He has done four stand-up tours - Live Universe Tour - Part 1: Earth, Lion Whisperer, On The Road and Temple Of Daft. He will start his most current tour, Milton Jones is Out There in September 2017.
Milton has been a comedian for over 20 years, and won the Perrier Award in 1996. His career really took off in 2008, when he joined (and later became a regular) on the BBC2 topical panel show Mock the Week.
Tropes Associated with Milton Jones:
- Black Comedy Burst: He has plenty of friendly gags (one of his stand-up DVDs got a U rating), but he does occasionally have a darker joke than the rest.Milton: [On the subject of teachers] Marking. That's a problem, isn't it? I find, though, if you wrap the child in a mattress before you hit them...
- Catchphrase: "BOTHER!" In The Very World of Milton Jones.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Prime example of one. Whenever he does stand-up or Mock the Week, there is always a moment of complete silence when everyone is trying to work out what on earth he just said. He also wears Hawaiian shirts and has very messy hair.Andy Parsons: Sometimes it's hard to tell which week Milton is mocking.
- Comically Missing the Point: "I'm the most famous undercover journalist in the world! I could walk into any drug den or illegal betting syndicate and everyone would know who I am!"
- Don't Explain the Joke: Milton will sometimes do this, usually following very subtle jokes. For instance, he told this one on Mock the Week:Milton: I don't know about you, but I often feel like Joseph at the inn in Bethlehem, holding a crib of straws saying, "No. I wanted to see the manager." [While looking over at Andy's side] Manger.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Milton is a Christian, and he intentionally avoids using profanity in his comedy routines.
- Hurricane of Puns: Basically his entire career. It seems to have worked quite well.
- Messy Hair: Oh yes. If you see an interview of him WITHOUT the messy hair he instantly looks different.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Don't let the Cloud Cuckoo Lander stage persona fool you. He's clearly switched on and aware of what's happening whenever he performs.
- Older Than They Look: He was born on May 16th 1964, which makes him 52 as of 2016. He doesn't look 52 (although he has aged noticably in the past few years).
- Pungeon Master: Very much so.
- Running Gag: "My other grandfather..."
- Stealth Pun: For some of Milton's gags, he'll trail off before he gets to the punchline.