Every villain worth their salting-the-Earth has to have style. Not just because Evil Is Cool, but because otherwise, those idiot heroes wouldn't be able to tell us apart from the horde of clowns and hangers-on that follow them everywhere.
Below are some suggestions to make your Jumping Off the Slippery Slope more visually obvious to those pathetic heroes.
A Super-Trope to:
- Death Glare: Stop passers-by in their tracks with only a look? Sign me up!
- Evil Is Angular: You'll be hard pressed to find an evil makeover not played wholly for fanservice which doesn't up the literal edginess of their former design
- Evil Costume Switch: An absolute must, the only reason not to do this is if you're The Mole (but a successfully completed assignment means you can ditch those hero duds).
- Evil Makes You Monstrous: When you stop being human thanks to your extreme evil.
- Evil Makes You Ugly: Sadly Evil Is Sexy isn't always the case.
- Excessive Evil Eyeshadow: Excess? What's that?
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Well, it beats using a night-light.
- Good Hair, Evil Hair: Nothing says "Destroyer of Souls" like a fu-manchu mustache.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: An evil scar goes a long way to striking fear into the hearts of do-gooders.
- Mark of the Beast: Tats are hardcore, yo.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Consider using one of the below names, works better if it's actually on your birth certificate (though after burning your orphanage-home, who's going to know?).
- One-Winged Angel: A bit of a radical departure, pretty much voids going to name-brand stores.
- Paint It Black: Although if you're lazy, you can let your empathic gear do the switch by itself.
- Red Right Hand: Sometimes the forces of good need it spelled out for them in bright neon letters. Make sure to kill two orphans with one stone and make your Red Right Hand a source of power.
- Voice of the Legion: If you want to be heard as well as seen, using the Voice of The Legion gives a wonderful, earthquake-like quality to your voice.