Gold Orb Characters
- Race: HumanAge: 20 yrs old (16th of Dew month)
Putting down her status and responsibilities as the Queen, this place is a secret playground that only belongs to them.
Her first time traveling (for fun) and her first time playing in the water; with her eyes blindfolded, this is a whole new world for her. To live up to everyone's expectations, she's got to have so much fun her heart explodes. That way, she'll light up the summer for everybody.
That summer day, the memory that they all cherish lives in the heart of Angelia, the most radiant jewel of them all...
- Blind Weaponmaster: She's basically playing pinata here, and so she swings around her sword blindfolded. In fact, she is also carried across the stage by some soldiers since she likely can't see where she's going.
- Chain Reaction Destruction: The watermelons explode when Angelia hits them, and hitting an enemy that has 5 of them is enough to burst every single one on the screen.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple/Purple Is Powerful: Invoked: Chose her swimsuit for its silks and tassels, and this is the one time Angelia wields a weapon to hit things with.
- Praetorian Guard: Angelia is carried by her bodyguards between waves. They're also in charge of tossing the watermelons.
- Produce Pelting: Her main gimmick is to stack up melons on enemies, before she strikes an enemy and detonates the melons.
- Smashing Watermelons: Angelia's blindfolded and given a wooden sword, then smashes watermelons/her enemies. Since she's blindfolded, it's all RNG.
- Random Effect Spell: Her melons are distributed at random, and Angelia also attacks at random.
- Race: HumanAge: 23 yrs old (15th of Maple month)
Because of this, Charle often took his self-made rune item "Owl Boy" and went on adventures to different regions all by himself. His trails covered almost all of continent Vendacti!
Explorer Charle has visited fallen kingdoms, dug out ancient runes, sneaked into trap-filled hidden ruins, dealt with scary crises caused by monsters and more... Wherever he went, strange incidents always seemed to accompany him!
However, the brave young Charle was rather simple-minded and reckless. That gave him some difficult times during his adventures. Hungry and freezing nights were quite the regular occurrence too. Perhaps his current "unique" taste in food is a product of all those adventuring experiences during his younger days.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: His bio all but says he's Indiana Jones. His 2g sees him lash a rope to the ceiling and swing away to complete the reference.
- Building Swing: His 2o has Charle go swinging across the screen, and fly back into position from the left.
- Do-Anything Robot: It's a magic-powered robot, but Owlboy can carry messages across entire countries, serve as a Grappling-Hook Pistol or a Plunger Detonator, attack on its own, and has some degree of tracking feature.
- Dynamic Entry: Charle's first action per wave has at least double power. If it's an attack, it's going to hurt.
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: For his 2o, he uses Owlboy as this before bombarding the enemies.
- Instant Runes: Charle's 4o draws a large magic circle under the enemies, which detonates with a massive explosion that throws every enemy up into the air.
- Robot Buddy: Owlboy, who serves as Charle's rune medium at this point in his life.
- Plunger Detonator: Charle's 4o sees Owlboy repurposed as one, triggering a massive explosion under the enemy line.
- Race: Bear BeastmanAge: 33 yrs old (5th of Dew month)
Feeling he must uphold the dignity of his office, he has trouble expressing his feelings as Dagger's foster father. His overly strict parenting style has caused the two to become estranged.
He's actually very fond of the cub, and the death of Dagger's father haunts him to this day.
- A Father to His Men: Cares about his people as if they were his family. Dagger is the most obvious example of this trope.
- Eye Scream: Loses an eye to an arrow while trying to protect Dagger - his SSR art has a very noticeable scar.
- The Mentor: Is this to Dagger.
- My Greatest Failure: The death of Dagger's father weighs heavily on his conscience to the present day, and is what inspired his change from a hotheaded young bear to a chieftain working hard to protect his people.
- Nice Hat: His crown which seems to be made of bone with embedded gemstones.
- Parental Substitute: To Dagger, whose father died at some unspecified point protecting Crushfang.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Despite his fearsome appearance, he's a wise and thoughtful ruler. He treats Angelia with civility, and accepts that the miners sneaking into bear territory are doing so illegally. He also (politely) refuses to accept her initial deal, pointing out that until she assumes the Sun throne, she has no authority to uphold its terms.
- Telephone Polearm: His weapon of choice is an enormous totem, which he wields with surprising ease.
- You Remind Me of X: Dagger reminds him much of himself when he was younger - headstrong, impetuous, and eager for a fight.
Diana Juan Gomez
- Race: Lizard NobleAge: 24 yrs old (5th of Rain month)
Back during the battle for the throne that happened in the Desert Kingdom, the real Diana was saved by Devious from a secret assassination. However, the assassin's poison knife left a noticeable scar on Diana's body. The condition of her injury aggravated, she had to seek the Holy Maiden Misa for therapy. While Diana was suffering from severe pain, Devious swooped in and poisoned her mind, gradually bringing out her cruel side.
When Clover finally ascended the throne, disguised as Diana under Lazer's assistance, the real Diana, who was recuperating from her injury, wasn't pleased by the outcome. Instead, she believed in Devious' words and presumed that Clover would replace her once and for all. After Diana was fully healed, she led her army and barged into the palace, determined to liquidate Clover and Lazer in the name of the Queen to take back her throne.
After ascending the throne, Diana turned the Desert Kingdom into a bloodthirsty nation. She often sits on the throne of the coliseum and watches the warriors fighting against mutated monsters with total, casual indifference...
- Attack Animal: In combat, she is aided by a huge metallic golem who protects and fights for her.
- Bad Samaritan: Devious plays this role according to her bio, saving her from an assassination attempt but corrupting her mind and bending her to his will.
- Gathering Steam: She racks up Corpse stacks every turn and whenever someone dies, and the rate of corpse acquisition further speeds up whenever she uses her 3o. This corpse count serve as both Mana Meter and additional power for her.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: She has no qualms on sending her citizens to certain death in the colosseum.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: Her corset top bares much of her breasts.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Her bio makes it clear that the queen Lazer serves in the normal story is a body double named Clover, which is not clarified until a few chapters into season 2.
- Rightful King Returns: This is the real Diana who escapes death only to find that a lookalike has claimed the throne, and so she deposes the pretender to reclaim her rights. Unfortunately a villainous example since Devious serves as her Treacherous Advisor.
- Scars Are Forever: She still retains that scar on her neck from her last assassination attempt.
- Sensible Heroes, Skimpy Villains: Clover is a tough-but-benevolent queen wearing a modest regalia, while Diana is a cruel queen wearing a rather revealing outfit.
- Slashed Throat: The position of her scar implies that the assassin who nearly killed her aimed for her neck.
- Slouch of Villainy: Her sitting posture.
- What If?: She is the first SP character who is unambiguously from an Alternate Timeline where she, the real Diana, survives every attempt on her life and overthrows her impostor to take the throne.
- Race: HumanAge: 47 yrs old (12th of Dew month)
Advocates peace, opting to solve conflicts using words. Considers war to be an extension of politics and a failure of diplomacy, hence putting off violence until all other possibilities have been exhausted.
Assigned to protect the Princess by late King William, he has grown very fond of Angelia, who looks up to him not simply as a teacher, but also a father figure.
- Anger Born of Worry: During the Summer Fantasy event, Dylan is furious when he finds out that Angelia has sneaked out without his knowledge (not helped by the fact that Fredrica doesn't seem to care when he grills her about it), fearing that she may be in danger. As soon as he sees that the vacation has helped ease Angelia's stress, however, he quickly simmers down.
- A Father to His Men: He considers the Royal Infantry to be his family, as shown in a few characters' storyline, like Sione.
- Cast From Armor: From SR-rank onwards, his 2o skill strips his remaining Armor and turns it into bonus damage.
- Colonel Badass: His previous position in the Infantry before he was assigned to be Angelia's bodyguard.
- Draw Aggro: His 1o gives him taunt on top of some armor.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: He carries a huge shield that feature in his skills. This shield is adorned with rune magic, which explains why he can carry it single-handedly.
- My Greatest Failure: His failure to protect King William turns him into the shield-toting Father to His Men he is today instead of the Guts Expy he is in his younger SP form.
- Shield Bash: His shield also doubles as his offensive weapon.
- Stone Wall: His skillset mostly revolves around taunting enemies and generating Armor while allowing his allies to make free attacks.
- Supreme Chef: He's known to be a skilled chef. In the Summer Fantasy event, he can be seen cooking dinner for all revelers at Maple Lake.
- Race: DemihumanAge: 18 yrs old (8th of Ice month)
For the majority of his life, Elio has worked hard to gain acknowledgment from his foster father, Charle. However, deep down inside, he continues to have questions regarding his own ancestry. Therefore, he has been constantly searching for related clues in private.
- Back from the Dead: Downplayed. Unlike Shirley, who takes 4 orbs to resurrect, he takes 7 orbs instead of the usual 10 for Gold characters. Crosses into Fridge Brilliance when you realize that he's half human, and that his mother is Shirley. (10+4) divided by 2 equals 7.
- Badass in Distress: He disappears midway through Season 2 because Devious, who is thrilled at the idea of experimenting on the rare Feather Tribe demihuman, kidnaps him.
- Chick Magnet: As stated in the bio, the girls in Rune Academy believes he's the ideal partner. Even Word of God states that at his birthdays, riots will start because of his admirers. When he shows up at Desert Kingdom, the first girl who sees him, Sophie, is also instantly smitten by him.
- Cosmic Plaything: So many things have gone wrong in his life. Between growing up knowing he's a bastard child, finding out his mother is already dead, being coldly rejected by his biological father, kidnapped to be experimented by the Dracontines, having his body used as a vessel for resurrecting someone else, and after the entire thing settles, his adoptive father dies without him realizing...
- Feather Motif: His second rune medium is a feather. His Character Mineral depicts said feather. Hints at his true nature as a Feather Tribe member. Also points at his lineage (he's Shirley's son).
- Healing Factor: His passive reduces the amount of healing he receives from allies, making traditional support less than useful on him. Instead, he relies on his 2o skill, which gives him the Armor Shift buff (healing him for a portion of his Armor) when used against armored opponents.
- Light 'em Up: He uses life magic for his attacks, which manifests as glowing golden energy. This is what clues Aosta in to the fact that Elio had found Morris' sealed laboratory.
- Luke, You Are My Father: Tells this to Theodore, who promptly rejects him.
- Orphan's Plot Trinket: Elio's rune medium, a feather which reveals a pre-recorded message from his mother when he awakens as a feather tribe member.
- Walking Spoiler: More like Winged Spoiler, but it's really hard talking about him without avoiding landmines. His spoiler-lined tropes practically demonstrate this.
- Race: ???Age: Manufactured a year ago (10th of Fire month)
Immensely strong but clumsy as well, it has the intelligence and vocabulary of a 3 year old. Feelings of intense happiness can cause it to run amok.
Long hours in the lab have made it very curious about the outside world. One of Aosta's most prized possessions, a Character Mineral, is stuck on the back of its head, controlling every move it makes...
- Baby Talk: Mostly speaks in "gaooo"s. And the occasional phrase from Morris Dietrich.
- Back from the Dead: Was formed from corpses and parts of Void Monsters. Is also the test run to do this for Morris Dietrich
- Cyber Cyclops: He is a construct with only one eye.
- Frankenstein's Monster: Its body is composed of pieces of of human bodies encased in a crystal shell.
- Golem: Has most of the traits of a Flesh Golem, except the crystal casing alters its body shape significantly.
- It Can Think: Aosta made him as a potential host body for Morris Dietrich, but he occasionally displays independent behavior.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Aosta tears out its animating Character Mineral at the end of Sunset.
- Soul Jar: Its animating force is the Character Mineral of Morris Dietrich, implanted in the back of its head.
- What Measure Is A Nonhuman: It exists as proof of concept that human resurrection is possible. Beyond that, Aosta sees it as an Empty Shell.
- You Are Number 6: Postmortem Experiment No. 46, to be exact.
- Race: HumanAge: Suitable for marriage (1st of Dawn Month)
After receiving an invitation to the wedding ceremony and discovering that the womanizer had found true happiness, Fredrica was shocked and simply could not let it go. She hired the most skilled dressmaker in all of the Kingdom of the Sun to work on her wedding dress day and night. Designing the most magnificent, brilliant bouquet at all costs, she was ready to give her ex-boyfriend a little "surprise".
On the day of the wedding, Fredrica stole the show as soon as she made her entrance. She was the center of attention. After enjoying the acclaim of the crowd, the glamorous Fredrica generously gave her "sincerest blessings" to her ex-boyfriend. To have received such a heartfelt expression, there's no doubt her ex-boyfriend will live happily ever after with his new bride.
- All Men Are Perverts: The groom (her ex) can't keep his eyes off of her, while his bride-to-be looks at him with irritation and disgust.
- Bouquet Toss: Her 4o animation has her offering one to the enemies... who attack her when she throws it away instead!
- Bridezilla: She's gone all in on wedding preparations to show up the actual bride.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: She has worn underboobs and cleavage before; now she shows off the top part of her bosom.
- I Shall Taunt You: She deliberately baits enemies to attack, but enemies doing so will benefit her & her team instead.
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery: She ditches her projectile-based combat for a bouquet smash to the face, all while wearing a beautiful wedding dress.
- Lohengrin and Mendelssohn: Used to hilarious effect in her reveal trailer.
- Ms. Fanservice: Between her wedding dress and her attitude, she's secured her place as Sdorica's ur-Ms. Fanservice for the rest of time.
- Pimped-Out Dress: She hired the best dressmaker in the kingdom to make it, and whatever it lacks in modesty it MORE than makes up for in style.
- Sexy Whatever Outfit: Sexy wedding dress, in this case.
- Shout-Out: Her splash art is the Distracted Boyfriend meme.
- Status Buff: Baits enemy attacks and buffs the party depending on whether she dodges or is hit.
- Stocking Filler: Her garters, which she shows off with her first skill.
- The Tease: All of her moves involve her teasing the enemy. Makes sense, as she's a dodge tank who baits attacks.
- Unconventional Wedding Dress: Her dress is certainly unchaste and possibly illegal.
- Wedding Smashers: She's going to guarantee her ex's wedding is unforgettable. By ruining it.
- Woman Scorned: She's not ruining her ex's wedding just because he's her ex. But it sure doesn't help.
- Race: GolemAge: Estimated at least 20 yrs old (Birthdate unknown)
Revered by Bears since ancient times, these magnificent creatures thrive on solid earth, using it as both food and shelter. As they mature, Golems sprout gem rocks upon their backs, the objects used to power rune devices. As a consequence, human runesmiths covet these gemstones, one of the main reasons for ongoing Human-Bear hostilities.
- Body to Jewel: Totemtaff golems such as Golemwalt slowly grow crystals on their bodies as they mature, especially apparent in his SSR.
- Race: HumanAge: 17 yrs old (1st of Rain month)
To fulfil the kids' wish to play a game about the East, Hyacinthus collected some materials that would come in handy for her little project. She sewed a ninja suit with rags and turned an old sickle into a pair of tonfas. After putting on her costume, she showed up at the birthday celebration as a surprise and led the kids in a fight against the evil devil, played by Nigel.
Although her tonfas crumbled in battle, and the ninja suit was torn apart, seeing the bright smile on everyone's faces made Hyacinthus feel satisfied beyond words. At that moment she made a silent wish: "I want to do my best to create even more wonderful memories..." Given that Hyacinthus cares about the kids more than anybody, next year she's going to show everybody what she's really capable of.
- Cosplay: She's dressing up in a self-made ninja costume, running around with self-made props, and acting out a fantasy story.
- Doppelgänger Attack: She gains a shadow Replica every time she dodges an attack, and these Replicas will join her in beating her targets.
- Fanservice Pack: Original Cin was so boyish that Naya mistook her for a he. Cin SP's a curvaceous knockout.
- Friend to All Children: She's dressing up as part of the children's communal birthday party.
- Fragile Speedster: Permanently has one stack of vigilance, and her 1o gives her 5 turns of taunt and vigilance.
- Improvised Weapon: Her tonfas are parts of a broken sickle.
- Knife Nut: This time she's got TWO knives, and her Character Mineral is an upward pointing dagger as well.
- Kunoichi: Checks all the boxes. Exactly how she gained the ninja powers though is another question entirely.
- Sexy Whatever Outfit: Ninja. Leotard of Power, Sarashi, not to mention the Clothing Damage in her bio...
- She's Got Legs: In fine kunoichi fashion her outfit leaves her inner thighs exposed.
- Race: DemihumanAge: 17 yrs old (30th of Maple month)
Hidden behind the adorable appearance is a being whose strength is simply impossible to predict. Although always found with a relaxing and confident smile, his personality is, in fact, deep, methodical and hard to grasp. Occasionally, he will speak terrifying words that send chills down one's spine while still sporting his trademark smile.
Right now, he accompanies and assists Nigel for the sake of helping demihumans achieve a better future. Izumi has taken a great interest in Nigel, but Yamitsuki suspects that he's up to something.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: Their storyline (where they instantly kills a hapless demihuman after accidentally seeing their real form) and interaction with Uzziah strongly suggests that their fox demihuman appearance is a disguise.
- Ambiguous Gender: Looks and sounds feminine, but dialogues refers to them as a 'he', they refer to themself with the masculine "boku", and localization in other languages gives them gender-neutral pronouns.
- Faux Affably Evil: Loves to tease with words that cut like hidden knives, and generally is very patronizing.
- Killer Rabbit: A cheerful, umbrella-carrying young fox demihuman who has no qualms on mugging or outright murdering.
- Kitsune: Always smiling, and always unpredictable. One of their attacks has them growing nine tails.
- Little Bit Beastly: They're a fox demihuman with foxy ears and a tail. Their SSR form adds painted whiskers.
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: Gold characters are usually straightforward frontline damage dealers or defenders focusing on drawing fire away from their teammates. Izumi, on the other hand, has no active skills that deal damage, and requires his teammates to draw fire away from them so that they can use their more useful skillset, including Delaying Action and damaging passive.
- Offscreen Teleportation: One moment he's spinning his umbrella, the next moment he literally kicks his enemy's ass.
- Wild Card: Even the Dracontines are not sure what Izumi's plans are.
- Race: HumanAge: 32 yrs old (31st of Dew month)
Selfish and mean, he delights in bullying others. He flatters his superiors outrageously, while making the lives of his subordinates miserable.
Sloppy, careless and constantly overlooks important details. He is an accomplished brownnoser who claims to be Theodore's right hand man.
- Beware the Silly Ones: He's a well-known buffoon among the nobles, who treat him like a good-for-nothing loser. However, he's well-versed in noble politics, and when he actually gets down and dirty, people will die.
- Brown Noser: He's a suckup to anyone with the slightest bit of power, but won't hesitate to sell his boss out at a moment's moment.
- The Bus Came Back: Last seen midway through Season 1 before the Sun Kingdom Civil War broke out, he made an unexpected return in Season 2, working in Devious' casino.
- Butt-Monkey: He suffers all sorts of insults and humiliations and deserves each and every one of them.
- Dirty Coward: He's utterly subservient to anyone with the slightest bit of power over him,
- Hoist by Their Own Petard: Blows open Theodore's plan and thus the entire plot of the game in Sunset because of his habit of giving people gifts in custom-made bags... including hush money, bribes and lethal drugs and poison.
- I Surrender, Suckers: Weaponized. Jahan's main method of attack is to fall down and beg for mercy, then counterattack with poison when the enemy lets their guard down.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: Murdered the head of one of the Twelve Noble families to revenge a slight from the man's son, then blamed it on Dylan, resulting in the Sunshine Infantry's banishment from the capital. The kicker: said noble was conspiring with the Dracontines to destroy the kingdom.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: His list of crimes is a mile long, but through no fault of his own a lot of them have ended up helping the good guys.
- Skunk Stripe: As a member of the noble Augustinus family, he has a streak of orange in his otherwise dark brown hair.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: When activating his passive he puts on a whole show of weakness, before pitching forward onto the ground. You can tell he's faking it because he pops his head up to see how things are going in his Idle Animation.
- Race: HumanAge: 23 yrs old (22nd of Dawn month)
A serious and constantly worrying guy, his time at work often bogs down to two things: Either forced to clean up the messes, sometimes straight-up chaos, for the lazy Fredrica or get dragged around in circles by her wacky shenanigans. Because of this, he really doesn't trust Fredrica.
Although this tense relationship has been improving recently, he still spends his days toiling and worrying for Fredrica.
- Beleaguered Assistant: Fredrica being The Tease and Bunny-Ears Lawyer sometimes grates on him.
- Gameplay and Story Integration: Jerome synergizes well with Frederica in-game. Her attack skills allow him to enter to Assault Stance, while being in the default guard stance triggers Frederica's 1-orb skills.
- Ship Tease: With Frederica. That cape he's wearing? She made it. They even have an interaction during Jerome's 4-orb skill and they're both in the party.
- Race: Insect tribe (Unicorn beetle)Age: 22 years old (8th of Fog Month)
With a difficult childhood, growing up engulfed the fires of war, he cares deeply about the wellbeing of the general public. Although he seems stubborn and unyielding, Jihasaha follows orders to a T. In order to keep in contact with Princess Tindoiimu - now a political hostage and away from the kingdom - Jihasaha has agreed to act as her personal postman, shuttling letters between her and her family.
- An Axe to Grind: Wields an axe. It appears dull until he has armor, where it becomes crystallized and bigger.
- Brutal Honesty: More so than Tingko, as he will criticize even the princess herself is he sees it fit.
- Charged Attack: He has two abilities that give him armor and a passive that boosts his power the more armor he has. Successfully firing his 4o with full armor makes him do an additional attack at the cost of all his armor.
- Fire-Forged Friend: He and Tingko used to be at each other's throats, but after Tingko saves his life, they begin bonding over their mutual desire to serve the princess.
- Mugging the Monster: His first meeting with Tindoiimu was when he tried to pickpocket her, unaware of how powerful she was.
- Race: HumanAge: Hoppy Teenagers Never Age (24th of Fire month)
The 1001st rule of being a thief: "For a failproof mission, steal one's heart then snatch up their possessions★" Joan's put everything she's got into collecting props, creating spells, bells, and a unique outfit... After turning herself into a gleaming corpse, she hops in front of the unsuspecting teen, shocking him unconscious!
Ah, yes! What she has come for - the young man's jade pendant rolls to the feet of the rigid corpse. "He gave me his jade pendant... does that mean he likes me? Sorry, I don't like cowards~" Hopping happily away, alive as a teenage girl can be, the Thief of the Gleaming Star has once again used her charm to complete a flawless mission.
- Jiangshi: Complete with the usual jiangshi clothes, paper talisman and hopping motion.
- Race: Frogodile BeastmanAge: 5 yrs old (28th of Fire month)
Vicious and crafty, he speaks in an obnoxiously loud voice and views all other residents of Maple Lake as food. He carefully places little succulent plants on his head to entice other creatures to come closer.
An all around troublemaker who leads other frogodiles. Dislikes the mermaid Hestia and loathes Yan-Bo, the old capybara with a passion.
- Gang of Critters: Karnulla tags along with other frogodiles who are a quarter his size.
- I Shall Taunt You: Karnulla's main strategy is to taunt his opponents into attacking him so he can counterattack after dodging. His one-orb and four-orb abilities stack high dodge chance and counterattack damage, at the cost of causing the enemy to skip their cooldown and act immediately.
- Nature Is Not Nice: Is a big believer of this.
- Predators Are Mean: Aside from his need to eat meat, he's also antagonistic to several other Maple Lake residents such as Hestia and Yan-Bo.
- Orc Raised by Elves: He was raised as a baby by Yan-Bo to be a good frog. Unfortunately, Yan-Bo goes too far in forcing the frogodile to be a pacifist, causing him to snap.
- Papa Wolf: He will not let anyone who harms his bambinosnote to go away unscathed.
- Then Let Me Be Evil: After Yan-Bo scolds him yet another time for "giving in to his carnivorous nature" even as Karnulla has been trying to avoid it as per Yan-Bo's teachings, the frogodile snaps, gives Yan-Bo a "The Reason You Suck" Speech, and leaves to finally embrace his carnivorous nature. They have been enemies ever since.
- Race: DemihumanAge: 25 yrs old (16th of Rain month)
Receiving tickets to the Oasis Sports Day by chance, Kittyeyes and Nolva's journey of bonding is ruined by the local bullies To get her grievances off her chest and stand up to the oppressed team, Kittyeyes decides to join the opening dance as the representative of her team! Dancing passionately under the scorching sun, Kittyeyes' radiant smile really captures the judges' hearts
- Race: Wolf BeastmanAge: 44 yrs old (1st of Maple month)
Although he is always quarreling with his disciple Miranda, their teacher-student relationship is exceptionally deep. He is a long-time friend of Yan-Bo's from his days in Maple Lake, though they haven't seen each other for quite some time.
- Carry a Big Stick: His weapon is a huge monk staff.
- Hypocritical Humor: He constantly teaches Miranda about keeping her emotion in check, but he himself isn't very consistent about suppressing his.
- Old Master: He is Yan-Bo's peer from their younger days in East Alliance, and has the prowess to back it up.
- Rage Breaking Point: His passive. Every time he takes a hit from a taunting enemy, he builds up Fury, and at 3 Fury, he instantly counterattacks. This is also reflected in his skillset. By casting his 1-orb, 2-orb, and 4-orb skills in a row, he builds up three stacks of Fury, along with damage-enhancement buffs. His skillbook operates the same way but in reverse; he builds up Fury by attacking taunting enemies instead, with a powerful follow-up upon hitting 3 Fury.
- Unstoppable Rage: Once Law blows up, he will bash his targets until they submit or are saved by someone else. Miranda once even says that she's worried that "master is going to hurt someone".
- Race: HumanAge: 23 years old (R and SR), 41 (SSR) (9th of Ice Month)
With exceptional fighting abilities and a gloomy demeanor, an aura of solemn death exudes from his body. Besides the Queen, no one dares approach him. Lazer rarely expresses his emotions and his thoughts are nearly impossible to grasp. No one is sure if he is evil or good, but everyone agrees his will is determined and tenacious. To reach his goals, he will not stop at anything and has become one to fear in the minds of those who live in the Desert Kingdom.
Lazer has not only climbed to the rank of general, he also serves as both the primary protector for Queen Diana, and her darkest shadow...
- Baleful Polymorph: Devious forces him to transform into a savage centaur to kill Rune and Clark.
- Black Cloak: The full ensemble: Malevolent Masked Man, In the Hood, Ominous Opera Cape...
- Cool Mask: His changes with resonance, being simple at R and picking up horns at SR.
- Death Seeker: Back when he was left as a lone prisoner of war to die in the cells, he decided to pick a fight with whoever he could find so that he could get killed. This is deconstructed: he managed to slaughter every prison guard in his path and continued his rampage through the residential sector. Instead of a timely 5-star response in the less-than-wealthy district against a 'mere' human in rags, Lazer continued without seeing a single Elite Mook, slaughtering thugs and civilians left and right, which finally ended when he stumbled upon an orphanage, killed the caretakers, and crushed dozens of eggs with his bare hands. All because his resentment at being used by nobles convinced him that life from the bottom of the ladder was worthless, and aborting those eggs would be a Mercy Kill.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Makes a suicide pact with a fellow prisoner of war: he'll get a deadly poison in exchange for giving the other man a painless death. The other POW lied. Lazer takes this VERY badly.
- Foil: To Dylan. Both generals that serve the daughters of former kings who provide advice and inspiration to their charges and citizens alike. The difference is that Dylan is a Knight in Shining Armor while Lazer is Red and Black and Evil All Over and is a former slave and gladiator turned royal assassin who killed Dylan's king.
- Also acts as one to Rune. Lazer rejects his humanity and embraces the Desert Kingdom and its creed after becoming free, while Rune rediscovers his humanity and free will after meeting Sophie.
- Grim Reaper: His SSR certainly evokes this: Black Cloak, Sinister Scythe, sour attitude and a One-Hit Kill ability.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Does this in Diana's place.
- Hero Killer: As the man who killed King William, he is this to the Sun Kingdom.
- In the Hood: At SSR he wears a black hooded cloak.
- Knife Nut: His R and SR incarnations carry a pair of knives.
- Malevolent Masked Man: He wears a black mask, and was the one who assassinated King William.
- Mercy Kill: This is his reasoning of killing numerous unborn baby lizards as stated below. If those children will grow up in a world full of strife and betrayal, why bother let them being born at all?
- Morality Chain: He sees Diana as the one good thing in the world and will do anything and everything to keep her alive.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Rare human example, his outfit and high position show that he's elected to join the Desert Kingdom's Lizard ruling class. On one occasion he's called a "chameleon" for it.
- One-Hit Kill: If he's in unarmed stance and an enemy's health has dipped too low, he can immediately finish them off with his 4o.
- Secret Keeper: Has and will kill to keep a certain secret of Diana's.
- Sinister Scythe: This is his weapon in the present day, shown at SSR.
- Student and Master Team: Diana's SR art is nearly a perfect reflection of Lazer's, down to the hostile figures in the back and foreground, implying that they're fighting together.
- The Unfettered: Will stop at absolutely nothing to keep Diana safe.
- World's Strongest Man: The first human to survive the Martyr's Colosseum, his victory was so shocking the entire institution collapsed.
- Would Hurt a Child: During his Death Seeker rampage, he came across a lizard hatchery, and promptly destroyed all the eggs there. Except one...
- Race: DemihumanAge: 13 yrs old (11th of Sun month)
In order to make the best use of her vacation, she's happened to bind the minds and hearts of humans and demihumans. Sandboxes, castles, and easter egg attacks; she's trying to create new memories to make up for the lost time she couldn't spend with her brother...
After the sand castles have blown away, the promise Leah and Lio made this summer vacation will carry on. It'll last forever...
- Beach Episode: Added during the second summer event, "Summer Ceremony".
- Big Sister Bully: Leah's a lot pushier toward Lio than usual, because she's trying to make up for lost time and trying to make memories before she returns to school.
- Combat Medic: She's one of the few gold position characters with a healing skill, much less party-wide armor and healing. Her sops to being in the tank position is that she grants party-wide damage resistance with her passive and Exhausts enemies with her 3o.
- Deliberately Cute Child: Is perfectly happy to suck up to Fredrica if it means a vacation.
- Easter Bunny: Continues on her theme, since she's wearing a "wrapper".
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Leah spends the event diving head first into every opportunity that presents itself while Lio spends it worrying and trying to avoid being Dragged into Drag.
- Genki Girl: Dives into the vacation with gusto, and is even the one who suggests the festival in the first place.
- Little Miss Con Artist: She's put a lot of thought into all the ways that Lio's frienship with Angelia could benefit her if he asks the right way.
- Painting the Fourth Wall: "From the gold corner, Izumi!" "From the black corner, Yamitsuki!" Particularly funny since neither character is in their original position for the fight.
- Palatial Sandcastle: She's constantly working on one when deployed; ally 3os lets her build it up. Her own 3o pans up to show that it's a skyscraper when fully charged.
- Power Trio: Forms a power quad with the other Summer Ceremony characters, Yamitsuki, Izumi, and Fredrica. However she's the gold character in the only multi-person battle involving them.
- Time Skip: She's two years older than her SSR and SP versions, but this is more a reflection of how much time has passed in her personal timeline.
- Unspoken Plan Guarantee: Doesn't need to talk to Izumi or Fredrica to come up with the plan to get Yamitsuki clear and save the festival at the same time.
- Race: DemihumanAge: 11 yrs old (11th of Sun month)
The loss of Flutterfly left Lio down and depressed. To cheer up Lio, Angelia requested Rune Academy to develop "Flutterfly MAX!" and gave it to Lio as a surprise gift!
The sight of "Flutterfly MAX!" made Lio super excited. He immediately hopped into the cockpit and took his new toy for a spin. He soared through the skies of continent Vendacti, leaving behind streams of contrails! However, due to the immense amount of Soul Energy "Flutterfly MAX!" consumes, it was no longer operational after day 1.
Lisa Ortiz Aguilar
- Race: HumanAge: 6 yrs old (28th of Dawn month)
When she was a child, she met Desert Bazaar merchant Sherlock on the battlefield. After noticing her talent to gather a crowd, Sherlock adopted her. When she was adopted, Lisa was a cute, independent and polite little girl. She did her job well, dancing at Sherlock's booth every day to help him gather customers.
One day, her foster father Sherlock was kidnapped by debt collectors. The then six-year-old Lisa, in all her panic and desperation, turned her eyes to the equipment that has been lying around in Sherlock's home. Armed with a whole arsenal of gadgets and weapons from the Mechanical Empire, young Lisa broke into the enemy's stronghold by herself and would stop at nothing until she rescued her dear father!
- Foregone Conclusion: Lisa saves her father. Her SP is a flashback character after all.
- Gameplay Automation: Lisa SP triggers her active skills in sequence. Activating the same skill that turn produces a second, stronger effect.
- Heartwarming Orphan: Sherlock takes her name when he adopts her. Mechanicians aren't even supposed to feel feelings!
- Little Miss Badass: Who knew a six-year old little girl could pick up heavy machinery to save her adopted father?
- Noodle Incident: The game has yet to explain anything about this incident. If it even happened in the main timeline at all.
- Raised by Robots: This is Lisa during said raising.
- Race: RobotAge: Modelled after 15 yrs old (15th of Fire month)
For some unknown reason, she floated to the harbor of the Desert Kingdom. Originally she was considered trash and tossed to the side. Luckily, Clark happened to be passing by, and as an expert in Rune items was able to repair her. However, her system still occasionally crashes, causing problems mostly for Clark. She lacks common sense and an understanding of inter-personal issues, causing her to both shock and delight those around her.
Maria especially loves Clark and the Rune-powered bird that he created, Chu Chu. She takes Clark to be her primary master and follows him wherever he goes.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Just about anything can distract her, but birds are guaranteed to make her stop whatever she's doing and hare off.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Easily a candidate for "strongest character in the game to date". Also a ditz with the maturity of a toddler.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Her mental age is akin to that of a toddler so she's easily distracted and doesn't get societal rules.
- Declaration of Protection: "Maria will protect Master!" By going berserk if anyone comes in arms' length of him, apparently.
- Do-Anything Robot: She scans people and projects holograms from her eyes, she has a Rocket Punch, can fly at will, has Super Strength and can form a sniper rifle from her arm.
- Eating Machine: Maria can eat and apparently has a sense of taste, but can't process any food that she consumes. This typically leads to shenanigans.
- Fembot: Maria looks like a pretty teenage girl. At least on the parts you can see...
- Funny Machine: Maria doesn't understand that people are much less capable than she is. She also doesn't get "common sense".
- I Owe You My Life: The basis of her relationship with Clark.
- Machine Monotone: Her SSR self's voicelines.
- Nature-Loving Robot: Adores birds in particular.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Her SSR form where her original, Killer Robot programming reasserts itself.
- Robot Girl: An unusually humanlike one.
- Rocket Punch: Her original 2o. She even says "Maria Punch!" as her hands fly forward.
- Super-Powered Robot Meter Maids: She flies! Takes pictures! Lifts great weights! Is always cheerful! Possibly averted in that she's was specifically created to move into human society and extract/deal with a target with extreme prejudice. In this case, Sherlock.
- Race: Do not spoil the secretAge: Do not spoil the secret
Wears a snowy white mask that shows no emotion. Seems to know everything about the treehouse and the world surrounding it. She is also the calmest one among the three summoned guests.
Not exactly friendly to Alice. She uses all kinds of methods to prevent Alice from returning to the world beyond the skylight. However, for some unknown reason, the Masked Girl always behaves herself whenever Deemo is around.
The Masked Girl carries a pocket watch with her all the time. A concealed message is carved on the inside of the pocket watch: "yrasrevinna ht5".
- Death Seeker: At one point she tries to fling herself off a cliff, as well as let a cave monster try to attack her, and she is enraged when Angelia stops her.
- Dual Wielding: She fights with two swords.
- Ethereal White Dress: She wears a simple white dress that completely covers her body and a featureless White Mask of Doom. She's also the Literal Split Persona of a little girl who wants to die to stay with her brother forever.
- Final Boss: Of A Tranquil Place in Balzac's Heritage.
- Final Boss, New Dimension: Her stage isn't a remix of the Desert Kingdom zones but the Treehouse from the Deemo stages. And as soon as she takes any health damage the fight turns into a High-Altitude Battle completely with moving clockwork and floating platforms.
- Fourth-Wall Observer: Calls the Sdorica setting the "far side" of the treehouse. Because of course she knows that all of Deemo is Alice's Adventures in Comaland.
- Given Name Reveal: The Masked Girl finally has a first name: Celia.
- Guest Fighter: From the same game as Deemo and Alice.
- Improbable Weapon User: Her two swords are clock arms that she conjures from her pocket watch.
- Meaningful Name: Goes by Masked Girl in the roster and in all story scenes, but signs her name "Celia". An anagram of Alice.
- White Mask of Doom: It's perfectly white and cut so that nothing of Masked Girl's face shows through.
- Your Days Are Numbered: If she fails to finish a fight before 12th turn, she goes down.
- Race: HumanAge: 22 yrs old (8th of Flower month)
The lights go out and everyone falls asleep. Suddenly, Law's roar breaks the silence! A group of robbers barge into the monastery and Law engages them. Some mobsters even point their guns at the monks and threaten to take their lives. Seeing the hostages are facing extreme danger, Miranda knocks down a robber and snatches two guns out of his hands, then shoots all the burglars and saves the day!
Under the moonlight, everyone's shadows are like arrows; punches and kicks dance nimbly around the sound of gunshots. After the chaos subsides, a peaceful silence falls unto the monastery once again, and the robbers disappear like a distant dream.
- Critical Hit Class: She has a chance to score critical hit proportional to her vigilance stacks, and she starts off with one stack by default. Scoring a critical hit not only increases her damage and turns her attack into armor penetration, but causes her to chain her stronger attacks into her weaker ones.
- Guns Akimbo: Shotgun on her right hand, pistol on her left.
- Nun Too Holy: The reason why she's dressed as a nun is strictly because of dress code in the monastery she's staying in for the night.
- Race: HumanAge: 25 yrs old (1st of Snow month)
To protect the smile on the Queen's face, she fights alongside her new partner. A soaking wet battle that's exciting and stimulating is about to unfold. On that summer day, the encounter with a sticky, wet creature is something Naya will never forget...
- Bond Creature: She hilariously befriends a jellyfish, which annoys her constantly by trying to latch onto her face.
- Captain Morgan Pose: Once her passive is enabled by her having three different buffs, she takes her jellyfish off her face, slams it to the ground and proudly stands with one foot on it.
- Race: DemihumanAge: 23 yrs old (7th of Mist month)
He doesn't like when people disagree with him. Brash and bold, or so it seems, he's actually a sensitive soul that uses bluster to hide that fact.
One of Yamitsuki's childhood friends, he harbors deep resentment towards the kingdom's nobility.
After carrying out his revenge plot, this demihuman is hellbent on getting even with humans who once looked down upon his kind.
- Chick Magnet: Nigel's ideals (and good looks) have earned him his share of admirers in-universe.
- Childhood Friends: With Eve and Hyacinthus.
- Exposed to the Elements: Nigel runs around shirtless, even in the cold Atlas.
- Fantastic Racism: Nigel greatly dislikes anyone who is not a demihuman.
- In the Hood: At R and SR, to hide the fact that he is a demihuman.
- Irony: He exploits Angelia's kindness and naivety for his own ends, but he himself is unaware that Izumi is fanning his demihuman patriotism so that he can serve their own purpose.
- Power Trio: Originally had one with Eve and Cin. Later has one with Yamitsuki and Izumi.
- Serial-Killer Killer: During Lio's Horror Tales character story, Nigel is dead certain that the man behind the Ragdoll Coroner murders won't ever be seen again.
- Vigilante Man: Losing Eve leads to Nigel deciding to take fighting for the rights of slums dwellers a bit more literally. The fact that his first victim is his original tormentor goes completely unremarked on.
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters: When the opportunity presents itself, he sabotages Theodore's flying castle in a bid to send it crashing to kill all nobles onboard, in revenge for the nobles' mistreatment of the slums dwellers.
- Race: HumanAge: Appears 22 yrs old/Actually 35 yrs old (14th of Sun month)
The monster Waverlyde has been reimagined as the Cheshire Cat and accompanied Nolva to many places. She got to know all kinds of bizarre friends and even got herself into some unprecedented danger!
In order to escape this fantastically ridiculous dream, Nolva had to utilize her new power of controlling monsters. Under Waverlyde's guidance, they embark on an exciting adventure in wonderland!
- Alice Allusion: Blatantly so. She dresses like Alice, she transforms into a white hare when not in combat, Waverlyde becomes Cheshire Cat, and her attacks includes tea party, card soldiers, and growth potion.
- Animorphism: When not engaging enemies, she takes the form of the white hare, complete with a stopwatch.
- Assist Character: Every fourth turn, Waverlyde strikes an enemy.
- Race: HumanAge: 8 yrs old (11th of Frost month)
Sold to the gangs as soon as she was born, she grew up as an experiment. She possesses genius intellect but lost both of her legs and her voice. Having used a special wheelchair her entire life, she uses the device known as "Unit-01", which she made herself, to simulate the human voice and communicate with those around her. Though she's aware of her given name, she never goes by Shiino Shizuka.
After seeing countless brutal images with her own eyes, Nora began to rarely speak with others. Usually she wears an emotionless expression, facing everything with cold calculations and inferences.
- Child Prodigy: She's 8 and she built all of her robots years before the present.
- Commonality Connection: Feels a strong bond with Koll, as they both have loved ones who they separated from to keep them safe.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: She was raised as a human experimental subject by an organized criminal enterprise in one of the Cytus world's worst Nodes. Almost nothing phases her anymore.
- Cruel to Be Kind: Recommends this to Koll, and later to Paff, Neko and Nolva, to keep Kittyeyes and Roger from feeling bad about Koll's decision to stay away.
- Genius Cripple: Possibly the smartest person in the world, she is nevertheless wheelchair bound after a lifetime of being experimented on.
- Guest Fighter: Hails from the world of Cytus II.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: All of her skills have two effects and she conditionally debuffs enemies every round. Her skill multipliers are somewhat low as a result.
- Meaningful Name: Her real surname, Shizuka, means "quiet" in Japanese.
- Robot Buddy: Unit-01, the tv-like robot she carries on her lap. It's the one actually doing her speaking for her.
- Secret Identity: Unbeknownst to everyone, "Nora" is actually Robo_head assuming Nora's form. Which means that all three of Cytus's starter characters appear in the crossover after all.
- Super Wheelchair: She built it herself, and its robot arms are karate chopping a boomshroom in her splash art.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Her upbringing as a human labrat left her extremely jaded.
- Wham Line: "I am not Nora".
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Despite a difficulty processing emotions, Nora sympathizes with Koll's twinned desires to see Kittyeyes and Roger and to avoid them.
- Wheelchair Woobie: She got her mechanical legs somehow.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Periwinkle blue, specifically.
- Race: Tiger BeastmanAge: 20 yrs old (29th of Sea month)
Large of frame and expert in unarmed combat, this big bruiser descends from a long line of royal guardians. Has major trust issues since someone fooled him into betraying his tribe, causing his exile. He now travels within Kingdom Of The Sun, honing his fighting skills in the company of Puggi, whom is slowly teaching him to trust again.
Beneath the calm, collected exterior, a formidable humorist lurks underneath. Trouble is, only Puggi really understands his jokes.
Freed from his former inhibitions, he works harder than ever to build his reputation of a well respected martial arts master.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: He's a skilled martial artist even before he starts taking lessons from Yan-bo.
- Boring, but Practical: He hits for normal attack damage and can give himself damage resistance and enhance. Even his special feature occasionally adds a strong follow-up to his attacks.
- Undergoing Skill Enhancement makes him Simple, yet Awesome by jacking up his damage, increasing how often his passive triggers, and adding the rare Stumble status to his advisor skill.
- Cat Folk: He's a large anthropomorphic tiger.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Poor Pang has to repeatedly keep Puggi from getting himself killed when the bird-brain gets himself in trouble.
- Combo: The basis of his skillset. His 1o and 2o skills build stacks of Winded Up - at four stacks, his next cast is followed up by a flurry of blows or a single bone-crunching punch, depending on his tier.
- The Comically Serious: His straightforward and serious nature makes him perfect for pointing out just how weird the people he knows are.
- Conflicting Loyalty: When forced to choose between his personal loyalties and loyalty to the Eastern Alliance, he froze. It's why he was merely exiled when the rest of the rebellion died, but he regrets not making a choice at all.
- Connected All Along: Met Jia-Shen in the Desert Kingdom before the story started. The meeting is the reason that Pang went through the Desert Bazaar just in time to meet Puggi, which leads directly to him visiting Paradise Prairie during Sunset's very first chapter.
- The Exile: He was banished from his homeland after he was caught between loyalty to his friend and ruler, and protecting the Alliance.
- Enemy Within: Yan-bo forces him to confront a manifestation of his negative emotions via a Battle in the Center of the Mind. But winning doesn't mean those feelings go away...
- Going Home Again: Decides to return to the Eastern Alliance during Eclipse, after hearing that his friend Yao may be alive and connected to the ongoing instability there.
- Magikarp Power: As a common character (and a free starter character), much of his skillset is locked until he is resonated to SSR.
- Megaton Punch: His passive in SSR and Alt form.
- Oral Fixation: He always carries a bit of straw in his teeth.
- Power Trio: Forms the Starter Trio with Tica and Naya during Sunset's chapter 1.
- Running on All Fours: His running animation.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: Straight man to Puggi's wise guy, though Pang isn't above a bit of punning now and again.
- Top-Heavy Guy: Though it's particularly blatant with the game's art style, his appearances in artwork confirm that he's much broader around his chest and arms than his legs and waist.
- Wuxia: He stands out as a wuxia-style protagonist in a world of European fantasy... until you disover that the Eastern Alliance runs on Wuxia tropes.
- Race: HumanAge: 40 yrs old (30th of Rain month)
Upright and unyielding, he places great value on loyalty and would do anything for friends or family. Cares deeply for Kittyeyes and his other followers. Unfortunately, where monsters once grazed and gnawed his infected wound spreads a malicious consciousness gradually taking over his mind......
Currently lying low with Kittyeyes somewhere on Paradise Prairie.
- An Arm and a Leg: Roger had his arm cut off to halt the spread of his void disease. It ultimately doesn't work, as the void disease can take over and drive him rabid on occasions, such as when he's injured.
- Klingon Promotion: He gained leadership over his bandit gang by beating up the previous boss for manhandling Kittyeyes.
- Like Brother and Sister: One-sided. Roger had originally viewed Kittyeyes as like a younger sister despite her obvious desire to be more romantically involved due to her resemblance to his deceased sister. When their bandit camp is raided, he concedes to try and begin a relationship with her before suffering from a void disease attack that left him genuinely believing Kittyeyes was his deceased sister. She plays along after failing to convince him otherwise.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: While perfectly amicable, he used to be a notorious bandit leader. Overlaps with Glowing Eyes of Doom when his void disease takes over.
- Red Right Hand: When his void disease goes out of control, not only he goes berserk, he grows a new right arm seemingly made of void particles.
- Race: HumanAge: 20 yrs old (6th of Sea month)
Since his multiple masters have only ever valued his physical abilities and never see him as a real human being, he is used to running on all fours and possesses communication skills akin to that of a child. He requires a command from his master to do anything and lacks the ability to distinguish between good and evil.
At first glance, he appears to be a fierce beast, but in reality, he is loyal, sincere and kindhearted. On his body remain many scars, a result of the lashes he received during his time as a slave.
- The Berserker: His attacks are overpowered but seriously damage his team.
- Extreme Doormat: Back when he is a slave, he follows orders to the letter, and even after being freed by winning the Martyr's Colliseum, he's still prone to accepting order from random strangers.
- Manchild: He behaves like a child around Sophie. Considering his upbringing, though, this is a step up from his previous state.
- Power Tattoo: Rune is named after his rune augmentations, giving him superhuman powers at the cost of intelligence.
- What Is This Feeling?: After beating up Sanchez for his betrayal, Rune is confused about the strange feeling he gets until Sophie explains to him. This is a start of him discovering his humanity.
- Race: Honeybadger BeastmanAge: 37 yrs old (31st of Dawn Month)
Many years ago, Sennosuke's master, Kaito, suffered an accidental death at the hands of Yan-Bo. Taking revenge, Sennosuke slaughtered every single Capybara in mass genocide, Yan-Bo himself barely escaping with his life. Since then, Sennosuke's acted with less blatant brutality, choosing instead to buy out the rest of the tribes, acting as the East Alliance's behind-the-scenes puppet master.
- Bad Ol' Badger: A ruthless honey badger who is out to subjugate the entire Alliance via underhanded means.
- Berserk Button: Yan Bo. What little composure he has left while being cornered by the arbiter goes out of the window the moment he sees the capybara.
- Carry a Big Stick: His weapon is a thick spiky mace.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Yan Bo killed his master, so he responded by eradicating the capybara tribe.
- Faux Affably Evil: His courteous words mask a vicious personality.
- Obviously Evil: A Faux Affably Evil Bad Ol' Badger who loves to abuse bribery and blackmails to undermine all the other tribes in the Alliance, that even Nice Guy Juan Yun openly calls him out.
- You Killed My Father: He wants Yan Bo dead for his master's death.
- Race: HumanAge: 18 yrs old (25th of Dew Month)
For Sharice, this rare friendship and their memories of tears and laughter will be remembered forever...
- The Mentor: She's training a Mandora to become a knight.
- Race: DemihumanAge: 27 yrs old (3rd of Maple month)
Shirley was tasked to go undercover in Rune Academy, then Kingdom of the Sun. However, in the latter mission, she fell in love with Theodore and ended up bearing his child. To protect her unborn child, Shirley chose to disappear, but in turn caused Theodore to become suspicious. Utimately, she died at the hands of Theodore.
- Blood Magic: Overlaps with Cast from Hit Points. Shirley cuts herself to grant her allies Armour, which works as Feather Tribe members are said to have flesh and blood comprised of pure soul energy.
- Back from the Dead: How her gameplay works. She's dead in the story however.
- Feather Motif: She's from the Feather Tribe. Even her Character Mineral's symbol is a feather.
- Femme Fatale: Her SR moniker, in fact. She was sent to the Sun Kingdom to cause scandal in the royal family.
- I Have Many Names: Before she infiltrated the Carlos family, she was a spy in Rune Academy, bearing the pseudonym Clio Fourner.
- In Love with the Mark: She was supposed to seduce Theodore and cause a pregnancy scandal in the royal family. She was not supposed to fall in love with him, and he definitely wasn't supposed to find out from someone who didn't know that part, after she'd had the baby.
- Missing Mom: To Elio.
- Not Too Dead to Save the Day: At SSR, even when downed, she can still attack the enemy.
- Video Wills: Leaves one to Elio, in particular telling him about his real father.
- Race: HumanAge: 21 yrs old (6th of Ice month)
Unaccustomed to the cloak and dagger struggle among the aristocracy, also unwilling to be a political pawn her whole life, she chose to leave home and enlist in the army. A former bodyguard to the princess, the two young women remain close to this day.
Currently Dylan's second in command, she idolizes him very much.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: She's one of just a handful of gold orb characters to deal True Damage with her attacks, and she's not using any kind of magic or special tool.
- Battle Ballgown: She wears a dress with a few armored plates. At R and SR she also wears a tiara to show that she's nobleborn.
- Draw Aggro: Her 1o ability grants her taunt, armor and damage reduction.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: Her fighting style in a nutshell. Of particular note is her 2o, where she makes a very quick slash-and-sheathe motion.
- Lady of War: A daughter of the prestigious Aldric family who joins the regular army under the command of war hero Dylan Levon.
- Mystical White Hair: In a country where most humans have normal hair colors, hers is pure white. Her electric blue noble lock just sets it off further.
- Purposely Overpowered: Her personal item in Explore mode increases her damage multipliers by 1000%. The restriction is that she needs four specific status effects on her simultaneously.
- Skunk Stripe: As a member of the noble Aldric family, she has a streak of light blue in her otherwise white hair.
- Race: HumanAge: 18 yrs old (27th of Frost month)
The demons all have come for you
Fears their food and tears their wine
Following lights on the easter line
Whether they're real or just in your head
All cowardly children had best go to bed
For tonight is Morgan's Devil's Night Time!
Alas! Look out, please do think twice!
In the early morn' he'll cause you mire
The whale's cold heart is frozen ice
The hedgehog's anger, hot as fire
Come, come, come, and stay on the rhyme
For tonight is Morgan's Devil's Night Time!
- Futureshadowing: Sophie is 17 during the events of Mirage, but this Sophie is 18. Given the circus crew is all dressed up as eastern spooks and haunts, she's going to make her way to the Eastern Alliance.
- Horned Humanoid: Sophie's attached two cute little horns to her forehead. Unusually for an Oni, they're on the same side of her forehead.
- I Shall Taunt You: Like Karnulla, her skills reset enemy cooldowns so she can strike back. Unlike Karnulla, though, she doesn't give herself taunt.
- Kimodameshi: Morgan's Circus is hosting one, with Sophie dressed as an oni, Hutchison cursing enemies with nails and straw dolls, Ru-yi dressed as a yuki-onna, and Hanbei as a fire rat.
- Oni: Sophie's dressed up as an oni shrine maiden going by her sleeves and the purple horns and purple streaks in her hair.
- Party in My Pocket: Once again, Morgan's Marvelous Circus does the work while Sophie directs them.
- Yuki-onna: Ru-yi wears a white and blue kimono and creates a sphere of ice with Sophie's second skill.
- Race: HumanAge: 16 yrs old (26th of Ice month)
All sorts of marionettes were dancing and singing on the streets, celebrating the occasion. Tica was also dragged into the center of the parade and took part in the party. Slowly but surely, she was transformed into a marionette and began using all sorts of mysterious powers...
When the streets returned to its silent state, Tica snapped out of her drowse as well. At first, she thought that it was all a dream. Yet when she looked down, she discovered an old doll lying next to her foot; a doll that closely resembles her...
- Cute, but Cacophonic: Her splash art is adorable but her vocal lines are obnoxiously high pitched.
- Hell Is That Noise: Kata kata!
- Or Was It a Dream?: The actual Tica thought her strange dream was over until she saw a doll replica of her nearby.
- Robot Me: She is similar to Tica outwardly, but then you see her clockwork motions and her little puppets coming from her own body...
- Race: Insect tribe (Butterfly)Age: 20 years old (27th of Snow Month)
As a result of the Insect Tribe's defeat in their war with the Alliance 9 years ago, Princess Tindoiimu was given up as political hostage along with her servant Tingko and nanny Jiyanama. Although on the surface the Alliance respects the princess' wishes, in truth they have her under strict supervision. As a result, Tindoiimu has lost much of the vivacious personality that defined her as a child - doing her best to avoid speaking out and angering the Alliance, with hopes of saving the Insect tribe from more of their scorn. After becoming wrapped up with Juan Yun, sensing his kind spirit in spite of his overbearing advances, certain complicated emotions begin to take root.
- Anger Born of Worry: She often reprimands her subjects for putting themselves in danger while serving her.
- Cleavage Window: Her outfits show off her cleavage.
- Deliberate Injury Gambit: She is not averse to hurt herself to achieve any goal.
- Et Tu, Brute?: She is absolutely furious over Soohyeon's inaction and Baa Baa's betrayal which result in her tribesmen being slaughtered right before her eyes. She immediately attempts to kill Baa Baa on the spot after the massacre and later betrays Soohyeon in return by ratting out the bewitched that Soohyeon has been trying to protect.
- Flash Step: Notably at SSR, she's capable of attacking from various angles in rapid succession.
- Live Mink Coat: Her blue skirt in defense stance at SSR is composed of butterflies, which disperse to give her some leg room every time she enters attack stance.
- Pretty Butterflies: Her Bond Creature is a butterfly named Butter.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After learning that the Alliance is going to destroy her kingdom despite everything she has done, Tindoiimu vows to win the Martial Arts Tournament and then destroy the Alliance, becoming a much angrier person ever since.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: At one point she was disguised as a man by Tingko. Sophie, who didn't know her, fell in love at first sight.
- Warrior Princess: The princess of the insect tribe, and a capable fighter.
- Race: Feather TribeAge: 21 yrs old (9th of Frost month)
Dressing up her clumsiness for her companions' sake, she accidentally brought all the attention to her. Maintaining perfect balance, controlling wind and water, she stands on a board while whipping back and forth on the lake. The cool splashes she creates disperses the Atlas heat...
After the fair ended, the smiles of her companions remain in Yamitsuki's mind. These smiles become the drive that motivates her to keep protecting others...
- Badass in Distress: Kidnapped by bandits when they infiltrate the festival and threaten to start killing people if she doesn't cooperate.
- Bridal Carry: By Nigel.
- Cool Board: Carries a neon blue and gold surfboard and uses it as a weapon.
- Did They or Didn't They?: With Nigel at the end of the event. At the very least they spent some time together in the castle, and they're much less awkward around each other than they had been.
- Flash Step: Whenever her passive (or advisor) skill activates she summons her wings and snaps across the screen to damage all enemies. While riding her surfboard.
- Purple Is Powerful: Wears a purple bikini, nearly the color of her wingtips.
- Relationship Upgrade: With Nigel. Maybe.
- Scars Are Forever: For the first time her scars are completely exposed. And they do absolutely nothing to detract from her extraordinary beauty.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Seems to have started up with Nigel between the end of Sunset and the Summer Ceremony event. Yami being Yami she doesn't seem to notice. It seems to be resolved at the end of the festival
- Race: Axolotl BeastmanAge: 20 years old (29th of Sun Month)
Close friends with Arbiter Maeok's daughter Soohyeon since childhood, they often get locked in friendly competition. Although he's never beat her in anything and sees her as his arch-rival, he'll still jump forward to protect her from even the slightest sign of danger. Sometimes he doesn't understand what she's thinking and tries too hard to play it cool, ending up saying something awkward instead. Soohyeon truly occupies a large space in Yonghyeon's heart.
- Battle Boomerang: His weapon prior to SSR.
- Childhood Friends: He has been Soohyeon's friend since young, even when they can be rather vitriolic with each other sometimes. This is reflected with Soohyeon's passive being especially beneficial for Yonghyeon.
- Double Weapon: He wields one at SSR, although he can still throw it like a boomerang for his 2o.