Nidia Lynnette Guenard (born March 12, 1979) is a former Professional Wrestler, valet and Diva for WWE from 2001-2004. She and Maven were the co-winners of the first season of WWE Tough Enough. She was assigned to the developmental promotion Ohio Valley Wrestling where she feuded with Victoria. She arrived on WWE SmackDown on June 6, 2002 where she confronted The Hurricane, her ex-boyfriend, setting up an attack by Jamie Noble. She was switched to WWE Raw in 2004 and stayed there until she was released in November. She also wrestled for IWA Puerto Rico, Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, World Series Wrestling, Heartland Wrestling Association, Toryumon Mexico, and called it a career after losing a match to Miss Jackie (Gayda) at NWE (Nu-Wrestling Evolution in Italy) Destiny #5, December 17, 2005 (taped November 26th). She then retired to become a chef. Pro Wrestling Illustrated ranked her #3 for "Rookie of the Year" for 2002, behind Maven and Christopher Nowinski, and ahead of Taylor Matheny.
As usual you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
"These tropes are Tough Enough":
- Action Girl: Though she was the only woman wrestler on Raw who was not a former champion, besides perhaps Stacy, who did not actually consider herself a wrestler.
- Arch-Enemy: Torrie Wilson comes closest. They had Catfights and other encounters over Nidia's time on SmackDown.
- Bigger Is Better: She thought she'd get a bigger push once her breasts were larger. Unfortunately, not really.
- Cheap Pop: An infamous one incident in Toryumon Mexico where Nidia stripped off her shirt after beating up Gail Kim, then trampled and spat on it before tossing it into the audience. Several spectators tried to catch it anyway.
- Chef of Iron: The good cook who happens to be a wrestler variety.
- Combat Pragmatist: All the time, even as a Face she'd cheat right back if the opponent resorted to it and sometimes even preemptively.
- Deep South: Her gimmick anyway.
- Finishing Move: DDT
- Green-Eyed Monster: First when Torrie Wilson was chosen to pose in Playboy over her and she wasn't even allowed in the mansion to see Hugh Hefner by his security. Then when Jamie Noble won the lottery and tried to pay Torrie to sleep with him.
- Hand-or-Object Underwear: During her Divas Undressed shoot. Because of Al Snow's Papa Wolf attitude toward her and Maven, she said it was uncomfortable for "dad" to be there while she was topless.
- Jobber: There was never a year where she won more than she lost.
- Kayfabe: Appeared on a special WWE Tough Enough episode of the Reality Show Blind Date in October 2002 and stayed completely in character the whole time, going on about her storyline then-boyfriend Jamie Noble to the annoyance of her date.
- Ms. Fanservice: She was a WWE Diva, it's part of the job. The March 22, 2004 Raw featured the Draft Lottery, where she was switched from SmackDown! to Raw. She celebrated by removing her SmackDown! shirt, so she was momentarily on stage in her bra, and putting on a Raw shirt instead.
- Continuity Nod: As she walked away, Paul Heyman said, "Good luck on Raw, Nidia. I hope you go blind again."
- Lingerie Scene: Divas Undressed (the source of the picture above), Bra and panties matches
- Pretty in Mink: After Noble went from Rags to Riches.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: On the August 22, 2002 SmackDown, Shoichi Funaki, in his "SmackDown's #1 Announcer" role, snuck into the Divas' locker room and encountered Nidia, who was shown topless from the back but behind some packing boxes so nothing was shown. Then WWE Women's Champion Molly Holly walked over in street clothes and with her hair in curlers to tell Funaki that he shouldn't be there. Molly called Nidia "loose," and she said that she wasn't loose, she was "open." Nidia said that after she defeated Molly for the Women's Title, she would flash her breasts to the crowd, an idea which Molly found disgusting. Nidia gave Funaki a look at her breasts. Molly retained the title by pinning Nidia with her Molly-Go-Round Finishing Move after knocking Jamie Noble off the apron. Molly then dropkicked Noble into Nidia after the match when Nidia tried to flash the crowd anyway.
- Crossed with Throwing Down the Gauntlet: Josh Matthews interviewed her on the March 6, 2003 SmackDown. In re the announcement that Nidia, Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler would all be appearing at the Girls Gone Wild: Live From Spring Break PPV, Nidia challenged Torrie to a "Body Contest" (to see who looks better naked.) Nidia then flashed her breasts to Josh, though nothing was actually shown.note
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: Various Divas photoshoots.
- Real Women Have Curves: Much like Molly Holly and Mickie James, she reportedly faced off-screen criticism about her weight.
- The Rival: Fought against Gail Kim throughout Latin America, Australia and Asia in a failed attempt to rediscover her passion for pro wrestling after WWE started ejecting women wrestlers to make room for women who lost the diva search.
- Series Continuity Error: On the August 1, 2002 SmackDown, Jamie Noble introduced Nidia to the announce team of Michael Cole and Tazz, saying that they don't mess with Tazz because he's "one of them street thug kind of fellers." The problem is that Tazz was one of Nidia's trainers on Tough Enough so she already knew what he was like.
- Spicy Latina: Subverted, when WWE paired this Texan/Puerto Rican up with Jamie Noble and billed her from a trailer in West Virginia. She showed some signs of it in occasional interview confrontations where she would briefly break into Spanish, then even moreso after she learned Noble had been taking advantage of her blind state.
- Temporary Blindness: Thanks to Tajiri, as a way for her to be temporarily taken off of TV so she could get implants. See Bigger Is Better above.
- Wrestling Family: Well, almost. Her sister was briefly in WWE's developmental promotion OVW under the name Nurse Lulu, but nothing came of it. Nidia herself was engaged to Kurt Angle's brother Eric when Eric was in OVW, but they split up for whatever reason.
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle!: Defeated Molly Holly and Victoria in a Triple Threat #1 Contender Contract on a Pole Match on the July 5, 2004 Raw. Apparently, it wasn't a Money in the Bank-type situation where she'd get to decide when she wanted to cash in her shot since, Trish Stratus, the Champion at the time and who had been on commentary during the match due to an injury, came in and KOed Nidia with the cast on her hand and pinned her in 3 seconds.