In the reboot movieverse, Rita Repulsa is setting out to take revenge against the Rangers. She's found a way to enter the Morphing Grid and seeks to ravage it to strike out against Rangers throughout space/time. Recruited by Zordon and given "Zeo Shards", you recruit heroes and villains throughout the series' 25 years and battle others to stop Rita's threat.
The game takes characters from the 25+ years of Power Rangers live-action series, along with the 2017 reboot movie, the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (Boom! Studios) series, and Power Rangers Hyper Force.
In July 2018, it was revealed that a tie-in short film would be released towards the end of 2018 for the game, telling the story of how Bison and co (of Street Fighter fame) got into the Morphing Grid in the first place, and is being produced by Bat in the Sun alongside veteran Power Rangers actor Jason David Frank. The short will see JDF join the BitS cast along with other PR alumni and feature the unveiling of the Crimson Hawk Ryu Ranger, Ryu's ranger form. Trailer here. Video here.
Rangers, Allies, and Villains
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Jason Lee Scott (Mighty Morphin' Red Ranger, Red Ranger in Dragon Shield), Billy Cranston (Mighty Morphin' Blue Ranger), Zack Taylor (Mighty Morphin' Black Ranger, Black Ranger in Dragon Shield), Trini Kwan (Mighty Morphin' Yellow Ranger, Dragon Armor Trini), Kimberly Hart (Mighty Morphin' Pink Ranger), Tommy Oliver (Mighty Morphin' Green Ranger, Mighty Morphin' White Ranger, White Ninja Ranger), Ninjor, Adam Park (Black Ninja Ranger), Delphine (White Aquitar Ranger), Rita Repulsa, Goldar, Scorpina, Pumpkin Rapper, Lord Zedd, Rito Revolto
- Power Rangers Zeo: Kat Hillard (Zeo Ranger I - Pink), Jason Lee Scott (Gold Zeo Ranger II), Tommy Oliver (Zeo Ranger V - Red)
- Power Rangers Turbo: Cassie Chan (Pink Turbo Ranger), Phantom Ranger, Blue Senturion
- Power Rangers in Space: Andros (Red Space Ranger), TJ Johnson (Blue Space Ranger), Cassie Chan (Pink Space Ranger, skin for Pink Turbo Ranger), Zhane (Silver Space Ranger), Ecliptor, Psycho Red, Psycho Blue (skin for Psycho Green), Astronema
- Power Rangers Lost Galaxy: Kendrix Morgan (Pink Galaxy), Mike Corbett (Magna Defender), Trakeena
- Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue: Ryan Mitchell (Titanium Ranger)
- Power Rangers Time Force: Wes Collins (Red Time Force Ranger), Jen Scotts (Pink Time Force Ranger), Eric Myers (Quantum Ranger)
- Power Rangers Wild Force: Danny Delgado (Black Bison Wild Force Ranger), Zen-Aku, Taylor Earhardt (Yellow Eagle Wild Force Ranger), Merrick Baliton (Lunar Wolf Ranger)
- Power Rangers Ninja Storm: Tori Hanson (Blue Wind Ranger), Blake Bradley (Navy Thunder Ranger), Hunter Bradley (Crimson Thunder Ranger, skin for Navy Thunder Ranger), Cam Watanabe (Green Samurai Ranger)
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder: Conner McKnight (Red Dino Ranger), Kird Ford (Yellow Dino Ranger), Dr. Oliver (Black Dino Thunder Ranger), Trent Fernandez-Mercer (White Dino Thunder Ranger), Mesogog
- Power Rangers S.P.D.: Sky Tate (SPD Blue Ranger), Anubis "Doggie" Cruger (SPD Shadow Ranger), Kat Manx (SPD Kat Ranger), Sam (SPD Omega Ranger)
- Power Rangers Mystic Force: Udonna (White Mystic Ranger), Daggeron (Solaris Knight), Leanbow (Koragg the Knight Wolf, Wolf Warrior)
- Power Rangers Operation Overdrive: Tyzonn (Mercury Ranger), Sentinel Knight
- Power Rangers Jungle Fury: Robert "RJ" James (Jungle Fury Wolf Ranger), Dom Hargan (Jungle Fury Rhino Ranger), Dai Shi
- Power Rangers RPM: Ziggy Grover (Ranger Operator Series Green), Gemma (Ranger Operator Series Silver)
- Power Rangers Samurai: Antonio Garcia (Gold Samurai Ranger), Lauren Shiba (Red Samurai Ranger), Master Xandred
- Power Rangers Megaforce: Robo Knight, Gia Moran (Super Megaforce Yellow)
- Power Rangers Dino Charge: Koda (Blue Dino Charge Ranger), Kendall Morgan (Purple Dino Charge Ranger), Snide
- Power Rangers Ninja Steel: Preston Tien (Ninja Steel Blue)
- Power Rangers: Beast Morphers: Devon Daniels (Beast Morphers Red Ranger)
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (Boom! Studios): Silverback (skin for Goldar), Kimberly Hart (Ranger Slayer, MMPR with Dragon Armor), Lord Drakkon, Black Dragon, Mike Corbett (Black Solar Ranger, skin for Magna Defender), Cameron (Green Solar Ranger, skin for Green Samurai Ranger), Heckyl (Talon Dino Charge Ranger, or Blue Solar Ranger skin), Ellarien (Solar Ranger), Trek (Psycho Green, or Psycho Green Monster skin), Zack Taylor (Omega Black Ranger, skin for Black Ranger in Dragon Shield), Kiya (Omega Blue Ranger), Remi (Orange Solar Ranger, skin for Kat Manx)
- Power Rangers (2017): Jason Scott (Red Ranger), Zack Taylor (Black Ranger), Billy Cranston (Blue Ranger), Trini (Yellow Ranger), Kimberly Hart (Pink Ranger), Alpha 5, Rita Repulsa, Putty
- Power Rangers Hyperforce: Jack Thomas (Yellow HyperForce Ranger)
- Super Power Beat Down: Tommy Oliver (Mighty Morphin' Green Ranger V2)
- Street Fighter V: Ryu (as Coinless and as Ryu Ranger), Chun-Li (as Coinless and as Chun-Li Ranger), Guile, Cammy, Akuma, M. Bison
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Dino Megazord, Thunder Megazord, Mega Goldar, Dragonzord
- Power Rangers Wild Force: Predazord
- Power Rangers SPD: Delta Squad Megazord
- Power Rangers Samurai: Samurai Megazord
- Power Rangers (2017): Dino Megazord 2017
- Boom! Studios Comics: Black Dragon
- Ambidextrous Sprite: Characters fighting from the right side of the screen are flipped horizontally. It's most noticable with characters that have asymmetrical suits such as Danny and Kendall.
- Badass Normal: Several rangers have civilian skins, so they can fight unmorphed as easily as when they're suited up.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Pumpkin Rapper literally outright asks for someone to add him to the roster of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid in one of his victory quotes.
- Another of his victory quotes has him accuse the opponent player of being a button-masher.
- Excuse Plot: The story of Rita diving into the Morphing Grid is this, basically giving you a reason as to why you're in a PVP-match with other characters.
- Guest Fighter: Street Fighter characters Ryu, Akuma, M. Bison, Cammy, Guile, and Chun-Li appear as playable characters in their Street Fighter V incarnations starting with the May 16, 2018 update.
- Heads I Win, Tails You Lose: Inverted during Raid events. Whether you win, lose, or run out of time, every battle will end with your lead character doing their victory pose. It makes sense because damage persists so you'll always make some progress no matter the outcome, but it can be a bit strange, especially during Megazord fights where you can get KO'd and then immediately see the opponent exploding in the background.
- Humongous Mecha: An update halfway through year one added in Megazord battles. Players start out with the classic Megazord and can obtain the Thunder Megazord, Mega Goldar (an alternate version of giant sized Goldar, original to the game), the Predazord, the Black Dragon, the Samurai Megazord, the Delta Squad Megazord, and the Dragonzord.
- Limit Break: Street Fighter characters have a "Super Mode" ability that becomes available after filling a meter and allows them to use EX versions of their attacks.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: There are plenty of Power Rangers and villains in the game, with the three seasons of Mighty Morphin providing the most characters to play with (currently a whopping nineteen) and nearly thirty years of franchise history to pull from going forward. In addition, there are characters originating from the BOOM! Studios comics, the Hyperforce actual-play series, the 2017 reboot movie, and Street Fighter. As of September 2021, the only part of the franchise without any playable representation is Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie note , with everything else having at least one character.
- Me's a Crowd: Plenty of it, with the classic and movie versions of the original five Rangers and Rita along with six versions of Tommy Oliver (Green, Green V2, Lord Drakkon, White, Zeo Ranger V - Red, and Black Dino Thunder)
- One Steve Limit: Averted - players can have both leader and assist versions of the same character on the team. This goes double for the classic and movie versions.
- Palette Swap: Several characters have alternate skins that represent different power sets (Heckyl as a Solar Ranger, Zack as an Omega Ranger) or different characters (Hunter for Blake, Psycho Blue for Psycho Green). Koragg and Leanbow/Wolf Warrior are the only ones that are two entirely separate characters but play identically.
- Tactical RockPaperScissors: Players have three types of attacks - Strike, Smash, and Block. Strike, signified in yellow, are speedy attacks that break through slower Smash attacks and are stopped by Blocks. Smashes, signified in red, are strong attacks that break through Blocks and are stopped by Strikes. Blocks, signified in blue, are blocking or stun attacks that stops Strikes and can be broken through with Smashes.