In addition to being an actor, Jason owns his own karate schools and started a career in Mixed Martial Arts.
He also held the Guinness World Record for breaking the most pine boards in a freefall.
Notable works he has appeared in:
- Power Rangers
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (Green and White Ranger)
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie (White Ranger)
- Power Rangers Zeo (Red Ranger)
- Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie (Red Ranger)
- Power Rangers Turbo (Red Ranger)
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder (Black Ranger)
- Power Rangers Super Megaforce (Green Ranger) (Guest)
- Power Rangers (2017) (Cameo)
- Power Rangers Hyperforce (Black Ranger) (Guest)
- Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel (Green, White, Red, and Black Rangers) (Guest)
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Shattered Grid: Dark Prelude (Lord Drakkon)
- Family Matters (Guest)
- Sweet Valley High
- The Transformers: Titans Return (Emissary)
- Super Power Beat Down
- Up Up Down Down
Tropes Associated with Jason David Frank:
- Alliterative Name: His nickname, Fearless Frank.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Tends to play this role to his daughter Jenna, due to his somewhat Manchild-like behaviour, in videos he posts online as of late.
- Catchphrase: Many of Jason's social media posts include the phrase "Live Fearlessly".
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: His MMA opponents have a habit of claiming to be the one that will beat the Green Ranger. Jason's record is still undefeated.
- Kung-Fu Jesus: Invoked, not for himself, but for his Christian and martial arts themed clothing line, "Jesus Didn't Tap".
- Large Ham
- Long-Runner Cast Turnover: Jason was the main reason that this happened during Power Rangers Turbo. He wanted out, so they sent everyone else but Blake Foster with him. note
- The Prankster: Just ask any of his cast mates.
- Real Men Love Jesus: Jason's wife brought him along to church after the death of his brother, Eric Ray Frank. The experience really helped Jason, enabling him to develop faith which has been a source of strength for him ever since. Now he has an MMA clothing line called Jesus Didn't Tap, and tattoos to match.
- Remake Cameo: He appeared in Power Rangers (2017) as an Angel Grove citizen alongside fellow Mighty Morphin' alum Amy Jo Johnson.note
- Later outtakes showed he did a alternate cameo, with the same hairstyle as he'd worn during the series itself.
- Role Reprise: On top of being the second-longest returning Power Ranger in the series (the first being Johnny Yong Bosch), he also took up the mantle of Green Ranger once more against Ryu in Super Power Beat Down, as well as playing the White Ranger once again against Scorpion in the same show, and he even managed to reprise his role for the Boom Comics Power Rangers comicbook, in a trailer released in 2018.
- Same Character, but Different: The Black Ranger in Power Rangers Dino Thunder was originally called Dr. Edward Payne, just in case they couldn't get Jason back. Not much was actually changed between the switch from Payne to Tommy, which caused some discrepancies.
- Suddenly Ethnicity: After he became Suddenly Native American on Power Rangers, and the fact that he actually looks it, Jason pulls off Suddenly Not Native American in real life.