Amanda Saccomanno (born July 18, 1991) is an American professional wrestler and former fitness and figure competitor. She is signed to WWE, where she performs on the SmackDown brand under the ring name Mandy Rose.
In 2015, she was a contestant in the sixth season of the WWE competition WWE Tough Enough, ultimately placing second, and was given a WWE contract. She would make her WWE main roster debut on November 2017 alongside Sonya Deville as the new associates of Paige, with the trio's name being revealed as Absolution. In April 2018, Paige retired from in-ring competition due to neck injuries, dissolving Absolution, but Rose would continue her alliance with Deville as the two remained a tag team.
Golden Goddess's Tropes:
- Amazonian Beauty: She's a former bodybuilder and fitness model.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: By way of tanning.
- Finishing Move: Bed of Roses, a lifting double underhook facebuster.
- Identical Stranger: She bears more than a passing resemblance to Trish Stratus, particularly during Trish's early years when she was more bulky (both were fitness models before becoming wrestlers), to the point that it was referenced by WWE itself, and Trish herself didn't disagree.
- It's All About Me: She even went as far as saying during her feud with Naomi (when Rose believed that she had successfully seduced Naomi's husband, when it was actually a ruse and he had brough Naomi to attack her) that she actually didn't consider any man worthy of having her and that she was only looking after herself. Pretty much the only person she seems to care is Sonya Deville, and even they had their moments of tension.
- Kick Chick: One of her Signature Moves is a running bicycle knee.
- Lust Object: To Corey Graves. Not that Mandy has done anything to encourage it, or even seemed to know who he is, but if she's involved in a match while he's on commentary, he will spend the entire match drooling over her, leaving his fellow commentators groaning in annoyance or disgust.
- Ms. Fanservice: Even in WWE, where all women seem to be attractive by default, she really sticks out as this. It goes all the way back to Tough Enough when she was saved by judge The Miz when she was at risk of elimination with his argument being that she was "hot" (given that this is the man married to Maryse, think about the implications of that for a second), and once on the main roster her attractiveness became a part of her gimmick, even having a Lingerie Scene in a segment when she tried to seduce Naomi's husband (although there were jokes that it wasn't any different from her usual wrestling gear), and then there was her infamous attire at Money in the Bank 2019, with the very, very short shorts.
- Proud Beauty: One of the main characteristics of her gimmick is that she's very aware of her physical attractiveness, dubbing herself the "Golden Goddess" and "God's Greatest Creation", even trying to be The Vamp for Naomi's husband during the feud between the two women (he didn't bite).
- Red Baron: "The Golden Goddess", "God's Greatest Creation".
- Small Name, Big Ego: Seriously, would you expect someone who calls herself "God's Greatest Creation" to be humble?
- Spiritual Successor: Despite her resemblance to Trish Stratus, more than a few fans have called her "a better version of Eva Marie." Both women are former models who came into WWE through reality shows (Eva through Total Divas, Mandy through WWE Tough Enough). The reason why Mandy is the "better" version is because, unlike Eva, who was put on the main roster almost immediately with minimal training and subsequently became one of the most hated wrestlers in the company, she spent a year training and working NXT house shows before her TV debut, and her ring work is at least decent. The fact that she and Eva were quite friendly with each other on Total Divas, she debuted shortly after Eva was called up, Eva's last gimmick before her departure of aggresively drawing on her physical attractiveness being similar to Mandy's later gimmick, and Corey Graves' first reaction to her, only heighten the comparison.Corey Graves: I'll tell you what, at this point Mandy Rose is runner up to only one thing in my life: Eva Marie. Beyond that, that's it.
Tom Phillips: Oh no.
- The Runner-Up Takes It All: Mandy was the runner-up on the female side of the 2015 version of Tough Enough. The winner, Sara Lee, was released before she could appear on TV.
- Theme Naming: Some of her moves have rose-related names, after her ring name. Besides the Bed of Roses, one of her Signature Moves is a running bicycle knee called Kiss the Rose.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Mandy is a pretty blonde (and former fitness model) who plays the girly girl to Sonya's tomboy.