Captain Gorō Hoshino/Oh Red | Actor: Masaru Shishido
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: He managed to link with the Out of Control Red Puncher Robot, and is a Captain while his subordinates are all First Lieutenants.
- The Leader: He is the official leader of the sentai team.
- Meaningful Name: In Japanese, Go means Five and Hoshi means Star.
- Rookie Red Ranger: Inverted; he had his powers before the series even began.
- Signature Move: Hiken Choriki Risernote
- Standardized Leader: Takes his role as commander against Baranoia seriously.
Lieutenant Shouhei Yokkaichi/Oh Green | Actor: Kunio Masaoka
- An Axe to Grind: Square Crushers
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Trained in Boxing.
- Foil He's more impulsive and fun-loving in order to balance out his cool-headed and straight-laced commander.
- The Big Guy: Thanks to his background in boxing and heavy-to-wield Square Crushers, he is the team's heavy hitter.
- The Lancer: Is second in command of the team and can at times be more impulsive than Gorō.
- Meaningful Name: Yokkaichi means rectangle.
- Signature Move: Denko Choriki Crushernote
- Team Dad: The oldest and most rational of the team.
Lieutenant Yuuji Mita/Oh Blue | Actor: Masashi Gōda
- Distressed Dude: He ends up captured or tied up more often than any of the others.
- Dual Tonfas: Delta Tonfas, their triangular blades also qualifies them for Blade Below the Shoulder
- Friend to All Children: The team in general shares this trait, but he in particular stands out for his more kiddish qualities. He relates to them more.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Is the most prone to bumbling and gets along with kids.
- Meaningful Name: His last name possess a kanji that means "three"
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Went into one after the death of Bara Revenger.
- Signature Move: Inazuma Choriki Tonfanote
Lieutenant Juri Nijou/Oh Yellow | Actress: Ayumi Asō
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: According to Shouhei, at least, her cooking is strange.
- The Big Girl: Serves as a secondary one after Shouhei.
- Fake Defector: Pulled this on the team to get an antidote for a monster's poison, but her plan backfires.
- Fighting with Chucks: Twin Baton
- Girlish Pigtails: Wears them in several episodes.
- Kick Chick: Uses lots of kicks in her fighting style.
- Meaningful Name: Contains the Japanese word for "two" in her surname.
- Ms. Fanservice: In episode 23, which she spends the majority of in skimpy swimwear.
- Signature Move: Sakuretsu Choriki Batonnote
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: While mostly tomboyish, she likes cute things and gets into traps because of it.
Lieutenant Momo Maruo/Oh Pink | Actress: Tamao Satō
- Alliterative Name: Momo Maruo
- Born in the Wrong Century: Or at least decade, she's very nostalgic for older cities and styles of clothing.
- Force and Finesse: Uses Tai Chi as her fighting style as opposed to the more offensive fighting style of Juri.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Circle Defender is a defensive weapon, obviously.
- Meaningful Name: Momo Maruo means Pink Circle in Japanese.
- Shield Bash: Circle Defenser can also be used offensively.
- Signature Move: Shippu Choriki Denfensernote
Riki/King Ranger | Actor: Shōji Yamaguchinote
- Bling-Bling-BANG!: King Pyramider
- Bling of War: His armor and entire arsenal. So much so that, despite being officially designated as a Black Ranger, most of his gear and aura are more gold than they are black. His suit is the only thing about him more black than gold, but even the gold parts dominate the suit. Little wonder his adaptation was renamed Gold.
- Carry a Big Stick: King Stick
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Now that he's awakened in the present.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Riki considers himself a knight who's top mission is to protect Dorin.
- Older Than They Look: Despite his young age, he is six hundred million years old (albeit most of them in suspended animation) and quite mature.
- Really 700 Years Old: He is in fact the oldest ranger in the series after he entered a suspended animation for over a millennium.
- Signature Move: King Victory Flash
- Sixth Ranger: First appears in Episode 26.
- Super Prototype: To the Ohrangers. Justified, since his powers were created from ancient times.
Chief Naoyuki Miura | Actor: Hiroshi Miyauchi
- Authority Equals Asskicking: He's the leader of the United Air Force and can kick major ass if he needs to.
Dorin | Actress: Lisa Wada
- Disney Death: Was killed at the hands of Multiwa. She gets better in the finale.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Also like Riki, she's a girl from the past living in the present day.
- Friend to All Living Things: Wild animals will rally themselves in her defense of their own accord.
- Living MacGuffin: Contains the source of the Choriki powers, thus making her a central importance to the storyline.
- Older Than They Look: Like Riki, chronologically she's older than her biological age by millions of years.
Paku | Voice Actor: Etsuko Kozakura
- Cool Pet: Is a bipedal lizard.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Inverted, he's a friendly lizard.
- Satellite Character: He only serves as Dorin's pet and nothing more.
Gunmajin | Voice Actor: Akira Kamiya
- Cool Sword: Majin Saber
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He's terrified of the Youkai in the Ole Vs. Kakuranger movie.
Machine Empire Baranoia
Emperor Bacchus Wrath | Voice Actor: Toru Ohira
- Disc-One Final Boss: He may have been defeated by the Ohrangers, but all there is left at this point is Buldont.
- The Emperor: Of the entire Baranoia Empire.
- Losing Your Head: After being defeated by Ohranger, his head was all that remained and was hurled deep into space and ended up on a distant planet.
- Meaningful Name: A combination of Bacchus (Roman god of wine) and Dachshund (a breed of dogs).
Empress Hysteria | Voice Actress: Minori Matsushima
- Alas, Poor Villain: It's not hard to feel sympathy for her after she commits suicide just after becoming a grandmother.
- Character Development: From heartless person to a kind-hearted grandmother by the end before she died.
- Driven to Suicide: She chose to die as a "thank you" that the Ohrangers spared her grandson.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: She truly cares for her entire family.
- Meaningful Name: Combination of "hysteria" and "terrier".
Prince Buldont | Voice Actor: Tomokazu Seki
- Came Back Strong: After his body is destroyed in a duel with Bomber the Great, leaving only his dismembered head, he is revived into a more powerful form as Kaiser Buldont after Bacchus Wrath transferred his energy to him.
- Dragon Ascendant: After the passing of his father.
- Kid-Appeal Character: Despite being evil, he's pretty cute as Prince Buldont... then his father died.
- Knight of Cerebus: The series got a lot darker after his upgrade.
- Meaningful Name: Combination of "bulldog" and "Pluton".
- Overlord Jr.: Spends just as much time bossing others around as his parents.
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up: Upgrades himself upon his father being defeated by the Ohrangers.
- Took a Level in Badass When the upgrade is complete, he is naturally stronger than before it started.
- True Final Boss: Along with Maltihua, he's the last threat that the Ohrangers encounter.
- Walking Spoiler: His particular Character Development caused a lot of changes for the show's tone.
Princess Multiwa | Voice Actress: Miho Yamada
- Meaningful Name: Combination of "maltese" and "chihuahua".
- The Straight and Arrow Path: Is surrounded by countless machines and guns, yet uses a bow that converts to a sword in combat.
Bomber the Great | Voice Actor: Nobuyuki Hiyama
- Defeat Equals Explosion: A rare aversion, since his body still had one more function to perform. The aversion is so unusual the Power Rangers version even edited in an explosion.
- Shaped Like Itself: He's a bomb and considers himself great.
- The Starscream: Plans to take control of Baranoia for himself.
- The Rival: He is this to Gunmazin
- Ungrateful Bastard: He turns into this to either Hysteria, Buldont, or Acha and Kocha, whenever he has a great plan in mind, or whenever his plans fail.
Butlers Acha and Kocha | Voice Actors: Kaneta Kimotsuki (Acha) and Shinobu Adachi (Kocha)
- Make My Monster Grow: Acha throws Kocha onto a monster to help the latter grow to massive proportions.
- Those Two Guys: They're always together.