The Complete Monster is the most depraved of all characters; a villain utterly lacking in redeeming features. Trying to put a value on the evilness of a Complete Monster is like calculating the credit score of Bill Gates: it's a moot point.
Or, anyway, that is how the character is presented in the story. The character is a bad guy, full stop. The author has not taken the character through any actions toward redemption, or at least any that stuck.
The Complete Monster can be recognized by these signs:
- The character is truly heinous by the standards of the story, which makes no attempt to present the character in any positive way.
- The character's terribleness is played seriously at all times, evoking fear, revulsion and hatred from the other characters in the story.
- They are completely devoid of altruistic qualities. They show no regret for their crimes.
Characters calling out other characters for their crimes In-Universe is You Monster!. Due to misuse, examples of this trope go through the Complete Monster clean-up thread before being added to works.
- Anime & Manga (includes Manhua, Manhwa, and Light Novels)
- Comic Books (includes Newspaper Comics)
- Fan Games
- Fan Works
- Film Animated
- Film Live-Action
- Live-Action TV
- Mythology & Religion
- Scripts & Screenplays
- Tabletop Games
- Video Games
- Visual Novels
- Web Animation
- Web Serial Novels
- Web Video
- Western Animation
- Other Media (includes characters from multiple pieces of media)