"Stop!" hissed the alien in an asthmatic wheeze. "I command you Earthlings to stop! I am not funny, do you hear me? I AM NOT FUNNY!"
The most common physical response to an in-universe Funny Moment: a character gripping his stomach in pain and laughing hard enough to make their eyes start watering. Some characters may remain standing, others may roll around on the floor or have to sit down.
Not related to Die Laughing...usually.
- In the Great Teacher Onizuka manga, Kunio Murai spots Onizuka walking around with an ugly, fat older woman, and has this reaction before learning that the lady in question is his friend's mother.
Kunio: BWA HA HA HA HA! I thought bestiality was illegal in this country!
- In his climatic fight vs. Odin, Kenichi Shirahama starts to imitate his various masters in order to throw off Odin's Awesomeness by Analysis Kung-Fu Clairvoyance. Some masters cheer with pride at seeing Kenichi imitate them, while others nervously deny that they look or sound like that - and then Kenichi delivers a spot-on imitation of Akisame Koetsuji, complete with short lecture. Akisame states his approval...while the other masters crack up. Even Kousaka Shigure has a hard time holding it in.
- Commonly displayed by the Hikaru and Kaoru in Ouran High School Host Club, particularly when they manage to get the better of Tamaki. See the episode where Tamaki utterly fails to impersonate Haruhi and resulting Ocular Gushers from the laughing twins.
- Haruhi herself gets her turn to laugh in episode 9 when the boys of the Host Club all crossdress in an attempt to win her over.
- An earlier episode of One Piece has Nami and Usopp dying of laughter after Zoro shoved his glass of water down Luffy's throat where the latter had flicked a booger into it.
- This occured during the Enies Lobby arc between two members of CP9, Jabra and Kaku, both of whom are Zoan-type Devil Fruit users. Jabra is a wolf, and Kaku...is a giraffe. The first time Jabra sees his comrade's transformation, both in full-giraffe and half-giraffe forms, he laughs himself silly. Kaku finally tells him to shut it, which Jabra does...for a couple of seconds, upon which Kaku's long ears twitch twice and sends Jabra into gut-busting hysterics. Then Kaku actually starts fighting with it. And shears the entire Enies Lobby headquarters in half.
- During the Dressrosa arc the villain Pica, who has eaten the Stone Stone Fruit and can turn himself into a stone colossus happens to have a very high, squeaky voice. The sheer dichotomy of The Big Guy having such a voice causes Luffy, Zorro and some of their allies to bust a gut laughing. It makes Pica go berserk.
- In the third Puella Magi Madoka Magica drama CD, Mami makes Kyoko call an attack while fighting a witch as payback for when she ridiculed Mami's tendency to give her attacks names. Kyoko eventually complies, but once the battle is over, she laughs so hard she can't breathe because she found it so absurd and embarrassing.
- In Kiki's Delivery Service, Kiki falls victim to this after the bicycle she and Tombo are riding goes over a cliff, but they're miraculously unharmed. Her face eventually twists into a somewhat pained expression when the laughter becomes too much for her, and she has to rub tears from her eyes from laughing so hard.
- In A Growing Affection, Anko suffers a fit of uncontrollable laughter (even dropping what she is holding and gasping for breath) after she finds out where Hinata hid during the stealth and tracking test. Hinata went to Naruto's apartment and watched him practice his weapons, going so far as to ask him to take off his shirt, first.
- A Spartan In Westeros: the Spin-Off A History of the Spartan and the Starks mentions that Daeron I asked King Cregan Stark for his help in his campaign against Dorne, only for the Northern king to tell him he would not get his people in an unnecessary war. Then, Daeron said he was sure the Spartan would aid him. Cregan laughed so hard he had to be treated for chest pains.
- In Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past, when Luna manages to get her Patronus, it turns out to be a duck-billed platypus, and Ron congratulates her for having an imaginary creature as a Patronus, only for Hermione to tell him it's a real creature, much to his disbelief. Harry, in the meantime, laughed so much he started to see spots.
- A short but simple example from near the end of Mattimeo
Orlando laughed so hard he hurt his jaw.
- In Skin Game, when Dresden explains to Murphy exactly what's giving him those frequent headaches, she hits the floor laughing, unable to get herself under control for at least a quarter hour, and has giggling fits when she looks at his dour expression for some time after.
- In Quest for Glory IV, after you use the Ultimate Joke, Ad Avis laughs like crazy and clutches his abdomen, giving you the opportunity to skewer or zap him to death.
- In the Servant Materials of Fate/Grand Order, Atalante learns from Sasaki Kojiro that Medea went from a sweet child that she cared for to a bitter witch. Atalante laughs so hard from the agony that she faints. On the surface, it's played for laughs, but given how close the two were shown to be in Fate/Apocrypha, it's likely that Atalante blames herself for not protecting Medea.
- In Three Jaguars, Business Manager has this reaction to the article Artist found about a writer who didn't want to have to deal with the publishing side of things.
- In Sinfest, Slick clutches his stomach while laughing.
- This gem from Rocko's Modern Life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnk6aXe5Umc
- One of Kim Possible's mission outfits in "Clothes Minded" was a ridiculous-looking anime-style mecha suit that caused Drakken and Shego to collapse in a fit of laughter:
Drakken: Oh, Shego, my sides hurt!
Shego: I know! I know! Where are the Fashion Police when you need 'em?
- One of the closing scenes of the Superman: The Animated Series "World's Finest" three-parter has a variation. Mercy Graves, in bandages with a broken arm and ribs, laughs at a news report of Harley Quinn being hauled back to Arkham, then winces as the motion sets off her various sore spots.
- King Leonardo and His Short Subjects: The two-part arc "He Who Laughs Last" and "Long Laugh Leonardo" had Biggy Rat and Itchy Brother incapacitating the King and Bongo Congo with continuous laughter as a whole by stealing Odie Cologne's "Smile" perfume and permeating the air with it. Odie was not affected as the villains trapped him in a kettle of another perfume, which Odie uses as an antidote.
- One episode of The Backyardigans has the God of Laughter (Austin) inflict this on Tyrone, resulting in the latter laughing uncontrollably. Like, rolling-on-the-floor-clutching-his-belly-begging-for-mercy laughing.