Jeremy: You were the first! You were the first to hump the ropes!
Francine Fournier (b. 1972) is a retired Professional Wrestling valet/manager from Bear, Delaware best known for her work in the original ECW from 1995-2001 as Francine. Billed as "The Queen of Extreme", she was the most visible of ECW's valets, and quite possibly the first woman to be put through a table.
She debuted in Spring 1995 as an unnamed "fan" who was interested in Stevie Richards. This led to conflicts with Richards, his mentor Raven and his piece, Beulah McGillicutty. Francine then aligned herself with the Pitbulls, guiding #2 to the ECW World Television Title in 1996. However, she turned heel on him, costing him the belt, and aligning herself with "The Franchise" Shane Douglas. This lasted until Douglas jumped to WCW in Summer 1999. Francine would second Tommy Dreamer for the next year, until she turned on him (again), forfeiting the ECW World Heavyweight Title to Justin Credible.
After ECW died, she would work in TNA and various independents, as well as making a surprise appearance at ECW One Night Stand 2005. WWE brought her in for WWECW in 2006, though she was gone by October. She retired in December to start a family.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
"The Queen of Tropes":
- Anything but That!: Has said that she would rather have a root canal than take Total Elimination again.
- Arch-Enemy: Beulah McGillicutty, Dawn Marie, and not just in Kayfabe. When she had her website at http://forevertbozsguy.simplenet.com/francine/, in the FAQ sectionnote when asked what she really thought of Beulah and Kimona Wanalaya, her only response was "..........................", with the webmaster noting that he took it to mean "no comment."
- Ascended Fangirl: Her character was introduced as Stevie Richards' Stalker with a Crush.
- Ass Kicks You/Face–Heel Turn: At ECW Heatwave 96, July 13, 1996, was in the corner of Pitbull #2 in the four-way dance for the ECW World Television Title involving champion Chris Jericho, 2 Cold Scorpio and Shane Douglas. Scorpio eliminated Jericho and Pitbull #2 eliminated Scorpio. Francine entered the ring and threw powder in Pitbull #2's eyes. She then turned her back to the camera and pulled down her skirt to reveal her thong with "Franchise" printed on it, thus turning herself heel. Beat. This led to the Pitbulls making history by superbombing her through a table.
- Bash Brothers and Sisters: Shane Douglas, Tommy Dreamer, Jazz
- Catfight: So, so many, often with Beulah, then with Dawn Marie.
- Clothing Damage: "We always incorporated sex into everything because sex sells."
- A few of her exits were actually pornographic, such as Rick Rude "abducting" Francine while giving her a mustache ride, or a simulated fingerbang from Tommy. Lesbianism is where she drew the line, though, which is funny considering the Divas' gimmick.
- Cluster Bleep-Bomb: During the Shane Douglas-Phil LaFon match at ECW As Good As It Gets, September 20, 1997, she turned to the camera and said what can only be presumed to have been a complete sentence that got bleeped out.Joey Styles: "EXCUSE ME! There's no telling what that mouth is capable of!"
- Cute, but Cacophonic: Her voice is...an acquired taste.
- Dark Action Girl: She was pretty fearless about getting involved in matches and taking bumps, seemingly particularly when doing so would not have been advantageous to her well-being.
- Demoted to Extra: In WWE.
- Dented Iron: As the WWECW commentators loved to remind us, "broke her nose, broke her ribs, broke her pelvis", and never missed a day of work — even when her paycheck bounced. Don't expect her to take any bumps nowadays, though, unless she sprains her wrist while autographing.
- Didn't See That Coming: She managed Michael Shane in MLW. During his match with Norman Smiley at MLW Revolutions, she got involved, of course, and gave Smiley the Bronco Buster in the corner. He countered by grabbing the front of her shorts and simulating oral sex on her. It didn't help him, as Michael still won the match.
- Dominatrix: Her image as the manager for the Pitbulls.
- Femme Fatale: She turned on the Pitbulls, leading to Douglas winning the TV Title and turned on Dreamer to help Credible win the ECW World Heavyweight Title. Both times she turned it was to help a heel win a title.
- Flipping the Bird: Once when the fans were, as usual, chanting "Show your tits! Show your tits!," she teased doing it only to answer with this.
- Gag Boobs: At ECW Heat Wave 98, Joey mentioned that he had bought a new suit for the PPV, that was "double-breasted — like Francine."Francine: I bet you your suit didn't cost you 3 grand. Unlike...
- Gold Digger: Arguably one of ECW's tops heels next to Raven and The Dudley Boys, with zero scruples or allegiances worth a damn. Her performance made it clear that, as she explains in interviews, "my legs were shut if you lost the belt."
- Groin Attack: Frequently.
- Hand-or-Object Underwear: She once did a photo shoot where she was topless and covering herself with Shane Douglas's ECW World Heavyweight Title belt.
- Heel: Her primary role from her initial turn in 1996.
- Iron Butt Monkey: Francine got powerbombed? Must be Tuesday.
- Even by ECW standards. The Pitbulls Superbombed her through a table. Dreamer gave her several piledrivers. Phil LaFon gave her a Tiger Driver. The Impact Players treated her to a Singapore Cane shot to the face. Bam Bam Bigelow powerbombed her, breaking her pelvis.
- Knight of Cerebus: She took so much verbal abuse from the crowd over the years following her initial heel turn (see below), sparking some of Joey's best material. And there was all the physical abuse she took as well, which pushed the boundaries of what women could get away with in the ring (even if some of it was in bad taste).
- Lean and Mean: She's be invisible if she turned sideways.
- In a shoot interview, Missy Hyatt said that Francine was a nice gal but that, before she got her implants, she was so skinny that "you just wanted to shove a goddamn cheeseburger down her throat."
- Literal Ass-Kicking: Her losses always ended up involving her butt in some fashion: getting spanked, whipped, or booted. And those were on her lucky days.
- Literal Ass Kissing: Suggested by the lip-print tattoo on her butt.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: She and Shane did everything in their power to win the undying hatred of the Mutants, and succeeded to a good extent. It got to where the duo had to use a secret entrance so they could approach the ring without getting shanked. The reality is much sweeter and non-aggressive...well, in Francine's case at least. (She cited this as a big reason why she loved the heel angles.)
- Ms. Fanservice: Among many examples: When she was in MLW in 2003, she did a promo for the MLW T-shirt which started with a close-up of her saying, "If I can't wear my MLW T-shirt," then the camera pulled back to show her sitting nude from the side with her legs pulled up to her chest and saying, "then I won't wear anything at all."
- Nipple and Dimed: Jazz tore off her blouse during the ECW World Heavyweight Title Stairway to Hell (Ladder match with a roll of barbed-wire hanging above the ring) match between Justin Credible and Tommy Dreamer at ECW Heat Wave 2000, but Francine, who was braless, had black tape over her breasts. She, of course, covered herself up as best she could and bailed.
- Perky Female Minion: For Amber O'Neal and The Human Tornado
- Power Stable: Both in ECW.
- Real Song Theme Tune: (in ECW)
- Really Gets Around: No belt, no booty.Shane: She came across as a kind of girl who would—would, uhhh...well, no way else to say it: put out.
- Red Baroness: (as manager for The Pit Bulls): "The Beastmaster"; (with Shane Douglas): "The Head Cheerleader," "The Queen of Extreme"
- Ripped from the Headlines: Fran nommin' on Terry Funk's ear was Paul's attempt at this. It's an homage to the infamous Tyson v. Holyfied match in Chicago 1997. It got a weak pop in the arena and that's about it.
- The Rival
- Z-Barr "The Ultra Violent Man Whore" and his girlfriend Gorgeous George (not that one or that) in the wider Philadelphia area outside of ECW. They showed up at Women's Extreme Wrestling with intentions to take it over, just to spite Francine, who worked there.
- Fellow manager SoCalVal grew up idolizing Francine but found she really didn't care for her after a stint as Francine's assistant.
- Sidekick: To Shane Douglas, Tommy Dreamer, and Justin Credible.
- Slut-Shaming: During Douglas' match with Pitbull #2 at ECW Barely Legal, the crowd chanted "She's a slut! She's a slut! She's a slut!," with Francine having no option than to walk back and forth with her hands over her ears.Joey Styles: Well, the Francine fan club is here tonight...
- Hardly the only chant she got. There was also "She's a crack whore!" and "She's hardcore!" (a play on the traditional ECW chant of approval).
- Spiritual Successor: For her initial training at the "House of Hardcore", Francine picked Sherri Martel as a template for her research. Sherri was the original heel manager to Shane, and Francine grabbed that opportunity to pump as much information as she could out of the Sensational One, who was in a professorial mood. The pair were scheduled to reunite at a convention in 2007, but Sherri died before she could attend, so Francine never got to say 'thanks'.
- Squash Match: To Steve Corino at ECW Heat Wave 99 in what had started as Dreamer and Francine being interviewed.
- Wardrobe Malfunction/Gravity Is a Harsh Mistress: At Holiday Hell 96, Shane Douglas and Francine d. Dreamer and Beulah. At one point, Dreamer had Francine set up for a piledriver and was turning around to each side of the ring so everyone could get a glimpse of what was about to happen, which was Dreamer hitting the piledriver and Francine's breasts falling out. Raised to funny because, right when Dreamer grabbed Francine by the hair to set her up for the move, Joey said, "And Dreamer has seen enough of the Head Cheerleader."
- Whip It Good: While being helped out the Impact Zone by Ed Ferrera following her elimination, she pretended to fellate Ed, then just punched him in the groin and stole his belt. She used it as a whip and garrote in subsequent matches.
- Woman Scorned: After Beulah (Trisa Hayes) retired in 1998 following The Dudleys breaking her neck with the 3D, Thomas "Tommy Dreamer" Laughlin started an off-screen relationship with Francine Fournier. This ended when Laughlin left her to go back to Hayes. Reportedly, Hayes and Laughlin had to have extra security for their Real Life wedding. This is what Joey was referring to at ECW One Night Stand 2005 when he said, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and did he ever scorn her."