Brian Girard "B.G." James (born May 20, 1969) is an American professional wrestler born in Marietta, Georgia and resides in Jay, Florida who is best known for his work for his work in WWE as "Road Dogg" Jesse James or just Road Dogg. His career began in 1986 when he wrestled as Brian Armstrong in the indies, though he would alternate time spent wrestling with tours of duty in the United States Marine Corps. In 1994, he would make his then-WWF debut as a assistant to Jeff Jarrett named The Roadie. Their partnership lasted only a year before they both departed for the United States Wrestling Association. James returned to the WWF a year later under the ring name "The Real Double J" Jesse James, where he would play the role as a Jobber until he began a feud with fellow jobber The Rockabilly, and they would eventually find true success by forming one of the most successful tag teams in WWE history, The New Age Outlaws. Together, the Outlaws won the WWF World Tag Team Titles 5 times, aligning themselves with and eventually joining D-Generation X. After the Outlaws split up due to Billy Gunn's injury, Jesse James briefly tagged with X-Pac, and later with K-Kwik, before being indefinitely suspended, and later released, by the WWF in 2001.
After spending more time in the indies, James debuted in TNA as B.G. James, forming the stable known as 3Live Kru alongside Konnan and Ron Killings (the former K-Kwik). He would later reunite with Billy Gunn (now Kip James) to form The James Gang, which would later be renamed Voodoo Kin Mafia. They would later split up, with Kip turning heel, and then James would be released from his TNA contract in 2009.
After spending more time in the Indies, James would return to the WWE in 2011 as an road agent. He would participate in the Royal Rumble in 2012, and then reunite with Billy Gunn to win their sixth WWE World Tag Team Championship. After they lost the title, James returned to his backstage role, eventually becoming the producer and head of the creative team for WWE SmackDown Live.
He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2019 as part of D-Generation X's group induction.
As always, you can find more info at The Other Wiki.
These Tropes do it Doggy Style!
- Action Dad: He has three children.
- Acrofatic: He wasn't that fat, but nonetheless subverted with his Voodoo Kin Mafia run where, while trying to do a Take That! towards Triple H and Shawn Michaels' reunion as DX, he tried and failed to "perform" Michaels' moves.
- Breakup Breakout: Inverted. It was actually forming a tag team that launched the Road Dogg to success.
- Quite a number of them just as himself alone."[Location]! You damn right! You see, it's me, it's me! It's that D-O-Double-G!""[Location], welcome to the Dogg House! Where we always do it Doggy Style!"
- And of course, his entire catch paragraph as part of the New Age Outlaws."Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages! [The WWF/D-Generation X] proudly brings to you its [former/soon-to-be/X time] [WWF/WWE] TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WORRRRRRRRRLD! The Road Dogg, Jesse James! The Badd Ass, Billy Gunn! The New! Age! Outlaws!"
- Quite a number of them just as himself alone.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: He was actually the singer of someone else's theme tune.
- Incoming Ham: "Oh, you didn't know?"
- Malevolent Masked Man: As the Masked Bullet in TNA.
- Motor Mouth: He speaks surprisingly quickly during his long-winded introduction of the New Age Outlaws.
- Musicalis Interruptus: "Cut the music!"
- No Indoor Voice: Even with a microphone, he talks really loud.
- Power Stable: Joined D-Generation X, later formed his own in TNA.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Was often the blue to Billy Gunn's red. Billy has a tendency to flip out, but Dogg is more laid back.
- Semper Fi: Outside of wrestling, James served on several tours of duty in the U.S. Marine Corps.
- Sweet Home Alabama: A Southern boy through and through (though he's from Georgia, so maybe more like "Georgia On My Mind"?).
- Take That!: The name "Voodoo Kin Mafia" was a shot at Vince McMahon, using his initials (Vincent Kennedy McMahon).
- Wrestling Family: A member of the Armstrong wrestling family, a fact that has often come up in plots involving his father Bullet Bob in TNA.
- You Wanna Get Sued?: In TNA, at first he would do his usual introduction and started to call himself "Road Dogg", but stopped himself, saying he could get in trouble if he finished that.