The Undisputed Era is a Professional Wrestling Power Stable composed by Adam Cole (Austin Jenkins), Bobby Fish (Robert Anthony Fish), Kyle O'Reilly (Kyle Greenwood) and Roderick Strong (Christopher Lindsey). They are currently performing in the NXT brand of WWE.
The stable was formed in August 2017, after NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III, where Cole joined forces with the Tag Team formerly known as reDRagon (Fish and O'Reilly). Since then, the trio had a mission: to take over NXT, smashing other competitors and teams in the process. The stable was completed with the arrival of Strong, who betrayed his partner Pete Dunne in the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic in NXT TakeOver: New Orleans on WrestleMania 34 weekend in 2018.
They are 2x NXT Tag Team Champions. With the Era, Cole is also 1x NXT North American champion.
The only worthy tropes are our tropes, and that, my friends, is Undisputed!
- Aborted Arc: During their debut at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III, the team attacked newly crowned NXT Champion, Drew McIntyre, but the latter doesn't retaliate in anyway at all.
- S Anit Y, Roderick Strong (before he joined them) and the Authors of Pain in the road to NXT TakeOver: WarGames.
- In 2018, Pete Dunne, Moustache Mountain, Ricochet and the War Raiders, which eventually led to NXT TakeOver: WarGames II.
- The War Raiders in 2019, which ended with the Modern Day Vikings snatching the Tag Team titles from Strong and O'Reilly.
- The Bad Guy Wins:
- They won the first WarGames match in WWE history at NXT TakeOver: WarGames.
- Also, in NXT TakeOver: New Orleans, not only Adam Cole became the inaugural NXT North American Champion after winning a grueling ladder match, but also replaced an injured Fish to team with O'Reilly and defend their Tag Team titles with the aid of Roderick Strong's betrayal of challenging partner Pete Dunne. The latter also allowed them to both win the Dusty Rhodes Tag-Team Classic despite not being formal participants in it and turn their tag team title reign from a standard reign of Fish and O'Reilly into a Freebird reign involving all four members.
- Continuity Nod: The faction as a whole marks the reunion of various team combinations made by all four men during their time in the independent scene. These include reDRagon (Fish and O'Reilly), Future Shock (Cole and O'Reilly) and Mount Rushmore (Cole and Strong).
- Expy: Their mysterious personas, penchant for random out-of-nowhere gang beatings, and 'outsider' gimmick recall the early days of The Shield or, if you want to go back even further, the original nWo. Even more appropriate would be Bullet Club, since Adam Cole was a member.
- Fun with Acronyms: Cole, Fish, O'Reilly. CFO, the same acronym as Chief Financial Officer. Add Strong and you get CFO$, which goes further and references WWE's current music composer duo named after the original concept.
- The Gadfly: All of them are instigators, poking (occasionally literally) the teams they're facing or other wrestlers they're targeting, and they're incessant about it.
- Hijacked by Ganon: The faction's interference in the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag-Team Classic forced O'Reilly and Cole to defend their tag team championships against the tournament's finalists (Pete Dunne and Roderick Strong, and the Authors of Pain) at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans in a match also meant to determine the Classic's winner. Despite Cole forced into double duty after going through a brutal Ladder match to win the NXT North American Championship, they won when Strong betrayed Dunne. This not only allowed the group to win a tournament which they did not participate in, but, since Strong was made part of the tag team champions afterwards by using the Freebird Rule, it allowed Strong to technically become a champion by intentionally throwing a match.
- Hostile Show Takeover: Their go-to tactic. They appear out of nowhere to beat up other wrestlers and either gloat around for a bit or swiftly disappear.
- I Resemble That Remark!: Ricochet accused Cole of being a coward. Cole responded by having The Undisputed Era ambush him in a 4-on-1 attack.
- Power Stable: Initially a Power Trio, they initially seemed like they would go from Power Trio to this when pictures of them alongside Taynara Conti surfaced. Turns out Cole deceived her about something, and she later linked up with two of her countrymen in the developmental system, so that wasn't to be, but after Roderick Strong threw in his lot with them, they have become a four-man army.
- Running Gag: Strong's inability to do the stable hand sign with the other three. He eventually got the hang of it.
- Small Name, Big Ego: They refer to themselves as an era all of their own, ever since their debut.
- Take Over the World: Their goal is to usher in a new era in NXT, heralded by them.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: After they convinced Taynara Conti to attack Nikki Cross, they abandon her and back out of whatever deal they struck with her, having succeeded in their plans to further screw with Nikki's stable SAnitY.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: If by 'awesome', you mean "tailor-made for a snappy, easily memorable ring name". As you can see above, his actual birth name is 'Robert Anthony Fish.'
- Badass Beard: Bobby certainly has great facial hair.
- Commuting on a Bus: Spent a good chunk of 2018 inactive, owing to a knee injury, but still appeared with the stable in backstage segments.
- Theme Naming: Fishes, of course.
- Air Guitar: One of his most consistent character quirks is him playing air guitar on his title, sometimes even tuning it like a real guitar.
- Butt-Monkey: Often on the receiving end of hilarious yet painful moments such as hitting himself with a steel chair (it seems to be becoming a Running Gag in WarGames matches).
- Canada, Eh?: He hails from Vancouver.
- Distressed Dude: The most frequent target for other wrestlers, as the smallest member of Undisputed Era.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Stopped himself from playing Air Guitar at his entrance at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans, since Bobby Fish was out injured and was replaced by Adam Cole, who was weakened from having wrestled a ladder match for the NXT North American Championship earlier that night, meaning that their title reign was in serious trouble.
- Shout-Out: Tends to follow an axe kick with a forearm smash.