Main Index | WWWF Era | Rock 'N' Wrestling Era | New Generation Era | Attitude Era | InVasion Era | Ruthless Aggression Era | WWE Universe Era | WWE, Inc. Era | Reality Era | New Era | Tag Teams | Female Talent | NXT | NXT UK | McMahon Family | Managers | Announcers, Commentators, and General Managers
Lists the various WWE wrestlers who are currently part of the WWE NXT Developmental System (UK brand). Please limit associated tropes to that wrestler's time in WWE.
When a wrestler gets either released or called up to the main roster (Raw, Smackdown, etc.), remove them from here. If the latter, also add them to the respective character pages: New Era (for male singles wrestlers), Divas, or Tag Teams. When they get an independent page, remove the tropes and put a link in to their page.
For the wrestlers of the North American brand, go here.
Television RosterContains Superstars who have made their debut and currently appear regularly and primarily on NXT-UK's weekly show.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Initially appeared as a participant in the Cruiserweight Classic (where the upper weight limit was 205 pounds), losing to (Gentleman) Jack Gallagher in the first round. About a year later, he makes his first NXT TV appearance and is significantly larger (now billed at about 220). The bulk gain is even commented upon during his matches.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: It's fairly obvious WWE is going for this by throwing the Italian-born Aichner into a Tag Team with the German Marcel Barthel and sticking them both on the NXT UK brand and having the announce team keep calling them the "European Union" note . That said, it's being handled slightly more subtly than most instances of this trope.
- Lightning Bruiser: Still has some cruiserweight-type moves in his repertoire, despite now weighing at least 220 pounds and hitting like it.
- The Red Baron: Has taken to calling himself "The NXT LVL".
- Villain Team-Up/Tag Team: With Marcel Barthel. And then again with the newly-turned Walter to form the Power Stable Imperium.
Rampage Brown (Oliver Biney)
Joseph Connors (Joseph Buckton)
- Ax-Crazy: There's something... off... about Joseph Connors.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: A veteran of the UK indie scene, he hasn't yet been given a match at a Takeover event since the UK wing of NXT launched. To say this eats away at him would be a massive Understatement.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Jealous of what he calls NXT UK's 'shiny new toys' (read: incoming superstars that are popular with the fans.)
- Odd Friendship: In early 2021, he teamed up with Jinny for...some reason.
- Animal Motifs: Dragons.
- Badass Teacher: Was headmaster (principal) of a school before retiring from that profession to pursue his dream of being a pro wrestler. As of late 2020 he began bringing this into his gimmick, first taking new tag team Pretty Deadly under his wing and then, when they decided to call that partnership quits, The Hunt, as students of a sort.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Separated his shoulder in a match with Trent Seven, forcing him to vacate the Progress Unified Championship after just 3 months. In a weird moment of serendipity, he did this right before the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic really broke out in the UK, which led to NXT UK stopping tapings until summer, by which time he was ready to get back to wrestling.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Was old friends with guys like Mark Andrews and Pete Dunne. It doesn't sit well with him that the both of them got their opportunities in WWE before he did.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: If he's not wrestling, he'll be in a smart suit and tie.
- Slasher Smile: He's almost always smiling in his promos. It doesn't quite reach his eyes and so comes off more like an animal threatening to attack you.
- We Used to Be Friends: With Mark Andrews. He sees Mark as being a flake who'll abandon his friends for his own personal gain. Oddly, NXT UK programming features this feud with numerous references to their time in Progress, despite the fact that as of 2020, Mark and Eddie were both heels and allies in Progress.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Got rid of Wild Boar in spring of 2021 after Boar couldn't take part in the match against Andrews and Webster. Out of kayfabe, it was because of Boar being injured.
Ilja Dragunov (Ilya Rukober)
- Catchphrase: "Unbesiegbar." German for "Unconquerable."
- Determinator: A major factor of Dragunov's character, encapsulated by his Catchphrase, is that he will not stop.
- Meaningful Name: Named for the well-known Dragunov sniper rifle.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Hits way harder than his 187-pound billed weight would indicate.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: He likes to set up for the Torpedo Moscow by declaring that he is UN! BE! SIEG! BAR!
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: His irises are outlined in bright red, presumably through the use of contact lenses. For some reason, as of early 2021, he no longer wears them in the ring.
- The Un-Smile: He...smiles? an awful lot, but it doesn't exactly look like a smile.
- Use Your Head: His finisher, Torpedo Moscow.
- Working-Class Hero: His working-class childhood as a Russian immigrant in Germany is sometimes brought up by the commentators. It's true outside of kayfabe as well.
- Cool Teacher: Trained by Seth Rollins, which is touched on briefly in his introductory vignette.
- Meaningful Rename: He changed his name from Ben Carter to Nathan Frazer, apparently his real name, to signify becoming a new man; he told Noam Dar that 'Ben Carter' was the name he used when he started out because he was worried about his parents finding out he was wrestling.
- Catchphrase: He's fond of calling other male wrestlers 'yoghurts', which basically means he considers them wimpy and unmanly.
- Jerkass: The reason he calls himself a "Thunder Storm" is because he "likes to ruin people's day."
- Red Baron: "Thunder Storm"
- Took a Level in Badass: Once a jobber (despite being an original in the UK Tournament), but after an injury that put him on the sidelines for a long time, returned way more jacked and a much bigger threat.
Amir Jordan (Bilal Ansari)
- Loser Leaves Town: Lost a 'Loser Leaves NXT-UK' match against former friend and tag team partner Kenny Williams. Hasn't been seen since.
- Plucky Boy: It's hard to discourage Amir Jordan. Even if he gets beaten one week, he'll come to the ring the next with a grin on his face, dancing all the way.
Dave Mastiff (David Minton)
Sha Samuels (Shaaheen Hosseinpour)
Teoman (Metehan Kocabaşoğlu)
- Continuity Nod: Up until early 2020, he was known on the indies as Lucky Kid. He then began wrestling under his real first name. In early promos and hype packages on NXT UK, he would refer to his past self as 'that lucky kid'.
- Only One Name: Similar to his most recent indie name of simply 'Metehan'.
Tyson T-Bone (Thomas Clifford)
WALTER (Walter Hahn)
Kenny Williams (Alan Niddrie)
- Beard of Evil: Weirdly inverted. He shaved it off after turning heel.
- Genki Guy: Very bouncy and energetic. It's especially obvious when he's up against bigger opponents like Trent Seven.
- Important Haircut: Well, facial hair. Got rid of it soon after embracing his heel persona.
- Jerkass: Since turning heel, he proudly calls himself "The Scum of the Earth."
- Red Baron: "The Lucky Yin" ("The Lucky One"). After his FaceHeel Turn, "The Scum of the Earth."
- We Used to Be Friends: With Noam Dar. Kenny turned face in the summer of 2019, refusing to hand Noam a chair during a match against Ligero.
- Also with Amir Jordan before betraying him.
Xia Brookside (Xia Henderson)
- Genki Girl: Presented as young and especially exuberant.
- Plucky Girl: Will get her ass handed to her at times against more physically impressive and/or more experienced competition, but doesn't give up easily and will come to her next fight with the same enthusiasm, previous result be damned.
- Wrestling Family: Daughter of Robbie Brookside, a highly respected British wrestler who currently serves as a coach at the NXT Performance Center.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Sometimes blue... sometimes pink. Sometimes both. Depends on the week, really.
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle!: Appeared to win a battle royal for the #1 contender's spot but fell for the old "missed one competitor in a battle royal that slipped between the ropes and hid for the rest of the match" and lost said battle royal and title match to Kay Lee Ray, who would later go on to beat Toni Storm for the NXT UK Women's Championship. Promos later in the year indicate this defeat still bothers her.
Isla Dawn (Courtney Stewart)
Candy Floss (Amy Samarzdija)
- Jobber: Basically exists at this point to get pounded by the more experienced ladies on the roster. She's still just a teenager and in the 'paying her dues' phase of her wrestling career, and the booking reflects that.
- Punny Name: Her name is a subtle play off 'candyfloss' - the UK term for what Americans know as "cotton candy."
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Bright pink, resembling... well, candyfloss.
Jinny (Jinny Sandhú)
- Action Fashionista: Her Red Baron is "The Fashionista".
- Alpha Bitch: Part of her gimmick.
- Ambiguously Brown: Her birth name Sandhú is Punjabi in origin (for point of reference, that's the same area of South Asia as The Great Khali hails from), although her ethnicity is never really referenced.
- Little Guy, Big Buddy: Has made a partnership with the much bigger and stronger Jazzy Gabbert. She serves as the strategist of the two, meaning they double as Brains and Brawn.
- Odd Friendship: Formed a partnership in early 2021 with Joseph Conners, of all people.
- Rich Bitch: The other part of her gimmick.
- Sadist: When Gabert isn't interfering in matches directly, Jinny often employs her after a victory is concluded to batter/humiliate her downed opponent even further. Recent episodes, however, indicate that Gabert may be less than enthused with this role...
- Tournament Arc: Competed in the 2018 Mae Young Classic, as well as the NXT UK tournament for the newly instated NXT UK Women's Championship where she made it to the semi finals, losing to Toni Storm.
Kay Lee Ray (Kayleigh Rae)
- Evil Redhead: She has dyed red hair and is mostly a Heel.
- Manipulative Bitch: An expert at psychological warfare.
- Red Baron: The Scottish Daredevil, or the "Scary Queen of Scots"
- The Corrupter: When she tortured Toni Storm in an I Quit match for the NXT UK Women's championship. It resulted in Toni's first FaceHeel Turn on the November 25th edition of WWE NXT.
- Villainous Cheekbones: A prominent Heel known for her distinct cheekbones.
- We Used to Be Friends: With Toni Storm.
Nina Samuels (Samantha Allen)
- Action Fashionista: Her gimmick is almost identical to Jinny's. The main difference seems to be that Nina, in NXT UK at least, is more focused on the fashionista aspect.
- Alpha Bitch: Not as much as Jinny, but definitely close. After beating Xia Brookside, she crowed about how Xia's barely good enough to carry her bags for her, even setting up a rematch where the loser had to spend a month doing that for the winner. Nina lost. And it didn't stop there; Xia subjected Nina to lots of grunt work, even cleaning a men's bathroom just before the time ran out.
- Rich Bitch: She even has her own valet to carry her bags to the ring.
Tag Teams and Stables
Trent Seven (Benjamin Webb)
Pete Dunne (Peter England)
As a stable
- Arch-Enemy: They've been picking fights with everyone, but their most natural rival out of the gate seems to be British Strong Style.
- Badass Arm-Fold: Their signature pose.
- Beard of Evil: Wolfgang and Joe in particular have impressive ones.
- Freudian Trio: Mark is the tactical technician that reins in Wolfgang and occasionally Joe when necessary (Superego). Wolfgang is the biggest and most powerful, and also most prone to be easily set off and hit anything that moves (Id). Joe is the chief decision-maker, mouthpiece, and in terms of personality strikes a balance between the two (Ego).
- Meaningful Name: "Gallus" is a Scottish slang word for "daring"/"confident".
- Violent Glaswegian: A trio of brutal Scots all born in Glasgow.
- Bash Brothers: With Real Life brother Joe.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The measured, calm blue to Wolfgang's passionate, fiery red.
Wolfgang (Barry Young)
- Acrofatic: He's firmly a heavyweight (billed at 255) and has a bit of a gut under that singlet. Doesn't stop him from busting out the occasional moonsault - even off the second turnbuckle or barricade (less height than the traditional top-rope variant.)
- Hair-Trigger Temper: More prone than the others to Unstoppable Rage and bloodlust; Mark often takes it upon himself to keep "Wolfie" on task when the two work together.
- Power Stable: Gallus, in NXT UK.
- Red Baron: "The Last King of Scotland"
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The fiery red to Mark Coffey's calmer blue.
- Violent Glaswegian: He was born in Glasgow, and he is quite a violent competitor.
As a Team
- Beard of Evil: Both Gibson and Drake in particular have impressive ones.
- Ur-Example: The inaugural NXT UK Tag Team Champions.
Zack Gibson (Jack Rea)
James Drake (James Dowell)
As a Team
- Alternate Company Equivalent:
- NXT UK's answer to the American NXT's The Undisputed Era.
- Also seems to be the WWE's equivalent to wXw's Ringkampf, and even features some overlap between the members (WALTER and Marcel Barthel were part of both stables.) Them using "The mat is sacred" as a motto (a translation of Ringkampf's famous motto "Die Matte ist heilig") makes it clear that it's basically supposed to be Ringkampf under a different name.
- Arc Words: The stable imported Ringkampf's "The ring/mat is sacred."
- Arch-Enemy: Have basically been feuding against British Strong Style since their formation. Walter has defended his NXT UK title against all three members. They later moved onto feuding with Gallus in late 2019 through early 2020, culminating in WALTER vs. Joe Coffey at Blackpool II (WALTER retained).
- Four Is Death: After Alexander Wolfe shockingly aligned with them. This sets them apart from other stables in NXT UK (and there are a couple of them), which are of the three-man variety.
- Meaningful Name: The stable's name, "Imperium", means "empire" in German, which make sense, as every member of it comes from the territory previously occupied by the Holy Roman Empire.
- Multinational Team: Of non-UK Europeans; WALTER from Austria, Germans Barthel and Wolfe, and the Italian Aichner.
- Mythology Gag: Those well-versed in the pre-WWE careers of the wrestlers in question might remember that British Strong Style and Imperium's previous 'incarnation', Ringkampf, had a longstanding stable rivalry before everyone came over to NXT UK.
- Reverse Arm-Fold: Their signature pose.
WALTER (Walter Hahn)
Alexander Wolfe (Axel Tischer)
As a Team
"Primate" Jay Melrose
- Bald of Evil: Or Bald of Awesome, depending on whether he's a face or a heel. It contrasts against Wild Boar's long, shaggy hair.
"Wild Boar" Mike Hitchman
- Childhood Friends: With Flash Morgan Webster. Not only is it true out of kayfabe, it's also an important part of The Hunt's feud with South Wales Subculture (the tag team consisting of Webster and Mark Andrews). Webster cut an emotional promo talking about how he and Boar used to wrestle in the back yard as kids.
Oliver Carter (Oliver Sauter)
As a Team
- Action Fashionista
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Both of them have long, luscious locks (Lewis blond, Sam brunet).
- Sharp-Dressed Man: As their gimmick is that of two rather vain male models, this is a given. Their ring gear mostly consists of tight leather jeans, and if they're not wrestling, they're usually in floral shirts and even tighter denim jeans.
As a Team
- Subculture of the Week: All three of them belong to different subcultures, yet they have a lot in common with each other.
- Fragile Speedster: Categorically, he's the smallest male wrestler (in billed weight) on WWE programming as of 2019, so this is most certainly his hat.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: His entrance music is by his band, Junior.
- Genki Guy: From the moment of his entrance, which will either pump you up or make you tired just watching. In his time away from wrestling, he plays in a Pop Punk band, so it's sort of to be expected.
- The Quincy Punk: A bit more subdued than usual, but she still displays it, such as multi-colored hair and leather jackets.
Flash Morgan Webster (Gavin Watkins)
- Catchphrase: "In Mod we trust".
- Childhood Friends: With Wild Boar. The real-life Gavin Watkins and Mike Hitchman have indeed been friends since at least their early teenage years; they grew up in the same small town in the south Welsh valleys and are about the same age. It's obvious that Mark and Flash's feud with The Hunt is hurting Flash as he's almost tearfully discussed the fun times he and Boar had together as kids.
- Fragile Speedster: He's small even by standards of the Cruiserweight Division, billed at a mere 156 pounds. Predictably, as most everyone in NXT UK is by some degree larger than him, he lives on speed and agility instead of straight-up power.
- Red Baron: "The Modfather"
- Scooter-Riding Mod: He's a Mod, a subculture that went out of fashion decades before he was born. For bonus points, the Mods were English, and Flash is Welsh. Although according to Eddie Dennis, Flash doesn't even have a license to drive a scooter.
- Tag Team: With Mark Andrews.