Black Orb Characters
- Race: HumanAge: 20 yrs old (16th of Dew month)
The Kingdom of the Sun's princess, fighting for the sake of her people.Softhearted, gentle and compassionate; her personality is her strength, but also her weakness. Soldiers are willing to fight to the death for the kind princess. However, every time someone falls in battle, the amount of pain and self-blame Angelia places on herself increases.Even though she has no combat experience, she still wants to stand by her people. With that belief in mind, Angelia suited up in her combat gear and journeyed to the frontlines. On the bloody, lifeless and dark battlefield, she is the beacon of light that leads the way.
- Clothing Damage: Her dress is torn in several places, and the gown seems to have been torn in the front.
- Combination Attack: She's the only "commander" character who can trigger multiple allies with a single cast.
- Darkest Hour: The exact circumstances remain unknown but the prologue certainly implies she's facing hers.
- Frontline General: Though she still is no fighter, this Angelia actively leads her forces.
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery: Her dress may be ruined but she headed to the front lines dressed to kill.
- Lady in Red: Her dress is a bright crimson in striking contrast to her usual white.
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: Despite being a black orb character, she has no damage skills of her own, instead relying on buffing her allies and having them fight for her.
- Race: HumanAge: Appears 33 yrs old/Actually 60 yrs old (15th of Maple month)
Headmaster of the Rune Academy and Head of Applied Magic, whose research focuses on improving the lives of common folk. Holds strong ties with Morris, Aosta's old mentor.
Has a wonderful sense of humor and is always seen with a smile, which earned him popularity among the pupils of Rune Academy. Even so, he speaks with a wisdom far beyond the years of his appearance.
Is incapable of living alone and knocks over things due to clumsiness, and tends to forget eating once completely buried in research.
- Absent-Minded Professor: Comes across as a bit of a bumbler, especially when his intellectual curiosity is stimulated. Though he sometimes plays this up for effect, it's not all acting.
- The Archmage: A very powerful veteran rune sorcerer. Best demonstrated in his effortless beatdown on Devious and Zola.
- Big Damn Heroes:
- His arrival when Devious manages to corner Rune and Clark essentially spells the villain's doom.
- He arrives after Zola trounces Barbara and Tica to violently teach the Dracontine a thing or two about rune magic combat.
- Dads Can't Cook: Charle's cooking is horrible, as Leah's character storyline reveals.
- Foil: He and Morris are practically opposite of each other.
- Charle has long, white hair and wears a white robe, while Morris has short, black hair and wears a black robe.
- Charle is a gentle and caring teacher of Applied Magic, while Morris is the haughty and arrogant teacher of Life Magic.
- Their skills destroy orbs in the command zone, but while Charle destroys orbs indiscriminately, Morris can specifically choose which color is destroyed.
- Their passives reward you for ordering them to attack repeatedly, but while Charle follows up repeated use of his 2o skill with more attack from himself, Morris instead causes his non-acting teammates to attack.
- Good Parent: He knew nothing of Elio save that he was the bastard son of an unknown Sun Kingdom noble, but nonetheless raised him to be the intelligent, good-natured young man that he is today. It wasn't enough.
- I Take Offense to That Last One!: Of all the things Devious rants about when Evil Gloating, Charle is quick to correct that he's not a youngling.
- Lethal Chef: The few times we see him cook, other characters' reaction to the dish is immediate repulsion.
- My Greatest Failure: The death of Gotthold, a favored pupil, during a mission in Atlas hit him hard, but he eventually recovers thanks to Morris.
- Older Than They Look: He appears to be 33, but is actually 60 years old. Caused by the same magical accident that killed Morris.
- The Mentor: To Tica. More generally he's a mentor to all Rune Academy students. He is the headmaster, after all.
- The Odd Couple: With Morris.
- Trauma Conga Line: In his backstory, his prized student is killed during a research expedition, and then his best friend dies saving him from a lab accident. In the present, the Sun Kingdom civil war causes a surge of students leaving the academy to fight in the war. Then his adopted son insists on joining Angelia's side in the war. Then he finds out his son's provenance, at the same time the boy goes AWOL. Then Charle's replaced as headmaster and spends months futilely searching for his son. When he does get news it turns out the boy's in the Desert Kingdom... except by the time he gets there, Aosta's already taken Elio, then in trying to save the academy from the Dracontines, he manages to save his son, only for him and Morris to ultimately die.
- Race: Bear TribeAge: 13 yrs old (3rd of Rain month)
A young impulsive bear from Totemtaff, nonsensical and irrational with a soft spot for Golems. Wields a stone fish weapon dug up during his Rite of Passage.
When he was still a cub, his father was killed while protecting Crushfang during a Bear assault on Kingdom of The Sun. As a result, he now harbors an intense hatred towards the kingdom and resents Crushfang, his adoptive father.
Despises Crushfang's pacifism, and advocates waging war on the humans.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: His youth and inexperience means that he rushes in to every combat situation. Part of his development is learning when to retreat, and when to fight at all.
- Carry a Big Stick: He wields a large, stone club carved to resemble a fish. While initially embarrassed by it, it's actually a very solid weapon.
- The Cavalry: He's Angelia's in the final confrontation with Theodore. And he brings along Roger and Kittyeyes for extra muscle power.
- Civilised Animal: Is a bear who walks on his hindlegs and can speak.
- Delaying Action: His niche delaying enemy turns. With the right team, his normal and alternate skillsets can completely prevent an enemy from acting.
- Energy Weapon: His 2o sees his fish weapon fire a laser blast at SSR.
- Fantastic Racism: Initially hostile to humans because they killed his dad and they're constantly sneaking into Totemtaff to steal gemstones. However, he comes to admire Angelia's ideals and conviction, to the point of arguing with Crushfang for NOT immediately siding with her.
- Gondor Calls for Aid: Turns out he called for reinforcements of his own during the final battle with Theodore. Sure enough, Roger and Kittyeyes show up to counter Fredrica, Sharice and Jerome's advance.
- Interspecies Romance: Has a huge crush on Angelia.
- Leeroy Jenkins: He often lets his temper and club do the talking.
- Not So Different: His adoptive father, Crushfang, was just like him at his age.
- Odd Friendship: Hates humans early on, but quickly starts making friends with them after leaving Totemtaff for the first time.
- Power Trio: Forms the Bear Trio along with Crushfang and Dumb Bear Soldier.
- Totem Weapon: A bear's totem weapon supposedly divines something about their future. His is a giant fish.
- Younger Than They Look: Even though he looks like a fully mature bear, he's only 13 years old, making him an oversized teenager.
- You're Not My Father: Is often disrespectful to Crushfang and openly blames him for his biological father's death. They eventually mend bridges.
A black humanoid creature who doesn't speak a word. Has long fingers and glowing white eyes.
In order to help Alice go back to where she came from, Deemo plays the piano. His music allows a magical seed to keep growing. The hope is that one day, this seed can grow into a massive tree that reaches the skies.
He is very kind to both Alice and the Masked Girl.
This is the world inside the mirror. If you want to know more, please go ask the Masked Girl.
- The Blank: Deemo has dots for eyes and no mouth, nose, or ears
- Expy: The Slender Man, if Slender Man was a friendly piano player.
- Guest Fighter: From his eponymous game.
- Magic Music: In the original game, playing the piano would help a tree growth. In this game, it strengthens allies or rouses them from unconsciousness.
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: Despite being a black orb character, he has no combat skills on his own. His abilities instead support his teammates and activate their skills.
- Not Too Dead to Save the Day: His main gimmick is that he starts a battle dead and needs to be revived to use his skills. Even while dead though he can still grant his team members small amounts of armor.
- The Piano Player: As expected from Deemo himself!
- Too Awesome to Use: His advisor skill immediately revives all your fallen party member, but it has a cooldown of 30 turns (The next longest advisor skill cooldown is Leah Alt at 12).
- The Voiceless: A holdover from his original game. Even on his Info page his birthdate and voice actor are represented with Visible Silence, and when you select him in a team you instead hear a piano snippet.
Devious Lewis Marco
- Race: SnakeAge: 43 yrs old (31st of Maple month)
The High Priest of the Desert Kingdom, his personality is extremely old-fashioned. Regarding the worship of the Snake God, there's no Snake more devout than he. He holds a highly esteemed position and even the nobility has to treat him with the utmost respect. The supreme leader of the religion, he presides over important ceremonies and passes on both the Snake God's wishes and blessings.
Although he is extremely conservative in his thinking, he nonetheless holds the well-being of the shrine and the people as fundamentally important. His concern for the future of the Desert Kingdom is unparalleled, shown by his private donations to a Desert orphanage. Recently, due to his increasing age, he has not been as capable of addressing the internal and external conflicts of the shrine as he would like.
- Big Bad: Of the Mirage arc.
- Evil Chancellor: Has the look to a T. According to supplementary material, he was okay for most of his life but how the Succession Crisis fell out took a toll on his morality.
- Evil Sounds Deep: His intonations when he chants are proof of his evil.
- FaceHeel Turn: He was actually a nice grandfather figure for his Orphanage of Love long in the past, until a Dracontine hijacked his body and started his evil plan in the guise of Devious.
- Godhood Seeker: He wants to become a god greater than Sdorica.
- Grand Theft Me: One of Sdorica's Immortals hijacked his body over a decade ago.
- High Priest: He is the head of the Desert Kingdom's state religion.
- Necromancer: His first two skills grant allies Undead, which prevents a unit from dying but also prevents armor or healing. Said skills also instantly drop the character to 0 HP. Re-casting the skill refreshes the duration. His passive triggers a character's 1o skill every turn that they have Undead. End result: your white and gold characters are invicible, undead revenants who attack every turn... for as long as you can gain black orbs.
- Obviously Evil: Dude's a snake, named Devious, and outfitted with skills that kill his own teammates.
- One-Winged Angel: As a result of his experiments, he transforms into a draconic winged serpent. Unfortunately for him, his new body is still constrained by the principles of Life Magic, which gives Charle an opening to shut him down.
- Playing with Syringes: He has a hidden underground organic experiment laboratory. Suffice to say, Body Horror abounds there.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He used to be one. He adhered to the Might Makes Right philosophy of the Desert Kingdom, showing no favoritism to his fellow lizards even if a "mere human" is poised to kill one of their generals in a duel.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: A giant snake whose skills toy with the lives of friend and enemy alike.
- Sore Loser: After Charle defeats him, he decides to release a void beast that has been sealed under the Dragon Tooth to destroy the kingdom to cover his escape.
- Villain with Good Publicity: The masses love him and Holy Maiden Misa, even when they know half of the problems the queen is facing are directly his fault.
- Walking Spoiler: The nature of his villainy hinges on one important event in his past: A Dracontine hijacked his body, so the "Devious" who committed all those atrocities is not actually him.
- Race: HumanAge: 27 yrs old (12th of Dew month)
Twenty-odd years ago during the Border Wars, young Dylan thrived on the Battlefield. Even through he was young and aggressive, he knew to utilize his power at the right place: on the battlefield, protecting his homeland.
Brave, strong, gritty and indomitable; no matter how dangerous the enemy, Dylan never hesitated to face them head-on. Armed with his heavy broadsword, he drove back any enemy that dared to challenge the kingdom.
His dominating presence on the battlefield simply couldn't be overlooked as he quickly rose through the ranks going from mere soldier to frontline captain.
Unknown to Dylan at the time, his heroic deeds and righteous personality caught the eye of the late King William. In the future, he would become the strongest shield that protects Princess Angelia.
- Battle Aura: Develops one should any enemy's HP fall under his own, signifying that his One-Hit Kill is ready.
- BFS: Just look at that broadsword.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Loves fighting so much he naturally and permanently taunts enemies.
- Expy: To Guts, particularly during the Golden Age Arc.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: After he heals himself with booze, he flings the bottle at the enemy, inflicting Tear.
- Heal It with Booze: His 1o heals him, then he flings the bottle at the currently targeted enemy. He also triggers this effect once upon receiving a heal... including from his own 1o!
- One-Hit Kill / One-Hit Polykill: His 4o skill instantly kills any enemy with less HP than him, ignoring current HP and armor. Undead enemies can ignore this, though.
- A Twinkle in the Sky: His One-Hit Kill sends enemies sailing off the screen.
- Race: HumanAge: 29 yrs old (1st of Dawn month)
Even her gown that provides protection from the sun can't guard against Fredrica's sexy figure, which is hotter than that scorching star.
In order to garner some extra vacation days, a summer ceremony found it's way into Atlas. Sunlight, fine wine, and hot studs; Fredrica's used her passion to melt the nay-sayers, turning official business into a phenomenal vacation...
Fredrica has conquered her new friends and lounges on a recliner all her own. This hot, passionate summer of hers has only just begun...
- Race: Panther BeastmenAge: 25 yrs old (4th of Snow month)
Panther native of Whistlewood Valley, a beautiful, sensual and lithe leader of Panther warriors.
Passionate, fierce and a good judge of character, she is naturally conservative and a champion of cultural traditions, who is highly suspicious and resistant of rune technologies.
Is extremely territorial with a tight circle of trust, and deals with trespassers severely.
- Amazonian Beauty: Of the furry sort of course.
- Anti-Armor: All of her attacks have Armor Penetration, which deal extra damage to armored enemies. Her Alt skin upgrades this to True Damage.
- The Berserker: Her passive grants her a stack of Enhance every time she takes damage, and her skills become much more flexible if she's Enhanced. Much more pronounced with her Alt version, which gives her red hair, red eyes, a couple of Annoying Arrows sticking out of her shoulder, self-damage on every attack, and a full heal and a permanent stack of Rage on every kill.
- Boobs-and-Butt Pose: Her SR-and-lower portraits.
- Cat Folk: She's an anthropomorphic panther woman.
- Epic Fail: She's wrong about everything in her Character story. If not for Charle, Jerus would have gotten away with everything.
- Informed Attribute: Before her character story she is in no way "a good judge of character". Luckily for her, it's also her earliest point in the overall timeline, and in all later appearances she doesn't let discrimination blind her.
- Godiva Hair: Her SSR, which does away with her top and replaces it with Rapunzel Hair.
- Magical Native American: The Panther Tribe distrusts foreigners, eschews rune devices and the products of technology, have a warrior and shamanistic culture, protect sacred spaces and worship a totem animal. At the same time, they migrated out of the Eastern Alliance and the Panther God actually exists. They're also starting to open up on their own terms.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Her Character Storyline is basically this trope in full play. She is misled by Jerus into believing that Tica attacked first. Poor Communication Kills also happens because she won't listen to reason, causing her to rally the Panther Tribe into storming Rune Academy. Her reckless actions make a wide opening for Jerus' henchman to kill both Fatima and Charle while they're fighting. Charle even has to fake his defeat just to reveal the traitor so Fatima can finally see what's going on.
- Noble Savage: Though she's hardly the friendliest person around, she's a skilled huntress and a respected leader that wants her tribe to survive and uphold the traditions of their ancestors. Unfortunately, the arrival of the Rune Academy and the reckless actions of its students started to put a strain on her people's ability to support themselves.
- Odd Friendship: With Charle, after he reveals Jerus' treachery and promises to minimize the Academy's impact on Whistlewood Valley.
- Race: Mermaid (turned human)Age: Estimated around 12 yrs old (Birthdate unknown)
The frogodile Karnulla got his hands on a strange medicine from a dealer who came from the east. After Hestia was tricked into drinking the medicine, her fishtail faded away and became a pair of legs! At first, she was happily running around the lake shores with her newly-grown legs. However, she soon discovered that she could no longer talk properly. It was only after a hint from Yan-Bo did she finally realize that though the medicine does allow mermaids to grow legs, it also takes away most of their voice as a price.
At the same time, Yan-Bo also informed poor Hestia, that if she doesn't take the cure before sunset, she won't be able to swim underwater ever again. She will also lose the one thing she's most proud of, her singing voice, forever...
- Blessed With Suck: You get legs! But you lose your voice. Not a great trade, especially since Hestia can swim on land.
- Fairy Tale Motif: Like her original self, The Little Mermaid. But while the original little mermaid willingly trades her voice for human legs, Hestia is tricked into making that trade.
- Garden Garment: Her skirt is made from the large orange-red flowers that can be found in Maple Lake.
- Kick Chick: Her 3o has her leap into the air four times, potentially kicking a water bubble each time.
- Making a Splash: Instead of using jets of water as with her normal self, she now uses bubbles.
- Race Against the Clock: She has until the sun sets to reverse her transformation, or it's permanent.
- She's Got Legs: Her long, dainty legs feature heavily in her splash art and 3o animation. After all, she's a mermaid, they're completely new to her!
- The Speechless: Her voice is distorted by bubbling noises.
- Race: ArchitectAge: ??? years old (18th of Ice month)
A gp6au4gwj6 who appeared on the border of Atlas.
Ivy is one of the robots known as an "Architect", serial number OPCI_2501_IV. During the endless jp6au;ejt6, OPCI_2501_IV's consciousness was awakened, possessing a mode of thinking that is no different from that of a human. Relying on the 20;4_27 that echoes within her core, she has realized why she has awakened. In the deepest pits of darkness she has discovered other things as well...
- Fighting Spirit: In AEsir mode, her digital avatar acts in her stead for her 1o and 3o.
- Guest Fighter: Hails from the world of Cytus II.
- Horned Humanoid: Her sweatshirt's hood sports a pair of small red devil horns.
- In the Hood: Like always, she wears a grey hooded sweatshirt.
- Mechanically Unusual Fighter: All of the Cytus characters share the Frequency mechanic, but Ivy's Frequency shifts every turn, changing what characters her skills target.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Her eyes are unusually bright red, but pick up an unnatural glow when AEsir shows up.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: Even within her home setting Ivy is an anomaly for how very human she is.
- Super Mode: Her AEsir mode doubles the damage output of her passive, on top of causing her to do additional damage if she uses her 4o again while in this state.
- Token Robot: The other Cytus characters are human. They think.
- Walking Spoiler: For most of the first act of the story of Cytus II.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: In her backstory.
- Race: DemihumanAge: 17 years old (30th of Maple month)
No matter where he goes, the smell of fresh blood inevitably causes those nearby to vomit. A stunning maple, like the color of blood, and the emotionless expression of a demihuman fox, are the last images one who encounters Izumi sees just before perishing.
When did Izumi appear in the East Alliance? It was as if a whirlwind of blood and gore had paid a visit to the East Alliance and infected the land. By the time people had noticed, he had already held the secrets of the various tribes in the palm of his hand.
10, 20, 100... even he is fuzzy on how many have fallen. How much blood has been spilled by that blade? Besides himself, those who may have had the answer are long gone.
Izumi lies in wait in the East Alliance, gathering reports concerning the inner workings of the East Alliance for the Dracontines. Carrying out this long and tedious mission, he often mutters to himself as he pulls out his blade. "Aren't there any more interesting missions? More interesting people?" Finally, after some time, he's received news that there's a new mission that concerns Atlas...
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: One so sharp that it slices into the background during Izumi's third skill.
- Ambiguous Gender: Despite the "Moon Maiden" sobriquet, Izumi's profile and speech use masculine pronouns.
- Bloody Horror: Score a kill and Izumi enters Eclipse stance, where their invisible sword becomes visible... from the blood dripping off of it.
- Cool Sword: Izumi's sword is near invisible and can only be seen when blood-soaked.
- Darker and Edgier: Normal Izumi is a bright Killer Rabbit, this Izumi is an apathetic cold-blooded killer.
- Evil Smells Bad: Has spilled so much blood that just being near them is sickening—even years later.
- High-Pressure Blood: Their 4o animations in the non-starter stances turn the screen red from all the blood.
- Ominous Walk: During their third skill Izumi walks into the enemy line, cutting the screen as they go. In Full Moon and Eclipse stance, Izumi follows with a vicious single-target decapitation strike.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Players know Izumi as a fun and playful tease. This Izumi's killed so many people they're wholly numb to it.
- Stopped Caring: There's no hint of their gadfly tendencies. Only apathy.
- Race: HumanAge: 23 years old (22nd of Dawn month)
Today was supposed to be Jerome's hard-earned day off, but after Fredrica invited herself and disagreements arose, the atmosphere took a turn for the worse.
Early in the morning, Fredrica barged into Jerome's house using any means necessary to convince him to wear the rune device she had developed herself, all the while exaggerating the various annoyances one might encounter on one's day off. Unable to bear the harassment, Jerome had no choice but to flee his residence, heading to the outskirts of town to take his mind off everything. Unarmed and defenseless, Jerome remembered what Fredrica had said and clipped his belt into place. Immediately the armor protecting his organs covered his entire body from harm. By the time the shock wore off, Jerome had already become a light-armored knight, using his fists and feet to pummel his opponents into a state of scurvy sorrow!
Having escaped by the skin of his teeth, both Jerome's respect for and indebtedness to Fredrica increased. ...Until he realized that Fredrica had forgotten to add a rune that would remove the armor.
- Ass-Kicking Pose: His idle stance has him in one before he transforms.
- Awesome, but Impractical: His multipliers are very good when he's armored, but he needs either six black orbs in a rectangle or to be attacked by an enemy while below 50% HP to trigger it. Otherwise he deals scratch damage.
- Clingy Costume: Fredrica forgot to include a way to take it off. Averted in game; the transformation ends after each wave or after he uses his 6b while transformed.
- Critical Status Buff: He automatically enters Super Mode when an enemy brings down his health to half or less. His advisor skill also normally deals awful damage, unless the entire team has lost significant HP.
- Declaration of Protection: One of his tap lines has him announce that he's going to protect all the people of Sun Kingdom.
- Diving Kick: Million Meteor Dawn is Jerome SP's ultimate attack, and the strongest attack in the game, but ends the transformation when it's used.
- Drop-In Character: Fredrica trying to be this is what sets off the entire story.
- Expy: Of Kamen Rider, particularly the Showa Era Riders.
- Ground Punch: His 3o, although doing it in civilian form results in him shaking his hand in pain.
- Henshin Hero: The whole package: Transformation Trinket, Instant Armor, Scarf of Asskicking, Rider Kick finisher.
- Instant Armor: It appears piece by piece and slams into place.
- Magikarp Power: His 1b and 3b skills do pathetic damage... until he armors up and becomes hideously powerful.
- Powered Armor: His damage increases by a factor of 10 when transformed, some kind of strengthening effect is at play.
- Scarf of Asskicking: A gloriously long, pink one that magically appears after his armor forms.
- Super Mode: It's called Mutation and it's awesome.
- Transformation Trinket: A rune device made by Fredrica. It's a belt, of course.
- Race: HumanAge: 20 years old (24th of Fire month)
The self-proclaimed unrivaled master thief of Vendacti, she's strong, vigorous and flamboyant as can be. Even though she makes it a point to announce her entrance before she strikes, she has yet to be outwitted. This has caused her both the disdain and admiration of the high-ranking nobles.
Underneath the grandiose looks and shows of extravagance lies a simple, unsophisticated young woman who loves romance novels. Though she has self-doubts about her looks, she dreams of being the heroine of a story, falling head over heels in love.
Due to some odd circumstances and an unlikely job, she found herself the foremost disciple of a great master of romance, as well as his constant companion, all for the hope of finding her one, true love!
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Joan has an overactive imagination verging on delusion but her thieving skills are the real deal.
- Chuunibyou: She's a Phantom Thief in a largely serious renaissance fantasy setting.
- Love Freak: She ends up mistaking Puggi for a love master after being exposed to his babble when she kidnapped him.
- Mask of Confidence: Joan is a mousey, shy girl who wants a romance like in her books. The Thief of the Gleaming Star is a larger-than-life personality. The contrast is so severe that Joan calls her out of costume look her "disguise".
- Paper Master: Her letters and origami cranes are animated and do most of her fighting for her.
- Phantom Thief: Plain Joan at R and SR. Thief of the Gleaming Star at SSR.
- Random Effect Spell: Her passive randomly gives enemies extra powers. Until she steals them for herself.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Signs her name as "Star". Flip it upside down though and it reads "Joan", with an extra flourish on the "n".
- Unkempt Beauty: Joan is quite pretty, but too shy and awkward to realize it. Until she puts on her thief persona, at least.
Karen Arla Fernandez
- Race: DemihumanAge: 22 years old (10th of Dew month)
President of the Commerce Chamber. Serious, strict and doesn't like to talk. When she does speak, it's in organized bullet points. Has a cold, almost inhospitable attitude towards others. She barely shows any emotion in her expressions as well.
Even though few know about it, she is actually a lizard demihuman with rather concealed lizard features.
Found as a child on the battlefield by Theodore, she was raised to be a spy who is more object than person: having little to no personality. She is currently undercover at the Desert Bazaar under the orders of Theodore to keep an eye on the Desert Kingdom's actions.
- Briefcase Blaster: At SR and below, her entire arsenal fits into that briefcase she carries.
- Foil: A foil to Lisa. Both were war orphans from the desert who were taken in by people who wanted to raise them for their own ends. But while Karen is raised to be an Emotionless Girl soldier by the uncaring Theodore, Lisa is pampered young girl under Sherlock's care. Their skills are also contrary: Karen selfishly hogs the command zone by blasting away nonblack orbs to constantly bombard enemies herself, while Lisa empowers her teammates so that their next action will be more beneficial.
- Fostering for Profit: She was found on a battlefield by Theodore and raised to be an emotionless spy.
- Little Bit Beastly: She's a lizard demihuman but hides it well enough to the point that only her scaly arms are visible.
- Mole in Charge: President of the Commerce Chamber at the Poleva Desert Bazaar, and a spy for Theodore.
- More Dakka: Her 4o fires a the laser beam, machinegun, flamethrower at the same time and adds a Macross Missile Massacre at the end just for fun.
- Morph Weapon: Her weapon which can switch between being a machine gun, a flamethrower or a laser blaster.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: She shows up to bail Theodore from Elio's clutches despite there being no order to do so. She even stays by his side during his exile.
- Sideboob: Her top is essentially just a piece of cloth draped over her cleavage.
- Small Girl, Big Gun: At SSR, her artillery contraption is at least as big as her.
- Verbal Tic: Talks in numbered bullet points.
- Race: DemihumanAge: 22 yrs old (16th of Rain month)
A cat-eared demihuman, once right hand woman to Roger, the notorious bandit leader.
A wild cat at Roger's command, she is feisty, quick witted, and totally fearless.
She's actually very friendly and thoughtful, but her public façade masks her private despair, as she usually ends up chasing her own tail when taking on other people's problems.
Right now she lives in seclusion with Roger somewhere on Paradise Prairie.
- Curtains Match the Window: She has brown hair and brown eyes.
- Flechette Storm: Her 4o has her rain knives on the entire enemy team.
- Flower in Her Hair: Wears a yellow and pink flower in her SSR form.
- Identical Stranger: To Roger's deceased sister. Subtract the ears and tail and Kittyeyes is her dead ringer.
- Knife Nut: Where does she keep them all?
- Little Bit Beastly: Kittyeyes has cat ears and a tail.
- Love Hurts: Kittyeyes convinces Roger to accept her romantic feelings, only for him to backslide into believing they're actual siblings when his Void Disease acts up.
- Scars Are Forever: At SSR she has a patch of discolored skin on her stomach in her art and on her sprite. Koll burned her while she snapped him out of his berserk state.
- Race: DemihumanAge: 11 yrs old (11th of Sun month)
A young girl determined to become a sorceress in order to protect her brother and the Slums. Her pretty and innocent face conceals a shrewd intelligence, often using this to her advantage and playing dumb to mess with people. Sometimes the façade slips, but when it does she quickly regains her composure.
When she realized the effect her looks had on people, she decided to run with it, often playing tricks in order to get what she wants.
Compared to Lio, this older sister is the more caring and extroverted sibling.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Her real personality, which only comes out during internal monologue and when she's bossing Lio around.
- Child Prodigy: She becomes an accomplished Rune Sorcerer in less than a year.
- "Gift of the Magi" Plot: With Lio in the Twin Rabbits on the Moon event. Interestingly, they were sending each other the same items, which made them think the other was rejecting their gifts.
- Little Bit Beastly: Leah has rabbit ears, a rabbit tail, and her legs from the knee down are the hindlegs of a rabbit.
- Little Miss Snarker: Cheerfully insults future classmates to their face, knowing she'll get away with it.
- Mind over Matter: At SSR tier her eggs hover around her until she fires them off.
- Only One Name: Most characters have surnames. She's just Leah.
- Pink Means Feminine: Her skillbook turns her hair a bright pink.
- Polar Opposite Twins: Extroverted prankster Leah and crybaby Lio.
- Proud Beauty: Leah's going to be extremely pretty when she grows up and knows it. In the meantime she uses cuteness to get what she wants.
- Schemer: She knows what to do and say to make people do what she wants them to.
- Theme Twin Naming: Leah and Lio.
- Visual Pun: She is a rabbit demihuman who carries colorful eggs. So she is... an Easter Bunny?
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Her upbringing in the slums left an impression on her, and she's exceptionally cynical and devious for her age.
- Race: HumanAge: 22 yrs old (8th of Flower month)
Born in the Kingdom of The Sun, because of her outstanding martial arts talent, she was chosen as an exchange student to study in the East. She's got a candid demeanor and is extremely loyal to her friends. Although she looks tough, she's actually got a soft side.
Although she possesses superhuman strength, during the initial stages of her martial arts training, she was unable to grasp the main components of the art. Thanks to her master, Law, she started making progress. This caused her to cultivate great respect for her master. In order to become eligible for a tournament in East Alliance, she began her journey, where she got up in the civil strife that occurred in the Desert Kingdom. After returning to the Kingdom of The Sun for a short period of time, she then headed to the East Alliance with Law.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: A few of her skills involve picking up an enemy, then slamming them to their nearby teammates, damaging all of them.
- Kick Chick: Pre-SSR, her passive counterattack has her do a flying leap into the enemy.
- Student and Master Team: She's the student, Law is her shishou.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Her combat style involves a lot of grappling and throws.
- Race: HumanAge: 25 yrs old (2nd of Frost month)
An assistant professor at the Rune Academy, and a scholar from the same period as Charle. His natural abilities well surpass his peers, and he's the leader of the Academy's Life Magic department. He calls himself a genius, and indeed he's recognized as one in his specific field of research. He thinks that people who require "hard work" and "diligence" are actually idiots deserving of his mockery.
Conceited and narcissistic, Morris is prone to outbursts of anger and easily irritated. He's ballsy with his actions and disregards how his actions affect those around him. The only things that interest him are his own research and those who are useful to his research. As an assistant professor at the Rune Academy, he is completely absorbed in the research of Life Magic. He takes Charle, a frontrunner in the field of Applied Magic, as his scholarly nemesis and is determined to prove himself as the superior one.
- Disappointed in You: He flips out when he learns that during the 29 years of his death, his favorite pupil Aosta abandons his life magic study to focus on reviving Morris. This is marked with him calling Aosta a baboon for the first time, although he later drops this scorn after Aosta shows his loyalty to Rune Academy's knowledge in the face of a Dracontine trying to destroy it.
- Fake Defector: When Zola offers him to join the Dracontines and destroy Rune Academy after he becomes a reincarnated being like Dracontine immortals, he accepts, but only so he can learn what he can about the Dracontine's schemes. Once he can't gather anymore intel, he promptly turns on Zola.
- Foil: He and Charle are as different as night and day.
- Morris has short, black hair and wears black robe, while Charle has long, white hair and wears white robe.
- Morris is the haughty and arrogant teacher of Life Magic, while Charle is a gentle and caring teacher of Applied Magic.
- Their skills destroy orbs in the command zone, but while Morris can specifically choose which color is destroyed, Charle destroys orbs indiscriminately.
- Their passives reward you for ordering them to attack repeatedly, but while Morris triggers his allies to attack, Charle follows up repeated use of his 2o skill with more attack from himself.
- For Science!: Morris firmly believes that the pursuit of knowledge must be done for the sake of knowledge itself.
- The Nicknamer: He calls a person by name only if he likes them. Otherwise, everyone is a monkey to him.
- Insufferable Genius: He hates dealing with anyone who is below his standard (read: almost everyone).
- Only Friend: He considers Charle Ceres to be his only equal and the only person he's on a First-Name Basis with, and if Charle is in any kind of trouble, he will jump in to help.
- Posthumous Character: He's been dead for 29 years by the time Mirage is in full swing. At least, until Aosta reincarnates him into Elio's body.
- Smug Super: He is an unquestionable expert of Life Magic, which immensely feeds his arrogance.
- So Proud of You: He considers Aosta to be his star pupil. This arguably plays a part in Aosta's plan to revive him.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Being Charle's friend doesn't stop him from bombarding Charle with snarks and insults and mild violence if it helps further his goals.
- Race: HumanAge: 24 yrs old (1st of Snow month)
Security Officer of Paradise Prairie, and also one of the greatest archers in Kingdom Of The Sun . This laid back, big hearted young woman can always be counted on in a tight spot.
She can be a little direct and straightforward with her words, unintentionally treading on people's toes without realizing. Princess Angelia's perpetual childhood companion. To this day the two are like sisters and always look out for one another.
Ned Garcia Alznar
- Race: Lizard DemihumanAge: 27 yrs old (21st of Fire month)
A juvenile of the scaled hunters that inhabit the Poleva Desert, his lower body is covered with lizard scales akin to the rest of his tribe.
Muscular and dark skinned, he can light up the room with his genuine smile. Thoughtful, considerate, and reliable, he's the kind of guy you'd take home to meet your mom, if it weren't for his freaky lizard legs.
Hunting skills and trade contacts among the desert bandits make every day in the desert a holiday!
- Adorkable: His interactions with Lisa.
- Amazon Chaser: He becomes interested in Lisa after seeing her defeat some Blazetail Lizards.
- Bad Liar: When he 'lost' the fight against Angelia, Naya and Nigel, giving up the rainbow roses. His atrocious acting made him suspicious, meanwhile Lisa is exasperated and delighted.
- First Date Marriage: He proposes to Lisa according to the Poleva Desert traditions after what seems to be their first date.
- Happily Married: With Lisa
- Little Bit Beastly: As a lizard demihuman, Ned has lizard legs and a scaly tail.
- Nice Hat: Ned's headgear, which seems to be made from a skull with horns.
- Oblivious to Love: After helping Lisa throw off some thugs who were leering at her, she starts flirting with him. Not that he realizes.
- Parental Marriage Veto: Sherlock didn't approve of him marrying Lisa. This changes when Ned rescues him.
- Race: HumanAge: 20 yrs old (20th of Sea month)
NEKO#ΦωΦ's given name is Asakura Neko, a vivid and outgoing girl who's become a streamer that's garnered uber-popularity on the virtual internet. She's drawn in most of her fans due to her unique style of speaking and use of internet slang. She's also a diehard music lover that detests PAFF for things that occurred in the past, often poking fun at and mocking the pop idol.
Used to calling herself NEKO, she speaks directly and often causes trouble. A lover of all things cute and interesting, she's a kind, lively child.
- Attention Whore: She's a streamer, comes with the territory. Her passive keeps track of her subscriber count when she's on the field, too.
- Cat Girl: Her cat-eared headphones give her the look, intentionally cultivated because Neko "gets" internet culture. After all, the internet loves cat videos!
- The Gadfly: She bullies PAFF relentlessly.
- Genre Savvy: Name drops the isekai genre after meeting Nolva and seems familiar with the traits thereof.
- Go Out with a Smile: Exposes herself to the Atlas winter alongside PAFF, and is last seen making snow angels with a smile on her face.
- Idiot Ball: Despite knowing she's in another world, she quickly runs off on her own.
- Painting the Medium: Her full splash art has a playback bar on the bottom and comments on the top left. She's streaming her Sdorica adventure!
- Robot Buddy: Her Meowbot, the cat-eared spherical robot that floats behind her.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: By the end of the Cytus II crossover she's fallen into this with PAFF, though it's amped up by the circumstances of the finale.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: With PAFF, who barely knows she exists.
- Troll: On iM she says things that can be easily misinterpreted, and she knows just what to say to whip up fans (like NEKOSAIKOU) when she's really looking to start a flamewar.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: She knows what an isekai is, but she doesn't realize that Sdorica is a Dark Fantasy. Or that she's not the world hopper...
- Race: DemihumanAge: 25 yrs old (7th of Mist month)
A demihuman youth from the Kingdom of the Sun's Slums, Nigel is always active and willing to take care of others.
He desperately wants to help the demihumans escape the difficult situation they are currently in, which means he can come off as overly brash and bold.
Only those who are close to him know that he has a sensitive soul hidden underneath the brash appearance. After Izumi showed up, the constant clashes between Izumi and Yamitsuki meant that Nigel was often caught in between. The tension between him and Yamitsuki also increased because of this. After experiencing serious challenges and struggles, Nigel finally realized his way of life. His personality gradually matured and became more responsible. He has grown to be a leader worthy of everyone's trust.
- Character Development: This version of Nigel is two years older than the canon Nigel and seems to have calmed down a lot from his last appearance.
- Dual Wielding: He fights using two katanas. His damage is split between two attacks as well, meaning if the first attack scores a kill he'll use the second hit on another enemy.
- Race: HumanAge: Appears 22 yrs old/Actually 35 yrs old (14th of Sun month)
A traveling puppet merchant of Paradise Prairie who is gentle, softly spoken, and socially awkward, especially in front of strangers.
Nolva's mother died in labor following the destruction of Atlas. Born among fire and brimstone, Nolva contracted Void Disease from the residual Soul Energy of monsters.
Whenever the void inhaling season nears, Nolva does not age, nor have any memory during her prolonged slumber. That's why, although she is 35, she still looks and thinks like a 22 year old.
- Body Snatcher: Not her, but Waverlyde, the monster that inhabits her body as the result of her Void Disease.
- Dead Guy Puppet: What her Skill Book's gameplay revolves around; her skill power scales up with every dead ally in the team. Also, her 4-orb skill.
- His Name Really Is "Barkeep": She is a carpenter specializing in making wooden puppets.
- Marionette Master: She fights using a puppet. In Izumi's storyline its name is given as Lillian.
- People Puppeteer: How her Skill Book works. Pity her teammates when she uses her 4-orb skill.
- Puppeteer Parasite: Waverlyde acts as this when she's unconscious.
- Sleepyhead: Due to her void disease, she is prone to suddenly fall asleep, during which Waverlyde takes over. The sleeping duration can range from minutes to months.
- Race: BeastmanAge: Younger than Pang
Ever since he was expelled from home, Pang's heart never had a moment of peace. The responsibility of causing his tribe's decline, the regret of letting his best friend die, all those emotions tormented Pang. At first, the suffering only occurred late at night. However, slowly but surely, this torment took shape as a dark phantom and began corrupting Pang's mind. Moreover, this phantom gradually evolved into whispers in his ear and became a physical, imposing figure. It was as if it developed a will and thoughts of its own. When Pang was feeling empty and lonely, this phantom would constantly scold him for his mistakes and preach to him the greatness of power. The phantom was slowly devouring Pang's mind, putting him in a state of unimaginable confusion and struggle.
In the middle of the night, a shadow that looks identical to Pang is standing in front of him. Pang has no idea whether it's the embodiment of the insanity in his heart or his actual real self. The shadow looks at the puzzled Pang and makes a smile, a twisted, savage, power-hungry smile...
- Barbarian Long Hair: Whereas SSR Pang ties his long hair in braids, Pang SP's hair hangs loose.
- Enemy Without: A physical manifestation of Pang's darker thoughts.
- Flash Step: He attacks by leaping straight at the enemy's back and pummeling away.
- Kill Streak: Scoring a kill makes him jump to the next enemy up the line. It's common for him to wipe out entire enemy teams with a single attack.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: His 4o skill is basically the Shun Goku Satsu.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Has red eyes and is completely savage.
- Running on All Fours: A fitting running animation for someone so feral.
- Simple, yet Awesome: All three of his skills target the rear enemy with True Damage, at increasing levels of power levels. However, he's regarded as one of the game's best characters because his damage is obscene.
- These Hands Have Killed: Scoring a kill blows off 10% of Pang SP's current HP and inflicts his personal debuff, Guilt. When active it gives taunt and prevents most heal effects.
- Race: HumanAge: 18 yrs old (15th of Dew month)
A female lancer that was sent to Maple Lake for a solo survey mission. A bit egotistical, she speaks in a vicious, almost threatening manner. However, her small figure and cute voice contradicts her own mannerisms, erasing any sense of threat.
Her words are very insincere. However, it's rather easy to know her honest opinion as she can be easily induced into telling the truth. One she realizes that she had spill the beans, she throws temper tantrums in an effort to hide her embarrassment. Despite desperately wanting to build a good relationship with others, she fails time after time due to her clueless and oblivious personality. She became the lone-wolf of the army and a head-case for her superiors.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her R and SR outfits specifically, though her SSR outfit shows off the sides of her waist as well.
- BFL: She has a colossal lance.
- Break the Haughty: Her ego gets broken down through a Humiliation Conga of events at Maple Lake. She comes out of it much better adjusted and poised for greatness in the army.
- Death from Above: Her 2o animation has her jump five times her height into the air and spear her target.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: To her entire squad, who are more than happy to leave her behind.
- Ineffectual Loner: She's despised by her comrades for her brash, show-offy attitude. She's convinced that beating people up makes them her friend. It takes a lot of time away from the army to break that perception.
- Luminescent Blush: Whenever she gets embarrassed.
- Multicoloured Hair: SSR Sharice has pink hair with purple tips.
- Odd Friendship: Initially hostile to the Maple Lake demihumans and beastmen, but eventually ends up as the first human in their circle of friends.
- Rapunzel Hair: In her SSR form.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Gets no respect for being the strongest person in her cohort because she's so stuck-up about it. Perception of her improves immediately when she gets her head on straight.
- Twin Tails: Her signature hairstyle.
- Tsundere: Of the tsuntsun type.
- Well Done Daughter Girl: Was the apple of her father's eye and the heir to her family's shipping business, and then her parents had a son. This led to her joining the army and developing her Might Makes Right mindset.
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair: Her pink hair stands out in a setting where most humans have realistic hair colors.
- Race: HumanAge: 22 yrs old (6th of Ice month)
White, pure as snow.
A fabric that's fit for the water and flexible at that, it's ready for any battle that lies ahead. In the crisp, cool lake water she moves as she pleases. Aim, fire, wait for the next shot...
To protect the Queen's vacation, she's raising her water gun in service. The lake is the sight of the next battle. That summer day, Sione the sharpshooter made her name known on the shores of Maple Lake. The legends surrounding her have continued ever since...
- Beach Episode: Sione's Summer Fantasy incarnation.
- Dispel Magic: She can clear buffs and debuffs from all characters in battle, either via her advisor skill, or her excess water pressure.
- Explosive Overclocking: She can store up to 20 stacks of water pressure in her gun, and her attack becomes stronger the higher the pressure. If the number hits 21 or more it blows up and washes away debuffs on her team.
- Kill It with Water: She deals True Damage with her water. At 20 stacks it's the highest possible area of effect True Damage in the game.
- Male Gaze: Her swimsuit shows off much too much of her shapely posterior.
- Improperly Placed Firearms: Mixed with Improbable Use of a Weapon; she has a water gun in a political fantasy setting that can cut through armor.
- Race: HumanAge: 17 yrs old (27th of Frost month)
Ringmaster of Morgan's Marvelous Circus, she's lively and energetic. She likes to help others and always has a bright smile on her face. She is reluctant to speak what's on her mind so as not to make others worry. Her parents divorced early on, so she lived an unstable life following her father Morgan around in the circus that he ran. Even though she never understood or forgave her father, she was still deeply affected by him. After her father died in an accident, she took over as Ringmaster of the circus. She continued taking her band of misfits to places suffering from war and natural disasters, determined to spread smiles and happiness to every corner of the continent.
- Beast Master: While her circus crew aren't mindless beasts, they do come into play during her fights.
- Butterfly of Transformation: Her SSR outfit has a monarch butterfly motif on one side. It's not that she's changed though; it's that she's finally putting her thoughts into words.
- Daddy's Girl: For all that she denies it now, Sophie was very close to her father and takes after him very much.
- Gameplay and Story Integration: As the ringmaster of a circus, her attacks involve her circus crew.
- Good Is Not Soft: She's a very nice girl, but manhandling her circus troupe or her audience will earn you a world of hurt.
- Hope Bringer: Teaches Rune what it means to have a future. Encourages her mother to start a career as a fashionista. Tracks down Charle with information on Elio just as he's starting to lose hope. Even extends to herself, whenever she starts to feel bad about things she'll seize any hope offered to her and returns it a thousandfold.
- Love at First Sight: She's instantly smitten by Elio. Comments by the other performers imply it's a recurring problem; she has a type.
- Nice Hat: She has a tiny, cute hat at R/SR. At SSR she wears a wonderfully floppy (very) wide-brimmed hat.
- Party in My Pocket: Sophie's the ringmaster of Morgan's Marvelous Circus; Hutchison, Ru-yi, and Hanbei do the fighting.
- The Pollyanna: Relentlessly cheerful, inspiring and hopeful, even when things are down. Part of her creed: when things are tough, that's when you've got to smile the hardest!
- Yaoi Fangirl: Seeing Elio and Rune together sparks certain thoughts in her mind.
- Race: Feather ClanAge: 20 yrs old (9th of Frost month)
A mysterious demihuman from the Slums, working at Aosta's side to fix problems that should never see the light of day.
Real name Eve, but goes by the code name Yamitsuki, or Dark Moon, to avoid endangering friends and family back home.
Saying little with her mouth and even less with her eyes, she is constantly scanning the environment for possible targets and threats. Nobody knows what's on her mind. and only childhood friends can tell when she is amused or displeased, still with a measure of uncertainty.
- Animal Motifs: Ravens. She wears black outfit, has a rather dark and gloomy personality, wears a mask with a beak, is called "Nevermore Ninja" at SR Tier, and grows black wings at SSR Tier.
- Childhood Friends: With Nigel and Cin.
- Cool Mask: Her R and SR versions include a mask with a beak that covers half her face.
- Growing Wings: As a member of the feather tribe she can grow and retract her wings.
- Multicoloured Hair: Her SSR form shows her black hair has white tips.
- Power Gives You Wings: When Yamitsuki awakens as a feather tribe member, she can grow wings and gets a massive buff to her physical abilities.
- Scars Are Forever: Yamitsuki has scars across her face and body from a beating she and Nigel took when they were children.
- Status-Buff Dispel: Her skills can remove Taunt, Damage Reduction, Vigilance and Enhance.
- Race: Capybara BeastmanAge: Undisclosed (9th of Maple month)
A capybara from the East Alliance, whom speaks in the lilting tongue of the Orient. Currently hiding out in Maple Lake.
This harmless looking simpleton appears sluggish of body and mind. In reality, he is a shrewd operator with excellent situational awareness and formidable martial arts ability.
Likes to spend his time enjoying the scenery while savoring fine wine, and also interacting with the little birds that land on his head.
- The Berserker: His Alt form doesn't start on the offensive, but instead require you to match black orbs to raise his Qi. Once he has enough, he starts attacking the enemy team every turn without your input.
- Civilised Animal: Yanbo is a capybara who walks on his hindlegs and is capable of speech.
- Drunken Master: When he switches to his melee stance, he's visibly wobbling, and after making a single powerful attack he's immediately saddled with triple-Exhaust. His Alt form is especially so: You spend the first few turns matching black orbs for him to drink and gather Qi, and once he drinks enough he starts bombarding enemy team every turn.
- Dull Surprise: His old pal Law charges at him guns blazing, and his only response is "Oh, it's you, Law."
- Gameplay Automation: Yan-Bo Alt doesn't start this way, but once he gathers enough Qi he will keep attacking without your input.
- Ice-Cream Koan: A lot of his dialogue is mangled or mixed up lines from literature or famous quotations.
- Old Master: Highly revered by most characters who know him, except Karnulla who utterly hates him due to his past treatment.
- Parental Substitute: He tries to be one to young Karnulla, but he eventually goes too far in chastising the frogodile for not being a pacifist that Karnulla leaves him in disgust.
- Strange-Syntax Speaker: Talk like Yoda Yan-bo does.