Tom Zenk (November 30, 1958-December 9, 2017) was an American Professional Wrestler and Bodybuilder. He debuted in 1984 in the American Wrestling Association and also worked for WCW and WWE. He died of atherosclerosis and cardiomegaly at the age of 59.
He was a 1x NWA PNW Tag Team Champion with Scott Doring, a 1x NWA PNW Heavyweight Champion, a 1x International (Quebec) Tag Team Champion with Dan Kroffatnote , a 1x NWA United States Tag Team Champion with Brian Pillman, a 1x NWA World Television Champion and a 1x WCW World 6-Man Tag Team Champion with Dustin Rhodes and Big Josh (Matt Borne).
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: He tied for The Wrestling Observer Newsletter's "Rookie of the Year" Award in 1984 with Keiichi Yamada, who went on to become junior heavyweight legend Jushin Thunder Liger!
- Face: Always played this role.
- Finishing Move: Sleeper
- Muscles Are Meaningful: He was a champion bodybuilder before he got into wrestling.
- Red Baron: 'The Z-Man'
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Walked out on WWE in 1987 over a pay dispute.
- Also, apart from a short stint in the mid-2000s where he re-emerged as a figure in the very popular shoot interview scene (Zenk was particularly vitriolic and humorous so he gained quite a bit of notoriety), Zenk completely disappeared from the wrestling business in 1996. His time as a shoot interview subject was also short-lived as he disappeared from the scene to such an extent that even people he'd been friends with in the business such as Dave Meltzer were unaware that he'd died for more than two weeks afterward.
- Tag Team: (in WWE): The Can-Am Connection, with Rick Martel
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: A wrestling bodybuilder (other than Lex Luger).