Please note that all Japanese characters are in Last Name First Name order.
Click here to return to the main character index.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: In the dub, Raimon's players all tend to use words or phrases from their native language on occasion.
- Multinational Team: The dub assigns a different nationality, and matching accent, to each member of Raimon; for a few examples, Riccardo (Shindou) is Italian, Gabriel (Kirino) is Spanish, and Victor (Tsurugi) is Russian.
Sangoku Taichi / Samguk Han
"Raimon's previous captain. His kindness is his team's mainstay."
- Butt-Monkey: Because of The Worf Effect. Especially in the Tanabata event...
- The Captain: He was captain of Raimon until he asked Shindou to take the role.
- Crutch Character: His catch stat starts out and remains the highest in the party, and for being the only goalie you have to start with he does his job very well. But he never gets an Avatar, while Shinsuke does, so by the end of the game he'll be a better goalie than Sangoku. This is justified by the story: Sangoku is a third year so won't be able to play in the team much longer, and names Shinsuke as his replacement.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Fence of Gaia. He smashes the ground with his fists and giant mountains which stop the ball raise from the hole.
- Momma's Boy: Non-negative example. His mom is something of a Doting Parent, and he cares about her a great deal, but Sangoku is not at all timid and very responsible.
- Playing with Fire: His element in the game is fire. His most notable fire hissatsu is Burning Catch: his right hand catches fire, which estinguishes after he spins twice in the air before catching the ball.
- Precocious Crush: In the games he has a crush on Aki.
- Team Dad / Team Mom: Depends on what the team needs at the time.
- The Worf Effect: Poor Sangoku. Even Kirino's seiyuu apologized for her line about him not being able to protect the goal.
Kirino Ranmaru / Gabriel "Gabi" Garcia
- Voiced By: Yuu Kobayashi
"Raimon's beautiful ace defender. He understands Shindou very well."
- Alliterative Name: His dub name, Gabriel Garcia
- Awesomeness by Analysis: He was the one who figured out how to break the tactics of Gassan Kunimitsu.
- Bishōnen: He stands out as a prime example even in a series packed full of pretty boys.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Deliberately invoked. Kirino was designed with "beauty" in mind.
- Expy: As a pretty-boy defender who's a longtime friend of the team's captain, he's basically Kazemaru 2.0.
- Fighting Spirit: Banner Warrior Brynhildr and Armed as well..
- Fusion Dance: With Joan of Arc.
- Girlish Pigtails: A rare male example; he has low-tied twintails.
- Mysterious Mist: His signature hissatsu, a play on the kiri in his name meaning "mist". While The Mist is a simple smokescreen, its evolved form Deep Mist seems to make the ball outright vanish from under the opponent's feet and appear at Kirino's.
- Nice Guy: Outside of a brief period of self-doubt and bitterness in Chrono Stone, he's nothing but kind and supportive to the team.
- Playing with Fire: In Chrono Stone, mixi-maxing with Jeanne d'Arc gives him the La Flamme hissatsu.
- Smoke Out: The Mist generates a thick cloud of... well, mist to blind the opposing player while he steals the ball.
- Those Two Guys: With Shindou.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Pink in this case.
Amagi Daichi / Wanli Changcheng
- Voiced by: Nara Tooru (Japanese)
"The team's foremost giant, who hates warped fights."
- The Big Guy: The biggest guy phisycally.
- Goggles Do Nothing: He wears his goggles in a way they can't be used.
- Odd Friendship: With Hikaru.
- Not So Different: They were both bullied in elementary school and struggled to make friends.
- Stone Wall: He has terrible stats in everything except Block, but he blocks very, very well.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: A milder example.
- Verbal Tic: Adds "-do" to the end of his sentences.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has purple hair.
Minamisawa Atsushi / Doug McArthur
- Voiced By: Yuuki Kaji
- Interface Spoiler: In the dub, and one you'll only notice in hindsight. He follows the same Named After Someone Famous Theme Naming as most opposing teams. It doesn't hit you until you go up against a team that has every player named after a famous military commander... There's also one in his Player Binder file, his recruitment method is listed as "Other" while everyone else you start out with is listed as "Story". That's because he's both "Story" and "Pal Pack", he starts out with you but can only be recruited back by Pal Pack in the postgame.
- Only In It For A Good Student Report: He doesn't care much about the soccer club, staying in it only to get good grades.
- Aw, Look! He Really Does Like Soccer: After being with Gassan Kunimitsu, he realizes he cares for the game after all, despite not showing it in the beginning.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: He leaves the Raimon team in episode 11.
- Guest-Star Party Member: You can only get him back in the postgame, and even then, his level will be reset to 1.
- FaceHeel Turn: Instead, he transfers to Gassan Kunimitsu, a rival team still serving Fifth Sector.
- Heel Realization: After being defeated, he appologizes for what he did, and although he never comes back to Raimon, he keeps good relationship with them.
- Technicolor Eyes: Has central heterochromia. Red outer, gold inner.
- Those Two Guys: Eventually becomes this with Hyoudou after his Heel Realization.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: As an opponent, he's easily the toughest striker you've gone up against by that point, and he doesn't even have an Avatar!
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has purple hair.
Kurumada Gouichi / Subaru Honda
"A guy with a fiery heart. He dribbles like a roaring locomotive."
- Voiced by: Hirofumi Nojima (Japanese), Stuart Palm (English, anime)
- Can't Catch Up: His worries when the juniors like Kariya and Shinsuke prove to be good
- Nice Guy: He encourages Tenma and later Shinsuke when they assume goalkeeper position. He's also friendly in general.
- Pointless Bandaid: On his nose.
- Stone Wall: Pretty much Raimon's brick wall.
Hayami Tsurumasa / Eugene Peabody
- Voiced By: Hiroyuki Yoshino
"A talented midfielder. He quickly falls into a slump with negative thoughts."
- The Cynic: He's the first to start muttering about how the situation is hopeless and the team is doomed. His English bio describes him as having "distinctly pessimistic tendencies".
- Dismotivation: This left him particularly distressed when best friend Hamano starts getting enthusiastic about going against Fifth Sector. Hayami gets better.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Blame the pigtails; he's otherwise obviously a boy.
- FanBoy: Of Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Hamano.
- Nerd Glasses: But they're thick round frames instead of being opaque.
- Skintone Sclerae: His eyes don't contain sclerae.
Kurama Norihito / Michael "Kaiser" Ballzack
- Voiced By: Ayahi Takagaki
- Ambiguously Brown: He's very dark-skinned, but doesn't resemble a black person otherwise.
- Animal Motifs: Snakes. Specifically, a sidewinder, which is showcased in the hissatsu with the same name.
- The Cynic: He is not as negative as Hayami but still usually voices doubt about feasibility of the team's plans.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Appeared to be this at first because he found Tenma annoying.
- The Napoleon: He's the second shortest member in the team and is very short-tempered, especially disliking "annoying" people like Tenma. He later warms up to him, though.
- Peek-a-Bangs: They cover his left eye.
- Unfortunate Names: His English surname is Ballzack.
- The Worf Barrage: His shoot hissatsu, Sidewinder, has the unfortunate fate of being often used to showcase how strong the opponent's goalkeeper is.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has light cyan hair.
Hamano Kaiji / Adé Kébé
- Voiced By: Jun Konno (Japanese), Danella Down (English, anime)
"The team's cheerful mood maker. His hobby is fishing."
- Expy: His design with his goggles on his head, easy-going personality and sea-related techniques are reminiscient of Tsunami.
- Foil: He's a cheerful and optimistic guy, while his best friend Hayami is a lot more pessimistic, although the latter eventually gets over it.
- Goggles Do Nothing: He wears his goggles just as an accesory, unlike Tsunami, who uses them when he's surfing.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Hayami.
- Making a Splash: He has water-based hissatsu, such as Naminori Piero, a technique which lets him create a whirlpool that turns into a wave which obscures the opponent's vision.
- Meaningful Name: The "kai" in his first name means "sea", fitting his water element and his hobby, which is fishing.
- Nice Guy: He's a very friendly and easy-going guy.
- Oop North: In the dub he's a (very broad accented) Geordie.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps: Rolls up the sleeves on his Raimon uniform.
- Verbal Tic: He has a habit of saying "oi" when kicking a ball.
Ichino Nanasuke / Hugues Baudet
"A calm boy with a strong sense of responsiblity who supports the team as a strategist."
- Voiced by: Fumiko Orikasa
- The Captain: Of Raimon's second team before being Curb-Stomped by Tsurugi.
- Multicolored Hair: He has light blond hair with red side-locks.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Still, he felt the worst about leaving among the members who quit.
- He came back.
- Those Two Guys: With Aoyama.
"A logical soccer player. He never fails to analyze himself after games."
- Satellite Character: To both Ichino and Shindou.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: He came back.
- Those Two Guys: With Ichino.
Kariya Masaki / Aitor Cazador
- Voiced by: Yuuki Tai (Japanese), Seth Leslie (English, anime)
"A Raimon transfer student. He appears very nice on the surface, but is actually twofaced."
- Giver of Lame Names: His friends aren't impressed by the names he gives to the hissatsu tactics at all.
- Jerkass: He enjoys messing with people. It's probably why the fandom adores him.
- Of course, turns out to be a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Parental Abandonment: He was brought to the orphanage at 11 years old.
- Red Herring Mole: Easily blamable on his twofaced-ness.
- Troll: Loves to mess with Kirino in particular.
Kageyama Hikaru / Lucian Dark
"An earnestly cheerful boy, with a budding soccer sense."
- The Drag-Along: Taken literally with Amagi.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Extend Zone. The spin he puts on the ball is so intense it leaves a crater when he warps to a dimension where he takes the shot.
- Idiot Hair: He has a small ahoge on his head.
- Instant Expert: Shows shades of this due to his Mega Manning abilities.
- Mega Manning: With just a simple explanation or a passing glance.
- Justified in that Kageyama was his Uncle.
- Odd Friendship: With Amagi.
- Not So Different: They were both bullied in elementary school and struggled to make friends.
- One Steve Limit: As of Orion no Kokuin, he shares his given name with Ichihoshi Hikaru.
- Verbal Tic: Shouts "UGIIII!" whenever he kicks a soccer ball or just screaming.
- Yes-Man: What caused him to get bullied when he was in elementary school. He still has shades of this.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has blue hair.
"The super player returning from Italy. He has a kind, chivalrous spirit."
- Adorkable: He really likes dancing even if he sucks at it.
- Beneath the Mask: He is actually very insecure when it comes to making goals, this is why he became a midfielder. Someoka aided in fixing this though.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He has an avatar.
- Dishing Out Dirt: His Hissatsu and avatar element.
- Dub Name Change: A notable aversion, given the name's significance to his character.
- Everything's Better with Samurai: His avatar, Sengoku Bushin Musashi.
- Fanboy: Of Sakamoto Ryouma, whose given name he proudly shares.
- Fighting Spirit: Sengoku War God Musashi and Armed in Chrono Stone
- Fusion Dance: With Sakamoto Ryouma.
- Glass Cannon: His shoot hissatsus are very strong, but his stamina and TP are pretty low.
- Meaningful Name: Nishiki shares his first name with a famous Japanese figure, this foreshadows that Nishiki will eventually Mixi Max with said prominent figure.
- Nice Guy
- Rapunzel Hair: His hair is very long even in a high ponytail. If worn down, it would probably come to his knees.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Onigiri, specifically the kind that Someoka makes. It is also his Comfort Food.
Yukimura Hyouga / Njord Snio
"With his talent discovered by Fubuki, he is a super striker, one of the best in the northern region."
- An Ice Person
- Animal Motifs: Panthers.
- Bratty Half-Pint: His attitude towards Fubuki in his first appearance.
- Expy: Most see him as one of Atsuya or Fubuki.
- FaceHeel Turn: When he thought Fubuki left him he went and became a SEED.
- Fighting Spirit: Snowfall Saia
- Lightning Bruiser: Just like his mentor Fubuki.
- Sempai/Kohai: The Kohai to Fubuki's Sempai, Yukimura took great value in this relationship which is why he became a SEED when he thought Fubuki left him.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Dark blue.
Kishibe Taiga / Bay Laurel
- Animal Motifs: Lion in the game.
- The Captain: Of Kidokawa Seishuu.
- The Chains of Commanding: The rift within his team weighs heavily on him.
- Fighting Spirit: Beast King Leon.
- Friendly Enemy: Despite competing fiercely with each other, he and Shindou hold each other in high regard.
- Nice Guy
- Not So Different: To Shindou with regards to being the captain of a team torn between following Fifth Sector and rebelling.
- Worthy Opponent: Shindou seems to consider him one.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has indigo hair.
Mahoro Tadashi / Harrold Houdini
- Break His Heart to Save Him: Why he cut ties with Amagi in the past.
- Bully Hunter: How he was first introduced to Amagi in his childhood. Unfortunately, it didn't end well for him.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Didn't want to tell Amagi the true reason he avoided the guy in the past: he was bullied in place of Amagi because he stood up for his friend.
- The Captain: Of Genei Gakuen.
- Childhood Friends: To Amagi.
- Unusual Ears: Has pointed ears for no apparent reason.
- You Can't Fight Fate: He believes Amagi's (and Raimon's) ideal is impossible because they can't go against the strong.
Amemiya Taiyou / Sol Daystar
- Voiced by: Takuya Eguchi (GO series), Michiyo Murase (Orion)
"Often said to have the kind of talent that only appears once a decade, he is truly a genius soccer player."
- Broken Ace: He speaks disturbingly lightly of his mortality.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: His hair is orange and shaped like the sun's halo.
- Breakout Character: He becomes part of Raimon in Chrono Stone.
- The Captain / Red Armband of Leadership: Of Arakumo Gakuen.
- Composite Character: He's a combination between Hiroto and Ichinose.
- Like Hiroto, he is a Friendly Enemy who likes to play soccer with the protagonist and has an enigmatic personality in the beginning, before the protagonist finds out he's one of his rivals.
- Like Ichinose, he loves soccer, but has a serious medical condition that he tries to prevent from holding him back. His similarity to Ichinose is pointed out by Ishido.
- Determinator: He refused to give up during his match with Raimon, he overexerted his body in an attempt to win and ended up hospitalized, again. Sound familiar?
- Expy: His character, the fact that he has a heart disease and is willing to give everything he has against The Hero makes him very similar to Captain Tsubasa 's Jun Misugi. Both feels insulted when the main character holds back and both are The Ace that their illness holds back.
- First-Name Basis: Which is rare among the opponent players of Raimon's.
- Friendly Enemy: He really just wants to play soccer with Tenma.
- Fighting Spirit: Solar God Apollo and Armed in Chrono Stone.
- Fusion Dance: With Zhuge Liang
- Glass Cannon: Plot-wise, at least. The title for an episode about him was even titled "Glasswork Genius".
- Keet: In the show.
- Ill Boy: He's been having a heart disease ever since he was young.
- The Last Dance: He goes all out while playing as he's well aware he'll probably die soon.
- Light Is Not Good: Until we find out Fifth Sector has nothing to do with his plays.
- Nice Guy: He really is a friendly and nice guy, both with his teammates and his opponents. His team cares for him in return.
- Playing with Fire/The Power of the Sun: His keshin Taiyou Shin Apollo and keshin hissatsu Sunshine Force are this: After he summons his keshin, he gathers orange energy in his hands, then combines the energy and releases it as the keshin is doing the same. Next, the keshin puts the energy in the ball and it takes the appearance of a sun, which Taiyou then kicks towards the goal.
- The Rival: In fact, created to be Tenma's true rival: facing off each other with the passion for soccer. They were also officially likened to the north wind and the sun from Aesop's fables.
- Shock and Awe: In Chrono Stone, while mixi-maxed with Zhuge Liang.
- Stellar Theme Naming: The members of his team, Arakumo Gakuen, are named after the celestial bodies. Tayiou's name means "sun".
- Stepford Smiler: To an extent, type A. Most noticeable when he cheerfully says he'll be okay to Fuyuka, but his smile disappears soon as she's out of his room.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple hair when mixi-maxed. Otherwise, he has a normal hair color.
Senguuji Yamato / Quentin Cinquedea
- The Ace: He can play as a Forward while being a Goalkeeper.
- The Captain / Red Armband of Leadership: Of Dragonlink
- Chess Motifs: Like the rest of Dragonlink. Being The Captain, he's the King.
- Fighting Spirit: Wise King Kingburn
- Final Boss: Being the goalkeeper and captain of the last team you have to face, and having an Avatar, he's essentially this for the game.
- Generation Xerox: He looks exactly like his father, only younger.
- Pride: Which led to his team's downfall. They are so proud of and reliant to their Avatars that if you strip them off, they are reduced to nothing.
Tsurugi Yuuichi / Vladimir Blade
- Voiced by: Tomoaki Maeno
- The Ace: In the altered reality of Chrono Stone, he is an ace striker.
- Beauty Mark: He has a mole below his lower lip.
- Casting a Shadow: During his short time on Raimon in Chrono Stone, he uses both the hissatsu Death Drop and the keshin Ma Senshi Pendragon during the match against Protocol Omega, both having the darkness element.
- Disappears into Light: His alternate timeline self in Chrono Stone.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Has the same hairstyle as his brother in Chrono Stone, which probably signifies that the timeline has been messed with.
- Fighting Spirit: Demon Warrior Pendragon and Armed as well.
- First-Name Basis: Naturally, due to being Tsurugi's brother.
- Fusion Dance: He can fuse with his brother in Chrono Stone.
- Go Out with a Smile: His alternate timeline self in Chrono Stone after Raimon prevent Protocol Omega from interfering with the accident.
- Guest-Star Party Member: His alternate timeline self joined Raimon in Chrono Stone, but only for one match, because after winning the match against Protocol Omega, his alternate self vanished.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He got crippled when saving his brother from falling from a tree. And in Chrono Stone, he doesn't mind returning to the reality where he is crippled at all for his brother's sake, even if it means his alternate timeline self will disappear.
- Ill Boy: He's been living in the hospital for 6 years due to his legs being badly injured in an accident in which he tried to save his brother.
- Morality Pet: It's complicated. His little brother is serving Fifth Sector for his sake, but at the same time because Yuuichi loved soccer, he hates seeing how corrupt it is because of Fifth Sector.
- And of course this is all without Yuuichi's knowledge. Until Episode 16.
- Older Than He Looks: He's 18, but is similar in height to his brother, who is 13.
- Nice Guy
- Ripple Effect-Proof Memory: In Chrono Stone, his memory's unaffected by change in the temporal plane thanks to a special bracelet.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: His motive in Chrono Stone
- Super Ringer: Shows up to help in the match against Protocol Omega in Chrono Stone. Awesomeness ensues.
- Theme Naming: The Avatar of his alternate self is Pendragon, matching his younger brother's Lancelot.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: The same colour as his brother's.
Kinzan Kyouzou / Mister Goldwin
- Right-Hand Cat: Owns one.
Kuroki Zenzou / Saber Sabel
- The Handler: Of Tsurugi.
Ishido Shuuji / Alex Zabel (Gouenji Shuuya / Axel Blaze)
- Voiced by: Hirofumi Nojima
For a list of tropes applying to Ishido Shuuji, see his character entry as Gouenji Shuuya in here.
Senguuji Daigo / Gyan Cinquedea
- Affably Evil: Despite being the Big Bad he seems to honestly want Gouenji to realize his faults and go back to the good side of soccer.. He was also remarkably gracious towards Tenma.
- Big Bad / The Man Behind the Man: He is the actual Big Bad in GO.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He was imprisoned as a child for stealing a soccer ball in an attempt to live out his passion.
- Dark Skinned Red Head: He has dark skin and pink hair.
- Knight Templar: He loves football, but his way to express his love...
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He wants to make sure soccer can be enjoyed equally by all. Unfortunately he thinks he needs to regulate all matches in order to do that.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has pink hair.
Hakuryuu / Bailong
- Voiced by: Jun Fukuyama
- Blow You Away: He also combines it with his light theme.
- Breath Weapon: Shining Dragon's White Breath technique.
- Does Not Like Spam: In the Raimei version of the Chrono Stone game, he reveals that he doesn't like chocolate.
- Evil Albino: Judging from his colour scheme, he might be an albino.
- Meaningful Name: It literally means "white dragon". The same goes for the dub, but in Chinese.
- Multicolored Hair: He is blond but his pony tail is blue-ish.
- Shock and Awe: While mixi-maxed with Zhuge Liang in Chrono Stone.
- Tail Slap: Uses Shining Dragon's tail to beat his opponents.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: Canonically, he has the most moves with this trope.
- His obligatory combination hissatsu with Shuu, Zero Magnum.
- Shining Dragon fuses with Dark Exodus to make Holy Knight Arthur.
- Great Blaster, which makes Tsurugi the yin instead of Shuu.
Shuu / Tezcat
- Voiced by: Miyuki Sawashiro
- Big Damn Hero: In Chrono Stone, he cuts off the A5's attack and spirits Raimon away from the battle.
- Break the Cutie: He tried to stop his sister from being sacrificed into the sea. In doing this he lost everything and grew a hatred for soccer — the method in which the sacrifice was chosen.
- Broken Bird: See Break the Cutie.
- Dark Is Evil: He gets better after the defeat of Team Zero.
- Fighting Spirit: Darkness God Dark Exodus; and Holy Knight Arthur
- Fusion Dance: Asks Wonderba to be Mixi-Maxed with Tenma
- Hair Decorations: Has two blue beads on his forelocks.
- Multicolored Hair: He has two strands that are black, white and red.
- Voiced By: Akiko Kimura
- Animal Motifs: The Moon Rabbit. His hair, he jumps like a rabbit, and his hissatsu are named and themed after rabbits, with the moon appearing in the background. Even his Avatar is a rabbit. His hair also becomes rabbit like and fits his armed form after Miximaxing with Big.
- Big Damn Hero: Cut off Alpha's shot at Tenma in his first appearance.
- Brought Down to Normal: At the end of Chrono Stone.
- Cheerful Child
- Curtains Match the Window: Green hair and green eyes.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: When he gets merged with a tyrannosaurus.
- Fighting Spirit: Lightspeed Fighter Robin and Armed.
- Fusion Dance: Miximax with a Tyrannosaurus and the dinosaur Big.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: He was hiding his avatar because he hates it as his reminds him of the doll his father left him.
- Mr. Exposition: Necessary because Tenma didn't get what was going on.
- Mysterious Waif: Friendly as he is, you have to admit he's been awfully evasive about himself.
- Parental Abandonment: Also his Berserk Button. His mother Nanobana Kinako (yes, that Kinako) died giving birth to him, while his father Asurei Lune left him while he was just a little boy.
- Power Up Full Colour Change: His hair and eyes turn pink when he's merged with that dinosaur.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair: Pink or Blue if he's Mixi-Maxed.
- Spell My Name with an "S": There's usually a divide between the Wiki writers and the subbers whether it's Fei Rune or Fey Lune or some combined variation of the two. It was finally settled when the European localization officially made his name Fei Rune.
Nanobana Kinako / Goldie Lemmon
- Voiced By: Aoi Yuuki
- Action Girl: The only female player in Raimon and was able to compete with Tsurugi.
- Death by Childbirth: For giving birth to Fey Lune.
- Fey, I Am Your Mother: Well, her adult self is.
- Fighting Spirit: Priestess of the Dawn Amaterasu and Armed.
- Fusion Dance: With Master Dragon.
- Genki Girl: You know it's bad when she leaves Tenma speechless.
- Hair Decorations: Orange headband.
- More Deadly Than the Male: She defeated Tsurugi and won her number 10 uniform.
- Motherly Side Plait: Hairstyle seen as an adult.
- The Smurfette Principle: She was the only female player in Raimon.
- Theme Naming: Yellow in the colour theme naming of the girls.
Clark Wonderbat / Clark von Wunderbar
- Voiced By: Hiroyuki Yoshino
- Beary Funny
- Everything Talks
- Large Ham
- Mr. Exposition: Shares this role with Fey regarding the Time Travel business.
- Powerup Full Color Change: Turns pink when excited
- Small Name, Big Ego: Calls himself "The great coach Wonderbat-sama" and is quietly ignored by Raimon team.
Professor Arno Crossword / Doctor Cross Word Cryptix
- The Engineer: He created the time machine.
- Mr. Exposition: His primary role is to explain the mechanics of time travel.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: He has a habit of appearing out of nowhere to explain things, than vanishing just as quickly (often when asked a question that he'd rather not answer).
- Voiced By: Kissho Taniyama and Seth Leslie (English, anime)
- Anti-Villain: He's back, and he's on Raimon's side later... with the rest of El Dorado.
- Fighting Spirit: Ruler of the Skies Phoenix and Armed.
- The Captain: Of Protocol Omega.
- The Dragon: To El Dorado. Subverted as of episode 5, he was dismissed from his position.
- Gratuitous English: Answers questions with "Yes" or "No". It quickly becomes memetic.
- Icy Gray Eyes: His gray eyes show he's the cold and aloof archtype.
- Only Sane Man: When compared to his fellow captains.
- The Stoic: He's decidedly unemotional.
- Theme Naming: Alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet.
- Time Police
- Unusual Ears: They're inexplicably pointy.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has purple hair.
- Voiced By: Mariya Ise
- Action Girl: In addition to being a captain, one of the rare genuine examples in this franchise. Probably doubles as Affirmative Action Girl and Dark Action Girl.
- Anti-Villain: Even the psychotic girl isn't the baddie.
- Ax-Crazy: When she flips into her violent mode.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: She just doesn't seem the type in the beginning.
- The Captain: Of Protocol Omega 2.0
- Contralto of Danger: Her voice becomes considerably deeper, rougher and more aggressive when she switches into her Blood Knight personality, compared to being high, girlish and cutesy in her default mode. note
- Fighting Spirit: Goddess of the Vacant Skies Athena and Armed.
- Flip Personality: Complete with pitch and eye color change.
- Guns Akimbo: Athena has them.
- Mind Control via Mass Hypnosis: But she can only inflict it on those who have given into despair and don't have Avatars. Plus it can only change their emotions of something instead of removing it completely. Such as love for soccer turns to hatred.
- Theme Naming: Beta is the second letter of the Greek alphabet.
- Time Police
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: She is both in one.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has turquoise hair.
- Voiced By: Yuuki Tai (Japanese)
- Anti-Villain: Haven't the two above told you El Dorado isn't the Big Bad of this series?
- Butt-Monkey: The Sorting Algorithm of Evil does not treat Gamma kindly. In the game, Hamano doesn't even remember who he is when he reappears for the Ragnarok Tournament.
- Gratuitous English / Catchphrase: "Smart."
- Mind Control: Like Beta he uses the soccer ball to inflict this on people via Mass Hypnosis.
- The Captain: Of Protocol Omega 3.0.
- Fighting Spirit: Swift Wolf Lycaon and Armed.
- Theme Naming: Gamma is the third letter of the Greek alphabet.
- The Worf Effect: Defeated then controlled afterward in the second ep he appeared, thanks to Zanark.
- Even after getting stronger by Zanark's aura, he loses again when Kirino gets mixi-maxed with Jeanne. Gamma just can't win.
- Break the Haughty: He just can't win.
- Time Police
- Voiced By: Katsuyuki Konishi (Japanese) and Seth Leslie (English, anime)
- Anti-Villain: Another one for Inazuma Eleven, let alone this season. Only after being saved by Nishiki though, he was a full time villain before it.
- Brought Down to Normal: At the end of Chrono Stone from his Second Stage Children genes.
- The Captain: Of Zanark Domain.
- Catchphrase: "I knew you'd say that.", so much so that it became a LINE sticker.◊
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Delivers one to Protocol Omega 3.0 by himself.
- Dark Is Evil
- Dragon with an Agenda: He has no loyalty to El Dorado or their goals and is fighting Raimon to just get his criminal record wiped clean and because it amuses him.
- Enemy Mine: A criminal from the future that's wanted for his crimes and he convinces El Dorado to let him work with them to deal with Raimon.
- Expy: Can be seen as an Expy of Vegeta from his extremely arrogant nature, and the fact that he calls himself "Super Zanark" after Mixi-Maxing with Clara Jane.
- Fighting Spirit: Devil King Zodiac; and Herculean Strength Genbu when Mixi Maxed with Cao Cao and Armed.
- Fusion Dance: With Cao Cao, and later with a hurricane named Clara Jane.
- Hypocrite: Complains about the way Feida does things but had no problem being just as cruel.
- Large Ham: Probably the biggest one in the entire series, that's saying something.
- Make Wrong What Once Went Right: Has no problem with screwing with history even if it causes a Time Paradox. His motivation for doing this is simply For the Evulz.
- Power Incontinence: His power is out of control as he becomes a Second Stage Child.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: His outfit (and by extension Zanark Domain's uniform) is black, red and gold. Devil King Zodiac is all red and black.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Transforming Mecha: His bike can transform into a time travel machine.
- Worthy Opponent: After being 'saved' by Nishiki when his power went out of control, he started to see Nishiki as one.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has dark teal hair.
- Younger Than They Look: Based on Zanark's appearance, you would presume him to be around his mid twenties, but he's evidently young enough to qualify as a Second Stage Child.
Tobu / Sor
- Voiced By: Yukiji
- Accidental Misnaming: Has a tendency to get other people's names wrong.
- Ambiguously Brown: Loses it when he Miximaxes with his father.
- Fighting Spirit: Ancient Warrior Jaggerwock and Armed.
- Friend to All Living Things: To Dinosaurs at least.
- Fusion Dance: With his Quetzalcoatlus father.
- Nice Skull: Wears one in his hair.
- Parental Abandonment: He was lost in time during the time travel experiments done by El Dorado. His parents made sure he was in a escape pod and ejected him. They're also still alive though he wishes to stay in prehistoric times.
- Raised By Quetzalcoatlus: After his time capsule got mixed with Tochan's egg, Torb was mistaken for his son.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: He can talk to dinosaurs.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has green hair.
Ray Rukh / Ar Ecks
- Voiced By: Kouno Yutaka
- Anti-Villain: Yeah, the weird looking creepy guy still isn't the Big Bad.
- Bald of Evil: His hairstyle is a buzz-cut, close enough to count.
- Black Knight: He's the Black Knight that brainwashes the Master Dragon.
- The Captain: Of Perfect Cascade.
- Combat Pragmatist: Will use any situation or tricks to his advantage if it will ensure his team will level up as they attempt to fulfill their mission.
- Dragon Rider: He's the "dark knight" from King Arthur's story who brainwashed and controled the Master Dragon.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Has Diamond shaped pupils.
- Evil Counterpart: To Fey Lune. To the point that their names sound very similar.
- Fighting Spirit: Artificial Avatar Plasma Shadow OF and Armed.
- Just Toying with Them: Uses Practice mode against Raimon and Normal Dive when they all bring out the Miximax and armed.
- Kick the Dog: Smiles at the fact that he caused the elderly and dying dinosaur Rockstar to die sooner than expected by mind controlling her. Also brainwashing the Master Dragon and being willing to let her get killed so he can have a chance of taking out Raimon and erasing them along with King Arthur's world.
- Mind Control: Inflicts this on the Dinosaur Rockstar and the Master Dragon. Uses the Mass Hypnosis on Dinosaurs to make them attack bot his team and Raimon's.
- Purple Is Powerful: Wears a purple cape, has glowing purple eyes, and has magic that is purple when he's the Black Knight.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: His avatar or when he's armed.
- Robotic Reveal: Turns out him and the rest of his team are androids.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Probably the most egregious example in the series. One could spell his name as any of the following: Ray Rukh (as stated above), Ray Ruke, Rei Rukh, Rey Ruke, Rei Ruku, Lay Luke, and so on.
- Super Form: He has a "Hyper Dive Mode" which allows him to release even greater limits.
- The Stoic: Even when he's smiling.
Saryuu Evan (Codename: SARU) / Simeon Ayp
- Voiced By: Nobuhiko Okamoto
- Animal Motif: Apes.
- Big Bad: Yes, Inazuma Eleven always likes to screw viewers' minds up by turning things upside down under their noses. He IS the Big Bad, and all El Dorado is doing is to stop him furthering his plans.
- An Offer You Can't Refuse: Gives one to El Dorado.
- Blessed with Suck: Even with all the power that comes with being a Second Stage Child, he won't live past twenty.
- Brought Down to Normal: After he loses along with the rest of Feida.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Though it happened near the end of the match rather after officially getting beaten.
- Fantastic Racism: Towards normal humans.
- Goggles Do Nothing: His goggles are simply an accessory.
- La Résistance: Leader of Feida.
- Anti-Hero: Feida, or Second Stage Children are the last antagonists in this series.
- Luke, You Are My Father: Heavily implied to be Tenma's direct descendent, though never actually stated. His face being identical to Tenma's is a major reveal in the games.
- The Social Darwinist: He believes that everyone who isn't blessed with the Second Stage Children genes should be killed for being weak and is in the way of the evolution of mankind.
- Take Over the World: Feida's goal.
- White Hair, Black Heart
Meia / Mehr and Giris / Ghiris
- Voiced By: Hinako Sasaki (Meia), Takuya Eguchi (Giris)
- Brought Down to Normal: Along with the rest of Feida.
- The Captain: Meia of Team Giru.
- Elemental Powers:
- Fighting Spirit: Passionate Lovers ♂ and Passionate Lovers ♀.
- Genius Bruiser: The ones who make the tools that Feida uses.
- The Power of Love: Meia uses it in her technique Lovers Rapier.
- Royal Rapier: Both Passionate Lovers have one and use them in their techniques.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts
El DoradoA group of elderly men who rule the world in the future. in order to erase the rebelling Second Stage Children from history they are attempting to Ret Gone soccer so that they will never be born, as they are descended from soccer players. The two named members are Sakamaki Togurou and the leader Toudou Heikichi.
- Voiced By: Masaki Aizawa (Toudou), Kouji Ishii (Togurou)
- Big Bad: Of Chrono Stone.
- Combat Pragmatist: Togurou will use Dinosaurs or anything else that can help in defeating Raimon.
- Evil Old Folks
- Fantastic Racism: Towards Second Stage Children.
- Mr. Exposition: El Dorado sometimes serve this role. Such as Todou explaining why they don't just interfere on a greater scale in the past and how Tobu ended up in the past.
- Ret Gone: Attempting to wipe soccer from existence to wipe out the Second Stage Children. Also attempt to wipe out anyone connected to soccer that gets in their way.
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecy: Believed that Second Stage Children would become a threat to the world so they experimented on and tried to wipe them out on top of being racist to them. It was because of this very mistreatment that they created Feida to strike back against El Dorado and the world at large.
- Was It Really Worth It?: Togurou questions whether they did the right thing by preventing humanity from evolving to the next level.
- You Have Failed Me: Whenever a member of Protocol Omega fails enough they are sent to Infinity Prison.
Helper X / Benefactor X (Asurei Rune / Aslei Rune)
- Daddy Had a Good Reason for Abandoning You: He left his son not just to protect his position in El Dorado, but also to protect him from experimented on or who knows what else by them.
- Disappeared Dad: To Fey.
- The Mole: Is giving info on El Dorado to Saru.
- Mysterious Employer: Funded Fifth Sector in order to find Second Stage Children.
- Papa Wolf: Joined Feida to watch over his son. He also sent his wife when she was a young girl back in time to watch over him as well.
- "X" Makes Anything Cool: Helper X.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair: The same colour as his son, no less.
Master Dragon / Queen of Dragons
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Due to being controlled by Rei Rukh.
- Dark Is Evil: Only because she's brainwashed.
- Light Is Good: Her true appearance.
- Empathic Environment: The sky turns dark when she appears.
- Giant Flyer: A giant flying dragon.
- Gold and White Are Divine: When not brainwashed
- Our Dragons Are Different: Resembles a Eastern Dragon.
- Paint It Black: When brainwashed.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: In her brainwashed form, she has red eyes.
- Telepathy: Communicates with Kinako this way.
Kuroiwa Ryuusei / Astero Black ( Kageyama Reiji / Ray Dark)The new coach for Inazuma Japan as well as the Second Stage Children Team Excellar in the games, famous for his merits outside of Japan and asked personally to be the coach. Believed to be Kageyama and is working with Endou Mamoru.
For a list of tropes applying to Kuroiwa Ryuusei, see his character entry as Kageyama Reiji in here.
Mizukawa Minori / Glacia Vessal
- Voiced By: Ayahi Takagaki
- Ms. Exposition: Explains a bit of what the contracted members are known for in the first episode.
- Emotionless Girl: Will occasionally crack a smile but otherwise, she is quite monotone and expressionless
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has dark green hair.
Ibuki Munemusa / Terry Archibald
- Voiced By: Tatsuhisa Suzuki
- Determinator: Is taking his role as goalkeeper seriously and is trying his hardest. Resulting in him butting heads with Shindou since Shindou won't let him try to stop the ball and does it in his place.
- Heel Realization: Well, not exactly on the verge of a HeelFace Turn, but the last match to the semi-finals made him realize his faults.
- I Work Alone : This was what had gotten his old club's teammates and him to split up. He thinks that it's all because of him that the basketball team continues to win and tells the team to leave everything concerning the victory to him when Basketball requires a team working together to win, it ended up fueling his ego and do things on his own. Which lead to the basketball team's downfall. It was another reason why Shindou looked down on him at first. Luckily, he gets better and realized his mistake.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: He realizes that he isn't good at the game, but he won't stop trying until Shindou no longer looks down on him.
Morimura Konoha / Trina Verdure
- Voiced By: Aoi Yuuki
- Badass Adorable: Seriously, have you seen her?
- The Empath:
- When Kusaka gets into a fight with the Saudi Arabia players, she immediately deduces he is scared of becoming alone and tells both him and Tenma.
- Seems to know her team mates habbits which is why she noticed something was wrong from the Fake Tsurugi
- Friend to All Living Things: Finds comfort in animals, who are equally friendly to her.
- I Meant to Do That: Inverted. She fully intended to miss all five goals, but she kicked the ball in such a way that in her first try, it entered the goal.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: She loves animals in general but cats commonly seen around her (she even saved one from a car accident).
- The Load: Or at least that's what she believes to be.
- Shrinking Violet: She's never played sports before and gets scared easily. Even getting scared when Shindou was mad.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has dark green hair.
Minaho Kazuto / Keenan Sharpe
- Voiced By: Tsubasa Yonaga
- Amateur Sleuth: He's learning in order to become a true detective.
- Disappeared Dad: His father died when he was still a child.
Manabe Jinichirou / Zippy Lermer
- I Meant to Do That: During the Australia match where he tries to shoot but accidentally trips, tipping the ball in. When Tenma congratulates him on his goal, Manabe says this.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has light purple hair.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Says he hates his parents but in fact, he hates himself for not meeting his father's expectations.
Tetsukado Shin / Frank ForemanJoined Inazuma Japan in order to fix his family's fishing boat.
- Ambiguously Brown: Although he might be black, considering his dreadlocks.
- Berserk Button: His injury that he got while stopping a man who was mugging a woman.
- Dreadlock Rasta: He's also one of the members wants to leave the team no matter what.
- Expy/Shoutout: While it's not a physical resemblance, he has a similar back story to another in a certain boxing anime.
Kusaka Ryuuji / Buddy Fury
- Voiced By: Fumihiro Okabayashi
- Berserk Button: Being insulted sends him into a fit of rage. By episode 9 his 'furious mode' is revealed.
- Eyes Always Shut: Unless he gets mad, then he opens them.
- Japanese Delinquent: Leader of a gang of other delinquents? Check. Wears a bandana over his head. Check. Prone to violent outbursts and fighting? Check. Has an extremely hot-blooded nature when roused? Check. One of his Hissatsu Shots is a stereotypical pose for yankee types? Check. Yes, we have a bonafide Delinquent.
- Super Strength: Seems to be one of the stronger characters on the team especially after his 'furious mode' is controlled.
Nozaki Sakura / Cerise Blossom
- Voiced By: Aya Endo
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Has no problem hurting her own teammates or making them look bad to make herself look good.
- Lonely at the Way to the Top: Her parents pressured her to become the best in the world. As a result, she often tries to make herself stand out at the expense of the safety of her own teammates. Obviously, this meant that she wasn't very liked at her old club.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has pink hair.
Matatagi Hayato / Falco Flashman
- Voiced By: Kaito Ishikawa
- Ambiguously Brown
- Big Brother Instinct: Is quite protective of his younger brothers, especially with his dad gone and his mother sick.
- Darker and Edgier: His dark side form is a literal example of this.
- Disappeared Dad: His dad left him.
- Fragile Speedster: He's very fast, but he has no defensive hissatsu techniques currently so he can't defend himself against incoming opponents.
- Hidden Depths: Appears to be a cheerful guy but has rather a "dark side" that so far Minaho's has figured out. This can be seen through the advice he has given to both his brothers and Minaho
- Taking the Heat: For his brothers whenever they steal something.
- Values Dissonance (In-Universe): The advice he gives in episode 8 to his younger brother when he was caught hiding his friend's toy.
- And in the next episode, the suggestion he secretly tells Minaho after he and Manabe got into a fight.
Katra Paige / Catora Peiji
Lalaya Obies / Roleia Orbes
- Anti-Villain: She loves and is loved by her people, just wanting them to be happy and smile. The reason why she kidnaps Tsurugi is because she feels that her planet will be even better.
- Damsel in Distress: Is later imprisoned along with Tsurugi for knowing too much.
- Everything Is Better With Princesses: Is now the Queen of Faram Obius due to her late father. Subverted though since Ruza Donolzen is actually the ruling (and a corrupted one too).
- Genki Girl: Is very childish and cheerful.
- High Class Gloves: Purple ones.
- I Have You Now, My Pretty / And Now You Must Marry Me: Definitely a milder example but She kidnaps Tsurugi for this. However, she gives the choice to him and has yet to decide consequences if he refuses and doesn't seem to have the intention of hurting him.
- Pimped-Out Dress: As Queen of Faram Obius.
- Rapunzel Hair: It goes past her knees.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has purple hair.
Kazerma Woorg / K-aran Uogu
Barga Zachs / Ogar Circes
- The Big Guy: He is by far the brawniest of the Shitennou.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Yellow, compared to the rest of Faram Obius' humanlike skintones.
Hilary Flail / Rondula Flehl
- Combat Tentacles: Her hair strands can apparently electrocute people (though this is not seen in the games)
- Dark Action Girl: Is introduced by using her hair as tentacles and electrocuting Powai Pichor for talking back at her.
- Eyepatch of Power: Wears one and is a Dark Action Girl.
- Make-Up Is Evil: She wears blue eyeshadow and lipstick.
- Multicolored Hair: She has blue and purple hair.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair goes past her knees.
- Skirt over Slacks / Modesty Shorts: She wears a kama over a skort (from the front ,it looks like a skirt but from behind and below, they are shorts)
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is mostly light blue, but it also has some light purple near the tips.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
Powai Pichori / Plink Powai
Rodan Gasgus / Bala Gasgula
Arbega Gordon / Aoba Gyr
Ryugel Baran / Ruger Baran
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Repeatedly fooled by Minaho's "Look, a UFO!" technique, even as he knows what's happening. He's not happy about it.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: To be fair, he frequently knows what he's talking about, but even when he doesn't he puts on airs as though he does.
- Those Two Guys: With Gandales.
Gandales Baran / Gandares Baran
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Easily fooled by Minaho's "Look, a UFO!" technique, and is more oblivious about it than Ryugel.
- Big Brother Worship: Big time. Pretty much anytime Ryugel says or does anything, Gandales either calls him smart or amazing, or both.
- The Ditz: Said Big Brother Worship occurs even when he has no idea what Ryugel is talking about.
- Those Two Guys: With Ryugel.
Banda Koloogyu / Banda Krogue
Bitway Ozrock / Ozrock Boldar
- Big Bad: In the Galaxy season.
- Evil Sounds Deep
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Shades of this both when serious and before he uses his Soul.
- Hellish Pupils: He has slanted, cat-like pupils.
- Hidden Agenda Villain: Until the finale, that is.
- Tentacled Terror: Bitway's Soul, Ixaal.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has green hair.