- Awesome Music: The theme for VRV Robo.
- When the Carrangers finally get around to acting like honest-to-god heroes, a certain theme starts playing: "Accel Changer!" (specifically the second part, starting at 0:38).
- Signalman and Sirender's theme song is surprisingly cool, especially during Sirender's first fight: Shirobai Yaro Signalmannote
- Victrailer Kyodai-naru Machine (Giant Machine VicTrailer) has a ludicrously heroic theme. Godzilla meets a goddamn force of justice, really.
- Dakara Tatakau Carranger (Why Carranger Fights) plays while Red Racer mans (leaders?) up and steals back the stolen RV Robo.
- Evil Is Sexy: Zonnette, before her High-HeelFace Turn.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Carranger vs Ohranger has Kyousuke learn an important lesson, that he should always judge whether someone's good or not based on their physical appearance.
- Fetish Retardant: While Zonette is intended to be Ms. Fanservice, her bony pigeon-chest makes her this to some.
- Hollywood Pudgy: Youko. A big deal is made in episode 11 about how overweight she is with everyone from the monster of the week to news reporters commending on it. When she is shown in a bikini, however, she is very slim (not helped by the fact that Natsumi is shown in a bikini besides her and looks EXACTLY THE SAME).
- Memetic Mutation: The "Select Your CarRanger" music from the Super Famicom game has seen plenty of use in YTPMVs.
- Mis-blamed: Or rather, Miscredited - as noted on the main page, western fans will often refer to this series as the one that saved Super Sentai. However, toy sales for Carranger (11.8 billion yen) were lower than those of its predecessornote , and in terms of viewing numbers, for the majority of its runnote , Carranger had even lower ratings that Ohrangernote . If one was to label one Sentai series with the title of "Franchise Saviour", then the series that would deserve the title aired 5 years earlier.
- No Problem with Licensed Games: It's pretty basic but the Super Famicom game based on the show is a decent play.
- "Seinfeld" Is Unfunny: Something of a common opinion nowadays.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: One of the battle themes seems very much similar in tone of Super Robot Wars 4's Time To Come.
- Tear Jerker: The death of Speed King Max in episode 9 is not played for laughs at all, and it's heartbreaking.
- Win Back the Crowd: While many fans would argue if the series itself saved Sentai, they do agree that it played a part in giving Toei another shot in saving the franchise from cancellation, which is later filled in by Megaranger.
- The Woobie: Naoki
YMMV / Gekisou Sentai Carranger