With the setting of Alternative encountering unexpected popularity, âge began putting out works which further flesh out that world, starting with Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse (which got animated in Summer 2012), followed by the various sidestories collectively called Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles, and the light novel Schwarzesmarken, which finished serialization in 2014. In addition, there is a serial photonovel called Tactical Surface Fighter in Action (TSFIA), which contains short vignettes from the Alternative universe, and a chronological sequel of Unlimited, called The Day After. There is also the booklet series Exogularity, containing side materials and more importantly, details of Alternative universe's future.
Works in this series:
- Muv-Luv Extra
- Muv-Luv Unlimited
- Muv-Luv Unlimited: The Day After
- Muv-Luv Alternative
- Muv-Luv Integrate
- Muv-Luv Alternative: Strike Frontier
Below are tropes pertaining to works in the franchise that have not yet had pages made for them or other things that do not fit neatly onto any existing pages.
- Adjustable Censorship: The Steam releases of the trilogy censor the sexual content, but an optional "Director's Cut" DLC is available for purchase from Denpasoft.
- Harder Than Hard: In the two turn-based strategy game spinoffs. What is more difficult than Hell Mode (which outright tells you that winning is impossible), you ask? Why, Real Mode, of course! And the second game's Real Mode is even harder than that of the first!
- Hero of Another Story: There's the occasional stories about the main casts of Alternative, The Euro Front, The Day After and Total Eclipse.
- Hotter and Sexier: Strike Frontier, a gacha game, has (unvoiced) H-scenes for SR girls, including pre-existing characters such as Yui (in her adult and younger versions), Yuuhi, and various others.
- Number of the Beast: Two examples in sidestories.
- The number designation of the unit the main cast of the Unlimited/Alternative prequel/sidestory Schwarzesmarken belongs to: the 666th TSF Squadron.
- The standard military code for "impending G-Bomb deployment" is CODE666, which is first seen at the aptly-named Operation Lucifer.
- Self-Deprecation: "Chicken Divers", which refer to pilots who have survived a second orbital drop, is a Gallows Humor title they applied to themselves, as "cowards" (chickens) who ran away from death twice.
- Spiritual Successor: The non-Extra ones can be considered a successor to the Gunparade March in many aspects. Alternate history caused by Alien Invasion? Check. Very low draft age? Check. Anyone Can Die? Check.
- We ARE Struggling Together: A key theme and source of drama in the works set in the alternate universe. Even with the Bug War going on, various powers, and factions within those powers, are making plans to come out ahead in a hypothetical postwar period. Said plans involve such things like under-the-table deals, false flag operations, backstabbing "allies", and a TSF which is future-proofed against both PvE and PvP. Word of God has remarks on the absurdity of the situation.