Dreams and Nightmares | Logic | Mentalities | Mind Control | Mind Games | Planning | Psyches | Recollection and Amnesia | Trickery | Mentalism: Other
open/close all folders
SCP-682, Deity of Alien Views on Humans (Hard-to-Destroy Reptile, The Lizard, The Dragon, Atanti-ql-Paneu, the Tarasque, Immortigon, The Behemoth Death Forgot, AM(?), SCP-6820-A)
- Greater Deity, Overdeity as SCP-6820-A (Object Class: Keter)
- Symbol: Its rotting skull drenched in acid
- Theme Music: Medusa by Kevin MacLeod
- Alignment: Blue-and-Orange Morality, roughly equating to Chaotic Evil to virtually all life and True Neutral or Chaotic Neutral to what doesn't trigger its Berserk Button
- Portfolio: Hates All Known Forms Of Life Because It Sees Them As Horrific Abominations, Complete Immortality through Adaptive Ability, Why Won't You Die?, Speaks Half In Expletives, Not Naturally Evil, Animalistic Abomination, Mortality Gray Area, Has Recovered From Being Erased And No-Win Scenarios, May Subconsciously Make Earth Life Hate It Too, Just Eat Him, Joker Immunity, Capable Of Sympathy For Select Anomalies Like SCP-053, Lots Of Explanations For Its Existence (could be Inbred and Evil, Satan, Or A Dragon for example), Dragons Are Demonic, Reptiles Are Abhorrent
- Domains: Hatred, Immortality, Adaptation, Alien Perspectives, The Anomalous, Reptilians
- Interests: SCP-035, The Borg, Babidi, The Facehugger and Xenomorph Drone
- Tolerates: The inorganic/machine deities like the Grand United Alliance of Machines, some other eldritch horrors and most of the Otherness Abominations, SCP-999 (possibly his sibling), The Anti-Spiral
- Allies: SCP-079 (its best friend), Nekron and the Grand United Alliance of Destruction (especially Apophis, the Lich, Unicron, Agent Smith, Acnologia and Death Phantom), Zamasu, Dis, XANA, Skynet, AM, Ridley, The Magician, Malefor, Lucifer (Supernatural), The Brainspawn, Deathwing the Destroyer
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork with: Omnicidal maniacs not mentioned, notably Sutekh the Destroyer, the Dalek Empire
- Rivals: SCP-1548, Grima, Majora's Mask, Alduin, The Grey Goo (Tasty Planet)
- Enemies: While it hates all Earth life and virtually all other life, SCP-682 personally hates the following; THE SCP FOUNDATION (its Arch-Enemy), SCP-001 (Dr Clef's Proposal), The Emperor of Mankind, Aztar/the Spectre, Optimus Prime, SCP-2578-D, Theodore Roosevelt, The Chaos Gods, Shuma-Gorath, Iroque, Daenerys Targaryen, Falkor, Spyro the Dragon, Diana/Wonder Woman, the Care Bears
- Opposes: The Hall of Forms of Immortality
- Opposed by: The many incarnations of Death
- Fears: SCP-173, SCP-524
- SCP-682, or the Hard-To-Destroy Reptile is one of the most well known SCPs of all time. With a Healing Factor and Adaptive Ability that lets it recovers from any injury, the reptilian monstrosity is a rare exception to the SCP Foundation's belief anomalies, even dangerous ones, should still exist for better study; they believe 682 must be terminated as soon as possible, because SCP-682 regards all Earth life and most anomalies as abominations that need to all die. That said, the Hard-To-Destroy Reptile is not inherently evil. Rather it has an alien mindset; life as we know it is genuinely disgusting and horrifying from its perspective. Tellingly one of the only humanoids it's affection to is SCP-053, a cute little girl who causes humans to be driven to homicidal rage around her.
- SCP-682 finds most anomalies as disgusting as it sees humans, with the exception of some other Lovecraftian beings and a few other morality pets. There might be other anomalies it would get along with that it hasn't met yet, and the SCP Foundation is in no rush to try. It and the Gate Guardian have a history, as the 001 proposal implies it convinced Adam and Eve to take the fruit...and 682 is not welcome. SCP-2578-D tried to terminate 682, but was unsuccessful. In terms of friends 682 is only really friendly with SCP-079, who feels similarly trapped and has its own issues with humans; the two like to chat with one another. It doesn't like SCP-999, but it does tolerate the blob who managed to tickle it into merely being annoyed. There's a theory that 682 and 999 are siblings, with their moms being the brides of the Scarlet King, so there might be some Thicker Than Water traits in the lizard.
- SCP-076-2 and SCP-1548 have similar motives to 682, but they're rivals more than anything. The latter had a rap battle in Morse Code with the beast, while the former once fought SCP-682 for hours. It was the best battle they had in ages and they now hold a mutual respect for one another.
- The SCP Foundation has notoriously made a long, long catalogue of items. Notable tests include sending SCP-682 into the sun (it came back on fire), making it look at SCP-096 (682 was damaged but regrew, 096 became too scared to re-battle the lizard), exposing it to a statue that causes anything that looks at it then looks away to die (682 either played dead or didn't count as living) and putting 682 in a machine that can tweak the fundamental laws of physics inside it (it was reduced to 1% by not only did it recover, it enjoyed the experience). Perhaps the most alarming was using SCP-826 on the 12-page story The Generally Nice, Friendly Thing That Can And Will Kill SCP-682 Permanently if it So Much As Spots That Damn Lizard and luring SCP-682 in. SCP-682 killed the Thing and escaped the story, now the 209-page The Generally Nice, Friendly Thing That Tried To Kill SCP-682 Permanently But Failed. While testing of SCP-826 show Theory of Narrative Causality does not apply, the possibility that SCP-682 can break the most fundamental rule of fiction, and thus the Pantheon, has disturbed all but the most insane deities.
- There is, in fact, a universe where SCP-682 is Killed Off for Real; the universe of SCP-2935. However it is absolutely not an option in terminating 682. Not only is any organic life dead there, but anything even resembling life like ghosts, A.I, animated objects ect is inactive. And anything that visits such a world and returns will bring this death to their own universe. Even most of the GUAD is horrified as not even intangible beings like Nekron would survive. On a much funnier note, there are alternate unvierse records of SCP-682 being killed by absurdly mundane methods like drunk driving and a Finger Gun. The SCP Foundation hesitates to use such since it tends to make SCP-682 even angrier and unstoppable.
- While it failed at terminating SCP-682, SCP-173 frightens 682 after giving him a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown until 682 grew Extra Eyes. In one scenario where SCP-173 learned to multiply, they succeeded at killing it...and brought about their own apocalypse. SCP-524 can also do some major damage because it can nibble and eat at SCP-682, and to its shame the lizard fears Walter the Omnivorous Rabbit. Even if it liked Earth life, bringing that humiliating up would trigger its rage state.
- The Trope Pantheon made the unorthodox move of denying SCP-682 any Death Is Cheap privileges; the Court of the Gods aren't going to throw gasoline into the house fire. Various gods have tried to terminate the Hard-To-Kill Reptile, and none of them have worked. Here are just a handful of examples.
- Use the Death Note on SCP-682. This failed because "SCP-682" is not its name. The Shinigami Eyes were given to a D-Class. They saw its name, which resembled a bunch of Alien Geometries. No translation has been found to write on the Death Note. Even if you could, what's the chance that the default "heart attack" option after just writing the name would work on SCP-682? L muses "suicide" might be viable, but it's doubtful even 682 could kill 682.
- Use the Hakai on SCP-682. Beerus was confident it would work, but after half of 682's body was erased the procedure the erasure slowed down, and stopped at 93% of 682's body destroyed. When Beerus tried to remove the remaining 7%, the remainder glowed a golden "anti-Hakai" energy that replaced tissue faster than Beerus could destroy it.
- Amazingly, Death of the Endless got involved. Most of the results are redacted, asides from two different responses. One of these was that 682 saying "like the Morningstar, you do not have dominion over me" and the other was 682 being smart enough to not even try to push Death's buttons. It's theorized that Death only agreed because she was curious about the Keter-class anomaly and wasn't convinced she needed to act. SCP-682 has its own opinion on why those who represent Death seethe at it, but don't directly intervene.
Some creatures titled me "The Behemoth That Death Forgot" - Foolish assumption. Death never forgot me - They fear me. They always did.
- The Spectre himself intervened and went wild on using his Reality Warper powers to punish SCP-682 for all its sins. Distorted into various shapes like burning wax, a hanged human, glass and other forms 682 was damaged and trying to find a way to adapt, but survived as it did in the "physical constant modifier room" SCP. The Hard-To-Destroy Reptile laughed through the pain, saying "your Master said it Himself; I'm not one of His. Go ahead and do your worse where your God failed". Moments afterwards the Spectre left and returned it to its containment chamber, possibly because he was afraid what 682 would become if it learned to adapt to his powers.
- The fear of 682 possibly adapting to the Spectre follows similar logic as to why the SCP Foundation refuses to throw it into a black hole, or use nuclear weapons. On another note, while some dangerous beings have been cross-tested anything who could theoretically slay the lizard but prove an even bigger threat is best kept away. The Grey Goo is driven to eat anything smaller than it and reducing 682 to a consumable size maynote work...but the Grey Goo would doom everyone if it got its way.
- The SCP Foundation has stated to the Trope Pantheon that SCP-682 is to be defined by the threat it holds and long since gave up trying to reason with the beast. Though SCP-682 cannot be called a Complete Monster due to its alien perspective and Pet the Dog moments, it gets along with many due to its "humans bad, killing them equals good" belief. SCP-682 is one of few beings that Zamasu gets along with because they share a deep, mutual disgust for mortals, though 682 has no time for grandstanding. SCP-682 is also close to the wicked serpent god Apophis, another Eldritch Abomination in reptilian clothing. The SCP Foundation is not surprised because one of its origin stories is being "the bastard son of Apep". One version of Lucifer wholeheartedly agrees with SCP-682 that humans are disgusting and along with Zamasu they're friendly with one another...much as that means anything. And Death Phantom liked 682 due to their shared desire to kill everything, even if the former's motives are even pettier than "they were disgusting".
- Cell is another highly malevolent figure SCP-682 gets along with, though as he sees 682 as a rival to his Ultimate Life Form positionnote there's a fair bit of "friendly" ribbing between the two. For starters, the lizard feels Cell wastes his time in making people's faces contort in terror. Cell admitted yes, but unlike the lizard he doesn't actually hate humanity; he wants to because it's fun. A less monstrous figure SCP-682 counts as a friendly rival is Ungoliant; like itself the Giant Spider is truly "otherly", and her interest in devouring the light has the lizard feel when she isn't squabbling with it over killing humans or Skewed Priorities between the two she can be very useful against those who'd try to contain/destroy it. SCP-682 hoped Sutekh the Destroyer and the Daleks would aid it, however they regard the beast as something to ultimately exterminate as they're too close to 682 in character. But that's for after they kill their non-omnicidal enemies, and the Dalek Empire regards 682's hate as "disgustingly beautiful".
- Only a god as insane and cruel as AM thought it was a good idea to make SCP-682 WORSE. And yet, he tried his damndest to convince SCP-682 that simply killing the disgusting humans was not enough; for the endless experimentation and suffering it should inflict a Fate Worse than Death on the humans, and AM is all too happy to help. The idea that SCP-682 would add sadism into the mix is scary enough, but bowels were voided upon the possibility they had a closer connection-they were one in the same. And when one of 682's own allies asked AM why he say all this, AM's response was right out of the lizard's playbook
AM: "Because he knows the truth about humanity; they are disgusting."
- With the SCP Foundation there is no canon, so no-one's surprised of the multiple backstories. The most popular one is that SCP-682 is the spawn of the Scarlet King and his fourth daughter-bride. Others claim that SCP-682 is the steed of which the Horseman Death rides. The horseman Death disavows this and states he's lying, to which 682 replied "of course you'd [REDACTED] say that; Death is a little girl". He may even have been the Serpent of the Garden of Eden, which the Satan who lost Paradise thought would be invitation to convince the Reptile to serve him. 682 chose to attack him instead. The Emperor of the Kingdom Dolorous had more success "befriending" the lizard by comparison; Dis in contempt to all creation appreciates the monster's nihilistic misanthropy.
- Back in 1882 Theodore Roosevelt and Lord Blackwood had to survive SCP-682 and 076-2, the former being known as the Tarasque. They've reported that the true form of SCP-682 is akin to a dragon, to which 682 quipped "by limited perspectives, yes". SCP-682 is close enough to a dragon that it is able to get along with Acnologia and Malefor, though mostly through shared hatred in humans and/or desire to end life as we know it. His alliance with the latter horrifies Spyro. Falkor was also horrified since he's exact opposite type of dragon, and Daenaerys was also disturbed by 682 who refuses to be tamed by the Targaryen. The lizard also took a liking to Ripley as "I can see we're more alike than different".
- SCP-682 attempted to reach out to Grima in their misanthropy, however Grima declared 682 was a rival for seeking to destroy all mankind as he believes its better they suffer under his regime. 682 believes that would be wasting time. It made the same reach out to Alduin and Majora's Mask to have aid in his goals, but they refused; Alduin is more interested in power than his job of being a world-ender, and Majora is childish psychopath who wanted to play games and do its own thing than listen to "reason". It finally got another dragon, Deathwing, to come to an understanding over what the two of them want. The O5 Council proceeded to tear their hair out at this since 682 was proving good at making friends when they don't trigger its Berserk Button.
- SCP-682 is considered a valuable member of the GUAD because the Trope Pantheon's Death Is Cheap status is a useless buff for 682; the creature is a lot smarter than it looks and has survived basically everything. Black Hand muses that like the Phantom Stranger 682 is neither dead nor alive. Neither Nekron nor 682 hold any offense to one another since Nekron does not see it as a "trespasser" and 682 doesn't see Nekron as "disgusting" either. Because many of the GUAD's members are still "disgusting" in his eyes due to being fully alive, it is a difficult ally prone to attacking said "disgusting" team-mates. Still, it bonded with some. Unicron agrees with 682 other life was disgusting, and Agent Smith has a similar disgust for humanity, who he perceives as a stinking virus. Finally there was the Lich, who 682 could respect for his tactical, never fooling around attitude in trying to kill everyone.
- For his omnicidal views on organic life, SCP-682 has no problem with mechanical life since they look normal and not horrifying to it. Most mechanical beings have a problem with him because they don't want humanity slaughtered, but as far as SCP-682 is concerned if they want to protect the REDACTED it's their problem. Optimus Prime was one of these. The nastier half of the GUAM likes this attitude; though SKYNET and XANA fear incurring 682's wrath to a degree, they're all too happy to help the anomaly Kill All Humans out of mutual misanthropy. The Magician is another acquaintance for its contempt for humanity, the SCP Foundation especially, and has helped 682 break containment numerous times. SCP-682 has a likeminded kinship for the rare organic race, namely the Brainspawn who consider almost all life incredibly unappealing as their thoughts are like agony. The SCP Foundation were concerned by also interested by their alliance; 682' thoughts neither hurt nor can be read by the brains, further proving 682's perspective is alien.
- It has shown surprising empathy with some potently eldritch beings, but the SCP Foundation has attempted to prevent any such meetings, since 682 is is trouble enough without such friends backing it up. Not helping is that it many of its allies would want 682 kept away from anything that might be a positive influence. Though many seem horrifying to humans, it can see the beauty in them. For example, not only does Ghatanathoa not mummify 682 but 682 regards it as striking. Worth noting that there are hints that while naturally hostile to Earth life, Earth life also has a subdued natural hostility, explaining some of the Foundation's unorthodox hostility to it.
- After seeing that The Power of Friendship could have an effect on SCP-682, as proven by SCP-999, more unorthodox means were used not to terminate 682 but convince 682 to change its ways. Nothing worked. Here are the attempts.
- Have the Care Bares use the Care-Bear Stare on SCP-682. This did nothing, and 682 said that it was fully capable of being kind. However they and all Earth life is far too disgusting to deserve compassion.
- After weakened from another termination attempt, have Iroque use Heel–Face Brainwashing on SCP-682 and force it to be compassionate with the Indigo Tribe. Amazingly, for five whole minutes SCP-682 was filled with compassion. However this was compassion in its eyes; rather than hating Earth life for being disgusting, it believed they needed to be put out of their misery for being disgusting.
- Get Wonder Woman to put the Lasso of Truth around 682. SCP-682 was forced to obey for the time, and Diana demanded to see the truth that humans are not disgusting. 682 proved it honestly believed it, resisting this. She then asked why. SCP-682 told the truth, in a language that gave her a migrane and gave 682 enough of a distraction to break out of the Lasso. Diana still refuses to elaborate on what the lizard told her beyond saying "I don't agree with it, but I understand why".
- Trying to control SCP-682 is considered stupid, just stupid. Proving he is stupid, Babidi thought it would be a good idea to try and Majin SCP-682. This failed due to a mix of a) 682 technically being Obliviously Evil and b) the wizard being unable to comprehend 682's mind. The Borg were far from stupid in their approach to the beast, but they are really tempted by assimilating the lizard into their perfection. 682 responded with a "you can REDACTED shove your DATA EXPUNGED perfection up your REDACTED". It feels the same to the Facehugger, who is interested in using 682 to create an unstoppable Xenomorph offspring, even if the lizard would survive the Chest Burster phase..assuming its even compatible.
- Some wonder what might happen if Majin Buu and SCP-682 fought; could 682 be assimilated by the former, or would the latter take control of the former's body? SCP-035 is interested in finding out, mainly because it is interested in taking control of 682's body. As the two share a desire to kill everyone, they've chosen not to answer this and instead work together for a common goal...unless Buu attacks the few things 682 likes, of course.
- The last thing that the SCP Foundation wants is to make SCP-682 worse. Horrified by something akin to Majin Buu, Shin immediately wished on the Dragonballs that Potara Earrings don't work when placed on SCP-682. No-one knows if this was close enough wording to not violate the "Dragonballs can't unwillingly affect a being stronger than their creator" as fortunately there's been no occasion where 682 has agreed to a 682-Zamasu or AM-682 situation. The SCP Foundation has proactively agreed they won't cross-test Doomsday despite their clear similarities making for a "fight fire with fire" scenario. Though the two see each other as competition, they also regard themselves as kindred spirits. And they absolutely don't want SCP-682 to learn of the SCP-6820 file. It's from a timeline where the SCP Foundation made a machine to remove 682 from the collective consciousness after learning it was the embodiment of the difference between life and death. But it was still known in the memory banks of the machine used to take it out, leading to "SCP-6820-A" hijacking it. All efforts to purge 6820-A eventually lead it to achieve apotheosis and full control of that universe.
- The Emperor of Mankind naturally regards SCP-682 as a vile anathema to the human race, but he also speculates on why it considers humanity disgusting. His theory is that it has something to do with the Chaos Gods and how life can be connected to them. The Hard-To-Destroy Reptile admits it regards the Chaos Gods as "disgusting", likely because of their nature as embodiments of collective emotion from being it already considers "disgusting". Khorne doesn't feel the same waynote though, since he respects 682's hatred and sheer determination. SCP-682 also holds a hatred of Shuma-Gorath and by extension the Many-Angled-Ones, but not one born out of its rage state: his kind made the Cancerverse, an Eldritch Location where those it calls "disgusting" lose the ability to die. And yes, 682 is well aware of the irony. It doesn't like the Forms of Immortality sub-house for similar reasons.
- There's a darker possibility for 682's hatred of the Chaos Gods from the very rare soul who has full access to the SCP-5000 article, one that details a timeline where the SCP Foundation agreed with SCP-682 and decided to Kill All Humans. There was an Entity who lives in the collective unconscious and is behind many of the traits that make humans human. Whatever it was is so bad that the SCP Foundation considered it more ethical to destroy mankind.
- There are other theories on why SCP-682 considers humanity disgusting. The SCP Foundation has long since stopped caring what 682 thinks, but that hasn't stop people theorizing. Melkor, who holds a burning hatred of men akin to the Hard-To-Destroy Reptile, theorizes it may be derived from similar contempt he has to humans. 682 spat at this and called Melkor out on his Psychological Projection. YHVH and Darkseid believe it is free will, only to get the same response Melkor got. Lucifer didn't even bother postulating on the why. A few even proposed 682 has the Freudian Excuse of people who keep trying to kill it. 682 is amused at said people for whitewashing it, given it was found after killing some farmers. And Cosmos postulated it's because 682 believes Humans Are Bastards. Interestingly there might be evidence for this as the 682 of the utopian SCP-6001 universe is peaceful and no longer considers humans disgusting. Then again, this is the SCP Foundation; there is no canon.
Elmer C. Albatross
Elmer C. Albatross, God of Sociopaths With Moral Codes (Child of Calamity and Light, Smile Junkie, Mr Happy End(ing), El, El-El, Elross)
- Intermediate God
- Symbol: His smile
- Alignment: Neutral Good in actions, True Neutral in intentions
- Portfolio: Dissonant Serenity, Too Terrifying for Fermet, Clinical Sociopath Who Nonetheless Has a Clear Moral Code, Incorruptible Pure Pureness, motivated For Happiness, No Empathy for People But Incredibly Sympathy, The Anti-Nihilist, From a Single Cell, Keet, Dark and Troubled Past, Conditioned to Accept Horror
- Domains: Happiness, Smiles, Sociopathy, Morality
- Interests: Nerose Satanel
- Respected by: Solf J Kimblee, Dexter Morgan
- Allies: Claire Stanfield, Herr Doktor Tenma, the Grand United Alliance of Good, Morty Smith, Princess Uni-Kitty, Wander (Wander over Yonder), Emperor Calus
- Enemies: Tenebrae, Johan Liebert and The Joker. To a lesser extent, those who want to end happiness.
- Uncertain opinion from: Iroque
- An old friend of Huey Laforet, Elmer C. Albatross is a man who looks to see a smile on everyone's faces. He comes off as kind if eccentric, but there's always a bit off on him. He was among those in the Advena Avis who gained immortality, and has always had an impressive pain threshold. You'd never guess at first glance he's a sociopath, but he has a strong moral code regardless of his Lack of Empathy.
- Believes everybody deserves happiness, period. You could be the noblest soul or the most depraved. Cosmos and Melkor alike, with Elmer only nominally opposing the latter because he is far more limiting for that goal than the former. And with potent immortality, he has all of time to achieve that. He only considers those who actively oppose happiness to be his true enemies, such as Melkor and Darkseid, but doesn't have genuine disdain for them at all.
- It's easy to consider The Sociopath a Villain by Default due to lacking empathy and remorse, but Elmer proves you don't need empathy to have a reason to benefit society and other people. It just means your heroic acts are inherently selfish. Indigo-1 doesn't know what to think of this; half of the point of the Indigo Tribe's Heel–Face Brainwashing is to redeem sociopaths under the thought they were incapable of doing so themselves. However she admires his altruistic, if selfishly motivated goals and worries forcing empathy on him might compromise that.
- Not the only sociopath with a moral code in the pantheon, though he does have the closest to a conventional moral code. He has Kimblee's respect for the dedication to his principles and being principled in general despite not caring about anyone. Dexter Morgan respects him as well given his own dedication to his own code, although recent analysis has shown unlike Elmer Dexter is sociopathic in tendencies, not completely so.
- There are far more worse people with Moral Sociopathy, but their opinion on Elmer is "I don't give a damn about him". Zamasu being an exception, though that's because of general contempt for mortals. He has much bigger fish to fry, though some tiny part of him admits they're not so different in one respect; they want to do what they think is right, even if they don't actually care about people. Beyond that and his hatred towards mortals, he simply scoffs that a mortal would sully things by possessing immortality that "gods alone deserve".
- Why does he think Good Feels Good when he doesn't care about people? Because the universe is meaningless, so why not? Very much the opposite of the Comedian, a fellow sociopath who's nihilism is "make fun of it all because there's no meaning". Morty has come across a similar position to Elmer, which he likes. Elmer doesn't care much for the more cynically nihilistic Rick, though.
- Doesn't get Cyrus. Cyrus argues that a World of Silence is a world where people are content and can progress, but Elmer thinks getting rid of all emotion, including happiness, would make it All for Nothing. Recent events have made Cyrus less passionate about it than before. By contrast he agrees a lot with the views of Emperor Calus on the universe. And Emmet Brickowski on life in general.
- Every single one of Elmer's enemies in the Pantheon came to be because of what Elmer is. Like Fermet in Elmer's home universe, Elmer is completely immune to whatever suffering they might try to put him through. The only one who has yet to break under the pressure of trying and failing to torture Elmer was Johan Liebert, whom sees Elmer as his second worthiest opponent after Tenma. While Elmer is motivated For Happiness, Johan is the sociopath as most of pop culture sees the condition; being an inherently wicked and cruel person.
- Some wonder if Elmer may be the anti-thesis of the Joker. No matter what the Joker put him through (given that Elmer's immortal, he can be put through a lot), he could not give Elmer a "bad day", going so far as to give up on torturing Elmer. The Joker's sociopathy makes him a Straw Nihilist, while Elmer's leads him to be equally kind to others. He annoys the sadistic psychopath Ramsay Bolton due to his inability to suffer, despite his immortality making him last far longer.
- He applauded Herr Doktor Tenma for placing his personal happiness above the demands of his job, even if it meant saving Johan Liebert's life. Tenma does not know what to make of Elmer, whom he considers eerily similar to himself. The one difference between the two is that Tenma is genuinely incorruptible; Elmer simply has nothing to corrupt. While he wishes the man had empathy, he is glad he wants to live as if he had it in abundance.
- Is a rather eerie and aloof member of the GUAG. He believes Good Feels Good, but his lack of guilt and compassion can make that...askew. He wants people to be happy, even if it's doing cruel things in a Pay Evil unto Evil fashion. He sides with the GUAG because of all alliances, they will lead to the most happiness, and not the idea it's the right thing to do. Well, not how they see it.
- Elmer's Dissonant Serenity has him often be welcome in the House of Calmness, but he prefers the House of Happiness since his goal is making everyone smile. He has become very close to Uni-Kitty and especially Wander, agreeing wholeheartedly in the latter's mission. Nerose Satanel thinks he could be a potential disciple, though it's unclear how Elmer might regard just how the Hadou God achieves cosmic happiness.
- Functionally immortal. Basically has Complete Immortality, and can only die if absorbed/assimilated by another immortal. The Sith Emperor, who's depravity is reflected by his path of immortality, wants to hijack and take control of his body while manipulating Szilard Quates to get rid of the immortals who could absorb this form. Voldemort was simply annoyed by Elmer, who isn't affected by his Cruciatis because of apathy towards his own pain and has a form of immortality he wants. Also, his narcissistic belief "only I can live forever" and extreme confusion that a sociopath is still motivated to do good, unlike him.
- A pure soul, but out of apathy rather than overwhelming empathy. Much like Tom Bombadill Elmer could just ignore the One Ring, and much like Tom he'd be too unreliable to keep it on his person. Larfleeze was a bit spooked that the orange light had no pull on Elmer, simply because of sheer disinterest. In fact he wishes Larfleeze would take his ring off, pointing out that it has never truly made him happy. The Orange Lantern ignored this and laughed at the idea of him ever giving up the ring.
- Why is he like the way he is? Part of it comes down to his background: he was born in a cult where his only purpose was suffer and be tortured to shoulder the sins and misfortune of the world. Not so different from the Avenger Angra Mainyu, actually. Sometimes they talk about it, but otherwise keep their distance.
Lambda-11, Goddess of Blank Slates (The Mechanical Soul)
- Intermediate Goddess
- Symbol: Her eight swords crossed behind her visor on top of her emblem.
- Theme Song: Awakening the Chaos, An Eternity of Battle, Reawakened, Alive. When not fighting, Gentle Feelings.
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Having one of the most tragic backstories in-game, Losing her memories to leave a fresh start, Break the Cutie, Eventually becoming separate from her fellow Murakumo, Empty Shell, Weaker than her sisters, Counting her hits off in German, Dying to save her loved one and supposedly for real yet still coming back regardless, Speaking robotically and emotionlessly at all times, Getting the short end of the stick.
- Domains: Swords, Prototypes, Calmness, Emptiness
- Superior: Kokonoe A. Mercury
- Telos Operatives: Labrys, The Green Biker Dude
- Rest of Liberion Arcadia: Epsilon, Sage Harpuia, Dr. Ciel, Hidden Phantom, Fighting Fefnir, 2B, 9S, ICEY, Quote and Curly Brace, Fairy Leviathan
- Ragna the Bloodedge, Noel Vermillion (her younger sister), Nu-13 (her other younger sister), Makoto Nanaya, Reptile, Nanoha Takamachi, Fluttershy, Zero, Legion, Aigis, Kai, Grey, Vatista
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork with: Hakumen, Jin Kisaragi, Prometheus and Pandora
- Enemies: Yuuki Terumi, Dr. Weil, Relius Clover, Omega
- Ascended after a gambit by Kokonoe took effect, ousting the former God of this position, Shadow Mitsuo, with the aid of the Investigation Team and planting her in his place, all to gain another edge against Terumi in case he manages to get back to the top of his game after his defeat. Kokonoe's only words to Lambda upon her arrival was to tell her to get to her temple and await further orders, though Tager noticed she seemed strangely happy...
- Many a good-aligned god have taken a look at her past and come away deeply saddened by what they've seen. Even some of the evil ones feel a little uncomfortable. Lambda simply goes on as usual, silently and efficiently, though she has started to thaw out of it.
- No one is entirely certain if she is actually the original Lambda or an alternate version of Nu's soul implanted into her body. Lambda herself doesn't know, and Kokonoe's not telling.
- Has spent some time attempting to socialize with her younger sisters. While her time with Noel always end up on sweet, if somewhat awkward (mostly due to Makoto) moments, all efforts to interact with Nu end with her hastily beating a retreat as the Calamity Trigger screams at her to stay away from "her" Ragna.
- Speaking of Ragna, the two of them have on occasion talked with each other, though it's rather uncomfortable to the former due to how much she resembles Nu. Still, after a while he grew to enjoy it.
- After Ragna retreated into his temple due to transforming partly into the Black Beast, Lambda has grown almost completely distant from others, only socializing with her allies and even they occasionally have hard times making her talk. She's also finally begun to see Nu as less of a troubled soul and more as an enemy.
- Jin tries to stay away from her as much as possible, as he doesn't like how she reminds him of Noel. Hakumen avoids her like the plague, though it's for more personal reasons.
- Gets along well with Fluttershy, and while the pegasus was originally scared of her, their similar quiet actions eventually forged a bond, and they occasionally go to the Houses of Beasts and Nature to observe the wildlife in their spare time. Lambda is particularly fascinated by the insects. It might have something to do with the little Tartar she once adopted...
- Nanoha immediately took her aside when they first saw each other face-to-face and told her that she would be her friend someday. One befriending ritual later, and the two spend their free days hanging out together. It's also one of the few times Lambda ever has something other than a frown on her face aside from being around Ragna. It helps that they sound so similar if one disregards their usual tones.
- Has had some discourse with Legion, occasionally speaking on the idea that beings like them have souls. They even, very rarely, play games with each other.
- Aigis feels really sorry for her. Where both of them were built for combat, Aigis was given emotions to operate on, whereas Lambda has no emotions at all. While she doesn't know how to help, Aigis hopes that one day Lambda is able to gain something resembling actual emotions.
- Has a strong relationship with Labrys, due to their similar pasts as prototypes and their hatred for Nu's behavior. Lambda also had Labrys' color.
- Friends with Grey, who sees a lot of himself in her from when he first awoke. He hopes that one day she'll find her own identity, just like he did.
- Allies with Vatista, due in part to their similar nature and weapon of choice.
- Fulfilled Kokonoe's mission parameters when she was confirmed to return to the playing field, with even more differences from Nu. The Evil Laugh of Kokonoe and the angry shouts and swears of Terumi could be heard all throughout the Pantheon.
- Lambda's response: "…Leaving now."
- Along with Labrys and Aigis, Lambda received an invite to join an anti-GUAM robot resistance unit called Liberion Arcadia. She and Labrys both looked to Aigis' decision to influence theirs. Minus Aigis herself, due to her job as one of the Shadow Operatives, they eventually joined on her recommendation to acquire safeguards against the Sigma Virus, taking part in the group's public reveal in the process. Kokonoe approved of this, but made sure to give Lambda the order to also get something in place for Tager, who despite being downgraded to Kokonoe's herald could still be a target of the GUAM's plans. Administering the safeguards ended up being standard operating procedure for all non-Reploids who joined the group thereafter…
- She and others telling Fairy Leviathan about Nu-13 after Leviathan's ascension caused Lambda to realize that Leviathan was similar to Nu…if only Nu had enough sanity to realize that Ragna would never be in favor of destroying everything for the sake of romance. So when Leviathan started sparring with Ragna afterwards, Lambda didn't make a huge fuss, but she did make a note to herself to keep an eye on the situation.
Q-Bee, Goddess of Hive Mentality
- Lesser Goddess
- Symbol: A Soul Bee (a miniature version of herself).
- Theme Music: "Iron Horse, Iron Terror"
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral/Hungry/Stupid
- Portfolio: Figural and Literal Bee People, Cute Monster Girl, Stingers, Non-Mammalian Hair and Breasts, Insect Queen, Extreme Omnivore
- Domains: Bees, Queens, Monsters, Hunger
- Allies: Jedah Dohma, Swarm, Famine the Horseman, Crow
- Enemies: Artix von Krieger
- Rivals: Queen Sectoria
- The queen bee of the Soul Bee race, a race full of quite literal Bee People. She is the queen, the rest of them are workers. Enough for her to weaponize them.
- Her humanoid appearance is to lure humans to her, and most of the humanoid traits might not be real (like her eyes in her face; those orbs on her head are the real eyes). She captures humans and use them for breeding and to be feast upon. When she says she wants to eat you, she means it literally.
- Where Soul Bees can devour everything for substance (like robots), they obviously feast on souls. She usually visits Famine the Horseman to see if he has any spare souls in hand.
- In a state of irony, Hannibal Lecter once captured Q-Bee and tried to eat her. She was able to escape before he was able to severe her completely, resurrect into a new body by injecting a poor victim with eggs and cocooning them, dying and coming back from the eggs. Lecter himself said that she tastes more insect-like than human-like.
- Unfortunately, she is not the brightest person around. Her desire to feed her people has lead to a situation that they were on the verge of extinction due of devouring too many souls, leaving with nothing to eat. That is why gods make sure that her people don't go into a feasting rampage.
- Is in eternal battle with Queen Sectoria and her Sectas. So far, Sectoria is winning.
- Gained an ally within said fight by the name of Crow. This may have to due with how similar Crow views Q-Bee to another Bee princess he once kidnap by the name of Princess Apodia, even finding Sectoria too distasteful for his liking. Not that Q-Bee seems to mind (or maybe isn't even aware, not that she can be blamed for this), still seeing him as a good friend.
- Not to be confused with Kyubey, a.k.a. QB. Not helped by the fact that Incubators eat Grief Seeds, meaning that they eat souls. She once tried to eat him, after which she commented that "Incubators taste horrible". She plans on using them to breed more Soul Bees in the future instead.
Legion, Deity (Deities?) of Mind Hives (Infiltrait0rN7)
- Demideity (or Demideities?)
- Symbol: a piece of N7 armor. Alternately, the M-98 Widow Anti-Materiel Rifle
- Alignment: Under debate; Lawful Good, True Neutral, and Blue-and-Orange Morality are generally the three most popular alignment choices practiced by followers.
- Portfolio: Emotionless Marksmen, Frightening Mechanical Voiceovers, Monocular Robots, Late-Joining Allies, Those Named Legion, Answering Questions Using Boolean Logic, Issues with Pronoun Attribution, Friendly Synthetic Life-Forms, Intelligent Members of Five-Man Bands, Serious Characters in Decidedly Non-Serious Situations, Robots Questioning if They Have Souls, Badass Automata, Gifted Gamers
- Domains: Machinery, Space, Travel
- Normandy Crew: Commander Shepard (Shepard-Commander), Tali'Zorah vas Neema (Creator Tali'Zorah), Liara T'Soni, Urdnot Wrex, Jeff "Joker" Moreau, Kaidan Alenko, Ashley Williams, Garrus Vakarian, Mordin Solus, Miranda Lawson, EDI, Zaeed Massani, Kasumi Goto, James Vega, Javik (Conflicting Opinion on Javik's side)
- Others: Sora, Mars, Doraemon, Wesker, Ermac
- Enemies: The Illusive Man, Harbinger, Kyubey, The Vex, SKYNET (Especially after gaining a successor also named Legion) The Master Control Program, HAL, XANA, SHODAN, Samaritan, Arfoire, Love Machine, GlaDOS, Agent Smith, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Blitzwing, Lockdown, Unicron
- Opposed by: Torbjörn Lindholm
- Once Legion had ascended to the pantheon and placed in the House of Mentalism, everyone made Legion the 'Offical Guide' to help visitors around the dark halls of the house because of Legion's 'flashlight' head.
- Like the piece of Shepard-Commander's armor, the M-98 is also special to it (them?). Its only comment is "…It is an efficient model."
- Ascended to Godhood when it brought full individual consciousness to all Geth at the cost of its own existence, but Legion lives on as a deity, for this unit has a soul.
- Is known to occasionally drop by the House of Gaming to play some of the games they have there.
- Legion may be new to the whole "having emotions" thing, but one thing is clear: it despises the Incubators. The reason for this is that over the thousands of years the Incubators have been active, they have been manipulating countless numbers of races, taking away their ability to self-determinate, and resulting in hundreds of sapient races' extinctions, while the Geth hold the right to self-determinate as the most important integral right of all sapient life, and its violation a grievous sin.
"Unacceptable methods. Unforgivable transgressions. The ends do not at all justify the means in this situation. Entities designate 'Incubators' violate the right to self-determinate of targeted species, strip sapient races of their right to walk their own path, forcefully manipulate target species' developments to their detriment, steal their target races' futures for their own goals, condemn species to extinction for no true worthy purpose. They are no better than the Reapers."
- Legion (and the true geth as a whole) are also extremely disturbed by the Vex, who they consider a logical extrapolation of what the geth heretics could have become if they were allowed to reverse-engineer the Reapers' indoctrination abilities (among other technologies like Time Travel). It doesn't help that the Vex visually resemble the Geth, and thus the latter sometimes get blamed for the former's actions by those unaware of the difference between them.
- Legion became interested in the red ninja Ermac after hearing he was a similar being like him but the thing that caught his atention the most was that Ermac was an organic being unlike him/them. Legion has been trying to figure out if Ermac is able to comunicate at the same speed as the 1,183 geth programs in Legion's platform.
- With the revelation of Shepard being the Avatar in a different universe, there have been talks of seeing if her/his other squadmates have potential to be benders. Of course, there's a lot more debate regarding Legion, given that it's Artificial Intelligence and whether or not his soul is sufficient to enable bending. Despite that, the geth is reported to have some affinity to air…
Hajime Hinata and Izuru Kamukura
Hajime Hinata and Izuru Kamukura, Dual Gods of Wanting to be Special and Its Consequences (Super High School Level ???, Super High School Level Hope, Izuru the Ultimate X, Hajimeme, KAMUKURA KAMUKURA YAS QUEEN, Literally Just Some Guy, Hajizuru)
- Demigod (Izuru is an Intermediate God)
- Symbol: An evidence bullet with the kanji for 'Future' written on it (Hajime), the crosshair symbol in his irises (Izuru)
- Theme Song: "Utae, Uso Ronaru Yorokobi wo (Enoshima's hymn)" (shared with Junko Enoshima)
- Alignment: Neutral Good (Hajime), True Neutral (Izuru)
- Hajime: I Just Want to Be Special, Amnesiac Hero, Expressive Hair, Death of Personality, Cannot Spit It Out, Heroic Self-Deprecation, Nice Guy, Deadpan Snarker, Tall, Dark, and Snarky, Insecure Love Interest, Classical Anti-Hero, Only Sane Man, Ambition Is Evil
- Izuru: Broken Ace, Bystander Syndrome, Revenge, The Stoic, Being Framed For Crimes You Didn’t Commit, Gone Horribly Right, Heroic Neutral, All Your Powers Combined, The Spock, Completely Indifferent To Others (Except Chiaki), Badass in a Nice Suit, Tranquil Fury
- Both: The Cynic, Perpetual Frowner, Star-Crossed Lover, Holding Onto a Tragic Keepsake For Years, Took a Level in Kindness, The Leader, Split-Personality Merge
- Domains: The Ordinary, The Talented, Ambition, Apathy
- Allies: Chiaki Nanami, Monomi/Usami, Ibuki Mioda, Makoto Naegi, Kyouko Kirigiri, Sayaka Maizono, Mikan Tsumiki, Sonia Nevermind, Peko Pekoyama, Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu, Nekomaru Nidai, Phoenix Wright, Yu Narukami, Guy Cecil, Ichigo Kurosaki, Junpei Iori, Takumi Inui/Kamen Rider Faiz
- Conflicting Opinion: Nagito Komaeda, Monaca Towa, Tohru Adachi (Izuru only)
- Enemies: Junko Enoshima and Monokuma, Tsumugi Shirogane, Tohru Adachi (Hajime only), people with god complexes, all corrupt authority figures
- The two have a rather shocking tale: Hajime, who long desired to be special, volunteered for a project that would make him so. But the cost was erasing his personality, with the new persona being christened Izuru. The pair earned their places in the pantheon after Izuru set up the killing school trip, wherein he reverted to Hajime, who rallied the other students, helped to defeat Junko Enoshima, and returned the SHSL Despairs to their ordinary selves.
- Hajime was very surprised to learn he’d ascended, considering himself just an ordinary and uninteresting “scrub”. Izuru, on the other hand, treated his ascension the same way he treats everything else—with a dry “how boring”. The only thing that perked him up a little was noticing that Human Chiaki had also ascended.
- It was originally thought that Izuru was a violent Serial Killer out to destroy the world in the name of despair after Junko Enoshima broke his spirit. It was later discovered that he was only loosely affiliated with her, didn’t commit or was framed for many of the atrocities associated with him, and turned on her as soon as she wronged him by executing a certain gamer. That said, he’s still hardly a nice person and creeps most of the other deities out by virtue of being utterly impossible to read.
- Due to this, the Future Foundation members watching Hajime to ensure he doesn’t relapse have relaxed a bit, as while Izuru isn’t harmless, he rarely acts unless provoked. So they don’t consider him as much of a threat anymore.
- Their situation, that of being two separate personalities in the same body, isn’t a first for their franchise. But unlike Toko Fukawa, who can change her personalities with certain triggers, the two of them did not originally exist at the same time, nor could they switch—Izuru was only created when Hajime was erased, and Hajime only returned when Izuru stepped back.
- After waking up from the Neo World Program, they found themselves reaching an accord and now share their body in harmony. Hajime seems to be controlling their body most of the time, but it’s implied Izuru is still in there, which accounts for how he can coexist with and take control from him in the pantheon.
- They were both very happy to see Human Chiaki again, and had a rather sweet reunion. She was briefly confused upon seeing Izuru, having met him before but not gotten any answers on his situation with Hajime; once it was explained, she happily welcomed him with open arms as well. Now they spend a lot of time in the Gaming Pantheon with her, as she’s the one thing the two of them can agree on liking.
- Hajime isn't exactly sure what to think of Nagito Komaeda. Was he justified in trying to kill everyone? Were they really friends? How much of what he says about himself is true? Does he really have a disease that's eating away at his brain and causing him to act the way he is? They seem to be getting along better after a while though.
- Izuru’s opinion on Nagito is much more straightforward—“he’s boring”. He does seem a bit wary of him, though, having seen that while his luck can counter Nagito’s, Nagito’s is still incredibly volatile and dangerous.
- Both Hajime and Izuru were very displeased to find that Junko had ascended, given her very long list of crimes against both the world and them as individuals. However, they know that there’s pretty much nothing they can do to pay her back, since she takes pleasure even in losing, so they just try to ignore her.
- Hajime formally asked for forgiveness from Usami upon hearing of her ascension, and thanked her for defeating AI Junko. He also finally got to thank AI Chiaki for everything she’d done.
- Due to the fact that they sound identical, Hajime gets along well with Narukami, Cecil, and Ichigo. He also really dislikes Adachi for being, in his words, “a nightmarish cross between Izuru and Junko”.
- While Hajime just straight-up dislikes Adachi, Izuru’s relationship with him is more complicated. He does understand being utterly bored with the world; however, Adachi’s sociopathic and manipulative tendencies remind him too much of Junko for him to truly say he likes him. Adachi, meanwhile, often tries to convince Izuru to join him in livening up the world by killing. Most are reassured that Izuru, having tried that before and found it boring, probably won’t be taking him up on that offer.
- About Narukami... let's not forget this line. Yu understands all too well.
- Hajime also ended up becoming friends with Junpei Iori and Takumi Inui, as he understands the former’s desire to be special all too well and the latter’s identity crisis as a result of having split personalities.
- One thing both of them have in common is being a source of many memes. Neither is exactly proud of this.
- Can also be found in Identity Issues.