SAnitY is a Professional Wrestling Power Stable in WWE performing in their SmackDown brand consisting of Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe (Axel Tischer), Nikki Cross (Nicola Glencross), and Killian Dain (Damian Mackle) (and formerly Sawyer Fulton (Jacob Southwick), who was Put on a Bus after injury and later released).
After a series of vignettes aired on episodes of NXT, it was announced that SAnitY would be making their debut in the Dusty Rhodes Classic, though no members of the stable had been revealed. They debuted in the first round of the DRC, with Alexander Wolfe and Sawyer Fulton (the former a new addition to NXT and the latter a long-time jobber, who had been teaming together for live events) defeating Tye Dillinger and Bobby Roode. After the match, the other two members revealed themselves as Eric Young, the leader of the group, and Nikki Cross, the sole female member and also the most visibly insane.
The team progressed to the second round of the DRC, but were eliminated by TM-61. In November 2016, Sawyer Fulton sustained an injury and would no longer appear as part of the team, which was addressed by Young stomping and kicking Fulton's jacket. Instead, SAnitY began an arc where they targeted Tye Dillinger, wishing to recruit him to replace Fulton. Young made his pitch to Dillinger, who rejected him and attacked Young and Wolfe until Big Damo (another recent NXT recruit) attacked Tye to save Young. Young then offered Fulton's jacket to Damo, who accepted it, and would soon be renamed Killian Dain.
Now back to their original number, SAnitY went after Dillinger, while Nikki Cross went after Asuka for the NXT Women's Championship. The group would repeatedly battle Dillinger, Roderick Strong, No Way Jose, Ruby Riot and Asuka, with Dillinger eventually defeating Young in a steel cage match, and Cross repeatedly losing to Asuka. After Dillinger went to the main roster, SAnitY would battle the Authors of Pain repeatedly for the NXT Tag Team Championships, eventually winning at TakeOver: Brooklyn 3.
SAnitY contains examples of the following tropes:
- Acrofatic: Killian Dain. Just look at him at WarGames. He even did a Van Terminator jump! He's also been seen using suicide dives to the floor through the middle rope. Keep in mind, Dain's about 320 pounds.
- Artifact Title: While the A (Alexander Wolfe), nit (Nikki Cross), and Y (Eric Young) still work, the S was for original member Sawyer Fulton.
- Ascended Extra: Alexander Wolfe was a nondescript jobber under his real name when he started, his first TV match being against Samoa Joe.
- Ax-Crazy: All of them, but especially Nikki Cross. While everybody in that stable is a bit off, she may be by far the least sane one of the group, which is really saying something. She's been seen (aside from mercilessly beating her opponents) punching, slapping and biting herself, crawling on the floor and snarling like an animal. And that was in and slightly after one five-minute match. Eric Young tried to calm her down (think about the implications of that for a second) and got an elbow to the face for his trouble.
- Badass Boast: Nikki Cross declares herself to be "The Best in the Galaxy".
- Beard of Evil: Killian Dain, Eric Young, and Alexander Wolfe proudly hold large beards and are purely insane and/or evil.
- Big Bad: Eric Young, as the leader of SAnitY.
- The Brute: Killian Dain's well over 300 pounds. Alexander Wolfe counts as well.
- Canada, Eh?: Eric Young has a Canadian flag patch on his jacket.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Even in his one appearance as a good guy, Eric Young would still acknowledge himself as a maniac.
- Carpet of Virility: Killian Dain. Well, just look at it. And there's more where that came from on the other side. He's gotten a few "shave your back!" chants.
- Cute and Psycho: Nikki, who can be found smiling like a kid in a candy shop at the violence brought on by her stablemates, commandeering her stablemates for piggyback rides, and, during her sit-down interview, repeatedly batted away the mic and tried to do her interview by walking too close to the camera and holding the mic herself (badly).
- Dark Action Girl: Nikki Cross.
- The Dark Chick: Nikki.
- Establishing Character Moment: Killian Dain appears from offscreen and hits Rich Swann very hard, at which point you get to see how enormous he is.
- Evil Sounds Raspy: If you can imagine the voice of Randy Savage who's swallowed a Mick Foley-sized bag full of rusty thumbtacks, you'll probably have a good idea of what it sounds like when Eric Young talks. This is due to his 16 (at least) throat surgeries.
- Expy: Killian Dain debuted on NXT basically the exact same way Braun Strowman did on the main roster - as a late addition to a Power Stable where one of the original members had gone down due to an injury. The fact that he and Strowman are similar in appearance and body type just reinforces this - although, in an ironic twist, Dain bears an even closer facial resemblance to Bray Wyatt than Strowman does. He even uses a running senton like Bray. It's almost to the point that you wonder, had Dain been in NXT a couple of years earlier, whether he would have been the one pegged to take the open spot in The Wyatt Family as opposed to Strowman.
- Fighting Irish: Killian Dain hails from Belfast.
- Funny Background Event: Wolfe has a habit of randomly dancing around and kicking the air like he's in a mosh pit during promos and when the stable get into the ring.
- Ironic Name: A stable called SAnitY with four members that have very obviously lost all of theirs.
- Leitmotif: Notably, when the members are working solo, they have their own nation-stereotyped song taking cues from the main stable theme "Controlled Chaos". So far Dain's theme is a Djent and Irish flute song called "Beast of Belfast", and Nikki Cross has a Dubstep song called "Glasgow Cross", which prominently features maniacal screaming and laughter.
- The Mentor: Finn Bálor had a hand in Killian Dain's training in Ireland.
- Multinational Team: SAnitY originally featured Eric Young (Canadian), Alexander Wolfe (German), Nikki Cross (Scottish), and Sawyer Fulton (American). After a few weeks, Fulton was removed from the group due to a real life injury. He was replaced by Killian Dain (Irish).
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Dain. A 320+ pound angry Fighting Irish whose name is Killian. Noooooooo thanks.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Nikki Cross is only 5'1", but she's very solidly built and she hits hard.
- Psychopathic Manchild: Nikki Cross often switches between girlish playfulness and batshit crazy at the drop of a hat.
- Sanity Slippage: When she made her initial debut, Nikki Cross was perfectly normal. When she reappeared with SAnitY, the commentators were stunned by the change in her personality.
- The Smurfette Principle: Nikki Cross.
- Sudden Sequel Heel Syndrome:
- Nikki Cross's first television match was as a cheerful face teaming with Carmella and Liv Morgan. The next time she appears, she was the most unhinged and violent member of SAnitY with no clue as to what happened to cause the shift.
- Eric Young was a face by attrition in his only NXT appearance prior to leading SAnitY, making a surprise challenge to the vicious and arrogant NXT Champion Samoa Joe.
- Swallow the Key: Killian Dain ate the key at WarGames after Alexander Wolfe brought various weapons and plunder inside the cage.
- Violent Glaswegian: Nikki Cross was born in Glasgow and proves to be extremely aggressive in taking the fight to her opponents.
- Wild Card: Started by harassing Roderick Strong, who for most of his time in NXT has been about as white-meat as a babyface gets. Have since moved on to feuding with brutal heel tag team The Authors of Pain, and now seem to have set their sights on screwing up…whatever Adam Cole and the Undisputed Era were planning on doing. This wouldn't be notable except for the fact that they never seemed to have a pivotal moment that made them faces. Hell, Eric Young completely disappeared for a while and the group was 'together' but not really — and even now, Nikki Cross is often seen out doing her own thing. They either have an aim that only they know, or they don't have one at all. Honestly, either one would fit with their characters, so the details of their plan are anyone's guess.