In the reboot movieverse, Rita Repulsa is setting out to take revenge against the Rangers. She's found a way to enter the Morphing Grid and seeks to ravage it to strike out against Rangers throughout space/time. Recruited by Zordon and given "Zeo Shards", you recruit heroes and villains throughout the series' 25 years and battle others to stop Rita's threat.
The game takes characters from the 25 years of Power Rangers live-action series, along with the 2017 reboot movie the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (Boom! Studios) series, and Power Rangers Hyper Force though it remains to be seen if others will get involved as well.
In July 2018, it was revealed that a tie-in short film would be released towards the end of 2018 for the game, telling the story of how Bison and co (of Street Fighter fame) got into the Morphing Grid in the first place, and is being produced by Bat in the Sun alongside veteran Power Rangers actor Jason David Frank. The short will see JDF join the BitS cast along with other PR alumni, and feature the unveiling of the Crimson Hawk Ryu Ranger, Ryu's ranger form. Trailer here.
Rangers, Allies, and Villains
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Jason Lee Scott (Mighty Morphin' Red Ranger, Red Ranger in Dragon Shield), Billy Cranston (Mighty Morphin' Blue Ranger), Zack Taylor (Mighty Morphin' Black Ranger, Black Ranger in Dragon Shield), Trini Kwan (Mighty Morphin' Yellow Ranger), Kimberly Hart (Mighty Morphin' Pink Ranger), Tommy Oliver (Mighty Morphin' Green Ranger, Green Ranger v.2, Mighty Morphin' White Ranger), Ninjor, Rita Repulsa, Goldar, Lord Zedd, Rito Revolto
- Power Rangers Zeo: Kat Hillard (Zeo Ranger I - Pink), Jason Lee Scott (Gold Zeo Ranger)
- Power Rangers Turbo: Cassie Chan (Pink Turbo Ranger), Phantom Ranger
- Power Rangers in Space: Andros (Red Space Ranger), TJ Johnson (Blue Space Ranger), Zhane (Silver Space Ranger), Ecliptor, Psycho Red
- Power Rangers Lost Galaxy: Kendrix Morgan (Pink Galaxy), Mike Corbett (Magna Defender), Trakeena
- Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue: Ryan Mitchell (Titanium Ranger)
- Power Rangers Time Force: Wes Collins (Red Time Force Ranger), Jen Scotts (Pink Time Force Ranger)
- Power Rangers Wild Force: Danny Delgado (Black Bison Wild Force Ranger), Zen-Aku
- Power Rangers Ninja Storm: Blake Bradley (Navy Thunder Ranger)
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder: Dr. Oliver (Black Dino Thunder Ranger), Trent Fernandez-Mercer (White Dino Thunder Ranger), Mesogog
- Power Rangers S.P.D.: Anubis "Doggie" Cruger (SPD Shadow Ranger), Kat Manx (SPD Kat Ranger)
- Power Rangers Mystic Force: Udonna (White Mystic Ranger), Leanbow (Kragg the Knight Wolf, Wolf Warrior)
- Power Rangers Jungle Fury: Robert "RJ" James (Jungle Fury Wolf Ranger), Dai Shi
- Power Rangers RPM: Ziggy Grover (Ranger Operator Series Green), Gemma (Ranger Operator Series Silver)
- Power Rangers Samurai: Antonio Garcia (Gold Samurai Ranger), Lauren Shiba (Red Samurai Ranger), Master Xandred
- Power Rangers Megaforce: Robo Knight, Gia Moran (Super Megaforce Yellow)
- Power Rangers Dino Charge: Koda (Blue Dino Charge Ranger), Kendall Morgan (Purple Dino Charge Ranger), Snide
- Power Rangers Ninja Steel: Preston Tien (Ninja Steel Blue)
- Power Rangers: Beast Morphers: Devon Daniels (Beast Morphers Red Ranger)
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (Boom! Studios): Kimberly Hart (Ranger Slayer), Lord Drakkon, Black Dragon, Heckyl (Talon Dino Charge Ranger)
- Power Rangers (2017): Jason Scott (Red Ranger), Zack Taylor (Black Ranger), Billy Cranston (Blue Ranger), Trini (Yellow Ranger), Kimberly Hart (Pink Ranger), Alpha 5, Rita Repulsa, Putty
- Power Rangers Hyperforce: Jack Thomas (Yellow HyperForce Ranger)
- Street Fighter V: Ryu (as Coinless and as Ryu Ranger), Chun-Li, Guile, Cammy, Akuma, M. Bison
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Dino Megazord, Thunder Megazord, Mega Goldar, Dragozord
- Power Rangers Wild Force: Predazord
- Power Rangers SPD: Delta Squad Megazord
- Power Rangers Samurai: Samurai Megazord
- Boom! Studios Comics: Black Dragon
- Ambidextrous Sprite: Characters fighting from the right side of the screen are flipped horizontally. It's most noticable with characters that have asymmetrical suits such as Danny and Kendall.
- Excuse Plot: The story of Rita diving into the Morphing Grid is this, basically giving you a reason as to why you're in a PVP-match with other characters.
- Composite Character: Ryu Ranger. It's Ryu, of Street Fighter, with Power Ranger powers!
- Guest Fighter: Street Fighter characters Ryu, Akuma, M. Bison, Cammy, Guile, and Chun-Li appear as playable characters in their Street Fighter V incarnations starting with the May 16, 2018 update.
- Humongous Mecha: An update halfway through year one added in Megazord battles. Players start out with the classic Megazord and can obtain the Thunder Megazord, Mega Goldar (Goldar's giant form), the Predazord, Black Dragon and the Samurai Megazord.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: There are plenty of Power Rangers and villains to play with, with the Mighty Morphin three seasons with the most to play with. As of March 2018 and the end of the first year celebration, there are characters or mecha from the first three seasons of Mighty Morphin', The BOOM! Studios comic, Zeo, Turbo, In Space, Lost Galaxy, Time Force, Wild Force, Dino Thunder, Mystic Force, Super Samurai, Super Megaforce, Dino Charge, Super Dino Charge, Ninja Steel, the 2017 reboot movie, and Street Fighter.
- Limit Break: Street Fighter characters have a "Super Mode" ability that becomes available after filling a meter and allows them to use EX versions of their attacks.
- Me's a Crowd: Plenty of it, with the classic and movie versions of the original five Rangers and Rita along with five versions of Tommy Oliver (Green, Green V2, Lord Drakkon, White and Black Dino Thunder)
- One Steve Limit: Averted - players can have both leader and assist versions of the same character on the team. This goes double for the classic and movie versions.
- Tactical RockPaperScissors: Players have three types of attacks - Strike, Smash and Block. Strike, signified in yellow, are speedy attacks that break through slower Smash attacks and are stopped by Blocks. Smashes, signified in red, are strong attacks that break through Blocks and are stopped by Strikes. Blocks, signified in blue, are blocking or stun attacks that stops Strikes and can be broken through with Smashes.