Please note that all Japanese characters are in Last Name First Name order.
open/close all folders
Umihara Norika/Sandra Fischer
- Voiced by: Ai Kayano
- Ambiguously Absent Parent: Her father is never seen or mentioned. When her team was about to leave the island and go to Tokyo, she mentioned that she didn't want to leave her mother alone, strongly implying she might have a single mother, but the reason for her father's absence is not clear.
- Can't Catch Up: Her repeatedly failed attempts at saving goals using Uzumaki the Hand make her feel self-conscious about not being as strong as the boys. As a result, she becomes determined to get stronger and learns her second solo hissatsu, Mermaid Veil.
- First-Name Basis: Like almost any other girl, she's called by her first name among her teammates.
- Good Parents: Norika is very close to her mother. She often helped her with swimming and cared about her enough to help her with the family business. In fact, Norika's only concern with leaving the country to go to Tokyo was concern for her mother's safet, who in turn was supportive of her decision. A simple picture of her motivated Norika to master her first hissatsu technique.
- Love Freak: She becomes excited at the news of romance. As shown when she hears that Haizaki tries to help Akane, assuming that she's his girlfriend.
- Making a Splash: Norika creates her first catch hissatsu: Uzumaki The Hand. Norika punches forward, expelling a screwing wave of water that forms a hand, and stops an incoming soccer ball as the water reels back to her.
- The Smurfette Principle: She is the only girl from Inakuni Raimon.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has dark green hair.
Hiyori Masakatsu/Kiko Calavento
- Blow You Away: With training from sweeping floors with his feet, Hiyori develops Shooting Cut, spinning with his left left to create a tornado that haltes the speed of an incoming soccer ball.
- Nice Hat: He wears a brown one.
Mansaku Yuuichirou/Trevor Cook
- Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai
- Blow You Away: He learnt Spark Wind by a special training from Zhao Jinyun, a technique which involves him spinning in the air and creating a whirlwind which flows the opponent in the air.
- Hunk: He's tall, well-built and handsome.
- Nice Hat: His most identifiable aspect.
Hattori Hanta/Nino Nango
- Affectionate Nickname: His best friend Iwato seems to call him Han-chan.
- Alliterative Name: Hattori Hanta in the original and Nino Nango in the dub.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The little guy to Iwato's big guy. While Iwato is more positive and optimistic, Hanta can be skeptical and concerned. This becomes more noticeable in the match against Teikoku.
- Fanboy: He's a big fan of ninjas, from reading books to watching movies to dressing up as one. Mansaku even calls him a ninja nerd.
- Genre Savvy: His first solo hissatsu, Ninpou Gamagaeru, is inspired from a ninja technique he had seen in a movie.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: He's always hanging out with Iwato.
- Meaningful Name: His name, ninja like appearance and speed refer to Hattori Hanzo, an infamous ninja and samurai of the 1600s.
- Nice Hat: More like a nice scarf in this case, one that he wears like a hat with bunny ears.
- Older Than They Look: He's about the same age as his teammates, but he only reaches their hips and looks much younger.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: He wears one around his neck and head, giving him the appearance of a ninja. It later turns out that he doesn't wear this just for style, he really knows ninja skills.
- Spotting the Thread: The first member of Inakuni Raimon to notice something was up with Teikoku's plays, and being the only defender/player other than Norika to recklessly aim for the goal and waste their stamina. He was also the first member of the team to notice Li Kobun's manipulations of the team's chores and connection to the coach.
Iwato Takashi/Cliff Parker
- Voiced by: Kenta Miyake
- The Big Guy: He's the biggest guy in the team.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The big guy to Hattori's little guy.
- Chekhov's Gunman: In the first few episodes, he writes love letters to somebody named Hikaru, who later turns out to be a guy. These scenes may not seem to have an impact on the main story, until it's revealed that Hikaru is Ichihoshi Mitsuru's younger brother, who became paralized due to a car accident and is the reason why Mitsuru joined the Disciples of Orion.
- Dishing Out Dirt: He knows The Wall.
- Gentle Giant: One of the hardest to annoy members, who in fact doesn't like seeing others arguing.
- Gonk: Too fat, too square head and too flat haircut.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: He's best friend with Hattori and they are always hanging out together.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: His teammates call him "Golem" rather than by name, especially Hanta.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Of Kabeyama. The biggest guy in the team, check. His best friend is one of the shortest members, check. Has a unique Verbal Tic, check. His main hissatsu is "The Wall", check. Among other things.
- Verbal Tic: He ends his sentences with "gosu". Lampshaded by Atsuya, who makes fun of the way he talks.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has dark blue hair.
Michinari Tatsumi/Maxime Dassier
- Voiced by: Ryohei Kimura
- The Captain: Of the old Inakuni team before their club was destroyed and Inakuni Raimon.
- Dance Battler: Flash Dance. He dances with a partner, whom he throws in the air and the partner kicks the ball towards the goal. Michinari was supposed to do it with Goujin, but Hiyori steals his place, much to Goujin's dismay.
- Heroic RRoD: His combination hissatsu Victory Line is a very powerful shoot that was able to break through Endou's Fujin Raijin, but performing the shoot caused his leg to burn up, because he forced himself through determination to complete it. This forced him to sit out of the finals.
- Hunk: He's tall, well-built and handsome.
- Out of Focus: Despite being the captain, he gets little to no screentime and has yet to learn a hissatsu. This was also acknowledged in-universe in episode 18, because he along with Goujin were the only members to not have a hissatsu technique. The most focus he had was being interviewed as captain of the team and learning and performing the technique against Eisei.
- He finally gets some focus in the match against Endou's team, but he gets injured in that match and can't play in the finals coming into this trope once more.
- Red Armband of Leadership: He wears one, like most team captains. The Inakuni armband is blue and the Inakuni Raimon one is red.
Hiura Kirina/Valentin Eisner
- Voiced by: Soma Saito
- Ambiguously Absent Parent: When his team was about to leave the island and go to Tokyo, the only family member he announced about his departure was his grandmother. His parents were nowhere in sight, neither were they mentioned.
- Bishōnen: One of the prettiest guys in the new series.
- Chaste Hero: It's repeatedly shown he does not understand romance. He reacts with confusion towards Coach Zhao's pervertedness and is shown to be a Clueless Chick Magnet.
- An Ice Person: Ice Arrow, which allows him to freeze the ball before kicking it up high in the air.
- Innocently Insensitive: When he tells Goujin and Michinari the reason why they were the only members still left without a hissatsu:Hiura: I see. You both got swept under when the rest of us were all on top creating hissatsu techniques.Goujin and Michinari: Hey!
- Meaningful Name: The first kanji in Hiura "氷" means ice, in reference to his hissatsu Ice Arrow.
- Spotting the Thread: He realizes Mutekigahara Fujimaru's name is fake after he notices that his last name corresponds with the name of the lake he's fishing in and his first name corresponds with the name of the boat he' standing near.
- Wholesome Cross Dresser: He can pull off a female nurse getup.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has light blue hair.
Okuiri Hiro/César Montalbán
- Voiced by: Natsuki Hanae
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Similarly to Megane, he has the habit of doing this.
- Combat Commentator: Hiro is more active on the soccer field than Megane, but occasionally names new techniques for his team members who didn't create their own.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has dark blue hair.
Goujin Tetsunosuke/Adriano Donati
- Voiced by: Shunsuke Takeuchi
- Accidental Misnaming: He mistakes Fire Tornado's name as "Fire Lemonade". In Episode 18 it's implied he may not be misnaming it, he actually wants to turn it into an actual Hissatsu technique since he was on the island. He describes it as "Fire Tornado combined with the explosive fizzle of a carbonated drink" which also shows he's capable of pronouncing the name correctly. He succeeds in episode 26.
- A flashback with his dad shows he got the name from him who looked up information about soccer for his son, but couldn't remember the name. Goujin then thought the name sounds awesome and devoted himself to mastering the hissatsu without knowing it never existed in the first place.
- Ambiguously Brown: The obligatory dark-skinned character that doesn't look like any particular race.
- Brick Joke: The hissatsu he thought of Fire Lemonade finally became a real technique in Episode 26 and it was even used to make the winning goal for the finals.
- Butt-Monkey: His teammates tend to make fun of him sometimes because of his personality and lack of knowledge and despite wanting to have a hissatsu technique the most out of Inakuni Raimon, but as of episode 18, he's the only member to not have one. He finally gets one in Episode 23, Back Draft.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He's the Butt-Monkey of the team and often fizzles out on his shots. However, his true strength comes from his surprising accurate instincts, being able to redirect missed shots with surprising accurately. Eventually this even turns into his Hissatsu Backdraft. It turned out, he was completely serious about making Fire Lemonade into an actual Hissatsu. All of his shoot attempts while saying Fire Lemonade were actually attempts at performing it. They all failed until he succeeds in episode 26.
- Then there is the fact he was chosen for Inazuma Japan as a forward over other strikers such as his teammate Kozoumaru Sasuke, Fubuki Atsuya and Someoka Ryuugo who in turn have better records or more Hissatsu Techniques.
- His accurate instincts were also shown outside of soccer in Orion #7. In which he saw someone with a camera who planned to take pictures of Haizaki and Hiroto beating up Ichihoshi in order to cause more problems for Inazuma Japan.
- Hot-Blooded: He's very fiery and easily irritable, which results in him nearly beating up Kozoumaru for his arrogance and the coach for his strange training menu.
- Mundane Solution: How does he manage to defeat Saginuma's Wormhole which has already stopped Fire Tornado despite having no hissatsu? Well, he simply predicts where the ball is going to land, and intercept it. Eventually he is able to make it into his hissatsu Back Draft.
- Nice Guy: Despite his rather Hot-Blooded behavior and short temper, he's still a very nice guy even to Ichihoshi who's a spy working for the antagonists of Orion.
- Secret Weapon: According to Zhao Jinyun this is the reason why he hasn't partook in matches of Inazuma Japan, since he's their secret weapon and that using him now would be too early.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: He finally gets a hissatsu in episode 23, Back Draft. In the last episode of the first season of Ares no Tenbin he finally creates the technique he dreamed of, Fire Lemonade.
- Use Your Head: Uses a lot of headbutts in his shots.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: When it finally came the time for him to learn a hissatsu, Michinari ended up doing it with Hiyori instead, leaving Goujin the only one without a hissatsu.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has purple hair.
Inamori Asuto/Sonny WrightFor tropes applying to Inamori Asuto visit his entry here.
Kozoumaru Sasuke/Basile Hardy
- Brutal Honesty: He has no problem telling his teammates that they have no chance to win.
- Formerly Fat: In Ares and at the beginning of Orion, he is fat. By the time he became a member of Inazuma Japan in episode 34, he slimmed down considerably.
- Identical Stranger: His new appearance in Orion makes him look alike to Gouenji physically. Heck, most of the members in Inazuma Japan mistook him for Gouenji until the latter appeared himself.
- Irony: Despite treating his teammates with disrespect, he partook in the most amount of combination hissatsu's along with Asuto.
- Jerkass: He treats his teammates with complete disrespect and isn't careful at what comes out of his mouth.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: However he still cares about his teammates.
- Multicolored Hair: His hair is mostly dark purple, but around his temples it's grey.
- The Napoleon: He's rather short but very rude and impulsive. Averted when he reappears in Orion with a growth spurt.
- Playing with Fire: He knows Fire Tornado.
- A Day in the Limelight: The spin-off manga, Inazuma Eleven Penguin no Tsugumono is all about them.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: They easily wipe the floor with Inakuni Raimon, winning the match at 10-1.
- Stellar Theme Naming: At least some of the members had a theme naming referencing the twelve stellar zodiacs.
- Curtains Match the Window: Brown Hair and brown eyes.
- Peek-a-Bangs: His left eye is covered by his hair, though it can still be seen from the right angle. Fittingly enough, he's one of the shiest characters from the franchise, if not the most.
- Shrinking Violet: He's implied to be shy judging from his license picture and body language in general.
- Bishōnen: Even in a team full of attractive guys, he's still one of the prettiest.
- The Captain: Of Seishou Gakuen.
- Multicolored Hair: His hair is light blue at the top and a darker blue at the bottom.
- Red Armband of Leadership: He wears one, like most team captains. His armband is blue.
- Scars Are Forever: In the manga Inazuma Eleven Heir of Penguins, it's revealed he has a lightning-shaped scar on his hip, which he got in his childhood after being hit by a car.
- Technicolor Eyes: He has blue and purple eyes.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has blue hair.
- Alliterative Name: Saotome Seiya.
- Cat Smile: Sports this kind of smile on the official site and on his license picture.
- Curtains Match the Window: His eyes are shown to be red in some scenes, the same colour as his hair.
- Multicolored Hair: He has purple and gray hair.
Haizaki RyouheiFor tropes applying to Haizaki Ryouhei visit his entry here.
Kidou YuutoFor tropes applying to Kidou Yuutou visit his entry here.
Shimerigawa Kageru/Grotley Bogwash
- Voiced by: Hiroki Shimowada
- The Captain: During his only match, he insists on having Sakuma's captain band. Sakuma gets it back after Kageyama doesn't need him anymore.
- Fiery Redhead: His hair is more off a faded ginger color, but he definitely fits personality-wize. He's prone to throwing a tantrum when things don't go the way he wants.
- Hate Sink: No one in his team even remotely likes him due to being nothing more than an arrogant Spoiled Brat who is a jerk to the others, in addition to being completely untalented. Also, most characters in this show who are evil or at least jerkasses have some redeeming qualities, they often have reasons to be like that and they eventually become a better person, but the same can't be said about him.
- Hypocrite: He makes fun of his teammates' difficulty to play due to their special shoes slowing them down and gets angry when the defenders fail to stop Asuto's shoot, but he has no talent whatsoever.
- Never My Fault: When Kozoumaru score the first goal goal, he blames the defenders for not stopping the ball, even though it's mainly the goalkeeper's job to stop it. Granted, he probably never played soccer before, but still.
- Small Name, Big Ego: He's very full of himself and believes there's a good reason why Kageyama put him on the team. Kageru was actually put on the team because he needed somebody weak to boost up Raimon's confidence.
- Spoiled Brat: Definitely has the attitude, with how he bosses the others around. When they don't do the things he expects, he yells at them and threatens them with his father's ability to expel them.
- Voiced by: Mamoru Miyano
- Adaptational Jerkass: Downplayed, as Atsuya is already a pretty massive Jerkass, but Ares shows that his teammates would beat him up for it.
- Animal Battle Aura: He has two hissatsus with similar names which showcase a bear.
- Badass Arm-Fold: In the first episode of Outer Code, he's often seen with his arms crossed.
- Breakout Character: Being one of the most voted characters by fans to join Inazuma Japan is what earned him a place in the team in Orion.
- Fiery Redhead: Mostly because of his arrogant attitude towards the others, which is especially shown towards Nae, whom he finds annoying.
- An Ice Person: By default, due to being part of Hakuren.
- In-Series Nickname: He is called "The Bear Killer", a pun on his hissatsu Deadly Bear Killer.
- Jerkass: He likes to say bad things to his teammates and especially his opponents in order to annoy them. This is what messed up Raimon's play in the first half
- Jerkass Has a Point: He does have a point, as a team which is bothered by mere trash-talk isn't really worthy of advancing any further.
- One-Man Army: Did this against Ishikari, his teammates doesn't take this too kindly despite the fact that this tired them out, allowing Hakuren to score by the second half.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Well, minus the twins part.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The fiery red oni to Shirou's gentle blue oni. Colour-Coded for Your Convenience, no less.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: He wears his trademark scarf which belonged to him before becoming Shirou's Tragic Keepsake in the original series.
- Sibling Team: With Shirou, whom he has two combination hissatsu with.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Unlike his Nice Guy brother Shirou, Atsuya would go out of his way to piss off his teammates; to the point of them trying to beat up Atsuya.
- Spared by the Adaptation: He survived the avalanche which killed him in the original series.
Shiratoya Nae/Bunny Cottontail
- Voiced by: Inori Minase
- Animal Motifs: Bunnies. Her father and coach owns the "Shirousagi note " Honpo company, her hissatsu Shirousagi Dash-oot involves her summoning cute bunnies and her fans wear headbands with bunny ears.
- Genki Girl: She's very cheerful and optimistic, having joined Hakuren's soccer club only because she wants to have fun.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Not the lonely brooding variant, but she was a track-and-field athlete prior to becoming a soccer player. Once when she was training she saw the Hakuren team play soccer together, and she thought that she wanted to play with friends rather than be "alone" as a runner.
- Instant Expert: Despite being a newcomer who up to that point she had only played soccer for a few minutes, and even though her plays start off a bit rocky, she's soon able to catch up with the boys and learn her first hissatsus.
- Passionate Sports Girl: She loves to play soccer just for fun and enjoys making friends with Hakuren even if some of them find her annoying.
- Plucky Girl: She is determined to be at the same level as the rest of the team and isn't disheartened when Atsuya tried to undermine her for lack of experience.
- Spoiled Sweet: She is presumably rich since her father is the president of the company that sponsors her team, but is a nice girl to everyone, even to Atsuya.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Despite having little practice in soccer which means she tend to screw-up, her natural speed allows her to get the ball back before other players can catch it.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has light purplish-pink hair.
- Voiced by: Toshiki Masuda
- A God Am I: Refers to himself as Eisei Gakuen's god striker.
- Big Ego, Hidden Depths: Underneath his cocky attitude was a lonely boy who had grown apathetic and convinced that his father never looked at him no matter what he does.
- Big Fancy House: He lives in a huge mansion.
- Blasphemous Boast: Gives one out to the soon to be Eisei Gakuen soccer team.All of you will bow down to meTo Eisei's god striker, Master Kira Hiroto!
- Delinquent Hair: His hair is messy and some of its strands are dyed white.
- Evil Laugh: Does this after his Blasphemous Boast mentioned above.
- First-Name Basis: One of the few Japanese male characters called by their given name.
- For Want of a Nail: Due to being Spared by the Adaptation, the entire Aliea Academy Arc never happened.
- Japanese Delinquents: He's gotten into several fights with other people, so much so that he could be arrested if he keeps up. This is why he is a part of Eisei Gakuen's soccer team.
- Jerkass: A part of Eisei Gakuen's theme with goodness and garbage, we all know where he fits in here.
- Lonely Rich Kid: He was often left alone at home when his father went to work to take care of the kids from Sun Garden and he used to play soccer just by himself, unlike the kids from the orphanage who played together.
- Multicolored Hair: His hair is gray with white highlights. It's likely dyed, because as a child, he had completely gray hair.
- Pet the Dog: He offered to help Ichihoshi get the money needed for his brother's operation with help from his father. This doesn't actually happen, because they soon discover that the Ichihoshi they knew is actually Hikaru and the older brother Mitsuru is dead. But it's still a very nice gesture coming from him.
- Running Gag: He always gets interrupted when he tries to say God Striker.
- Spared by the Adaptation: He didn't die like in the original series. Justified, since his death was the main reason why his father started the alien project, but here aliens don't attack the earth.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: If the brief flashbacks of his childhood are anything to go by, he used to be a nice kid and once got along with Tatsuya until he had enough of his father focusing on other things and gave him the idea that his father didn't care about Hiroto.
- The Unfavorite: He certainly felt this way when he saw his father giving a lot of affectionate gestures to Tatsuya and it just gets worse from there until he had enough.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: He used to wish and earn his father's approval until one day, he just had enough.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: As seen in episode 22 of Orion, he's afraid of flight.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: His combination hissatsu with Haizaki, Penguin The God & Devil, which combines his light energy with Haizaki's dark energy, resulting in angel and demon penguins.
- You Don't Look Like You: Looks absolutely nothing like the original Kira Hiroto.
- Voiced by: Takahashi Rie
- An Ice Person: He practiced Ice Arrow offscreen after watching Hiura use it and replicated it. In episode 6 of Orion, he uses it to freeze the ball after kicking it into the hidden blade of Luci's cleats. The next hit shatters the ice and breaks away the ball, forcing Luci's cheating tatics out.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: He has tanned skin and crimson hair.
- Determinator: Just like Endou, he won't ever give up in a soccer match. He'll even force himself to learn a hissatsu function on his own if he finds it cool enough to try.
- Guile Hero: He's a Nice Guy, but is surprisingly perceptive, on and off the field. Despite not realizing the Disciples of Orion's manipulations, he catches onto Australia's cheating after being cut in the leg and creates two plans on the fly to stop one of the players, Luci from using their cleats to damage him or the other defenders on the team.
- The Lancer: Endou's right hand man in Tonegawa Tousen and libero to his goalkeeper of the team, and in Orion's Inazuma Japan.
- Voiced by: Ami Koshimizu
- Anthropomorphic Transformation: Justified since she's a Tanuki. She still looks human enough with the only hint left that she is one is the leaf on top of her head.
- Genki Girl: Her brief stint as a human shows her as a cheerful person.
- Team Pet: As her Tanuki form, she's the mascot for Tonegawa Tousen's soccer team.
Nishikage Seiya/Duske Grayling
- Voiced By: Kenichi Suzumura
- Final Boss: Alongside Nosaka, he's the final goalkeeper Inakuni Raimon needs to break through in order to win the Football Frontier.
- Former Delinquent: He used to be a yankee before he encountered Nosaka.
- Now You Tell Me: Nishikage had no idea Nosaka had a brain tumor. After Anna assumed he knew, Nishikage heads straight to Nosaka, angered that he wasn't told about it.
- One Steve Limit: He shares his given name with that of Tobitaka Seiya (coincidentally, both of them are or used to be delinquents) and Saotome Seiya.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: The straight man, reserved Only Sane Man who is often surprised by Nosaka's ever changing personality.
- The Stoic: Nishikage doesn't lose his cool or show much emotion unless in situations where Nosaka is in a serious condition or illness.
- Undying Loyalty: Watching Nosaka risk his life to save another child in a burning building gave Nishikage the thought of changing his life around for the better. After that day, he swore to be by Nosaka's side.
- Younger Than They Look: He's very tall and muscular for a 13-years-old.
Miyano Akane/Candice Blanchet
- Break the Cutie: What Ares no Tenbin did to her. Due to some technique errors in the program, it ended up damaging her brain and rendering her comatose for a while.
- Broken Bird: Used to be for a while, but she got better through medical rehabilitation. However, she continues to pretend to be one in order for Nosaka to investigate more about the Ares program.
- Childhood Friends: To Haizaki.
- Cute Mute: Turns out she is not as mute as Haizaki thinks.
- Dumb Struck: One of the consequences of the trauma caused by the Ares no Tenbin program is losing her ability to speak. She gets it back after she recovers.
- Foreshadowing: In episode 24, it's revealed that she recovered already and was only faking her disability, but there were already several hints before this episode that implied this:
- In episode 8, she responds to Nosaka when he brings her flowers.
- In episode 13, she responds to Nosaka that she knows she still has to play alone.
- When a disappointed Haizaki visits her to tell her that he failed to beat Outei Tsukinomiya, she pets him on the head.
- Genki Girl: When she was a child. She actually manage to break through Haizaki's shell. Not so much as a teenager in the beginning, although she seems to have regained her old energetic self as of episode 26.
- Girlish Pigtails: Sports this hairstyle both as a child (when it fits better) and as a teenager.
- Morality Pet: To Haizaki.
- Obfuscating Disability: The AnT program did render her comatose at first, but she continues to fake her disability to the nurse (whom she appologizes to when she finds out) and at first to Haizaki even after she recovers. It turns out she did it in order for Nosaka to investigate more about the Ares program and have more proof that it's a mistake.
- One Steve Limit: She shares her given name with one of the managers from GO.
- Thousand-Yard Stare: The trauma from the AnT program caused her to stare into nothing for a long time.
- Wham Shot: : When Nosaka comes to visit her, she reacts to his presence.
- Wham Line: And she actually responds to Nosaka in episode 13.
- When She Smiles: She smiles at the end of episode 23 when Haizaki realizes that he should play soccer for himself instead of her and it's rather adorable.
Zhao Jinyun/Mr Yi
- Voiced by: Yuuichi Nakamura
- Acrofatic: Despite his rather big fat frame, he's rather nimble and is able to play soccer surprisingly well which surprises his team when he helps them practice.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Lets just say his behavior is rather odd such as playing video games during matches and saying weird terminologies while making weird gestures or kung-fu poses.
- Dirty Old Man: His files are full of kinky photos.
- Ditzy Genius: Despite his rather eccentric behavior, it was stated he graduated from Stanford University as valedictorian and after that was a kung-fu instructor for 3 years, spent 3 years in the army, a baseball player for 3 years, 3 years as a soccer player, and a coach for 1 year prior to coaching Inakuni Raimon.
- Large Ham: Oh boy he is.
Midouin Munetada/Othman Laspic
- Voiced by:
- Alliterative Name: Midouin Munetada.
- Ambiguously Brown: Whether he's supposed to be black or something else is ambiguous.
- Big Bad: Of Ares no Tenbin. He's the one who created it in order to win money by creating superior kids who excel at everything and is responsible for all the problems caused by it.
- Greed: According to Word of God, he created Ares no Tenbin in order to win money, but it ended up being a failure.
- Obviously Evil: His rather monstrous-looking design with Hellish Pupils makes it obvious he's not a good guy.
- Smug Snake: He never expected that Ares no Tenbin would ever be a failure. He also kinda looks like a snake.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: He has a lot in common with Garshield from the first series. Both own a company, both care only about money, both created a power-enhancing program and both have a secretary with no personality.
- Villainous Friendship: It's known he has some kind of relationship with Kageyama and he's the one who helped him escape from prison, although what kind of relationship exactly is not clear.
- White Hair, Black Heart: He's a villain with white hair, although this could be because of his age. He's also definitely not the pretty boy variant.
Introduced in Orion no Kokuin
- Voiced by: Tomohiro Oomachi
- Adult Fear: His situation is rife of it. It's bad enough that he lost his sole parent and brother from the incident, but it's even worse when it turns out that Disciples of Orion exploited a young boy who is heavily traumatized from the death of his parent and brother bad enough to form a Split Personality, to work for their cause.
- Adorkable: Once he has solved his Split Personality issues, this is how he usually acts around the team since.
- Always Someone Better: To his little brother, he is always far better than he is at soccer. Which makes it hard for Hikaru himself to accept that he is the one to survive while his brother died to form a split personality to cope.
- The Atoner: At the end of episode 13, he attempted this by leaving the team to make up for the sabotage he did to Inazuma Japan. It didn't stick because he was Easily Forgiven by a majority of the team, however. But even so, Ichihoshi still felt that his actions would be considered as Forgiven, but Not Forgotten, and tried hard to please the rest of the team to make up for it.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: His interactions with Endou are a perfect example of this. He's pretending to be a big fan of him, but he just wants to get rid of him. When Ichihoshi was practicing with Endou, he was trying to tear him apart with a spike attached to the ball he kicked towards him, which Endou managed to dodge due to Kidou's warning. Even after trying to downright severely injure or possibly even commit murder he pretends to be innocent, saying that it's not him who sabotaged the ball. Eventually averted.
- Childhood Friends: With Froy, back when he was Hikaru with Mitsuru's personality.
- Dead All Along: Mitsuru is dead, the Ichihoshi that we all know is actually Hikaru himself.
- Dead Person Impersonation: Mixed with Split Personality, even!
- Diplomatic Impunity: He can't be taken out of the team, because he's a national goodwill ambassador who was placed in the team to show good faith to other countries. Zhao Jinyun even got in trouble for not making him a starter in the first game, meaning the matter is out of his hands, but not out of Kidou who is on on him and plans on eliminating him and the other members of Inazuma Japan who know they can't trust him.
- Disappeared Dad: His father died in a car accident when he was little.
- Even Evil Has Standards: He's okay with framing Kidou for doping and attempting to injure or maim endou, but even he hesitates when the Foundation orders him to cause a traffic accident on the bus of Inazuma Japan that would clearly severely injure the players, managers and coach on the bus. Especially since that's how his brother got hospitalized in the first place. When the time came for him to put the plan into action, he sweats and hesitates during the moment and the button was only pressed when he dropped it and Goujin stepped on it accidentally. The button also didn't cause an accident, but only caused the volume of Haizaki's headset to increase.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: In addition to his eyes, his hairstyle noticeably changes after the reveal that he is actually Hikaru. The arrangement and shape of the spikes is different, with his hair being messier in his Mitsuru form. His bangs are also slightly different and Hikaru's hair is a bit shinier.
- Foreshadowing: If one looks closely at the brothers eyes, flashbacks show that Ichihoshi's eyes look much more similar to Hikaru's than Mitsuru. It is later revealed that the Ichihoshi we know is indeed Hikaru himself instead of Mitsuru.
- Of Tsurugi from Go. Both of them are soccer players who are a part of an organization that wants to control soccer and as a result they sabotage the team they are a part in. They also both have brothers who are in the hospital and for the sake of their health are working for their villainous organization. However, Tsurugi makes it clear from day one that he's working for Fifth Sector to Raimon but hesitates in following along with their plans completely. Ichihoshi, on the other hand, hides his affiliation with Disciples of Orion until Inazuma Japan finds out on their own and is more direct and willing to go along with his orders... Until he was ordered to make Inazuma Japan's car ride look like an accident in a similar way he lost his brother and father.
- Also one to Fubuki Shirou. At least, his characterization in the original series. Both characters lost their family in an incident and took the death of their brother hard enough to form a Split Personality to cope. However, Fubuki is aware that Atsuya is at least, long dead but formed his Split Personality unconsciously with hopes that Atsuya will live through him instead and become a perfect player together. Ichihoshi, meanwhile is in denial that his brother is dead and formed the Split Personality of his dead brother believing that he is still alive.
- Frame-Up: His method of getting rid off Kidou involves him putting drugs in his stuff and framing him as a doper, which gets the latter disqualified from Inazuma Japan. And he had sent a gang to frame Endou for a case of violence when he's only protecting Anna just after Kidou was disqualified. Endou eventually got cleared since it was eventually cleared up that it's a misunderstanding, but Kidou isn't as lucky and Gouenji is still recuperating from his injury.
- Hate Sink: Really, save for Inamori and Endou, no one in Orion's rendition of Inazuma Japan likes him due to the rest of the members heavily suspecting him for sabotaging the team. The team would figure out about Ichihoshi's Healthcare Motivation and sympathize his situation, but for some of the members, the damage is already done. Gradually Averted though.
- Healthcare Motivation: Mixed up as part of his Freudian Excuse, the reason he does his evil deals is to get the treatment his brother needed. Unfortunately, it is provided by the evil organization he is a part of. Subverted when it is later revealed that his brother is actually dead.
- HeelFace Turn: By the end of episode 13 of Orion. He also attempted to leave the team to make up for the troubles he caused.
- Kick the Dog:
- Calling Kidou a filthy doper which was something he framed him for in front of Haizaki who played in the same team as Kidou and learned soccer from him.
- On the receiving end of it when it is revealed in episode 13 of Orion that his brother is actually Dead All Along, meaning that he is working for Disciples of Orion for nothing and had his denial of his brother's death exploited to ensure his loyalty to the organization.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: He's willing to frame and injure the members of Inazuma Japan so that his little brother, Hikaru, can get healthcare and play soccer again. Even if he has to soil the game he loves so dearly. Subverted when it is revealed that it's Mitsuru who died and the Ichihoshi we know is Hikaru all along.
- The Mole: As a Disciple of Orion, he joined Inazuma Japan as a spy in order to make the team lose.
- One Steve Limit: His real first name is the same as Kageyama Hikaru's from the GO series.
- Reality Ensues:
- Being a Disciple of Orion, he'd normally be able to wreck and take control of any other team without much difficult. However, Orion's rendition of Inazuma Japan is filled with members that are True Companions that would take a soccer ball to the face for another. Thus the moment one of them would be critically injured or suspiciously attacked by him, someone (Kidou) would not respond kindly. As a result, he spends the majority of the second half of Australia attacked by his own teammates. Zhao Jinyun didn't have him in the first round of the preliminaries because of this, so when diplomatic immunities interfered, the coach let the team deal with him anyway they want.
- His case of Split Personality mirrors those who suffer a Dissociative Identity Disorder in a realistic light as the trauma of seeing his brother dead was enough for Hikaru to form his Split Personality complete with memory gaps and believing that he is Mitsuru while Hikaru is hospitalized.
- Split Personality: In denial of his brother's death, Ichihoshi formed a split personality in his brother and believed that his brother is still alive, but ill.
- Technicolor Eyes: He has central heterochromia: black outer and blue inner. This is a big hint that Ichihoshi is the little brother, Hikaru, instead of Mitsuru.
- Token Evil Teammate: While some characters like Haizaki and Hiroto aren't exactly nice, Ichihoshi is the only one who is part of an actual evil organization, The Disciples of Orion, and has no problem with trying to injure or even murder the others. Gradually averted.
- Two Siblings In One: Before his Split-Personality Merge, the personalities of both Ichihoshi brothers used to share the same body. Inside the hospital, he was in his Hikaru form and in his Mitsuru form everywhere else. After the reveal about his true personality and the merge, he is exclusively Hikaru, but also gained the abilities of both brothers.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Back when Hikaru's identity was not yet revealed, Iwato used to send him love letters because he thought he was a girl. After sending him a reply where he reveals that he's a boy, Iwato was shocked enough to stay awake all night.
- Walking Spoiler: Yep. It's hard to talk about him without fully explaining his motivations and eventual Split Personality reveal.
- Weak, but Skilled: Hikaru has average physical abilities, but makes it up with having Awesomeness by Analysis.
- It was revealed by Zhao Jinyun that Hikaru trained arduously to match his brother in terms of physical prowess. He now possesses the best qualities of both brothers.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has dark blue hair.
Mutekigahara Fujimaru/ Li Hao
- A Day in the Limelight: Episode 15 focuses mostly on him and his backstory.
- Blush Sticker: He has a rosy blush on his cheeks.
- The Captain: Of Rojiura Shounentai.
- Code Name: His name turns out to be fake when Hiura realizes his last name is the same as the lake he was fishing in and his first name is the same as the boat he was standing near. He refuses to tell his real name. It's Li Hao.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": In the first season of Ares, he went by the name "Kobun", which means "lackey". While he claimed it to be his real given name, it's only until episode 15 of Orion where it's revealed to actually be "Hao".
- The Faceless: As Li Kobun, he used to hide his face underneath a mask.
- He Was Right There All Along: He's been disguising himself as Li Kobun ever since the start of Ares no Tenbin.
- Iconic Item: Hiura recognizes his blue cap immediately when he sees its brand on a raft in a shop.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: During his flashback, after Hao decided him and the other street rats had to live an honest life, the scene cuts directly to the moment where they already made it far in the tournament, without showing any of the matches they had won previously or simply the way they managed to take care of themselves without Zhao Jinyun's help.
- Street Urchin: He is an orphan boy who didn't get along with the other kids from the orphanage, so he decided to live on the streets, stealing things in order to survive. When he first met Zhao Jinyun, he tried to steal his wallet, but Jinyun took Hao and other street kids in his care. They come into this trope again after Zhao Jinyun decided they didn't need him anymore and left them to thrive on their own, but Hao decided to live an honest life like their boss wanted and they managed just fine since they were able to enter the tournament and make it far with their soccer team, Rojiura Shounentai.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has green hair.
Li "Yuu" Yuchen
- Blush Sticker: She has a rosy blush on her cheeks.
- Cute Sports Club Manager: She's the manager of China's team.
- Foreshadowing: She has the same rosy cheeks and similar eyes to Mutekigahara Fujimaru. It turns out they are siblings.
- In-Series Nickname: Her name is Yuchen, but she is called "Yuu" for short.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: After Inazuma Japan win the matches against Red Bison and Shining Satans, she disappears without Kimura noticing.
- Sweet Tooth: She is often seen eating something sweet while watching the matches, like ice-cream and pocky sticks.
- Those Two Guys: Together with Kimura, they often watch and discuss Inazuma Japan's matches.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has purple hair.
- Voiced by: Nobuhiko Okamoto
- Affably Evil: He's surprisingly friendly for supposedly being a part of Orion. Eventually averted since he is against whatever his brother had planned.
- Cain and Abel: A non-lethal example given the nature of Inazuma Eleven. He's the Abel to Bernard's Cain. This is due to their differing opinions about how they want the Orion organization to run and how they want to continue their father's legacy.
- The Captain: Of Russia's team.
- Childhood Friends: He was friends Hikaru back when Hikaru had Mitsuru's personality.
- Et Tu, Brute?: He was hurt when the rest of Perfect Spark decided to follow Bernard's orders and use underhanded methods to beat Inazuma Japan..
- Good All Along: Despite the suspicions surrounding him initially, he does not support Orion's dirty methods.
- Ill Boy: He was physically weak as a little kid. It's speculated his father founded Orion in order to cure Froy's illness.
- Motor Mouth: Really, he talks a lot and can ramble on to different topics.
- Overlord Jr.: He's the son of Orion Foundation's former leader and brother of Bernard, the current leader of Orion.
- Skunk Stripe: Has one strand of hair that is blue to his grey hair.
- Token Good Teammate: Before leaving the team, he was the only member of Russia's team who was not a Disciple of Orion.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Son: Subverted, since the old man that used to go by the name "Girikanan" is actually his family butler and that the previous leader, his father, had been dead for some time. His brother, Bernard is taking over as the new leader.
- Voiced by: Hiroki Yasumoto
- Big Eater: Surprisingly. He can actually match Endou at how much they can both eat!
- The Captain: Of Spain's Barcelona Orb.
- The Rival: To Endou and the members of the original Raimon in Ares. Their loss against Barcelona Orb is what motivated and brought the whole new soccer system to Ares.
- The Stoic: He is rarely seen smiling.
- Voiced by: Yoshimasa Hosoya
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to Froy's Abel because of their differing opinions about how they wanted to continue their father's legacy.
- Strong Family Resemblance: He is basically an older-looking Froy with long hair.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Bernard's practices as the new leader of Orion helped the poorer parts of the world but it is also threatening how soccer as a game is played out. It's also implied that Froy is at odds with Bernard because of this. Especially since episode 38 reveals about how Valentin Girikanan's vision is the opposite of Bernard's.