It focuses on a seemingly normal Shirou who lives a quiet and peaceful life together his adoptive family. Everything changed one night when he was attacked by one of his father's enemies and sustained a life-threatening injury. And if that wasn't enough he was forced to watch as a member of his family was getting tortured in front of his very eyes.
There were only two choices.
Die or fight.
I think we all know what he choose.
How far can he go in a world where Gods still exists, angels watch from Heaven, fallen angels lurk in the shadows, devils go to his own school, and a snarky hero chilling in the back of his mind?
All while serving under a devil himself?
This fanfiction series contains examples of:
- Accidental Pervert: A position Shirou seems to find himself from time to time.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Momo respectfully. In the light novels she had black hair while in the anime she was shown to have white hair. The author decided to mix these facts and make her have dyed white hair.
- Adaptation Expansion: Sonas peerage is given an expanded backstory since they are given more focus as Shirou is inducted as a member.
- Ascended Extra: An interesting case with Mitsuzuri Ayako. While her overall role in the Fate/Stay Night visual novel was a minor one the author seems to give her an curious amount of screentime. Whenever he is planning to make her relevant in the story or keep her as a recurring character is up for debate at the moment.
- This trope can also be applied to all the members of Sona Sitri's peerage considering the overall role and amount of appearances they made in the light novel.
- Attempted Rape: What happened to Tsubaki while she was locked in Segrif Zepar's dungeon. While the aggressor didn't go all the way the few perverted touches he managed to do clearly affected her.
- Awesome, but Impractical: As Archer says to Shirou, Install gives him a massive amount of power, far beyond what Shirou is capable of even when he learns to use Projection and Reinforcement on his own. However, there is a chance something can go drastically wrong- even in peak shape, Archer says, the effects on Shirou would be unknown and could result in something dangerous occurring.
- Arrow Catch: Performed by Shirou in chapter 13. Bonus awesomeness considering that in chapter 12 he failed to do this action and got his hands stabbed by the enemy arrows.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Shirou is overall a very polite and humble person, at least that is the until someone is threatened under his watch, if so the gloves are off.
- Bow and Sword, in Accord: One of the main foundations towards Shirou and Archer's battle capabilities. This is taken up to eleven considering that they can shoot swords with a bow.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Somewhat subverted. When Kurosaiga starts tapping into the powers of his sword the sclera of his eyes turn pitch-black.
- Cool Big Bro: Shirou is this to Illya and Miyu, his adopted siblings. A gender-flipped example would be Serafall- even though she hasn't appeared on-screen yet, she clearly loves Sona. A bit too much, if you ask Sona herself.
- Character Tic: Shirou seems to have one in the form of rubbing the back of his head when he feels awkward.
- Curtains Match the Window: Both Reya and Tsubasa have hair colors that match their eyes.
- Deadpan Snarker: Quite a few characters, as per usual. Shirou, in particular, is blossoming into one, probably due to Archer's influence. Archer himself is in top form as one too, such as teasing Shirou over oogling Sella's butt.
- Drives Like Crazy: If Shirou's and everyone else's terrified reaction when Irisviel offered to drive him to school was any indication, it's safe to assume that its for the best to avoid getting in a car that she is driving.
- Dual Wield: Shirou using the married swords Kanshou and Bakuya as his usual get go.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Segrif Zepar is by all means an unlikeable, arrogant piece of shit that has no qualms when it comes to experimenting on his servants or abduct Sona and her peerage, and yet he is show to harbour genuine affection towards his sister, choosing to get power by his own means rather than kill her and secure his future when he easily could have done the latter.
- Explaining Your Power to the Enemy: A somewhat ongoing trend especially with the enemy characters, though at the very least Shirou explains what his weapons do when they finished doing their job.
- Friendly Enemy: Ichirou Kurosaiga... well towards Shirou mostly. Although he is a stray devil and his overall sanity isn't in the very best of conditions, he has an overall easy going and playful personality, heck he even stopped fighting so Shirou could talk with Ayako on the phone.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Saji and Shirou do not initially get along- either due to Saji mocking Shirou at every turn or Shirou returning the favour in a smaller degree. However, Kurosaiga's fight brings the two closer together, to the point where they're just good friends that good-naturedly insult each other.
- Forced to Watch: Chapter 13 has it to where Shirou is forcefully pulled aside from the front line to get his injured hands fixed and he has to witness how the members of the student council currently fighting are slowly getting killed out there. While he may have managed to offer them support and help them win their individual fights Shirou still accuses himself that he couldn't do it sooner.
- Game-Breaking Injury: After Taking the bullet for Momo and Reya, Shirou's hands get crippled to the point where he can't even move his fingers let alone hold a sword, making him incapacitated for the majority of the confrontation with the first wave of Segrif Zepar's peerage. He gets better later though.
- Generation Xerox: Subverted somewhat. While people who know Kiritsugu point out that Shirou looks nothing like him, Irisviel seems to point out that Shirou is similar to him personality wise.
- Genki Girl: Tomoe is this for the Sitri team. Even when she is beaten up and has a broken shoulder she still keeps up her playful and cheerful personality.
- Go Out with a Smile: As Shirou points out about Kurosaiga during the very last moments of his life. The man fought with a smile and died with one, finally at peace with himself knowing that a person like Shirou was the one that defeated him.
- Henpecked Husband: Kiritsugu appears to be this, ironically, to Iri. Played for Laughs of course and adds a dimension of humor to the Emiya family.
- Meganekko: Sona and Tsubaki respectfully.
- Mismatched Eyes: This seems to be the case with Tsubaki, the aftermath of a spiritual possession she went through, her left eye turning violet while her right one remained light brown. However her glasses are made to hide this, making both her eyes appear light brown.
- Mistaken for Gay: Happens in chapter 8 when Shirou says that he was never interested in getting a girlfriend. Saji was the one to draw the wrong conclusion and wasn't too happy.
- Mythology Gag:
- A Shirou Emiya once again comes into contact and uses Archer's Class Card to fight and develop his skills. Even inheriting certain aspects due to the completely unique relationship they share.
- When Ichirou Kurosaiga attacks Sonas peerage, he wields a blade forged by Sengo Muramasa, someone who has a connection to Shirou Emiya.
- Power at a Price: Shirou, by being fused with Archer's Class Card, is able to use his magecraft even without using Include or Install- Reinforcement and Projection, after all, are the magecraft that best suit Shirou Emiya as a whole. He even gains his Sword Origin from the Card. However, he's clearly experiencing a bleeding effect due to their unique existences- such as Shirou being repeatedly confused over his new-found cynicism and snark, as well as having a headache at 'remembering' the Fuyuki Fire. Shirou doesn't remember what happened to him prior to being adopted by Kiritsugu into the Emiya family, and isn't even sure if the 'memory' of the fire is his own. This shows just how much Archer is affecting him psychologically.
- Noodle Incident: It's mentioned that the reason the Emiya family lives in relative peace from the supernatural is because of a favour that Sirzechs owed Kiritsugu. Exactly how and why Sirzechs owed Kiritsugu such a favour is unknown at present.
- Oh, Crap!: Shirou's overall reaction when he saw the number of missed call's he had from Irisviel and the realization what she will do to him when he gets home.
- Omake: The author seems found of them and includes one at the end of each chapter (sometimes even two). Recent ones seem to depict Shirou's adventures growing up in the Emiya/Einzbern household and the many shenanigans involved. (Whenever this omakes are canon has yet to be confirmed)
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: To everyone's shock, Shirou declares that he and Mitsuzuri are definitely not in a relationship, despite their visible close bond.
- Shout-Out: The Halloween Omake in chapter 9 is a massive one. Shirou together with the Sitri team all dressed up as characters from various anime, manga and video games.
- Took a Level in Badass: Shirou does this over the course of the battle with Kurosaiga. going from barely surviving a non-fatal strike, to properly using Reinforcement and Projection, to using Crane-Wing Three Realm to kill his opponent. He also cleverly uses a certain Noble Phantasm to cancel the effects of Kurosaiga's own blade, something he would not have been able to do if he only used Include. Shirou even Lampshades this.
- Troll: As always, Archer is this to Shirou.
- Worthy Opponent: Kurosaiga definitely considers Shirou this by the end of their duel. Even Shirou, who notes he doesn't take enjoyment in a life or death battle, reciprocates the sentiment somewhat by the end.