Gold Orb Characters
- Race: HumanAge: 20 yrs old (16th of Dew month)
Purple, elegant and royal.
Putting down her status and responsibilities as the Queen, this place is a secret playground that only belongs to them.
Her first time traveling (for fun) and her first time playing in the water; with her eyes blindfolded, this is a whole new world for her. To live up to everyone's expectations, she's got to have so much fun her heart explodes. That way, she'll light up the summer for everybody.
That summer day, the memory that they all cherish lives in the heart of Angelia, the most radiant jewel of them all...
- Blind Weaponmaster: She's basically playing pinata here, and so she swings around her sword blindfolded. In fact, she is also carried across the stage by some soldiers since she likely can't see where she's going.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple/Purple Is Powerful: An invoked imagery: Out of the four MZ girls, she is the only noncombatant narratively, thus invoking the graceful part, and she is the queen, invoking the powerful part.
- Luck-Based Mission: Her soldiers throw melons at random, and she herself also attacks at random due to being blindfolded. The only certainty she has is that if any enemy has maximum melon stack (five), she automatically detonates them on her next attack.
- Produce Pelting: Her main gimmick is to stack up melons on enemies, before she strikes an enemy and detonates the melons.
- Race: HumanAge: 23 yrs old (15th of Maple month)
Rune Academy graduate student and teaching assistant. A self-proclaimed "Explorer", Charle was young, energetic and filled with passion. Curious about the world outside of Kingdom of the Sun, he was especially keen about researching ancient civilizations.
Because of this, Charle often took his self-made rune item "Owl Boy" and went on adventures to different regions all by himself. His trails covered almost all of continent Vendacti!
Explorer Charle has visited fallen kingdoms, dug out ancient runes, sneaked into trap-filled hidden ruins, dealt with scary crises caused by monsters and more... Wherever he went, strange incidents always seemed to accompany him!
However, the brave young Charle was rather simple-minded and reckless.That gave him some difficult times during his adventures. Hungry and freezing nights were quite the regular occurrence too. Perhaps his current "unique" taste in food is a product of all those adventuring experiences during his younger days.
- Adventurer Archeologist: His bio hints at this. In-game, his 2o has him do a grapplehook swing to attack.
- Dynamic Entry: Unlike the usual case of this trope in the game (where the character instantly attacks), Charle's case is instead having his skill power doubled for the first use each combat, meaning that if he open fire with an attack, it's going to hurt a lot.
- Race: Bear BeastmenAge: 33 yrs old (5th of Dew month)
Chieftain of the Bears who wields a gigantic totem. A deep thinker with boundless philosophical wisdom. Like Colonel Dylan of the Sunshine Infantry, he thinks war should only be used as a last resort.
Feeling he must uphold the dignity of his office, he has trouble expressing his feelings as Dagger's foster father. His overly strict parenting style has caused the two to become estranged.
He's actually very fond of the cub, and the death of Dagger's father haunts him to this day.
- A Father to His Men: Cares about his people as if they were his family. Dagger is the most obvious example of this trope.
- Eye Scream: Loses an eye to an arrow while trying to protect Dagger - his SSR art has a very noticeable scar.
- The Mentor: Is this to Dagger.
- My Greatest Failure: The death of Dagger's father weighs heavily on his conscience to the present day, and is what inspired his change from a hotheaded young bear to a chieftain working hard to protect his people.
- Nice Hat: His crown which seems to be made of bone with embedded gemstones.
- Parental Substitute: To Dagger, whose father died at some unspecified point protecting Crushfang.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Despite his fearsome appearance, he's a wise and thoughtful ruler. He treats Angelia with civility, and accepts that the miners sneaking into bear territory are doing so illegally. He also (politely) refuses to accept her initial deal, pointing out that until she assumes the Sun throne, she has no authority to uphold its terms.
- Telephone Polearm: His weapon of choice is an enormous totem, which he wields with surprising ease.
- You Remind Me of X: Dagger reminds him much of himself when he was younger - headstrong, impetuous, and eager for a fight.
- Race: HumanAge: 47 yrs old (12th of Dew month)
Previous Colonel to Kingdom of The Sun's Royal Infantry, a legendary hero of numerous frontier campaigns who made a mark in history during the Borderland Battle. Has a steady and sensible attitude, and is a reliable person worthy of high praise.
Advocates peace, opting to solve conflicts using words. Considers war to be an extension of politics and a failure of diplomacy, hence putting off violence until all other possibilities have been exhausted.
Assigned to protect the Princess by late King William, he has grown very fond of Angelia, who looks up to him not simply as a teacher, but also a father figure.
- Anger Born of Worry: During the Summer Fantasy event, Dylan is furious when he finds out that Angelia has sneaked out without his knowledge (not helped by the fact that Fredrica doesn't seem to care when he grills her about it), fearing that she may be in danger. As soon as he sees that the vacation has helped ease Angelia's stress, however, he quickly simmers down.
- A Father to His Men: He considers the Royal Infantry to be his family, as shown in a few characters' storyline, like Sione.
- Cast From Armor: From SR-rank onwards, his 2o skill strips his remaining Armor and turns it into bonus damage.
- Colonel Badass: His previous position in the Infantry before he was assigned to be Angelia's bodyguard.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: He carries a huge shield that feature in his skills. This shield is adorned with rune magic, which explains why he can carry it single-handedly.
- My Greatest Failure: His failure to protect King William turns him into the shield-toting Father to His Men he is today instead of the Guts Expy he is in his younger SP form.
- Shield Bash: His shield is his only weapon, so when he attacks via his 2o skill, he just slams the shield on the enemy.
- Stone Wall: His skillset mostly revolves around taunting enemies and generating Armor while allowing his allies to make free attacks.
- Supreme Chef: He's known to be a skilled chef. In the Summer Fantasy event, he can be seen cooking dinner for all revelers at Maple Lake.
- Race: DemihumanAge: 18 yrs old (8th of Ice month)
A top student at Rune Academy. Not long after he was born, his birth mother entrusted him to headmaster Charle. Charle later adopted him as his son. His cool appearance may give off the impression that he is cold and inhospitable. However, in reality, he has a personality that is careful and earnest. A very self-disciplined person, he is never rude and treats everyone he meets with a great amount of respect. For the young girls of Rune Academy, Elio is the ideal partner they dreamed of having.
For the majority of his life, Elio has worked hard to gain acknowledgment from his foster father, Charle. However, deep down inside, he continues to have questions regarding his own ancestry. Therefore, he has been constantly searching for related clues in private.
- Back from the Dead: Downplayed. Unlike Shirley, who takes 4 orbs to resurrect, he takes 7 orbs instead of the usual 10 for Gold characters. Crosses into Fridge Brilliance when you realize that he's half human, and that his mother is Shirley. (10+4) divided by 2 equals 7.
- Chick Magnet: As stated in the bio, the girls in Rune Academy believes he's the ideal partner. Even Word of God states that at his birthdays, riots will start because of his admirers.
- Healing Factor: His passive reduces the amount of healing he receives from allies, making traditional support less than useful on him. Instead, he relies on his 2o skill, which gives him the Armor Shift buff (healing him for a portion of his Armor) when used against armored opponents.
- Feather Motif: His second rune medium is a feather. His Character Mineral depicts said feather. Hints at his true nature as a Feather Tribe member. Also points at his lineage (he's Shirley's son).
- Light 'em Up: He uses life magic for his attacks, which manifests as glowing golden energy. This is what clues Aosta in to the fact that Elio had found Morris' sealed laboratory.
- Luke, You Are My Father: Tells this to Theodore.
- Orphan's Plot Trinket: Elio's rune medium, a feather which reveals a pre-recorded message from his mother when he awakens as a feather tribe member.
- Walking Spoiler: More like Winged Spoiler, but it's really hard talking about him without avoiding landmines. His spoiler-lined tropes practically demonstrate this.
- Race: ???Age: Manufactured a year ago (10th of Fire month)
Assembled from corpse parts and codenamed No. 46, this is Aosta's first successful postmortem animation.
Immensely strong but clumsy as well, it has the intelligence and vocabulary of a 3 year old. Feelings of intense happiness can cause it to run amok.
Long hours in the lab have made it very curious about the outside world. One of Aosta's most prized possessions, a Character Mineral, is stuck on the back of its head, controlling every move it makes...
- Back from the Dead: Was formed from corpse parts of Void Monsters. Is also this for Morris Dietrich, of sorts.
- Cyber Cyclops: He has one eye, and as a mechanical construct, he fits this trope.
- It Can Think: Aosta made him as a potential host body for Morris Dietrich, sure, but he occasionally displays independent behaviors.
- Race: GolemAge: Estimated at least 20 yrs old (Birthdate unknown)
One of many Golems that live amongst the caves of Totemtaff, and the only Golem to ever bear a name. Relatively tame, he appears to genuinely like humans unlike other Golems.
Revered by Bears since ancient times, these magnificent creatures thrive on solid earth, using it as both food and shelter. As they mature, Golems sprout gem rocks upon their backs, the objects used to power rune devices. As a consequence, human runesmiths covet these gemstones, one of the main reasons for ongoing Human-Bear hostilities.
- Race: DemihumanAge: 17 yrs old (30th of Maple month)
A mysterious demihuman who suddenly appeared in front of Nigel and Yamitsuki.
Hidden behind the adorable appearance is a being whose strength is simply impossible to predict. Although always found with a relaxing and confident smile, his personality is, in fact, deep, methodical and hard to grasp. Occasionally, he will speak terrifying words that send chills down one's spine while still sporting his trademark smile.
Right now, he accompanies and assists Nigel for the sake of helping demihumans achieve a better future. Izumi has taken a great interest in Nigel, but Yamitsuki suspects that he's up to something.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: His storyline (where he instantly kills a hapless demihuman after accidentally seeing his real form) and interaction with Uzziah strongly suggests that the fox demihuman he appears to be is not actually his true self.
- Ambiguous Gender: Looks like a girl and is voiced by a woman, though the dialogue refers to them as a 'he' and translations of his dialogue from other languages indicate them being referred to with gender-neutral pronouns.
- Hair Decorations: Wears ribbon in their hair in their R and SR forms which gets upgraded into a flower for their SSR form.
- Kitsune: Always smiling, and always unpredictable. One of their attacks has them growing nine tails.
- Little Bit Beastly: He's a fox demihuman with foxy ears and a tail. Their SSR form adds painted whiskers.
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: Gold characters are usually straightforward frontline damage dealers or defenders focusing on drawing fire away from their more fragile teammates. Izumi, on the other hand, has no active skills that deal damage, and requires his teammates to draw fire away from him so that he can use his more useful skillset, including his Delaying Action and damaging passive.
- Race: HumanAge: 32 yrs old (31st of Dew month)
Colonel of Kingdom of The Sun's Royal Infantry. Heir to a destitute noble house and object of constant ridicule from other nobles, he swore he would ascend to the highest levels of power, no matter what the cost.
Selfish and mean, he delights in bullying others. He flatters his superiors outrageously, while making the lives of his subordinates miserable.
Sloppy, careless and constantly overlooks important details. He is an accomplished brownnoser who claims to be Theodore's right hand man.
- Beware the Silly Ones: He's a well-known buffoon among the nobles, making him look like a good-for-nothing loser. However, he's actually very well-versed in noble politics, and is incredibly efficient and willing to get dirty in executing deadly missions from Theodore.
- Dirty Coward: Jahan's main strategy is to feign all sorts of pain and counterattack with poison when the enemy lets their guard down.
- Skunk Stripe: As a member of the noble Augustinus family, he has a streak of orange in his otherwise dark brown hair.
- Race: HumanAge: 23 yrs old (22nd of Dawn month)
An officer who serves under the direct command of Fredrica Lucien. Even though he is young, he has quite a rigorous personality. Paired that with an old-fashioned way of thinking and you get someone who has zero sense of humor. He takes great pride in the fact that he's a member of the Kingdom army. Thus, he is never sloppy when it comes to his work.
A serious and constantly worrying guy, his time at work often bogs down to two things: Either forced to clean up the messes, sometimes straight-up chaos, for the lazy Fredrica or get dragged around in circles by her wacky shenanigans. Because of this, he really doesn't trust Fredrica.
Although this tense relationship has been improving recently, he still spends his days toiling and worrying for Fredrica.
- Race: Frogodile BeastmenAge: 5 yrs old (28th of Fire month)
The self proclaimed Tyrant of the Lake, needless to say this frogodile inhabitant is unpleasant in the extreme.
Vicious and crafty, he speaks in an obnoxiously loud voice and views all other residents of Maple Lake as food. He carefully places little succulent plants on his head to entice other creatures to come closer.
An all around troublemaker who leads other frogodiles. Dislikes the mermaid Hestia and loathes Yan-Bo, the old capybara with a passion.
- Gang of Critters: Karnulla tags along with other frogodiles who are a quarter his size.
- I Shall Taunt You: Karnulla's main strategy is to taunt his opponents into attacking him so he can counterattack after dodging. His one-orb and four-orb abilities stack high dodge chance and counterattack damage, at the cost of causing the enemy to skip their cooldown and act immediately.
- Nature Is Not Nice: Is a big believer of this.
- Predators Are Mean: Aside from his need to eat meat, he's also antagonistic to several other Maple Lake residents such as Hestia and Yan-Bo.
- Orc Raised by Elves: He was raised as a baby by Yan-Bo to be a good frog. Unfortunately, Yan-Bo was too strict and forced the carnivore to eat plant-based monsters only, which led him to snap.
- Papa Wolf: Woe betide anyone who harms his bambinosnote , as he will hunt them down in vengeance.
- Race: Wolf BeastmanAge: 44 yrs old (1st of Maple month)
A herculean, wolf demihuman from the East Alliance who is known to be a renowned martial arts master within his tribe. Usually, he is humble, peace-loving, and encourages others to be virtuous. Try as he may, he can't hide the fact that in reality, he is explosive and short-tempered. He often lets his true nature get the best of him and will explode with complete disregard for the consequences. But as fast as his rage comes it goes, leaving him regretful and bewildered about his actions. This process is constantly repeating itself, causing him to continue to search for inner peace.
Although he is always quarreling with his disciple Miranda, their teacher-student relationship is exceptionally deep. He is a long-time friend of Yan-Bo's from his days in Maple Lake, though they haven't seen each other for quite some time.
- Carry a Big Stick: His weapon is a huge monk staff.
- Hypocritical Humor: Chastises his pupil Miranda for being a Leeroy Jenkins... mere minutes after he himself flies into a violent rage and beats up a rowdy crowd at the drop of a hat.
- Rage Breaking Point: His passive. Every time he takes a hit from a taunting enemy, he builds up fury, and at 3 fury, he instantly counterattacks.
- Race: DemihumanAge: 11 yrs old (11th of Sun month)
When helping Angelia drive away the monsters back at the Slums, Lio had to sacrifice his precious Flutterfly.
The loss of Flutterfly left Lio down and depressed. To cheer up Lio, Angelia requested Rune Academy to develop "Flutterfly MAX!" and gave it to Lio as a surprise gift!
The sight of "Flutterfly MAX!" made Lio super excited. He immediately hopped into the cockpit and took his new toy for a spin. He soared through the skies of continent Vendacti, leaving behind streams of contrails! However, due to the immense amount of Soul Energy "Flutterfly MAX!" consumes, it was no longer operational after day 1.
- Mini-Mecha: This is Flutterfly MAX in a nutshell.
Lisa Ortiz Aguilar
- Race: HumanAge: 6 yrs old (28th of Dawn month)
Mechanican merchant Sherlock's adopted daughter.
When she was a child, she met Desert Bazaar merchant Sherlock on the battlefield. After noticing her talent to gather a crowd, Sherlock adopted her.
When she was adopted, Lisa was a cute, independent and polite little girl. She did her job well, dancing at Sherlock's booth every day to help him gather customers.
One day, her foster father Sherlock was kidnapped by debt collectors. The then six-year-old Lisa, in all her panic and desperation, turned her eyes to the equipment that has been lying around in Sherlock's home.
Armed with a whole arsenal of gadgets and weapons from the Mechanical Empire, young Lisa broke into the enemy's stronghold by herself and would stop at nothing until she rescued her dear father!
- Badass Adorable: Who knew a six-year old little girl would pick up heavy machinery to save his adopted father?
MariaThough her history is unclear, it's been said that she comes from the Mechanical Territory. She is pre-programmed with fighting abilities, but due to a malfunction, she's forgotten her raison d'etre, Secret Mission: @%^$!)(*!$&&@#*&. Her personality is that of an innocent toddler, with an immense curiosity regarding the world around her. She possesses abundant energy and has yet to understand jealousy, doubt, and other negative human emotions.
For some unknown reason, she floated to the harbor of the Desert Kingdom. Originally she was considered trash and tossed to the side. Luckily, Clark happened to be passing by, and as an expert in Rune items was able to repair her. However, her system still occasionally crashes, causing problems mostly for Clark. She lacks common sense and an understanding of inter-personal issues, causing her to both shock and delight those around her.
Maria especially loves Clark and the Rune-powered bird that he created, Chu Chu. She takes Clark to be her primary master and follows him wherever he goes.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Just about anything has the possibility of distracting her, but birds are guaranteed to make her stop whatever she's doing and hare off.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Easily a candidate for "strongest character in the game to date". Also a ditz with the maturity of a toddler.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Her mental age is akin to that of a toddler so she's easily distracted and doesn't get societal rules.
- Declaration of Protection: "Maria will protect Master!" By going berserk if anyone comes in arms-length of him, apparently.
- Do-Anything Robot: She scans people and projects holograms from her eyes, she has a Rocket Punch, can fly at will, has Super Strength and can form a sniper rifle from her arm.
- I Owe You My Life: The basis of her relationship with Clark.
- Nature Loving Robot: Adores birds in particular.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Her SSR form where her original, Killer Robot programming reasserts itself.
- Robot Girl: An unusually humanlike one.
- Rocket Punch: Her original 2o. She even says "Maria Punch!" as her hands fly forward.
- Super-Powered Robot Meter Maids: She flies! Takes pictures! Lifts great weights! Is always cheerful! Possibly averted in that she's was specifically created to move into human society and extract/deal with a target. With extreme prejudice. In particular, she's on a mission to hunt down Sherlock.
Masked GirlMysterious guest summoned by Theodore's experimental magic circle.
Wears a snowy white mask that shows no emotion. Seems to know everything about the treehouse and the world surrounding it. She is also the calmest one among the three summoned guests.
Not exactly friendly to Alice. She uses all kinds of methods to prevent Alice from returning to the world beyond the skylight.
However, for some unknown reason, the Masked Girl always behaves herself whenever Deemo is around.
The Masked Girl carries a pocket watch with her all the time. A concealed message is carved on the inside of the pocket watch: "yrasrevinna ht5".
- Guest Fighter: From the same game as Deemo and Alice.
- Improbable Weapon User: Her two swords are clock arms that she conjures from her pocket watch.
- Woman in White: Complete with a White Mask of Doom to give her a truly otherworldly feel.
- Your Days Are Numbered: Her unique passive means that if the battle isn't over within 12 turns, she goes down.
- Race: HumanAge: 25 yrs old (1st of Snow month)
Emerald, free as the rolling hills. Imagine the vast, lush prairies, the mysterious colors beneath the surface of the lake. A new chance encounter, a new partner...is it a friend or foe?
To protect the smile on the Queen's face, she fights alongside her new partner. A soaking wet battle that's exciting and stimulating is about to unfold. On that summer day, the encounter with a sticky, wet creature is something Naya will never forget...
- Bond Creature: She hilariously befriends a jellyfish, which she absolutely finds annoying especially when it constantly tries to latch onto her face.
- Race: DemihumanAge: 23 yrs old (7th of Mist month)
A youth working in a a Slums dye workshop, who habitually hides his good looks under a cowl. Does everything he can to help the Slums' residents and is viewed by many as a leader. Lio is one of many who worships him.
He doesn't like when people disagree with him. Brash and bold, or so it seems, he's actually a sensitive soul that uses bluster to hide that fact.
One of Yamitsuki's childhood friends, he harbors deep resentment towards the kingdom's nobility.
After carrying out his revenge plot, this demihuman is hellbent on getting even with humans who once looked down upon his kind.
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters: When the opportunity presents itself, he sabotages Theodore's flying castle in a bid to send it crashing to kill all nobles onboard, and he does this as a revenge for the nobles' mistreatments to the oppressed.
- Race: HumanAge: Appears 22 yrs old/Actually 35 yrs old (14th of Sun month)
Nolva was reading a storybook to the village children. The fairy tale was so brilliant that even Nolva herself was enthralled by it. That night, Nolva had a dream ── She fell into a mysterious and incredible world.
The monster Waverlyde has been reimagined as the Cheshire Cat and accompanied Nolva to many places. She got to know all kinds of bizarre friends and even got herself into some unprecedented danger!
In order to escape this fantastically ridiculous dream, Nolva had to utilize her new power of controlling monsters. Under Waverlyde's guidance, they embark on an exciting adventure in wonderland!
- Alice Allusion: Blatantly so. She dresses like Alice, she transforms into a white hare when not in combat, Waverlyde becomes Cheshire Cat, and her attacks includes tea party, card soldiers, and growth potion.
- Assist Character: This is Waverlyde role in this form: Attacking an enemy every fourth turn.
- Race: Tiger BeastmanAge: 20 yrs old (29th of Sea month)
A wandering tiger from the East Alliance, skilled in martial arts and speaks in the lilting tongue of the Orient. Large of frame and expert in unarmed combat, this big bruiser descends from a long line of royal guardians. Has major trust issues since someone fooled him into betraying his tribe, causing his exile. He now travels within Kingdom Of The Sun, honing his fighting skills in the company of Puggi, whom is slowly teaching him to trust again. Beneath the calm, collected exterior, a formidable humorist lurks underneath. Trouble is, only Puggi really understands his jokes.
Freed from his former inhibitions, he works harder than ever to build his reputation of a well respected martial arts master.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: He's a skilled martial artist even before he starts taking lessons from Yan-bo.
- Cat Folk: He's a large anthropomorphic tiger.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Poor Pang has to keep Puggi from getting himself killed several times over due to the bird-brained owl's sheer stupidity.
- Combo: The basis of his skillset. His 1o and 2o skills build stacks of Winded Up - at four stacks, his next cast is followed up by a flurry of blows or (at max tier) a single bone-crunching punch.
- The Exile: He was banished from his homeland after he was caught between helping a friend and protecting the Alliance.
- Oral Fixation: He always carries a bit of straw in his teeth.
- Running on All Fours: This is his running animation.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: The straight man to Puggi's wise guy, though Pang isn't above a bit of punning now and again.
- Top-Heavy Guy: Though it's particularly blatant with the game's art style, his appearances in artwork confirm that he's much broader around his chest and arms than his legs and waist.
- Race: HumanAge: 40 yrs old (30th of Rain month)
A one time bandit leader of Paradise Prairie, whose right arm was bitten by monsters and eventually amputated to prevent fatal consequences.
Upright and unyielding, he places great value on loyalty and would do anything for friends or family. Cares deeply for Kittyeyes and his other followers. Unfortunately, where monsters once grazed and gnawed his infected wound spreads a malicious consciousness gradually taking over his mind......
Currently lying low with Kittyeyes somewhere on Paradise Prairie.
- An Arm and a Leg: Roger had his arm cut off to halt the spread of his void disease. It ultimately doesn't work, as the void disease can take over and drive him rabid on occasions, such as when he's injured.
- Like Brother and Sister: One-sided. Roger had originally viewed Kittyeyes as like a younger sister despite her obvious desire to be more romantically involved due to her resemblance to his deceased sister. When their bandit camp is raided, he concedes to try and begin a relationship with her before suffering from a void disease attack that left him genuinely believing Kittyeyes was his deceased sister. She plays along after failing to convince him otherwise.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: While perfectly amicable, he used to be a notorious bandit leader. Overlaps with Glowing Eyes of Doom when his void disease takes over.
- Race: HumanAge: 20 yrs old (6th of Sea month)
For as long as Rune can remember, he has been a slave. He was sold to the Desert Kingdom by a slave trader and was raised as a slave warrior. Fierce and large in stature, he's an expert in battle. Since his multiple masters have only ever valued his physical abilities and never see him as a real human being, he is used to running on all fours and possesses communication skills akin to that of a child. He requires a command from his master to do anything and lacks the ability to distinguish between good and evil. At first glance, he appears to be a fierce beast, but in reality, he is loyal, sincere and kindhearted. On his body remain many scars, a result of the lashes he received during his time as a slave.
- The Berserker: His attacks are overpowered but seriously damage his team.
- Extreme Doormat: Back when he is a slave, he follows orders to the letter, and even after being freed by winning the Martyr's Colliseum, he's still prone to accepting order from random strangers.
- Manchild: He behaves like a child around Sophie. Considering his upbringing, though, this is a step up from his previous state.
- Power Tattoo: Rune is named after his rune augmentations, giving him superhuman powers at the cost of intelligence.
- What Is This Feeling?: After beating up Sanchez for his betrayal, Rune is confused about the strange feeling he gets until Sophie explains to him.
- Race: DemihumanAge: 27 yrs old (3rd of Maple month)
Mysterious member of the feather tribe. A spy and killer raised by the Dracontines since she was a child. Has an ever-changing personality, sometimes cheerful and outgoing, other times cold and mysterious. She has both the grace and confidence similar to that of a noble.
Shirley was tasked to go undercover in Rune Academy, then Kingdom of the Sun. However, in the latter mission, she fell in love with Theodore and ended up bearing his child. To protect her unborn child, Shirley chose to disappear, but in turn caused Theodore to become suspicious. Utimately, she died at the hands of Theodore.
- Blood Magic: Overlaps with Cast from Hit Points. Shirley cuts herself to grant her allies Armour. Justified in that Feather Tribe members are said to have flesh and blood comprised of pure soul energy.
- Back from the Dead: How her gameplay works. She's dead in the story however.
- Feather Motif: She's from the Feather Tribe. Even her Character Mineral's symbol is a feather.
- Missing Mom: To Elio.
- Race: HumanAge: 21 yrs old (6th of Ice month)
A striking woman from a Kingdom Of The Sun noble house; an ice queen with snow white hair and a frosty demeanor. Underneath the seemingly cold appearance lies a straightforward and earnest soldier, who loves to get to the bottom of things.
Unaccustomed to the cloak and dagger struggle among the aristocracy, also undesiring to be a political pawn her whole life, she chose to leave home and enlist in the army. A former bodyguard to the princess, the two young women remain close to this day.
Currently Dylan's second in command, she idolizes him very much.
- Race: HumanAge: 16 yrs old (26th of Ice month)
To make up for her missing credits, Tica was sent on a mission to Atlas. During the night, Tica decided to follow a mysterious singing voice that appeared out of nowhere. While she was wandering around tracking down the song, the previously quiet and desolated streets suddenly sprung back into life. In an instant, the place did a complete 180 and regained its former glory as a prosperous trade center. A massive carnival parade was being held!
All sorts of marionettes were dancing and singing on the streets, celebrating the occasion. Tica was also dragged into the center of the parade and took part in the party. Slowly but surely, she was transformed into a marionette and began using all sorts of mysterious powers...
When the streets returned to its silent state, Tica snapped out of her drowse as well. At first, she thought that it was all a dream. Yet when she looked down, she discovered an old doll lying next to her foot; a doll that closely resembles her...
- Cute, but Cacophonic: Her splash art is adorable but her vocal lines are obnoxiously high pitched.
- Hell Is That Noise: Kata kata!
- Or Was It a Dream?: She thought her strange dream was over until she saw a doll replica of her nearby.
- Robot Me: She is similar to Tica outwardly, but then you see her clockwork motions and her little puppets coming from her own body...