These are the characters from Blood Lad
Staz Charlie Blood
The main protagonist of the series. He is one of the territory bosses of East Demon World. He is the descendant of a noble vampire who would go to the human world to suck blood, but unlike his honored ancestor, Staz shows no interest in this. He is an otaku obsessed with goods from the Human World, especially Japanese games, anime, and manga. Other characters view Staz as a lazy moron who does nothing and has too much free time, but acknowledge his strength and the danger their territory would be in if he were to give up his position. When he sees Fuyumi, he falls in love/bloodlust at first sight and wishes to spend more time with her and to protect her. But just as he gets to know her, she is eaten by a carnivorous plant and becomes a ghost which causes him to lose his initial attraction to her as he is only interested in humans. However, he then makes it his life goal to bring her back to life. In order to bring her back to life, he will do anything; even becoming her vampire bodyguard.
- Accidental Pervert: To either Fuymi or Bell. Usually involving getting one or both of them underclothed without intending to do so.
- Adorkable: Especially when it comes to anime and manga.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: He pats Fuyumi on the head in chapter 64. She finds it uncomfortable and weird.
- Anti-Hero: He doesn't accept the title of hero in the beginning.
- An Arm and a Leg: Burgundy rips off his arm while he was protecting Wolf from her.
- Berserk Button: Don't mess with the Kamehameha!
- Big Brother Instinct: Shows one to his little sister.
- Character Development: Gets a huge dose in chapter 63.
- Declaration of Protection: Declares one of these to Fuyumi.
- Determinator: Once he begins getting serious about protecting Fuyumi he quickly develops into one of these.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette. As you can tell by his page image. Makes sense considering he's a vampire.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: He thinks the "bloodsucking wannabe noblemen" vampire image is dumb, and doesn't see why he should go terrorizing humans when they make awesome things like anime and video games.
- Genre Savvy: He has enough sense to realize many of the manga tropes regarding feminine undergarments are fantasy, and whenever he gets his hands on Bell's undergarments, it's Bell using them as a Red Herring to distract him from something else.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: A lot of things can piss him off easily, especially in regards to his older brother.
- The Hero: Aims to be this.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Courtesy of his brother's attempts to "awaken his powers".
- Humans Are Special: Believes this. He has a love of human entertainment and has stated that Demons would be curb stomped by human technology and numbers.
- Idiot Hero: Most of the time, people who antagonize him tend to lead him around by the nose, especially Braz, his big brother.
- Innocently Insensitive: He is very offensive, especially to Fuyumi, but truly doesn't have any malice or understand what he's doing wrong.
- It's All My Fault: He blames himself for Fuyumi's problems.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He is incredibly abrasive, but generally means well and truly doesn't have any malice.
- Kamehame Hadoken: During his first fight after getting his full powers back, Stanz attempts to pull off a Kamehameha in imitation of his hero Goku.
- Large Ham: Have moments of this, particularly when he gets passionate about anime and manga.
- Long-Range Fighter: This, rather than close range combat, is his specialty. Though as the series progresses, he also learns to fight at close range better, especially after being trained by White Step.
- Love at First Sight: Towards Fuyumi.
- Mega Manning: He tries copying the Kamehameha but it fails.
- Missing Mom: Courtesy of Herrschaft Grimm ten years earlier.
- My Fist Forgives You: He finally gets a chance to avenge himself on his elder brother, Braz, but stopped with one punch.
- One-Hit Kill: Through the technique in which he attacks an enemy's heart.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: If he's recommending caution, that means Shit just got real.
- Power Limiter: The bullet Braz placed in his heart suppressed Stazs full power. Braz did this because as a child Stazs body couldnt handle his immense power. When the bullet is removed, Staz's power immediately grows exponentially, demonstrated when he destroys the Zombie Brothers (who had been previously wiping the floor with him) in the blink of an eye.
- The Runaway: He ran away from home after he got fed up with his brother's abuse.
- Smart Ball: He does occasionally show flashes of great intellect. It seldom lasts.
- Stay in the Kitchen: To Fuyumi, near constantly. It's more than justified in that Fuyumi is far weaker than he is, and is often targeted by antagonists who seek to use her against him, or simply harm her directly, and there's that little incident with the carnivorous plant at the beginning.
- Thanks for the Mammary: In Chapter 52 he grabs Fuyumi's chest while shielding her from Burgundy (who wants her breasts for herself). He's still clutching her chest when they're safely back in Knell's grid room, with Fuyumi being too embarrassed to say anything.
- Took a Level in Kindness: He begins treating Fuyumi more kindly starting after the Hydra arc, and he's sincere about it. Unfortunately, Fuyumi just grows more confused, suspicious and resentful as a result.
- Unskilled, but Strong: He doesn't exactly have style or technique, except when he tries to copy something from manga or anime, and even then, fails at that, so he often prefers to just steamroll every opponent in his way.
- The Unsmile: Fuyumi finds his smiles creepy.
The human girl who becomes lost in the Demon World after wandering into a portal that suddenly opened up in her bedroom. She becomes a ghost after being eaten alive by a carnivorous plant, leaving behind only her bones and clothes. She wishes to be resurrected and become human again, and accompanies Staz on his quest to bring her back to life.
- Butt-Monkey: Nothing ever goes right for her, not for very long at any rate.
- Character Development : Since the beginning of the training arc with White Step, she's slowly started to stand up for what she believes (she punched Staz when he talked poorly to Bell, forced him to drink water when he was pushing himself too hard and toyed with him during the team race).
- Cool Big Sis: Towards Liz.
- Cute Ghost Girl: Becomes a ghost not too long after entering the demon world and she's definitely on the cute side.
- Dandere: She's shy and mostly quiet, but since she met Staz, she has started to show more emotions and express her opinion. Staz even requested her to do that because he couldn't know what she was thinking, and wished to know more sides of her personality.
- Death by Origin Story: Fuyumi gets eaten by a plant monster at the beginning of the story, reincarnating as a ghost who was eventually given new flesh but also a constant helping of Staz's blood to keep herself tangible.
- Eaten Alive: Gets eaten by a man eaten plant off-panel.
- Forgotten First Meeting: She and Bell met when they were both around 2 years old.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Sports a pair of big blue eyes and she's easily one of the most innocent characters in the series.
- More Than Meets the Eye : When she arrived in the Demon World from her room, she had nothing on her (no money, no cell phone) except her school uniform and her shoes (which she should have left at the entrance of her house in Japan, not wearing them in her room). She may have known the Black Curtain was a dimensional gateway.
- Ms. Fanservice: Fuyumi has a tendency to end up in rather fanservice heavy costumes, the school swimsuit bunny ring girl outfit being a standout example.
- Missing Mom: Her mother was merged with Bell's mother 14 years earlier.
- Nice Girl: Very supportive and friendly to everyone, even Staz.
- Not What It Looks Like: In chapter 49, she gets a powerful blood-craving and desperately begs for Staz's blood, but the way she asks, and Staz's response, especially the desire to do the ritual in his bedroom than the bathroom sounds suggestive, too late Fuymi notices Bell looking on through either a window or a portal.
- Took a Level in Badass: A massive one in Volume 16, where she becomes instrumental in the defeat and downfall of Herrschaft Grimm.
- Downplayed since it's Staz who is actually in control of her body and uses her physical and magical specificities, while Fuyumi's mind is just sitting inside her head. She briefly retakes control to tell Grimm she isn't alone fighting him.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: It seems she's been around Staz's Innocently Insensitive Jerk with a Heart of Gold personality too long by chapter 63. She begins to snark, demean and outright bemoan him while they're undergoing Bell's "food gathering" race.
- Trapped in Another World: After becoming a ghost Fuyumi isnt powerful enough to survive in the Human World for more than a few hours before disappearing so she must stay in the Demon World until she is resurrected.
- Weak, but Skilled : Fuyumi used the moment Knell reopened a way between dimensions to send a distress call with Bell's bell. Then, she shot Land of Team Fearless (the big mummy guy) while she was inprisoned in his body, showing her position to Staz (and possibly saving him).
Bell is a treasure hunter who can travel through dimensions using frames. She is a high level user of spatial and teleportation magic and the owner of the Black Curtain that brought Fuyumi to the Demon World. She uses these powers to hunt for treasure in both the Demon and Human worlds. She wants to catch the magic thief who stole her Black Curtain and make him her husband. At first, she thought Staz was the magic thief, but after several investigations, it is known that the magic thief is dead. She starts to fall in love with Staz after Staz fulfills her wish to see his true power (unintentionally).
- Abusive Parents: Her parents' idea of "grounding" her was using spatial magic to dump her in the center of a lake, deep underground, where she couldn't use her powers so she'd have to swim to shore, near an old abandoned lab of some kind.
- Best Her to Bed Her: Bell wants to find the guy who stole her magic so she can make him her "lover boy".
- Child Prodigy: Bell has been able to create a Black Curtain between the Human and Demon Worlds (something only high level demons are capable of) since the age of about 2.
- Cool Gate: Bell can create Black Curtains between any two places, not just between earth and Hell. Papladon Akimu can also create these with his magic rings. Later it is revealed that Bell's brother Knell and father can also do this.
- Dimensional Traveler
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Constantly. The most frequent victim of her violence is her brother, Knell.
- Goggles Do Nothing: She's usually wearing goggles on her head, but never actually does anything with them.
- Groin Attack: Does this on her younger brother Knell.
- Hopeless Suitor: Bell has very strong feelings for Staz but he only has eyes for Fuyumi.
- In Love with Your Carnage: After Staz unlocks his power, she realizes that she finds Staz incredibly attractive because of his strength.
- Forgotten First Meeting: Fuyumi and Bell actually met when they were kids at the time their moms fused into one. Flashbacks show they even played together for a while.
- Long-Lost Relative: She's, in a sense, Fuyumi's sister since their mothers were doppelgängers who merged together.
- Loving a Shadow : In chapter 61, Katy (Wolf's mother) makes Bell realize that the only reason Bell is attracted to Staz is because of his determination to help Fuyumi. Without her, Staz would still be a lazy otaku whom Bell would have never looked at.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's right up there with Fuyumi as far as wearing fan-service heavy outfits.
- Not So Different : With Staz. She makes fun of his love for manga and anime and his view of life through them. Yet Bell likes doing things you can see in teen drama TV series, like changing costumes, making big entrances or ensuring that Fuyumi confesses her feelings for Staz even though it's not her role, and it's not certain Fuyumi is even in love with Staz.
- Not What It Looks Like: Almost immediately after her Freak Out! regarding Fuyumi's Not What It Looks Like moment, she gets into her own with Wolf. Staz doesn't even flinch and just turns away.
- Ship Tease: Frequently with Wolf, though neither of them wants to admit it.
- Teleportation: Bell Hydra travels through dimensions using frames; giving her powerful access to spatial and teleportation magic.
- Training from Hell: Takes over on delivering this to Staz and Wolf from White Step. She makes it even harder and more dangerous than White Step outlined for her own amusement.
He is the hybrid werewolf (the English manga uses lycanthrope in place of werewolf) who controls most of West Demon World. He is Staz's friend and rival, having known each other since Staz ran away from Acropolis. He seems to be attracted to Fuyumi when he first sees her, but is very shy about it. He is of noble blood and was supposed to live in Acropolis, but admitted that he was abandoned because he is not a pure-blooded werewolf. According to himself, he is "a mongrel".
- Abusive Parents: His father abandoned him, left him on his own for years, and then orders him to bring his mother, who lives in the human world, to him, in a matter of a few days, without explanation. His mother's no prize either.
- Badass Baritone: Ben Diskin give this character a relatively deep voice.
- Blood Knight: Has no interest in money or power even though he controls most of West Demon World at the beginning of the series. Wolf only wants to fight strong opponents, which is why he constantly wants to fight Staz even though the latter is stronger.
- Close-Range Combatant: Is this, in contrast to Staz. Though devastating in close quarters combat, Wolf has difficulties against opponents who are either able to stay out of his range or hold out for three minutes against him (the maximum time that Wolf can maintain his transformation). Until he receives training from his mother, that is.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: He hates it when Staz holds back in their fights, even though both of them acknowledge that Staz going all out would likely kill him.
- Family Eye Resemblance: Has his mother's eyes, and most of her personality.
- A Father to His Men: He reveals that he learned to cook so he could provide "good" meals to his gang.
- Friendly Rival: To Staz.
- Hidden Depths: One would never know it by looking, but he's a great chef. For a mere 2000 yen (approx $20 US) he makes a meal fit for three with ease.
- Missing Mom: His mother Katy is later revealed to be living in Japan, where she works as an English teacher.
- Non-Human Humanoid Hybrid: Wolfs father is a noble werewolf (and the reigning King of the Demon World) and, if the Theme Naming of the series holds true, his mother is some sort of Cat Demon.
- Parental Abandonment: While we dont know the exact details, Wolf has been out on his own ever since he was a child.
- Ship Tease: Frequently with Bell, though neither of them really notices.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: While Staz and he quarrel near constantly, they are very close friends.
Braz D. Blood
Staz's older brother. He is the one who wrote the book of resurrection that Staz and the others believe can bring Fuyumi back to life. When they were younger, he conducted experiments on Staz to unlock his true potential.
- Aloof Big Brother: He isn't exactly the best older brother you could have. Liz has been trying to gain his attention for years without any sign of success. On the other hand, Staz ran away from home because Braz's "attention" was too much for him.
- Ambiguously Evil: His motivations are unclear and it's really hard to tell if he does care about Staz in some way or is really trying to get rid of him.
- Big Brother Bully: To seriously abusive levels. He performs horrifically abusive experiments of Staz, and almost completely ignores Liz.
- Blood Magic: Brazs magic is able to control his blood from any distance, allowing him to do things such as send messages or create a small scythe wielding puppet.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Just like his brother.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Combined with Taking the Bullet. Surprisingly in between the end of Chapter 45 and the beginning of chapter 46. He survives but becomes Trapped in Villainy as a result.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Using Akim as a vessel to harvest Mazoku and then resurrect his father turns around and bites everyone in the ass when Akim decides to take his heart back, and reduce Braz's father to Ludicrous Gibs in the process.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: He lies to Staz after promising to resurrect Fuyumi.
- Missing Mom: Courtesy of Herrschaft Grimm ten years earlier.
- The Necromancer: Resurrected his father, Richardz to avenge himself on Wolf Daddy.
- Revenge: He's constantly scheming to destroy Wolf Daddy in return for what he thinks the latter did to his father. It would turn around and come to bite him, hard, in chapter 41.
- Start of Darkness: The death of his father and mother at the hands, both directly and indirectly, of Herrschaft Grimm made him very bitter and cruel.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Wanted to be his father's heir, not Wolf Daddy.
Liz T. Blood
Staz's little sister. She is the jailer of Acropolis and has the power to judge and imprison demons in her own personal dungeon known as Liz's Toy Box.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Her eyes are purple in the manga, and red in the anime.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: To Staz. And by "annoying" we mean that the moment they meet for the first time in years she tries to split him in two with her axe, refuses to acknowledge him as her brother and throws him in prison out of a grudge that he's still Braz's favorite sibling. She thankfully gets a lot better.
- Badass Adorable: She's disgustingly cute, yet as a noble vampire she is also extremely powerful and feared as the jailer of Demon World Acropolis. Whether she actually is that dangerous or if it's due to propaganda is unknown.
- Big Brother Worship: Shows an unhealthy amount of this towards Braz.
- Cuteness Proximity: Whatever attitude she has goes out the window whenever she sees anything remotely cute.
- Does Not Like Spam: Dislikes sour food.
- Fiery Redhead: A redhead and has a personality that's definitely on the fiery side.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Although she'd never admit it out loud.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Because of her high-ranking status, she believes that those who are kind to her are usually just trying to suck up to her and her family, so she cannot make any true friends. Her parents are dead, one of her brothers doesn't pay attention to her and the other left home long ago.
- Mask of Power: She's almost always wearing a mask, if she can help it, and she's very powerful. Whether the masks make her stronger or simply more confident is never made clear.
- Missing Mom: Courtesy of Herrschaft Grimm ten years earlier.
- Nice Girl: She genuinely is a very kind girl.
- The Nicknamer: She's often seen giving nicknames to people. Chief of Police Goyle has been called "Hedgehog" and "Chestnut Head" as an example.
- Older Than They Look: Liz looks between only 5 and 9, but she can't be younger than 10 because her parents died that year, and she seems to have some memories of them (she recognized her father in chapter 39). She must be 11 to 14 years old (about Knell's age).
- Pintsized Powerhouse: As a noble vampire, Liz is far stronger than her youth and size implies.
- The Resenter: At the beginning of the series, Liz holds a deep disdain for Staz because Braz would spend all his time on him.
- Sleep Cute: She and Fuyumi sharing the same bed at the end of chapter 19 is absolutely adorable.
- Tsundere: At least towards Staz.
- Token Mini-Moe: Youngest character of the series.
- Vader Breath: The anime gives Liz this style of breathing whenever she is wearing a mask.
- "Well Done, Daughter!" Girl: She wants to be a "good girl", so that she can be of optimum use to Braz, and hopefully win over his affection.
- Butt-Monkey: Often subjected to very unlucky moments, particularly being kicked in the groin by his older sister.
- Cool Gate: He uses a white cloth as this.
- Dimensional Traveler: Similar powers with Bell, but less powerful.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Knell was born AFTER the fusion of Nyen and her human Doppleganger, making him part human and part demon (just how much remains to be seen).
- Long-Lost Relative: He happens to be Fuyumi's younger half-brother.
- Nice Guy: Despite being ordered to kidnap Fuyumi, he happens to be a very friendly person at heart and ensures Fuyumi's safety and hospitality. His room behind his white cloth even resembles a living room.
- Running Gag: Every time he and Bell are in a scene together, he's suffering groin damage.
- Younger Than They Look: Knell looks like he's Staz and Wolf's age (he's as tall as them) but since he was born after the dopplegänger fusion 14 years ago, he must be 13 or 14.
Wolf's father and former king of Makai.
- Abusive Dad: The most benevolent thing he's done for his son is abandon him to live on his own for 10 years.
- Big Bad: For the first half of the manga.
- Gambit Roulette: He knew full well what Braz was up to, and let it happen to create a being powerful enough to stop Grimm's return. It succeeded, in the worst possible way.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: His face has several vertical scars on it.
- Hero of Another Story: Sealed up Herrshaft Grimm 10 years ago and became Makai's king.
- Light 'em Up: If he has to attack an opponent at range, he does so with giant spikes of light. Otherwise, he rips them apart with teeth, claws, and enormous brute strength.
- Lightning Bruiser: Very strong and very fast.
- Mercy Kill: Unknown to Braz, this is the truth about Ricardz's death.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: He can change from man-form to wolf-form and back again at will.
- The Worf Effect: To show just how dangerous Akim is, Wolf Daddy gets taken apart with ease, and that's after spending numerous chapters showing just how strong Wolf Daddy is.
Richardz:The father of Braz, Liz, and Staz.
- Came Back Strong: By design. Braz used Akim to round up parts of the most powerful Mazoku, and give them to his father. Unfortunately, this allowed Akim to home in on Richardz and kill him, again.
- Daddy Had a Good Reason for Abandoning You: It wasn't by choice, but he died as a result of the fight with Grimm 10 years ago.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: Part of what sealed Grimm 10 years ago was Richardz absorbing part of his power, and he begged Wolf Daddy to kill him before it corrupted him and made him mad, like Grimm.
- Ludicrous Gibs: How Akim makes him die the second time.
- Shoot the Dog: Stabs Braz and Staz with a magical knife to send them into a near-death state so they could learn the truth about Grimm, and "The Door."
- Walking Spoiler: It's difficult to mention this character without spoiling the second half of the series.
Akim Pablodon:Originally a messenger, black-ops agent for King Wolf Daddy.
- Artificial Zombie: Not only is he one, he starts making an army of them when Makai starts to fight back against him.
- Ax-Crazy: He gives The Joker a run for his money in this department.
- Big Bad: Eventually becomes one for the series as a whole.
- Cannibalism Super Power: After a fashion. He makes himself stronger by stealing and assimilating body parts of other Mazoku.
- The Corruption: He is so eager to take Grimm's powers that he fails to realize that Grimm comes with them.
- Dying as Yourself: Tragically subverted. Akim notices the corruption due to Grimm faster than anyone, and is well aware that Braz plans to kill him with poison. After being offered a Morton's Fork, to decide which death would be more "beautiful," Grimm takes over before he has a chance to answer.
- Explaining Your Powers to the Enemy: He explains how his abilities work while he fights. Justified in that he only explains it after he's beat down and crippled his opponents, to further demoralize and humiliate them.
- Expy: Cell? Is that you?
- Feed It with Fire: After assimilating Ricardz Blood, using magic on him only serves to make him stronger, as Wolf Daddy found out, the hard way.
- Feel No Pain: He is completely incapable of feeling pain.
- For the Evulz: He really doesn't have a reason for all the bloodshed and chaos he's causing, he just enjoys doing it.
- Gone Horribly Right: Wolf Daddy was looking for someone strong enough to oppose Grimm. Akim qualifies, but actually wants Grimm's power for himself, and used his new powers to blow the door to Grimm's cage, permanently.
- Humanoid Abomination: He becomes one after assimilating Grimm.
- In Love with Your Carnage: He calls the death and destruction he causes "beautiful" along with the people he kills.
- Laughing Mad: He is very often laughing like a loon, especially when he's in battle.
- Mix-and-Match Critter: He's been running around grabbing body parts from various Mazoku to improve himself.
- Not Quite Dead: Braz should really have destroyed the corpse when he had the chance.
- Power Copying: When he touches Mazoku for any length of time, he can copy their powers and abilities.
- Psycho for Hire: Until he decided he should be in charge.
- Readings Are Off the Scale: One of the first things he does is make Braz manufacture a power sensor so he can find the "best" parts. An initial test on himself reads at approximately 190,000. It only keeps going up from there, no matter how fast or flashily he spends his power.
- Scary Teeth: They are all pointy and razor sharp.
- Skunk Stripe: Inverted. He has one black lock of hair, the rest is very white or silver.
- Spanner in the Works: Wolf Daddy, Braz, and even Richardz's plans all went up in smoke thanks to him.
- Wave Motion Gun: He can fire these from his body.
- The Worf Effect: On both ends of this. He gets worfed by Staz when Staz got his limiter removed, only to turn around and Worf Richardz, Wolf Daddy, and Staz after stealing Richardz's powers when he took his heart back, and then Worfs all of Makai after assimilating Grimm.
Burgundy:One of Akim's first "children."
- Ambiguous Disorder: She's not only seriously challenged both mentally and emotionally, but often forgets what she's doing, or why.
- Ambiguous Innocence: Sees ripping people apart as nothing more than a game, but truly does not understand why that's wrong.
- Artificial Zombie: Like Akim, she's really a corpse animated by magic.
- Bunny Girl: She has bunny ears and a bunny tail.
- Buxom Is Better: She goes after Fuyumi because she thinks Fuymi's breasts are a "good part" due to the fact that they're bigger than her own.
- Combat Sado Masochist: Despite not being able to feel pain, she thinks a blow to the chin, supposedly able to liquefy her brain, is fun, and asks White Step to do it again. This in addition to enjoying ripping people apart.
- Feel No Pain: While she can feel pleasure and has a sense of touch, she does not feel pain.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: After meeting Patty, she wants to have friends, because Patty, rather than trying to kill her or beat her down, wanted to make friends with her instead.
- It Amused Me: She just wants to be entertained. If she's given something to do that's fun, she will happily overlook fighting and killing people.
- Theme Naming: Noticed by Braz that Burgundy, Kelly Green, and Amber are all colors.
Kelly Green:The Second of Akim's "children."
- Ambiguous Gender: There's considerable debate, in universe, if Kelly is a boy or girl.
- Ambiguously Evil: It is not certain if Kelly is "just following orders" or really enjoys going out and engaging in wanton slaughter and destruction. In any case, Kelly really doesn't have a chance in trying to defy Akim.
- An Arm and a Leg: One of the first things Akim does to test his most recent "child," Amber, is have Kelly and Amber try to remove each other's body parts. Amber rips off one of her arms before Akim even says "start."
- Artificial Zombie: Like Akim and all his other "children," (s)he's really just a corpse animated by magic.
- Bishōnen[/]Bifauxnen: Depending on whether Kelly is male or female, the only thing that's certain is that Kelly is noted to be very physically attractive.
- Cat Girl: Kelly has feline features, notably the ears and claws.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Is very tan, and has very light hair.
- Off with His Head!: Amber removes Kelly's head on the second attempt.
- Perpetual Frowner: Always has a scowl.
- Theme Naming: Apparently "Kelly Green" is a color, like Burgundy and Amber.
Amber:The third, last shown, and most powerful of Akim's "children."
- Ambiguous Innocence: Like Burgundy, he seems to have the mentality of a small child.
- Artificial Zombie: As is the case with the rest of Akim's "family", he's just a corpse animated by magic.
- Dumb Muscle: Noted to not be particularly intelligent.
- Feel No Pain: Has not been noted to be capable of feeling pain.
- Lightning Bruiser: Incredibly fast and strong. Nothing compared to Akim, however.
- Off with His Head!: Akim takes his head off when they "play" the same "game" Akim had him playing with Kelly earlier.
- One Head Taller: He towers over everyone, including Akim, outside of Akim's One-Winged Angel form.
- Theme Naming: Like Burgundy and Kelly Green, his name is a color.
Chief of Police Goyle:The leading police officer in the Palacial district.
- Berserk Button: Don't insult glasses. The person wearing them... is a different story.
- By-the-Book Cop: The first, and possibly only, police officer that actually follows a set of policies and procedures recognizable by a reader in modern society.
- Harmless Freezing: When using "Cool Head" the frozen target is not physically damaged in any way.
- An Ice Person: His ability "Cool Head" can be used to trap people in ice when he's touched.
- Megane: He wears glasses.
- Personality Powers: His powerset matches his mood. When he's angry he summons a demon "angry" that is Playing with Fire while when he's cool and calm, he becomes An Ice Person.
- Playing with Fire: When he's angry, his demon Angry can breathe fire.
Beros:One of the two top officers of the Palacial area.
- Berserk Button: Don't touch her tail.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: She is frighteningly easy to piss off.
- Little Bit Beastly: She has a tail that ends with a snake's head, that has fangs and bites.
- Oral Fixation: It's rare to see her without bubble-gum in her mouth.
- Psychopathic Woman Child: She is wildly immature and unstable, emotionally and mentally.
- Sir Swears Alot: Her vocabulary is peppered with profanity.
- Snipe Hunt: Thanks to going through Staz's manga collection trying to find some idea of Akim's weakness, seeing as several items from the manga do indeed exist in Makai, if somewhat different, she winds up dragging her superior along to find a magical Bass capable of destroying Akim's connection to his magic. Amazingly, chapter 65 shows such a Bass does indeed exist. But turns into a "Shaggy Dog" Story when everybody learns that the bass is just a replica based on the manga story.
Team Fearless:A squad of bounty hunters hired by Fuymi's "mother" Neyn to test Staz's resolve, by trying to kill him.
Common to all:
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: They are all quite odd, to put it mildly. Still they are noted to be quite competent in their field, and even had Staz on the ropes for a while.
- Explaining Your Powers to the Enemy: While fighting Staz, those with powers boasted, in exquisite detail, exactly how they work.
- Overrated and Underleveled: While quite dangerous, they're nowhere near as nasty as their reputation suggests. Staz is their first vampire hunt, despite them having a reputation as vampire slayers.
- Punchclock Villain: They are fairly affable if they don't have a contract out on you.
- Rag Tag Bunch Of Misfits: Just by looking, one would never think they'd work together, at all. Strangely, they do, and very well at that.
Siam Kid-sama:The leader, founder, and primary decision maker of the group.
- Cat Boy: Has various cat features, eyes, ears and tail.
- Chuunibyou: His imagination far exceeds the reality.
- Cuteness Proximity: Invoked. He can use his "housecat" form to lure his target by being overly cute. It worked on Fuyumi, but not on Staz.
- In Love with the Mark: Close. While he has no affection for his mark, Akim he does, to his surprise, have great affection for Kelly.
- Leeroy Jenkins: When he has a target, he rushes out to face it with little thought. Fortunately, his team-mates are well aware of this, and are quick to provide backup.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: His team-mates notice something is wrong when he recommends caution in dealing with Akim instead of rashly going with the first plan off attack that comes to mind, even though that plan was a fairly reasonable one.
- Supreme Chef: Surprisingly. This trait of his was instrumental in getting his crew to infiltrate the palace, and even Akim has nothing but praise for his culinary talents.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: He is capable of transforming into what appears to be an ordinary housecat.
Samu:The Swordsman for Team Fearless.
- Eyepatch of Power: He wears an eyepatch over half his face.
- Kryptonite Factor: He wields a silver sword which is instrumental in slowing the healing factor of regenerating beings, like vampires.
Jasmine:The lone female of Team Fearless.
- Kryptonite Factor: Like Samu, the metal in her blades is also silver.
- McNinja: She's supposedly some kind of ninja.
- The Smurfette Principle: She's the only female on Team Fearless.
- Wolverine Claws: She wears gauntlets with large metal blades, also made of silver.
Roi:The team strategist and mission coordinator.
- Awesome, but Impractical: His ability "chat room" allows him to communicate with her teammates in real-time, telepathically, regardless of distance, but he has to be asleep to use it.
- Dissonant Serenity: He seldom shows any strong emotion in combat. Justified as his ability requires being asleep, and strong emotions will wake you up.
- Heavy Sleeper: Justified. His ability only works when he's asleep.
- Mission Control: His "chat room" ability allows him to coordinate his team-mates attacks and actions.
- Bondage Is Bad: Has Fuyumi bound up and gagged inside himself while his team was trying to kill Staz.
- Boom, Headshot!: On the receiving end of this from Fuyumi when she fired a gun from inside him.
- Did Not See That Coming: Like everyone else, he was dumbstruck that Fuyumi's "toy" guns could fire real bullets. Which begs the question of where Fuyumi got those bullets.
- The Heavy: He is the hardest hitter in Team Fearless.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Downplayed. He can hold people inside his hollow body.
Neyn:Fuymi, Bell, and Knell's mother.
- Abusive Mom: Her children are terrified of her, and she sees nothing wrong with hiring professional killers when her children "get out of line."
- Daddy Had a Good Reason for Abandoning You: After the Fusion Dance, she could not be together with her daughter for several very good reasons, not the least of which was that it was clearly not safe for Fuyumi and Bell to grow up together. At two years old, Bell opened a Black Curtain to Makai, which as was shown at the very beginning of the story, is a deadly dangerous place for Fuyumi. Further, as was also shown, simply being in the Human world drains Mazoku of their energy in a hurry simply for being there.
- Fusion Dance: Unwillingly, thanks to accidentally meeting her Doppleganger on Earth.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Thanks to a Fusion Dance between her Mazoku and Human dopplegangers.
- Mismatched Eyes: Thanks to a Fusion Dance is her past.
- My Beloved Smother: To horrifying levels. She not only commands Knell and Bell to kidnap Fuyumi, but when she finds out that Fuyumi might have romantic feelings toward Staz and vice versa, she hires Professional Killers to try and kill him.
- Abusive Dad: His idea of "grounding" Bell involved using spatial gates to dump her into a lake, deep underground, and having her swim to shore to an abandoned laboratory of some sort. He would be waiting on shore for her to "cool off."
- Teleportation: Bell and Knell inherited their ability to cross dimensions from him.
- The Trickster: He drugs a "muffin" claiming that it's cursed to kill Staz if he breaks his word, and forces Staz to eat it in exchange for letting Staz and Fuyumi leave his realm... that Fuyumi was kidnapped to. And uses an action figure on a clearly hallucinating Staz to make him think the "curse" is real.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: He can go from his Hydra form to his human form at will. It is yet to be seen if he can do the reverse.
The Black List:A group of Mazoku so dangerous, their names are scratched from the public record.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: None of them who've met get along with the others.
"Evil" Jack Of Steel:A notorious serial killer so dangerous, entire cities would be evacuated if word spread that he was going to show up.
- Anti-Magic: His "berserker mode" is completely immune to, and destroys, the special power and magic of others.
- Ax-Crazy: He is seriously unhinged.
- The Berserker: If he's ever cornered in battle, he automatically goes into a Nigh Invulnerable "berserker mode" and immediately lashes out at the threat until the threat is dead, or so far away that it can no longer be sensed, like in another dimension.
- Death Seeker: He is explicitly shown seeking the person who can kill him, and allowed himself to be locked away when it looked like such a person couldn't be found.
- The Dreaded: Before he let himself be locked away, entire cities, in Makai, would be evacuated when word got out that he was in the area.
- Mystical White Hair: His hair is completely white and colorless.
- Purple Eyes: To show that there's something "special" about him.
- Spirited Competitor: A really dark take on the trope. He is always looking to fight strong opponents, and relishes fights to the death. When he doesn't find anyone worthy, he lets himself be locked away.
Stein Dozy:An Oni with a penchant for singing. Unfortunately, his songs are so bad, they are literally deadly weapons.
- Expy: He's like an Oni fanboy of Elvis.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: Invoked. He has to hold back sparring with Jack because he knows if he goes all out, "Berserk Jack" would kill him.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: His singing is a deadly weapon.
- One-Winged Angel: When we see his true form, it terrifies Jack.
- Our Ogres Are Different: Even as an Oni, he doesn't match the folklore.
Elafores Mist:An elf that maintains and protects the forests and wilderness of Makai.
- Bishōnen: He's very easy to confuse for a girl. He had to point out he's a guy when Jack called him "Miss."
- The Empath: He can sense the thoughts and feelings of others.
- Friend to All Living Things: Quite literally. He calls the wild animals his friends.
- Nature Lover: He loves the wilderness, and its animals.
- Only Sane Man: Of the entire group, he's the most level-headed.
- Our Elves Are Different: Not depicted as the haughty racist bastard that most elves in fiction seem to be.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Color pages of the manga show it's a nice shade of Cyan.
Little Patty Jabberwocky:The fourth and final (secret) member of the Black list. Exiled to a small mountain range near the capitol.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: His "evil" form is big enough to swallow Burgundy whole.
- Call to Agriculture: He runs a small farm.
- Cheerful Child: Is a sweet, sensitive and happy young child.
- Declaraion Of Protection: To Burgundy, after rescuing her from Wolf and Staz. Unfortunately, he's unaware that she's the one who started the fight, and attacked them first.
- Friend to All Living Things: He has several animals on his farm that he sees as friends.
- Involuntary Shapeshifting: He turns into a depraved bloodthirsty beast against his will. The trigger for this transformation has not been confirmed.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: He's the one who came up with the plan to befriend Burgundy instead of trying to fight or kill her.
- Locked Out of the Loop: He doesn't know anything about what's going on in the rest of Makai, and everyone would have wanted to keep it that way, if it weren't for Akim setting up a gladiatorial arena in the same mountain rage as his home, and having Burgundy literally drop in on him.
- Nice Guy: Everyone agrees that he's exceptionally meek and mild.
- Nice Hat: He wears a hat that wouldn't be out of place on Santa Claus or one of Santa's elves.
- Not So Different: How he sees himself compared to Burgundy.
- Scary Teeth: When he transforms, his teeth get long, sharp, and very pointy.
- Shapeshifer Baggage: His transformation involves a significant change of mass, and there's yet to be an explanation for this.
- Superpowered Evil Side: He has a form of a depraved bloodthirsty beast. Thanks to White Step, this has been suppressed, taking him off the black list, and giving him a hard-earned somewhat "normal" life.
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry: Pissing him off, which isn't easy, makes him shapeshift into a very large, winged, and near-unstoppable beast.