Amanda Rose Saccomanno (born July 18, 1990) is an American professional wrestler and former fitness and figure competitor. She is signed to WWE, where she performs on the NXT brand under the ring name Mandy Rose as the reigning NXT Women's Champion.
In 2015, she was a contestant in the sixth season of the WWE competition WWE Tough Enough, ultimately placing second, and was given a WWE contract. She would make her WWE main roster debut on November 2017 alongside Sonya Deville as the new associates of Paige, with the trio's name being revealed as Absolution. In April 2018, Paige retired from in-ring competition due to neck injuries, dissolving Absolution, but Rose would continue her alliance with Deville as the two remained a tag team. In late 2021, Rose moved back to NXT, forming the stable Toxic Attraction with Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne, capturing her first taste of pro wrestling gold in the NXT Women's Championship at the yearly Halloween Havoc special, while Jayne and Dolin won the tag titles for the girls, giving Toxic Attraction complete control of the women's brand.
Golden Goddess's Tropes:
- Amazonian Beauty: She's a former bodybuilder and fitness model.
- Beast and Beauty: In late 2019 and early 2020 she found herself paired in a romance story with Otis of Heavy Machinery, although it was kept ambiguous for a long time whether she actually liked him or was just stringing him along to get him to interfere on her behalf in her matches (he famously saved her from elimination in the 2020 Royal Rumble). After a story where she seemed to be playing with his heart while flirting with Dolph Ziggler, it turned out that it had actually been her partner Sonya manipulating things together with Dolph to keep her and Otis apart. At WrestleMania 36, Mandy finally made her own position clear when she stormed the ring during the deciding match between Otis and Dolph, slapped the bitch out of an interfering Sonya, and low-blowed Dolph to help Otis win, with him picking her up and the two of them kissing to celebrate the victory.
- Blasphemous Boast: Regularly dubs herself "God's Greatest Creation".
- Evil Is Petty: After Naomi eliminated her at the 2019 Royal Rumble, she got her eliminated as well out of spite.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Went brunette for her return to NXT.
- Fangirl: Mandy mentioned in an interview that she identifies with Sable, being the source of inspiration for her "Golden Goddess" gimmick.
- Finishing Move: Initially used Bed of Roses, a lifting double underhook facebuster. As of late 2020 she changed it to Kiss the Rose, a bicycle running knee she had previosly used as a Signature Move.
- Gaussian Girl: Her entrance is shot in the classic Gaussian blur, fitting her alluring gimmick.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: As both a heel and a face.
- Identical Stranger: She bears more than a passing resemblance to Trish Stratus, particularly during Trish's early years when she was more bulky (both were fitness models before becoming wrestlers), to the point that it was referenced by WWE itself, and Trish herself didn't disagree.
- It's All About Me: When Sonya Deville questioned her on seducing Jimmy Uso during her feud with Naomi, Mandy stated that it was all a ploy to ruin Naomi's life out of spite, even going as far as saying that she actually didn't consider any man worthy of having her and that she was only looking after herself. (Fittingly, Jimmy falling for it was also a ruse as he had brought Naomi to attack her.) Pretty much the only person she seemed to care about for a long time was Sonya Deville, and even they had their moments of tension. Eventually she mellowed out and turned face through her romance arc with Otis Dozovic, though this resulted in her and Sonya falling out as Sonya psychotically tried to ruin her life out of spite, feeling as though Mandy had manipulated her for years only to leave her high and dry.
- Kick Chick: One of her Signature Moves (which later transitioned into full-on Signature Move) is a running bicycle knee.
- Lust Object:
- To Corey Graves. Not that Mandy has done anything to encourage it, or even seemed to know who he is, but if she's involved in a match while he's on commentary, he will spend the entire match drooling over her, leaving his fellow commentators groaning in annoyance or disgust.
- To Wade Barrett on NXT 2.0, who, similar to Graves, is mesmerized by Mandy and her cohorts in Toxic Attraction much to the chagrin of play-by-play guy Vic Joseph, but is much more gentlemanly and far less obnoxiously loud. In this case, though, Toxic have occasionally humored the idea of noticing him.
- Modesty Towel: She showed up in one Smackdown wearing only a towel and fluffy slippers in an attempt to distract Jimmy Uso during a match. A backstage segment after showed she was in her gear beneath the towel the whole time.
- Ms. Fanservice: Even in WWE, where all women seem to be attractive by default, she really sticks out as this. It goes all the way back to Tough Enough when she was saved by judge The Miz when she was at risk of elimination with his argument being that she was "hot" (given that this is the man married to Maryse, think about the implications of that for a second), and once on the main roster her attractiveness became a part of her gimmick, even having a Lingerie Scene in a segment when she tried to seduce Naomi's husband (although there were jokes that it wasn't any different from her usual wrestling gear). She also tends to ramp up the sexiness of her attire for pay-per-views, such as her infamous attire at Money in the Bank 2019, with the very, very short shorts; and in Royal Rumble 2020, her outfit was basically a golden swimsuit with a navel window, and then there's the camera focus on her figure in her NXT 2.0 entrance from the bottom (mainly with her NXT Women's Championship in her waist) to the top.
- Power Stable: Toxic Attraction in NXT with Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne.
- Proud Beauty: One of the main characteristics of her gimmick is that she's very aware of her physical attractiveness, dubbing herself the "Golden Goddess" and "God's Greatest Creation", even trying to be The Vamp for Naomi's husband during the feud between the two women (he didn't bite).
- Red Baron: "The Golden Goddess" and "God's Greatest Creation" — the latter being modified in jest after she got a shoulder-length haircut to "God's Greatest Soccer Mom". Her brunette makeover as the leader of Toxic Attraction has her being called "The Beast Behind the Beauty".
- Sexophone: Her former entrance music Golden Goddess contains this.
- Shout-Out: The skit she had with Otis on an episode of WWE SmackDown in 2020 is one for the Fast Times at Ridgemont High Pool Scene. It features her in the iconic red bikini, but it's actually Otis who gets the slow-motion Sexy Surfacing Shot while Mandy is Eating the Eye Candy.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Seriously, would you expect someone who calls herself "God's Greatest Creation" to be humble?
- Spiritual Successor:
- Despite her resemblance to Trish Stratus, more than a few fans have called her "a better version of Eva Marie." Both women are former models who came into WWE through reality shows (Eva through Total Divas, Mandy through WWE Tough Enough). The reason why Mandy is the "better" version is because, unlike Eva, who was put on the main roster almost immediately with minimal training and subsequently became one of the most hated wrestlers in the company, she spent a year training and working NXT house shows before her TV debut, and her ring work is at least decent. The fact that she and Eva were quite friendly with each other on Total Divas, she debuted shortly after Eva was called up, Eva's last gimmick before her departure of aggressively drawing on her physical attractiveness being similar to Mandy's later gimmick, and Corey Graves' first reaction to her, only heighten the comparison.Corey Graves: I'll tell you what, at this point Mandy Rose is runner up to only one thing in my life: Eva Marie. Beyond that, that's it.
Tom Phillips: Oh no.
- She could be considered one to Summer Rae, given her long blonde hair and frequent use of gold ring gear. She uses lots of kicks, and one of Summer's signature moves was a spinning heel kick. What's more is that Paige introduced Mandy to the main roster, and Summer had been one of Paige's closest friends behind the scenes.
- Despite her resemblance to Trish Stratus, more than a few fans have called her "a better version of Eva Marie." Both women are former models who came into WWE through reality shows (Eva through Total Divas, Mandy through WWE Tough Enough). The reason why Mandy is the "better" version is because, unlike Eva, who was put on the main roster almost immediately with minimal training and subsequently became one of the most hated wrestlers in the company, she spent a year training and working NXT house shows before her TV debut, and her ring work is at least decent. The fact that she and Eva were quite friendly with each other on Total Divas, she debuted shortly after Eva was called up, Eva's last gimmick before her departure of aggressively drawing on her physical attractiveness being similar to Mandy's later gimmick, and Corey Graves' first reaction to her, only heighten the comparison.
- The Runner-Up Takes It All: Mandy was the runner-up on the female side of the 2015 version of Tough Enough. The winner, Sara Lee, was released before she could appear on TV.
- Theme Naming: Her moves have rose-related names, after her ring name, such as the Bed of Roses and the Kiss the Rose.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Mandy is a pretty blonde (and former fitness model) who plays the girly girl to Sonya's tomboy.
- Took a Level in Badass: As of both her HeelFace Turn against her former Fire and Desire partner Sonya Deville and her subsequent FaceHeel Turn since returning to NXT, the latter which actually made her win the NXT Women's Championship.
- Town Girls: In Absolution's original form, she was the femme to Sonya's butch and Paige's neither.
- Traumatic Haircut: She was the victim of one from Sonya Deville, who cut her hair up to shoulder length in an attempt to attack her beauty. She however defied the trauma behind this trope, using it for an Adrenaline Makeover and challenging Sonya to a hair vs hair match. The match, however, was changed to a Loser Leaves WWE match.
- Two First Names: Rose is her middle name, and Mandy is a shortened version of her first name Amanda.
- We Used to Be Friends: With Sonya Deville, after she was revealed she was working for Ziggler.