open/close all folders
- Timmy pretending to blast his older brother with arm cannons will give you a chuckle. Especially when there is an actual explosion heard right after, making him think for a split second he did it.
- Winston's Casual Danger Dialog:Winston: Heh. Enjoying the exhibit? (blocks several shots behind him) Alright, playtime's over. Get to cover!
- Tracer makes her first appearance by blitzing in right next to Widowmaker, a cheeky grin on her face. "Psst! Wotcha lookin' at?"
- The security guard playing Hearthstone on an iPad-like device while the battle rages on the screens behind him.
- After punching Widowmaker across the room, the gauntlet breaks. Brian's reaction is hilarious.
- Brian rather sheepishly handing the broken gauntlet over to Tracer.
- Timmy's reaction in the end:"YEAH!! That was AWESOME!"
We Are Overwatch
- A Balkava-clad man is shown smiling with a gold tooth in his mouth as he fires his gun. When the scene quickly moves to show Soldier 76 introducing himself to the man Rifle-butt first, you see the gold tooth flying into the shot.
- A lot of people laughed when Pharah said in her character trailer "I will protect the innocent", only to immediately destroy what looked like people's shops full of pots with her rocket launcher in the Temple of Anubis map. People immediately started comparing her to another certain destroyer of pots.
- In Ashe's overview, McCree starts to step out saying his catchphrase, only for Ashe to deck him across the face, sending him comically reeling in slow motion.
- Athena mentioning Winston's heart-rate like she were a wife nagging her aging husband to watch his cholesterol.
- Winston manages to grab a pair of reinforced taser wires still held by a pair of Talon mooks. One of them demonstrates a little more intelligence than his partner and drops the rifle the cable is still attached to. The other is promptly thrown across the room. Funny. Athena pausing mid-sentence as the mook crashes through the control room window? Even funnier. Reaper's expression that's somehow readable through his fixed mask? Hilarious.
- After crashing through the window, a large book falls off a desk and onto the mook's head.
- And the reason Winston was able to even do that? One of the mooks slipped on the Banana Peel he had distracted them with less than a minute prior. This might be a little funnier than intended (though not necessarily bad) when you realize that this was what allowed Winston to defeat the Talon forces, and then reinstate Overwatch. In other words, Talon's failure and Overwatch's return can all be traced back to the one Talon guard who slipped on a banana peel.
- This picture◊, while Heartwarming, also shows that Reaper was already edgy when he was still Gabriel Reyes.
Are You With Us?
- Winston's numerous failed attempts at recording a message to rally the former agents of Overwatch back to action. It takes him from morning to nighttime to get it right.
- There's a blink and you'll miss it moment at the beginning that has an early version of his speech, where the second paragraph devolves into him nitpicking his character flaws.
- As Hanzo begins his attack, a mook of the Shimada Clan makes a grab for his phone. Unfortunately, in his panic he ends up juggling it, giving Hanzo just enough time to put an arrow through the phone just as the call is about to go through. This makes the luckless security guard overbalance right into an enormous bell. (This is the page image)
- There's just something funny about the way Genji dodges Hanzo's first arrow by simply leaning backwards.
- The skull tattoos the thugs wear are unsettling. Until the light goes out and you see that they glow in the dark, with colors including green and pink.
- The moment when the minigun-wielding mook first notices Soldier: 76. Is 76 growling at him?
- While it's ultimately an unsettling moment, there's something darkly humorous and deliciously ironic about Soldier: 76 beating a thug's head in with a Diablo-themed piñata.
The Last Bastion
- As Bastion readjusts to the world around him, he sees a caterpillar. When Ganymede returns to the screen, it promptly lunges for the caterpillar right when it goes offscreen. Bastion is a bit taken aback.
- Reaper tries to get through a door with Sombra's help.Reaper: The door.
[The door opens and Reaper starts walking through, when the door shuts again]
Reaper: [irritated] Sombra...!
Sombra: [mischievous chuckle]
- And then she opens it again—but only a little bit, forcing Reaper to wraith-form his way through.
- Even better is his exasperated tone which suggest this isn't the first time she's done something like this. And it is hilarious if you consider that Sombra's constantly messing with death incarnate himself.
- During Reaper's attack in the facility, he points his shotgun at the technician Katya was talking to. He doesn't even need to fire as the technician's surprised reaction has him running headfirst into a mech's arm cannon. At the very end of the trailer, the technician is seen standing next to Zarya, looking dazed and wearing a bandage around his head.
- Many fans found the part where Widowmaker just missed killing Katya hilarious because it brought to mind Totalspiffage's reading of the "I fired, and I missed" joke in a Widowmaker impression.
- The two guards' Too Dumb to Live moment when they react to what they think is a bomb (Sombra's Translocater). They laugh it off when nothing happens, completely forgetting Sombra's presence as she mows them down.
- Sombra is trying to reassure Chairman Katya that she isn't there to kill her, but has to do an awkward little hop step over one of the dead guards.
Orisa Origin Story
- At one point, Efi is saying that Orisa has a lot to learn. This is accompied by a shot of Orisa physically stopping a car with her hand in order to help an old lady cross the road, wrecking the car in the process, with Efi running up behind waving her arms.
Doomfist Origin Story
- Doomfist's trailer is devoid of humor except for one particular moment. When he broke out of prison, he did so literally by punching his way out of his cell with his bare hands.
Junkertown: The Plan
- Pretty much the entire short is one giant CMOF, being an Affectionate Parody of old Saturday morning gag-cartoons, but special mention goes to a few specific moments:
- After getting booted out of Junkertown:Junkrat: I don't think they're gonna let us back in!
Junkertown Guard: NOPE!
- When Junkrat tells Roadhog "there's twwwwwoooooooooooooo things that solve every problem," he visibly holds up three fingers.
- The credits are presented in the style of Cowboy Bebop for no apparent reason, with Junkrat making random noises to the music.
- Junkrat's ridiculously overcomplicated plan to get revenge on the queen of Junkertown for kicking them out, which involves getting a crapload of gold and money (plus a Pachi doll wearing a crown) from a "worldwide heist spree", loading it onto a cart rigged with explosives, lighting the fuse to said explosives, donning "inconspicuous" disguisesnote , pushing the cart through Junkertown to the queen's palace, unmasking themselves, grabbing the gold off of the cart, and running like hell out of town. Of special note is that those last two steps weren't in the original plan - Junkrat was literally planning on blowing up both the gold and themselves before Roadhog intervened.
- Even better is that, after adding each of those two last steps, Junkrat goes through the entire plan all over again, talking even faster each time to the point where he's barely even intelligible.
- And on top of that is the fact that Roadhog isn't even objecting to the plan at all. His first objection is that Junkrat's plan would get them killed and his second objection is that the revised plan has them getting away without any of the money they just went on a worldwide crime spree for.
- In the shot of Junkrat and Roadhog getting away with the cash, the Pachimari doll has a very clear Oh, Crap! expression on its face.
- Additionally, all those steps are in order, which means that the fuse to the explosives would be slowly burning down through the entire thing.
- Also, just the implication that Junkrat and Roadhog's worldwide crime spree, which includes robbing the Bank of Dorado, the Arcade in Hanamura, and stealing the Crown Jewels in London, was all just to make a gold- and explosives-filled Trojan Horse to get back at the Queen of Junkertown.
- The icing on the cake is what ruins the plan in the end; after pretty much blaming Roadhog for all of the duo's past failures, Junkrat knocks on the gate to Junkertown, and upon being asked by the guard who's at the gate, rips off his disguise and triumphantly announces that it's Junkrat and Roadhog. Cue Junkrat immediately clamping his hands over his mouth while three successively thicker gates slam shut over the original one. At this point, Roadhog, who hasn't uttered a word throughout the whole short, finally breaks his silence.Roadhog: [sigh] Idiot.
- When Roadhog finally lets him light the fuse on his trap payload, Junkrat practically has an orgasm right then and there.
- When they do start the plan, Junkrat goes to do his sitting emote on the front of the payload, but slips off.
- The whole thing ends with Junkrat singing the Overwatch fanfare.
- Nobody extinguishes the fuse when the animation ends. And right before the Overwatch logo pops up, a massive explosion can be heard...
- After getting booted out of Junkertown:
Rise and Shine
- As Mei is recording her vlog, you can hear one of her colleagues telling Snowball to bring his socks back.
- Snowball apparently being terrified of hair dryers.
- Someone left a game of virtual table tennis on pause... for nine years.
- While things go south almost immediately afterwards, when Mei successfully tests the freezing chemicals of her Endothermic Blaster for the first time, Snowball excitedly flashes a hand symbol on his screen, and the two high-five. The instant they do, the music abruptly cuts off as the power in the base finally goes out.
- The odd hilarity of the original Freeze Gun. Constructed out of a hairdryer, a can of whipped cream and other misc junk.
Honor and Glory
- We finally get to see Reinhardt in his prime, and his hair is in fact every bit as glorious as he and the posters implied.
- Turns out that in his younger years, Reinhardt was a terrible Reinhardt player.Balderich: Get back and protect your team!
Reinhardt: Ah, they're just slowing me down! Besides, they're fine!
(Cut to two soldiers cowering behind a wall, gunfire whizzing above their heads)
Soldier: Where is Reinhardt!?
- When the first OR-14 omnic appears...Soldier: What is that?
Reinhardt: That... is MINE! (charges at the OR-14)
Balderich: Damn it, Reinhardt!
- This did not go unnoticed by various commentators on YouTube who were quick to point out that despite being a very action packed and ultimately tragic story, Honor and Glory can be ultimately summed up as a Pro Reinhardt teaching a Noob Reinhardt how to do the job right with fatal results.
Trace & Bake
- Since it's a lighthearted stop-motion video celebrating the game's second anniversary, the whole short is honestly a CMOF.
- Reaper's behavior in this short makes him look more like a Grumpy Bear than an Ax-Crazy villain. His response to Tracer bugging him was just to shout "Leave Me Alone!", acting like he was an edgy teenager.
- Tracer was even able to take advantage of Reaper's anger by tricking him into using his shotguns to light the candles on Tracer's cake.Tracer: Happy anniversary, Overwatch!![beat]Reaper: Are you kidding me? [Drops his shotguns]
- In The Stinger, Reaper even admits the cake actually tastes pretty good. Which raises the question of how he was able to eat with his mask on.Reaper: [Samples the frosting] Mm! Not bad.Tracer: [Offscreen, Sing-song voice] I saaaw thaaat~!
- Tracer was even able to take advantage of Reaper's anger by tricking him into using his shotguns to light the candles on Tracer's cake.
- There's something inherently funny about how the D.Va we've all know, the very visible celebrity who appears in live streams, movies, and other forms of mass media who does selfies with a wink and peace sign when she has her MEKA self-destruct, is actually a far more reserved person in reality. Case in point: The news says she's celebrating her recent victory with glitz and glamor, eating the most finest foods and hanging out with other super stars, when in reality she's working on repairing her MEKA while having instant noodles, soda, and chips.
- Hana friendzoning her support.
- Take a close look at the screen displaying the current status of D.Vas MEKA squad - the damaged MEKAs repair progress are each marked by a respawn timer!
- Said support pops a soda can while talking to D.Va, and it promptly lights up and plays a little jingle, killing the emotional moment. What sells it is his expression of confused surprise at the whole thing.
- At the end of the vid, the news says that not only did D.Va defeat the surprise attack, she did so "without a scratch". Cut to Hana, where we see not only does she indeed have a scratch on her cheek, but her arm is in a sling, her right leg is patched up and her left is in a cast. It even has get-well wishes on it. Also, she's still working on her next MEKA despite the sling and cast.
- The start of the short before we're properly introduced to McCree, we see him sitting at the Route: 66 diner and having a slice of pie, briefly pausing when a bridge near it explodes and takes a train with it... then resumes once the dust settles. Then he proceeds to leave the dinner, leaving both the coffee and pie slice unfinished. McCree does mention in one of his map-specific lines that the coffee there always did taste like dirt...
- McCree freely admits being responsible for the Contrived Coincidence of him just happening to be there when Ashe's gang is pulling off a heist. The flirtatious tones they use with each other doesn't help how McCree's line comes off.Ashe: It's awful convenient you showing up today.McCree: Yeah, you never been one to shy away from a good tip.
- The sheer audacity of how completely and utterly straight the Showdown at High Noon between McCree and the Deadlock gang is played, from the angles, to the Ennio Morricone-soundalike ambience, to the tumbleweed, to the literal high noon clock signalling when everyone opens fire. It's astoundingly cheesy and totally awesome.
- Hell, one of the first things featured in the short is a clock showing that it's only minutes before High Noon.
- During the staredown, a bead of greenish oil "sweat" runs down B.O.B.'s forehead.
- One moment during the shootout is a mix of funny and awesome: McCree is taking cover behind a rock, the Omnic sniper is behind him lining up a shot, and McCree shoots him without even looking. The way he does it so casually is what makes it funny.
- Ashe is forced to take cover behind B.O.B. as McCree lays down a withering hail of gunfire. She angrily elbows B.O.B. and gives this helpful order:
- In response, B.O.B. tips his bowler hat and sprouts multiple machine guns from his wrists before forcing McCree back under cover.
- What's especially funny is that Ashe's callout became her ultimate voice line. Not just the wording; the exact recording used for the short was recycled in-game as a placeholder during prototyping, but the devs loved it so much that it stuck.
- When Ashe told McCree to 'toss out his weapon,' she didn't say which weapon. Cue her Oh, Crap! face as McCree tosses out a bandolier with grenades from cover, and then shoot all the grenades to detonate them.
- After successfully outgunning the gang, McCree simply ties them to their payload and sends them on their way while keeping the crate they were after for himself. During all of this, Ashe is screaming angrily at him as he fails to give her any notice.Ashe: I will not be ignored! I'm gonna rebuild B.O.B and I'm gonna have him rip off your other arm! McCreeeeeeee!
- Just before McCree leaves on Ashe's bike.McCree: Say "hi" to the monkey for me.Echo: Monkey?McCree: (chuckles) Scientist. Whatever.
- A brief 'after credits' style extra was also shown, with Ashe sitting on the side of the payload talking to B.O.B, and venting about McCree. Her mood isn't helped when he rides past on her bike. She takes out her frustration on B.O.B., knocking his cute little hat off his disembodied head.
- The fact that the payload scoots along on its own... because Ashe's entire team is on it.
- Almost everything McCree says are stock movie phrases... Man's a Spaghetti Western cliche on two legs.
- Following in the wake of "Trace & Bake", we have another fun stop-motion short starring Tracer and Reaper, this time to celebrate the holiday season. The premise of this one? Reaper's trying to steal Santa's cookies. The mere notion that the ultimate edgelord has been reduced to the status of cookie thief is hilarious in and of itself. He even gives his characteristic Evil Laugh as he prepares to nab the treats.
- This exchange, notable for how uncharacteristically whiny it makes Reaper sound:Tracer: Cookies are for Santa, love!
Reaper: Santa never came to my house.
- Immediately after which Reaper pulls one of his shotguns on Tracer, who blinks away while remarking "No wonder!"
- Reaper casually clotheslining Tracer with a candy cane and stealing the cookies. Tracer promptly Recalls and steals them back.
- Reaper and Tracer get a new friend for Christmas, who comes in the only way he knows how. Unfortunately, he ends up destroying the cookie that Reaper was going to eat.Doomfist: Now where's my hero's welcome?
- In The Stinger, it turns out Santa left Reaper, Tracer, and Doomfist gifts; Reaper finally gets a cookie and happily begins devouring it (once again raising the question of how he can eat through his mask), while Doomfist and Tracer get identical Homemade Sweaters From Hell - except they apparently got each other's gifts, as Tracer's sweater is larger than her entire body, while Doomfist's sweater wouldn't even cover his forearm.
- One team, during the beta, decided to play Lúcio. As in, a whole team of Lúcios. The results were hilariously awesome.
- Getting hooked by Roadhog while launching Junkrat's ultimate can have some...interesting effects.
- A few Roadhogs have found out the hard way the hazard of hooking D.Va, realizing too late that she had activated her ult, and they had dragged it to point blank range. In the same vein, he can hook Junkrat's RIP-Tire for similar effect. While he can destroy safely afterwards, that's assuming Junkrat doesn't capitalize on the hook and blow it up before it happens.
- Even more funny are when Roadhogs showed D.Va the meaning of Git Gud as they chain her towards her ult, especially since said Roadhog is safe from her Ult and she isn't. After a patch, though, D.Va is now immune to her own ult.
- As Muselk's video demonstrates, it is entirely possible for a Roadhog who has been blown back by another Roadhog to hook his attacker and then let the momentum carry both over large distances. Resulting in very funny Taking You with Me moments if blown over a cliff.
- D.Va is a professional gamer. Who has the Blizzard logo stamped on her right leg... Because she's a professional Starcraft player!
- Her Ultimate one liner? "Nerf this!" Basically her whole character is a lampshade of various gaming terms wrapped up in a teenage Mini-Mecha pilot. Became Hilarious in Hindsight when Blizzard did the opposite of nerfing it in an update patchnote . And then she would get an actual nerf as part of the Year of the Rooster update.
- And the Mecha is pink.
- Her pistol is also pink, and has a little accessory dangling off of the side of it like some sort of fashionable keychain or a flip phone decoration.
- Going back to her Mecha, You can survive the Ultimate by standing behind a pillar, a car... or behind a small parking meter.
- According to D. Va's bio, she effectively turned her work fighting against massive life threatening enemies to her nation into a Let's Play.
- D.Va's Defense Matrix can block a large variety of projectiles, including Ultimates that rely on projectiles that fly out and then activate their effects, such as Zarya's, Mei's, and Hanzo's. Imagine hearing "Ryuu ga waga teki wo KURAU!" and then...nothing. No wall-piercing dragons of doom, thanks to D.Va's mech casually eating the arrow for breakfast. The update adding D.va also gave her some unique voicelines for doing this:Blocking a Roadhog ult: I think this pig is a little undercooked!Blocking a Pharah ult: Good thing I brought an umbrella!Blocking a Soldier 76 ult: No hacks for you!Blocking a McCree ult: I think your clock's off!Blocking other ults: Denied!
- Added with the Anniversary update, when D.Va captures a flag, she sings out the 4-note jingle that indicates so. "Da da Da DA!"
- D.Va's "Cruiser" makes her MEKA look like a 50's Buick. She's dressed up as a teenybopper herself. She gets many new voice lines or her speaking in vintage slang, such as "Hey, Daddy-o!" and "Get bent!"
- If there are two D.Vas on your team, she can have a Fourth-Wall Breaking conversation with herself:D.Va: It's me! Someone must be hacking.Other D.Va: I hope we don't get banned for this.
- Reaper as a whole is a bit of a weird experience, in that while he's undeniably badass and the story almost always plays him for terror, there has to be something said about playing a character who looks like he was designed by a really edgy kid from the 90's. The fact that he even acts like a trying-desperately-hard-to-be-cool OC really doesn't help — or perhaps it does, and he becomes a very tongue-and-cheek comically serious villain as a result.
- For starters, everything he says is done in a threateningly growly voice. It's amusing enough when he says his over-the-top one-liners, but it also manages to make the simple act of saying "Hi" or "Thanks" hilarious.
- How does Reaper reload his shotguns? He doesn't. He just tosses them aside and pulls out a pair of fresh ones from his coat. McCree even lampshades this in one of his pre-battle lines:McCree: You weren't given those guns to toss 'em away like trash.
Reaper: I don't take lessons from you.
- Sometimes if Tracer kills Reaper, she'll hilariously imitate one of his catchphrases in a mockingly gravely and raspy voice.Tracer: DEATH COMES!
Widowmaker: Death becomes you.
- Same with Widowmaker. Only without the voice.
- Reaper's Shadow Step is not meant to be used for direct engagement due to its long channel time, and is instead meant for flanking purposes or reaching normally inaccessible areas during a quiet moment. Failure in finding a right time and place to teleport might result in this magnificent type of un-success.
- Sometimes players using Reaper who are feeling particularly edgy before a match starts will use the "slice" emote at the spawn entrance in front of another player. What they tend to not realize is that using the "slice" emote too close to the spawn barrier actually makes your head vulnerable to being shot before the game even begins. The results are gut-bustingly hilarious.
- When Orisa was first introduced, many players assumed she was mainly going to be a straight-faced, stalwart and badass protector befitting her role. While she certainly does fill those qualifications, just about everybody was surprised to find out how much of an Adorkable side there was to her as well.
- Orisa has an unusual eye design in that her eyelids can separate into quarters. While by default she's left with a horizontal squint, sometimes turning into an imposing cross-shape design, other times they change into what are best described as >_<◊ and ^_^◊ expressions. When she gets hurt, ocassionally she'll also switch to X_X.
- Her "Halt!" emote has her signal someone to stop with creepy red eyes... which then change to green as she then signals for them to pass over like a pedestrian crossing guard.
- Her "Oh!" highlight intro has her firing off to the side like a badass... before noticing the camera, giving a small wave back while making her aforementioned ^_^ face. The "Retribution" Archives event introduced an "Immovable" highlight intro, which demonstrates what happens if a Reinhardt charges a fortified Orisa, from Reinhardt's POV. His knockout prompts Orisa to flash her ^_^ face as he's lying on the ground.
- A minor design tidbit that's equal parts adorably funny and heartwarming is that in her default design, she possesses large green horns. The same green horns can be found on her creator, Efi, albeit as much smaller earrings.
- Datamined voice lines from the Uprising patch reveal that she borrows lines from Mercy and Reinhardt, including his "CATCH PHRASE." Another line has her searching her files and is shocked at what she finds.Scanning files... combat diagnostics... important cat photos... Wait, EFI!
- Pharah being Killed Mid-Sentence in her ultimate was hilarious enough of its own, but Blizzard, catching onto it, ascended the meme so that if she dies using Barrage, her death scream is included in the global voice over that alerts players to an ult's interruption. This can happen to anything else said over the radio.
- Similarly, if an ally is in the middle of radioing you some important information (such as turrets, teleporters, or snipers) and they activate their Ultimate, they'll interrupt themselves with their friendly Ultimate one-liner. For example:Genji: The payload is stopped. And here I thought THE DRAGON BECOMES ME!
Hanzo: They are taking the objective, let the dragon consume you!
Lúcio: Party on the objective! AWW, LET'S BREAK IT DOWN!!
Mei: They are taking our point! Everyone, freeze! Don't move!
Zenyatta: Our point will soon experience tranqulity.
Winston: You know what they say: ROOOAAAAARRRRR!!
Soldier: 76: Back in my day, we'd have this Tactical Visor activated!
Junkrat: Someone better get a firey, 'cause FIRE IN THE HOLE!!
- A few of the highlight intros are gold;
- One of Junkrat's has him fire a grenade at the camera, only for it to immediately bounce off and hit him in the groin. Fittingly, it's titled "Unfortunate".
- A Reinhardt one has him throwing out his back while flexing.
- A Torbjörn one has him riding one of his turrets like it's a mechanical bull, with a big smile on his face.
- Another for Torbjörn has him drinking some of the molten metal that powers his gun, and belching flames afterwards.
- One of Tracer's has her standing in a hands on hips pose with a super-serious expression only to break out laughing because she can't hold it.
- Two for Mei: one has her accidentally creating an ice-wall underneath her, and another has her wiping frost off of the screen to show her face, then drawing a little smiley face in the upper corner of the screen.
- One for Symmetra has her posing in front of the camera which tilts, causing her to straighten it with a frown.
- The very concept of Sombra's "Hacking" intro can be best described as "Oh look, another Bastion Play of the-PSYCH! It's Sombra." It's entirely possible for said highlight intro to use another Sombra's "Hacking" highlight intro as the setup. It's rare, but absolutely hilarious.
- When Torbjörn gets play of the game, the camera focuses on him rather than his turret, allowing Torbjörn to be somewhere else while the turret gets kills. The results....see for yourself:
- Torbjörn runs out of spawn: video
- Another has his turret getting the play of the game, meanwhile the replay itself involved him trying to look up the skirt of one of Widowmaker's legendary skins, as seen here.
- Torbjörn dies: Video. Also a Carbot Animation version
- The same thing can happen with Symmetra and her turrets: watch and be amazed, as Symmetra dies and falls out of the world map, in a perfect cartwheel that the perfectionist Symmetra would consider it worth dying for.
- Some pre-battle lines certainly qualify:
- Torbjörn's agitated "No, no, no! N! O! NO!" response when he's in Numbani makes him look like a Racist Grandpa. Note
Zarya: I have my eye on you, Omnic.
- If he's fighting in Nepal, he describes the location as "[...]a culmination of a thousand of my worst nightmares! Are you kidding me!?" note
- Similarly in Nepal, Junkrat will state "Now this place? Makes me wanna be an atheist." Just imagine Junkrat dressing up in his Sunday best and going to Church every Sunday.
- When Michael Chu was asked about Junkrat's belief system, he replied "R'hllor."
- Zarya also harbors some anti-Omnic sentiment, which can lead to this dialogue if she's on a team with Zenyatta;
Zenyatta: And I will watch your back in turn.
- Something about the delivery in this exchange between Soldier: 76 and Reaper manages to be hilarious. Especially funny if you know Soldier 76's own backstory.Soldier: 76: ...Aren't you supposed to be dead?Reaper: Didn't take.
- Similarly, there's this interaction between 76 and Ana:Soldier: 76: Ana, we all thought you were dead. Why didn't you tell me?
Ana: You of all people are going to ask me that?
- If Ana is in the same team as Widowmaker, one of her quotes scores.Widowmaker: You were once a legend, but what are you now? Just a shell of a woman.
- Junkrat asks Tracer if he can examine her Pulse Bomb. Her reply?Tracer: Over my dead body!
- Roadhog when wearing the Mako or Sharkbait skins:Roadhog: Meehehe, arrrrr (beat) ...matey.
- Two interactions involving Reaper invoke Hypocritical Humor:
- Reaper and McCree mocking each other's outfits, with neither being particularly unjustified:
- Reaper mocking Winston, and him shooting back:
- Reinhardt is rather dismissive of techno music, and thinks that people should listen to the classics. Like the Hoff.Lúcio: I can't even take you seriously right now.
- Whenever Reinhardt shows his Hidden Depths:
- He loves his "amazing" hair from his younger days, as seen when Pharah mentions that she kept a poster of him when she was younger. Plus, since Uprising, we now have a spray of that poster, and yes, his hair was amazing.◊
- In Watchpoint: Gibraltar, he mentions that the place did wonders to his tan while he was stationed there.
- He'll ask D.Va if she can sign something "for a friend" if they're on the same team.
- Oasis (set in the Middle East) gives us this gem from Reinhardt:Reinhardt: (in a pained voice) I'm getting cooked alive in here! Ughhhhh...
- This conversation between Mei and McCree:Mei: Hey McCree, do you know what time it is?
McCree: Well I'd say it's about—Now I see what you're doin' there!
- Doomfist has one funny offer when it comes to Sombra's Trolling:Sombra: Isn't it a little embarrassing to get beaten up by a monkey?
Doomfist: Have you ever been hit by a giant, genetically engineered gorilla? I could arrange it for you...
- Doomfist telling McCree that Talon could help improve his wardrobe. This dialogue came out in the 2018 anniversary patch, where Doomfist also got his "Formal" skin.Doomfist: You know, McCree, the winning side would pay much better. Maybe buy yourself some real clothes.
McCree: My clothes? Have you seen some of the things Talon wears?
- This interaction can play in Hanamura's arcade:D.Va: Genji, I heard you used to have all the high scores here!
Genji: That's right! Wait... "used to"? Hey, where did they all go?!
- Junkrat isn't pleased to work with a "dime-a-dozen" bot. Orisa corrects him in that the amount Efi spent on her isn't a small amount.
- This interaction between the Junkers:
- Pharah hammers the point home of how primitive Torbjörn's technology is:Torbjörn: You know, Fareeha, I could take a look at fixing up your suit, if you'd like.
Pharah: And mess it up with a bunch of scrap metal bolted on the side? No thanks, I like it the way it is.
Pharah: Brigitte, I'd love it if you could take a look at my armor sometime!
- Hilarious in Hindsight after you see an interaction between Pharah and Brigitte, who gets the exact opposite feedback compared to her father.
Brigitte: It'll take some time to get familiar with the design, but if you don't mind, I'd love to!
- Junkrat admires the way Zarya fights omnics, and asks if she'd want to team up with him. Her reply?Zarya: Not if you were the last human on Earth.
- In one interaction, Lúcio asks Genji if he can hook up his lights to his music. Genji has two different responses to this; the first is a beleaguered "That is not what they are for." The second?Genji: (sighs) Just this one time.
- Torbjörn's agitated "No, no, no! N! O! NO!" response when he's in Numbani makes him look like a Racist Grandpa. Note
- When on Route 66, considered to be McCree's home map, observant players might notice all the clocks are frozen... at high noon.
- When D.Va was added to the game during the closed beta there was a bug that would sometimes cause the Play of the Game recap to feature the wrong portion of the match. For example, just sitting in a corner.
- Some of the voice lines can be humorous.
- One of Genji's removed voice lines shows that he still has a sense of humor.Genji: My name is... Green Cyborg Ninja Dude!explanation
- One of Genji's voice lines is simply "Kuso!" ("Shit!", which is a milder curse more on the level of "Damn!" in Japanese profanity). Cluster K-Bombs, anyone?
- One of Ana's unlockable lines is "everybody dies". Deeply amusing and ironic considering this is Ana we're talking about. Even more hilarious when you consider that her two former best friends, Reaper and Soldier: 76 also faked their death.
- One of Soldier: 76's unlockable voice lines invokes the stereotype of the property-defensive Grumpy Old Man:Soldier: 76: Young punks. Get off my lawn!
- Torbjörn's voice line "I'm giving it all I've got!" is hilarious if he's sitting down while his turret is doing all the work.
- Winston's "...excuse me" voice line has him burst out into laughter before cutting himself off and giving a deadpan "Excuse me."
- One of Zenyatta's unlockable voice lines is "Death is whimsical today". Some players realized that if you spam it you get the peaceful(ish) robot monk Zenyatta going "Death Death Death Death"...
- With the addition of the voice line wheel, players can cut off a voice line with another.Reinhardt: Respect your / 100% GERMAN / CATCH PHRASE!
Zenyatta: Do I think? / I think, therefore / I will NOT juggle.
Ana: Children, / you know nothing / everyone dies.
- Hanzo's "Sake!" voiceline can be used to cut off either other voice lines or regular gameplay quotes to make him look like an alcoholic turned Up to Eleven.Flow like SAKE!
See through the dragon's SAKE!
Step... into the SAKE!
With every death comes honor. With honor, SAKE!
I must reclaim my SAKE!
- Likewise, Reinhardt with "Beer!" And then you can have the two simply spam their lines at each other like they're arguing about the superior drink.Justice! Honor! Beer!
Bring me another Beer!
Back, and ready for more Beer!
100% German Beer!
Honor and Beer!
Respect your Beer!
- Interrupting monologue with voice lines in general:Mei: Our world is scary! / Our world is A-MEI-ZING!
Soldier: 76: We're all young punks. Get off my lawn!
Reinhardt: Ah, my friends! What's with all this smashing!
Lúcio: Party on the objective! Why are you so angry?
Hanzo: With every death you...are already dead.
Orisa: For your safety, no parking!
Genji: Our point is under attack! Kuso!
Winston: Once more no, I do not want a banana.
Roadhog: I'm a one-man push-off!
Zarya: Just like in training: get down, give me 20! / Enemy turret I will break you.
- Voice lines can also be used after dialogue to amusing effect:Reaper: Guess you're going back on my list, Ana.
Ana: What happened to you, Gabriel?
Reaper: I'm back in black.Reaper: Time to kill.
Lúcio: You gotta believe!
- One of Genji's removed voice lines shows that he still has a sense of humor.
- Zenyatta's "Taunt" emote has him Blowing a Raspberry. Yes, Zenyatta blows a raspberry. Another has him clapping with his ethereal arms... and then using one for a Fist Bump.
- Every hero has a quick melee attack, which, given how it's mostly used a Last Resort, has some amusing qualities.
- There has to be something said about a punch from Zarya or Winston dealing the same damage as a Pistol Whip from D.Va or Symmetra doing a measly shove...
- For most of the heroes, the quick melees are a swift punch or Pistol Whip. Zenyatta's, on the other hand, has him stick out his foot and kick his enemy in (usually) their face.
- There's also Doomfist. The wielder of a Power Fist that gives him Super Strength... quick melees with his left hand.
- Certain voice lines for quick melee eliminations hold more of an amused, "you can't be serious" tone than standard elimination lines:McCree: That'll learn ya!
Junkrat: Outta my face, ya drongo!
Mei: You were asking for it!
Widowmaker: (chuckle) Please...
Orisa: Fist bump!
Mercy: You might not want to tell your friends about that!
Zenyatta: A lesson in humility.
- The fact that Hollywood is a map in the first place is amusing, but it gets better when you realize the payload is a limo containing an Omnic director named Hal-Fred Glitchbot. He directs B Movies, yet thinks highly of himself and bosses around his bodyguards like he's on top of the cinema world. Most of his quotes are hilariously insulting or pretentious."Jesse McCree? That's a terrible name for a cowboy!"
"Hey, the county jail! My hairdresser should be in there. He oughta be locked up for how much he charges."note
"Exterior done, two men stare at each other down the main theater, he squints, six guns at the ready — 'Hell, it's high noon somewhere in the world.' Not bad, eh? Wrote it myself!"
"I can see the headlines now: Prominent Omnic film director found dead in own limo. Cause of death? Gross incompetence."
"Oh I can see the reviews! A visionary director, the likes of which has not been seen since the years of Ed Wood..."
"Look, if you see that Kaplan kid, tell him to stop joyriding in my golf kart, 'cause I know it was him!"note
- Perhaps one of the better details is that Hal-fred is taking a limo... to his trailer. Additionally, given the spawn placement, the defending team is apparently the film crew and cast of a movie, and will fight tooth and claw to stop him from returning to the studio.
- Another physical detail, if you look carefully on his limo's Vanity License Plate, it reads "IM RICH."
- The refreshments in the theater cost at least $100 each. Either that's some really good popcorn, Ridiculous Future Inflation, or theater management loves ripping off tourists. More hilariously, look at the drinks: They start at "Large" and top out at "Mega Large", which sounds a lot like how other countries view drink sizes in the United States. And whereas those (presumably fountain) drinks will run you $100-103 dollars, bottled water costs $600; that's right, not only is water is six times more expensive than soda, it's roughly as expensive as the console or PC you're playing the game on (not accounting for potential inflation).
- Occasionally, after seeing another player (be it friendly or enemy) get killed, Mercy will blurt out "Medic! Oh wait... that's me!"
- If you know what's going on on some of the maps, the team compositions can be unintentionally hilarious.
- For example, on King's Row, the objective for the attacking team is to deliver a bomb to the local Omnium (a factory for Omnics) to blow it up. You can have Zenyatta on the attacking team helping to blow up his own race, and you can have the Racist Grandpa Torbjörn help defend the Omnics that he hates. Gameplay and Story Segregation at its finest.
- Then there's the attacking side of the map Dorado, where such characters as Reinhardt (the noble would-be modern day knight), Mercy (a pacifist medic) and Mei (a scientist who wants to save the world from climate change) have evidently decided to rob a bank.
- If you look closely at the arcade cabinets in the first Hanamura attack-side spawn, you'll notice certain oddities, such as "Fighters of the Storm" and its sequel, respectively involving a fistfights between Tychus and Tyrael, and Kerrigan and Garrosh, "Super Siege Mode III," starring a Siege Tank, and "The Lost Vikings VI," aka the sixth version of that shooter you wasted all your time on in StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.
- Similarly in Hollywood, there's "Hero of My Storm", (which appears to have a literal storm involved) starring D.Va (credited under her real name, Hana Song). Another poster, "They Came from Beyond the Moon", lists opening day as Fall 10th.
- The "Beyond the Moon" spray features an Octopoid Alien with a probe declaring that "YOU HAVE BEEN PROBED."
- It has been demonstrated that some things like Junkrat's trap or Symmetra's turrets can be 'attached' to movable objects. Thus, you can mount the turret to one of the basketballs in the start of one map, then use in game physics to launch it around the map, and it still works. It turns out many abilities that require terrain to function will trigger on movable objects, meaning yes: it's entirely possible to do things like launch yourself in the air using Widowmaker's Grappling Hook and a smacked basketball, or if you want to get even more absurd, Zarya's Graviton Surge on a soccer ball.
- After a string of kills, Junkrat will occasionally hum the 1812 Overture. That is, the piece of music famous for having actual cannon blasts as part of the score.
- This Play of the Game, which apparently came about when the player watching it was disconnected, then later rejoined the game.
- If you know you have Play of the Game, you can't resist doing something silly during it.
- Dorado has bells in the attacking team's spawn that can be hit to make them go off. Many players will hit them repeatedly, especially the three right over the spawn exit. Genji can hit all three of them at once with his alt-fire (which launches a three-shuriken spread). And you can even play "Mary Had A Little Lamb" on them, or the Westminster Chimes, or part of the theme song from ''Futurama.
- If Mercy has the Devil or Imp skin equipped and she uses her ultimate, her teammates hear "HEROES NEVER DIE!...for a price."
- One of Winston's possible lines after his "Primal Rage" ultimate runs out is an amusingly sheepish, "I uh... appear to have lost control."
- If Reinhardt's Charge connects with an enemy, other players get to hear his target's helplessnote screamnote as they likely hurtle to their doom.
- Pharah makes a rather hilarious noise if she gets successfully pinned. You're almost never going to hear it since ideally she should be out of range, but what a sound it is when it happens.
- Sometimes if he misses and hits a wall or such, he comments that he's going to feel that in the morning.
- And then sometimes, if the Reinhardt isn't careful, he can end up missing a wall completely and send himself and his target flying off of a cliff to their doom. Even worse, if it's someone like D.Va or Genji, they can sometimes recover and get back to the map while Reinhardt dies!
- One of the best things that can happen is two Reinhardts charging into each other. The result is that they bowl each other over as if they had used Earthshatter on each other. Unfortunately, this also means anyone they had pinned in the travel will also die on impact.
- Datamined within the game's files is an unused line, supposedly to be triggered if he's to charge himself and an enemy off a cliff to their dooms. The line?
- Genji is technically killable when executing the Swift Strike, which is a high speed dash strike that can be aimed to the air. If you, as Genji, gets killed while doing so, he basically gets tossed a loooong way to death.
- If you're playing Torbjörn (who can't heal but can offer armor), allies will call out for armor instead of heals. One of Reinhardt's lines has him shouting "I need armor!" before he realizes what he's wearing and adds "Uh... more armor."
- If Soldier: 76 is on an attacking Payload team and the payload is stalled, he may drop the following line:Soldier: 76: Back In My Day, we'd have this payload delivered already!
- With the Uprising event brawl, many fans have taken notice that "in his day," the payload required 4 whole minutes just to charge up, and a few more minutes to actually escort it to its destination. It seems that not only is Soldier: 76 just being a Grumpy Old Man, but he's blatantly lying about it too.
- Becomes even funnier in the cases where he says this line immediately after the round starts. Apparently in his day, the payload would have delivered itself before his team even got there.
- If a defensive Tracer is near a payload and she blinks multiple times and then recalls herself, she may get stuck inside the payload. Hilarity Ensues when the attacking team gets confused as to why the payload didn't move and they didn't realize there's a Tracer inside the payload, as Muselk demonstrates on this video.
- Ana's Sleep Dart has some pretty funny properties to it:
- Those who get hit with the dart have all their audio slowed down and lower-pitched, and as a result, all enemies sound either like an evil Barry White or very drunk (pick one). This even extends to the in-game announcer!
- For whatever reason, an asleep player can still use voice lines and voice commands, with the same slurring effect. One way to interpret this is the afflicted target talking in their sleep.
- Any enemies moving or using abilities on land when hit will be instantly knocked out in place, helpful for saving yourself from an incoming threat in a pinch. However, if they're mid-air, it's all fair game, and they'll be sent flying, possibly to their death in a bottomless pit.
- Using it in D.Va's MEKA will put it to sleep, while D.Va herself is still awake. If you are playing as D.Va, you'll see her wriggle the control sticks in frustration as she tries to move again. Don't even get us started on a tranquilizer dart can affect machines...
- If she uses it to interrupt her daughter's ult:Pharah: JUSTICE RAINS FROM A—[sleep]
Ana: I think justice could use a little nap.
- It's also hilarious when used against McCree's High Noon - it's even in Ana's gameplay introduction trailer! They have differing opinions on what time it is...McCree: It's high no-[sleep]
Ana: Nap time~!
- A few fans datamined the files from the Public Test Region around Ana's initial announcement, and they contain quite a few unused lines from various existing heroes, some suggesting stealth interactions, some being based around holidays like Halloween and Christmas, to a few bizarrely revolving around basketball, namedropping actual NBA names. However, by far the funniest is when Reaper decides to quote sportscaster Chick Hearn in his deep, gravelly voice. Another voice line from Torbjörn seems to have ascended the "aardvark" meme.
- One of Ana's emotes is her putting a bag of tea into a cup. As in, she's doing a literal version of teabagging.
- Before the nerf, combining Ana's Nano Boost with Lúcio's Speedboost had some very interesting results like allowing Reaper move much faster than usual when using his Death Blossom, or Zenyatta "experiencing mobility".
- Ana Nano-Boosting a Hero who really isn't suited for the boost, such as most healers. Of course, this can actually work, leading to hilarious scenes of, say, Nano-Boosted Mercy destroying every enemy in sight and getting the Play of the Game as a result.
- Torbjörn's Forge Hammer is intended to be used to upgrade/repair turrets and very rarely as an alternative to a Quick Melee in a pinch. However, prior to it receiving damage nerfs, it actually dealt a considerable punch, worsened by Molten Core giving him a faster swing rate. This resulted in ridiculous scenarios of an angry, armored not-dwarf running around and utterly annihalating the enemy team with a hammer in a manner better than any Reinhardt could ever hope to achieve.Proogles: that's the wrong turret mate
- Thanks to a patch released in August, Trolls who decide to type "gg ez" in the text chat will have their messages automatically filtered and replaced. The replacement messages are delightfully hilarious.
- The various "sitting" emotes add a whole new level of...something...to the game.
- You may notice that D.Va's sitting emote (called Game On) is a legendary emote. That's because it's no ordinary sitting emote, it's basically the Gremlin D.Va fanon ascended, minus the Super-Deformed part, into the actual Overwatch canon itself! Here's a GIF of D.Va being a gremlin in the Hero Gallery.◊ Look closely at the brand name of the chips◊ that D.Va is eating on that emote. Yes, she got D.VAS, her own Doritos-style brand of chips for her to eat!
- It's left up to the imagination, but one must wonder what is going through Symmetra's head as she sits among her teammates before the battle. She doesn't just plop down on the floor, she summons a chair and sits down on it in the most classy manner.
- Reaper's sitting emote is titled "Take a Knee", like the other, more by-the-book characters such as Pharah. However, Reaper doesn't take a knee, he squats.
- Orisa's sitting emote has her warily circling around like a dog before sitting demurely with her hands folded on her forelegs.
- Junkrat takes the cake in that he doesn't actually sit; he does a full "Paint Me Like One Of Your French Girls"-pose. The best part is since it doesn't take up much vertical space, it can be used to hide yourself surprisingly well. Or even dodge overhead projectiles!
- Sigma uses his gravity powers to pull some rocks into a sort of floating recliner, which he kicks back on while idly tossing his Hyperspheres between his hands. (This one is also available as a victory pose.)
- In addition to sitting emotes, a laughing emote has also been added for every character (except Tracer, who already had a laughing emote beforehand, and Bastion, who only got the laughing one (and the sitting one he got later)). Most are pretty standard, but Genji's laughing emote is a typical hammy, anime, Evil Laugh, despite him not being remotely evil himself.
- McCree's laugh becomes rather amusing when you know that his pose at the end looks rather familiar...
- Zenyatta's laugh is appropriately named "tickled". Zenyatta, a robot that achieved transcendence, laughs, holding his stomach and kicking his feet, from being tickled.
- Normally, when Genji deflects an attack and it kills someone, he's credited with the kill, no matter who originally fired the attack. However, if he deflects one of Junkrat's Concussion Mines and then one of Junkrat's teammates is killed upon its detonation, Junkrat will be credited for the kill.
- If Bastion witnesses an ally getting a kill, it will sometimes do a wolf whistle. Depending on who got the kill, Bastion's show of affection could get really funny.
- The Total Mayhem Brawlnote is outright hilarious and chaotic. Every hero has a 150% ultimate charge rate, 200% health, and most important of all, only a 2-3 second cooldown for each of their abilities. Which means you can basically spam every single ability in your arsenal with ease and pop ultimates like pills. Expect overtimes to last at least 7 minutes or more, and good luck if you're on Attack mode, because capturing the objective or escorting the payload will be extremely difficult with all the campers. With the ability cooldowns in mind, almost every character has a downright game-breaking aspect, but some of the biggest offenders are Zarya, Mei, Ana, and Tracer, and for obvious reason.
- Zarya can put a barrier around herself and a teammate almost every second of the game, making her almost invincible to the enemy team. And if you're at the last stretch of a payload map and on the attacking team, you can basically stall your enemies by placing a Graviton Surge near their spawn. Chances are if you're playing as Zarya there's other Zaryas on your team, so you can stack those Graviton Surges to make sure no one gets to move.
- Mei is easily the most frequent Defense hero in Total Mayhem, since her strategy is broken down to 1. using her ice walls on the objective/payload, and 2. using Cyro-freeze to camp until her ultimate is ready, then 3. Blizzard. Unless you get frozen by ANOTHER Mei and thus can't move, you're guaranteed to win...
- Unless the server crashes from the Mei-hem. The server cannot handle Mei's reduced cooldowns, times twelve (that is, everyone on both teams is Mei) and will close down.
- Defending teams will usually switch to Mei in a panic if the payload is nearing the end, so it's common to claim that the attacking team has lost if the defending team does this, as it's basically a fact that the more Mei's the defense team has, the harder it is to win. One Mei is a nuisance. SIX Meis is an unrelenting pile of self-healing boulders.
- Ana used to be one of the most abused heroes in this mode thanks to her Sleep Dart. With the cooldown reduction, sleep duration was longer than the cooldown, meaning she potentially could keep an opponent permanently asleep. Blizzard ultimately had to issue a nerf exclusive to this mode and increase Sleep Dart cooldown, because multiple players reported they were asleep for so long they ended up getting kicked from the server for inactivity!
- Tracer can blink almost every second of the game and recall for half of that, so good luck trying to hit her. As Tracer yourself, you can camp on the point just by blinking erratically enough, and of course recalling when you ACTUALLY get hit.
- Other popular heroes in Total Mayhem include Pharah and Winston, who can stay in the air permanently (And even reach the top of some maps), Reaper since he can camp on the point due to his Wraith mode, and Lúcio, since he can keep doing his healing boost to make sure he stays alive, with Amp It Up making him and his team practically unkillable if he's not burst down.
- You can also expect to see friends that try to get all 6 people to go as one hero. As amusing as it is to see six-of-the-same-hero wins in No Limits, it's cranked Up to Eleven in Total Mayhem. Especially when they all stack their ults:FREEZE! DON'T MOVE!FREEZE! DON'T MOVE!FREEZE! DON'T MOVE!
- In the original 1v1/3v3 elimination modes (before they were replaced by Lockdown Elimination and Limited Duel), if the game goes on for too long, you'll get a warning saying the game will end in one minute and will automatically make everybody visible to each other to prevent them from hiding. However, if you're actually doing something like camping defensively, you might run into an awkward double-camping scenario like this.
- In modes where hero-stacking is permitted, Symmetra's Shield Generator shields stack. Six Symmetras with Shield Generators running results in a sextet of 650 HP pseudo-tanks. Additionally, they can all together put down THIRTY-SIX Sentry Turrets in total, resulting in some comedic overkills if they're all placed around one area and one enemy is unfortunate enough to walk into the ultimate "car wash".
- The Oasis map's most unique draw is the inclusion of jump pads, allowing heroes who normally can't be airborne a first-time, firsthand experience for some unique tactics. Naturally, players have gotten silly with their applications.
- Following the Oasis patch at the beginning of 2017, new pre-battle lines were added for a few heroes stating their new year resolutions, with standard things like Pharah planning to take some time off and Zarya planning to break her 512-kilogram deadlift record. Others include Soldier: 76 grumpily stating "I stopped making new year's resolutions a long time ago," Mei of all people saying she should work on her temper, and Reaper saying this, aptly summing up a lot of peoples' thoughts on 2016:Reaper: This wasn't a good year for you.
Reinhardt: My new year's resolution? Same as every other year! Fight for justice!
- Reinhardt's new year's resolution is also hilariously bombastic:
- The spawn ships in Ilios, Lijiang Tower, and Nepal all have basketballs and basketball hoops. Dropping a ball into the hoop triggers a fanfare, a recording of a crowd cheering, and confetti.
- There is more than one way to stun/immobilize a target. Stacking them all together can be the setup to something that redefines overkill.
- Due to the inherently random nature of Hanzo's Scatter Arrow ability, it can be entirely possible to kill someone using it by a complete fluke (which due to how difficult Hanzo is to play, is usually pretty common). It might be frustrating for its victims, but one can't deny the utterly ridiculous hilarity of its occasional results.
- The PTR in mid-late March added lore to the Hero Gallery, with a small bit of their bio on the main character screen, and a note on lore-related skins, i.e. Ana's Horus skin mentioning that "Horus" was her callsign in the Egyptian military. Soldier: 76 had one of his lore notes on the wrong skin, but if one interpreted that note to be canon and not an accident, then it would mean that Jack Morrison's attire during his leadership of Overwatch was actually his Daredevil: 76 outfit.
- The first attack-side spawn of the Horizon Lunar Colony has a telescope to Earth that can be interacted with. Most characters have a voice line while using it, with many of them marveling at Earth's beauty, but others give a more amusing reaction:
- The Ver. 1.12 patch that introduced the Horizon Lunar Colony map also introduced Low Gravity mode in the Arcade, and players could set gravity settings to almost nothing while ramping up projectile knockback to rediculous extremes. This results in funny moments such as Mei's ice wall launching corpses clean into orbit even faster than ever before.
- When Doomfist was added to the PTR, fans joked about the Gameplay and Story Segregation by playing a clip from the trailer where the younger brother stated that Doomfist could level a skyscraper but then immediately cut to a clip from gameplay where Doomfist would use his gauntlet to punch an object such as table but the glass cups would be undamaged.
- What happens when two charging Doomfists slam into each other? Both are anticlimactically knocked to the floor, with neither taking damage from the impact.
- Another Doomfist thing that can sometimes happen during a match is that if he manages to get a kill with his fist, it will sometimes result in the poor sap getting stuck in a crater in the wall, sometimes with the legs humorously spouting out.
- One of Sombra's lines for when the enemy is taking an objective is "They're taking the point. We should probably stop that."
- The very concept of Blizzard World as a map. A completely self-indulgent romp through Blizzard's history presented as a theme park that rivals Disney. It comes complete with its own themed locations, like the food stand Snaxxramus. a Nexus-themed arcade zone, and a lost and found themed after The Lost Vikings.
- The Lost Vikings reference◊ is even funnier when you notice that their poses are based off of the "Confused Travolta"◊ meme.
- Sombra may try to deny it, but there's no way she will get perfect 9999◊ above D.Va...
- To no one's surprise, poor Torbjörn is too short to get on the rides.
- Like Doomfist, Reinhardt, and Zarya, Brigitte has an Armwrestling spray connects with everyone else's. Sadly for her, she appears to be out of her weight class◊. Another one of her sprays shows Brigitte presumably training with her father, carrying him Yoda-style as she runs. The funny part? Torb is motivating her with a donut on the end of a fishing pole, and the poor girl seems to be very desperate to get it.
- Speaking of armwrestling sprays, Reinhardt and Doomfist's sprays can be arranged together in a way◊ that looks like Reinhardt is hugging Doomfist.
- Blizzard somehow managed to accidentally remove the last defending team's spawn point at Watchpoint: Gibraltar during March 24's PTR update. All Blizzard can say when news of that broke into r/Overwatch is "Whoops. Well fix this."
- After playing a few rounds on Rialto, a redditor noticed that the map's goal for the attacking team is to deliver something to Talon HQ (probably art from the museum, contrarily to what's in the thread), and that the defenders are apparently... Talon themselves, not wanting it enough to murder the delivery crew.
- The Busan map gives us the musical styling's of Reinhardt and Hammond.
- Ashe's Ultimate ability is to summon B.O.B. to assist her team. However, B.O.B. only sticks around for a limited amount of time. There's just something funny about him simply flying off into the distance when he expires.
- You can also say hi to him. And he'll wave back!
- During the event, one of the new weekly brawls was Lúcioball, a 3-on-3 Rocket League-like game where all players used the Lúcio character only. Then came a bug that randomly turned a Lúcio into the other characters. Cue hilarious reactions when characters like D. Va, Bastion or Soldier 76 were defeating the other team with ease.
- Speaking of Lucioball, during the event in 2019, sometimes the ball will squeak. Giving the hilarious implication that this time around, you're not playing with a regular ball. This year, you're tossing around Hammond!
- The Summer Games sprays are full of amusing moments, both subtle and overt:
- With every hero's Summer Games spray, they're usually seen wearing appropriate attire to their sport or at least a more casual version of their default outfits. Pharah, however, is the only real exception, as she wears her Raptora armor while playing basketball.◊ Followed up by her Summer Games 2017 Slam Dunk highlight intro, which has her perform a slam dunk while wearing whatever armor her current skin gives her and using her thrusters to make the jump.
- Roadhog gets one of himself diving, though really it's more of a belly flop. Also, he wears a Speedo.
- On the opposite end of the spectrum, the spray that ice-cold, emotionless, feared assassin Widowmaker gets is her doing...women's gymnastics.
- Reaper's spray shows him doing a Totally Radical stunt on a BMX bike...in full hood, mask, and bandoliers.
- McCree is showjumping on a horse, Wild-West style...because of course he is.
- If you look closely at the spray, you can see that he also has the absolute smuggest shit-faced grin and a cigar.
- Bastion is boxing. Funny enough as a Shout-Out to Rock-'Em Sock-'Em Robots, funnier when you question how a (former) Killer Robot is allowed to compete in the Olympics against humans.
- Continuing his ever-increasing Ascended Meme status as Team Dad, 76's spray is him playing golf.
- Junkrat is playing tennis...with one of his own grenades.
- Symmetra's spray seems to be visually lampshading her outfit's rather inapropriate Ms. Fanservice design: it shows her performing rhythmic gymnastics, with her leotard consisting of literally just her regular outfit with the skirt removed.
- Baptistes facial expression in his pole vault spray is... interesting, to say the least. He seems to be enjoying himself, though.
- Junkrat's Summer Games highlight intro has him trying to perform a shot put with one of his bombs and faceplanting, with the bomb landing right next to him. The intro ends with Junkrat noticing the bomb right before it goes off.
- Summer Games 2017 gave Soldier: 76 the "Grillmaster: 76" legendary skin. Among other things it turns his Biotic Field into a can of Diet Heal Up, with the following warnings printed on the back:To be used in emergency situations only.
Does not replace healthy lifestyle choices.
Prolonged use may give a false feel of confidence.
Dark beer flavour with strong aroma.
May contain traces of enemy tears.
- The voice lines for deploying it are suitably altered, replacing every mention of healing with refreshment. It comes out as awkward as you'd expect.Soldier: 76: Come here and get refreshed!
- As if the socks with sandals didn't make him dad enough, his weapon is called an "A-Salt Rifle".
- His "Tactical Visor activated!" voice line is replaced with, "Tactical Sunglasses activated!"
- The voice lines for deploying it are suitably altered, replacing every mention of healing with refreshment. It comes out as awkward as you'd expect.
- Reaper's "Biker" skin has "edge" written on it. Literally, among giving him badass BMX biker getup, alongside a still-evil-looking helmet and a Badass Cape with a huge skull symbol in place of his Badass Longcoat, the word "EDGE" is a logo on his thigh.
- Junkrat's "Cricket" skin has this single-sentence description, which gets even funnier when one considers how "The Ashes" trophy got its name. note
- McCree's "Lifeguard" skin is this. Not only is he shirtless and blonde with flip flops, swim trunks, and a towel over his shoulders, but the tumbleweed from Deadeye is replaced with a beach ball, and his ultimate voice line is, "It's high tide..." His revolver is also replaced with a flare gun called the "Desert Seagull".
- Orisa's "Goalkeeper" highlight intro has her playing goalie while using one of her barriers as a goalie net. After a ball beans her in the head, she goes red-eyed and uses her "Halt!" on every ball, sucking them up into one orb. Upon initial release, using Immortal Orisa (a skin where her eyes aren't supposed to be visible) had them render her red eyes' glow inside her face, making it look like she's actually blushing instead.
- Moira's "Serve" intro has her conjuring up a dark orb... and then serving it with a racket like a tennis shot.
- Mei has a new emote which has her playing ping pong with Snowball. As in, she has a paddle, but Snowball uses the entirety of his body to hit the ball. Snowball loses.
- The event brawl, "Junkenstein's Revenge", tasks the players as a Soldier, an Archer, a Gunslinger, and an Alchemisttnote with stopping the evil forces of Dr. Junkenstein (portrayed by Junkrat), his army of zombie Omnics (Zomnics, if you will), and his supernatural allies (Roadhog as Junkenstein's Monster, Mercy as the Witch, and Reaper as the Reaper). Old-fashioned visual effects from classic horror movies, narration by Reinhardt, and cheesy dialogue between the characters ensue. Even better, 76 describes the group. A soldier (76), an archer (Hanzo), an alchemist (Ana) and an oddity (McCree).
- There's a set of Halloween sprays that feature the cast as children enjoying the Holiday. With the notable exception of Ana (who is bonding with her daughter) and Soldier: 76 (who is a grumpy old man in a sweater). D.Va has made her MEKA out of cardboard boxes, Reaper's spinning around like he's trying to do the Death Blossom with his trick or treating haul, and McCree has a shit-eating smile on his face despite being no older than ten. The best one aside from 76, however, is Zenyatta, who is a human child wearing a bucket on his head.
- Mei's highlight intro, "Ice Scream", has her getting scared by Snowball (wearing a ghost robe) and then freezing herself... which causes her to fall down as Snowball laughs.
- Reaper, being Reaper, got a very edgy highlight intro. It starts off with a coffin (shown in an Undertaker-like style), which then we hear two loud bangs from inside as Reaper kicks the door of the coffin. After the third kick, the door gets knocked partially off, with Reaper then aiming his shotguns at the screen. Complete with bats coming out from the coffin.
- During Halloween 2016, all heroes received a victory pose of them jutting out of a grave, with various thematic additions to them. It ranges from somber (Mei's unresponsive hand reaching towards Snowball), to badass (Soldier: 76 clutching his weapon) to... Absolutely ridiculous.
- Widowmaker's grave has her sticking both legs out as if someone with a sick sense of humor posed her that way.
- D.Va's grave marker has her usual decals plastered all over it as she delivers a final peace sign. Turning the grave around, possible only in the hero gallery, reveals three doritos propped up behind it.
- Junkrat's has his gear laid against it... while his peg leg juts out of the grave. It's not hard to imagine that dead or alive, he didn't stick the landing from a conc mine jump.
- Bastion's has its head poking out, as if to ask "How did I end up down here?"
- Ana's has her holding up a teacup. Turns out even the dead enjoy a spot of tea.
- Lúcio's has his hand holding his Sonic Amplifier... which is still playing music with a visible beat.
- Reaper is climbing out of his grave. It fits his edgy nature well.
- For Halloween 2017, certain heroes received victory poses involving jack-o-lanterns. Lúcio's in particular has him juggling the pumpkin as if it were a football.
- In the Junkenstein's Revenge gamemode, players can be caught in the intro of any of the bosses if they position themselves in the right place. Combined with good timing and the right motion, this can lead to some truly goofy results, so much so that annually, the Overwatch subreddit has an unofficial contest of finding the most hilarious photobomb they can. Even better? Provided you're quick/precise enough, it's possible to hit them during their introduction, which results in the boss exaggeratedly flinching in slow-motion. To top it off, they also react to crowd-control such as Ana's Sleep Dart, Reinhardt's Charge, or Doomfist's Rocket Punchnote , which also interrupts their introduction quote and knocks their camera out of position.
- Zarya's "Totally 80's" skin manages to take her infamous track record with gaudy skins and deliberately invokes it to hilarious effect, giving her some fabulous '80s Hair and garishly neon-colored workout clothes/armor, with the words "Lets get PHYSICAL" emblazoned on it.Jeff Kaplan: This skin is the single most polarizing piece of content we've ever made. Half our team loves it. Half our team hates it. We told the half that hates it that it's ok to be wrong every now and then.
- Bastion's "Zombie" emote has it shuffle along like its namesake. The image itself blurs between creepy and oddly adorable, but what makes it especially funny is that during the emote, Ganymede flops to the ground and follows suit with his own comical zombie walk.
- When the Gunslinger asks the Viking about how he lost his arm, the Viking responds that a dragon tore it right off. When asked about his eye, he says he lost in a Bar Brawl.
- In the main menu screen, look at the right-hand side of the screen, specifically on the door opening to the right of Tracer. You'll see McCree (in his Scrooge skin) outside the building, peeking inside the room, seemingly frozen on the cold winter weather of Kings Row.
- Widowmaker's Highlight Intro, "Under the Mistletoe", in which she holds a mistletoe above her head, leans toward the camera... and then punches it to the ground before putting her foot on the cameraman's throat. Even better, the mistletoe as a whole used to be symbolic of sudden death, so Widowmaker's reaction is still keeping in line with a tradition. Just not the one you're expecting.
- Who plays Santa? Why, none other than Torbjörn, of course!
- Each hero got a event-exclusive voice line, but unlike the Halloween event where they could be reasonably threatening, these are all mostly festive in spirit of the event. As such, you get hysterical line reads such as Reaper saying "Where's your holiday spirit?"
- Several heroes gain a "Toast" victory pose, holding up their cups for a toast (including Ana, who uses her own teacup). Reinhardt's stein, much like the man himself, is gigantic. Ana's teacup is also what Roadhog uses in his "Toast" victory pose.
- Zarya's "Mystery Gift" emote, where she pulls something out of a present box. There are three outcomes: a toy robot which she promptly crushes like so many other robots she's faced, a stuffed teddy which she hugs "like big fuzzy Siberian bear" and accidentally pops its head off, and another box... which inside contains another box. And another, and another. The best part? It loops infinitely.
- Mei's Snowball Offensive:
- The event brawl starts with Soldier: 76 doing a serious voice over about you being selected for this mission because you're the best... and prompty delivers a You Have GOT To Be Kidding Me when the camera pans out to Mei throwing a snowball. He then serves as the announcer for the fight, keeping his serious attitude.Soldier 76: We're all scientists now... Ugh.Soldier 76: Who authorized you to have fun out there? This isn't an exercise! This is war!
- Mei has numerous lines for reloading her snowball, always spoken in her always-optimistic and cheerful disposition. Most of them are cute, but there's one line..."Pat pat pat!"
"This is a good one!"
"I'm putting a rock in this one."
- She also gets a few lines mimicking some of the others:"Simple geometry!"
"Cheers love, Mei is here!"
"One shot, one kill."
- Due to the game mode being generally agreed as the most terrifyingly paranoia-inducing of them all, these lines seem to help exacerbate Mei's Memetic Psychopath status:"I'll fiiind yooooou!"
- The event brawl starts with Soldier: 76 doing a serious voice over about you being selected for this mission because you're the best... and prompty delivers a You Have GOT To Be Kidding Me when the camera pans out to Mei throwing a snowball. He then serves as the announcer for the fight, keeping his serious attitude.
- Both Junkrat and Roadhog each get a spray that are connected to one another. The sprays in question? The two of them sunbathing (with Junkrat having Christmas tree-shaped sunglasses and Roadhog having a wreath around his neck), fistbumping one another. They're both Australian, so of course Christmas time means summer for them. Carrying this joke into 2017, whereas Roadhog got an "Ice Fisherman" skin, complete with walrus motif and winter gear, Junkrat got a "Beachrat" skin where he looks ready to hit the sand, complete with swimming trunks, water wings, and instead of a RIP-Tire on his back, it's a rubber ducky lifesaver. It's still explosive.
- The Nutcracker Zenyatta skin. It changes Zenyatta into a wooden nutcracker, and changes all of his energy balls (including his transcendence shield) into walnuts.
- Perhaps even better, this is the only costume of his with something approximating an articulated face... And it serves only to articulate his exaggerated puppet-like jaw.
- Which means, if you spent the competitive points to acquire his golden weapon, Nutcracker Zenyatta is shooting people with his golden nuts.
- In a case of Promoted Fanboy, the winterized version of King's Row features a film poster with a human co-star who looks an awful lot like a well-known Overwatch fangirl by the name of Erin Fitzgerald!
- Reinhardt's spray just shows him grumpily hunched over an ice hole with a fishing rod. The companion piece spray is Pharah's version, where the context has become "Pharah catches all the fish and teases Reinhardt over catching no fish whatsoever, while he just stares into the distance in stone-faced frustration." And they even reference it in a conversation the following year.Pharah: Reinhardt, are we still on for ice fishing? You're not still sore about last year, are you?Reinhardt: Last year, heh! I'll show you! I'll catch twice as many as you this year!
- One of Reaper's two Winter sprays is a stocking with "REAPER" written on it and his mask design stitched on. It's filled with coal.
- In 2017, one of the possible main menu screens depicts Hanzo being pelted in the face by a snowball.
- In the winterized version of King's Row, the EMP bomb payload you're delivering to wipe out all the omnics residing under King's Row... has been replaced with a sleigh full of gifts. This opens up two possibilities: either the map scenario has been changed to the attackers attempting to deliver Christmas presents to the omnics and the defenders attempting to stop them, or the attackers decided to decorate their genocide bomb for the holidays.
Lunar New Year
- Junkrat gets two good ones with his YotR cosmetics:
- His "Dud" emote has him light a small firework, and he excitely waits for it to go off as he's holding it... only for it to not go off. He then proceeds to stick it in his face, where predictably, it explodes.
- His "Bad For Your Health" victory pose has him stand in a Captain Morgan Pose with a firecracker in his mouth resembling a cigar. A firecracker that's lit.
- Roadhog's gets a highlight intro, "Feast". The camera pans across several empty boxes of dumplings, and lands on Roadhog, laid out on the floor in a food coma.
- Tracer gets a highlight intro of her messing around with a lion parade costume. It's as hilarious as it is adorable.
- There was a visual bug at the launch of the event that caused Mei's "Chang'e" and "Luna" skins to make her butt look big, due to some faulty geometry mapping on her coat.
- Zenyatta's "Sanzang" skin has a mask with an I'm-about-to-kick-some-ass look that's so hilariously counter to his saintly disposition. His "Zhuge Liang" skin gives him a beard like he doesn't want to be left out of the beard party being thrown by Hanzo, Reinhardt and Torbjorn.
- McCree's highlight intro involves him flicking his cigar away onto a pile of fireworks, resulting in a big explosion. The funny part? This still works with his Lifeguard skin, wherein the cigar is replaced with a popsicle stick.
- Roadhog's emote, called "Secret Friend", involves him pulling out a pachimari plush and squeaking it, before quickly tucking it away.
- Soldier: 76 has an emote called "Rattle Drum" where he takes a drum out and rattles it about before looking around like "hope nobody saw that" before putting it away.
Archives (For the brawls that come with this event, see the respective categories below)
- D.Va gets a highlight intro, called "Selfie," of her mech self-destructing right as she takes a selfie.
- Torbjörn also has his own highlight intro, "My Baby", where he's looking through a photo album of him and his turretwhich, a blink-and-you'll-miss-it glance shows, includes a picture of said turret graduating from universitybefore he pulls said turret into a hug. Compounding the Freeze-Frame Bonus is that the turrets in each picture are visibly increasing in level - complete with the college graduate turret being a level 3.
- Orisa's highlight intro, "Immovable", has presumably Reinhardt charging at her until she activates her ''Fortify'', causing Reinhardt to fall over and Orisa to give him a smug smile.
- Mei's "Pajamei" skin has her wearing her pajamas, yeti slippers and bedhead and all.
- One of the event-exclusive highlight intros is Wrecking Ball's "Dramatic", which is based on the Dramatic Chipmunk meme, complete with musical sting. The "High Roller" skin adds the detail of his glasses slowly falling off.
- In this brawl, it turns out the Null Sector Omnics visibly flinch in confusion whenever Tracer blinks around them. It gets even funnier when you realize that it's precisely the reaction one might have after seeing someone using a previously-unheard-of chronal accelerator in action.
- Such as Ana asking Reinhardt to "not charge in on your own", as some Reinhardt players tend to do.Reinhardt: Wouldn't dream of it, captain.
Reinhardt: Wouldn't dream of it-HAARGH!
- Even better, due to the setup (the line plays as soon as the group exit the metro, as there are two robots a short distance away), it's highly likely that it'll play just as Reinhardt charges the two Omnics, with his battle cry overriding the scripted response.
- Reinhardt telling Tracer not to worry, and when she says she's NOT worried, he then tells that her shoe's untied.
- When Mercy tells the group to keep quiet so as to not attract unwanted attention from Null Sector, one of the possible responses can be from Reinhardt:
- Such as Ana asking Reinhardt to "not charge in on your own", as some Reinhardt players tend to do.
- Because Uprising's PvE mode has an All Heroes mode, hilarity is bound to ensue:
- All of the playable Omnics (Bastion, Orisa, and Zenyatta) in the game can fight against fellow Omnics. Just imagine the sight of Bastion, one of the Omnic units that used to (and still is) terrorized people during the Omnic Crisis, helping the humans defend King's Row from the extremist Omnics.
- And what's makes it even more hilarious is that Bastion is widely considered to be the best Hero to use in this mode because of its ridiculous damage output and self-healing abilities. Turns out, an Omnic is the best thing to use against an endless horde of Omnics, even fighting versions of itself at several points in the mode. And yes, that means this mode is ripe for even more Bastion Plays of the Game.
- For extra irony points, you can play the brawl as either Bastion or Orisa with their Null Sector skins equipped.
- Even better, you can use a villainous character to help Overwatch defend King's Row from the Null Sector Omnics. Especially if said villainous character is a member of Talon.
- Then there's the two youngest playable characters, D.Va and Orisa. D.Va was still a kid, and Orisa hasn't been created yet at the time Null Sector attacks King's Row.
- Not to mention the possibility of Morrison and Ana guiding their future counterparts in the Uprising. Or, with the appropriate skins, their current selves.
- All of the playable Omnics (Bastion, Orisa, and Zenyatta) in the game can fight against fellow Omnics. Just imagine the sight of Bastion, one of the Omnic units that used to (and still is) terrorized people during the Omnic Crisis, helping the humans defend King's Row from the extremist Omnics.
- In this brawl, all of the Reaper voice lines and emotes you have selected for him still work for Reyes, except they are all spoken with his past inflection.
- Most of the Retribution mission shouldn't leave a ton of room for humor due to the circumstances, but most everybody is able to have their moments of amusing banter. One exchange between Reyes and McCree as the team reaches the evac point:Blackwatch Pilot: Just entering Venice airspace. It shouldn't be much longer.
Reyes: If you're not coming soon, you may as well turn around.
McCree: Whoa, don't listen to him! We're getting out of here!
- Before they get there:
- Apparently, McCree went undercover as a waiter in preparation for the operation. And not only was his accent atrocious, but he managed to get fired from a cover job because a client was rude to him.Moira: We need to talk about your Italian accent.McCree: I watched a bunch of old Spaghetti Westerns. I thought it was pretty good. Bona sera, signora. Can I-a getchu-ah something to drink?Moira: Please never do that again.
- Earlier, Reyes quips about how the four of them should've just pretended to be a band instead.
- As the team approaches the extraction point, Reyes claims they should have smooth sailing from there. Cue the arrival of an enormous, dual-cannon wielding Heavy Assault minion.McCree: YOU JUST HAD TO SAY IT!
- There's also this back-and-forth after Reyes capriciously kills their capture target, and, a few seconds later, McCree confirms his next order less-than-enthusiastically.Reyes: There's that famous McCree attitude.
McCree: I'll try to adjust it for you. Wouldn't want to cause any problems.
- On the other end of the speaking spectrum in Genji.McCree: Good thing we got the ninja with us.
(Dead silence from Genji)
McCree: Good talk.
- As with Junkenstein's Revenge, Elite Mooks are first introduced with a quick in-game cutscene. And just like with Junkenstein's Revenge, provided you can get in the right position in time, it's possible to photobomb them too (sadly, these cutscenes don't trigger in All Heroes mode).
- One potential set of lines once Sojourn identifies Maximilien's whereabouts where the gang goes on a surprisingly coordinated tangent:Sojourn: Confirmed, Maximilien is at the Don Rumbotico Distillery. Let's catch this accountant.
Tracer: Understood! Anything else we should be ready for? Surprise tax audit?
Mercy: Actuarial tables?
Winston: Uh... spreadsheets?
Sojourn: Clock's ticking, agents.
- During the mission, Tracer finds a convenient truck full of explosives to use to break open Maximilien's safehouse. Sojourn is shocked, but accepts the good fortune with a "Well then, proceed!"
- As the crew talks about Maximilien's financial capabilities, we get this rather odd revelation from Winston:Winston: I'm sure the rum distillery's business would give Maximilien a lot of room to hide Talon's money in.
Sojourn: He knows what he's doing, give him that.
Winston: (groan) I wish he could do my taxes.
Tracer: You pay taxes?! What, to the moon?
Winston: No... Switzerland.
Tracer: You know, a gorilla from the moon paying Swiss taxes is probably just the kind of situation Max would be great at!
Winston: I'll be sure to ask when we catch him.
- Winston and Tracer share a moment discussing their current Mission Control, and while Tracer likes Sojourn, Winston admits to being a little afraid of her. And then Sojourn pipes up and informs them that the line is still open.
- The squad contemplates whether or not Max drinks the rum from his distillery or not.Winston: I... don't actually know if he can.
Genji: Maybe he just likes to look at it.
- There are a few conversations as a result of Maximiliens tastes.
- Some insight on Overwatch's tastes:Winston: (inhales) Mmm, something smells delicious... like empanadas!
Tracer: Mmm, I haven't had a good empanada in ages!
Sojourn: Have you tried the ones in the cafeteria?
Tracer: Like I said.
- With regards to Maximilien's distillery:Mercy: "Don Rumbotico: Savor Quality." Hah, big words for a criminal front!
Genji: (amused) Quality is quality!
- Tracer asks Sojourn if capturing Max will actually result in much:
- Another version of the exchange has Mercy point out that of all the identified Talon associates, Max is the most likely to give them information.Genji: Translation: he's soft.
- Genji thanks Angela for saving him during the intro.Genji: Thanks for helping me out earlier, Angela.
Mercy: I do seem to be making a habit of saving you. It's a good thing I like you. Buy me dinner when this is over.
Genji: It would be my pleasure.
- Genji and Mercy were apparently talking before going on the mission.Genji: I am grateful for our conversations, Angela. I hope we may resume them when we return to base.
Mercy: Of course. Assuming you dont find all my research talk too dry.
Genji: I find it strangely reassuring. Perhaps because you saved my life.
Mercy: The lengths I go to to find someone willing to talk to me.
- Tracer teasing Genji about his Ship Tease with Mercy.
- Mercy getting sassy, which many healers can surely relate to.Genji: I'm watching out for you, Angela.
Mercy: Well, it's about time you return the favour!
- Tracer and Winston prepare for battle:Tracer: Looks like we're on our own, get ready!
Winston: I was born ready!
Tracer: How long have you been waiting to say that?
Winston: [cheekily] I was born ready! [laughs]
- Tracer makes mention of the Venice incident, while Genji claims he had nothing to do with it. Genji's delivery of his denial is what makes it funny.
- The idea of dance emotes is already amusing and cute enough, though some characters' dances stand out from others:
- It turns out that Junkrat and Roadhog's rotating dances actually sync up if they begin at the same time, and they'll make an audible "clap" sound should they high-five each other in the process.
- Pharah of all people has her rocking out while using her rocket launcher as an Air Guitar. She even plays electric guitar chords play as she "strums" it, and uses her shoulder launchers for pyrotechnics!
- Reaper continues the trend that started with his reload animation and continued with his sit emote. In his dance emote, he doesn't actually dance, he just drops his guns, folds his arms together and simply taps his foot to a beat.
- Soldier: 76 and Doomfist's dances are... awkward, to say the least, though given their facial expressions, they're still trying.
- Reinhardt waltzes with his hammer, gently caressing its head when he dips it. Skins that show his face make it even better.
- Hammonds dance emote has him busting a move and breakdancing on top of his mech while it's shuffling around and playing a beat to go with it (complete with its eye pulsing like a subwoofer).
- Baptistes dance emote is called "Konpa Dance", a modern méringue style dance from his home country of Haiti. While he does stay true to the original dance (albeit sped up a little bit), he also throws his own twist on it by switching into some hip movements and breaking out the Finger Guns with the most ridiculous ear to ear smile on his face. It has to be seen to be believed.
- Anjani Bhimani, Symmetra's voice actor, put out a video of the cast doing their attempts at their own character's dances. Of note is Feodor Chin attempting Zenyatta's dance, though since it requires him to float mid-air, his castmates have to hold him up to do so.
- Reaper's memetic shrug was not only made a spray, but a victory pose and emote too. The fact that he doesn't have to be in his "Blackwatch Reyes" skin means you can now have him awkwardly shrug in-game while as a skull-masked, black-cloaked, dual-shotgun-wielding terrorist.
- Along with the dance emotes, everyone gets some voice lines.
- Reinhardt gets one that simply says "BEER!", meaning he can get into a silly argument with Hanzo about which drink is better.
- Another one ascends the "Reinhardt, Reinhardt, Reinhardt!" meme.
- Widowmaker has an hilariously sheepish "Désolé." (Sorry)
- Symmetra, the eternally serious woman herself, gets one where she is chuckling to herself.Symmetra: (heh heh heh) Setting up the car wash.
- It's an Ascended Meme. "Car Wash" is fanspeak for Symmetra setting up multiple sentry turrets on the walls of your side of a choke point to ambush any unsuspecting enemy who walks through the choke, as is mentioned elsewhere on this page (sometimes also called a "microwave oven").
- Symmetras 2019 line is also a good one a simple So dramatic!
- One for Mercy is a passive-aggressive "You're welcome."
- She got another one in 2019 Someone call the whambulance!
- One for Orisa: "I have a bad feeling about this..."
- Another for Orisa If lost, please return to Efi.
- Baptiste had 3 good ones for 2019. One was Id reccomend bed rest, but nobody has time for that. Another Id say its not my problem, but it usually is. And finally, him laughing to himself while saying Now that is funny.
- Playing these three lines back to back to back in that order is also hilarious, because it sounds like Baptiste is making a joke about his bad sleeping habits.
- One of the panels in the beginning of the comic featured Roadhog drinking tea, from a tiny teacup with saucer. This was released as a teaser image for Overwatch's comic series on Blizzard's twitter account.
- When Junkrat blows a hole in the roof and jumps through:Junkrat: I'm coming for ya, you scrap-headed—! ...Oh-there's-no-top-floor-you-sons-of...
- After Junkrat and Roadhog are spotted by police, there's a bit of Hypocritical Humor where an overweight cop tells his squadron to keep an eye on "the fat one [Roadhog]". And promptly receives a face full of robot.Junkrat: Did you just call my friend "fat", you pig?!
- There's a scene where McCree dives for cover, and ends up next to an old lady. His nonchalant "Beg your pardon, ma'am" and the old lady's equally nonchalant reply seals the deal. After dealing with the hijackers he then casually sits next to her for the remainder of the ride.
- This little interaction between Pharah and her subordinate after defeating a "God Program" Omnic:Pharah: Saleh? You're alive?
Pharah: Oh, guess I'm not buying dinner.
Saleh: Wait... Maybe I'm a little bit alive.
- The opening pages feature quite a dark humorous moment, as Soldier 76 attempts to continue his war against Hakim. Standing in front of a few wanted posters, he is almost casually conversing with a local about Hakim's whereabouts and the reward on offer. The local offers to take him there personally, pressing a gun against the back of his head, earning him an "are you kidding me?" look from Soldier 76. Smash Cut and the local is lying bloodied in the street, with 76 merrily strolling away.
- Also this bit:Ana: All the same, you're lucky to be alive.
Soldier 76: My old boss used to say there was no such thing as luck. Just good genetics.
Ana: He sounds like a jerk.
Soldier 76: Kind of was.
- A fashionably late Reyes in a Headless Horseman costume gives Reinhardt a Jump Scare at the door, which causes the latter to stumble back and fall onto the coffee table.
- What really drives it in even further is that at the time, we as the audience only had enough evidence to believe that Reyes was The Stoic and the Jerkass of the team, and it turns out that he's Not So Above It All and it's implied that he was always more of a Nice Guy a la Jack pre-Switzerland.
- Also, Ana takes a picture of a fallen Reinhardt in the last panel.
- It gets even better with Reyes mentioning that he designed and made his costume himself, and the ensuing dialog implies that the revelation of his fashion talents resulted in his winding up designing everyone's outfits.
- At the beginning, Reinhardt mentions the lord that Junkenstein served. A close-up panel reveals that it's actually Reinhardt. He then goes on to say that the lord was VERY handsome and intelligent, and a wise and just leader (despite his mistreatment of Dr. Junkenstein and his robots).
- This part of the story.Witch: Behold, good doctor. I offer you that which you seek. The spark of life. I want only one thing in return — delicious punch.
(Back to reality)
Reinhardt: (holding punch bowl) One moment. All this talking has made my throat parched.
McCree: While you're at it, maybe you can think of a way to make this story actually scary.
- While most of the comic is a Heartwarming Moment, during the sequence of Overwatch members having good times for the holidays, among them is a frame of McCree and Sombra at a bar, with McCree already having passed out and Sombra giving her glass a very unimpressed look.
- Another is Junkrat and Roadhog, driving a beat-up convertible at top speed out of an amusement park.
- Genji is shown writing a letter to Mercy. Over his shoulder Zenyatta is preparing to absolutely murder him with snowballs.
- When Winston first thinks it'll only be him and Athena for the night, Athena "engages Party Mode." This involves putting snowflakes around her screen and placing a Santa hat on her icon.
- Reinhardt reads Christmas stories to Torb's nine kids. One, Torb has nine kids, and none of them aside from Brigitte look older than D.Va. Two, he's over by the fireplace, with his wife, looking like they're about to make another one. Fans were amused by the implication that Torbjörn, of all characters, has a healthy sex life.
- It was later revealed, when Brigitte herself was added to the game, that she is the youngest of Torb's children and that the rest of those kids are actually Torbjörn's grandchildren.
- This comic has Hanzo's only appearance in a comic so far—one panel of him staring intensely at a cake.
- His outfit here, dubbed "Hipster Hanzo" by the fanbase, was added to the game during the 2017 Winter Wonderland event.
- When Torbjörn returns to get Bastion, he quickly establishes some ground rules for the journey, such as the two not being friends, and no stopping to play with small animals. The latter is immediately broken when Bastion picks up a squirrel.Torbjörn: Did you hear what I just said? Leave the squirrel alone!
- Reaper's little "You're late" as Akande is strolling to the pickup aircraft. It seems that at least some of Reyes' snark is fully intact.
- Akande trolling Sombra over the comms about "recent lapses", fully anticipating her reaction.
- Lacroix casually tossing the dice over her shoulder as the rival's men approach, and Maximilian's reaction to them being snake eyes, losing her money "under his watch".
- When Junkrat and Roadhog first meet, Junkrat is being interrogated by four of the Queens thugs. he slowly realizes that he can hire Roadhog to protect him. He tries to be subtle by building his offer and saying how he'd share his treasure with a friend who'd stick up for him and kill to get him out of a jam. He ends it by by pointing at a confused Roadhog and yelling that he'd give that friend a 10% share. When Roadhog is being spoken to by one of the thugs, Junkrat nervously increases his offer to 20% and 25% when he realizes that Roadhog isn't going to work for that percentage.Junkrat: I'd only share it with a friend. The kind of friend that would stick up for you. The kind that would kill to help you out of a jam!. A friend like that... I'd give him a ten percent share!.
- Even after Junkrat's pleading, Roadhog still basically planned to sit it out... until one of the Queen's thugs insulted him one too many times. Cue Roadhog crushing his beer mug in his hand, and single-handedly pulverizing all of the Queen's goons, sending the one who made the pig threats flying out of the bar's entrance.
- After Roadhog's fight we see him return to his stool, while everything around him has been destroyed and the bartender is left hiding in fear behind the counter. Junkrat is standing triumphantly in the midst of the wreckage regarding Roadhog as a "Fine, upstanding sort" while Roadhog internally calls him an idiot.
- What trips up Sombra, world class hacker and complete enigma? Her Sweet Tooth.
- Reyes and McCree share some friendly banter as they leave the Blackwatch facility about whether they should "spill the beans about Cape Town" over drinks, a conversation that includes this simple frame◊.
- A minor moment, but as Reyes, McCree, and Moira slowly make their way to the aircraft, knowing how out of the law the mission they're heading towards is going to be, Genji's making a straight bee-line towards it. Fans have been quick to interpret this as he just can't wait to fight.
- Ana and Jack's conversations all strongly imply that Reinhardt, strong and wise as he may have been, was the squad's Butt-Monkey during Overwatch's reign.
Meta and Noncanon
- One of the first details released was that Chris Metzen would only be doing one voice. Not, y'know, all of them.
- That voice? Bastion.
- A bizarre glitch◊ caused Widowmaker's butt to get bigger when she activated her goggles.
- Soldier: 76 had to be disabled temporarily due to a bug with a few of his legendary skins allowing players using them to be completely invisible. Of course, the affected skins were both camouflage skins. Perhaps they worked a little too well.
- After the game's release, the fanbase obsessed over hints in the game about a mysterious character called Sombra. As the anticipation built to its peak, Blizzard finally announced... Ana, a completely separate hero.
- In the patch notes for February 9, 2016 (the game was still in beta at the time), one of the changes it lists is "Jeff Kaplan's beard progression has been reset."
- McCree's voice actor likes to troll players in game by saying "It's High Noon" over the voice chat, causing them to run for cover.
Matt: It's...it's...*Stammers and chuckles* I'm not going to say it, but the sun is high in the sky.
- There's also Fridge Brilliance at work here: a friendly McCree's ultimate has him saying "Step right up" while one on the opposing side says "It's High Noon". Since you can only be heard by your side on voice chat by default, he's trolling his own team whenever he does this.
- Just as funny is that Matt is a tabletop Gamemaster on one of Geek and Sundry's shows, and it's put him in an awkward spot at least once when asked by a player attempting to sneak how bright it was outside. It even took a few people at the table to get why it's funny, but once they do they start impersonating McCree.
- On Soldier: 76's gamepdia page someone had edited his Age to "Old Enough to be a DILF", which was later changed to "Old Enough", then "Old" and finally "Unknown". Likewise, "Dad" was briefly added as one of his occupation.
- A popular tradition that seems to be going around for fans is frequent Overwatch cheat forums after a ban wave and read all of the angry posts by banned cheaters who are angry that Blizzard would ban them over such a minor offense as blatantly cheating in an online multiplayer game.
- As of September 10th 2016, according to Overlog.gg, the number 1 highest ranked Grandmaster in the world is a Korean player named "IzA," who has a magnificent winrate at 0% with 233 losses against 1 win and 2 draws. Yeah. note
- A fan asked if Mercy was available to be his waifu. A dev replied that she was taken... by Roadhog. Because he'd eaten her other suitors."As far as we'd like to allow you marrying Mercy, I'm afraid it's her decision and she already offered her digital heart to the most noble, handsome, fit, intelligent and morally upright character in Overwatch: Roadhog."
- The base-breaking Sombra ARG suffered from a lot of Arc Fatigue, with months of decoding and waiting only netting one real definite thing about the character, who was still yet to be formally acknowledged or announced by Blizzard: she's a hacker. So in an incredibly meta and Actually Pretty Funny sense even to those who dislike the ARG, her first major appearance was delivered in one of the most amusingly appropriate ways possible: by being leaked early without Blizzard's permission.
- After the release of the Witch Mercy skin, there was a slight outcry of fans who were disappointed that her Resurrect didn't get a unique callout line like her other legendary skins, especially considering in the Junkenstein's Revenge brawl, she says "My servants never die!" After a fan petition was formed asking Blizzard to add that line to her skin, director Jeff Kaplan's response was simply "Ok. ETA mid-Nov."
- On November 1, 2016, Blizzard's Chinese Division had just rolled out a permanent ban wave on 1600+ players, mostly cheaters. Apparently some Chinese players already had fun with the game even before installing Overwatch, and a Reddit user had taken the liberty to translate some of their names, some of them including:
- Later on December 15, 2016, another ban wave was issued, and somehow the player names have gotten even more hilarious.百萬少女的夢 (Im the Dream-lover of Millions of Young Girls)
电子竞技没有秃头 (There's No Bald Guy in E-Sports)
不给卢西奥我就送 (Give Me Lúcio or I Will Feed)
花村地区约炮加我 (If You Want a One Night Stand in Hanamura, Just Find Me)
别说我是掛实力强 (This Ain't Cheating, It's Skill)
菊部瘫痪 (Paralyzed Anus)
我有医保我先上 (Let Me Charge First Since I've Got Medical Insurance)
奶茶是奶还是茶 (What's Milk Tea? Milk or Tea?)
开黑吗我半藏賊 (Squad Up With Me, I'm an Awesome Hanzo)
对面堡垒死了妈 (Enemy Bastion Has a Dead Mom)note
对面六个是我孙子 (All Six Enemy Team Members are my Grandkids)
麻烦都死一块蟹蟹 (Mercy: "Die Together Please")
什么是战网昵称 (What's a Battle.net Handle?)
- Overlapping with Awesome, this clip from BlizzCon 2016's voice actor panel in which they drop well-known lines.
Lúcio: Aw man, look who it is. Symmetra... Pfft!Symmetra: You were not meant for greatness.Lúcio: Yes I was!Symmetra: HA!
- For more details, listen to the full panel (warning: 1.5 hours!—and an Offscreen Moment of Awesome for some cosplayers who were recognized during the panel but not shown by the camera recording the event).
- Lúcio's VA hangs out with the other Overwatch cast.
- Out of all of the interactions between VAs, the one with Symmetra's VA Anjhali Bhimani is potentially the best. Presented with character names.
Lúcio: Hey, McCree! What time is it?!McCree: ...that ain't gonna work this time, Lúcio. Step off.Torbjörn: (walking by) It's, uh, high noon.Lúcio: Thanks tor-byor-yurn!Torbjörn: ITS TORBJÖRN!!!
- Another contender for the best is the appearance of Matthew Mercer, the voice of McCree.
- Just like the above entry with Matt, there's Fridge Brilliance here as well. Lúcio is asking for McCree's to say his Ultimate one-liner, which only McCree himself and the enemy team can hear. Allies hear "Step right up" instead, but here, McCree is telling Lúcio to "Step off."
- And as a cherry on top - the song that was used to close the panel? It's the "Fuck McCree" diss track! (You can also hear it near the end of Lúcio's VA video listed above.)
- Someone went and made a Source filmmaker version of the above video. Funny Background Events abound.
- During the Sombra ARG, when players were still searching for clues, Jeff Kaplan said "All of the Sombra stuff goes over my head," which they took a little too literally and assumed it was a clue. After some investigating, a strange graphical artifact was discovered from the Dorado map's sky, and fans were scrambling to decode it, including one fan who made a suggestion to make music from it. Sadly, it turns out the "skycode" wasn't part of the ARG at all (it was most likely simply a graphical compression artifact), so in order to get everyone back on track, the next part of the ARG featured a datamoshed image of Dorado◊ with the hidden message "Por que estan mirando al cielo? La respuesta no esta sobre sus cabezas, esta detras de ustedes. A veces, necesitan analizar sus logros previos." Translation
- That said, it seems developers found this detour amusing, so come Sombra's actual release, a stylized version of the skycode was not only included as one of her sprays, but her "Amused" emote has her create it (complete with music tones) while laughing as if to say "Hah, look at these idiots."
- The Voices of McCree, Winston, and Lúcio play Overwatch. Lúcio's VA was more commentating while watching somebody else play him, but "Winston" and "McCree" were playing their characters, and using the character voices. At least at one point, they were in open voice chat with the other players freaking out.
- At another point, Mercer asks 'what time is it' when his ult was ready, but when he did it, got no kills. Afterwords, the two of them talking about his timekeeping ability and the hazards of going off too early.
- After the official release of the Oasis map, the Overwatch Facebook page noticed an influx of players hyped about its new, unique gameplay elements. Not the experimental, potentially meta-changing jump pads the dev team had been hyping up, but the fact that they can get run over by cars. The Overwatch team took notice to that too.
- A little girl says "Can't stop won't stop!" as best as she can. It's both funny and absolutely adorable.
- In a really dumbfounding, but hilarious moment with the playerbase as a result of awkward map design, in the last attack-side spawn point in the King's Row map, most players just take the exit straight in front of them to return to battle. However, In late January 2017, a level 243 fan pointed out how they just discovered an exit immediately to the right just outside of view upon spawning, which actually leads to beneficial higher ground. Judging by Reddit's reactions, just about nobody, even players from as early as the closed beta, even realized it was there.Awsaim: Let's just all agree they added that in the new patch...
- According to an April 2017 Gamespot interview with Jeff Kaplan, one of the considered playable hero concepts was essentially a cat in a jetpack.Jeff: There was this one hero that was a huge internal debate on the team because we just loved it so much but it didn't make it. It was this jetpack and it had this cat that laid in it, like a cat does. Then every once in awhile it would paw at the controls. It was a cat in a jetpack. That was one of those moments that helped define Overwatch. We just went, "Yeah that's probably too far." But yes. We had a cat hero.
Gamespot: That sounds incredible and you should bring it back.
Jeff: I just can't imagine it from first-person, seeing those little cat paws because — do you have a cat?
- Several months later in BlizzCon 2017, many unused concepts and designs were released in the Archives Panel, and indeed, two iterations of Jetpack Cat were featured, one of which being a Fat Cat slouching in one. Even more hilarious, there were other proposed creatures put in a jetpack, including an alligator/crocodile, a gargoyle, and a monkey carrying a flamethrower.
- Then, a few months after that, when Brigitte Lindholm was revealed as the 27th hero, her origin video depicted her as a little girl, putting a suit of armor on the family cat.
- Jeff Kaplan Responds to IGN's Overwatch Comments. Pretty much every response is hilarious thanks to Jeff's brand of dry, mildly caring sarcasm and the sheer inanity of the many Troll-like comments.Sean H.: I want to see Junkrat in lingerie one day.
Jeff: (awkward pause) Alright, next comment...
Shinkyu: nerf south korea in esports
Jeff: I think it's less about "nerf South Korea" and more about "buff the rest of the world." I'm talkin' to you, rest of the world, step it up.
Cockodoodoo: 25 million sales? I seriously doubt overwatch has sold 25 copies.
Jeff: I can't speak to the 25 million in sales, but I know that I've bought at least 3 copies with my own money(...) so you might not believe in 25 million sales, but I can personally vouch for 3 copies sold. And we're proud of that.
DahGr81: All the characters are broken and overpowered
Jeff: I think that's pretty awesome! Because the internet has sort of ruined my ability to read certain words, I don't know what the word "broken" even means anymore, so whenever I see the word "broken" I just take that as a compliment.
_Metal_Gear_Salad_: There was a recent leak for this game which revealed that all of the DLC characters are set to be female
Jeff: This is actually true. We're not really into making male characters, and over time we'll be removing the male characters as well, so no more Hanzo, no more Genji, no more Torbjörn... thank you, Metal Gear! We appreciate that.
Jeff: This is going to be a long one, so it's going to take me a little while to get this right, so forgive me if my reading's off, it reads...
CdrShepard93: F**k Bastion.
- In a very meta and deliciously ironic sense, in one of IGN's "7 Secrets about Overwatch's Heroes by Jeff Kaplan" videos, Kaplan explained that in early development when Tracer was first proposed, everybody said "That's horribly broken, you can never make a game like that, and it'll never be balanced." Aside from a few global gameplay tweaks, Tracer has generally very healthy playrate and winrate, and has only had one direct nerf as of April 2018.
- Shortly after a Starbucks opened at Blizzard campus, the official Overwatch Twitter posted this image of "Jeph" Kaplan. It's already amusing enough, but then you get down to the responses of other official company accounts below:
- Lúcio's voice actor Jonny Cruz was put on the spot when a fan at MomoCon asked him about deleted Ship Tease voice lines between Lúcio and D.Va in Heroes of the Storm, and was then asked to come up with a pick up line for D.Va. He started fumbling while Charlet Chung (D.Va's voice actress) egged him on and then the other actors joined in coming up with pick up lines.
- When the Doomfist origin animation and the developer update detailing his abilities came out, fans were amused because not only did Doomfist's abilities appear to complement dive composition — the prevailing gameplay "meta" in the concurrent season of competitive play — but Doomfist was also shown fighting three of the most used heroes in dive: Winston, Tracer, and Genji.
- A day after Junkertown was officially announced, a Reddit user brought up how a sign in the map read "Take-Out", which is an American term, rather than the more appropriate "Take-away" for Australia, then asking for a direct apology from Jeff Kaplan for making the game unplayable. A few hours later, he got it.Blizz_JeffKaplan: I'd like to offer a direct apology to the entire country of Australia. Please forgive our cultural insensitivity. We will fix this in an upcoming patch (the sign travesty will most likely go live for some period before being fixed).
- In September 2017's Developer Update, "Play Nice, Play Fair", where Jeff Kaplan addresses toxicity, its problems within the community and how to approach it, he mentions how even he's said mean things on the internet. In spite of the community's Creator Worship, many fans were all too eager to pull out an example: a surprisingly profanity-laden rant on the EverQuest forums in 2002, widely believed to have been the reason he was hired by Blizzard in the first place. Five days later, nonetheless.
- During BlizzCon, Jeff Kaplan got in a few good quips.Jeff Kaplan: Now I know most of you don't know what payload is, so everybody turn to the Zenyatta main to your left and he will figure it out (while announcing the map "Blizzard World").noteJeff Kaplan: In case you're wondering how to spell Moira, it's spelled O-P-A-F (when discussing the new character who'd just been revealed by that name).
- Reinhardt's voice actor shows up to premiere his character's short, quoting lines at the top of his lungs and throwing candy to the crowd. note
- During the voice actors panel during Blizzcon 2017, the VAs were asked what their respective characters would do if they went to Disneyland. Lúcio would obviously DJ, Reinhardt would be in costume and say hello to all the children, Pharah would be flying around it to keep it safe, and Doomfist would find out who owns Disneyworld so he could make more money off of it. Even funnier is how Aysha Selim (Ana) and Chloe Hollings (Widowmaker) just shrug and point to lead writer Michael Chu for his Word of God.
- In an interview with Thai website Online-Station, Michael Chu confirmed that Genji's penis is still intact. Nope. We've got nothing either.
- During the Overwatch League preseason's first day, caster Mr. X was a fair bit shorter than his casting partner Uber, so for the second day◊ he was given a Scully Box. After viewers noticed, it became a Running Gag for the rest of the preseason for him to get progressively taller◊ and taller◊.
- During a special stream by Roadhog's VA Josh Petersdorf on Twitch, Gaku Space gets the opportunity to play Overwatch. Mind you, Gaku has never played Overwatch before. He doesn't even have any idea on what abilities Genji has, so Josh gives him the rundown. After Josh explains, Gaku promptly asks what the button for "I Need Healing" is. And whenever Gaku plays, he proceeds to spam the "I Need Healing" button throughout most of the match too.Josh: Alright guys, now look, this is Gaku's first game, so be easy on him.Gaku: Wait wait, what's the button for "I Need Healing"?Josh: If you need heal... (chuckles) The button if you need healing... (laughs)Gaku: That's the most important button, dude.Josh: That is the most important button.
- This comment of the video pretty much sums up how Gaku plays Genji in Overwatch:1 second after spawning in"I NEED HEALING!""I NEED HEALING!""I NEED HEALING!"
- This comment of the video pretty much sums up how Gaku plays Genji in Overwatch:
- In mid-December 2017, after an angry Troll on the official forums announced he was quitting the game due to it "failing" to repeal the 7 bans to his account, Jeff Kaplan himself arrived to share some lines of his in-game behaviour to make clear the bans and hundreds of harassment reports were completely justified, including "im the reason for anything good", "LONG WALK FOR A PILE OF [expletive]", and accusing others who beat him of hacking.
- During Christmas Eve, the official PlayOverwatch Twitch account streamed "Overwatch Yule Log featuring Jeff Kaplan". Yes... Jeff sitting in front of a Yule Log Live, not moving much. For 10 hoursnote . In the moments where he does move, the entire chat goes absolutely nuts:
- Early on, Jeff unexpectedly gets smacked in the face by the boom mic. Considering he almost never speaks, one has to wonder why they even needed one.
- Later, Jeff suddenly pulls out a flat present, unwraps it, and silently smiles with approval. It's a framed photo of "Carbon Fiber" Genji saying "I NEED HEALING".
- Three hours in, Jeff suddenly has a conversation with an offscreen producer as to how much longer the stream will last and why anyone signed up for it. He also points out how the milk and cookies next to him that he reached out for a few times are fake.Kaplan: I gotta ask for a raise, this is ridiculous.
- The cookies are in fact not fake as at one point he eats a few of them. For one of them he uses a shaker on it and states he likes his cookies the way he likes his Overwatch: With a ton of salt
- Four and a half hours in, the fire suddenly goes out. Moments later, Jeff notices it, claps twice, then it suddenly comes back on again.
- Nearly 7 hours in, Jeff suddenly gets a phone call from a telemarketer, also letting the world know his ringtone is Mei's "Sorry, sorry! I'm sorry, sorry...".
- Eight hours in, Jeff gives a special message... to famed Kaplan-quote-manipulator Dinoflask, and leaves him a special gift on his request:Kaplan: Orca. (beat) Killer whale. (beat) Gratuitous. (beat) T-that's it, thank you.
- What makes this especially hysterical is that combined with the (potential) hints of the next hero coming soon in the stream, many fans started coming up with ridiculous theories with these words as a basis, one of the most popular being a hero called "Ares"explanation . The fact Dinoflask didn't use these quotes on his next video a few days later increased curiosity, helped by him listing "Ares" in the list of newly gay Overwatch characters, as well as an image of an orca shooting at Soldier: 76 in the stinger.
- Nine hours in, Jeff decides to announce the new hero... until the signal suddenly gets scrambled, and by the time it goes away, he's already finished with the "description" to the disappointment of just about the entire fanbase.
- Jeff is smiling. why is he smiling? Because he decide to call it quits at 5 minutes short of 10 hour mark to the disappointment of everyone watching.
- In mid February 2018 and in the quiet buildup to the 27th hero, the Overwatch subreddit started going nuts when one user discovered a wheelchair in Lijiang Tower that had apparently just appeared. Given how past heroes have been teased with similarly quiet map additions only weeks before their official announcement, fans built in anticipation, with many theories as to who they might be... until a few days later, where it was discovered the wheelchair had already been there from as early of September of last year. At least a few devs were amused with this development.
- Some fans that are watching Overwatch League live from the Blizzard Arena will bring signs that often consists of "Let X do something that Y hero can do". In three occasions, the developers actually responds by creating actual short gameplay animation reacting to the signs that the fans brought to the Arena. All of them are incredibly hilarious to watch.
- Letting Torbjörn to wall-run.
- Letting Zenyatta to walk. Kotaku sums it up perfectly by saying that the walking animation is "somewhere between a Russian squat dancer and a bad two-legged frog".
- Give Mercy two guns. The solution? Give Mercy Reaper's shotguns.
- What makes it funnier is the nonchalant "k" that is the only written part of the twitter response.
- Hammond/Wrecking Ball's reveal. The fact that he is a hamster (instead of a Monkey as everyone expected), and also what Kaplan emphasize on...
- Kaplan: Now there's certain things I should clarify for you. Hammond cannot talk. He does not speak English or any other language. That would be completely ridiculous as we all know.
- Bonus point in that he is introduced after a Jetpack Cat is considered ridiculous.
- The VA panel at Blizzcon 2018 had the actors in question read out some voice lines. This Hammond/Wrecking Ball line was the highpoint.
- The initial announcement of the Hangzhou Spark in the Overwatch League instantly gained a huge fanbase due to their "cotton candy" pink and bright blue colors, but was made even more hilarious due to one of the two champions representing the uniform palette: Reaper.
- From the 2019 Lunar New Year event, we have the unveiling of Reaper's Lu Bu skin, inspired by the legendary figure from China's Three Kingdoms period. In and of itself, not that amusing. On the other hand, there is the short response from Koei-Tecmo, creators of the Dynasty Warriors series: "Do not pursue Lu Bu!"
- Shortly after Baptiste's release, there was some confusion among players and developers on whether or not his name is pronounced with the "P". While it was quickly explained that indeed you should, his voice actor, Benz Antoine, along with his new fellow castmates decided to have a little fun with clarifying it.
- This compilation of Overwatch cheaters complaining about being banned is premium grade-A schadenfreude. Reactions range from protesting that it was "only" an external program, to a cheater who thought they were overlooked because the e-mail telling them they were banned was in their spam folder, and even threatening Blizzard with lawsuits and claiming to be part of Anonymous. The finale is a grifter trying to sell people bitcoin on the promise that the profits will be used to hire "agents" to "protect" the hackers.
- Reaper dancing to J-Pop. There's theory in the comments that Jack Morrison leaked the video, which was the real catalyst for the downfall of Overwatch.
- One fan created a virtual reality "Reaper Simulator", consisting entirely of drawing shotguns from thin air, shooting them, tossing them away, and repeating the cycle... or just skipping the shooting part and creating a massive pile of unused shotguns.
- Some mad genius made an animatic of Junkrat doing Timon's luau scene from the Lion King, with Roadhog as Pumbaa, Genji as Simba, and multiple Winstons as the hyenas. See the madness here.
- Turns out there was already a comic of Roadhog getting the "Mr. Pig" scene, and someone else dubbed that one, too.
- Guess what? Another nut job dubbed a comic of the scene in Lilo and Stitch where Nani and Lilo fight, except with Hanzo and Genji! Riiiight here. And for bonus points the muffled screaming at the end is their ultimates.
- Someone also did the same thing with the Spongebob Squarepants movie's "Baby Hunt" scene, with Junkrat and Roadhog as Spongebob and Patrick.
- Why Junkrat is the best character in Overwatch. (He could be your waifu! He has a sensitive side... [cue a Steve Urkel impression voice trying to sound like a typical innocent waifu character] "Oooh, ooops... Did I~ dooo thaaat??")
- Also from the same guy, Life of an Average Genji Player AKA a semi-accurate portrayal of how weebs think of themselves when playing as Genji... and playing him wrong for hilarious effects.
- The Woes of Support. He basically decides to play Mercy since there's no other Support characters on his team. The standard healer dilemma (teammates running headlong into gunfire, wasted resurrections, and getting ultra-murdered because none of your teammates bothered to protect you) ensues.
- His take on who is the Most Hated Character in Overwatch is as hilarious. And raises some pretty valid points. Who hasn't been boxed inside the base before the game even starts?
- These two different in-game player interactions are not only hilariously sweet, but may have kickstarted the bizarrely popular ship of Roadhog and Mercy.
- Back before the "Dragons" short was released, someone on Tumblr made a point about how predictable the shorts' dialogue can be by saying they could predict how "Dragons" would go, even going so far as to animate it. And then "Dragons" released...thepowerplumber: THIS IS LITERALLY HOW IT HAPPENED IM DYING
- Incorrect Overwatch Quotes, a blog dedicated to making up conversations between the Overwatch heroes. These can range from using Overwatch characters for quotes from other franchises to all new material and it's absolutely hilarious.
- What happens when you mix Overwatch memes and Calvin and Hobbes together? You get this.
- Welcome to Hanamura, an animation showing what happens pretty much every time a team is attacking in Hanamura, at least before hero stacking was removed.
- Tracer VS Scout Death Battle, the first thing Scout does when he sees Tracer is ogle her ass and then try to hit on her. It's as hilarious as it sounds. This becomes even more hilarious with the reveal that Tracer is gay, making Scout's advances even more awkward than before.
- The Bastion Song by JT Machinima is a goldmine of hilarity that could pretty much be called "Mood Whiplash the song". It switches between a peppy lighthearted tune with Post-Crisis Bastion singing in a gentlemanly voice to a harsh rock tune with Crisis Bastion aggressively rapping about how much he loves killing and boasting like a total Jerkass, and implies there isn't that much difference between the personas in the end.
- Reapfield, the Tumblr originated unholy fusion of Reaper with Garfield. Owner Dad-76...
- Similar to Reapfield is Genjicat, owned by (who else?) Mercy. This particular Halloween comic of Lucio and Mercy trying to get candy from Symmetra's house only to get warded off from her turrets also got quite the laugh out of Symmetra's voice actress Anjali Bhimani.
- SOLDIER 76 VS REAPER RAP is pretty awesome, right until 76 says "I'll keep you in line, who's your daddy?!" near Pharah, prompting him to say That Came Out Wrong, and Ana to show up to berate them both.Soldier: 76 He started it.
Reaper: Shut up.
- 20 Bucks, the real reason McCree joined Overwatch, and how he got his BAMF belt.
- So what happens when Lúcio and D.Va team up? Everyone else doing a facepalm, mentally or physically.
- The Warp Zone has a couple videos based on Overwatch characters in social media.
- First is IF OVERWATCH HAD FACEBOOK. Key notes of the video involve Soldier:76 telling "dad jokes" and being a Pungeon Master, Ana being an embarrassing mom, and Tracer showing off the many "Best Game" awards Overwatch won in 2016 - only for the Team Fortress 2 cast to snark about the similarities between their games.
- Second is IF OVERWATCH HAD TINDER. Tracer goes onto Tinder and groans at some of the pickup lines the cast give her. She loves Mercy, but then realizes she's just using Tinder to advertise her practice while Orisa is stuck in her programming as a guardian.
- IF OVERWATCH HAD FACEBOOK 2:
- The girls drool over Doomfist and then rib on Mei's choice of words.
- Zenyatta changes his profile pic.
- Winston has gone to see War for the Planet of the Apes thinking it was real until Junkrat says "Nope, it's *** Gollum man." He's upset, but then he turns it around by saying what that movie gave him: Ideas!
- Sombra announces she may or may not have the season finale to Game of Thrones.
- Lucio asks the gang to show off their summer skins; Widowmaker's skin leads to an argument between Tracer and Emily (her girlfriend) that ends with the latter changing her relationship status to "It's complicated".
- Torbjörn is upset about another bum loot box with sprays, upset that he only got paint, only for Inklings come on and say how paint is useful and ask how they even win their matches.
- IF OVERWATCH HAD FACEBOOK 3:
- Brigitte joins the game and is glad to be here, with Junkrat upset it wasn't Jetpack Cat. Then they come to the topic of who's her dad. Zarya thinks it's Reinhardt, Junkrat thinks it's Lucio and Sombra says it's Solder 76 cause he's everyone's dad. After Brigitte says it's Torbjörn, Sombra thinks that Widowmaker must be her mom for her looks to even out. WM says she'd never sleep with "that walking beard," but then Torbjörn asks what was "last January?" She wouldn't know! He never called! That makes Brigitte leave.
- Roadhog posts a reaction video of "When McDonalds brings back the Grand Mac" by posting Zenyatta walking.
- Timmy (the younger brother from the original cinematic) is excited to go to Blizzard World, but gets caught up in the middle of a battle. Not only that, the rides aren't open, most of the park is blocked off and he wasted $900 on an annual pass. He tried to get a snack, but Doomfist punched him in the face. Tommy tells him to get out and Timmy hides in the payload. Tommy says he's safe cause nobody goes near it.
- Ana declares she's leaving Facebook cause she wanted to catch up with friends, but feels there's too many Russians and bots. Zarya and Zenyatta are offended, though Bastion sends a link that ends up being a porn virus, making Ana react in horror.
- Brigitte shows off a montage of herself "booping" enemies off the map, making Reaper daring her to boop him. It turns out that he's asking her to come whip him with her flail cause he's a masochist. Mercy is quite disgusted, though Reaper says it's cause Craigslist took away Sexual Connections and he's begging to be booped.
- Many of the team remember some of the things they could do before they were nerfed like Mercy's ult being able to rez whole teams, Junkrat's mines doing plenty of damage, Sombra being able to hack Tracer mid-warp, Bastion mowing down people left and right. Junkrat doesn't miss Bastion's nerf. When Mercy asks who did this to them, Jeff Kaplan nerfs them even further by saying Junkrat no longer has bombs and just throws tires, Mercy's left click does nothing. Mercy asks him to have, well, mercy, but he then says "Every hero is Doomfist now!"
- A group of college students in China acting out the shorts Infiltration, Dragons, Alive is really entertaining to watch due to being So Bad, It's Good.
- No Mercy, a musical argument by The Living Tombstone between someone who tries to lecture the rest of the team without doing anything themselves and a troll, respectively played by BlackGryph0n and LittleJayneyCakes.note
- In a bit of Freeze-Frame Bonus, one of the team lineups in the opening features Black Gryphon as Widowmaker alongside five Palette Swaps of Genji with Black, Blue, Red, Pink, and Yellow Ranger as the usernames, while another features Black Gryphon with Reaper, Soldier:76, Bastion, Tracer, and a second Soldier:76, with the usernames "I / SHOULD / MAKE / A / PATREON".
- Father Ted fans will love the shot in the first chorus for the line "You should have picked any kind of support" with Ana as Mrs. Doyle, evidently trying to get a bored-looking Symmetra to agree to a cup of tea with endless signs reading "GO ON".note
- For the line "We ended up losing, and it's all your fault" in the first chorus, we get a shot of the victorious opposing team; Reaper (whose player, Liam, is named for one of the members of Mashed, the animation team behind the video) is holding a sign reading "Suck It Morrison" with an arrow pointing to his crotch. For the next line, "You should learn how this game works", the Soldier:76 on Black Gryphon's team is seething with rage at Reaper's taunt, while Genji commits Seppuku next to him.
- For the transition from Black Gryphon to Jayneycakes, the video cuts to a card screen, where Jayneycakes, as D.Va, receives a card for "0 FUCKS GIVEN" (and opposing Reaper Liam receives a card for "58 DAYS TO ANIMATE", a nod to the video's production time) and lobs an empty soft drink bottle at Widowmaker while shouting "If you love Mercy so much, why don't you just marry her?".
- During the instrumental break, a critically injured Black Gryphon, as Genji, flees the fire of an off-screen Bastion on King's Row in search of a health pack. Four of his teammates - Mei (played by Jayneycakes), Reaper, Roadhog, and McCree - run past him, followed by the Written Sound Effect "BOO DOO DOO BOOP DE DOO" as Bastion goes into Configuration: Tank and an explosion that, judging from the kill feed, hands it a quadruple kill. When Genji finally finds a health pack, it's still re-spawning, and when it does... it's been hacked by Sombra, who appears right next to him and kills him with a headshot.
- Black Gryphon's hypocrisy continues as he ponders who to choose, and cycles through various then-Defense/Offense characters (before they were combined into a single Damage category) and Tank characters, only for Jayneycakes to announce that she's already playing as those characters. With one exception: Bastion, who gets a "Nerf Bastion!" exclamation from Jayneycakes as Torbjörn as she lands on Bastion's head with a Nerf bat.
- And the final insult: on Point B of Temple of Anubis, a combination of an EMP from Jayneycakes as Sombra and a Barrage from Black Gryphon as Pharah seems to wipe out the opposing Reinhardt, Bastion, and Soldier:76. They smile triumphantly as the "CAPTURING" bar appears, but their smiles vanish as the caption changes to "CONTESTED"... and the opposing Mercy mass Resurrects her teammates. Faced by a triple Looming Silhouette of Rage, Sombra translocates away and leaves Pharah to face the music, courtesy of a hammer to the head from Reinhardt that results in a portrait of her waving a white flag in the kill feed.
- Some people decided to cosplay some characters without a budget and some items they have at home. The results are◊ hilarious.
- The "tears in the rain" speech as done by Bastion, presented by Manly Guys Doing Manly Things for your enjoyment. And someone else put together the audio. Now it just needs to animated.
- MERCY VS MEDIC RAP BATTLE ends with Mercy and Medic believing that they don't get enough respect from healing their teammates causing them to quit their jobs. The Stinger features somebody wanting a healer when there are no healers around.
- This comic which shows a hilarious dissonance between what Zarya and Genji thinks when they had a conversation. Zarya thinks about her going all Tsundere... while Genji thinks she's going to fuck him up so hard he's not going to be recognizable afterwards.
- D.Va finds out the hard way what's beneath Mei's jacket...
- Relove, Relax, a pretty calming song...that plays during a hilarious battle between chibified versions of the Overwatch characters.
- Notably, the video ends with Ana putting everyone to sleep and then sitting back in her rocking chair while everyone naps.
- There's something hilarious about literally the entire defending team pulling six Bastions at once, and then Reinhardt just smashing them all with one shockwave.
- When Genji uses Dragonblade to cut down the fighter ship from the rafters to crush the attacking team on the payload below. Reinhardt tries to block it with his shield, with predictable results.
- One can only wonder how Pharah didn't grow up as a traumatic person if this is how Ana's parenting was like.
- The Overwatch AWNN has a gag-dub of a fan comic, called The Legend of the Two Dragons, linked to in the AWNN folder. Here is an alternate version. Except this time Hanzo starts the narration and is interrupted by Genji.
- Sombra's Target. Reaper tries to teach Sombra the aspects of her current target, McCree. Once she sees his fashion sense, Sombra laughs her head off and believes that the guy on the picture is fake because, obviously, no one in their right mind would dress like that in the 2070's... even though a guy dressed like a comic book villain stands right next to her. Animated version.
- From the man behing the TF2-inspired Meet The Amazing series, we get Meet the Amazing Tracer.
- She tries to capture the point by accusing Hanzo (who is defending the point) of being homophobic, then threatening him with Tumblr-shaming for his intolerance. All while she trolls him and Roadhog with her Blink and Recall abilities.
- Then, she falls off the balcony where Hanzo was with a poorly-aimed Blink, only to be healed by Mercy in a fashion that makes it look like she's peeing on Tracer's corpse.Lucio: [glides past with a gold medal] For most healing done! [pins the medal to Mercy, then glides away]
Mercy: You're welcome. [follows Lucio off screen]
- The Tenth Doctor comes to scold Tracer for excessive time-travelling:Tracer: And who exactly are you?
Doctor: Well, I'm the Doctor.
Tracer: Doctor who?
[cut to a live-action shot of this exchange in the script on a computer screen; the writer Facepalms as if to say "I cannot believe I just wrote that..."]
- Then Zarya comes to threaten to beat the Doctor up, leading to this exchange:Zarya: I have slaughtered bear with spoon.Doctor: Uhhhhhh...Zarya: I took on alligator with big toe.[Raises bare foot]Doctor: ...Zarya: I eat glass for breakfast! But no, not really, that's unhealthy, I lied.
- Then she cracks her knuckles in preparation for a beatdown... only to realize that she accidentally just broke all of her fingers.Zarya: ... I go find Mercy now.
- Finally, there's the ending. With Roadhog having hooked the Doctor away, Tracer disregards his warnings and uses her Blink ability a few times just to spite him, and then...Tracer: "Timey-wimey"!? More like timey-whiny! [looks down] Was my Chronal Accelerator always a black hole?
[the entire Earth disappears with a "pop"]
Result Screen: VICTORY?
- From the same animating crew as No Mercy, we have The Trial of Mei, where Reaper tries to get her banned from Overwatch, but everyone else is distracted by her cuteness. The whole scene is done in the style of Ace Attorney with Winston as the judge, Reaper as the prosecutor, and a jury including Genji (in his Sparrow costume), Bastion, Lúcio, Junkrat, Soldier:76, and Tracer, with other spectators including Zarya, Hanzo, D.Va, Reinhardt, Symmetra, and Zenyatta.
- Winston appears to have developed an addiction to Comically Missing the Point, to Reaper's mounting frustration:Reaper: This girl... is an evil ice queen!
Mei: Says the guy with a skull face.
Winston: It's true... he does have a skull for a face.
Reaper: Ughh... look at this! [points Phoenix Wright-style to cue three clips of Mei cackling evilly as she freezes Zenyatta with her Endothermic Blaster, stomps on a frozen Junkrat's ice-encased head and shatters it, and casts Blizzard on Reinhardt and Hanzo] See?
Winston: I do see!... Mei!... where did you get those boots? [a picture of Mei's blood-covered boots appears in the corner of the screen] They're adorable!
Mei: [giggles] Thank you!
Reaper: [Facepalms] RRRRGHH... please! [as Mei watches Snowball sprinkle snow over an ice miniature of her] She might act all innocent-
Winston: She's innocent? Well! Case closed!
Reaper: [with Ace Attorney-style speech bubble] NO! [Reaction Shot of the shocked jurors]
- Reaper digs himself in deeper when his words are misinterpreted:Reaper: She might act innocent, but I assure you, under the cutesy exterior [points Phoenix Wright-style] lies a ruthless savage that will slay us all!
Mei: [smiling sweetly, blushing, and surrounded by Heart Symbols as Snowball's eyes change to matching hearts] Aww, you think I'm cute?
Reaper: [with a Luminescent Blush] SHUT UP!
Winston: Aw! Reaper loves Mei!
Genji, Lúcio, Junkrat, Soldier:76: [sing-songy] Reaper loves Me-ei! Reaper loves Me-ei! [Bastion opts to hold up a sign with the rebus "Mei + Reaper = Ship", while Tracer looks near tears as she holds dolls of Mei and herself while a Heart Symbol appears next to her and breaks in half]
Reaper: [off-screen as he fires a shotgun blast at Bastion's sign] SILENCE!
- Reaper tries to argue that Mei's Ice Wall is overpowered by asking for help from a "volunteer" - who is anything but helpful:Reaper: Observe! You there! [points to McCree (in his Gambler costume), although something seems... off about him] Shoot me. [he does, immediately; Reaper goes down as the words "CRITICAL HIT!" appear next to the usual skull] DAUGH!
Mercy: [off-screen] HEROES NEVER DIE! [Resurrects Reaper]
Reaper: RRRGHH... I meant AFTER I put up the Ice Wall! [he deploys the Ice Wall] Okay, now shoot- [McCree's gun appears behind his head; cut to the Ice Wall as blood spatters against it] DAUGH!
- At the end of the video, we see that McCree was very deliberately misinterpreting Reaper's orders as he shoots him a third time before removing his mask to reveal... Spy. He smirks, shushes the audience, and replaces his mask.
- Winston appears to have developed an addiction to Comically Missing the Point, to Reaper's mounting frustration:
- In this comic◊, Reaper and Soldier:76 take Foe Yay to absurd levels.
- After Meet The Amazing Tracer, we get Meet the amazing Zenyatta. The whole thing is hilarious, but here are a few stand-out moments:
- Zenyatta and Bastion's encounter with Hanzo near the beginning.Hanzo: You are no match for the dragon!Zenyatta: Bastion, kill him.Bastion goes into turret modeBastion pumps Hanzo full of lead
- And if you watch it with subtitles, it says *HANZO FUCKING DIES*
- And then, Zenyatta mourning that his pants got dirty during the fight.Zenyatta: This victory didn't come without sacrifice. May the cleanliness of my clothes rest in pants.
- After noticing that unlike him, Bastion does not wear pants, he begins vouching for the right not to wear pants. Then Roadhog and Tracer join him.
- Zenyatta's protest sign:
- Apparently, thirty years in the future, Donald Drumpf is still president.
- Finally, Zenyatta celebrates the success of his pantslessness protest by dropping his pants in front of a huge crowd. Instead of the robotic limbs you'd expect to see, we get — and we couldn't make this up if we tried, folks — a pair of human legs from the hip to the knee, with a small face in the crotch area. Then the face starts screaming. And so does everyone else.
- Zenyatta and Bastion's encounter with Hanzo near the beginning.
- Genji Shimada, Beauty Guru.
- Genji has such a fine ass that Mercy just can't resist. Animated!
- "Old War Veteran Kills Everything In His Sights". Soldier: 76 guns down / blows up random people. Hilarity Ensues.
- "Move the Payload" and its sequel, both of which play out like Overwatch-themed Looney Tunes. The kicker has to be Lúcio in the second part, whose weapon of choice is a pair of air horns. The conclusion to the trilogy, STOP the Payload, may just be the funniest one of the lot. Special mention goes to Zen's (subverted) Big Damn Heroes moment, when he uses Transcendence to block the enemy Grav-Barrage combo... only to find his entire team dead anyway once the smoke clears.
- A Brazilian fan made "The National Church of Hanzo" seriously but it was primarily to prove a point on how corrupt Brazil can be when it comes to churches as they get a lot of tax exemptions from the government and it was apparently not that difficult to register the church.
- Efi has prepared something for Orisa should she encounter Doomfist.
- Someone has apparently leaked Overwatch's secrets ("the Omnileaks", a parody of Wikileaks), and the team spends more time arguing with and insulting each other than trying to interrogate Sombra, their prime suspect (though it turns out at the end that the actual mastermind is Doomfist).
- The secrets themselves include:
- Mercy has a crush on Genji, and apparently gave him a "killer ass" when she built his new body. Genji promptly starts fearing for everyone in the room when he hears this, and ends up attempting to kill himself to save them.Lúcio: The Omnileaks! Like how everyone knows Mercy only helped Genji because she has a huge crush on him?
Mercy: [blushing scarlet and dropping her Caduceus staff in embarrassment as Genji turns to look at her] I - wha - HEY!
Lúcio: [with a conspiratorial smirk] That's why she gave him a killer butt!
[dramatic shot of Genji's backside, accompanied by a Musical Sting]
Genji: My butt... is a killer? [to Mercy, angrily] What did you DO!?
- Reaper is afraid of air conditioners and fans, due to them having an unfortunate effect on him in his mist form. This comes back to bite him later in the video due to Genji's killer ass.
- Zarya has gone to Disneyworld several times, and we get to see a shot of her dressed as Snow White, bear hugging a poor unfortunate soul in a Mickey Mouse costume, with Gremlin!D.Va in the background and Heavy (dressed as Baloo) reaching for a guy's sandwich.
- Winston has been creating sentient bananas and eating them. He also uses "password" as the password for all his devices, which his how the hacker leaked the secrets in the first place.
- Mercy has a crush on Genji, and apparently gave him a "killer ass" when she built his new body. Genji promptly starts fearing for everyone in the room when he hears this, and ends up attempting to kill himself to save them.
- Then there's the antics that occur during the interrogation itself:
- Sombra opens the conversation by asking if it's a surprise party and wondering where the cake is, before shooting a glance at Tracer and asking if it's a different kind of party. Cue Tracer hiding a gag and vibrating hand-on-a-stick behind her back, the latter of which promptly goes off, causing Tracer to blush several shades of red.
- Mercy gets Lúcio back for revealing her crush on Genji by revealing that he's been recording his teammates without their permission to use in his music. He denies this, only for his Sonic Amplifier to immediately start playing a Stupid Statement Dance Mix of Genji saying "My butt... is a killer??" An unamused Genji hacks it in half with his katana.
- The second time Tracer rewinds trying to come up with a funny metaphor for Reaper's fear of air conditioners, she yanks Zarya's chair out from underneath her right as she's about to sit down.
- After Lúcio spilled the beans on him, Reaper has him in an armlock, and is busy taunting Tracer, whose secret is that she uses her Chronal Accelerator to get out of arguments with her girlfriend, Emily. Tracer snarkily tells him that there's an air conditioner, and Reaper panics and dislocates poor Lúcio's arm. He later ends up in a cast.
- Zarya shrugs off her embarrassing secret, proclaiming herself as "a big [Disney] fan." Cue Tracer groping her from behind (complete with clown horn sound effects) and asking Reaper if he's afraid of "big fans" as well. Reaper sulkily admits that he is (as a slap echoes from off-screen).
- By the end of it all, Sombra is laughing her ass off, admitting that she wished she'd leaked the info because it's hilarious. Tracer (nursing a black eye and a slap mark) irritably suggests letting her go, and asks Winston for the password to Sombra's cuffs — leading into the above password conversation, but Tracer is already holding the unlocked cuffs in her hand.
- There's also a wealth of Funny Background Events, mainly the window and the screen.
- The screen has files popping up: Hanzo is wanted for assaulting an off-duty DA; Widowmaker is wanted for being a bitch, refusing to switch to support her team when needed, and blaming their losses on themnote ; Mei is wanted in [presumably the animator's] bed; a fellow named "Mikey" for being a suspected "dry shite" and not drinking enough for an Irish Man, Chocolate Pudding Party is wanted for a job, as he's a better animator than mashed, and many of the staff and their jobs are listed as Stealth Credits (Liam is apparently wanted for mediocrity, which is defined as animating the episode in 7 weeks).
- The window (especially since Tracer keeps using Recall to try and redo her Incredibly Lame Pun) features Doomfist fighting Mei, with ice covering it. One of the walls also has the imprint of a large fist.
- At the end of the video, Sombra legs it and locks them in — with Genji's killer butt! — who promptly uses Winston's password to activate the ceiling fan above Reaper. Cue the screen exclaiming "Oh Shit!" and Genji's butt laughing maniacally, and Doomfist, watching the whole thing with Gremlin!D.Va on his desk, softly laughing at the "idiots.mp4" file. Followed with Doomfist doing a Terry Crews impression of "too powerful to let this video end!"
- The secrets themselves include:
- Fareeha no! Fareeha yes!
- Hanzo looked through the gates of Hell today.
- Reinhardt comes to a very important realization.
- Junkers+Game Grumps= Comehdee gohwel'd
- Sombra goes snorkeling while Widowmaker dramatically stares into the distance.
- It's a team effort to get Junkrat to take a bath.Junkrat: (As he's being forced into the tub by Mei) NO NO NO NO! DON'T DO IT! I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS! I THOUGHT WHAT WE HAD WAS SPECIAL!
- How Jameson shaves every day...with a blowtorch, to Mei's unending frustration.
- What happens when you combine Reaper with another extremely similar edgelord who predates him.Genji (holding a sign): How are you able to reload a gun WITH NO AMMO?!
- Why Genji doesn't have stubble or a beard. The reason: he'll look exactly like Hanzo.
- Is that a Terry Crews reference???
- "Is this a midlife crisis, Gabrielito?"
- Moira's gone out of hiding. For rather petty reasons...
- All of Talon decides to invade Widowmaker's privacy. Hilarity Ensues. For better or worse, there's no dialogue, so everyone in the video communicates to the audience through facial expressions and body language. The funniest part has to be the ending, where Sombra shoots Reaper in the chest with one of Widowmaker's guns. The funny part is when Sombra brings in Doomfist and they dress Reaper up in one of Widow's million costumes, put makeup on his skull mask, then Doomfist takes a picture of him with Sombra for blackmail later on. When Widowmaker comes back, Reaper's still there. She takes one look in her room, sees that everyone was in there (because Sombra left her Jen and Barry's "If I Had A Million Flavors", Reaper left a bottle of beer and Doomfist left a glass of wine), then she leaves the room.
- Alternate Realities, an animation where Symmetra, fed up with the world not moving towards the Utopia she wants, decides to explore Alternate Universes to find one. She ends up finding a Mirror Universe where she awkwardly ducks out of a confrontation between the Talon aligned Soldier: 76 and the Overwatch agent Gabriel Reyes, a genderswapped universe where she is Distracted by the Sexy of their Tracer and weirded out by her male counterpart, something involving Torjborn that causes her to retch, and finally a utopic world where everyone is hanging out casually, Tracer and a sane Amile are a couple, and the world is at its most peaceful yet... and Lucio (who still raps) is the President. She immediately goes back home and breaks the interdimensional portal behind her.
- The One Thing, an animated version of a John Mulaney skit describing a Wild Teen Party he went to, but with Overwatch characters involved.
- McCrees Bizarre Adventure being a parody of Jojos Bizarre Adventure, this scene aping the No-Holds-Barred Beatdown Jotaro gives to Steely Dan but with Mc Cree unleashing his ult all over Genji. Special mention goes to Joseph as Reinhardt going OH MY GOD while Mercy takes on Kakyoins role.
- We have Overwatch vs TF2, and the results couldn't be any more hilarious. Of course, we'll have to go by bulletin points.
- Soldier gets flattened by a charging Reinhardt right out of the spawn point. Soon as the gang see what they're dealing with, they wonder if they got enough firepower for the likes of Overwatch.
- Genji and Pyro get into deflecting a grenade back and forth until it blows up in both of their faces.
- Torbjörn sets down a turret, only to get mowed down by three level 3 Engineer turrets and blown out of the area!
- Soldier rocket jumps to smash Pharah down to the ground with his shovel.
- Widowmaker and Sniper get into a Sniper Duel, with neither either close to hitting their mark except for him throwing out some Jarate at her!
- Demoman charges towards Brigitte with the Eyelander only to run smackdab into her shield. Just as she finishes scraping him off, she gets blown away by turrets.
- Demoman and Junkrat take time off of the fight to knock back some drinks and he tosses Junkrat the detonator to his bomb. Junkrat presses the button and it kills Reinhardt, but Bastion's still alive. Heavy comes in charging "I HATE ROBOTS!," making Bastion cower. Of course after seeing how long it takes for Heavy to charge up his gunnote , he goes into turret mode and immediately blows him out of the tunnel!
- Scout knocks out Solder:76 with his shotgun and runs inside for cover. Just as he's about to get some health packs, a noise startles him, along with Mei's voice. Going inside, he sees his teammates are frozen in horror, the whole thing presented like a slasher film as Mei has a devious Slasher Smile, ready to add Scout to her list of victims...until she starts freezing up and it turns out that Spy pulled a Big Damn Heroes and backstabbed her. And with the Spy-cicle no less.
- Of course Scout's not out of the woods as he gets into a match with resident speedster Tracer. She throws her chrono bomb at him, but he swings it back at her while aping her catchphrase "Cheers, luv. The cavalry's here." Of course she Recalls back to full health and then headshots him. She goes over to D.Va and says hey, only for her to suddenly headshot her...and it's Spy! Just as he's about to disguise himself as Tracer, his device isn't working and a familiar purple skull is on it. That's when Sombra pops up with a megaphone to shout "Been here all along."
- While Spy's running away crying, Medic and Heavy are charging towards Mercy and Winston. Winston goes primal and carries Heavy away, leaving Mercy to awkwardly say hello to Medic. Instead of Winston vs Heavy, his opponent is Saxton Hale, who proceeds to punch Winston so hard he's a Twinkle In The Sky. That makes Doomfist back away.
- The final play involves Zarya having pushed the cart to the end and killing the rest of the team by using her Graviton Surge to suck everyone and everything around them into a black hole. Heavy is ready to fight, but once he hears Zarya is Russian, and that they have a love for big guns, they just drop all conflict and kiss.
- Daitomodachi has Sombra Blackmails D.Va. D.Va has Sombra at gunpoint and lets Soldier:76 know she's captured her. She's upset that Sombra blew her mech up, especially since insurance only covers when D.Va self-destructs it. Just as she's considering shooting Sombra, Sombra asks what would Papa 76 say. D.Va says he'd call her a bad girl and he'd have to punish her. That's when she asks how Sombra knows she calls him Papa 76. Sombra announces she's hacked into her social media starting with her Wordpress blog, which has D.Va describing how 76 is "so flippant and yet so desirable." Her Twitch account is hacked, which has Sombra getting D.Va banned by having Widowmaker twerk on camera. Her Twitter, which has her replace a tweet Lucio's reading to something a bit more racist. Sombra says if D.Va kills her, all her dirty secrets will end up on Wikileaks, making her let Sombra go. 76 is disappointed and has to punish D.Va, which involves spanking her.
- "Katsuwatch: Bastet Rises" by dillongoo — an animator known for his Katsuwatch series of interpreting Overwatch heroes as adorable cats (among other animals) — is hilarious for two reasons. The first is the animation itself, which is an adorably comical and comically dramatic interpretation of the events following the cliffhanger to "Bastet", featuring cat versions of Soldier: 76 and Ana fighting off mouse versions of Hakim and his henchmen. The second is that this animation was actually commissioned by Blizzard themselves, in the works before the release of "Bastet" and supposedly with insider info of the canonical future events to base around, bringing an implication that in a very loose sense, some of it may in fact be canon.
- Jetpack Cat origin:The vacuums took my human. So I will take their lives.
- Mad Sombra Chase, a hillarious Overwatch themed parody of this chase scene from Teen Titans.
- Apparently, Mercy's many Skins have caused her to develop a bit of a cosplay problem...Tracer: Remember that time you dressed up as the Devil and sang the entire discography of Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny?
Devil!Mercy: I'm the devil, I love metal!
Tracer: Remember how weird that was?!
Mercy: Those riffs were fucking tasty, Lena!!
Pharah: Or that time you dressed up as a valkyrie and bought a horse and rode it into battle?
Valkyrie!Mercy: Valhalla awaits!
Pharah: You trampled three people and you kidnapped Lúcio.
Mercy: He was chosen as a worthy candidate for Valhalla!
- In this comic, Widowmaker has apparently found out that Tracer has a girlfriend and takes it...somewhat badly.note
Reaper: Amelie, we're on a mission. Can your gay drama wait like an hour—Widowmaker: ABSOLUTELY NOT, GABRIEL.
- Now animated!
- And to continue showing that Widowmaker just can't handle breakups, here's "Bonjour from the Other Side", which is basically Widowmaker singing a modified version of "Hello". The best part? She's doing this during a match, with Reaper yelling at her to stop and Sombra egging her on. The full song is here on the Youtube page of her VA, Tamara Fritz.
Widowmaker: They say time is supposed to heal you/But I require healing...
- Made even better by Mercy being thoroughly fed up with the lot of them.
Mercy: COME TO THE FUCKING LEDGE THEN!
- Tech Support Sombra. Hearing Reaper whine about slow internet might just be the best thing ever.
- This comic may look a little more normal with Mercy getting flustered on how Pharah has grown up nicely. What makes this funny is that Mercy's VA follows up Mercy's constant muttering of "Fuck"s into a series of Ear Worm-y 'Fuck' Opera. It has to be heard to be believed.
- Funnier still, that VA is Tiana Camacho, who would go on to voice a character from Overwatch's rival game Paladins, Seris. So you can imagine her doing the 'Fuck Opera' when things go awry.
- Bilingual Bonus: One of the commenters translated the German phrase "Mein Luftkissenboot ist voller Aale", which is used in the video during the depiction of the grown-up Pharah. It translates into "My hovercraft is full of eels"
- The Legend of the Two Dragons. Or, despite having forgiven him for practically murdering him, Genji still doesn't like his brother.
- This video, "What is Canon, Anyway?" highlights the many differences between Fanon!Reaper and Canon!Reaper. Specifically, it shows Fanon!Reaper and everyone's reactions to him, from enjoyment to utter confusion.
- Even better: the first three comments you see when you scroll down?
- Making fun of Widowmaker's name isn't a very wise decision, Reaper.
- How does Tracer and Soldier: 76 convince Reaper and Widowmaker to rejoin Overwatch? By offering them a copy of Kingdom Hearts III. Then they start singing "Simple and Clean" off-key while the two struggle on whether or not to take their offer. But when they do...(Reaper is seen wearing an Organization XIII coat, while Widowmaker is wearing Riku's Dark Mode outfit)76: Holy fuck, no. Those are not your new uniforms.Reaper: Oh, come on! We spent all day on these new costumes! This is the least ridiculous thing Overwatch agents have dressed in, I guarantee.Widowmaker: I am not changing.Reaper: She's not changing, Jack!
- Apparently, watching Disney movies before bed results in sexy lesbian dreams. Poor Angela... Even better is the outtake at the end:"Research into new methods of accelerated healing! Treatments to prolong humaned life!" (Beat) "Humaned? Humaned? Life that was once human, but is human no more. Yes! I believe there's a term for that, they're called fucking zombies! Is- is that what you want? Is that what you want? You want zombies? 'Cause that's how you get zombies. Anyway..."
- As it turns out, the Overwatch AWNN has been running into a common thread amongst the comics they've been dubbing; the mating cries of the Sombra.
- Fact: D.Va becomes a Creepy Child after drinking an absurd amount of Coke Zero.
- Even in the world of Overwatch fan comics, people always underestimate the IKEA gnom-I mean, engineers.
- D.Va and Lúcio attempt a charity livestream. Then Tracer discovers the energy drinks... Funny YouTube comments strike again!Jack Morrison: If they make me wear a sexy bunny costume again I swear I'm blowing them all up.
- Tracer somehow manages to get hold of Widowmaker's goggles. In playing around with them, she discovers they're also a personal computer. Filled with copious amounts of Tracer porn, much to her and D.Va's horror.Tracer: It's like Google without safesearch!
- Later, Widowmaker gets her goggles back. She runs a diagnostic on them and discovers that Tracer left behind a new folder. It's full of nude pictures, along with an address. Widowmaker suddenly has a pressing need to be somewhere and quickly runs off, leaving a dumbfounded Sombra staring at the camera.Sombra: ¡¿QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!
- In an alternate universe, Sombra attempted to dig in Lúcio's dirty little secret... only to find out that it's just about him keeping a pet frog. Named Beyoncé.Sombra: ¿QUE?
- Sombra discovers that blackmailing Zarya is a bad idea...
- Nobody stays dead these days. NOBODY. And another addition to Reinhardt's Bad Friends Hall of Fame. Highlights on that: Widowmaker drawn to look like an angry cartoon frog and "Lmao" said literally instead of being replaced with laughter.
- Even better is the comments section, which is filled to the brim with hilarious tidbits lampshading the aforementioned point.
- Genji discovers his brother's crush, and tries to set them up--despite Hanzo's strenuous objections.Genji: I bet Hanzo would accompany you. [quietly] I'm winking
- Pharah's flirting with Mercy goes a little
wrong:[Pharah's heart literally jets out of her chest]Mercy: (startled scream)Pharah: (screaming in pain)Pharah's Heart: [seductively] NyoomPharah: (scream continues)
- The Zeitgeist of Zenthulhu is funny enough. Then there's the fact that most of the comments are warning Zenyatta about the tentacle porn lovers.
- "What's Shimada with you?" Let's just say Jesse deserves what's coming.
- And then there's this little tidbit from Hanzo's VA: "With every death comes honor
but not this time because that was a terrible pun! DISHONOR! DISHONOR ON YOU!"
- And the commenters are complaining that he wasted a perfectly good opportunity to do the "Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your family! Dishonor on your cow!" joke.
- And then there's this little tidbit from Hanzo's VA: "With every death comes honor but not this time because that was a terrible pun! DISHONOR! DISHONOR ON YOU!"
- With the announcement of Moira, we have this, perfectly summed up by the comment "When your ex finds out where you live." And with Sombra's absence, Doomfist is the one to ask "¿Que?"
- Workplace Drama
- Gabe and Amélie chat over their new co-worker, Sombra. Gabe thinks she been "saucy" since the leaks. Amélie disagrees. What happens next needs to be seen for yourself.
- So after a bit, we have Lena introducing Dr. Ziegler to Emily. All goes well until Emily introduces herself as "Emily Lindholm"note , to the utter shock of Angela and Lena.
- And since Moira was a former Overwatch operative, let's just say that it's hard to hide her passions in the workplace. And Dr. Ziegler knows.
- Doomfist and Widowmaker attempt to recruit Hanzo into Talon, believing that their goals align and with the intention of restoring his family's empire, respectively. Hanzo had this to say:Hanzo: So, you're telling me I should join a terrorist organization, forfeit my personal code of honor under the assumption I want my family's empire back at all costs... and you don't even have dental. (Beat) Y'all thirsty as fuck.
Doomfist: I don't require beverages. What are you talking about- oh.
Hanzo: Ha! You guys aren't getting your hands on that ass. Suck it.
Doomfist: This is uncomfortable for everyone.
- Talon's new team member is "super professional."
- While Reaper is away, his teammatesnote go into his room and steal his clothes, in a reference to Teen Titans. And as icing on the cake, the VAs recorded their own version of the theme song from that show and added it to the video as a bonus. Team Talon Go!
- In this episode, Mei asks how Mercy always looks so young. Mercy reveals that she's actually a Hamon user and the beam coming out of the Caduceus Staff is Hamon. That's when Mei reveals she's a vampire a la Dio Brando. The two of them square off with 76 being quite confused and wondering if this is a JoJo reference, even as the panel ends on the series trademark <-TO BE CONTINUED.
- So after a few... drinks! Mercy sings the hits!!!note . It's something. Something that she will NEVER live down.
- And Encore!!!note . Thanks Tracer.
- When three Widowmakers get together, the result is... not as sexy as you'd think.Widowmaker: God, now they're just buttstroking me to death. Please, Lena, help!
Tracer: Sounds gay. I'm in.
Mercy: No the hell you are not!
- Tracer is tasked with training a young new recruit to Overwatch. That new recruit is Brigitte who's not only taller than Tracer, but a bit younger with Brigitte being 23 and Tracer 26.
- D.Va comes in to see a sleepy Brigitte. Brigitte talks about how Gustav wouldn't let her out of bed. D.Va groans, thinking she's talking about a boyfriend. When she looks at the phone and sees that Gustav is actually Brigitte's cat, she starts crying!
- When Sombra discovers D.Va's birthday gift to Lúcio she decides to have a little fun. D.Va is not amused.
Dinoflask is a creator specializing in taking several of Jeff Kaplan's Overwatch Developer Updates and splicing voice clips together into numerous clips. His videos have gotten so popular and memetic (as well as endorsed by Kaplan himself) that they warrant their own folder:
- His first entry was made shortly after the release of "Reflections," discussing the revelalation that Tracer is gay (with some jabs against the game's competitive matchmaking system for good measure). The end result can only be described as magnificent.Kaplan : Something I hear a lot / is / competitive play / completely unbalanced / but / the reason / you get matched / you know, / against / the best pro gamer, e-sport / enemy team / and you feel like / your teammates / they're all / playing the game / with / no / hands / is because / all of us on the Overwatch team and at Blizzard / we / feed / on / your / negative experience.
Kaplan: We've announced / Tracer / is / a / gay character / we've been following the discussion, we know it's a very heated debate of people wanting more / and more / and more / and more / and we really wanna create this feel and excitement for you guys of "Wow, who knows what / character / will be / gay / the next time I log in." / For example / we have / a lot of feelings / between / Reaper / and / Torbjörn.
- Dinoflask later made a similar video, this time talking about a random assortment of player concerns, and it's just as hilarious.Kaplan: You can now see / who is / playing the / worst / on your team / so you can / very politely / tell the person, y'know, hey dude, maybe / you should / choke / on my / Lijiang Tower / and then / fa— / king / kill / yourself.
Kaplan: In the / 2017 / patch, / we've extended the distance of [Symmetra's] beam, at which it locks on. / She's / a long range beam sniper now, / and / her turrets / are now replaced with / little, um, / McCree- / -s / that / scr- / -eam / "It's / mid- / -day" / every / three seconds.
- Hilarious in Hindsight thanks to Moira, who does lock on for main attack and have a long range beam sniper.
- Dinoflask strikes again with another video talking about topics like Hook 2.0, Oasis, and the new hero Jeff from the Overwatch team. Again, it's still gutbustingly hilarious.Kaplan: A lot of things / are bugged / for example / if you're / on / that jump pad / and you / hook / a player / who is / running / behind / a / tree / you might end up on point 2 of Ilios.
- Dinoflask strikes yet another time, this time satirizing PTR changes and Chinese New Year updates. The highlight is when he discusses the decision-making process for what features make it into the game: Fast and aggressive wrestling.Kaplan: I tend to / win more of the time, because / I can have any / one of the guys on the Overwatch team / pinned down / and / plead / —ing / for / Mercy / in / 17 / seconds. / Y'know, / as the / saying / goes / here at Blizzard, / "Wrestle with / Jeff, / prepare / for / death."
- Later on, he posted another video on the Lunar New Year event, which has its own laughs (So / we plan / to grow/ Mei's / ass ... so that / by the / end of June / it will be / large enough / to / balance / 6 / Roadhogs / on / top / of it), but The Stinger is the highlight, where Jeff raps his own version of "You reposted in the wrong neighborhood!" A slightly extended version of the song was uploaded in a separate video two hours later, and it's as ridiculous as it is awesomely catchy.Get on the PTR, the new patch is neat.
Heard that Ana was too hard to beat,
so now she's lost her other eye.
Ana mains, prepare to cry.
'bout to form a party.
Let's get it started.
I'm looking for a team with 2 tanks and a lot of health,
Instalocking Hanzo? Fucking kill yourself.
- And now we have one about Orisa and the Bastion changes.Kaplan: Orisa is a brand new character. / She has a really cool backstory, so we wanna talk a little bit about that and introduce you to how Orisa came to be: So, it was / uh, during the / Blizzard / New Year / party, / and, um, / keep in mind / that / it's / very / late / into the / night / at this point. / Y'know, / I'm / rolling / around / on the / floor / pre- / -tend- / -ing / to be / Junkrat's / Ultimate ability, / and, uh, / Tom Chilton, who is the Game Director on World of Warcraft, / he / comes / up / to me, / and just / before / he / passed / out, / Tom sort of said, y'know, / "What / if you / take / Reinhardt's Barrier Shield, / Zarya's Graviton... Charge, / and / Mercy's / damage boost, / and, um, y'know, / put 'em / all / into / some sort of / robotic / c- / -ow?", / and / the more I / thought about this, / the more I / realized that / this is / exactly what / Overwatch / needs to have / right now.
Kaplan: We've been working on Bastion, re-tuning him to be more effective against / every other Hero / in the game, / and we know that, um, some of the / changes / there are questionable right now, like sometimes you'll / check out the patch notes, / and be / left / wondering / if / the entire / patch / was / put / together / by / some sort of / omnic / sympath- / -i- / -zer. / In fact, we / made / Bastion / so / powerful / that / he's / now / in control / of all / of Blizzard, / so, um, y'know, / I, / for / one, / welcome / our new / omnic / over- / -lor- / -ds, / and so / should / all of you guys.
- Behold! New hero details, plus increased player punishments! In which Cool and Unusual Punishment for trolls and griefers gets taken to new heights.Kaplan: What we're gonna do / is go out and / capture / those people, / and / force / them / to / test / my / new / Doomfist / cos / play, / which / basically / involves / me / punch / ing / them in / the / face / while / scream / ing, / "Numbani / belongs / to me!" / for about / twenty hours a day.
- Continuing on, Jeff discussing the future of the OWL, the new year and the return of his facial hair.Kaplan: I'll be / growing / it / until / it's / long enough / to / strangle / a particular / person / who / made me / sit / in front of / a / log- / fire / for a very long time / so / that should feel pretty good.
- As it's almost an entire year after "Reflections" came out, Jeff announces a list of characters who are also gay in The Stinger, which includes Mercy, Pharah, Athena, "Hollywood Car Guy", Pachimari, Sombra's Translocator, Pyro, Scout, Talon Tank, "Pretty Much Everyone in Numbani", Moira's Healing Orb But Not Moira's Damage Orb, "You lol", Genju and Hanbo. Also, this image of a flying orca shooting Soldier: 76◊ flashes at the ending.
- One-Trick Parade is Jeff "singing" his version of "Welcome to the Black Parade." by My Chemical Romance.Kaplan: When I was / a young Jeff / my father took me into Numbani / to see the Mercy mains. Um, he said / "Son when / you grow up / would you play / the heroes that your team needs / support them all the way?"
- Now in steamed ham edition!