Lucas Eatwell is a professional wrestler born 24 July 1987 in Sittingbourne, Kent, England, better known by the ring name Zack Sabre Jr.. He was trained by Jon Ryan, Andre Baker, Naomichi Marufuji and Yoshinari Ogawa, and wrestles in EVOLVE, New Japan Pro-Wrestling, Pro Wrestling Guerilla, Progress Wrestling and Revolution Pro Wrestling.
Among his accolades, he's 1x DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion, 1x Defiant Internet Champion, 1x EVOLVE Champion, 1x GSW Breakthrough Champion, 2x IPW:UK Unified British Tag Team Champion (w/Marty Scurll), 1x NWA United Kingdom Junior Heavyweight Champion in NWA-UK Hammerlock, 1x PWF Middleweight Champion, 1x PWG World Champion, 2x GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champion (w/Yoshinari Ogawa), 3x RevPro British Heavyweight Champion, 3x RevPro Undisputed British Tag Team Champion (2x w/Marty Scurll and 1x w/Minoru Suzuki), 1x Triple X Wrestling Heavyweight Champion, 1x wXw World Heavyweight Champion, 1x wXw World Lightweight Champion and 1x wXw World Tag Team Champion (with Big Daddy Walter). He also won a lot of tournaments including New Japan Cup 2018, Battle of Los Angeles 2015, Super Strong Style 16 2018 and wXw 16 Carat Gold Tournament 2016, and appeared in PWI's Top-500 wrestlers of 2018 ever since 2014note , received WON's Bryan Danielson Award for Best Technical Wrestler between 2012 and 2015 and has a match of the year for his match with Marty Scurll at in 2012.
Tropes applying to Zack Sabre Jr.:
- Aborted Arc: His run with the Defiant Internet Title got cut because of his compromises with New Japan Pro-Wrestling.
- Aerith and Bob: Zack's signature techniques' names range from A ("Article 50") to Z ("Zack Driver"), and from "Orienteering With Napalm Death" to "Hurrah! Another Year, Surely This One Will Be Better Than the Last; The Inexorable March of Progress Will Lead Us All to Happiness".
- Arch-Enemy: Without a doubt for most of 2019, it was Los Ingobernables member SANADA, who began to shock win against him nearly every way possible; Submission and pins alike and matching his technical prowess hold for hold. He did not take it well, and essentially got SANADA onto the card at Wrestle Kingdom 14 by demanding he get the chance to beat him for good.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: His schtick in Suzuki-Gun.
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: Few things sound cooler than having "Sabre" as your ring name surname.
- Boring, but Practical: His technician style features few, if any flashy maneuvers whatsoever, but his offense largely exists as being locked in a submission hold for extended periods of time, and by goodness is it effective.
- Combat Commentator: At the crossover between CZW and wXw, CZW/18+ Tournament Of Death Vs. Gorefest.
- Crowd Song:
- Elective Broken Language / Elective Unintelligible: Mostly whenever he's in Japan. Watching his interactions with the rest of Suzuki-Gun reveals he has at least a passing knowledge of Japanese. Not enough to make TAKA Michinoku a Completely Unnecessary Translator, but enough that he can respond to certain lines in Japanese promos. Of course, not only does he not care to, but he plays up his foreign persona by continuing to make niche references to British politics even when outside of Britain.
- Finishing Move: The Cross Armbreaker and the Sabre Driver (a Double Underhook Brainbuster).
- Hero Killer: Shaping up to be this in New Japan Pro Wrestling, scoring upset wins in the 2018 New Japan Cup over Tetsuya Naito, Kota Ibushi, SANADA, and even company ace Hiroshi Tanahashi to win the tournament.
- I Have Many Names: "British Master", "ZSJ", "Submission Master".
- The Mentor: Trained several wrestlers, the most important of them being Mark Andrews.
- Power Stable:
- Power Trio: "Friends of Low Moral Fiber", with Chuck Taylor and Kenny Omega prior to their joining NJPW under different stables.
- In NJPW, when he isn't teaming with Minoru Suzuki himself, he's often found teaming with his other Suzuki-Gun stablemates TAKA Michinoku and Taichi.
- Tag Team:
- Tall And Skinny: 6.0'' and weighs 181 lbs.
- Too Many Belts: Wore multiple titles he won in other promotions to the ring in NJPW. For extended periods of time, he'd go by the nicknames "Zacky Two Belts" or "Zacky Three Belts".
- Of course, by the time he lost them all, he began to pick up a much more embarrassing epithet: "Zacky No Belts".
- Torture Technician: His ring style of pretty much just putting people in heinous looking submission holds for 20 minutes until one breaks them looks like this already, but in New Japan it's explicit when as a member of Suzuki-Gun he's implied to be enjoying hurting people.
- Tournament Arc: A comprehensive list can be found here:
- Uninstallment: There's no Zack Sabre Sr, it just sounds cooler.
- Villanous Breakdown: His post-loss press conferences in 2019 are largely him pitching an absolute fit over it, especially when it was against SANADA.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: Wears a jacket with the Union Jack on it to the ring.
- Weak, but Skilled: Weights 85kg/180lbs and rarely uses any suplexes, but try naming half the submission maneuvers he uses.