"You will watch and you will learn what happens when I am displeased!"
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Here are the vilest villains that Visual Novels have to offer.
open/close all folders
# - L
- Ace Attorney franchise:
- Phoenix Wright series:
- The first game: Manfred von Karma is an amoral prosecutor who uses underhanded tactics to maintain his perfect win streak. When defense attorney Gregory Edgeworth beats him by exposing his illegal tactics, Manfred becomes enraged, taking the chance given by an earthquake striking the courtroom to catch up with Gregory and his son in an elevator and murdering Gregory. Taking Gregory's son, Miles, under his wing, Manfred raises him to become a cold, ruthless prosecutor who cares for nothing but always winning a guilty verdict. Setting up a second murder, Manfred plans to frame Miles for both it and his own father's death, intending to see his adoptive son executed as the final act of his revenge against Gregory.
- Trials and Tribulations: Dahlia Hawthorne is a petty sociopath who hides her devilish personality underneath an elegant façade. Having previously manipulated her boyfriend Terry Fawles into assisting her in a robbery meant to spite her family, before killing her stepsister Valerie and framing him for the murder, Dahlia ensured Fawles's suicide to warrant her freedom. Poisoning defense attorney Diego Armando as revenge against Mia Fey for almost getting her convicted, Dahlia seduced Phoenix Wright to cover her tracks, killing his friend Doug Swallow for trying to warn him and framing Phoenix for it after her attempts to poison him failed. Despite being executed, Dahlia returns as a vengeful ghost, aiding her mother Morgan Fey in her plan to kill Maya Fey solely to spite Mia's spirit.
- Apollo Justice: Kristoph Gavin is a seemingly-helpful mentor who is really one half of the diabolical duo to usher in "The Dark Age of the Law" by disbarring Phoenix Wright. Kristoph did this out of a petty grudge for Phoenix being chosen as a lawyer for a client instead of him, and so murders said client and manipulates a shy artist and his own brother to enact his vengeance. Poisoning both the artist and her father, Kristoph intended for both to die, gloating to Apollo and Phoenix he knew their line of questioning would make her nervously bite her nails, where he had put the poison. Having started poisoning the artist when she was only twelve, Kristoph is happy to then sit back and watch her face conviction for her own father's murder committed by himself.
- Investigations: Quercus Alba, while initially seeming like a frail, kind old man, turns out to be the hardened, cold-hearted boss of a large and powerful smuggling ring. Thanks to him putting many highly-convincing counterfeit bills into circulation, the country of Zheng Fa has been thrown into economic chaos due to his machinations. He also ordered the deaths of Cece Yew, Deid Mann, and Byrne Faraday due to their efforts in trying to expose his role in the smuggling ring, and personally murdered Mask*DeMasque II and his subordinate Manny Coachen: DeMasque II for stealing the fake statue that contained the plates used for creating counterfeit bills, and Coachen due to him seeking to steal power of the smuggling ring from under Alba's nose. Ruthless and rotten to the core, Alba will kill anyone without so much as a second thought for the sake of keeping his criminal empire running.
- Dual Destinies: "the phantom" is a mysterious international super spy and the other figure responsible for "The Dark Age of the Law". Murdering multiple people to assume their identities, the phantom has no qualms over the suffering his actions cause, allowing the neighbors of one of his victims to believe she had been killed by her 11-year-old daughter. Sabotaging a rocket, the phantom nearly kills the astronaut aboard and years later bombs an entire space station; he later murdered yet another astronaut, Apollo's best friend, and framed the astronaut's coworker. Attempting to bomb a courtroom to destroy a piece of evidence, the phantom is willing to kill hundreds to get away and tries to frame Athena and her friend for his atrocities.
- Spirit of Justice: Ga'ran Sigatar Khura'in is the sadistic megalomaniac responsible for the draconic legal system of the Kingdom of Khura'in. After being passed over for the throne in favor of her gentle sister Amara due to lacking spiritual power, jealously led to Ga'ran orchestrating multiple attempts on Amara's life in order to strong-arm her into going into hiding while framing Amara's husband Dhurke for her apparent murder. After seizing the throne, Ga'ran passed the Defense Culpability Act, which would force a defense attorney to suffer the same fate as the accused upon losing a case; this led to hundreds, if not thousands, of unjust deaths of defendants and lawyers alike under Khura'in's one-sided court system. Completely uncaring towards her own family, Ga'ran forces Amara and her nephew Nahyuta to cater to her whims on threat of ruining her niece Rayfa's life, and doesn't hesitate to blackmail them into taking the fall for a murder she committed or secretly ordering for Amara to be shot in court. Heartless enough to leave the baby Apollo Justice to die in a fire which she started—and killing Apollo's father while leaving—and egomaniacal to the point of making standing up to her a crime worthy of execution, Ga'ran proved to be among Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice's most depraved foes yet.
- Cinderella Phenomenon: Hildyr is a witch who has a huge resentment towards humans. Prior to the main story, she murdered the ten-year-old daughter of her former friend, Delora, out of spite. When she met with the King of Angellie, she rapes him and then uses her new position as the Queen of Angellie to make it a living hell after she kickstarts the war of humans, fairies and witches alike. When a certain family refused to gave their son to Hildyr because he was a magically gifted witch, she murders them and then turns the son into her own apprentice. She is also emotionally and mentally abusive towards her daughter, Lucette, brainwashing her and isolating her from the outside world. In one of the bad endings, Hildyr then tries to forcibly absorbs Lucette's magic power and does not hesitate to render her an Empty Shell when Lucette refuses to cooperate with her and then use her daughter's current state so that she could force her former apprentice to working with her again. Despite being a good witch a long time ago, Hildyr commits her atrocities with her own free will and is motivated to do so by hatred towards humans at best and her sadistic whims at worst.
- Demonbane gives us a nasty trio in a world inspired by the fiction of H. P. Lovecraft:
- Nya, aka Nyarlathotep, is the true Big Bad of the whole setting, having set up all the events, allowing Anticross to cause so much pain and suffering, as well as their experiments and the bloodshed that resulted. Her cruelty is such that she attempts to create an Eldritch Location where a hero who opposed her is forced to relive his life over and over, coming close to seeing his true love again, but resetting before he could get to her. Nya's ultimate goal is to release Azathoth and the other outer gods to consume everything, relishing in nothing more than humanity's suffering.
- Tiberius is a sickening killer and necromancer loathed even by many of his Anticross comrades. Tiberius is introduced as an undead masked clown who wants "alone" time with the young heir of the heroic Hadō family Ruri. Once he catches her, Tiberius wastes no time molesting and trying to rape her. When his organization Anticross makes its move, the people of the city are placed in refugee shelters. Tiberius attacks one shelter and take his time slaughtering or violating every living thing, regardless of age, before he moves on to another shelter to attempt the same. When he catches Ruri, he uses her as a Human Shield in his fight with Kurō Daijuji and wastes no time in trying to rape her and other youthful females he finds during the fighting.
- Vespasianus is the Mad Scientist of Anticross who masterminded the C Project, where orphans were taken and raised for his experiments, so he could transform them into superpowered servants for the Black Lodge. One of them tried to escape, which resulted in Vespasianus subduing him and turning him forcibly into the Black Angel Sandalphon. In the present, Vespasianus presides over experiments with the Deep Ones where he has them "breed" with human women and later sacrifices the lot of them before achieving the summoning of the God Dagon, which he knows will wreak havoc. Vespasianius later helps fellow Anticross member Augustus participate in the overthrow of their master Therion with the other 4 so he and Augustus can bind Cthulhu itself to their will. He has Cthulhu violate their captive Nero and later tries to usurp Augustus as well, driven by nothing but a drive to satisfy his intellectual curiosity.
- Echo: James Hendricks, a wealthy ram who lived in the eponymous town of Echo in the 1910s, also happened to be a pedophilic Serial Killer. When the townsfolk found out about the childrens' corpses, James scapegoated his own lover John—who, being a desert fox, was analogous to a Native American—having him lynched. Flashforward one century later, and James's ghost possesses his descendent Carl in the route where he is the Love Interest, altering his personality and making him have a relationship with Chase Hunter—possibly against Carl's own will—for the express purpose of manipulating him and helping him defeat John. Eventually he settles on sending the gang to a spirit dimension where he intends to kill them, and is only unable to do so thanks to John's interference and our heroes finding out the whole story, banishing James's spirit in the proccess. James may also be the antagonist of the T.J. route, where a spiritual entity possesses Chase and makes him possessive of T.J. and violent, all to put him in a situation where he'd be forced to be the spirit's pawn and kill Flynn for seemingly no reason.
- Fate/stay night: Zouken Matou, head of the Matou mage family, is an ancient, revolting man who has long since forgotten everything save his pursuit of the Holy Grail and the power it can bestow upon him. Remaining alive by killing and stealing the bodies of his descendants, Zouken later adopted the young girl Sakura from the Tohsaka family, before using her as a host for magic worms, having them violate Sakura for over a decade. Zouken manipulates his wayward descendant Kariya into fighting the Grail War for him, fully intending on using Kariya as a sacrificial lamb, infesting him with the worms to shorten his life. After Sakura's power became too dangerous to control, Zouken had her adoptive brother Shinji rape her regularly to keep it under control. In the "Heaven's Feel" route, Zouken, as the Big Bad, engineers a great amount of death and catastrophe, provoking Sakura into unlocking her hidden dark side, intending to seize her body as well and finally claim the Grail at long last.
- The Fruit of Grisaia: Kiyoka Irisu was born and raised to be the next head of the corrupt Irisu clan, a family behind political crimes and assassinations. When her husband tried to expose the family's sinister actions, she casually ordered her daughter, Makina, kidnapped to lure out her husband and have him executed in front of his daughter. Left for a week with the rotting corpse of his father, Makina suffered severe mental issues and was disowned by her mother. When Kiyoka needed Makina back due to needing a new heir when her other daughter Sarina was in critical condition, Makina threatened to expose her actions in order to get rid of her. Kiyoka responded by ordering her daughter's workplace to be destroyed and Makina herself assassinated, as well as anyone in her way. When Makina was placed into critical condition as well due to being shot, Kiyoka contemplated ending her life support.
- Heart of the Woods: "The Moonsick One", currently known as Evelyn Fischer, is a fairy who has prolonged her life for centuries by stealing people's bodies . Most recently, she grooms her "daughter" Morgan to be her next vessel, using emotional abuse to break Morgan's spirit. Evelyn uses her power of Glamour to sway the town's citizens into unquestioning loyalty to her, and is apparently responsible for misfortune befalling Morgan's first girlfriend Hannah, resulting in Morgan being treated as an outcast. When Tara and Madison arrive in Eysenfeld, Evelyn tries to get them to leave, and when that fails, uses an illusion of Tara to trick Madison into running out into a blizzard, which results in Madison freezing to death. When Tara and Morgan investigate Evelyn, Evelyn cruelly makes light of Madison's death and slams Tara into the wall, injuring her. She later uses Tara as a hostage to get Morgan to come with her so she can use Morgan's blood to destroy an ancestral tree of the forest, endangering the entire forest and those who live in it. In the climax, Evelyn abducts Tara to steal her body, wanting to assume the guise of a minor celebrity and leave Eysenfeld, and tries to kill Tara's friends when they arrive to thwart her plans. Evelyn is a cruel, self-centered woman who cares nothing for how many deaths she causes as long as it gets her what she wants.
- Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni:
- "Mesomeso-san": Yoshihito Kanamori started as the homeroom teacher of Marie Moriya, a young girl bullied by her classmates. He used to defend her from the bullies, until the stress of his job got to him and he started to take his stress out on Marie. His supplementary lessons include molesting her and putting it on camera. When Marie gathered up enough courage to stand up to him, he strangles her to death, singing her a song about graduation from life to death while doing so, then dumps her corpse in the old school's septic tank. He also considered murdering other children when he thought that they were eavesdropping. When he encounters Marie's spirit in the restroom, he gives her a long "The Reason You Suck" Speech about her not going to the police to report on him while she was still alive and called her an imbecile who couldn't fend for herself. He then opens the door to one of the bathroom stalls, and upon finding that Marie has apparently physically manifested, he tries to strangle Marie a second time. When the deed was seemingly done, he proceeds to rape the corpse when he notices it was still there. While he claims that he did all this out of love for Marie, it's ultimately proven hollow.
- Renoir of the Art Room: Nafumi Shintani was an art room teacher who seemed to be a Cool Teacher, given her popularity among the young male students. In reality, Nafumi was a prolific child molester who got off on the suffering of young boys, deeming it as beautiful. To this end, she invites young boys into the art room, and she would offer them cups of drug-laced tea, after which she would proceed to torture their unconscious bodies with cigarettes and palette knives. In addition to this, she had dozens of sketches of abused boys in her desk. One of her past victims, Yuuki Noda, loved his teacher to the point that he allowed her to abuse him if it meant his feelings for her were returned. Eventually, Yuuki tried to escape her, but she grabbed his shoulder, which caused him to trip and fall underneath a table, resulting in a heavy bust falling on his head. A week later, she drugged and attempted to torture another boy, but she was stopped by the titular Renoir of the Art Room note . She expressed zero remorse for being indirectly responsible for Yuuki's death, stating that he was a "stupid kid" who deserved to die. Depraved and perverted, Shintani repeatedly showed that she cared only for herself and her lusts.
- The House in Fata Morgana: Lord Jean-François Barnier is the one responsible for Morgana's corruption. A wicked tyrant who took power by killing his own family, he entertains himself by torturing and killing slaves, rebels and prostitutes. Meeting the eleven-year-old Morgana while attended by a harem of girls her age, Barnier goes on to cut Morgana to allow himself and other nobles to drink her holy saint's blood, and make her eat human meat, before trying to kill her when her health worsens. Confronted by Jacopo, Barnier skewers Ceren for a shot at killing him and mocks Jacopo over her death.
- Kikokugai: The Cyber Slayer:
- Zhang Jaobu is the head of the Triads' prostitution ring. In the course of his job, Jaobu routinely rapes the girls to break them and was one of five Triad leaders who participated in the attempt on Kong Taoluo's life, and then the gang-rape of his sister. After this, Jaobu's group took said sister Ruili to an infamous scientist and split her soul amongst five androids. Jaobu keeps one that he regularly rapes and prostitutes to wealthy clients while thinking that the real fear from the Ruili-bot is what makes it enjoyable.
- Zhu Shaoyan, known as The Demon Empress, is another of the five who participated in Taolun's attempted murder and the gang rape of Ruili. Herself a Serial Rapist and Serial Killer, Shaoyan has modified her cyborg body to rape women with the "right equipment" and to tear her victims apart after. With her own personal Ruili-bot, Shaoyan routinely rapes and tortures her while introducing games to force the other woman to pleasure her within a certain timeframe. Failure to do so will result in horrible torture and abuse. At times, Shaoyan is simply so absorbed in her own thoughts that she damages Ruili anyways. Thinking back to Taolun, Shaoyan only sneers "That bastard was so smug... But I broke his precious little sister with my own two hands!"
- The Letter: Lady Charlotte Ermengarde is the vicious daughter of the founders of Luxbourne City and its prior head, who hides behind a benevolent façade while secretly masterminding the misfortunes of the work. When her maid Takako discovers Charlotte's infidelity, she has Takako thrown in jail and raped by her men. Exposed to her fiancé Eduard, Charlotte orders both him and Takako's cat killed as well to torment her, before framing Takako and sentencing her to be burned at the stake. Returning after death as "The Ghost" fused with Takako, Charlotte leaves the latter unable to move on to the next life while haunting Luxbourne as the Anslem Butcher, Rose and Johannes being among her victims, and psychologically torments the protagonists, potentially killing them all and raping one.
M - Z
- Marco and the Galaxy Dragon: Astaroth is an emotionless Galactic Conqueror and Social Darwinist who seeks the Lizard Stone to control the universe, seeking to wipe out all life for having emotions. Making a habit out of annihilating planets and slaughtering everyone inhabiting them in his quest for the Stone, Astaroth at one point invaded Earth and kidnapped hundreds of humans to sell for their organs and into slavery, seeking to make the young Marco his daughter Haqua's personal slave. Having murdered the inhabitants on the desert planet Gal, Astaroth sends sole survivor Gargouille to be tossed into space, later bragging to her about murdering her family. After finding out that the Stone's located on Earth, Astaroth makes numerous attempts to destroy the planet, and after retrieving the Stone, tears Marco's arm off, despite promising Haqua that he won't hurt her new friends, and celebrates his accomplishment by attempting to destroy the Earth again with his forces. A sadistic monster who refuses to see love, even for his own daughter, as anything but a weakness, Astaroth darkened the tone of this lighthearted story with every appearance.
- Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors: Gentarō Hongō, better known by his code name "Ace", first appears as a helpful and altruistic ally until he is revealed to be the CEO of Cradle Pharmaceutical(s). He created the First Nonary Game, kidnapping eighteen children and forcing them to commit numerous tasks with their lives on the line, for the sake of curing his prosopagnosia, inability to recognize faces. Hongō personally shoves the young Akane in an incinerator after an unsuccessful escape attempt where she burns alive, being too frightened and clueless to solve the Sudoku puzzle required to escape. In the Second Nonary Game, this time as a participant himself, he intends to betray and murder everyone in exchange for their bracelets, succeeding in the Submarine Ending. First, he successfully murders his three colleagues in order to hide his identity and keep his crimes from never reaching the court. He also murders Clover in the alternate Safe Ending, later taunting her brother Snake how he loved the sensation. An utterly corrupted, delusional and sadistic man, Hongō is willing to murder anyone who stands in his way while at the same time trying to claim that he is a tragic individual.
- Phantom of Inferno: Dr. Helmut von Giuseppe, better known as Scythe Master, is a sociopathic neuroscientist who brainwashes people he sees potential in to becoming the perfect assassins. Kidnapping one such individual, Reiji Azuma, Scythe erases his memories, renaming him Zwei and having another of his assassins, Ein, whose memory he also wiped, train him before sending the duo off on countless missions to kill enemies of his organization, Inferno. When Reiji and Ein escape from his clutches, Scythe turns to Reiji's young friend, Cal, corrupting the young girl into hating Reiji and becoming his psychotic killer. Using Cal on many missions, Scythe even sends her after his own friend, who had sheltered him when he was framed for betraying Inferno. Deeming the three assassins prototypes, Scythe creates a new batch of emotionless killers and sends them after the trio, watching the combat with delight.
- Gates Becker and Joseph Sadaoki Tokugawa work together to push humankind into space to satisfy their desires for control and profit. With Gates as his hidden partner, Tokugawa created a Sex Slave operation where he had famous female celebrities cloned and used for pleasure by himself and the highest bidders. The two have anyone in their way assassinated; when Jonathan Ingram finds their headquarters, he realizes the extent of their evil: the two have been placing human beings in stasis and harvesting their organs while using cloning technology to regrow the organs for an endless supply.
- Tony Redwood spends most of the game as a killer in a mask. When Jonathan Ingram comes out of a 30-year stint in suspended animation, Redwood kills his former wife with a car bomb, and later in the game guns down another of his friends. In order to frame Jonathan, Redwood murders a captive scientist with Jonathan's gun, placing him under suspicion for the murder. To escape, he also installs a bomb in a civilian shop so the police have to choose between chasing Redwood or saving innocent lives. Redwood takes the adopted child of Jonathan's partner hostage later and puts the partner in the hospital. When another operative fails in her task to shut off his life support and shows signs of performing a HeelFace Turn, Redwood murders her despite her being his own mother. When defeated, Redwood opts to throw himself to his death, laughing madly, solely to deny Jonathan the satisfaction of taking him in.
- Science Adventure Series (SciADV Series):
- Chaos;Head: Norose Genichi, head of the NOZOMI Group (Noah OrganiZation Of Medical Instruments), is a sneering, arrogant maniac who specializes in the Mind Rape of young girls. Operating as The Chessmaster to get the heroes, superpowered beings called Gigalomaniacs, to do what he wants to further his ends, Norose orchestrates the gruesome New Gen Murders specifically to destroy the protagonist Takumi Nishijou's sense of self and make him break down. He previously experimented on Sena's family, using her mother as a test subject in creating matter from artificial delusions. He forced a woman who had lost her baby to have a new one from her delusions until he decided he'd gotten enough information and ended the experiment, causing the woman to lose her mind and stab her eyes out, which Norose found quite amusing. He later has both Takumi's sister Nanami and Rimi kidnapped to lure out Takumi. His ultimate goal is to extract Takumi's DNA and use it to power Noah II, which he will use to control all humanity. Finally, he causes a destructive earthquake with the device before betraying and killing his two co-conspirators so he can rule by himself. While Norose claims he has good intentions, he is nothing more than a petty tyrant with a god complex seeking to enact his designs on a world he sees as having no point by hurting those in his way.
- Wataru Sakuma, Takuru Miyashiro's seemingly loving foster father, is a Mad Scientist who masterminds the Return of the New Generation Madness. In the past, he worked at a secret laboratory where he would carry out horrific experiments on Gigalomaniacs. Seeking to continue his experiments after the lab was shut down, Sakuma teams up with Serika Onoe, plastering Sumo Stickers around Shibuya to locate Gigalomaniacs and using his artificial Mind Control powers to force them to commit suicide in gruesome ways, often publicly. Sometime after he brainwashes Shinji Itou into serving as an accomplice, Sakuma targets his own adopted daughters, Yui and Nono, to be killed by Shinji and Serika, respectively. Finally, he has Takuru framed for the murders and forces him into a final fight, then traps him in a delusion where Takuru must witness Nono being killed repeatedly, before deciding to deprive Takuru of his senses altogether and let him go mad. Willing to harm even his own adopted children, Wataru Sakuma admits that his main motive for his evil is having fun.
- Shu(u)ichi Wakui is a teacher at Hekiho Academy and Sakuma's partner in crime. After helping Sakuma with the experiments on Gigalomaniacs in the past, he decides to aid Sakuma in the murders, and finds Serika a home by having her kill the original occupant. In the Deep Sky route, when Takuru Miyashiro and Hana Kazuki discover his true nature, he deafens them to drive them insane, then kidnaps Nono Kurusu—actually Senri Minamisawa—and holds her hostage in exchange for Takuru and Hana surrendering themselves to be killed. He tortures Nono/Senri to stop her struggling, then assaults Takuru with delusions of Hana biting her tongue off and Nono being repeatedly decapitated, before trying to kill them. In the Silent Sky route, he attacks Takuru and an amnesiac Serika when they infiltrate his hideout, then returns Serika's memories back just to torment her with the knowledge of her involvement in the murders, before allowing Takuru to cure Chaos Child Syndrome in exchange for Takuru going to jail in his place. In Love Chu Chu, Wakui, disguised as Detective Shinjo, traps Takuru and his friends in a delusion where everything is happy to get Takuru to use his powers. When that fails, he turns Serika into Black Serika and has her kidnap and torment Takuru.
- Steins;Gate 0:
- Dr. Judy Reyes is an immoral agent who will do anything to unlock the secrets of the brain for her own use. As the main antagonist of two of the game's routes, Reyes was an agent of DURPA sent to infiltrate Stratfor to gather the data of their brain experiments and the memory data of Amadeus, even helping Stratfor's unethical experiments. In her mission, Reyes sent her men to raid and threaten numerous key figures, including burning down Kurisu's home and trying to kidnap Maho and Kagari at gunpoint. Whenever her men fail, they commit suicide out of fear of what Reyes and DURPA would do to them. In "Twin Automata", Reyes tried to kidnap Hiyajo Maho and Alexis Leskinen to unlock Amadeus's memory data, and when Leskinen did so Reyes immediately executes him before threatening Maho for the access keys. In "The Promised Rinascimento", Reyes managed to kidnap Kagari and demanded Okabe to meet her, otherwise she'll kill her. During the meeting, Reyes reveals that she killed all the scientists working on the Amadeus and reveal her motivation was to unlock the secrets of memory implanting to create a series of deadly soldiers under DURPA's will before demanding Okabe to join her.
- Alexis Leskinen is a Mad Scientist who will callously damn the world to conduct his experiments to understand Time Travel. In the Beta world line, Leskinen caused the deaths of billions in his avaricious need to beat the Russians in their advancement. When Okabe and his resistance group try to build a time machine of their own, Leskinen attacks them and tortures Okabe into a coma. Sending messages to his past self and brainwashing another time traveler into helping that version of him, Leskinen from the past moves towards stealing a time machine, uncaring that doing so may cause a paradox and destroy the universe. Though stopped, Leskinen of the past repeats the original history and starts World War III anew.
- Shining Song Starnova: While the idol industry looks glamorous on the outside, this dastardly duo represents the very worst of the business:
- Kenjiro Oda is the chairman of Golden Calf Productions, and the one who represents some of the darkest aspects of the idol industry. A pervert and pedophile, Oda, for at least four years, would use his position to molest and sexually assault any idol under him, even kids, and if they refuse he would destroy their careers as retaliation. This led to numerous idols receiving scarred psyches, which Oda cared very little about. In Sasami and Aki's routes, Oda takes over the role of main antagonist, where he tries to usurp the role of CEO of his company through illegal means in order to continue his crimes and further his reach with his new position. In Sasami's route, he goes as far as to attempt to rape her, and in the bad endings of both routes, he would succeed and begin forcing the women under him through "inspection". Sleazy and despicable, Oda is a chilling reflection of how horrible a human being can be in the idol industry.
- Haruka Enokida is an idol who will do whatever dirty deed to get to the top. Cruel and sadistic, Haruka wears the mask of a sweet girl before striking. Luring other girls into her posse, she uses them to bully and humiliate her competition to permanently scare them from the industry, like stripping Mariya naked with scissors and suffocating her with a bag of feces when she was in Quasar or belittling Kana into a mental breakdown. At Aki's and Sasami's route, she shows the full extent of cruelty by attempting to run over Kamijou after her sex scandal was exposed and was fired in Aki's route, and in Sasami's route she assists Kenjiro Oda in his hostile takeover of Quasar. While letting Oda assault Sasami, Haruka goes on to rape her two group mates, Kaori and Stella, cutting them, taking snuff photos and brutally violating them with a dildo, and using it as blackmail to force them to leave the industry, with the intent of doing this to future competitors. Ruthless to the core, Haruka will stop at nothing, even rape and murder, to be the top idol.
- Spirit Hunter series:
- Death Mark:
- Mary is responsible for all the horrors that occurred in the game. A diabolical doll born from the curse and the hatred of the curse's victims, Mary was given sapience and dark power, which she use to create the Kannon Soldier to sate her bloodlust. She was sealed away by the Kujou family, but reawakened after Masamune Kujou released the seal when it weakened. Regaining her power slowly, she marked the area around her as cursed land, where anyone who died there were transformed into monsters who instinctively kill innocents, with the purpose of spreading fear. After fully regaining her power, she murders Saya Kujou at her home, and cursed her brother Masamune with the Death Mark with the purpose of extracting fear from him. Giving the ghosts she created the power of the Death Mark, she tricks Masamune into helping other mark bearers as a way to bring them to the brink of death to take their despair and to spread further dread in the city. After Masamune realizes that Mary was responsible, she explains her sadistic lust and transforms into a horrific monster before trying to kill him.
- The principal of H Elementary is the depraved man behind Hanahiko's horrific past. Renowned and respected by the public, the principal is secretly a pedophile who abuses his adopted son for the latter's feminine practices in public, damaging his reputation. Taking him to a hidden room inside the school late at night, the principal would have his way with his son for his own satisfaction. This happened for years, slowly worsening his son's health before succumbing. Even among the vengeful spirits, the principal stands out as being a truly evil monster.
- NG: Kakuya is the malevolent spirit behind the bloody events of the story. A dangerous spirit who was sealed away by the Miroku family to prevent her from running rampant and unleashing her curse, Kakuya broke free and murdered the last remaining Miroku before haunting random people to play the Kakuya Game, an unbeatable game where her victims end up horribly murdered or insane by her or the spirits she sends them to hunt, for the sake of fun. One day, gaining an obsession with Akira unknowingly because he's a Miroku, she decides to force him to play her game by holding his beloved cousin hostage and intervening multiple times to hinder him, in one instance placing one of his allies into a coma. Wanting to have Akira for herself, Kakuya uses Ami as a vessel and cursed her mother so she, as Ami, would be Akira's only remaining family. When Akira found out her trick, Kakuya kidnap him, taking him to her own world where she tried to Mind Rape and brainwash him into loving her, raping him if he fails to break free. When Akira resist and rejects her, Kakuya tried to kill him and Ami in her fury. A spirit that only cares about her own fun, Kakuya treats human lives as toys, destroying and playing around like a child for her own amusement.
- Tokyo Dark: Eiichi Higashi was the man directly responsible for turning Reina into the Big Bad. As the president of the sketchy talent agency Omega, Higashi had numerous young girls taken from the streets to be pimped out, sold, and exploited by himself and his clients. One of these girls was Reina, who had an innate talent as singer, and good looks, which he abused by trying to manipulate her and force her to do dirty deeds for potential associates. Whenever Reina resisted or had an emotional breakdown, Higashi would worsen his abuse, yelling and beating her down. This eventually drove Reina to suicide, which he tried to take advantage of for publicity. By the time Reina's spirit came back and killed him, Higashi had done this to dozens of other girls. Higashi may have been a mere human, but he was far viler than any supernatural horror.
- When They Cry franchise:
- Higurashi ("Cicadas"):
- The unnamed "Staff Leader" of the orphanage the young Miyo Takano was sent to is an ill-tempered authoritarian who punishes a boy for spilling his pen's ink by making him ingest it. When Takano and her friends make an escape attempt from his cruel establishment, he has her friend and the ringleader, Eriko, sent to the chicken coop to be pecked to death. Takano herself doesn't fare much better, as the head forces her to clean a filthy outhouse with her tongue. Though merely a flashback character, it was the orphanage head's horrific cruelties that broke Takano into becoming the psychotic, villainous woman she is now.
- Nomura, the Greater-Scope Villain of the series, is a representative of the secret organization Tokyo, and sought to topple the Old Koizumi faction. A skilled manipulator, Nomura tricks a despondent Miyo Takano into aiding her with her goals, claiming that she'd back her research in return. Working behind the scenes, Nomura masterminds the Great Hinamizawa Disaster, a catastrophic event in which a special forces unit is deceived into massacring over 2,000 people via improvised gas chambers. She then creates a cover up story, citing that sulfide gas spread throughout the town, killing everyone. Viewing Takano as only a tool, she attempts to dispose of her as to sever any loose ends, and ultimately leaves her to take all of the blame.
- Umineko ("Seagulls"): Bernkastel, the Witch of Miracles, reveals herself as a cruel sadist over the course of the story. Embracing her role as Big Bad in the fourth arc, Bernkastel set up Ange Ushiriyoma to have a hell of a life in order to manipulate her as a pawn later on before deciding Ange is of no further use and leaving her to turn into shredded meat. In the "game" on Rokkenjima island, Bernkastel introduces a pawn named Erika Furudo to mentally torment the mentally fragile Natsuhi by accusing her of being the murderer. She helps the elimination of the Golden Witch Beatrice to seize control of the game and cement the protagonist, Battler, in a forced role of villain. Bernkastel's only real pleasure in life remains the suffering of others, and it's something she creates with endless amusement.