Main Index | WWWF Era | Rock 'N' Wrestling Era | New Generation Era | Attitude Era | InVasion Era | Ruthless Aggression Era | WWE Universe Era | WWE, Inc. Era | Reality Era | New Era | Tag Teams | Female Talent | NXT | NXT UK | McMahon Family | Managers | Announcers, Commentators, and General Managers
Lists the various WWE wrestlers who are currently part of the WWE NXT Developmental System (UK brand). Please limit associated tropes to that wrestler's time in WWE.
When a wrestler gets either released or called up to the main roster (Raw, Smackdown, etc.), remove them from here. If the latter, also add them to the respective character pages: New Era (for male singles wrestlers), Divas, or Tag Teams. When they get an independent page, remove the tropes and put a link in to their page.
For the wrestlers of the northamerican brand, go here.
Television RosterContains Superstars who have made their debut and currently appear regularly and primarily on NXT-UK's weekly show.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Initially appeared as a participant in the Cruiserweight Classic (where the upper weight limit was 205 pounds), losing to (Gentleman) Jack Gallagher in the first round. About a year later, he makes his first NXT TV appearance and is significantly larger (now billed at about 220). The bulk gain is even commented upon during his matches.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: It's fairly obvious WWE is going for this by throwing the Italian-born Aichner into a Tag Team with the German Marcel Barthel and sticking them both on the NXT UK brand and having the announce team keep calling them the "European Union" note . That said, it's being handled slightly more subtly than most instances of this trope.
- Lightning Bruiser: Still has some cruiserweight-type moves in his repertoire, despite now weighing at least 220 pounds and hitting like it.
- The Red Baron: Has taken to calling himself "The NXT LVL".
- Villain Team-Up/Tag Team: With Marcel Barthel. And then again with the newly-turned Walter to form the Power Stable Imperium.
- Fragile Speedster: Categorically, he's the smallest male wrestler (in billed weight) on WWE programming as of 2019, so this is most certainly his hat.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: His entrance music is by his band, Junior.
- Genki Guy: From the moment of his entrance, which will either pump you up or make you tired just watching. In his time away from wrestling, he plays in a Pop Punk band, so it's sort of to be expected.
Joseph Connors (Joseph Buckton)
- Ax-Crazy: There's something... off... about Joseph Connors.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: A veteran of the UK indie scene, he hasn't yet been given a match at a Takeover event since the UK wing of NXT launched. To say this eats away at him would be a massive Understatement.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Jealous of what he calls NXT UK's 'shiny new toys' (read: incoming superstars that are popular with the fans.)
- Badass Teacher: Was headmaster (principal) of a school before retiring from that profession to pursue his dream of being a pro wrestler.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Separated his shoulder in a match with Trent Seven, forcing to vacate the Progress Unified Championship after just 3 months.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Was old friends with guys like Mark Andrews and Pete Dunne. It doesn't sit well with him that the both of them got their opportunities in WWE before he did.
Kassius Ohno (Chris Spradlin)
Flash Morgan Webster (Gavin Watkins)
- Catchphrase: "In Mod we trust".
- Fragile Speedster: He's small even by standards of the Cruiserweight Division, billed at a mere 156 pounds. Predictably, as most everyone in NXT UK is by some degree larger than him, he lives on speed and agility instead of straight-up power.
- Red Baron: "The Modfather"
- Scooter-Riding Mod: He's a Mod, a subculture that went out of fashion decades before he was born. For bonus points, the Mods were English, and Flash is Welsh.
- Tag Team: With Mark Andrews.
WALTER (Walter Hahn)
- Catchphrase: "Unbesiegbar." German for "Unconquerable."
- Determinator: A major factor of Dragunov's character, encapsulated by his Catchphrase, is that he will not stop.
- Meaningful Name: Named for the well-known Dragunov sniper rifle.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Hits way harder than his 187-pound billed weight would indicate.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: He likes to set up for the Torpedo Moscow by declaring that he is UN! BE! SIEG! BAR!
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: (Presumably) through the use of contact lenses, his irises are outlined in bright red.
- Use Your Head: His finisher, Torpedo Moscow.
Xia Brookside (Xia Henderson)
- Genki Girl: Presented as young and especially exuberant.
- Plucky Girl: Will get her ass handed to her at times against more physically impressive and/or more experienced competition, but doesn't give up easily and will come to her next fight with the same enthusiasm, previous result be damned.
- Wrestling Family: Daughter of Robbie Brookside, a highly respected British wrestler who currently serves as a coach at the NXT Performance Center.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Sometimes blue... sometimes pink. Sometimes both. Depends on the week, really.
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle!: Appeared to win a battle royal for the #1 contender's spot but fell for the old "missed one competitor in a battle royal that slipped between the ropes and hid for the rest of the match" and lost said battle royal and title match to Kay Lee Ray, who would later go on to beat Toni Storm for the NXT UK Women's Championship. Promos later in the year indicate this defeat still bothers her.
Isla Dawn (Courtney Stewart)
- Jobber: Basically exists at this point to get pounded by the more experienced ladies on the roster. She's still just a teenager and in the 'paying her dues' phase of her wrestling career, and the booking reflects that.
- Punny Name: Her name is a subtle play off 'candyfloss' - the UK term for what Americans know as "cotton candy."
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Bright pink, resembling... well, candyfloss.
Jinny (Jinny Sandhú)
- Action Fashionista: Her Red Baron is "The Fashionista".
- Alpha Bitch: Part of her gimmick.
- Ambiguously Brown: Her birth name Sandhú is Punjabi in origin (for point of reference, that's the same area of South Asia as The Great Khali hails from), although her ethnicity is never really referenced.
- Little Guy, Big Buddy: Has made a partnership with the much bigger and stronger Jazzy Gabbert. She serves as the strategist of the two, meaning they double as Brains and Brawn.
- Rich Bitch: The other part of her gimmick.
- Sadist: When Gabert isn't interfering in matches directly, Jinny often employs her after a victory is concluded to batter/humiliate her downed opponent even further. Recent episodes, however, indicate that Gabert may be less than enthused with this role...
- Tournament Arc: Competed in the 2018 Mae Young Classic, as well as the NXT UK tournament for the newly instated NXT UK Women's Championship where she made it to the semi finals, losing to Toni Storm.
Piper Niven (Kimberly Benson)
- Big Beautiful Woman: Renowned for her good looks as she is for her Acrofatic tendencies.
- Red Baron: She's also known as "Viper" (Randy Orton doesn't seem to mind).
- Stout Strength: One of the larger women on the roster and presented as one of the most physically powerful.
- Tournament Arc: Competed in the first Mae Young Classic.
Kay Lee Ray (Kayleigh Rae)
Toni Storm (Toni Rossall)
Tag Teams and Stables
Trent Seven (Benjamin Webb)
Pete Dunne (Peter England)
As a stable
- Arch-Enemy: They've been picking fights with everyone but their most natural rival out of the gate seems to be British Strong Style.
- Badass Arm-Fold: Their signature pose.
- Beard of Evil: Wolfgang and Joe in particular have impressive ones.
- Freudian Trio: Mark as the tactical technician that reins in Wolfgang and occasionally Joe when necessary (Superego). Wolfgang is the biggest and most powerful and also most prone to be easily set off and hit anything that moves (Id). Joe is the chief decision-maker, mouthpiece, and in terms of personality strikes a balance between the two (Ego).
- Meaningful Name: "Gallus" is a Scottish slang word for "daring"/"confident".
- Power Trio
- Violent Glaswegian: A trio of brutal Scots all born in Glasgow.
- Bash Brothers: With Real Life brother Joe.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The measured, calm blue to Wolfgang's passionate, fiery red.
Wolfgang (Barry Young)
- Acrofatic: He's firmly a heavyweight (billed at 255) and has a bit of a gut under that singlet. Doesn't stop him from busting out the occasional moonsault - even off the second turnbuckle or barricade (less height than the traditional top-rope variant.)
- Hair-Trigger Temper: More prone than the others to Unstoppable Rage and bloodlust; Mark often takes it upon himself to keep "Wolfie" on task when the two work together.
- Power Stable: Gallus, in NXT UK.
- Red Baron: "The Last King of Scotland"
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The fiery red to Mark Coffey's calmer blue.
- Violent Glaswegian: He was born in Glasgow, and he is quite a violent competitor.
As a Team
- Beard of Evil: Both Gibson and Drake in particular have impressive ones.
- Ur-Example: The inaugural NXT UK Tag Team Champions
- The Quiet One: Defers most of the promo work to Zack Gibson, who happens to be a nuclear heat magnet.
As a Team
- Alternate Company Equivalent:
- NXT UK's answer to the American NXT's The Undisputed Era.
- Also seems to be the WWE's equivalent to wXw's Ringkampf, and even features some overlap between the members (WALTER and Marcel Barthel were part of both stables.) Them using "The mat is sacred" as a motto (a traslation of Ringkampf's famous motto "Die Matte ist heilig") makes it clear that it's basically supposed to be Ringkampf under a different name.
- Arc Words: The stable imported Ringkampf's "The ring/mat is sacred."
- Arch-Enemy: Have basically been feuding against British Strong Style since their formation. Walter has defended his NXT UK title against all three members.
- Four Is Death: After Alexander Wolfe shockingly aligned with them. This sets them apart from other stables in NXT UK (and there are a couple of them), which are of the three-man variety.
- Multinational Team: Of non-UK Europeans; WALTER from Austria, Germans Barthel and Wolfe, and the Italian Aichner.
- Mythology Gag: Those well-versed in the pre-WWE careers of the wrestlers in question might remember that British Strong Style and Imperium's previous 'incarnation', Ringkampf, had a longstanding stable rivalry before everyone came over to NXT UK.
- Reverse Arm-Fold: Their signature pose.
WALTER (Walter Hahn)
As A Team
- Badass Beard: Both have long, shaggy ones
- Wild Man: Their gimmick as a pair of bestial barbarians.
"Primate" Jay Melrose
"Wild Boar" Mike Hitchman
NXT House Show talentContains Superstars who have yet to become full-time members of either NXT television roster and primarily work house shows. If they do show up on-screen it is mainly as a jobber or for short storylines.
- The Brute: Quite tall and imposing and wrestles a power style. Recently aligned herself as Jinny's enforcer.