Christina Lee "Christy" Hemme (born October 28, 1980) is an American professional wrestling valet, ring announcer, and retired professional wrestler and model. She is known for her time in WWE as a WWE Diva and was the winner of the 2004 WWE Diva Search, receiving $250,000 and a one-year contract with the company.
Hemme began her WWE career as a member of the Raw roster. After a brief feud with Carmella DeCesare, the runner-up of the Diva Search, Hemme feuded with WWE Women's Champion Trish Stratus and Victoria, who were ostensibly jealous of the opportunities afforded to Hemme by the Diva Search. The feud with Stratus led to Hemme challenging for the Women's Championship at WrestleMania 21, but was unsucessful. After being traded to the SmackDown! brand in the WWE Draft, Hemme feuded with Melina, and became the valet of the 2005 incarnation of the Legion of Doom (the one with Heindereich). On November, Hemme was sent to WWE's developmental territory Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW), but on December 5, Hemme was released from her WWE contract.
Hemme signed with TNA in April 2006. As a heel, she entered into a feud with the Voodoo Kin Mafia that saw Hemme manage several tag teams to face them, but the VKM defeated all of them. Afterwards, Hemme became the girlfriend of Lance Hoyt, who in turn formed a partnership with Jimmy Rave, dubbed The Rock 'n' Rave Infection; with time, they adopted a gimmick of portraying a rock band, with Hemme as their frontwoman. After quietly leaving the team, Hemme became a face, feuding with The Beautiful People and even challenging Awesome Kong for the TNA Knockouts Championship, before announcing her retirement from in-ring competition on December 2009. She served as a ring announcer and backstage interviewer until departing from TNA in 2016.
Tropes related to Christy Hemme:
- Amazonian Beauty: She had some pretty well defined abs.
- Continuity Nod: Christy and Jonathan Coachman had some bad blood in the 2004 Diva Search, due to Christy biting him on the ass in a boxing challenge. The next year's contest had the two of them still sniping at each other.
- The Dog Bites Back: After Victoria started assaulting her, Christy showed that she had a vicious side and choked her out in a 6-person tag.
- Dreadful Musician: Was this as a member of The Rock 'n' Rave Infection. In real life however, she's quite a good singer.
- Face: Primarily played a fan favorite due to her energy and natural personality. She did play a heel initially in TNA, but it didn't last too long.
- Fiery Redhead: Though more of a Genki Girl than a hot tempered one, at least in WWE. She's actually a natural blonde but dyes it red in honour of her late mother. She did fulfill the "fiery" part at times in TNA, such as when it took three security guards to hold her back from Awesome Kong.
- Foreshadowing: An unintended example. She was booked to have a boxing match with the other Diva Search finalist, but WWE was denied for not having a license to have a boxing match, so instead they were given ridiculous gloves and told to "beat" on Johnathan Coachman. WWE would later have a real boxing match on the "Million Dollar" Tough Enough between The Miz and Daniel Puder.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Suffered a neck injury in 2009 while training that ended her wrestling career and now does mostly interviews and ring introductions.
- Genki Girl: Trish Stratus told her that with her $250,000 contract she could buy herself some decaf. Christy responded "it's all natural". Even as an announcer, she is very bubbly and energetic.
- Good Bad Girl: A straight-up Ms. Fanservice who was more often the face. She even had to put up with Slut-Shaming from Trish Stratus over simply posing for Playboy. As noted below, she was very much Beware the Nice Ones.
- Good Is Not Soft: Christy was often extremely nice and friendly to the other babyfaces, and was one of the few people to treat Eugene kindly. But if she was provoked, she could get extremely violent and aggressive.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Particularly in TNA, her gear would evoke black leather.
- Kick Chick: She used her legs a lot in matches, her finisher even being a split leg drop from the top rope.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: She's the mother of five children, with four of them being quadruplets.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's even posed for Playboy magazine.
- Odd Friendship: With Eugene briefly on Raw in 2005, but she was traded to Smackdown soon after.
- Shameful Strip: Subverted. On her first night as a Diva, Trish Stratus decided to put her into a three-on-one handicap Bra & Panties match - where Molly Holly and Jazz stripped her. Initially embarrassed, Christy turned it around and declared she was fully comfortable appearing in her underwear in front of the crowd.
- Signature Move: A sunset flip in the corner. Also a inverted facelock neckbreaker slam called Reverse Twist of Fate (it was supposed to be inspired by Lita's Twist of Fate and was called a finishing move but really was not.)
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: In their feud during the build-up to Wrestlemania 21, Christy Hemme was the girly girl to Trish Stratus's tomboy. Trish had become an accomplished and prideful multi-time women's champion by this stage in her career, while Christy was a playboy model who wore fancy dresses and bikinis and engaged in pillow fights. Their whole feud was based on Trish's perception that Christy wasn't a worthy competitor for her championship, as she considered herself a legit women's wrestler whereas Christy was just a diva.
- Took a Level in Badass: When she first faced Awesome Kong, it was a squash and she had to be carried out of the ring. A year of training later she not only fought back against her but actually pinned her in a tag match!
- The Worf Effect: To set up Victoria and Melina as viable threats to other wrestlers as well as to show off a move Ashley Massaro knew. Christy was not much of a wrestler in or out of kayfabe but she did not lose quite enough to be an out and out jobber.