Erica Mendez (born February 13, 1988) is a voice actress residing in Los Angeles. She has gotten a lot of popularity thanks to her breakout role as Aladdin as well as her role as Ryuko Matoi. She also worked in many video game and web animation works as well.
- Aladdin in Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
- Assassin of Black & Roche Frain Yggdmillenia in Fate/Apocrypha
- Atsuko "Akko" Kagari in Little Witch Academia (one of two roles shared with Megumi Han)
- Avril Bradley in Gosick (first non-Role Reprisal role with Funimation)
- Chiriko "Tsuruko" Tsurumi in Ano Hana The Flower We Saw That Day
- Cracker Griffon and Elgar in Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
- Cyborg 001 / Ivan Whisky in Cyborg 009: Call of Justice
- Diane in The Seven Deadly Sins (one of three roles shared with Aoi Yuuki)
- Fu Inubozaki in Yuki Yuna is a Hero
- Gon Freecss in Hunter × Hunter (2011 version) (one of two roles shared with Megumi Han)
- Haruka Tenoh/Sailor Uranus and Reika Nishimura (and her monster form, Rikokeida) in Viz Media's Sailor Moon dub (her first Studiopolis roles)
- Inko Amifumi in Aldnoah.Zero
- Itsuki Sumeragi in Kakegurui
- Jim Hawkins in the 1987 anime film Treasure Island
- Kenya Kobayashi in ERASED
- Louisa May Alcott in Bungo Stray Dogs
- Mametchi in Tamagotchi Friends
- Mash Kyrielight in Fate/Grand Order: First Order (one of the two roles shared with Rie Takahashi)
- Megumin in Konosuba (one of the two roles shared with Rie Takahashi)
- Melissa Shield in My Hero Academia: The Two Heroes
- Nico Yazawa in Love Live!
- Nomura in Charlotte
- Puck in Re:Zero
- Retsuko in Aggretsuko
- Rickert in Berserk (2016)
- Ryuko Matoi in Kill la Kill (one of two roles shared with Ami Koshimizu)
- Sonya in Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry (one of three roles shared with Aoi Yuuki)
- Tsubaki Sawabe in Your Lie in April
- Yuuki Konno in Sword Art Online II (one of three roles shared with Aoi Yuuki)
Eastern Animation (non-anime)
- Wang Ai Ling in Stitch & Ai
- Amanda Blackstone in Detective Pikachu
- Annie, Girl of the Stars in Skullgirls
- Arle in Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Corbin in Dust: An Elysian Tail
- Deirdre in Fire Emblem Heroes
- Eleanor Hume in Tales of Berseria (one of two roles shared with Ami Koshimizu)
- Eryn in Fairy Fencer F
- Esmyrelda Maximus in Cryamore
- Fran Prendoll in Demon Gaze
- Jupiter Celadon from Yousei
- Lianna in Fire Emblem Warriors
- Lularita and Additional Voices in Xenoblade Chronicles X
- The Zombie Maid unit in Disgaea 5
- Micie Sun Mussemburg in Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
- Mina Han and Spoon in Battle Chef Brigade
- Naotora Ii in Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
- Nagisa Shingetsu in Absolute Despair Girls (which she reprised for in Danganronpa 3)
- Maki Harukawa in New Danganronpa V3
- Moru and Blossom Aisen/Blossa Aizen in Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
- Orie Ballardiae in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
- Pac in Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
- Pearl, Good Witch Pearl, Ruby, and Den Mother in Heroes of Newerth
- Primal Huntress Artemis in Smite
- Seong Mi-na in Soulcalibur VI
- Talus in Paladins
- Rixia Mao in The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
- Rainbow Dash in the Rainbow Dash vs Starscream episode of Death Battle
- Kiel'ndia Vel'Vloz'ress in the official Drowtales animation Netherworld TV
- Black Strategy in OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes
Tropes relating to Erica Mendez:
- Action Girl: This is one of her fortes. If she isn't voicing a young boy, many of her female characters definitely will lean towards this trope.
- Crossdressing Voices: Like Mona Marshall, Amanda Céline Miller, and Marianne Miller, she's one of the few voice actresses who is capable of voicing young boy characters. However, she's been balancing this typecast by also playing female characters in addition to playing younger male characters.
- Genki Girl: Many of her female roles tend to be of this type, Akko being a standout example.
- The Hero: Tends to be cast as the main character, particularly if it's as Action and or Genki Girls..
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: Her primary forte (especially in the early stages of her career) seems to be young boy characters. In fact, according to her in a AMA, she has been cast as 7 boys and 1 girl, at least in Bang Zoom! Entertainment side of things.
- Playing Against Type: Has begun to play more feminine characters in recent years, such as Eleanor in Tales of Berseria, Deirdre in Fire Emblem Heroes, and Lianna in Fire Emblem Warriors.
- Star-Making Role: Akko and Retsuko have done a lot to gain her notoriety.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: In addition to her young boy roles, she's capable of voicing other characters. Case in point, she voiced three different characters (Pearl, Ruby, and Den Mother) in Heroes of Newerth where each character have their own distinct voice and personality. More specifically, she can go from gruff-voiced Action Girl types like Ryuko, to excitable characters like Akko, to high-pitched and cute like Eryn.