- Team Fourstar's Dragon Ball Abridged:Piccolo: Makansap... Makakasapapa... Mekasapo... Oh, to hell with it. Special Beam Cannon!
Goku: Is that what you're going to yell out when you OH GOD!!!
- Vegeta actually gets three in episode 10, one in each part. First when evenly matched in a Beam-O-War with Goku only for him to pull a Kaio-ken times four, then when the Spirit Bomb misses but is deflected back towards him by Gohan, and finally when he cuts off Oozaru Gohan's tail only to realize he just knocked a giant monkey out of the air when it was right above him and he was too tired to get away.Vegeta: I'm the best around! No one's ever gonna keep me down... oh NOOOOOO!!!
- Vegeta does it again half a dozen episodes later when Zarbon charges him after transforming.Zarbon: IMMA RAPE YA, BITCH!
Vegeta: Seriously, you're not any different, you're just a lot less subtle about OH MY GOD!! (whunch)
- And in Episode 28 when Freeza No Sells Goku's Kaioken empowered Kamehameha.Freeza: No seriously, kaio-what?
Freeza: I thought so. [blasts Goku]
- Several characters, including Gohan, Krillin, and Trunks, have this amusing exchange:Character 1: Oh, crap baskets.
Character 2: Oh, you say that, too.
- Vegeta's quiet "Oh no" when Android Thirteen grabs him after No Selling his attack.
- The slow dawning realization Android 17 gets when he realizes Piccolo was setting up the Hellzone Grenade attack.Android 17: Um, I stopped dodging! Seriously, are even trying to hit me?
Android 17: What do you mean 'no'? (starts noticing the hovering balls of ki) Ohhh! (And more...) Ohhhh... (And even more) Ohhhh, shit...
- Uttering "OH SHIT!" is a Running Gag with Cell, who says it whenever he gets caught straight in whatever beam attack his opponent uses on him. It eventually becomes his Famous Last Words when Gohan beats him in their final Beam-O-War (if you don't count his musical number).
- Vegeta actually gets three in episode 10, one in each part. First when evenly matched in a Beam-O-War with Goku only for him to pull a Kaio-ken times four, then when the Spirit Bomb misses but is deflected back towards him by Gohan, and finally when he cuts off Oozaru Gohan's tail only to realize he just knocked a giant monkey out of the air when it was right above him and he was too tired to get away.
- Happens numerous times in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series.Kaiba: With this card, I'll be able to combine three of my Blue Eyes White Dragons in order to summon a monster without peer! A monster so powerful, that—
Yami: For the love of Ra, just play the damn card already.
Kaiba: Fine. [summons the monster] Come forth, Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon!
Yami: Oh... poopy!
- Chrysalis has a Mass "Oh, Crap!" from both the Rangers and the Mooks when Zach flips the hell out due to one Mind Rape too many from Queen, and traps them both in the Psychocrypt device. Then, Doc reads that, somehow, Zach has triggered his implant...
- Half Past Adventure: Robin and Princess Cookie have one when they realize Macy could be having a panic attack somewhere in Bubblegum Castle.
- To Hell and Back (Arrowverse)
- Just about any time anyone committing a crime catches sight of one of the three leads' vigilante alter-egos.
- The trio when they realize that Fort Rozz has been on Earth for the last ten years.
- Hartley Rathaway, when Barry exposes his plan to escape the Pipeline.
- Barry when he sees a newspaper from the future and realizes who (or rather, what) Dr. Wells actually is.
- Germany and Japan were definitely thinking this in Gankona, Unnachgiebig, Unità when they finally realized what touching Italy's curl meant. They were also thinking this as Italy ran away from them due to them beating the crap out of each other.
- In Order In Chaos the commanders of both a Centauri House Militia combined fleet and the Orieni exploration fleet they were fighting have one when they realize the Minbari squadron that just jumped in wasn't there by coincidence but was searching for one such a battle to show the galaxy why you don't want to provoke the Minbari, even by accident. Curb-Stomp Battle ensued.
- Following on this, the commander of a Centauri trading outpost had one when a Minbari warship showed up, and immediately reminded his men about the strange Minbari traditions. Thankfully these Minbari were just delivering an ultimatum...
- The whole Orieni Empire had one when they learned the Centauri have just invented the mass driver, the setting's way to deliver a Colony Drop. Given what happens when the Centauri finally drive back the Orieni and invade their space, it's Justified. Even if the first hint of the mass driver's existence hadn't been a world having its geography rearranged.
- Also, the ship discovering of its existence has a massive one when they do, because they also realize the Centauri ship mounting that weapon is aiming it at them.
- Along Came a Spider has Conal Ward discover that his direct subordinate, who he's advocated for election as Khan, is not only dead (wasting all the political capital) but has been dead for more than a day - which he should have known about, so he's just discredited himself publicly.
- Calvin and Hobbes: The Series has several instances.
- From "The Black Turning Funnel" - Part 1's cliffhanger when the tornado is approaching ("Help. Cry for help."), and twice in Part 2 - once when Calvin realizes Gravity Is a Harsh Mistress, and once more when Calvin realizes that his parents are coming home, and there are a bunch of barnyard animals in the yard.
- In An End To All Things, this is pretty much everyone's reaction to what Okazaki does when Kotomi's godfather shows up.
- A common reaction to a great many things in Tiberium Wars. For example, GDI troops have a spazzing panic attack whenever they encounter the Black Hand (for good reason), and the Nod troops have one when they encounter an entire division of Mammoth Tanks.
- In Cinema Snob Reviews Frozen (a fan comic where The Cinema Snob reviews Frozen), Snob does this when Kristoff asks Anna about her parents telling her not to talk to strangers, because he thinks the film will go into Too Smart for Strangers territory. He is so grateful when it doesn't.
- Happens in the first chapter of Ace Combat: The Equestrian War. Spitfire yells: "What the hay?!" before the turrets open fire at the Wonderbolts.
- When The Burning Talon's laser destroys the gates of Cloudsdale in chapter 8, Lightning Bolt, Derpy and Soarin' just stare at it for a while, realizing they are screwed.
- Ironic Echo: the griffins have the same reactions two chapters later when said superweapon is destroyed.
- Firefly has this moment when she realizes Scythe is about to perform a Suicide Attack as he tries to bomb Stalliongrad.
- Red Cyclone gets a glorious moment when Firefly arrives to help Rainbow Dash in destroying Fortress Intimidation.
- Children of an Elder God: In chapter 4 Asuka clings to Shinji, driving Rei mad with jealousy. When Touji realized quiet, soft-spoken Rei was mad, he got this reaction.They heard a growl.
It wasn't just your ordinary growl, from a dog or a wolf. This was a deep growl, the sort of growl that suggested monstrous origins, dark and shadowy nights, and the promise of endless hours of pain. It was accompanied by a blast of cold running down their spines. The two turned around, slowly.
Rei was staring at Asuka, intensely, her face twisted in anger. Her fists were clenched, shaking slightly. It was hard to tell in the sunlight, but they thought they saw her blood red eyes glow brightly for a moment.
"Ohshit," whispered Touji. "She's mad."
- During the Avatar Island arc of Dungeon Keeper Ami, Mercury defeats and kills the Keeper, Self-proclaimed 'Emperor' Zarekos, currently sole despot of the Avatar Islands. The Oh, Crap! moment comes in when Zarekos comes back as a Ghost. Considering the guy was a Dungeon Keeper, and the souls of Dungeon Keepers go to the Realms of the Dark Gods when they are killed or their Dungeon Hearts are destroyed, him coming back after having been physically killed is a major reversal moment. Of course, he was in the process of making himself a god prior to his physical death.
- Last Child of Krypton: In chapter 2 a plane is crashing down. Shinji manages to straighten it and stabilize it. Then he notices he missed the airport.Shinji:Great.
- Superwomen of Eva 2: Lone Heir of Krypton:
- Touji got this expression when his Lets blackmail Asuka plan went awry:"Look, does it really matter how I know?" Toji asked smugly. "The fact is that unless you want everyone to know who Power Girl is, you'll have to do exactly what I say."
"Which is?" she asked through clenched teeth.
Toji withdrew a very minimal white bikini from somewhere and held it up. "Tomorrow after school, you're going to put this on, along with your mask, cape, and that wig you wear. Then you're going to model while Kensuke takes pictures, and the two of us are going to become obscenely rich."
To the jock's surprise, Asuka's response was to grin. "What ?" he stammered.
"Oh, stooge, you don't know much I've been waiting for a good excuse to hurt you," she said happily, cracking her knuckles.
"Crap," Toji said.
- So did the leader of the Cult Asuka was fighting when she showed up to save Shinji from them, the leader tried to persuade Asuka to join them and then she realized she had only got Asuka even angrier.
- Touji got this expression when his Lets blackmail Asuka plan went awry:
- There are tons of examples in An Entry with a Bang!, starting with the initial pirate raid in 2005, when people on Earth realize that they're getting visited by what they thought was a purely fictional universe.
- The Inner Sphere rediscovering the value of the TAG (Target Acquisition Gear) warning light, courtesy of Earth's laser guided munitions, also qualifies. Not that most of them survive the lesson, mind you...
- The pirates get one when Earth starts firing nukes at their fleet.
- Rise of the Galeforces:
Bob: My God... WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?!
- Chapter 8: Adam gets this when he realizes that his old enemy has returned. "Hello, brother."
- Bob, David, and Dash gets one in Chapter 13 when Dynacide shows up.
David: "Oh FUCK! EVERYONE OFF THE BOAT!!!"
- At the start of Chapter 17, Violet has a nightmare in which she's in the scene in the first Jurassic Park movie when the Tyrannosaurus rex breaks out of its pen; she only has a moment to scream in terror when she sees the blood-red eyes staring straight at her. She gets another Oh, Crap! moment later in the same chapter when a real T. rex shows up.
- There's a Mass "Oh, Crap!" moment in Chapter 19 and Chapter 24, both times after the heroes are reunited... just in time for the Spinosaurus to show up.
- Another T-rex elicits this reaction from Violet, Helen, and Dash in Chapter 20, when they realize that it's smack in the middle of their campsite. From the same chapter, Vi gets a minor one when she discovers that Velociripper has found his way back to Isla Nublar.
- Chapter 21: "It's a bird cage."
- Chapter 22: "Carnotaurus! EVERYONE, RUN FOR THE HILLS!" And then the rest of the family get this when Violet is captured.
- Chapter 23: Violet again gets this right before she gets injected with dinosaur serum... and mutated into a T. rex.
- Chapter 28: Sarah and Vi upon meeting the baby Dilophosaurus, in a Shout-Out to Jurassic Park. Then again after Vi's fingers are melted to the bone by its acidic spit.
- Chapter 29, when the dinosaur army bursts out of the HMS BP's cargo hold:
Frozone: Hold on to your butts...
- Chapter 30: Tony and Kari get this when the Spinosaurus attacks the house. From the same chapter, there's also a Mass "Oh, Crap!" from the adult Supers as Kate goes berserk.
But then I noticed that the gang leader wasn't looking at me. His gaze was, very, very slowly, turning upwards. That was when we heard a snort behind us. I noticed that I'd been backed into the rock in the middle of the clearing.
- Chapter 31: A bunch of mooks get this after messing with the wrong character, resulting in a Bring My Brown Pants moment. Helen puts it this way:
- Also from Chapter 31: Kari, when Velociripper breaks into her house. Then Terrordactyl when a bunch of Kronosaurus turn up in the middle of the harbor fight. Then Splashdown upon seeing Ludlow's army.
- Chapter 34: Helen actually utters the trope name upon seeing GLaDOS. Everyone else is quick to join in the Mass "Oh, Crap!" moment until Neo reveals that he managed to turn the robot around. Then Sarah and Dash get this when the HMS Bubonic Plague blows up, and Adam when Ripper reveals himself to be Not Quite Dead. And Ripper himself only has enough time to let out a Big "NO!" when he is finally Killed Off for Real.
- Chapter 35: First Sarah, then Adam let out an anguished Big Word Shout when they think that Violet has been killed off. And in the end, Ludlow lets out "a long, loud, high-pitched, piercing scream of complete and absolute terror" before and while he really is killed off.
- In the Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Warhammer 40,000 crossover Son of the Warp, Joseph is absolutely terrified when he realizes that Tzeentch is his father - and, therefore, he is living in the 40k universe.
- In the Star Trek/Babylon 5 fan-made spoof film Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning, this happens more often than would be reasonable to recount here.
- The Stars Will Aid Their Escape: Everyone in Ponyville when they see the Dark Young for the first time.
- The Princesses when they begin to realize what they're dealing with.
- Twilight, doing research into what's happening, finds references to the "Messenger of the Old Ones" and its multiple titles, including "Herald of the Outer Gods"... and realizes that the stranger she's alone with just introduced himself as "Herald".
- The rest of the Mane Cast and Luna when they realize that Rainbow Dash rushing after Herald after he drove Twilight insane is a trap he's laid.
- Celestia and Luna when they finally confront Herald and recognize him as Nyarlathotep.
- They have another one when they realize that the eclipse is weakening them, and that they, not the Element Bearers, are Herald's targets.
- Everyone else's reaction when they see the results of the above.
- Then there's a Mass "Oh, Crap!" when Shub-Niggurath starts emerging.
- In The Prayer Warriors, Ron's reaction after he realizes that Harry Potter has been killed and his key has been stolen by the Prayer Warriors is to fall "to his feet" in shock, immediately before Ebonynote kills him.
- In The Boy with the Magic Notebook, The Undersiders thought they were in deep trouble when they thought they heard that Dragon (A well-known Tinker heroine, way out of their league) had arrived at the PRT headquarters during their raid. However, Lily's giggling meant that she knew it was really her brother Maxwell. Which was actually worse.Regent: Yeah thats nice, only its not Dragon. I said a dragon. Im talking about a fire breathing, laser shooting, robot dragon thats tearing up the lobby.
- While not as loud as other examples, Naruto the Zoroark from A New World, A New Way sidestory Swarm has one when he wakes up in the palace of the Changling Empire, whom at the time he thinks are Bug Pokemon.
- In Game of Touhou, Yuyuko has this reaction when Nue and her Faceless Men are about to kill her. Yukari is a subversion, she realizes that her teleporting magic isn't working anymore and see that she'll be covered in spiders and die but accepts it.
- In The Bridge, this is almost the universal expression when the ponified Godzilla reverts back into his true form for his Big Damn Heroes moment. The Gyaos flock is shocked upon recognizing who it is, and all of Canterlot is gaping at the mass power output he's giving off and how gigantic the dinosaur is.
- Monsters In Paradise: During a Pokémon battle, a Delcatty uses Ice Beam to freeze a Blastoise's cannon, preventing it from successfully using Hydro Pump. A bit later, he is forced to use Return to counter Blastoise's Skull Bash, only to realize too late that the resulting clash broke the ice apart.
- The False God and the Lonely God - Count Iblis from the original Battlestar Galactica meets the Doctor.
- In The Story To End All Stories, Batman realizes he is about to be swallowed up by the Nothing. Also towards the end when it seems our heroes can no longer outrun it.
- There are multiple cases of this in Fantasy of Utter Ridiculousness. As one example, Sakuya realizes while spying on Coop, Jamie and Kiva that the "statue" she was hiding against was really a magus. She was wrong about this, but considering Megas had just gotten done blasting a hole in the moon, her fear was justified.
- In The Western Sky - Series 2 this is Andrew's reaction when he finds himself in Jet Set Willy's mansion and a levitating blade starts chasing him. Harry has the same reaction when he and Prue find themselves in LEGO Star Wars and he uses the Force to blow up a building.
- In Potter's Protector this is Xander's reaction when he walks out of the Hogwarts bathroom stall he was transported to and comes face-to-face with Harry, Hermione and the troll from first year.
- In Slipped this is Emmett's reaction when Rosalie overhears Harry stating that Jasper raped and bit him.
- There are several in Child of the Storm, but perhaps the most epic is Lucius Malfoy's in chapter 77, when he finds out just how badly he's been Out-Gambitted:The English language did not have a word that encapsulated the utter horror of realising that all your efforts, all your best laid plans and most cunning manoeuvres have been nothing more than a small part of someone else's grander scheme. Nor did it have a word that described the feeling where you thought you were writing your own song, but found that it was merely a small part of a greater symphony. Nor did it have one that described how you felt when, in fact, your very worst fears had just come true. But if there were such words, he would have used them.
- And then taking it Up to Eleven is when his supposed ally, Alexander Pierce, stabs him in the back and refuses to help. As the narration lampshades, Lucius is not used to being on the receiving end of treachery.
- In the sequel, pretty much everyone has this reaction after hearing a few words.I AM LIFE. I AM FIRE. NOW AND FOREVER... I. AM. PHOENIX!
- Hermione Granger has a minor moment in Harry Potter and the Lack of Lamb Sauce during their first Potions lesson with Gordon Ramsay who declares that textbooks are a crutch and if any of the students want to truly excel as potion makers, they have to learn how to improvise and trust their instincts when brewing.
- In crossover story A Certain Electric Deliveryman, Cole and Harms have this response when they watch a smuggled video of the Espers in Academy City and their being trained.
- In crossover A Fake Hero, Shirou's overall reaction when he saw the number of missed call's he had from Irisviel and the realization what she will do to him when he gets home.
- The Institute Saga:
- DC Nation: Happened to Terra twice during the final brawl in "Strangers." Dark Angel's spell had swapped out several Titans with evil counterparts, with those under the spell feeling for the villain how they felt for the person they got swapped for. Terra got swapped out with Fauna, Beast Boy's current girlfriend. In the middle of the fight, the spell is broken, and Gar realizes that Terra not only tricked him for a second time, but just tried to kill his girlfriend. She still thinks he's the Joke Character he was at fifteen, only to realize he's Taken A Level In Badass since then. And just when Terra manages to incapacitate him? That's when Fauna hits her limit and comes within inches of decapitating Terra!
- In Jewel of Darkness, this is Robin's literal reaction when he realizes that Midnight's returned in the second arc.
- In Earth 27, Green Arrow has this reaction when he realizes he just cheated on his girlfriend with her own sister, who was under orders from his evil ex-girlfriend.
- In Swimming in Terror, it's mentioned that "the chef got stiff" when Hibiki disproves his argument that Pekoyama killed Kimmie Rin, thereby getting one step closer to proving that he's the killer.
- System Restore
- Tanaka has one after realizing that the list of viable suspects has been reduced to him and Sonia. It's subtly implied that it's not out of fear of getting caught, but because he knows that he didn't do it, meaning only Sonia could be the culprit, something he does not want to be true.
- Togami has one that he tries to keep subdued in Chapter 3 when Nanami suggests that she knows he isn't the real Togami.
- Used as a Precision F-Strike in Kira Is Justice, when Justin realizes Near figures out Kira is in Chicago. He literally thinks, "Oh, crap."
- The entire fanfic Zenith, Darkness, Reverie was intended as a combination of these and Fridge Horror. From Kira's "Salutations, Kali", Kali's mental state does not improve...
- Rules: Comedic example. After convincing her to give up the Death Note, Light breaks up with Misa. Misa, being Misa, harasses him by constantly calling him, begging him to take her back, which only ends thanks to a Boyfriend Bluff using Friendly Enemy Charlie. Thus, you can imagine how horrified Light is when she shows up in person, on campus, trying to win him back.
- In the Digimon Tamers fic Dimensions, during the first Extra Dimensions side-story, Rika gets one when her mother uses Rika's point-of-view gun to make Rika model for a photo shoot.
- The Tamers Forever Series has multiple examples:
- From Takato when he accidently grabs Rika's backside.
- From Takato and Terriermon when they realise Devitamamon is standing right behind them.
- From Henry when he opens his door to see an extremely pissed of Rika.
- From MegaGargomon whenever their Mighty Glacier status turns against them.
- As beffiting their status as Knights Of Cerebus, Daemon and ChaosGallantmon tend to inspire this reaction on a regular basis.
- In the tales of A.A. Pessimal, Assassins' Guild student Horst Lensen is introduced as the worst sort of "White South African", or Discworld equivalent of. His life is a depressing series of "Oh Crap!" moments, beginning on his very first day as a Guild student where he offends one of his tutors, who is not only black but a Princess of her people, by dismissing her as a "kaffir housegirl". Humiliation is followed by realising that his Housemaster, Mr Mericet, is not very impressed either. Re-encountered in the tale Gap Year Adventures, he realises his life is dependent on two very capable girls who are both graduate Assassins who have to rescue him from misadventures of his own making. As he has spent the previous seven years making loud disparaging comments about a woman's place being in the kitchen or the nursery, another escalating series of "Oh Crap!" moments inevitably follows. The only thing to do is to learn fast and realise they're in charge. And neither has much of a reason to like him very much.
- similarly, the two Far Überwaldeannote witches, Olga and Irena, use the word govno alomst like a punctuation marker. Attepts at more serious Russian swearing went Up to Eleven, and not in a good way. Olga has her "Oh, Govno!" moment when, on a routine Air Police flight, a negligiently flown Magic Carpet collides with her broomstick. The far more powerful magical field of the carpet shorts out that of her broomstick, and she is left realising that this parachute thing - so far unproven - had better work as well as Leonard of Quirm believed it should when he was working out the theory... several more moments when Olga is moved to say "Govno!", as well as "Bly'at!" and even "Der'mo!" happen in quick succession - note
- Ghost has one in Clear Skies 3 when he realizes that his cyno jammer is gone.
- Never Had A Friend Like Me: Norm the Genie gets a new master, a young girl named Amanda. He becomes rather attached to her and tries hiding his past from her. This is his reaction when she summons him right in front of Timmy and his fairies.
- Anti-Cosmo and Head Pixie when they realize they've provoked Norm's anger by trying to kill Amanda, and in the process, rendering the contract that would have protected them from Norm's wrath null and void.
- Timmy gets one when Jorgen shows up, and Norm's reaction when Jorgen threatens to destroy his lamp (though that one only last a second since it would be against Da Rules).
- In the Flesh has John Crichton and Pilot in particular experience this when they realises the scope of their problems after Moya is attacked by a race who have salvaged the ship that caused the crews prior body-switching troubles. From Crichtons perspective, he has one when he realises that their only hope of rescue is Pilot in Aeryns body after Pilot literally got lost on his own ship, and Pilot has one when he realises Moya and Chiana have also switched, Pilot fully aware that Chianas body cannot hope to contain Moya for long while Moyas body has basically shut down as Chiana literally cant handle the sensory input shes receiving.
- Lulu has an understated one in Guardian when Yuna sleepwalks out onto the water, which is an unmistakable sign that she has the summoner talent.
- A Brighter Dark has Takumi and Scarlet's reaction to finding out that several Hoshidan provinces have seceded and are calling their troops back, especially since the message telling them this is dated before the battle at Fort Dragonfall, meaning that their troops died in a battle they had no obligation to participate in.
- In Forward's first "episode" there's the scene where Adelei Niska realizes that he's in the same room as an enraged Jayne Cobb (who he's been torturing periodically for the last several chapters), that Jayne managed to cut himself free, all his guards are dead, and Jayne wants fingers.
- In What About Witch Queen?, Hakan Madsen says it out loud when he realizes that the new guards posted by Elsa's door is an assassin sent to kill her. He also has another Oh Crap moment a few minutes later when he finds what's left of Elsa... and its alive, although this time he's too shocked to say anything.
- The assassin starts to panic when he sees that Elsa just plain won't die despite being stabbed, smashed and decapitated.
- In "Eyes of The Cat", Akito has an Oh Crap moment when the ghosts of all the Cats of the Zodiac before Kyo confront him
- More specifically, Deadly Moon has an "Oh, shit" moment combined with Mood Whiplash, when Anne Marsden (the Xanatos' nanny) thinks that she, Alexander and her daughter Bethany have been rescued from their kidnappers by Goliath, only to realise that the gargoyle facing them is actually their kidnapper, Thailog.
- In Sisterly Bonds, during the revised prologue, Chouno Ami, has this reaction when she learns that some of the other participants in a tankery exercise stole a Type 90 and brought it to the match. It's also a moment for Ono Yushari, who despite not being in the Type 90, ends up panicking and saying things that inadvertently, and incorrectly incriminate her as an accomplice.Yushari: "Chono-San, You always taught us to be innovative! We thought-"
Ami: "You KNOW the rules! I can't raise the Type-90. PLEASE tell me it's SDF crewed?"
Yushari (taken aback): "No. We, uh... we borrowed it."
Ami: "You what? That tank isn't restricted by the conduct of Sensha-Dou! It has no legal ammunition, it fires live rounds! Who are they aiming for?"
Yushari: (gulps) "Yours."
Narrator: Ami-Chan slowly looked up in horror. True to Yushari-San's word, the 120mm smoothbore L/44 gun of the Type-90 was pointed directly at the Type-74. There was no doubt an APFSDS round was already loaded in the gun breech.
Ami: "Tell that Tank not to fir-!" (the tank fires, killing Ami's crew and putting her into a coma)
- Boys und Sensha-do!
- The reaction of most Oarai students after hearing that Saunders will field 20 tanks against them this time, rather than the 10 they faced in canon.
- On a more serious note, after Miho is disowned and realizes that the rent is coming due on her apartment, which is more than she can pay by herself.
- In Boys Do Tankary, after Vincent gives Darjeeling a coded message saying that he will fire and not miss, she gasps and declares that she and her teammates must find him or they will be taken out very quickly.
- Hunting the Unicorn: When David realizes that Blaine's Stalker with a Crush has gotten past campus security disguised as a delivery guy, his expression is this. As are the Dalton staff's expressions when they find out.
- A demon Mook has this reaction in the Trancendence AU fic Return, Rewind, Rewrite when he realizes that the two kids he was sent to kill were Alcor and Mizar, and that if he doesn't do something then he's about three seconds away from being obliterated.
- Freeman's Mind:
- Gordon Freeman finds out the hard way that the soldiers pursuing him in Black Mesa are learning from their mistakes...[while fighting some soldiers] Screw this, I'm just going to wait for them to come around the corner again. [grenade bounces in front of him] OH SHIT! [runs for his life] [distant explosion] Okay...natural selection; the dumb ones are all dead, so the survivors are a little bit smarter!
- Without doubt the most epic one is when he gets to meet the Nihilanth.HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[Smash Cut between episodes]AAAAAARGH! Holy shit, holy shit, holy SHIT! Lovecraft was right about EVERYTHING! HOW DID HE KNOW!?
- Gordon Freeman finds out the hard way that the soldiers pursuing him in Black Mesa are learning from their mistakes...
- In Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality chapter 6 Harry has this memorable quote right after his realization, he even literally thinks "aw crap" : The Dark Lord is alive. Of course hes alive. It was an act of utter optimism for me to have even dreamed otherwise. I must have taken leave of my senses, I cant imagine what I was thinking. Just because someone said that his body was found burned to a crisp, I cant imagine why I would have thought he was dead. Clearly I have much left to learn about the art of proper pessimism.
- In Sluagh, after suffering heavy losses breaching the outer defenses at the Battle of Druim Cett, Neville and company realizes that the Big Bad is surrounded by a magical army of hundreds (not to mention a homicidal sentient forest), not the seventy men as previously reported, cue trope.
- Nymphadora's Beau:Madame Bones: Auror Tonks, what is the age of consent in magical Britain?
Tonks: Err... fifteen years madam. Err... why?
Madame Bones: And what is Mister Potter's birthday?
Tonks: July 31st madam. Oh... crap.
Madame Bones: 'Oh crap' indeed.
- A deadly serious "oh, crap" moment happens at the climax of The Very Secret Diary.Tom: Ask me now who I am. I want to tell you.
Ginny: You are Tom Riddle. You are the Heir of Slytherin.
Tom: And who else am I ?
Ginny: I do not know who else.
Tom: Ah, but you do. You do know who, Virginia. You know who.
Ginny: No, I do not.
Tom: Yes, you do. You know who. You know who.
Ginny: No. No. No no no no no no no
I do not know who. I do not know.
I do not know. I do not know. I do not know.
- Her fear becomes so powerful, it breaks what little resistance she had against Voldemort.
- In Dragonette Debacle this is pretty much Harry's reaction to a dragonette dive-bombing him while he's out flying.
- In Harry Potter and the Daft Morons this is Madam Bones' reaction when Dumbledore has a heart attack while being questioned under a larger than usual dose of Veritaserum.
- The characters of You Got HaruhiRolled! have this reaction once they realize that Chapters 50-53 are a parody of the Silent Hill franchise.
- In the Heroes universe forum Eclipse, three words have all but become synonymous with this reaction: "Heaven Have Mercy". Having captured Ryan Alcroft and Adele Couteau - arguably the most ruthless and psychotic Battle Couple Eclipse has - a Company agent employs the services of a mercenary illusionist to try separating the two by having them simultaneously witness the murder of their counterparts. Suffice to say, it doesn't end well.
- Much Ado about Shakespeare: Love's Labours Won: Archie freezes and his eyes widen as he realizes that he practically confessed his love to his friend and fellow officer Horatio. That was not his intention and he thinks he will be disgusted.
- In Kamen Rider Kage, General Kyo Takeshi realizes that his genetically engineered Mix-and-Match Critter that he can no longer control survived it's failsafe. The only description given for his reaction is "Oh, Crap!".
- In Lilly Epilogue Family Matters, Hisao has this reaction after hearing that Lilly's family is coming to visit. To put things into perspective, in Lilly's good ending she refused to come to Scotland to live with her parents so that she could stay with Hisao, and Hisao thus fears they will not take her decision well, potentially forcing her to come home.Hisao narrating: Oh fuck.
- In Defense, one of the stories of The Reluctant Father Universe, Roxas defends Xion violently, leading to this reaction from the card soldiers.Narrator: Anthropomorphic cards are not capable of wetting themselves. This was probably good for the plants of Wonderland.
- In Perfection is Overrated, Natsuki gets this as a poorly timed Psychosomatic Superpower Outage leaves her defenseless against Yukariko, who has just revealed that she is assisting Ishigami in his planNatsuki: "Duran! DURAN! Duran...? Oh, crap "
- Used in Seduction when Sarakshi Ishin (who's agreed to let Magnificent Bastard Tora Igarashi take off her shirt if she loses to him), realizes Tora knows the person he just defeated isn't a guy, but her dressed as one.
- Mega Man: Defender of the Human Race has this happen a lot.
- Episode 6 has everyone's reaction when Proto Man accidentally shoots an ion bomb and makes it go critical.
- Episode 8 has Mega Man's reaction to realizing Roll is locked in the Tower as it's going to flood with lava.
- Episode 10 has Governor Deacon's reaction to his Sky Car being broken into, but more importantly about the lab access code in the glove compartment.
- Episode 11 has the President's reaction to Wily wanting nuclear weapons.
- Episode 12 has the FBI's reaction when Mr. Black mentions the Jadous Sphere.
- Anthropology, Chapter 27: The Mane 6 have traveled to Earth to stop Discord from extincting the human race again. Just like before, they used the Elements of Harmony to imprison Discord in stone. But...Discord: You know, for a second there, even I was sure it was going to work.
- In Atlas Strongest Tournament, both Blueblood and Fido have this reaction when they find themselves facing Rarity in the preliminaries. The prince recovers quickly, but Fido panics, throws the match, and runs away... right into a wall.
- A Brief History of Equestria: According to Clover the Clever's recounting, the Windigo present in the cave had this look on its face when Hurricane let go of his hate (triggering the Warming and the Windigos' extinction); she found it satisfying.
- "The Kearny police department is unavailable. Please leave a message after the tone."
- At the climax of the Dashverse story May the Best Friends Win, this is pretty much Trixie's reaction when she realizes that Twilight's tricked her into revealing her true self to Rainbow Dash.
- "And only too late did Celestia realize the corruption in her own court..."
- The twisted Dark Fic "Pattycakes" has a literal example. After spending the entire fic as a prisoner, with a badly derailed Fluttershy attempting to Mind Rape her into an infantile state, Rainbow Dash messes her diaper and is so terrified by the situation that her will breaks and she starts believing herself to be Fluttershy's baby (this was later retconned into being the effects of a mental regression drug Fluttershy created, since it generally takes more than an afternoon to totally shatter someone's will). Scootaloo gets a similar reaction to the same stimulus in one of the endings, after drinking something doped with an irreversible dose of the aforementioned drug.
- In Princess Celestia Gets Mugged, the incompetent kidnappers have this reaction when they discover that "Sunny Skies", whom they mugged and kidnapped, is actually Princess Celestia in disguise.
- in The Moonstone Cup, Najstariot has this reaction when Twilight effortlessly completes the dispelling portion of the tournament's preliminary round.
- The Conversion Bureau: The Other Side of the Spectrum
- Canon!Twilight has two during her and her friends' fight against Marcus. First is when she sees that Marcus is impervious to magic. The second is when Fluttershy's trademark Stare fails to subdue him.
- Princess Celestia has one when she realizes her Mirror Universe Evil Counterpart is more powerful than she is. Doesn't stop her from declaring Canon Equestria will come to Earth's aid.
- TCB!Trixie gets a massive one during The Answer Part 2 when she overhears some guards talking and realizes that Queen Celestia is planning to modify the ponification serum and turn the newfoals from a bunch of perpetually smiling Extreme Doormats into an army of soldiers, willing to kill... meaning the Queen has upward of over a billion potential new soldiers at her disposal.
- In The Bigger Score, the PHL team raiding a fortified conversion bureau discover the Queen making a personal visit to the place, leading to a Mass "Oh, Crap!". It gets even worse when they discover the Tyrant is going to visit Boston, which is a stronghold for most of their activities.
- The main characters of the Asia Side Story get several of these in the fifth chapter When the Metaphorical Crap Hits the Fan, including when they see the Royal Guards have special enchanted shields protecting them from any gunfire (plus the unicorns are capable of stealing and turning human firearms against their shooters), a literal wave of newfoals coming in about to chase them, and nearly getting caught up in a bombing.
- A Diplomatic Visit: Spoiled Rich's reaction when she realizes she just insulted someone in the presence of one of the Princesses of Equestria.
- The Elements of Friendship: The reaction of Twilight and her band when they realize that the Headless Horse is Real After All.
- The Pieces Lie Where They Fell:
- Rex's reaction when he finds out Sharp Point's group has a Manechurian Dragon - something he'd earlier asked Xvital if her black market dealt in - with them. His reaction is understandable when it turns out a Manechurian Dragon isn't a creature - it's a gun.
- Xvital's reaction when she learns they've gone to her homeland, where she's a wanted criminal... and, as it turns out, has a former fiancé whom she ran out on.
- Night Blade's reaction when he realizes they're talking to the Prince-King of the Cuanmiztl Kingdom.
- The Witch of the Everfree: They happen a few times in a row during Sunset's fight with Nightmare Moon. First Twilight has one when Sunset mentions that her "exit strategy" has a blast radius, then Sunset has two in quick succession when Nightmare Moon manages to No-Sell Sunset's trap and comes out of a super-compressed beam of fire with no visible damage beyond a burned mane.
- Happens multiple times in A Growing Affection, but specifically:
- Chapter 17, when a bunch of second-rate criminals realize their 'hostages' are undercover ninjas.
- Chapter 73 ends with Kankuro uttering the expletive version of this when he realizes his group is has been ambushed by the One-Tails, Shukaku.
- In Naruto: The Gamer Files Temari panics and yells at Kankuro to "drop the kid and surrender" when she realizes the brat he's holding is the Hokage's grandson.
- A Crown of Stars:
- In chapter 45 an unknown force has sealed the portal shut and Shinji and Asuka's army has been cut off in enemy territory, turning Asuka into leader de facto until relieved. Asuka's reaction?:Asuka:Scheiße!
- And later, when they are striking the UN fleet, Misato hopes eliciting this reaction from them: The fleet's going to have a nice long couple of minutes to appreciate just how screwed they are.
- In chapter 45 an unknown force has sealed the portal shut and Shinji and Asuka's army has been cut off in enemy territory, turning Asuka into leader de facto until relieved. Asuka's reaction?:
- Advice and Trust:
- In chapter 4 Shinji thinks for a second that Misato knows that he and Asuka have been doing behind her back, and he has this reaction.Shinji: 'Oh shit, she knows she knows she knows...'
- In chapter 5 both Shinji and Asuka have that reaction when Rei tells them she knows that they are together and are having sex.
- In chapter 7 Asuka is telling to Shinji everything what she wants him doing to her as they are walking into their home... and then they run into Kaji. Asuka,s reaction was:Asuka:Oh scheiße
- In that same chapter the entire Nerv staff wear Oh, Crap! expressions when they deploy the dummy plugs against Zeruel... and Zeruel demolishes them easily.
- In chapter 4 Shinji thinks for a second that Misato knows that he and Asuka have been doing behind her back, and he has this reaction.
- The Child of Love: In the end of chapter 5 this was Asuka's reaction when she realized Shinji was really in her bed (she thought she was dreaming when she woke up)... and Shinji's reaction when he realized Asuka had woken up.
- Evangelion 303:
- Ghosts of Evangelion: During an argument with Shinji, Asuka realizes that she's crossed one line when she brings Kaworu up and Shinji leaves before she can apologize.Her smile died as soon as she saw the look on his face. Shit. "Shinji, I didn't-"
- Shinjis reaction when he saw that the woman in the shower stall was Kurumi trying to seduce him.
- The reaction of the HERZs troops dispatched in Crimea when they realized that the other side had positron cannons.
- SEELEs reaction when Rei mind-controlled their new batch of MP-Evas, their only weapon against HERZ.
- Once More with Feeling:
- Gendo and Ritsuko display horrified expressions when Shinji reveals that he remembers how his mother died.
- Shinji did this when he realized that one of the changes in the timeline was that the Angels were becoming more powerful and more dangerous than he remembered.
- Again, Shinji when he realized he had let Keel get a good glimpse of his thoughts.
- The Second Try gives several examples:
- Shinji has this expression when several Section-2 agents arrest him, and he realizes his father has figured out his and Asuka's secret.
- The members of SEELE also display this expression when the first MP-EVA is completely destroyed. The shock is even fatal in Keel Lorenz's case.
- The Self-Insert Fic This Bites! has many:
- In Chapter 1, Cross has this reaction upon seeing the tropical forest he wakes up in, until he realizes that it's not Little Garden.
- In Chapter 3, pretty much anytime that Cross crosses paths with Smoker.
- In Chapter 6,
- Cross has this reaction as soon as he gets past his adrenaline rush-induced haze to remember exactly what the sounds are that he hears as he's coming down Reverse Mountain: Laboon.
- Then he does it again when he runs over the rest of the Baroque Works saga in his mind, and still thinks he's forgetting something. The thing he's forgetting? The crazy weather between Reverse Mountain and Whiskey Peak.
- In Chapter 8, Cross and Vivi have this reaction when Mr. 5 and Miss Valentine show up.
- In Chapter 9, everyone has this reaction as soon as they get to the Inevitable Waterfall.
- In Chapter 10, Cross has this reaction when he runs into Mr. 5 and Miss Valentine again. With nobody there to help him except Soundbite. And the two Baroque Works agents eager to kill him.
- In Chapter 12, Cross has the biggest and most plot-worthy one thus far after hearing that due to his sickness, he had some of his mental barriers weakened meaning that for a few days, he had been unconsciously running his mouth with knowledge that was not meant to leave his mind, in front of his entire crew.
- In Chapter 13, Cross has this reaction at least once while trying to stall Wapol.
- In Chapter 14, the first thing Cross learns upon waking up is that Kureha has given him some vitamin supplements of her own design, meaning that Cross is now as Made of Iron as the average person in One Piece. On one hand, he's in significantly less danger of dying. On the other hand, he's now fair game for Nami's Idiot Punches, and considering that he's currently staring down Kureha's medical bills
- In Chapter 15, Cross has this reaction after Mr. 2 touches his face.
- In Chapter 21, Cross manages to solicit this reaction from both of the Unluckies: Miss Friday when he prepares to snap her goggles back on her face, sending her into a nosedive to the ground; and Mr. 13 when he lights the lighter he got from Tashigi...while said otter is soaked in liquor.
- Chapter 25's look at the Red-Haired Pirates has one of the new recruits having this reaction... when he finds out that Lucky Roux is Sea-King fishing and he needs bait.
- In Chapter 25, this is reaction of everyone when, like in canon, they witness the shipwreck falling from the sky that kicks off the Skypeia arc. Except for Cross.
- In Chapter 27, Tashigi gets this reaction when Cross tells on the SBS that the Marines she tried to deflect from the Straw hats were sent right at them instead. Within earshot of Smoker.
- Chapter 28 has a Mass "Oh, Crap!" (except Cross and Soundbite), when Usopp goes for a swim in the White Sea, and his tether starts paying out as they realize he's swimming in a bottomless cloud.
- Another Mass "Oh, Crap!" happens when, after Cross's ghost story about Davy Jones, the campfire goes out, the place lights up with green lights, and a tentacled, crab-clawed shadow steps out to terrify the whole crew senseless. In Cross's opinion, their expressions are priceless.
- One for Conis when Cross wakes up from Enel's initial attack, sees Conis, and thinking he missed the whole battle, makes a statement about how he wished he could've seen Enel's face when Luffy kicked the crap out of him... not realizing he was only knocked out for a second and a very unamused Enel is still nearby.
- Usopp has one when he realizes that he, as the outsider Sniperking, just told Luffy, the captain of the crew of True Companions incarnate, that Usopp ran away because he was too scared and sent Sniperking in his place, right before a mission to save one of their own. Luffy instantly grasps the implications, and he doesn't like them one bit.
- In Chapter 37, Sengoku goes from Flat "What" to Big "WHAT?!" when he realizes that the Straw Hats are storming Enies Lobby.
- In Chapter 39, Kaku and Kalifa get one when they realize that Cross called them "long-neck" and "bubbly", long before they ever received their Devil Fruits.
- All of the Straw Hats' reactions when Sengoku and the Marine fleet finally show up at Enies Lobby.
- A Force of Four: Lyta's face when her grandmother lets her mother know that Lyta has a lover Diana knew nothing about."Even so," said Hippolyta, "she has greater than mortal years ahead of her, but less even than her mother, who renounced immortality at a later date than her, and much less than a pure Amazon who has not renounced the Waters of Youth. So there are fewer days to you, Lyta, than you might expect. Use them wisely while you do have them."
Wonder Woman's eyes widened. "Mother, what are you saying? Are you saying that Lyta has—"
Lyta's eyes were widening at the same time that her skin was flushing crimson.
Diana finally finished the sentence. "—has given herself to a man?"
"Ohhhhhhh, hell," muttered Lyta, and hid her face in her hands.
- Power Rangers GPX is filled with these expressions. Most of them happen when a character realizes they're in for a pounding, like in episode 13 when Phaedos, the Zordonian general subjects three of the Rangers to a brutal beating. There's also The same general realizing that Big Bad Emperor Rashon won't give him a second chance at beating the Rangers and freezes him in a block of ice.
- Part 2 starts out with the Rangers who think they outsmarted the Zordonians after moving, realize they've been found by the Zordonians—by watching their attack on the news.
- Happens with Psycho Pink in one power rangers/hellsing fic after Cassie's vampire side got loose after Ashley was nearly killed.
- Many people in With Strings Attached have these:
- The cop in New Zork freaks out when Paul breaks the handcuffs that were supposed to have neutralized his Super Strength.
- The Hunter stands in stunned amazement when John lifts the river.
- Grunnel has one when he realizes that Paul isn't mind-controlled after all.
- There is a collective one amongst the Raleka and skahs wizards when Sapsa hits Paul with an enormous burst of flame, and Paul says, That was lovely! Do it again!
- When Shag and Varx reveal to Jeft that they'd told the real Dalns gods what was going on. Did you want gods pissed at you, Jeft?
- In The Dark has a lot of these
- Those on the pitch after a car crushes in Astral Journey, especially when Emma is crushed underneath it.
- Case of the Missing Technology has Melanie C's left arm coming to life, saving the narrator. Melanie waking to see what had been done to her while the narrator had a German song about cannibalism playing.
- In From Beyond, Jaune's ghost tries to possess Penny, with Blake reasoning that since she's a robot with an AI, he might be able to move her. In the instant where Jaune tries, he realizes that unlike a normal person, Penny is fully self-aware of every tiny thing that occurs in her body. In other words, not only did he fail, but she noticed the attempt.
- In Four Deadly Secrets, India has a moment upon realizing the giant scythe Ruby is swinging around is also a gun.India: ''Sweet fuck, a sniper scy
- The story A New Order has one done by Beryl when she hears that a shadow warrior has defected and is helping the senshi.
- Epic one at the climax of Sailor Moon: Legends of Lightstorm Saga 1, Episode 5: Lightning Round: With her elite squadron of Negaverse drones, Zoisite begins torturing a captured Lightstorm and an untransformed Sailor Jupiter, believing she has the upper hand. And she does. Until Sailor Jupiter becomes so angry that she literally explodes in a blast of lightning, making history as the first Sailor Scout to transform through sheer force of will. Ever.
- In Saki: After Story, found here, Saki and the narrator have this reaction when they learn that not only does Teru have a Hair-Trigger Temper, but she's also armed, and proceeds to give her younger sister Saki a vicious beating that sends her to the hospital.Narrator: But when she got to her older sister, that's when her heart started racing with fear. Remember when I said that Teru seems to lose control when she gets angry? Well, this is happening now. And with a metal pipe and a box cutter in her possession, this is not going to end well.
- The Slender Man fic By the Fire's Light, features a massive one at the end of the fourth story in the six story cycle when Jared Holloway realizes Detective Carl Rourke has accidentally created an ideal situation for the Slender Man to off both of them.
- In Robb Returns, this is present in about one out of every two or three chapters.
- Ned when he finds out what happened to Robb.
- And when he discovers that the Night's King has awakened.
- Roose Bolton becomes terrified when he finds out that the Others are coming.
- The Maesters when they discover The Magic Comes Back.
- As does Varys - who was turned into an eunuch by means of Blood Magic.
- Doran Martell when Oberyn points something out: since The Magic Comes Back, could legends (such as, for example, the ones Eddard Stark is asking about) be real, too?
- Nearly every scene with Littlefinger has one from him:
- When Bronn captures him - and then when Bronn tells him that Jon Arryn has found his secret books and knows about the money Littlefinger has in Braavos.
- When Jon Arryn tells him the Iron Bank knows what he has been doing.
- Just for a second after Jon reveals who is the champion that Littlefinger has to fight: the sea.
- Daenerys when Viserys reveals to her his intention to hatch a dragon egg.
- Roose Bolton upon finding out that Ned Stark now wields the Fist of Winter and that Domeric made an oath to never betray nor harm Sansa.
- Jonos Bracken and Tytos Blackwood when they realize the resurgent Faith Militant is going to attack all places that still have symbols of the Old Gods, such as the Isle of Faces... and their own keeps.
- Varys when Robert tells him that he suspects the incoming fight will be against a what instead of a who.
- Daenerys when she wakes up and finds herself tied up, a scared servant tied to one side and a dead servant to the other. And increased when she realizes her brother has made the last step towards full-blooded madness and tries to kill her to awaken the dragon eggs.
- Ned when he finds out what happened to Robb.
- In The Portal, Thomas has this reaction when he unwittingly activates the portal which pulls him into the Dragon Realms.
- He gets an even bigger one when he finds out that he's no longer human, but instead, a dragon.
- In the Original Series fic Insontis, one of the security guards literally says this when he sees Spock notice someone messing with the de-aged Kirk. He promptly dispatches some others to deter Spock, "before we have some dead humans on our hands."
- In Written in the Stars, this is the reaction of Fem!Kirk Prime when John Harrison reveals himself as Khan.Harrison: My name...is... Khan.
Kirk: (sensing her counterpart's dread) Who is he?
Kirk Prime: ...Oh...shit...
- Red Fire, Red Planet:
- The reaction of Lieutenant Tiyerissel ch'Kreem and Operations Specialist, First Class Bikog Bu-Tal-Rek to a Bird-of-Prey decloaking in front of their shuttle:Bikog: Eltee, look!
ch'Kreem: Take evasive action! Shields— (then he's Killed Mid-Sentence)
- Shortly thereafter, a double one from Crewman Yasmin Sherazi and Chief Sally Blackhawk upon observing the above.Sherazi: Kiopek oghlu. That's a Klingon Bird-of-Prey.
Blackhawk: (into radio) Starfleet Command, this is COS. Sally Blackhawk of Listening Post Two-Zero-Four-Romeo-Tango, authorization Charlie-Papa-Oscar-3255-Alpha-Whiskey-24827! Case Zulu! Repeat, Zulu, Zulu, Zulu! Details to follow!
- The reaction of Lieutenant Tiyerissel ch'Kreem and Operations Specialist, First Class Bikog Bu-Tal-Rek to a Bird-of-Prey decloaking in front of their shuttle:
- Plenty of these abound within Streets of Rage Saga, but the crowning one (as of this writing) has to be during the epilogue of the fourth story in the series, The New Syndicate: The Syndicate has kidnapped and attempted to mind-wipe Blaze. It seems to have worked at first since she can't recall her name or any of her past memories when asked...but they weren't counting on hearing anything contrary mere minutes later. So cue the man in charge turning pale when he hears this line:My name is Blaze, and I remember everything.
- In Hellsister Trilogy, Supergirl has this reaction when she finds out that the child begotten by Mordru and her own evil counterpart is serving Darkseid."We have evidence," said Brainiac 5, slowly, "that Darkseid has the son Mordru fathered with Satan Girl."
Karas head came up.
"But you can see why we wanted you on board for this one."
"Frab," she said.
Laurel came to stand before her, sympathetically. "Yeah," she said. "My sentiments exactly."
- The READERS of Imperfect Metamorphosis get one when they realise that The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You from Yuuka anymore. Here's the moment of realisation:
- The fan comic "Let's Play Resident Evil" has quite a few of these moments, most of them involving Ran.
- Starscream gets one in The Ultimate Mate Hunt, when he goes into heat and becomes the target of affection from Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave and Skyfire.
- In A Prime's Creation Doesn't Party, Smokescreen gets one when he sees that Optimus has followed him to the club he is currently at and is NOT happy.
- Through a Diamond Sky has a couple. A minor one is when the leader of the Iso colony is being rude and realizes that the visitor asking questions isn't Clu, but Flynn himself. The second, larger, one is when a Mook realizes that they just made the fatal error of trying to kill Tron.
- All Guardsmen Party: At the end of Tyranid Delivery Experts, the team finally delivers their deadly cargo to it's destination. They are then promptly arrested by the Inquisition as renegades.
- Atonement: Super-villain Horde has a second or so to see Ruin's disintegration wave coming before it one-shots her.
- In The Return-Remixed, after DEAR lost a 7-on-7 match to the Diva Army, Trish Stratus was berating her teammates for being losers when the music on the PA changed and DEAR found out that the one who trained the Diva Army was Carlene Moore Jazz. Trish panicked so much that Lita had to give her a Get a Hold of Yourself, Man! slap.
- In XCOM: From The Ashes of Temples, The Commander is killed during Base Defense. The Council is forced to assign Central Officer Bradford as the replacement commander. Everyone including Bradford goes "Oh, Crap!!".
- In X-Men: The Early Years, Bobby Drake's reaction when the Greys arrive at the School and he realizes he's chosen the worst possible time to be rude.John Grey: We're here to see Professor Charles Xavier.
Bobby: (frowning) He's not here. If you had bothered to make an appointment, you would know he got called out to D.C. last night on urgent business. You wouldn't have ended up pulling me out of bed. The professor isn't going to be back until this afternoon sometime.
Elaine Gray: (glaring) We have a standing invitation to come tour the school and meet the students.
Bobby: You're the Greys? Oh, crap. Professor Xavier is not going to be happy about this.
- The reaction of the entire "Wargods" strike force and the player when the GTD Imperieuse jumps in just as the Wargods were on the cusp of victory against the GTD Carthage, fully-armed and fresh, and outgunning all of the remaining Wargods ships combined. Things go downhill from there.