- All Abusers Are Male: Subverted, actually. While a majority of the boys' actions are cruel and abusive, not to mention Karlheinz' treatment of his sons, Cordelia also stands among them as one of the more heinous abusers and is the reason the Sakamaki triplets ended up as messed in the head as they did.
- All Men Are Bloody Lustful: Obviously Laito, Shu is also this but he's more a Covert Pervert. Most boys are only interested in her blood but the other hand, in some routes.
- Bastard Boyfriend: As a masochist series, most of them act cruel, taunting, and forceful to Yui, which is supposed to be their "Do-S" appeal.
- Bishounen: Obviously, since it's a female-focused franchise. If they're tremendously ugly, Fangirls wouldn't even be drooling over them.
- Interspecies Romance: Yui with any and all of the male vampires she meets in the franchise. Though she later can turn into a vampire herself in some endings, making this subverted there.
Voiced by: Rie Suegara (anime) (Japanese), Maggie Flecknoe (English), Vanessa Olea (Mexican Spanish).
The heroine of the franchise and the player character. After her father moves abroad, she is forced to live in a mansion with six mysterious vampires.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Despite their incredibly jerkass personalities and/or sadomasochistic tendencies, Yui ends up falling for one based on whose route she's in.
- Babies Ever After: In some routes of the game version.
- In MORE,BLOOD ending No. 1 ("Vampire Ending"), she and Azusa have three children. All of them are named after Azusas former friends and wounds: Justin, Christina, and Melissa.
- In Ruki's Brute ending, Yui and Shin have a son named Adam.
- In Lost Eden Good End, she is pregnant from Carla and Subaru in their respective routes.
- Blessed with Suck:
- Yui being Cordelias vessel, causing her to be a Bishonen Vampire Magnet.
- In the BLOODY BOUQUET series of CDs, she's cursed with a spell that makes her blood inedible to vampires. However, by this point, she's already in a relationship with a vampire, they have intimate moments by drinking blood, and the curse slowly kills her if her man doesn't perform an Act of True Love.
- Butt-Monkey: Though didn't get beaten up and bruised like her Male Harem Lead Counterparts, she's almost everyone's punching bag and seen nothing more than just a mere blood bank, at first.
- Creepy Cool Crosses: She carries a rosary.
- Dating What Daddy Hates: Her father is a vampire hunter, and her love interests are vampires. It goes how you imagine.
- Damsel in Distress: From having her blood sucked by immoral vampires to having her body being nearly taken over by Cordelia.
- Dude Magnet: Justified because her special type of blood attracts the male vampires in the series; deconstructed since she has to deal with them biting and harassing her against her will. If she's just an ordinary girl they'll just simply kill her and find a new vessel.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Is given a number of demeaning nicknames by the vampires.
- Ayato calls her "Pancake" for her small chest.
- Laito calls her "Bitch-chan". Crunchyroll translated it as "Little Bitch" for the anime, in the Mexican Spanish dub it was translated as "Pequeña Zorra"note , and in the Portuguese dub its nickname was literally translated, as "Vadia".note This one (alongside the nickname "Pancake" given by Ayato, literally translated as "Panqueca") was considered by many watchers as a "Blind Idiot" Translation, as most fansubs used the original term.
- Yuma calls her "Sow".
- Kou calls her "M Neko-chan" (Masochistic Kitten).
- Ruki calls her "Livestock".
- Extreme Doormat: Some of the boys are bothered by her passiveness and whining instead of trying to escape from the Sakamaki mansion and start living on her own. The reason why she's like that in the first place is because she's told she'll get killed by the brothers if she dares to defy them.
- Fear of Thunder: She is afraid of thunder.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: In some of the routes, she is shown cooking.
- Hair Decorations: Yui wears a pretty pink flower hairclip pinned on the left side of her head.
- Haunted Heroine: Look where she lives.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: Yui Komori is her default name but it can be changed.
- Heroes Want Redheads : If either Laito or Ayato's route is chosen.
- Japanese Christian: She was raised Catholic.
- Morality Pet: Her influence is the main reason the boys change their sadistic ways.
- New Transfer Student: Yui and her transfer to the school the Sakamakis attend helps kick off the plot.
- Oblivious Adoption: She finds out that she was adopted.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Until her identity as Cordelias vessel is revealed.
- Pink Means Feminine: Wears a pink top and is very feminine.
- Plucky Girl: To the point of annoyance, at least for the Sakamakis.
- Preacher's Kid: Her adoptive father is a priest.
- Raised Catholic: She was raised as a Catholic by her adoptive priest father.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In some ending routes she can regress into this, either by being fully possessed by Cordelia or by becoming broken down on her own.
- Unlucky Everydude: After her father moved abroad, she is forced to live in a mansion with six mysterious vampires.
- Supporting Protagonist: Despite being a protagonist, most of the series focuses on the boys and their backstories.
Voiced by: Kosuke Toriumi (Japanese), Ty Mahany (English), Lucas Gama (Portuguese)
The eldest son. He's intelligent, but a lack of motivation caused him to have to repeat a grade. He particularly hates being dragged into troublesome things. It seems he can sleep well listening to music.
- Alliterative Name: Shu Sakamaki.
- Black Sheep: He doesn't care about becoming head of the family.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Shu is intelligent, but also extremely lazy.
- Cain and Abel: With Reiji. Not that he cares.
- Coat Cape: Wears his uniform jacket like this.
- Covert Pervert: Shu is also somewhat of a pervert and usually teases the heroine about wearing unattractive panties and bras, after she becomes too pushy with him and seeks his attention.
- Extreme Doormat: Downplayed. Despite Shu being the eldest son, he doesn't take any responsibility to look after his five brothers and the house; he usually just complains about how he has to "deal with their problems." He tends to push this job to Reiji. As such, it's not really about being a pushover but being lazy.
- Freudian Excuse: The reason why Shu is such a Kuudere is because Edgar, his first friend, died during a fire after trying to save his family. After that traumatic experience, Shu secluded himself from the rest of the world.
- Headphones Equal Isolation: He is always seen with his MP3 player attached to a wire that which is wrapped around his neck and with the earphones always in his ears.
- Held Back in School: He's 19 and is still in his third year of high school.
- Hikikomori: Shu rarely ever leaves his room.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Shu has light ocean blue eyes, which he inherited from his mother.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: While he's just as mean to Yui as his brothers, Shu doesn't do anything outright cruel to her.
- My Greatest Failure: Edgar was Shu's first friend and the first one who treated him as a person. Unfortunately, he died in a fire (later revealed to be caused by Reiji). The trauma was so great that Shu decided not to attach himself to anyone or anything again. When he meets Yui, he brushes her off at first, afraid to attach to someone else. He later comes to see Yui as his My Greatest Second Chance, at least in his route.
- Older Than They Look: Despite being the eldest, he looks slighty more youthful than Reiji. In the manga Yui asked him if he's Reiji's little brother. Justified since vampires with later birthdays are the elder brother.
- Personality Blood Types: Type AB.
- Real Men Hate Sugar: Does not like eating anything sweet.
- Sleepyhead: He sleeps a lot, and yet he is always tired.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Looks like his mother Beatrix.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: The emotions were always there, deep down; he just never had anyone to bring them out because nobody except for Edgar, who died shortly after, has ever bothered to treat him like a person instead of the family heir.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Rare steak.
- Why Did It Have To Be Fire: Shu has pyrophobia (fear of fire) due to what happened with Edgar. When he sees a fire, he runs away, and trembles in pathological fear.
Voiced by: Katsuyuki Konishi (Japanese), David Wald (English), Manuel Perez (Mexican Spanish), Rodrigo Nanal (Portuguese)
The neurotic second son. He treats both the laws of the Sakamaki family and his own standards as important and he forces those around him to abide by those rules, as well. The tone of his voice is kind and polite, but the actual content of what he says is harsh.
- Bespectacled Bastard Boyfriend: If you choose his route.
- Cain and Abel: With Shu.
- Conspicuous Gloves: Wears a white one on his right hand.
- Control Freak: He values rules and demands that they are followed by others.
- Deadpan Snarker: Despite how rigid he may seem, he still has some sense of humor (albeit a dry one).
- Faux Affably Evil: Even though he might have a polite, sophisticated way of speaking (which the creators describe to be "butler-like"), his words tend to come with a biting edge.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: The only one of his brothers to wear glasses. He, just like the rest of his brothers, is an extreme sadist (but also has a surprising, extremely masochistic side if triggered right). His particular phrase is schadenfreude (German for "happiness in the misfortune of others"). Sometimes he does or says something in order to get a reaction that amuses him.
- Insufferable Genius: Reiji will call anyone an idiot if he finds what they do and/or say to be stupid.
- Neat Freak: He cleans the mansion because no one else will.
- Personality Blood Types: Type O.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Reiji loves to collect tea sets and kitchenware.
- Smart People Play Chess
- Spot of Tea: Reiji enjoys his English tea, served with some pasta. He even states that he prefers tea rather than drinking Yuis blood. He changes his mind at the end of his route, in Reijis Good End.
- Stoic Spectacles: The only one of his brothers to wear glasses and is the least openly emotional among them.
- Strong Family Resemblance: It is stated by Cordelia that if he weren't so stiff, he would look just like his father from back when she first met him. She even says their eyes are similar.
- Tall Darkand Handsome
- The Perfectionist: He loves perfection.
- The Smart Guy: Shown by how he values rules, Reiji is a strict person towards both himself and those around him.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Spaghetti Carbonara.
- Tsundere: Type A.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Reiji has purple hair.
- Younger Than They Look : Yui mistook him for a butler at first. When she asked Shu if Reiji's his older brother, she was surprised that Shu admitted he's the eldest one.
Voiced by: Daisuke Hirakawa (Japanese), Blake Shepard (English), Hugo Nuñez (Mexican Spanish), Dláigelles Riba (Portuguese)
The eldest of the triplets. He prefers peoples faces of displeasure, offensive language and the like are his specialty, and his abnormal behavior stands out. It seems to be his habit that when he gets excited, he starts speaking very quickly.
- Alliterative Family: Downplayed. This only applies to Ayato and Kanato, who are his triplet brothers. The last syllables of their names end in -to.
- Evil Redhead: A jerkass masochist like his brothers, with red hair.
- Hidden Depths: Laito is good at interpreting peoples' motives.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager: He is an open pervert type of character and a voyeur, which makes him wish to share his prey with others and enjoy seeing her get messed up by others; but then he becomes possessive and jealous and punishes her for it. It is shown he also doesn't mind if people observe when he is messing with Yui.
- Horny Devil: He's a vampire and a pervert.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Laito is extremely perverted, as well as a Do-S like the rest of his brothers. His perverted nature causes him to be suspended from school often. However, underneath all that, he's still meant to be admirable to his playing audience.
- Nice Hat: Never seen without his hat.
- Parental Incest: He would often have sex with his mother Cordelia, who went for Anything That Moves, thinking it was "love" and would get really jealous of her various other partners. When his father found out about it, he locked him up in the basement. A little later his mother went to see him, taunted him and had sex with Richter, his uncle, in front of him.
- Personality Blood Types: Type O.
- Sex Equals Love: Laito has an unclear understanding of love, believing it largely to be lust. He tries to explain this to Yui.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Some dubs address him as Raito or Light (due to another Light with same name pronunciation), but supplementary materials confirm his name is Laito.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Macarons.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Laito has a warped version of what "love" means.
- Why Did It Have To Be Bugs: He is scared of bugs and creepy-crawlies.
Voiced by: Yuuki Kaji (Japanese), Corey Hertzog (English), Karla Vega (Mexican Spanish), Francisco Freitas (Portuguese)
The middle of the triplets. He always blames people for everything and cries violently, but will cease crying immediately when he gets sweets, which he loves.
- Alliterative Family: Downplayed. This only applies to Laito and Ayato, who are his triplet brothers. The last syllables of their names end in -to.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Kanato's disturbed, child-like personality is a fact and he has a very... eccentric personality, has since childhood; he's usually staying alone, talking to his dolls, self-harming, or turning others into wax dolls. Around others, Kanato usually acts very spoiled, childish, and demanding, usually emotionally blackmailing them either with tears or hysterical tantrums to get his way; indeed, he is quite mentally unstable, even showing signs of psychotic behavior when angered. He is shown to be moved to tears easily, which is later replaced by loud yelling. And he adores sweets.
- Ax-Crazy: He's not really mentally sound, to say the least.
- Creepy Child: Looks like one and acts like one. See Cute and Psycho and Psychopathic Manchild for more.
- Curtains Match the Window: Light purple hair and light purple eyes.
- Cute and Psycho: He is the Token Mini-Moe of the series and he can become psycho.
- Does Not Like Spam
- He hates eating spicy food.
- He hates coffee, because it's so bitter.
- Glurge Addict: Kanato loves plushies and sweets and is almost always seen with one or the other. This does not make him any less creepy.
- Living Doll Collector: Has a room full of wax dolls.
- Masochist's Meal: In his route, he forces Yui to eat disgusting food such as seaweed and raw liver, because it would make her blood taste better.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: Everything about him is disturbing in some degree.
- Older Than They Look: He is actually the same age as Ayato and Laito (due to them being triplets) and older than Subaru.
- Personality Blood Types: Type O.
- Psychopathic Manchild: He acts like a child and when he doesn't get what he wants, he flips.
- Sweet Tooth: He really likes sweets and they are one of the very few things that can prevent one of his violent fits.
- Trademark Favorite Food: His favorite dessert is raspberry pudding, but he likes anything sweet in general.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: As a child, Kanato craved his mother's attention and would self harm just to get it, though these efforts were largely in vain. Kanato did love Cordelia as a child; however, this never reached her because she shows zero interest in him aside from his singing.
- Yandere: Kanato can freely be categorized as an "yandere type" of character due to the bonds he is capable of having, even if they still are quite twisted. Kanato is childish but overly possessive and even if he's not always thinking clearly, he must decide the future not only for himself but also for the heroine.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Inherited his purple hair from Cordelia.
Voiced by: Hikaru Midorikawa (Japanese), Chris Patton (English), Ricardo Bautista (Mexican Spanish), Fabrício Rinaldi (Portuguese)
The youngest of the triplets. Out of all the brothers, he believes that he himself is the best and the strongest. He loves causing mischief and stirs up a lot of trouble.
- Abusive Parents: His mother Cordelia forced him to study really hard (often forbidding him to play) and instead of praising his efforts, she would often belittle him and physically abuse him for any perceived failure, telling him that if he wasn't the best, he didn't deserve anything good and he wasn't her son. She also used to throw him in a lake nearby despite of his inability to swim as punishment and would watch as he struggled and begged her to save him.
- Alliterative Family: Downplayed. This only applies to Laito and Kanato, who are his triplet brothers. The last syllables of their names end in -to.
- All Men Are Perverts: To a lesser extent than Laito. According to a character interview, the first place he checks when looking at a girl are her breasts.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: In his route, Ayato falls in love with Yui because of her unwavering kindness to him.
- Big Eater: Ayato is also noted that he eats a lot (though only if it is his favorite food).
- Cannot Spit It Out: Ayato has a hard time expressing his feelings and he tends to get quickly jealous of anything.
- Evil Redhead: Ayato is quite the rebel and has a passion for torture devices; such as the Iron Maiden and a device like that can be found in his room, which he uses instead a bed (the spikes are removed).
- Fashionable Asymmetry: His uniforms right pant leg is rolled up to his knees.
- Family Eye Resemblance: His green eyes are similar to Cordelias.
- Fiery Redhead: When Ayato isn't being a sadistic jerk, he shows a passionate side.
- Implied Love Interest: All but stated to be Yui's canon partner, given he's front and center on almost every cover and is depicted with her the most often.
- Personality Blood Types: Type O.
- Pride: He has a lot of it. Ayato is the type who always brags about himself; sometimes commanding everyone to call him "Ayato-sama".
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: He is one of the main characters and happens to have red hair with green eyes.
- The Southpaw: The MORE,BLOOD fanbook states that he is left handed.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Loves takoyaki.
Voiced by: Takashi Kondo (Japanese), Josh Grelle (English), Pablo Mejia (Mexican Spanish), Douglas Guedes (Portuguese)
The rowdy youngest son who often shuts himself up inside of his coffin. Because he finds the other brothers gloomy/troublesome, he takes a rebellious attitude towards them.
- Alliterative Name: Subaru Sakamaki.
- The Baby of the Bunch: Subaru is the sixth and youngest son of the Sakamaki household.
- BrotherSister Incest: Is the result of this.
- Child by Rape: His mother, Christa, was raped by Karl. Subverted, turns out his mother was never raped.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Can get angry very easily.
- Heroic Albino: The palest of his brothers and the only one who is somewhat sweet to Yui.
- Japanese Delinquents: He likes to fight and break things.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: "Rough around the edges" is a gross understatement, but he has a good heart.
- Peek-a-Bangs: His bangs are parted to the right, covering his eye.
- Personality Blood Types: Type A.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: He has blood red eyes like his mother.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Has his mother's hair and eyes.
- Token Good Teammate: Among his vampire brothers. He's the only one to actually try to help Yui escape from them.
- Tsundere: Type A. There is a tsundere side of him that not only Yui can see, but his brothers too, and Laito likes to tease him about it. He's a delinquent type, kind of violent and loves to damage things. He's also an extreme sadist, but despite all that, he can occasionally be sweet.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Downplayed. He doesn't really have a black heart but he's still a jerk.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Subaru has white hair - though it is often shown to be a light silvery color with pinkish tips.
- Younger Than They Look: He is the youngest of the Sakamakis.
Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese), Adam Gibbs (English)
Contrary to his courteous behavior, hes the eldest son who has a cold-hearted feeling to him. Using clever words to skillfully manipulate people, its his specialty to proceed in such a way that his own hands are not dirtied.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: He liked to mistreat others, especially his servants, because he was an aristocrat. He got a taste of his own medicine after family became bankrupt when the servants beat him up for all the cruel things he had done to them.
- Curtains Match The Windows: His hair and eyes appear as blue in the anime.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Like his brothers, his life wasn't easy.
- Does Not Like Spam: He hates strong-flavoured food and drinks.
- Faux Affably Evil: Despite his calm nature and words the latter barely hides a sense of brutality can be felt in his spoken words.
- The Leader: Of the Mukamis.
- Mark of Shame: As punishment for trying to run away from the orphanage, he was branded on his back like 'livestock'.
- Orphanage of Fear: He ended up in one. He was treated badly by the other kids and the caretaker because he used to be an aristocrat with a bad attitude. The only friends he made there was Kou, Yuma, and Azusa. The devised a plan to escape and it was successful, at first. The people from the orphanage managed to catch them.
- Parental Abandonment: When his father became bankrupt, his mother ran off with her secret lover, and his father hanged himself.
- Personality Blood Types: Type AB.
- Smug Smiler: He always has an intimidating smirk on his face matched with a calm tone.
- The Smart Guy: The "Brains" of the Mukamis. Without dirtying his own hands, he interacts with others as a cruel-hearted military do-S (extreme sadist). Ayato tends to mock him for his sometimes forced intellectual manners.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
- Trademark Favorite Food: Soup.
- Tragic Keepsake: The book he carries is a memento from his father.
Voiced by: Ryohei Kimura (Japanese), Bryson Baugus (English)
The friendly second son who is playing the role of an idol. While he is very moody and self-centered, his devilish charm seems to appeal to people and he is quite popular.
- Chick Magnet: Many of his female classmates find him attractive.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Abandoned by his parents. Ended up in an Orphanage of Fear and he's heavily implied to have been a former Sex Slave. He decided to disfigure himself and gouged out his right eye in order to make himself less appealing to the aristocrats. It didn't work as they liked him damaged.
- Idol Singer: His job in the human world.
- Glass Eye: When he was first given his new eye, he described it as a jewel.
- Magical Eye: His right eye can see into peoples hearts and he can tell if they are lying.
- Mismatched Eyes: His right eye is red and his left eye is blue.
- Orphanage of Fear: He ended up in the same one as Ruki, Yuma, and Azusa. See Ruki's entry for details on their escape.
- Parental Abandonment: He was abandoned in a sewer.
- Personality Blood Types: Type B.
- Sex Slave: Implied. To make money for the war going on, beautiful children like him were bought from the orphanage by a "club" and were offered up as merchandise and "entertainment" for aristocrats. He was so in-demand that any wounds he received from previous encounters never healed.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Vongole Bianco.
Voiced by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Japanese), Andrew Love (English)
The third son who lives by his instincts. He has a huge body and his voice and attitude are also big. Furthermore, he acts out violently on impulse and is lacking a little in class/dignity.
- Personality Blood Types: Type O.
- Real Men Hate Sugar: Inverted. He likes munching on sugar cubes.
- Real Men Wear Pink: His hobby is vegetable gardening.
- The Reveal: He is revealed to be Shu's friend Edgar who was thought to have died in a fire (later revealed to have been caused by Reiji). He woke up with injuries but had no memory of who he was.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He is always seen munching on sugar cubes.
- Tsundere: Type A. He became what he is because of the toxic environment he grew up in.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: As a child, he was very lively and cheery. Sometimes too rebellious to his parents who were religious people while he didn't believed in God. After the incident and his amnesia, he had to become even tougher if wanted to survive out on the streets with the other members of his rebellion gang. He grew violent, rough, and dominating with time.
Voiced by: Daisuke Kishio (Japanese), Greg Ayres (English)
The fourth son who is timid, but nonetheless obstinate. Because of that tenacity, most of the time things end up going the way he wishes. He is very pleased when his own body is wounded.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Azusa has black hair with grey tips and grey eyes in the games, and blue-green hair and purple eyes in the anime.
- Affably Evil: Azusa is probably the sole person who fits this trope of all of Yui's love interests. He has a twisted yet visible sense of right and wrong; he often tells his brothers not to fight, and he apologizes to Yui when he startles her, deceives her, or feels he must do something against her wishes. Azusa also admits he knows lying is wrong, but he will lie to make someone happy, to earn a punishment, or to fulfill his older brothers orders. He also never uses demeaning nicknames.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Azusa talks in a slow, monotone manner.
- Babies Ever After: In MORE,BLOOD ending No. 1 ("Vampire Ending"), he and Yui have three children. All of them are named after Azusas former friends and wounds: Justin, Christina, and Melissa.
- The Baby of the Bunch: Azusa is the fourth and youngest son of the Mukami household.
- Combat Sadomasochist: He likes to inflict pain on others and likes others to hurt him although sometimes he hurts himself.
- Covered in Scars: There are scars on his face and arms.
- Dark and Troubled Past: While on the street, three kids named Justin, Melissa, and Christine used to beat him up for no reason. He grew to enjoy the pain they inflicted as he saw it as proof that he was alive and there was meaning to his life. This is why he became a Combat Sadomasochist.
- Mellow Fellow: He has the lowest energy of the entire cast.
- Nice Guy: Even though he has some masochist/sadist tendencies, Azusa is probably the kindest one out of the entire male vampire cast; he's never condescending towards anyone and is polite to Yui.
- Nice Hat: He wears a maroon beret.
- Orphanage of Fear: He ended up in the same one as Ruki, Kou, and Yuma. The other kids in the orphanage beat him up but he met Yuma who was the first person who was kind and nice to him and found hope for the future. See Ruki's entry for details on their escape.
- Personality Blood Types: Type A.
- Rich Suitor, Poor Suitor: In Azusa's storylines, he's portrayed as the Poor Suitor to Kanato's Rich Suitor.
- Street Urchin: He started out as one when he was a child.
- Token Good Teammate: Of the Mukamis; he's the only one who of them who treats Yui nicely.
- Too Kinky to Torture: See Combat Sadomasochist.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Shichimi Togarashi.
- Weaksauce Weakness: He is incredibly weak against heat.
Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa (Japanese), Josh Morrison (English)
The first blood who possesses both intelligence and reason. However, he hides a secret sadistic violence underneath that. Within his long lifespan, he has a lazy character. For the sake of his own certain goals, he approaches the heroine.
- Amazon Chaser: In his route, Carla is greatly amused by the amount of courage Yui had every time she was with him, that he unknowingly became attracted to her and fell in love eventually.
- Animorphism: As a founder, he can transform into a wolf, snake, bat and an eagle.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Is stated to possesses both intelligence and reason yet because of his long lifespan, he has a lazy character.
- Conspicuous Gloves: Wears white ones.
- Does Not Like Spam: He dislikes Japanese food.
- Gender-Blender Name: Carla is typically a girl's name.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Underneath his cruel personality, Carla has a soft side that he rarely shows.
- Monster Progenitor: He and his brother are the last survivors of the bloodline that founded the entire demon world.
- Multi-Ethnic Name: His first name is English and his surname is Japanese.
- Personality Blood Types: Type AB.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He enjoys reading books about poems and history, and he indulges himself in collecting paintings when he is not in his duty as the King.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: He has sharp golden eyes.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Raw ham.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Carla has white hair and is a sadist, but not to the point of losing control.
- Wicked Cultured: He usually plays the antagonistic role in most of the other character's routes in DARK FATE. Carla would not take "no" for an answer whenever he orders anyone to do his bidding. He enjoys reading books about poems and history, and he indulges himself in collecting paintings when he is not in his duty as the King.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: White hair with dark reddish-brown and grey fringes at the tips.
Voiced by: Showtaro Morikubo (Japanese), Houston Hayes (English)
The younger brother of the founders. Because he possesses a high pride due to being a founder, he looks down upon vampires of other bloodlines. Beautiful blood is his preference and he often utters narcissistic remarks. Ordinarily his words are polite, but when he loses his temper his speech will become violent and his speech will often contain hurtful or insensitive words.
- Animorphism: As a founder, he can transform into a wolf, snake, bat and an eagle. However, he prefers his wolf form.
- Big Brother Worship: Zig-Zagged. He respects his older brother as the current king, but doesn't plan to always live in his shadow and waits for the moment to become the alpha instead. He admires Carla, but also holds a deep grudge against him which he hides to the very last moment until he is more confident that he has a chance to win.
- Conspicuous Gloves: Wears black ones with his school uniform.
- Curtains Match The Windows: He's a blonde with gold eyes.
- Eyepatch of Power: Wears one over his glasses.
- Fatal Flaw: Shin often underestimates his opponents and looks down on them, which sometimes gets him into serious trouble. For example, in Kanato's DARK FATE route, this gets Shin killed by Kanato, no matter the huge level difference in their powers.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: Wears teal glasses and is a very sadistic character.
- Monster Progenitor: He and his brother are descendants of the founders of the demon world.
- Personality Blood Types: Type O.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: He has a sharp gold eye with a slit down the middle like his brother's.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He loves nuts.
- Tsundere: Type A. He looks down upon everyone aside from his brother.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: A brother variant. Shin really admires his older brother and wants to prove himself to him.
Voiced by: Akane Tomonaga (Japanese), Monica Rial (English), Dolores Mondragón (Mexican Spanish)
Karlheinz's first wife. She is the mother of the triplets, Laito, Kanato, Ayato.
- Abusive Parents: To all her children, in varying degrees. See series page for details.
- Alpha Bitch: She used her status as the first wife as well as the Demon Lord's daughter to torment Beatrix by degrading her and proving that her children were better than hers.
- Mandatory Motherhood: She did not want to have children, but did so because of Karl.
- Manipulative Bitch: She was able to convince Richter that she would make him the Vampire King if he resurrected her.
- Parental Incest: See the series page for details.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple hair.
Voiced by: Mana Hirata (Japanese), Luci Christian (English), Rosalinda Márquez (Mexican Spanish)
Karlheinz's second wife. She is the mother of Shu and Reiji.
- Good Mother: Despite her flaws and the cause of antagonistic among her sons. She's rather decent and loved both her sons, compared to Cordelia and Christa. If she wasn't favor Shu over Reiji, they wouldn't hate each other.
- Parental Favoritism: She focused more on Shu than Reiji because Shu was the oldest and therefore heir to the family.
- Parental Neglect: She loved Reiji, but never gave him the attention he needed.
Voiced by: Yuki Tashiro (Japanese), Brittney Karbowski (English), Martha Ramírez (Mexican Spanish)
Karlheinz's third wife later revealed to be his cousin as well. She is Subaru's mother.
- Mercy Kill: Begs Subaru to kill her to end her suffering. She even gave him a silver knife to do so.
- Rape as Backstory: Karlheinz desired her so he forced her to become his wife and raped her and she became pregnant with Subaru. Becomes a subversion when it's revealed that she wasn't raped. Her mind was broken when she learned Karlheinz had pretended to love her.
- Rape Leads to Insanity: She became mentally unstable after the rape. Subverted, in the end. As a matter of fact, she was never raped in the first place! Her madness came as a result of her realizing that Karlheinz saw her as a mere object for his experiments.
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: She was known among vampires as 'White Rose' because of her beauty. This unfortunately lead to the above sections: Rape as Backstory and Rape Leads to Insanity.
- The Tragic Rose: She was known as the White Rose. Unfortunately, her marriage to her husband and being used to bear a incest child caused her to wilted her away.
- That Thing Is Not My Child!: Due to her mental instability, she sometimes acts like this towards Subaru.
Voiced by: Jun Konno (Japanese), David Matranga (English), Ismael Verastegui (Mexican Spanish)
Karlheinz's younger brother making him the Sakamaki brother's uncle.
- Manipulative Bastard: In the anime, he managed to trick Cordelia (who is a fairly good manipulator) into thinking he actually loved her in order to become stronger than his brother and become the head of the family.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- The Renfield: To Cordelia.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has green hair.
Voiced by: Masataka Sawada (Japanese), John Swasey (English)
The father of the Sakamaki brothers. He is the current Vampire King, leader of the vampires.
Yui's adoptive father. He is a priest.
- The Faceless: In the first episode of the anime, Yui finds a picture of her and her father when she was still a baby but we only see him from the mouth down.
- Offing the Offspring: In the later parts of Azusa's Route, Seiji finds Yui at a church. It's all heartwarming until he senses something off with her. He says that she is no longer the daughter he loved as she has become a vampire and points a gun at her. However, Azusa comes in time but he gets shot in the arm.
- Vampire Hunter: Revealed to be one in Reiji's Route. Reiji hired him to kill his mother Beatrix.
- The Voice: In the games, he has no sprite but we hear his voice when he talks to Yui in flashbacks.
Voiced by: Tomoaki Maeno (Japanese)
The Vampire King Karlheinz's illegitimate son. For some unknown reason, he wants to destroy the vampire race.
- Personality Blood Types: Type AB.
- Psychopathic Manchild: He is a naive, selfish prince who thinks that its natural that people do things for him.
- Trademark Favorite Food: It is also depicted in the Lost Eden trailer that Kino has a liking for Guava juice. He chastises the heroine for "spilling his precious Guava Juice".