Kyousuke Jinnai/Red Racer | Actor: Yuji Kishi
- Berserk Button: If you know what's good for you, don't hurt Dappu or his friends.
- Comes Great Responsibility: He really only wanted to drive his boss's cool car, but eventually wises up to his responsibilities.
- Cool Sword: Fender Sword
- Dating Catwoman: Though unlike in the cases of both Takeru and Ryu, this is mostly parodied.
- Idiot Hero: Safe to say that the trend of the Red Ranger being this started with him. Although, he wasn't the only idiot of the team (it takes the next team for the Red to be the sole Idiot Hero)
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: One time, he successfully fought the bad guys unhenshined just to prove his love for Zonette.
- The Leader: Red Ranger, duh. It isn't until after VRV Master talks some sense into him that he actually starts acting like one though.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Zonnette... sort of.
- Took a Level in Badass: When he finally starts acting like a leader. (As with everything else, it's initially the greatest parody of Law of Chromatic Superiority you will ever see.)
Naoki Domon/Blue Racer | Actor: Yoshihiro Masujima
- Kid-Appeal Character
- Friend to All Living Things
- Guns Akimbo: Muffler Guns
- Keigo: Oh so much.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Feminine Boy to Natsumi's Masculine Girl.
- The Smart Guy: He's the car designer at Pegasus.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Despite being male he has the feminine politeness thing going for him and, because he's a racer, he has the iron will associated with the trope.
Minoru Uesugi/Green Racer | Actor: Yoshihiro Fukuda
- The Big Guy
- Hand Cannon: Engine Cannon
- The Idiot from Osaka
- Kansai Regional Accent
- Small Name, Big Ego: A mild case.
- "Super Sentai" Stance: In one episode, he loses his Accelchanger key while practicing this trope.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He is terrified of lightning as he was struck by lightning when he was kid while fishing.
Natsumi Shinohara/Yellow Racer | Actor: Yuka Motohashi
- The Lancer: Is actually quite competent at her unmorphed job, contrasting with Kyousuke being a useless twit. Also the closest one to Only Sane Man, since she's pretty much the one who objects the Kyousuke/Zonette relation.
- Magic Feather: Her legendary wrench, which she later discovered she didn't really need.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Masculine Girl to Naoki's Feminine Boy.
- Power Fist: Side Knuckles
- She Cleans Up Nicely: In a swimsuit, anyway.
- The Smart Girl: She's the mechanic at Pegasus.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Youko's Girly Girl.
- Wrench Wench
Youko Yagami/Pink Racer | Actress: Atsuko Kurusu
- Big Eater
- The Chick
- No Sense of Direction
- The Straight and Arrow Path: Bumper Bow
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Natsumi's Tomboy.
- Why Did It Have to Be Bugs?: The only reason she was the first to pass the first leg of the big test in vs. Ohranger was because one bug frightened her.
Their friends / allies
Dappu | Voice Actress: Mari Maruta
- Kid Hero
- Morality Pet: For Kyosuke.
- Verbal Tic: As with the majority of aliens in this show, his own name, dappu. Even when writing a note.
Signalman Polis Kobaan | Voice Actor: Hochu Otsuka
- Aloof Ally: Despite being on the same side, he prefers to work independently from the gang. (This is largely because the Carrangers' identities are kept secret until the very end, and they are essentially vigilantes whereas Signalman himself is a police officer. Signalman is otherwise on reasonably friendly terms with the Pegasus Motors staff.)
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Temporarily believes that the Carrangers' Kuru-Magic caused severe environmental effects on Planet Polis, and attacks them.
- Character Development: Becomes more open to the Rangers as the series goes on.
- Deconstruction: Of Metal Heroes characters, as a natural result of parodying them. Being sent alone to "Earf" means he is eventually forced to leave Earth temporarily because he has a family back on Planet Polis that he misses, and his hands are often tied because he's a traffic cop who can't take active measures against the Bowzocks until they start breaking laws. He is also unique in the franchise for being an alien/non-human hero who doesn't transform or enlarge (by choice - Imocho's Imo-youkan presumably works on him), and this limits his effectiveness in a series running on Kuru-Magic.
- Reconstruction: He is also shown to be very effective at his job; he's sent to Earth alone because he's able to physically arrest violent drivers by himself. Even when the show's parodic nature is actively working against him, being a professional means he's largely had the Idiot Hero trained out of him. (The costume is also designed along traditional Metal Heroes lines, and all of those signals on his body light up. He's the coolest-lookin' bike cop ever put to media.)
- Expy: Of Metal Heroes characters.
- It's Personal: The pollution on Planet Polis affected his son, and Signalman himself attacks the Carrangers under this.
- I Work Alone: At first. It causes him no small amount of stress.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Only Dappu seems to look into what his Evil Signalman freakout means, naturally.
- Put on a Bus: Leaves at the end of episode 28 to spend some time with his family. (Story-wise, this gets him out of the way so the VRV Master arc can happen.)
- The Bus Came Back: Comes back to Earth furious and Evil in episode 35.
- Sixth Ranger: At least in terms of the show's merchandising, as he's explicitly not a member of Carranger. He checks most of the same boxes anyway like being a badass ally to the usual group of five heroes, and having his own giant mecha.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Of a sort. When he's not acting in his capacity as a law-abiding police officer, we see that he's fully capable of beating down the Carrangers on his own.
- Swiss Army Weapon: Signizer
- Carry a Big Stick: Police Baton mode. It is a stun baton.
- Handguns: Gun mode. Has three modes of fire: Cold Beam, Smash Beam, and Heat Beam - blue, yellow, and red respectively. Smash Beam, despite its name, is a "stun" shot that Signalman uses most to shoot kneecaps. Heat Beam is also non-indicative, as it seems to just be a full-power shot.
- Improbable Weapon User: Recording Device mode, which comes in handy on the rare occasion he needs to take a deposition or something.
VRV Master | Voice Actor: Kiyoshi KobayashiSome say he's the Sixth Ranger in all but name. Some say there's nothing under that suit and he's given up his fleshly body to become one with the power of Kuru-Magic. All we know is, he's called VRV Master!
- Large Ham: In a franchise populated by these, VRV Master really sticks out.
- Mysterious Protector: Loves playing up this angle.
- Team Dad: In contrast to Dappu, who is his son.
Radietta Fanbelt/ White Racer | Actress: Megumi Hamamatsu -> Misaki Sudo
- Blessed with Suck: Upon Arriving on Earth a second time, her titular car can become a Humongous Mecha... For one minute.
- Everything Is Better With Princesses
- Image Song: "Love! Love! Dream of Radietta"
- Incredibly Obvious Bomb: Uses one against the Zokurangers during her debut appearance. They just stand there waiting for it to detonate (although of course, she said the bomb would only explode if they didn't get her riddle right... And they had no idea what the answer was).note
- Loony Fan: She's not what you'd call insane or deranged, but the fact that she's attracted to the Carrangers because they are childish and irresponsible says a lot (she even runs off crying when Red Racer tries to act mature to her).
- Luke, You Are My Father: She's Zonnette's younger sister.
- Magical Girl: She hits all the notes. Even her transformation is through magic.
- The Other Darrin: In her first appearance in episode 25, Radietta is played by 13-year-old Megumi Hamamatsu. In her later appearances, she was replaced by Misaki Sudo, who is notably three years older than Hamamatsu.
- Sixth Ranger: Although she's technically not a Carranger.
- Woman in White
Space Bosozoku Bowzock
Reckless Dash Emperor Exhaus | Voice Actor: Osamu Kobayashi
- Big Bad: The true main antagonist of the series.
- Evil Plan: His ultimate plan is to blow up Earth, so he can create a giant road for aliens to travel the milky way on and Earth was in the way of it.
- Death by Irony: Is defeated and killed by the Carrangers after being fed with the wrong Imo-Youkan.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Bowzock's villainy began when Exhaus dressed himself as a fortuneteller and met Gynamo at some point.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Exhaus was about to kill the Carrangers with what appears to be a Breath Weapon finishing attack when Gynamo fed him with expired Imo-Youkan.
- Invincible Villain: His Super-Strong form is so powerful, not even the Carrangers' Humongous Mechas do any damage to him... but that doesn't mean he's invulnerable to the expired Imo-Youkan's effects.
- Knight of Cerebus: The show never stops being silly and parodic, but Bowzock does stop being so Laughably Evil after he shows up and starts giving them weapons.
- Not So Invincible After All: As with the Bowzock, feeding him with the wrong Imo-Youkan can weaken and/or shrink the consumer, and Gynamo took advantage of that.
- True Final Boss: The Carrangers and Bowzock came to the conclusion that all of the major conflicts happened throughout the entire series is Exhaus' fault.
- Walking Spoiler: His influence is the main source of the Bowzock's actions.
- Worf Had the Flu: He was quickly killed off by the Carrangers because of the expired Imo-Youkan's aftereffects hampering his fighting performance.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Pulled this on the Bowzock after sealing away the Carrangers' Kuru-Magic Power.
President Gynamo | Voice Actor: Hiroshi Otake
- Big Bad: He's the founder and "president" of Bowzock, though Exhaus has been pulling the strings the whole time.
- Et Tu, Brute?: First by Ritchhiker as part of a Hostile Takeover, and later by Exhaus.
- Disc-One Final Boss: He personally fought the Carrangers with three Humongous Mechas Exhaus provived prior to Christmas.
- Mad Love: Attempted to woo Zonette whenever he had the chance.
- Top-Heavy Guy: Is built this way, fitting for a Bosozoku boss.
- Villainous Rescue: With the Carrangers' Humongous Mechas wrecked, Exhaus is about to finish them off... until Gynamo threw expired Imo-Youkan on Exhaus.
Beauty Zonnette /Vanity-Mirror Fanbelt | Actress: Rika Nanase
- Buxom Is Better: Her profile is described as this: a "buxom" member of the Bowzocks who uses her feminine wiles, and Gynamo's crush on her, for her own selfish pleasures.
- Dark Chick
- Everything Is Better With Princesses: As Vanity-Mirror.
- High-HeelFace Turn: After an incident involving the matchmaker Gorotsuki. Just to be fair, she was never evil to begin with.
- King Incognito
- Leit Motif: "Dream of Zonnette".
- Ms. Fanservice
- Rebellious Princess: She only joined Bowzock to get away from potential suitors in her home planet.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Kyosuke.
- Token Good Teammate: Zonette is rather uncooperative with the Bowzock, doesn't like fighting that much, and has a thing for Kyosuke. Ultimately justified due to being a princess like Radietta.
- The Vamp
Deputy Leader Zelmoda | Voice Actor: Kyosei Tsukui
- The Dragon: The "deputy leader" of Bowzock and Gynamo's right-hand man.
- Dumb Muscle: Zigzagged. He's competent and ruthless in battle, but is also an insane buffoon like the rest.
- Fear of Thunder: Has Astraphobia, as seen in Episode 14.
- Improbable Weapon User: Wield a sword made up of playing cards.
- Kids Are Cruel: He's already a delinquent since childhood.
- Villainous Friendship: With Gynamo, even after the RitchRitchhiker incident.
Inventor Grotch | Voice Actor: Takashi Nagasako
- Affably Evil: Has no problems casually buying Imo-Youkan from Imocho like a regular customer.
- Contrasting Sequel Antagonist: He's the complete opposite of Jerkass Dirty Coward Zulten.
- Evil Genius: Provides Bowzock with weapons such as the "Fattening Spray", "Forgetfulness Water Gun", "Nuninuni Beam Gun" and "Gekibaka".
- Fat Bastard: By the virtue of working for Bowzock. Otherwise, he anything but a bastard.
- The Pig Pen: He openly admitted that he never bothered to clean himself (his navel in particular) for ten years.
Instructor Ritchhiker | Voice Actor: Nobuo Tanaka
- Arch-Enemy: Of Signalman.
- Knight of Cerebus: The story becomes (slightly) more serious with his debut.
- One-Winged Angel: Gained a more powerful gold form called RitchRitchhiker after being struck by lightning during Bowzock's festival.
- Sanity Slippage: His RitchRitchhiker form also give him delusions of grandeur.
- Signature Laugh: Ritchichichichichi!
- Sixth Ranger: Briefly hired by Gynamo as Bowzock's "evil consultant".
- The Starscream: After gaining more power, he literally bought out the Bowzock and kicked out Gynamo and Zonnette.