In the broadest sense, whenever a character has more than the usual (in the Anglosphere) first, middle, and last name, they are in possession of this trope. Also included are people who have the right number of names, but one or more of them is absurdly long, for example Ulla Inga Hansen-Bensen-Janson-Tallen-Hallen-Svaden-Swanson in the remake of The Producers. (This is actually just her first name. They "don't have the time" to hear her last name.)
Can be used simply as a humor device, getting cheap laughs out of an absurd name; played to the extreme this would be a type of Overly-Long Gag, being so long as to be tedious and thus deriving its humor; or it can be a non-joke to the audience because characters with strange names are expected in the type of show/book/planet/whatever, but cause the characters involved trouble as they try not to react to, or at least comment on, the oddity of the person's name. And if someone wanted to go after the said person, it would be a nightmare for them to recite their full name and jot it down, which makes murdering a person with a notebook not always a good idea.
If the character is not from around here, it might be an example of As Long as It Sounds Foreign. If there is one normal name when all the others are are ridiculous, or vice versa, it can be Aerith and Bob. In all cases, one of these makes for a good Unpronounceable Alias.
A variation exists with Hispanic characters, for whom having at least four names note is the norm. For these characters, the long name may be brandished as a funny part of the culture.
Truth in Television: There are too many actual people, places and things with absurdly long names - it's really better if you just go to the other wiki, where there is a whole article dedicated to this. Doesn't that just simplify everything?
Compare Embarrassing Middle Name, Overly-Long Gag, Some Call Me "Tim", The Unpronounceable, Sesquipedalian Smith, and Try to Fit That on a Business Card. Often results in Fun with Acronyms and its sub-trope Shoehorned Acronym.
- Anime & Manga
- Comic Books
- Fan Works
- Films — Live-Action
- Live-Action TV
- Tabletop Games
- Video Games
- Web Comics
- Western Animation
- Real Life
- In the football episode, Probe merges with two Robolabots, turning it into "Robolabolabolabolabot Super King".
- Pipi Zola's full name is Putri Intan Payung Indah Zulaikha Odelia Ladasyia Absyari.
- Simple Samosa: Iddiyappam Appa, upon introducing himself in "Spa Wars", gives his full name as "Appa Samba Wada Dosa Onion Pypa Butta Masal Appam Beinda Rasam Medu Rava Bist Bele Plain Curry Kela Thali Saptam".
- Dilbert. Most notably Elbonians.
Elbonian: Hello, how may I help you? My name is Kruphnehdahpheweundikaniswalyniaphorganopop... I mean, Carl.
- In Garfield, there is a character in a TV show called Gouda May Freegenweegenswallodribbenfraxenlaxenismabittle.
- Garfield himself lengthened his own name in one strip, resulting in Garfield Horatio III, Esq.
Jon: Embellished our name, did we?
Garfield: (pointing at his resized food dish) Fill 'er up!
- Betty-Jo Bobbie-Sue Mary-Jane Anna-Lee Becky-Lou Wanda-June Ed. According to Jon, "she was named after her six aunts and one uncle".
- Garfield himself lengthened his own name in one strip, resulting in Garfield Horatio III, Esq.
- In the Popeye comics, Swee'pea's real name is actually Scooner Seawell Georgia Washenting Christiffer Columbia Daniel Boom. "Swee'pea" is merely a term of endearment.
- In Curtis, the protagonist's pal Gunk's name is actually an acronym, which stands for "Gladimus Unfred Nostradamus Klaustauvicke".
- The Wacky Adventures of Pedro's title character's full name, as revealed in other Boys' Life columns, is "Don Juan Pedro Ladino de Philmonte."
- The Little Mermaid: Atlantica's official Court Composer, Horatio Thelonious Ignacious Crustaceous Sebastian.
- The Aristocats: Abraham Delacey Giuseppe Casey Thomas O'Malley.
- According to his toy bio, the full name of the character DJ from Cars is Devon Montgomery Johnston III.
- Other cars with long names include Winford Bradford Rutherford, Richard Clayton Kensington, Antonio Veloce Eccellente, and Costanza Della Corsa.
- Lady and the Tramp gave us the name of Pedro's sister: Rosita Chiquita Juanita Chihuahua. Amusingly, Lady can't remember half of it.
- Ignacio Alonzo Julio Federico de Tito in Oliver & Company. Who goes by his last name most of the time.
- In the "A Very Goofy Christmas" segment in Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas, the snowboard that Max is asking for for Christmas has a ludicrously long name.
- Shenzi Marie Predatora Vendetta Jacquelina Hyena from The Lion King, at least according to the Direct to Video film The Lion King 1 ½.note
- In an Boarding School for International Students, a Chinese girl and an Indian girl are caught chatting in class. As punishment, the class teacher tells them to write their names 100 times on a sheet of paper and submit it before class.
The Indian student protests: "It isn't fair, Miss, her name is Eva Li, and my name is Samayamantri Venkata Rama Naga Butchi Anjaneya Satya Krishna Vijay."
- A Japanese folktale of Jugemu tells of a man whose father could not choose any one name to give him, and in the end, decides to give him all of the names he thought up of. As such, his full name is Jugemu Jugemu Gokō-no surikire Kaijarisuigyo-no Suigyōmatsu Unraimatsu Fūraimatsu Kuunerutokoro-ni Sumutokoro Yaburakōji-no burakōji Paipopaipo Paipo-no-shūringan Shūringan-no Gūrindai Gūrindai-no Ponpokopī-no Ponpokonā-no Chōkyūmei-no Chōsuke. One variation of the tale is of a young Jugemu getting into a fight with another boy, and by the time the boy finished reciting Jugemu's full name to his parents, his injury had healed.
- The Cool Kids Table game Here We Gooooo! has T. Yoshisaur Munchikoopas the 52nd.
- Also, their April Fools 2018 episode is called "Star War: A Star Wars Story 001—A Lightly Used Hope (Totally Canon, We Mean It)".
- Lanja from Dice And Virtue. Her full name is Kehilanja Abhorsen-Vinjaja vas-Tehir sen Shelsaa.
- Hello, from the Magic Tavern: As it turns out, this is actual a requisite for wizards of Fuun. To date, we have:
- Eusidore the Blue: "I am Usidore! Wizard of the 12th Realm of Ephysiyies, Master of Light and Shadow, Manipulator of Magical Delights, Devourer of Chaos, Champion of the Great Halls of Terr’akkas. The elves know me as Fi’ang Yalok. The dwarves know me as Zoenen Hoogstandjes. And I am also known in the Northeast as Gaismunēnas Meistar.
- Spintax the Green, Master of the Third, Ninth, and Twelfth Realms of Ephysiyies, Wielder of Arcane Forces Compelling the Living and the Dead, Diviner of Unknowable Truths, Caster of Illusions, Destroyer of Lies, Dissolver of the Wall of Fire, Imbiber of the Nine Deadly Poisons, Author of the Pandenomicon, and Winner of the Wizard's Choice Award; the Dwarfs know me as Nickelback Silverchair, the Angels know me as Mama Cassai'el, the Vampires know me as Cameron Orlando, in the South I am known as Lodestone Greatcraft.
- Jyn'Leeviyah the Red, Wizard of the Sixth Realm of Ephysiyies; Mistress of Nature and Nurture; Reviver of the Springs of Gu’uthmagit; Seer of the Prophecies of the Temziet Mists; Keeper of the Sacred Tome of Deyfral; And two-time Wizard's Choice Award nominee. The Elves know me as Perimmäin So’it’thuri, the Vampires know me as Beyonce Bloodlust; the Tree Folk know me as Opal Vinewitch; and upon the isle of Meegas, I am known as Ukkosta Kassvista. And ask me of mine other names, and I shall gladly share all, my children.
- Can the Yellow aka Caneficent Dewspring, Master of Space and Time, Headmaster of the Jizzlenob Preparatory School for Young Wizards; the Elves did know me Cannigan the Everliving, the Elves do know me as Candle Dewspice, the Elves will know me as Candy Crowley; the Dwarfs did know me as Canned Heat, the Dwarfs do know me as Canticle Lebowitz, and the Dwarfs will know me as Canban Scrummaster...
- And shortest so far, Jamillious the Mauve aka Jamillious Washington, Bringer of Feast and Famine, Master of the Great Plantation, Shatterer of the Triangle Trade Winds; the Dwarfs know me as Dat Dude, the Elves know me as Always Holdin', and I'm also known in the Far South as Boy.
- Psycomedia discusses various long-named psychologists, most prominently Csikszentmihalyi.
- Trials & Trebuchets features a Kobold named The Cobalt Butterfly Kissed The Dew-Wet Rose in the Morning Sun as a minor character. Understandably, she goes by "Duet" for short.
- Welcome to Night Vale has the Desert Flower Bowling Alley and Arcade Fun Complex. which is always said in its entirety. There's also the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives in Your Home, but her name is usually shortened to Faceless Old Woman.
- CHIKARA had Still Life with Apricots and Pears (now known as Edith Surreal) and her former tag team partner Ursa Minor in the Night Sky. Surreal's match with The Proletariat Boar of Moldova at Hour of Power 14 was described as "the most multisyllabic name in CHIKARA history."
- Dragon Gate had an angle where Naoki Tanizaki, who'd been injured, feuded with the former Tomahawk T.T., who'd begun impersonating him as Naoki Tanisaki during his injury over his name. After the imposter defeated the original in a match where the winner received rights to the name and the right to rename the loser, he forced the original to rename to "Mr. Kyu Kyu Toyonaka Dolphin." Upon later winning his name back, Tanizaki decided he liked the Dolphin thing, and his name became "Mr. Kyu Kyu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin." Part of this was because Tanizaki liked the novelty of having the longest name in pro wrestling.
- Also in Dragon Gate, there was a wrestler named "The Former Super Shenlong III Yosuke Watanabe." Originally just Yosuke Watanabe, they became the third wrestler to take up the Super Shenlong character and, after losing the rights to it, were forced to take the long name as additional embarassment.
- One Japanese Garbage Wrestling match was labeled as a No Rope Electrified Barbed Wire Swimming Pool Dynamite Double Hell Death Match.
- Zack Sabre Jr. titled one of his many hideous-looking submission holds "Hurrah! Another Year, Surely This One Will Be Better Than the Last; The Inexorable March of Progress Will Lead Us All to Happiness". This was a shout-out to the British math rock/post-rock band Youthmovies, who used that phrase as the title of a 2004 EP.
- A mild example from Muppet Treasure Island: The full name of one of the crewmembers on the Hispaniola was Big Fat Ugly Bug-Faced Baby-Eating O'Brien. Don't ask.
- A radio episode of Our Miss Brooks featured an attempt by Mr. Conklin to borrow Mrs. Davis's house trailer from Miss Brooks. He wanted to go fishing on an isolated lake, deep in the wilderness. The name of the lake, and the title of the episode? "Oo Oo Me Me Tocoludi Gucci Moo Moo." It's the local Indians' word for "blue."
- The Dickens spoof Bleak Expectations featured a lawyer whose full name took 20 minutes to say. He charged by the hour, so "his name was his greatest asset". The show would either fade out as he was saying his name, or he would be interrupted. His name began with Wyckham-Post-Forburton-...
- A song, possibly known as 'The Baby's Name', has which the chorus is: "The Baby's name is Kitchener-Carrington-Methuen-Kekewich-White-Cronje-Plumer-Powell-Majuba-Gatacre-Warren-Colenso-Kruger-Cape Town-Mafeking-French-Kimberley-Ladysmith-Bobs-The Union Jack-Fighting Mac-Lyddite-Pretoria-Blogs" or something to that effect.
- Doug Berman, the producer of Car Talk, is referred to in the credits with an overly long succession of Embarrassing Nicknames. The longest version is "Doug 'the Subway Fugitive' 'Not-a-Slave-to-Fashion' 'Bongo Boy' 'Frog-Man' 'Punkin Lips' 'Cute-Cute-Cute' Berman".
- Before they started the Running Gag of naming the (also long-named) food-related event from which technical advisor John Bugsy Lawlor has just returned, he also had a long series of nicknames: John 'Bugsy' 'Sebastian' 'Mr. Height' 'Sweet Cheeks' 'Free Lunch' 'Twinkle Toes' 'Donut Breath' 'Hula Hips' 'Gigabyte' 'Make That Two Triple Cheeseburgers' Lawlor.
- One episode of Thanks a Lot, Milton Jones! has a German countess whose name takes so long to recite that everyone falls asleep and, when they wake up the following morning, the host is still reciting it. It actually becomes a plot point at the end: trying to remember such a horrifically-long name has damaged her memory so much that she once left her infant daughter in an Essex pub and forgot all about it.
- .EXE ~ A Virus Containment Game: The third game contains a character whose full name is "270 degree (not 90 degree) Rotated Chester Alan Arthur, 21st President of the United States. (But you can call him Chester.) Yes, this is his full name including the parentheticals and this statement also." For obvious reasons, almost everyone just calls him Chester.
- In Rain Quest, because the players chose so many different names for Joel, his original full name was a combination of all of them: Joel Aquakamelech Abramovich Maximum-Horsefeathers. Although he was called Joel for short, the players eventually decided to change his name to simply Joel.
- In Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, there is a droid in the queue named G2-4T, which he says is short for something much longer, and he says that that's only his first name.
G2-4T: I'd tell you my last name, but I don't want to hold up the line.
- Ever17 gives you 'Tanaka Yuubiseiharukana' and Tanaka Yuubiseiakikana in The Kid's routes.
- In Takeshi's route, when trying to think of a nickname for the Kid, Coco suggests "Pablo Diego Jose Francisco de Hora Juan Novecino Marie de Los Remedios Siburiano de la Santessima Trinidado Luis Picasso". The Kid decides to just stick with "the Kid". (The scary thing is, this is based on the full name of Pablo Picasso, which in Real Life was even longer).
- In Lucky Dog 1, the protagonist is known as Giancarlo Bourbon del Monte. Since his full name is obviously quite a mouthful, he is more commonly known as Gian.
- Little Busters!: Kud's full name is Kudryavka Anatolyevna Strugatskaya, which isn't too unusual for a Russian name but is very long to Japanese people. Though in a Deconstruction, Kud finds it kind of hurtful that people always laugh when they hear how overly dramatic her name sounds, and is quite touched when Riki doesn't.
- In Higurashi: When They Cry Kizuna, Kotohogushi-hen, Hanyuu's real name is Hai=ryuun Yeasomuul Jeda,◊(yes, equals sign and all). Riku Furude, Hanyuu's lover, never could remember it/how to pronounce it, so he called her Hanyuu and it stuck.
- The H-Visual Novel, Resort Boin gives us: Mika Kuouzumiaiginsusutakeizumonokamimeichoujin.
- In Code:Realize, the protagonists enter an airship race to acquire a minor MacGuffin. Their engineer names their ship the HMS Impey and Princess and Their Servants, after himself and the main character. The race announcer decides to shorten it to HMS Princess and Servants.
- In the Ace Attorney series:
- In Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Justice For All, Shelly de Killer's Japanese name "Sazaemon Koroshiya" is nine kanji long (虎狼死家 左々右エ門). Most names clock in at four, but he uses an unusually long name by Japanese standards, composed of a string of characters using very short readings. note
- In the last case of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice, the full English name of the Minister of Justice for the Kingdom of Khura'in Inga Karkhuul Khura'in is Inga Karkhuul Haw'kohd Dis'nahm Bi'ahni Lawga Ormo Pohmpus Da'nit Ar'edi Iz Khura'in III. This is actually a plot point in the final case when the potential of Maya channeling him is brought up; to do so, you need to know the person's face and full name, and Maya only knows him as Inga Kharkuul Khura'in.
- In The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve, one of the witnesses for the third chapter is named Wilhelm Gottsreich Sigismond Ormstein. The Court Record just gives up and calls him "Bohemian Boy", while the main character calls him "Master Gotts".
- The entirety of the main antagonists in Muv-Luv, are referred to by the rather long name of Beings of the Extra-Terrestrial origin which is Adversary of human race. It's quite the mouthful so they just shorten it to BETA instead.
- Danganronpa has The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event In Human History; or "The Tragedy" for short.
- Catsing Call: The ragdoll cat's full name is "Osiris Dior Sauvage von Katzenwald... Descendant of Venezia Jupi-" and the scene cuts off before we can hear the rest.
- Homestar Runner:
- The Strong Bad Email "i love you" gives us Fhqwhgadshgnsdhjsdbkhsdabkfabkveybvf. This holds the dubious record of the longest string of consonants in the series - sixteen to be exact. Strong Bad managed to pronounce the whole thing once, but quickly shortened it to Fhqwhgads because in the time it took him to say that, he could have made a painting of a guy with a big knife.
- In an Easter Egg in "50 emails", Old-Timey Strong Bad receives a telegram from Sir Elsington Hallsdingdingsworth.
- In "the process", Strong Bad gets an email signed "Em", and he assumes it must be short for something, like Emerson, Embrodak, or Emtarkanderundersgunderson.
- In the email "pet show", The Cheat performs in the Cat Mess Inbredtational Pet Show under the name Saberlord's Scritchascratch Cakemonger The Cheat. Homestar, meanwhile, has been entered under the name Fluffle's Buffles Scruffle's Homestar Runner.
- One of Strong Bad's alter egos in "secret identity" is a female magazine columnist named Cara Carabowditbowdit.
- If the Emperor Had a Text-to-Speech Device:
- The Emperor challenges Kitten to a game of Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Forth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker (actually an expy of Yu-Gi-Oh!).
- A later episode has Magnus ask "Kitten" for his full name. He's a Custodes (who live for thousands of years and accumulate names based on great accomplishments) so they just skip forward (several hours) to Magnus getting bored and telling him to stop halfway through.
- In The Leet World, the leader of the terrorists' little backyard band has his name standing at five words: Cortez Amelio Alejandro Jesus Cardinal.
- Lego Pirate Misadventures:
- The second episode has the guys run into a "Stereotypical Islander Guy" named Oogydoogbergsonmargolatitudekaypainkismitelephantlatrinetweaksmithpassportmoisttoiletteninetytwonincorbluepoquipsibowlinggreendelsinatraartistformallyknownasooganderson, though the following episode simplified it as "Oogey Boogson".
- His father's name is even worse. Oogydoogbergsonmargolatitudekaypainkismitelephantlatrinetweaksmithpassportmoisttoiletteninetytwonincorbluepoquipsibowlinggreendelsinatraartistformallyknownasooganderson is about forty-five now, his dad's been telling him his name since he he was three.
- Object Shows, especially its sub-genre Joke Shows, are fond of adding unnecessarily longwinded descriptors to an already straightforward name.
- Battle for Dream Island: Its Spin-Off series, BFDI Mini, had Selfie Dog also known as "jack russell terrier dog riding very fast with speed a skateboard as skater, with sunglasses in summer vacation, taking a selfie with smartphone or cell phone" (all lowercase letters) and to a lesser degree, "Purple Girl with Wind Hair and Angry Eyes" who goes by her first two names.
- Object Filler: Four contestants, in increasing detail and convolution, are named "The Remains Of The Glue That Peeled Off Your Skin" (TR), "The Ketchup That You Accidentally Squirted To Your Napkin So Now It's Hard And It Still Has Napkin Pieces On It" (Ketchup Stuff), "That One Side View Mirror On The Passenger Side Of My Mom's Car That Bumped Me In The Left Arm Recently" (Sideview Car Mirror) and, oh boy here we go, "My Channel Logo But Put Green Headphones On His Head And He Has All Limbs And They Are Green And He Has White Eyes And A White Smile Like This He Also Has Green Sunglasses And Its Name Is CT But Make His Eyes Visible Thru Them But If U Cant Then Take Off The Glasses" (CT). Say any of those names, especially the last one, three times fast.
- Obama's Hidden Info Objects: Default Discord Profile Picture, isn't as much of an overkill as the rest of the examples listed but it's still the longest in the show since everyone else's names would have two words at most. His Evil Counterpart in the webcomic is appropriately named "Evil Default Discord Profile Picture", making it the longest out of both series.
- Really Cool Object Show: There's a contestant with the name of "Rusty Damaged Samurai Sword That's Actually A Knife Because It's Not Strong Enough To Stab Through Bones".
- The Knight Exemplars of Lord of Dragons all have these sorts of names: Robespierre de Fortescue Von Garamond-Lily the Murderer of Eighty-Seven Babies And An Adorable Puppy, Guy de Verigengen Van Gervenger-Vergenven-Geodendag the Vicious Attacker of Grannies With Bags Of Shopping And Zimmer Frames, and Hector de Payens-Wayans-Rochefort-Wensleydale Smyth-Smith-Culverin-Willoughby-Wallaby-Wallace the Third, who has no title as his name is too long anyway.
- The cowboy's name in Old Western Name Generator is Billy Bob Joe Joe Joe Bo Billy Billy Bob Bo Billy Bo Joe Billy Bo Bo Billy Bo Billy Joe Billy Billy Joe Joe Joe Bo Billy Bob Bo Billy Joe Bo Billy Billy Bob Joe Joe Bo Billy... note
- In the Orion's Arm universe, one archailect has a name described as "apparently a mathematical real function consisting of no less than 46.3 sextillion terms; it is believed there is some short representation but none has been found by lower toposophic entities, although one posthuman observer claimed that it was simply a Taylor polynomial approximation of the sine function around x = 2 ^ 1e+(1e+(1e+100))"
- The Questport Chronicles has this in spades, until it's practically become a Running Gag. Examples include The Prince of Shadows and Illusions, The Lord of Angels and Demons, The King of Thieves and Assassins, and The Queen of Rogues and Robbers.
- Toki and Doki: Sisters Reunited:
- Giselle's full name is Giselle Opal Diamond Peridot Lazuli Ruby Sapphire Topaz Turquoise Amber Amethyst Beryl Aquamarine Emerald Garnet Quartz Tourmaline Agate Cameo Ivory Zicronia Onyx Alumina Azure Citrine Spodumene Fauna Jade Marcasite Almondine Amber Fluorite Moonstone Ametrine Rhodolite Sphene Ione Iolite Aventurine Diopside Amazonite Alexandrite Nuumite Andesine Axinite Orthoclase Pearl Carnelian Pieterisite Charoite Chalcedony Chrysoberyl Rutile Chrysoprase Clinohumite Diaspore Serpentine Coral Danburite Goshenite Grossularite Sunstone Sugilite Idocrase Tashmarine Tanzanite Matrix Jadeite Tsavorite Jaspera Sardonyx Silver Copper Platinum Gold Bloodstone Botticelli
- On that vein, while not nearly as long (from what we've read), Precious full name is Precious Angelique Marie Margaux Merlotte Yvette Elizabeth Bethesda Mina Fleur Adelaida Lucille Belle Bijou Cheri Antoinetta Violetta Gisellia Begonia Geranium Genevieve Francheska Charlotte Tulipe Neige Elise Rose Rouge Ulrike Camille Elle Ella Rosemarie Evangeline Angeline Chastete Blanche Glace Pointue Irene Chartreuse Hortensia Hortense Lafayette Lafayetta and so on DeBours'e
- From Killerbunnies: We get Visceraline, whose apparent real name was "Vladimira Lenora Agnes Belladonna Lucretzia Josephine Henrietta Rowena Philomena Theodosia Emmeline Evangeline Mahulda Fidelia Constance van Maydestone-Strangewayes"
- To a lesser degree we get Fae's real name being Fleurdelice Belladonna Fae Chantrea Enderstone and Hyacinth's being "Hyacinth Angelica Cerise Blumenthal". Those are just about a few we hear, apparently, the artist liked to write long names.
- The 1491s feature powwow emcees Howard LittleHeadFiddlerOldHorn and his friend Willard BeylDearlyCoffey Jr. in their "A Day In The Life Of A Powwow Emcee" Mockumentary trilogy.
- The Angry Video Game Nerd's theme song (in its full version) refers to him as the "Angry Atari Amiga CD-i Colecovision Intellivision Sega Neo Geo TurboGrafx-16 Odyssey 3DO Commodore Nintendo Nerd".
- When Mike Trapp from CollegeHumor got angry with the writers for having no sketch pitches, Katie responded by improvising an example of this trope.
Katie: Yeah, that's right. I said her name is Amir Raphael Wallstripes Turkey Helmet Couch Floor Table Tube Hair Sweater Blanket Guitar Wood Chair Cushion Dragon Map Beard Pen Astronaut Spill Garbage Can Used Kleenex Laptop Lamp Trophy Board Game Globe Books Door Gnome Ceiling Phone Frame Poster Dumbass Plant Notebooks Light Pillow! It's a character sketch, duh!
- Campaign one of Critical Role has the illustrious gunslinger PC Percival Frederickstein von Musel Klossowski de Rolo III...but you can call him Percy. Played for laughs in Episode 30, when the rest of the players try to say his name and get it horrendously wrong... and then he tries to say it himself, and also gets it wrong.
Taliesin Jaffe: Percival Frederickstein Klossowski FUCK von Musel de Rolo III.
- Ann T. Disestablishmentarianism from the Daniel Trasher video "When you have hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia". The "T" in her name stands for thermoluminescence.
- Kai Abridged 2 of Team Four Star's Dragonball Z Abridged has Guru give himself so many names when introducing himself to Krillin, that he only finishes after Gohan arrives. Nail even throws a Lampshade by just offering the Dragonball to Krillin while stating that he (Guru) will be at it for quite some time.
- Dream SMP:
- The official name for Drywaters, a now-defunct faction founded by Fundy and Niki, is Smokey-Corn-on-The-Cob-Waterville-Dry-Hands-Desert-Land.
- Funnily enough, according to his copy of the Las Nevadas contract, Fundy's full name is "Fun Jonatahan micahel vincent georgina james sus Dy".
- During the Tales From the SMP episode "The Masquerade", one of the attendees' names, also played by Fundy the content creator, is Oliver Arechtenshire Smitselist Cumbucket.
- Epic Rap Battles of History has Pablo Picasso rap out his full name (or nearly so) — and it takes up most of his second verse.
- The Game Grumps gave us Mr. Mrs. Dr. Plurmp Dangerfield "Dankenstein" McFlurntennote the Cat the Monkey, Esquire Junior Senior, the name of their playable character in Sonic Forces.
- ITV in the Face: in the "Tyne Tees" episode, one of the speculative names for the station was the long and unwieldy "The Tyne And The Wear And Also The Tees Television".
- Played for Laughs in The Nostalgia Critic's Godzilla review. There is a running gag in the video that no one can pronounce one of the characters' names:
Critic: Good old Testosterone—
Nick: It's Tatopoulos.
Critic: Mr. Tapdancelous—
Nick: It's Tatopoulos.
Critic: [voiceover] So after that we see Audrey, as she comes across Mr. Tackanovahumpashirerickydickyhamstermasterpollywollywannabingbangsupercalifragilisticnickknackpaddywhackgiveadogabananafannafofrescahickorydickoryhocketypocketywocketyangelinafrancescathethird
Nick: It's Tatopoulos!
Critic: [voiceover] Whatever.
- Pirates SMP: Invoked by Bek, who names her ship "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch" after the real-life Welsh town that deliberately lengthened its name for tourism.note She explains to Jojo that by the time her enemies have finished saying the ship's full name, she will have already boarded their ship.
- Scott The Woz:
- The titular character's full name, as revealed in the episode "Mega Man (NES) | Growing Pains", is Scott "Will Eventually Take A Look At The First Mega Man" Wozniak (or Scott W.E.T.A.L.A.T.F.M.M. Wozniak for short).
- A later episode introduces one of his friends, I Don't Know How I Didn't Realize I Had To Twist The Joystick To Play Pole Position I Was Just A Kid Leave Me Alone.
"I hate my parents."
- Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwemubwem Osas is, supposedly, the man with the "hardest name in Africa". He's actually a character played by Nigerian comedian David Igwe.
- Episode 53 of You Suck at Cooking gives us the "Garlic spinach and sundried tomatoes mixed with macaroni and cheese until it all tastes delicious and then you eat it mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it's so good why didn't I think of this a long time ago and will I ever be able to eat macaroni and cheese ever again without this awesome stuff inside it I doubt it except that it's a lot of work so I'll probably just think about it next time then won't actually go to all the trouble unless I'm trying to impress someone but maybe i should start trying to impress myself for a change and see where that gets me in life I'm ordering Thai".