Thomas Brandi (born July 9, 1966) is an American Professional Wrestler from Pennsylvania known for his work for WCW as Johnny Gunn, for WWE as Salvatore Sincere, and for various independents under those names, his own, and as The Patriot, which Del Wilkes claims Brandi stole from him. He debuted in 1985 and has wrestled primarily all over the U.S. for decades. He made his PPV debut at WCW Halloween Havoc 1992 teaming with Shane Douglas and Tom Zenk in a win over Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton and Michael Hayes.
Among his in-ring achievements, he is a former NWA ECW Tag Team Champion with Tommy Dreamer as Johnny Gunn, a former ICW/IWCCW (New England) Tag Team Champion under his own name with his trainer King Kahlua, a former ICW/IWCCW Television Champion, a former IWA Mid-South Heavyweight Champion as Salvatore Sincere, a former NWA National Heavyweight Champion as Salvatore Sincere and a former 2x MEWF Heavyweight Champion (1x as Johnny Gunn and 1x as Salvatore Sincere).
Despite being known as Johnny Gunn, he has no connection to Billy Gunn.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki, sincerely.
- All-American Face: As The Patriot.
- Alliterative Name: Salvatore Sincere.
- Artistic License Geography: As Sincere, he was billed from "Italy." Not any specific place in Italy, just "Italy."
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: The website declarationofindependents.net gave him its Lifetime Achievement Award in 2009.
- Chippendales Dancers: "Chippendale" was his original Red Baron.
- Finishing Move: Sincerely Yours (Full-Nelson Slam). Renamed Housequake after he shed the gimmick.
- Jobber: Pretty much, and Marc Mero even called him one.
- Nice Hat: As shown above.
- Power Stable:
- (in ICW/IWCCW): The Heart Throb 4, with Chris Candido, Darren Wyse and Flex Lavender.
- (in Maryland Championship Wrestling): The First Family.
- The Profit Foundation
- Camp Casanova
- (in IWA Mid-South): The Players' Club
- Real Men Wear Pink: As Sincere, as shown above.
- Self-Proclaimed Liar: This was the whole idea of the Sincere gimmick, he said he was sincere even though he actually wasn't.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Tommy Dreamer and Johnny Gunn defeated Tony Stetson and Johnny Hot Body for the NWA ECW Tag Team Titles at ECW November To Remember 93, November 13, 1993. He didn't make it to the December 4th event. Shane Douglas substituted and turned on Dreamer, costing them the belts to Kevin Sullivan and The Tazmaniac, leading to Shane renaming himself "The Franchise" and becoming the colossal Jerkass that the world would come to know and hate.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: After dropping the gimmick, he switched to trunks featuring the Italian flag.