A list characters appearing in Witch Craft Works.
Voiced by: Yuusuke Kobayashi
A seemingly ordinary boy who sits next to Ayaka Kagari, the school Chairwoman's daughter and the most popular girl in school. This position is a lot more trouble than it's worth, as those envious of him are not above physical assault. One day, while getting chores for the school done, he's nearly killed by a falling clock tower. This is when Kagari reveals the fact that she's a witch to him and saves his life. Takamiya soon finds out that there's something powerful sealed within him, and that dangerous witches known as the Tower Witches who will stop at nothing to capture him and steal it.
- Barrier Maiden: When Kazane is left powerless, Honoka performs the same pact as her so as to protect the city and enable the Workshop Witches to use magic again. It only works because he actually has enough power to do so.
- Berserk Button: Do not belittle Ayaka or treat her like a tool. Doing both enraged him to the point that Alciana backed off... in fear.
- Berserker Tears: At the end of chapter 55, when he angrily confronts Ayaka's birth mother for abusing the poor girl and forcing Evermillion's spirit, or something like it into her in the first place.
- Big Brother Instinct: For Kasumi, despite the latter being a full-fledged Witch.
- Boy of My Dreams: Before they met, Kagari had a recurring dream in which she saw Takamiya talking to her in a field.
- Calling the Old Man Out: In the pendant arc, he repeatedly calls out Ayaka's birth mother on the cruel treatment she inflicted on her daughter. The bitch couldn't care less.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Kagari. It's frequently hinted that they were friends when they were children, but they had their memories erased for some reason. When they meet again in the present, their strong feelings for each other become very obvious.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: If Honoka has the means to help someone he feels he should do it.
- Disappeared Dad: His father has never been shown in the series once. Oddly, he has been mentioned...but only in dreams.
- Distressed Dude: He's the target of the Tower Witches, and they often end up capturing him, only for Ayaka or Kasumi to come in.
- The Dulcinea Effect: This turns to be the reason why he got Evermilion sealed inside him. Just shortly after meeting Ayaka, Honoka decided to save her from her prison and became the vessel of Evermilion in order to save Ayaka's life.
- Everything Is Better With Penguins: He adores penguins! His room is decorated with penguin related stuff, his pajamas have penguin patterns and he carves wooden penguin figures. Even his familiar is a penguin.
- Facial Markings: After the seals start breaking different kinds of marks appear on his face when he uses his magic.
- Forgotten First Meeting: Takamiya feels comfortable around Kagari and says that he has the feeling that he has met her before and they used to be close. Kagari affirms his suspicion to be true but unfortunately, she also can't remember their past, claiming their memories together were erased. She still had a recurring dream of them meeting in a field as kids.
- Friendless Background: He doesn't have any friends at the start of the story.
- Gender-Blender Name: Honoka is a Japanese girl's name. This is because Honoka was originally written as a girl. He was changed to a boy in the final version, but the feminine name was kept.
- Healing Hands: As is revealed in chapter 56, he used to know healing magic that he applied by touch.
- Innocent Cohabitation: When Kagari's house is destroyed she comes to live with him to his house.
- Lady and Knight: Gender Inverted. He's Kagari's precious "princess" and she's his brave knight who will protect him at all costs.
- Last-Name Basis: Refers to Ayaka only by her last name, "Kagari". Besides his sister, he calls everyone else by their surnames. Though he later starts calling some of the Workshop Witches by their first name.
- The Load: Acts like this for the most part, largely against his wishes, however. He wants to study magic so he can protect Ayaka and others he cares for, but she largely refuses to train him in it.
- Locked Out of the Loop: He spent most of his life unaware of witches or the power inside of him. Kagari herself would have preferred that he lived in happy ignorance of all the magical events surrounding him.
- MacGuffin Super Person: The Tower Witches are after him because he is the container of the "White Princess".
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Feminine Boy to Kagari's Masculine Girl.
- Morality Chain: He's the only thing keeping Kagari's excessively violent tendencies in check.
- Nerves of Steel: In Chapter 54 and 55, he's shown walking up and talking to a fire kitsune, over twice his size, and a girl chained to a wall, through the back of her neck without showing a hint of fear and doing an exemplary job of demonstrating himself to be completely non-threatening.
- Nice Guy: A very polite and kind-hearted guy.
- Non-Action Guy: He has no combat skills or any magic powers, although not by choice. He wants to learn how to fight, but Kagari won't train him for some reason, and instead only focuses on showing him techniques to escape. By episode 9, she relents, although only because Kasumi was planning to teach him in secret, which she isn't too fond of.
- Ordinary High-School Student: He describes himself as an average student with no real talents or special abilities within thirty seconds (discounting the title sequence) of the start of the series. It turns out that in fact, there are a number of witches out to kill him for some reason, and the School Idol is a Lady of Black Magic whose mission is to protect him.
- Perfectly Arranged Marriage: He and Kagari were set up by their mothers. Their genuine mutual feelings are pretty obvious, though.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: His hair turns white once the second seal is broken and he taps into Evermilion's power.
- Power Incontinence: After the events with Weekend in the manga, Takamiya begins displaying enhanced physical and mental capabilities. There's also the matter of a giant penguin showing up out of nowhere in full view of everyone - witches and muggles alike.
- Protectorate: Kagari's sole motivation is to protect Takamiya at all costs.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: After the second seal is broken when using his power his eyes turn red just like Evermilion's.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: In chapter 55, he does this to Kazane! She goes on to congratulate him for it.
- Secret Keeper: He is told not to tell others about the existence of witches. So naturally, he tries not to tell his sister about it, until he finds out she's a witch as well, and the one secretly protecting him whenever Ayaka isn't.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Several characters make a point of how he's very close to Ayaka in their interactions, although he's quick to point out there's nothing romantic going on between them.
- Shown Their Work: The way he delivered first aid to Ayaka in chapter 56 is spot on. 1.) Remove the patient from imminent danger. 2.) Do whatever you can to stop the bleeding with bandages and direct pressure (provided the wound isn't penetrated by foreign objects). 3.) Assess the full extent of the injuries. 4.) Call for emergency services. (Although 4 wasn't possible due to the threat of the Kagari matriarch who was trying to kill both of them.)
- Staring Down Cthulhu: He glares down Ayaka's birth mother.
- Strong Family Resemblance: He looks like his mother.
- Student Council President: The student council president (and most of the student body) oppose Ayaka Kagari getting close to Honoka Takamiya. In response, Ayaka uses her power as Princess to depose the president and install Honoka as her replacement. She also takes over the post of vice president and demotes the original vice president to "Vice-vice president."
- Symbiotic Possession: He and Evermillion. She is actually a happy tenant being inside Honoka.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Kagari is at least a head taller than him.
- Walking the Earth: It's later revealed that he traveled all over the world when he was younger, under the tutelage of Kazane. However, he had the memories of his travels erased at some point.
- Willing Channeler: He willingly chose to enter a contract with Evermillion and have her reside inside his body in order to save Ayaka's life.
- Wowing Cthulhu: His bravery and kindness impresses even Evermillion in chapter 56.
Voiced by: Asami Seto
The daughter of Kazane Kagari. She's wealthy, beautiful, and intelligent, and has sworn her life to protecting Takamiya from anyone who would harm him or take him away from her.
- The Ace: While she is a bit odd, she is the top student at Tougetsu Academy, admired for both her beauty and intellect, knows various forms of martial arts, and is quite a powerful witch as well.
- Action Girl: One of the strongest witches in the series. Even without her magic, she can still outmatch several opponents with just her monstrous physical strength, all thanks to a massive Training from Hell from her mother.
- Action Girlfriend: Ayaka is a powerful witch who suddenly enters Takamiya's life and for some reason is devoted to protecting him at all costs.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She has long black hair, is at least a head taller than the protagonist and most of the other students at her school, displays an aloof and reserved personality and is the most popular person in her school and even has her own fan club. She even provides the trope picture!
- Always Save the Girl: For Ayaka, Takamiya's safety comes first. No ands, ifs, or buts.
- Berserk Button:
- And its name is "Takamiya Honoka".
- Don't even try to touch her hair. Ayaka knocked out a group of seniors who tried to cut it by raising their body temperature.
- BFS: Summons one when things get serious.
- Bodyguard Crush: Her mission in life is to protect Takamiya. Not only she seems quite pleased to perform the task, but she also won't allow anybody to separate them!
- Boobs of Steel: She has G-cup breasts and she's the most prominent Action Girl in the series.
- Bridal Carry: Her favorite method for carrying Takamiya.
- Bullying a Dragon: Despite Ayaka defeating them several times before, Tanpopo's group continually tries to fight her. In fact, even older, more seasoned witches take care when treading around her.
- The Champion: Kagari is Takamiya's knight! For Takamiya's sake, Kagari will do anything.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Even without her magic, she's still nearly unstoppable, which bites the Tower witches in the ass multiple times.
- Childhood Friend Romance: With Takamiya. They met when they were children, but apparently, both had the memories of their meeting erased. Kagari, however, does remember it subconsciously to some degree and that is the source of her undying devotion and desire to protect him.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Although more subtle about it than Kasumi, she doesn't like other girls stealing Takamiya's attention. That and she will visit Disproportionate Retribution upon anyone who makes any sort of move on Takamiya in her presence.
- The Comically Serious: Due to her monotone voice and reactions, she often comes off this way when replying to others, especially Takamiya.
- Dark and Troubled Past: The Kagari household had her chained to a wall in a dark, cubed room, with no contact with the outside world, and specifically raised her as a Living Weapon which the Matriarch was just itching to "show off."
- Deadpan Snarker: She doesn't joke too often, but when she does her effect is so dry Takamiya often can't even tell.
- Declaration of Protection: To Takamiya.
- Determinator: She will protect Takamiya, even if she has to go against her own mother.
- Devoted to You: Kagari is utterly devoted to Takamiya. She went to every middle school to search for him until she located him, completely ignores her fangirls at school in favor of him, and she's willing to do anything to protect him and ensure they can be together.
- Effortless Amazonian Lift: She bridal carries Honoka even without the use of magic all the time, signifying her strength and Violently Protective Girlfriend status.
- Emotional Powers: Often her fire magic flares up depending on her mood. This leads to hilarious situations where while Ayaka is completely deadpan, things in the background are being lit on fire.
- Even the Girls Want Her: She's the tall, cool type, constantly surrounded by a huge female fan club. So when she decides to stop guarding Takamiya from the shadows and spend the day by his side, he is instantly hated.
- Every Scar Has a Story: And we finally learn the reason for hers in chapter 56.
- Extreme Doormat: When she was a child, she was so traumatized by her birth mother that she was physically and mentally unable to resist any of her birth mother's orders, no matter how cruel or unreasonable. Evermillion, who was sealed inside her at the time was pissed as a direct result.
- Flaming Hair: When she activates her witch powers over fire, her hair is correspondingly Wreathed in Flames.
- Forgotten First Meeting: She claims to have met Takamiya before, though, she can't actually remember when, claiming their memories together were erased. She still had a recurring dream of them meeting in a field as kids.
- Form-Fitting Wardrobe: Her school uniform accentuates her voluptuous figure.
- Fun with Homophones: Honoka had to change Ayaka's name in order to form a contract with her and save her life but was adamant that she have the same name; So Evermillion cleverly exchanges the 香 (-ka, meaning "aroma") in her name with 火 (also -ka, meaning "fire", which is coincidentally also in Honoka's name).
- Good Is Not Nice: She is one of the heroes, but is also not very friendly to most people.
- Happily Adopted: Chapter 53 of the manga reveals that Kazane Kagari is not Ayaka's birth mother, and isn't even really a Kagari, she's a Houzuki, and only became involved with the Kagari family when the Family head, a powerful witch in her own right, hired her to deal with a "fire Kitsune" that was harassing the head house which she couldn't deal with, due to having a "medical procedure" done.
- Hidden Depths: Her hobby is pro wrestling.
- Hime Cut: She has symmetrical straight bangs, bra strap length sidelocks, and classic-length straight hair. She's an Aloof Dark-Haired Girl and an Ojou.
- Hot Witch: She is revered by nearly everyone in her school as the ideal beauty, being an Aloof Dark-Haired Girl with green eyes, Boobs of Steel, a skin-tight uniform, and Zettai Ryouiki. In a literal sense, her magical powers mainly revolve around fire.
- Huge Schoolgirl: She stands at 197 cm (or around 6 feet 4 inches), which allows her to tower over her love interest Honoka and just about everyone else.. This was actually toned down in the anime adaptation, where she's "merely" half a head higher than Honoka, rather than his barely reaching her shoulders.
- Indifferent Beauty: She's considered the most beautiful person in her school, she even has her own fan club. However, due to her aloof personality and her devotion to Takamiya, she's apathetic towards admiration she gets.
- Innocent Cohabitation: She later starts to live with Honoka after her house is burned down.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: In episode 8, she wears a Naughty Nurse Outfit to do a check up on Takamiya. And is quite persistent on laying on top of him while doing so. This doesn't sit too well with Kasumi, who happens to walk in on them.
- I Owe You My Life: Takamiya once saved their lives when they were both children. The incident was so traumatic, the Workshop witches under Kazane locked up both hers and Takamiya's memories of it. However, Ayaka still retains her devotion to Takamiya due to the event.
- I Will Find You: A dream that Takamiya has in the first part of episode 8 has Kagari, when she was in middle school, go to every other middle school in order to find him. She finally locates him leaving school one day, and approaches him, only to find Kasumi walking with him with her arms around his.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She is friendly only towards Takamiya due to her everlasting love for him, as well as being understanding to his family. To everyone else, she will, at best, ignore them as irrelevant and, at worst, be hostile or insulting towards them.
- Kung-Fu Wizard: She is well versed in hand to hand combat thanks to her mother's insane training.
- Lady and Knight: She and Takamiya are a rare gender-reversed version. She's his knight sworn to protect him and even calls him her "princess". She was raised back specifically to protect Honoka from the world in exchange for the immense power that he possesses.
- Lady of Black Magic: The beautiful and reserved princess of the school, and a Fire Witch able to cast powerful flames. However, she's also more than capable of physical combat.
- Last-Name Basis: Calls Honoka by his surname, "Takamiya".
- Limited Wardrobe: Rarely wears anything besides her uniform.
- Living Weapon: Chapter 54 of the manga reveals that she was "created" to be one.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Masculine Girl to Honoka's Feminine Boy.
- Mentor Archetype: She takes Takamiya as her disciple.
- Minor Injury Overreaction: Freaks out when Honoka scrapes his elbow during training.
- Mrs. Hypothetical: She once spent a whole night writing out "Takamiya Ayaka" (and at least one "Kagari Honoka") while watching over Honoka.
- Mugging the Monster: In middle school, a trio of bullies resented her popularity and tried to deface her hair while hiding behind Sempai/Kohai custom. She raised their body temperatures until they collapsed, with the explicit threat that if they tried again, she would literally make their blood boil.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Her cloak allows her to do this, but even when she was drained of magic she's still absurdly strong despite her slender, feminine build. She is capable of ripping a large tree out of the ground.
- Nobody Touches the Hair: Although Takamiya doesn't remember due to magical Laser-Guided Amnesia, he once risked his own life, as a child, to save her, and all he asked in return is for her to let her hair grow longer, so she'd be pretty. So messing with it is the one thing, aside from threatening Honoka that will piss her off.
- No Sense of Personal Space: With Honoka, often sleeping in his bed without his knowledge and even tries sitting on his lap during breakfast at one point.
- No Social Skills: In the Flash Back during the first part of episode 8, Kagari seems pretty awkward at everything, until Kanae tells her how to react, such as solving a problem on the chalkboard after being called up, or hitting the ball back during tennis. Due to how good she is at those things once she realizes how to react however, she starts gaining her fan club.
- Not So Stoic: Especially if someone tries to harm Takamiya.
- Ojou: Being not only the 'Princess' of the school they attend but also the daughter of the Head Workshop Witch leads to this.
- Perfectly Arranged Marriage: She and Takamiya were set up by their mothers. However, Takamiya is instantly smitten by her, and she's instinctively driven to be with him. She even calls Komachi and Kasumi her in-laws (though with Kasumi she was not in the best of moods).
- Power Dyes Your Hair: When tapping into her innate powers, specifically Evermilion's, her hair turns white.
- Power Incontinence: Kagari, while generally stoic and in control, will spontaneously set things on fire or raise the temperature around her when angry or excited. This happens most often when people bring up Takamiya around her, especially in a romantic context.
- The Power of Love: The more intimate she is with Honoka, the more powerful she becomes. A humorous example is when she had him lay his head on her lap while cleaning his ears, making her power skyrocket.
- The Quiet One: When not instructing Takamiya, she almost never speaks.
- Rapunzel Hair: She has classic-length hair. It's implied that she grew it out because Honoka said she'd look pretty with it long.
- Rescue Romance: Kagari has more than ample justification for being so devoted to Honoka, even if her memories of the event have been magically erased. Honoka was the one who freed her from the imprisonment of her mother and became the vessel of Evermilion in order to save Ayaka's life.
- Sacrificed Basic Skill for Awesome Training: Her mother trained her from a young age in everything from magic to hand-to-hand combat (the latter apparently involving Ayaka having to defeat vicious animals unarmed). This made Ayaka clueless about everything involving a normal school life when she first attended middle school.
- Satellite Love Interest: Kagari has little to no personality outside of her devotion to Takamiya and her determination to protect him. It's eventually revealed that she was raised specifically to be this, focused solely on being devoted to him and protecting him.
- Scar Survey: What truly motivates both Honoka and herself to rediscovered their lost memories is that Ayaka's abdominal scar is revealed when her swimsuit is torn.
- School Idol: Though she didn't do this intentionally, she's the "Princess" of her school, with an adoring fan club that schedules mass lunches with her and an extremely enthusiastic self-proclaimed guard squad. They try to interfere with her relationship with Honoka Takamiya until she puts her foot down.
- Single-Target Sexuality: She loves Honoka only.
- Stalker with a Crush: More sympathetic than other examples, but her single-minded obsession with Takamiya and her insistence to watch over him 24/7 definitely throw her into stalker territory. Back in middle school, Kagari would go to every other middle school to look for him until she found him.
- Statuesque Stunner: She stands at 197 cm (or around 6 feet 4 inches), towering over everyone and Honoka barely reaching her chest (although the size seems to change from chapter to chapter). She's also an Aloof Dark-Haired Girl with G-cup breasts, classic-length hair (except when she is in battle, where it becomes fire-like), and a very nice body. It shows in the many, many, many instances where she carries Honoka bride style.
- The Stoic: Her seemingly cool disregard for anything mundane only makes her even more popular.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Despite being a fire witch, she's usually cold as ice and rarely even acknowledges others. With Honoka, however, she dotes on him constantly and is as sugary sweet as she can manage (i.e. still very serene but clearly affectionate).
- Supreme Chef: She is an amazing chef who at one point made Honoka fugu hotpot.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: She is at least a head taller than Takamiya.
- Training from Hell: Apparently, Kazane had her fight bears and other large animals as a child. Though it looks cruel, this training does help her deal with the Tower witches that attack the town, and Honoka.
- Tranquil Fury: She is often strangely calm whenever fighting.
- Tsurime Eyes: She has narrow, upward arching eyes, fitting her personality as an Aloof Dark-Haired Girl.
- Tyke Bomb: The patriarch of the Kagari family brags that she was "created" for the express purpose of being a weapon, and she's ecstatic that Honoka and Kazane stumble upon her because she gets to "show her creation off".
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: When something interrupts her precious school life with Takamiya and/or comes between them, Tranquil Fury and Disproportionate Retribution abound. Not even family is safe.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer...: It seems that burning and blowing things up is her method of dealing with trouble. And when that doesn't work, there is always Good Old Fisticuffs.
- Zettai Ryouiki: She has Grade B with her school uniform and black knee socks.
Voiced by: Sayaka Ohara
Ayaka's mother, head of the Workshop Witches in the city, and the chairwoman of Togetsu High School.
- Alliterative Name: Kazane Kagari.
- Apologetic Attacker: Apologizes in advance for attacking Ayaka with a magical blade in chapter 56.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Her daughter Ayaka is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, of the student witches. And yet Kazane has absolutely no problems beating her down/disciplining her if needed. Even when Ayaka merged with Medusa, their combined power still wasn't enough to overcome Kazane, who simply broke through the stone spell and forcefully ejected Medusa from her daughter.
- Barrier Maiden: She maintains a city-wide magic field that prevents civilians from being injured or killed by magical attacks. While this does drain her magic whenever this happens, it has been noted that Kazame has such vast magical power that even if a few buildings got blown up, it would barely faze her. When a massive magic explosion that damages much of the city is caused by the witch Week End, it ultimately renders her powerless for a week... Which means that the other Workshop Witches are unable to perform magic as well. Then in episode 12, Chronoire reveals that Kazane managed to recover her full strength in a mere 20 hours, rather than a week as Weekend had predicted. Kazane simply waited it out because she wanted to see what the other witches, particularly her daughter Ayaka, would do during this crisis.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She is furious when her mansion is destroyed and goes after Chronoire Schwartz VI, whom she deems responsible, to have "a little talk" with her.
- Big Good: The closest thing to one in this series. She keeps an eye out for Tower witches in her town, and regularly fixes the damage caused by witches, especially ones caused by Ayaka and Kasumi.
- Boobs of Steel: The strongest of the Workshop Witches in her area, both in magical and physical capabilities, and has a chest that rivals Ayaka's.
- Friendly Enemy: Chronoire introduces herself when she comes to Kazane's town as the two share a drink together.
- Good Is Not Nice: She orders a witch hunt for Chrono after her mansion is destroyed. Later, when Chronoire is seen again, she's heavily bandaged up, and Kazane seems a bit too eager to torture information out of Medusa before she's taken away by other Workshop witches that have jurisdiction over her. She also put the smackdown on her daughter Ayaka after the latter merged with Medusa.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: What she tends to resort to, regardless of using her magic or not. As evidenced by her punching Chronoire rather far away in episode 12, she is quite a deadly hitter.
- Hidden Depths: Is an amateur doll maker, carving them to kill time while she was put out of commission by Weekend. Her house is littered with the things.
- Horned Humanoid: When she gets angry, a horn grows out of her forehead.
- Japanese Delinquents: Was the leader of a gang during high school.
- Kung-Fu Wizard: She apparently prefers hand to hand combat instead of magic. Her magic is being used to protect the city and its inhabitants from harm so she doesn't have much of a choice in that.
- Manipulative Bitch: A sympathetic example. When she was in high school, Komachi was fatally injured in an accident. Panicking, Kazane took her to Shiori Mikage's home and proceeded to give Komachi a blood transfusion which would speed up her recovery. However, doing so meant Komachi was at risk of literally being erased from the world. Which is why Kazane went to Shiori instead of the hospital as she knew Shiori would never, ever risk Komachi's life and thus would erase the event from the memories of the city.
- Multicolored Hair: Half of her hair is red, the other half is white with a reddish tint.
- Mum Looks Like a Sister: She can easily be mistaken for Ayaka's older sister.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast:
- Her nicknames were "Dragon Tooth" and "Torturer". She asks Chronoire if the latter remembers that at the very end of episode 5 after her mansion is destroyed. Later in episode 7, Chronoire is seen with bandages, implying Kazane did things to her.
- She has the distinction of being labeled End Witch - her particular title is Bad End as she has killed quite a few witches during her years.
- Neck Lift: In the memory tour during chapter 55, she lifts Takamiya by the throat because he disobeyed her orders, then smirks, puts him down, and congratulates him for doing it, because he was right.
- One-Woman Army: In a flashback, when she noticed Komachi being bullied by an entire classroom, teachers absent or completely unconcerned, she only gave a quick one-liner about "horrible people," the bullies barely even having a chance to verbally respond, before she single-handedly trounced the entire classroom, barring Ms. Honoka. Some of the thugs even wound up head-first in the ceiling.
- In the world of the witches, she has killed quite a few in her heyday, both in her quest for more power and later on as a 'cleaner'.
- Play-Along Prisoner: In the Weekend arc, Kazane is put out of action by a massive magical attack that Weekend estimates would leave her powerless for a week. At the end of the arc, she reveals that she'd actually regained her power in a day and was just hanging around her cell to see how the younger generation of witches, including her daughter, Kagari, would handle the crisis. And to spend some time indulging in her hobby of crafting kokeshi dolls.
- In the latest arc, she does it again when Honoka is being tried as being a traitor to the Workshop. She makes a little show of not being able to get out of the holding cell that was placed around her to keep her from taking Honoka. It doesn't last very long as her arch-nemesis showed up and she ripped through the bars in a flash to try to save Honoka.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: She doesn't try to stop Ayaka despite the latter's tendency to cause a lot of destruction around the city while protecting Honoka.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: With Komachi - somehow.
- Shipper on Deck: For Kagari and Takamiya, due to an agreement with his mother years earlier that their kids would marry each other.
- Shoot the Dog: She cuts Ayaka with a magical blade to disrupt the ritual the Kagari matron was using to summon and abuse Evermillion, which would have killed Ayaka anyway.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: She is a witch who has dark red hair and green eyes.
- Smoking Is Cool: Rarely seen without a cigarette in hand. Even when she's kept under prison by Weekend, all she can think of is taking a smoke to kill time.
- So Proud of You: To Honoka Takamiya, and she should be. In chapter 55, he was willing to defy her and come to Ayaka's rescue by cutting the chain holding Ayaka to the wall. She only made certain he knew full well what he was getting into, and was prepared for the consequences.
- Statuesque Stunner: One of several things Ayaka inherited from her.
- Super Senses: In the pendant ark, she tracks Honoka by his scent.
- Sweet Tooth: Rather than drinking tea with sugar, she has sugar with tea...
- Would Hurt a Child: She killed Ayaka when she was 11 to seal off Evermillion, though she viewed it as much a Mercy Kill as anything. As noted above, Kayou was planning to kill Ayaka anyway.
Voiced by: Ai Kayano
Honoka's younger sister, who also happens to be a Workshop Witch. She has an extreme brother complex with Honoka.
- Action Girl: Though not shown right away, she is one of the more powerful witches, and takes out two Tower witches at the same time. Only Ayaka and Weekend's minions prove to be more than she can handle.
- Affectionate Nickname: Her friend calls her "Miya".
- Beware the Nice Ones: She largely seems harmless at first. But once Takamiya comes under attack, she delivers a beatdown on the attackers.
- Big Brother Attraction: She denies that her feelings towards Honoka are anything but sibling affection... even though she insists in sleeping together and bathing together and gets jealous of his brother's almost-girlfriend... Subverted in chapter 31; it is revealed that she views sexual love between male and female to be disgusting. She still loves her brother but in a more innocent way.
- Bully Hunter: She despises bullies and whenever she sees people bullying she fights them, it's partly because she knows her mother was bullied when she was a teenager, and partly because her master is "Bear-Killer Rinon" who is implied to beat her down if she doesn't beat down bullies herself.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Her brother is just hers! She also didn't take it well when Ayaka said she was going to watch over him 24/7 when they had previously agreed to let Kasumi watch over him everywhere other than at school.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: It's part of her magic. And ALL of them are gifts from her brother.
- Miss Conception: She was told by her mother that when two people "reach the climax of their happiness" the stork will deliver a baby. She thinks that sex is a different method of having a baby.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Despite her different hair color, she looks a lot like her mother.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Takamiya refers to her as "his tomboyish little sister". Her master is Bear-Killer Rinon - leaving no doubt from where Kasumi learned her "strongarm tactics".
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has pink hair.
Voiced by: Kana Asumi
A Workshop Witch who specializes in ice-based magic. Touko was a childhood friend of Ayaka, being asked by Kazane herself (along with Houzuki, Ayaka's fan club leader) to watch over her as Ayaka had almost no social intelligence to speak of, and continues watching her into the present.
- Childhood Friends: She has known Kagari since middle-school.
- An Ice Person: First seen when she's introduced in episode 2. She accidentally trips on Honoka's dessert, but instead of having it splatter all over her uniform, his dessert is instead frozen solid. While she continues to talk to Ayaka, Honoka hilariously tries to gnaw at the dessert to no avail.
- Power Incontinence: She seems to have no conscious control over her ice powers and they mostly manifest when she feels threatened, though not necessarily in a way that would help. Examples include tripping onto a parfait and freezing it solid, spontaneously creating a snowman to hide behind, freezing herself into a block of ice when bullied by Kagari, and creating a glacier when Kagari throws her into a pack of Tower witches..
Voiced by: Noriko Shitaya
A Workshop Witch and Kasumi's teacher in the Workshop hierarchy, who also runs a gang of delinquents that dress up in hamster-themed costumes.
- Action Girl: She is quite the fighter, and can easily hold her own against most opponents. She only lost her fight with Honoka because Ayaka and Tanpopo's group of witches assisted him, and Weekend resorted to a sneak bomb attack.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Of the cross-shaped pupil variety.
Voiced by: Kazuyuki Okitsu
A chemistry teacher at Honoka's high school who helps manage the memories of the non-witch population whenever parts of the city get destroyed by magic. He also recruits witches throughout the city for the Workshop.
- Ambiguously Gay: He asks Takamiya if he would be his "prince"... Though it at first seems that he was joking and trying to mess with both him and Kagari, Chapter 38 revealed that his sister had Touko brainwash him in his sleep into seeing Honoka as his prince.
- Non-Action Guy: He doesn't do much fighting, although he states to Honoka that male witches don't have nearly the same power or social status as the female ones in witch society, hence why he doesn't do nearly as much as the female characters do.
- The Plan: Seems to be conspiring with Chronoire to break all the seals on Evermillion for some yet unknown reason. Despite this, he's still considered a Workshop witch as he does help out Honoka and Ayaka.
Voiced by: Mai Ishihara
The leader of five Workshop Witches from Tougetsu Junior High School assigned to protect the city.
- Precocious Crush: Seems to have the hots for her uncle, at the very least she is really devoted to him... which may stem from the fact that he gives her the care and attention her mother doesn't.
A soft-spoken witch with cat-like ears who wields a large sword. Atori prefers to talk through a small, magical ventriloquist doll she keeps nearby at almost all times.
- Cute Mute: She never talks herself. Instead, she utilizes a Hand Puppet that does the talking for her.
- Early-Bird Cameo: She can be seen sitting in the class that Ayaka, Touko, and Kanae are late for at the beginning of episode 8.
- Hand Puppet: She utilizes one that also does the talking for her. It can also be used as a two-way radio to communicate with other witches.
- Pretty Freeloader: It's revealed that she gets to live in the crawlspace above Honoka's room in exchange for constantly surveilling him and giving Ayaka pictures of him for her Stalker Shrine.
- Shipper on Deck: She was very disappointed when Honoka didn't kiss Ayaka on the lips and tried to make him do it forcefully.
- Shrinking Violet: Implied to be one due to her inability to speak without her puppet.
- The Sneaky Girl: She's fairly stealthy, and is good at finding information and eavesdropping on the villains. Ayaka has her keep constant tabs on Honoka as a secondary layer of protection.
Shiori MikageNatsume's mother and Kyouchirou's older sister. An old friend of Komachi and Kazane.
- Parental Neglect: She is a bit cold towards her daughter and doesn't spend that much time with her.
- Undying Loyalty: Towards Komachi and by extent her children, though she is more vocal in her adoration for Honoka than Kasumi (though it may be because we haven't seen Shiori interact with her). More disturbingly, she openly claims she gave birth to Natsume primarily so she could be of use to Honoka, including as an outlet to his lust... apparently the only reason she doesn't consider herself valid for such role, is that she thinks of herself as "an old lady", but when due to misunderstanding it looks as if he's making move on her, she's rather pleased.
AlcianaA new "student" who transfers into Takemiya's school.
- Arch-Enemy: Of Evermillion. The two of them loathe each other. The only reason the two of them allow each other to exist is that a direct confrontation would destroy the world in the collateral damage.
- Baleful Polymorph: Her go-to magical ability turns people into inanimate objects. She even turned Kasumi and the Tower Trio into furniture for her own exclusive use and amusement.
- The Dreaded: She's so powerful she can terrify Kazane! Think about that for a minute.
- Freaky Is Cool: She loves perverts. When Kasumi asks her to turn her into Takemiya's uniform, Alciana gets starry-eyed and almost drools in anticipation, elated at Kasumi's deviancy. Upon getting a look at Ayaka's Stalker Shrine...
- An Ice Person: Her public powers may be transforming others into inanimate objects, but her real power, as seen in the core of her soul, is ice and snow.
- Irony: She is one of the founders of the "workshop witches" organization and hates the tower witches, yet the core of her personality is a tower.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: She's a "witch of the beginning" which means she's one of the first witches in existence and the founder of the "Workshop" movement. Witches only grow stronger with time...
- Really 700 Years Old: She may be able to pass herself off as a high-school student, but she's one of the first witches to have ever existed and is old enough to call Kazane, who has been around for centuries, "a little girl."
- Troll: She loves to rile people up for her amusement and should they retaliate, turns them into literal objects.
One of the Tower Witches who transferred to the same school where Honoka and Ayaka are studying. She is a "Shikigami User" and her familiars are an army of paper rabbits which she can magically turn into mechanized soldier bunnies. She is the unofficial head of the "Ivory Quintet".
- Bunnies for Cuteness: Her familiars are some kind of robotic rabbits, despite her physically being catlike.
- Butt-Monkey: Out of the five Tower witches that regularly attack Ayaka and Honoka, she's the most prone to receiving the brunt of everyone's antics.
- The Leader: She almost always makes the decisions for her group, and is always at the forefront when they're together.
- Living with the Villain: After Medusa is defeated, they start to live at the house of the Takamiyas.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Zigzagged. She can understand her rabbits, but not Kasumi's bear. So she ends up using it to help translate for her in episode 12.
- That Came Out Wrong: Subverted. When she's introduced and asked by Takamiya why he's being targetted, she replies that they're not targeting him, but specifically, "the white stuff" inside his body. When her fellow tower witches point out how that can be misunderstood, she still doesn't get it.
- Villain Decay: While she was never able to defeat Ayaka in the first place, she was at her most dangerous when she's first seen attacking Honoka. Afterward, her plans gradually get less and less effective, to the point that Ayaka and even Kasumi simply stops her within one or two moves.
One of the Tower Witches that form the Ivory Quintet. She has the ability to pass through walls and create a defensive barrier. She wears a complete wolf pelt called "Coast Fenrir".
- Alliterative Name: Mei Minowa
- Boobs of Steel: She's the most endowed witch of her group, and correspondingly specializes in close-combat, which is not saying much against Ayaka.
- Eyepatch of Power: Whether it's real is unknown.
A member of the Ivory Quintet and Togetsu High School's Kendo club.
- Alliterative Name: Katsura Kotetsu
- Katanas Are Just Better: She wields a katana and is also seen polishing it most of the time. Unfortunately, she doesn't fare much better than the rest of her group.
- Living with the Villain: After Medusa is defeated, they start to live at the house of the Takamiyas.
- Meganekko: One of the two witches of her group who wears glasses. In her case, they're Stoic Spectacles.
- The Stoic: She's not seen talking much, polishing her katana instead.
A soft-voiced member of Ivory Quintet, who wields a scythe. She has a power called "Bone Animator", which can only be used to revive dead skeletons of any size.
A member of Ivory Quintet. Her power is to summon and use demons by the book called "Black Vice" that she carries on her back, though this power is rarely shown.
- Blank White Eyes: She has these as her default appearance. Combined with her usually hunched stance, it makes her look exasperated, but isn't, and is rather calm and composed as opposed to Tanpopo.
Chronoire Schwartz VI
A powerful Tower Witch who specializes in crafting potions and often walks around with a well-dressed crocodile familiar named Sebastian. She has her own plans for Honoka's "white stuff."
- Affably Evil: She hangs out with Workshop witches like Ayaka's mother and Mikage regularly. In fact, when it doesn't come to fighting, she's polite and friendly.
- Blood Knight: She regularly goes after other Tower Witches just because she wants to have a good fight. She inadvertently helps the Workshop witches in the Weekend arc because of this, by taking out Weekend's minions who were attempting to attack the town while the Workshop witches were distracted. And in episode 12 she even takes out Weekend fairly quickly, much to the latter's surprise.
- The Dreaded: Though she appears largely harmless in the series due to Kazane being able to easily defeat her, over the years she has built a reputation. Even Ayaka seems a little afraid of her on their first encounter.
- Evil Redhead: An antagonist Tower Witch with red hair.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: She looks like a regular human, but in episode 12 her disguise wears off a bit, and her face strongly resembles her alligator minion right before she attacks Kazane.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Her actual Witch Title is Dead End - put bluntly, an 'End Witch' means one who can cause the "end of the world".
- The Plan: Seems to be conspiring with Mikage to break all the seals on Evermillion for some yet unknown reason.
- Punny Name: Sounds like "kuro noir schwarz", the word "black" repeated in Japanese, French, and German.
- Really 700 Years Old: Looks like an adolescent, while actually being around 700 years old.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead: A major Recurring Character with red hair and green eyes.
A high-ranking Tower Witch who controls the KMM Gang and their associates in order to steal Honoka's "white stuff" for herself.
- Affably Evil: She's quite friendly with Honoka and Ayaka after they defeat her.Honoka: Aaah! What is she doing here!?
Medusa: Oh my, it seems someone doesn't like me very much.
- Blindfolded Vision: A subversion, she is very much not willingly handicapping herself and would be quite happy to take it off. Unfortunately for her, it's sealed on with magic, and can't be removed.
- Deal with the Devil: After Ayaka defeats her, the two form an alliance which allows Ayaka to use her power. Though as Medusa admits, it's only temporary and she breaks it when she gets bored. Despite this, Kazane is still able to easily defeat Ayaka even with using Medusa's powers.
- Happiness in Slavery: While probably not happy about it per se, she seems to not be terribly bothered by the fact that nobody is strong enough to remove the magical seals on her restraints, meaning she's going to be trapped blindfolded in a straitjacket for a very long time, assuming she doesn't get locked up in prison again.
- Living with the Villain: After she is defeated, she and her minions start to live at the house of the Takamiyas.
- Power Limiter: She's wearing two at all times: a blindfold to prevent her from using her vision powers and a straitjacket that keeps her from invoking her stronger spells. They were locked and sealed on her by extremely powerful witches, and even when she escapes from prison, neither she nor her superiors can remove them. Even when she reverts to a human form, she's still wearing the blindfold and her sleeves are strapped together straitjacket-style. The fact that she is so strong even when blind and physically restrained says a lot. Alciana eventually removes her straightjacket in return for her assistance.
- Reality Ensues: Averted and Played Straight, respectively, regarding the aforementioned blindfold and straitjacket.
- Despite being forcibly blindfolded at all times, she seems to have no issues navigating her surroundings, keeping track of where people are, and fighting despite not being able to see what she's doing.
- She cannot, however, take care of herself with her arms bound in a straitjacket. Her Quirky Miniboss Squad is shown helping her eat and drink on at least one occasion.
- Scary Teeth: She has rather sharp teeth in her mouth.
- Training from Hell: She tells Takamiya that her sending Tanpopo and the others after him is purely for the sake of making those Tower Witches stronger, by using Ayaka as an unwitting sparring partner.
- Worf Had the Flu: The reason she was so easily defeated is that she has most of her body restrained and is unable to use her powers to the fullest.
- Worthy Opponent: Medusa only went after Honoka in the hopes she could have a match with the powerful demon inside him.
A Tower Witch whose main strength is meticulous planning and preparation as opposed to any overtly magic power. Weekend's specialty involves setting up explosives of both magic and non-magic varieties.
- Big Bad: She was the one who sent Medusa and Chronoire off on their missions to find Takamiya.
- Boring, but Practical: In addition to being Crazy-Prepared, she also packs regular bombs and wears a bomb suit, and also has a kitchen knife on hand, which she uses on Honoka in episode 12. Not that it stops him though.
- Crazy-Prepared: In episode 11, she reveals to Ayaka, whom she just defeated, that she's a meticulous planner and planted the bombs a few months in advance. Since her magic reserves aren't too high, she relies on the bombs to weaken her opponents, while focusing her magic mostly on healing herself in fights. Ayaka then tries to exploit this, but doesn't quite succeed until Honoka shows up at the end to lend her some of his power.
- HeelFace Turn: She ends up working for Kazane after getting captured in return for a lighter sentence. She notes that, while it is degrading, suffering that indignity is much better than facing banishment, execution, or worse.
- Living with the Villain: She ends up becoming Honoka and Ayaka's homeroom teacher while Kyouichiro's out nursing his sister.
- Perpetual Smiler: She's always wearing a smug grin, even when she's otherwise furious.
- Squishy Wizard: Or witch in her case. She states repeatedly that she's not a fighting type. Therefore she instead meticulously plans her moves far in advance and tries to manipulate others into doing what she wants them to do for her. As seen in episode 12, Chronoire, a fighting witch, easily delivers a Curb-Stomp Battle, which didn't last very long as Weekend is seen tied up in the very next scene after the fight starts.
- Strapped to a Bomb: She makes quite good use of this trope. First, she puts some on Workshop witches she's captured and uses them as an ultimatum to get Takamiya. After that one fails, she reveals later she has some real explosives set on herself, rather than magical ones, and sets them off to knock out Rinon and her friend.
- Xanatos Gambit: Although she only provided minor hints to the two, both Medusa and Chronoire end up doing things that helped Weekend find Takamiya. She also planned a big magical bomb designed to severely damage the city forcing Kazane to use all of her magic to protect the humans in order to take her out of the picture. And in episode 10, she has several plans in place to ensure that her goals succeed, even if it involves her getting captured and setting off some regular explosives while wearing a bomb-suit vest. She even tries to devise plans to stop Ayaka and steal Evermillion from Honoka, but a Spanner in the Works prevents her from achieving her goal. And when all of that fails, she attempts to simply stab Honoka, but it doesn't work either.
The mother of both Honoka and Kasumi. She was the best friend of Kazane Kagari in school.
- All of the Other Reindeer: She was bullied in high school because she tried to help a friend who was bullied for being sickly.
- Apologizes a Lot: Does this quite a bit when first telling Takamiya about his Arranged Marriage with Kagari. She also apologizes towards the latter after he decides to move her into their house instead, probably because her mansion was destroyed.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Befriended Kazane after she defended her from bullies.
- Every Scar Has a Story: Has a rather large one across her back. She refuses to tell anyone about it though. The only clue is that it looks exactly like the one that's on Ayaka's stomach.
- Eyes Always Shut: Zigzagged. She's normally seen with her eyes closed but will open them if she gets serious about something.
- Mum Looks Like a Sister: She could pass for her children's older sister.
- Older Than She Looks: In fact, she appears to have barely aged up since she was in high school which is lampshaded by Honoka.
- Prone to Tears: Doesn't take criticism well.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: With Kazane, she still seems to be quite fond of her.
- Shipper on Deck: For Honoka and Ayaka. She can see the love between them!
- Strong Family Resemblance: Her kids look a lot like her.
- Tender Tears: She considers herself to be a crybaby.
White Princess Evermilion
An entity of unknown origin sealed inside Honoka Takamiya. She is addressed as the White Princess by various characters. A total of five seals were placed on her.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: In chapter 57, it's revealed that she was willing to rescue Ayaka in the backstory because Honoka was nice to her.
- Deal with the Devil: In chapter 55, it's revealed she'd offered Honoka the chance to save Ayaka's life in exchange for his soul. She fully intends on devouring his soul but Honoka ended up being a lot more powerful and interesting than she imagined though, so the entire thing soon falls apart. Surprisingly, she doesn't seem too bothered by the reversal and didn't bother trying to collect on her end of the bargain a second time.
- Demonic Possession: Her initial plan was to eat Honoka's soul so she could reincarnate (Type 1), but a wrench was thrown in her plans when he turned out to have a more powerful soul than even her, and switched to a Symbiotic Possession instead.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: Has penguins in her inner world.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: She was confused as to why Takamiya was putting so much effort into saving Ayaka, despite the latter being a complete stranger to him. She was then impressed when he told her that he did so, not because of any personal feelings, but because Ayaka was a person in genuine distress.Evermilion: I see. You are a truly kind child.
- Femme Fatalons: While not exactly evil, to help illustrate her identity as a magical demon, Evermillion has nails as long as the rest of her fingers.
- Friendly Address Privileges: She insists Takemiya calls her "Eva-chan."
- Good Costume Switch: Her appearance changed from ash covered woman wearing gray and black furs to a pure white princess costume when she contracted with the pure-hearted Honoka, much to even her surprise.
- Mystical White Hair: She has stark white hair, to help illustrate her identity as a magical demon.
- The Nicknamer: Calls Takamiya "Honoka-kyun" and Kagari is "Ayakacchi".
- Noble Demon: She warns Honoka not to rely on her too much, as that could be bad for him.
- Playing with Fire: Her base element is fire and in her words, is the embodiment of destruction and rebirth. In fact, her name before meeting Honoka is "Evermillion Firecraft".
- Power at a Price: Being a neutral party to the Workshop and Tower witches, she adopts this as her modus operandi when someone asks for her help. Not even Honoka, whose soul she resides in is free from this. In return for restoring the city to normal and everyone's lives back, Evermillion asked for Honoka's life.
- Pointy Ears: As a demon, her ears are slightly pointed, instead of fully rounded.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is as long as her body.
- Scary Teeth: Has extremely long canines compared to a human, as she's a demon.
- Sealed Inside a Person-Shaped Can: She is sealed within Honoka for an unknown reason. She really doesn't seem to mind and actually seems fond of him in a way. She was sealed inside Honoka because his own innate magic was enough to subjugate her when she tried to take his soul. That and he was so kind and nice that she became incredibly fond of him, going so far as to go the extra mile to resurrect Ayaka without asking for anything in return just to make him happy.
- Secret Test of Character: When she asks Honoka to sacrifice his life to restore the city from Weekend's attacks, she doesn't have any intention of actually collecting, she just wants to see if Honoka is still the kind, selfless boy he was when she first contracted with him.
- Statuesque Stunner: By far, the largest member of the cast. Kagari (both mother and daughter) looks like mere children next to her.
- You Monster!: She angrily calls Kagoyu Kagari a bitch, and with good reason. In fact, she's so enraged, she can barely speak properly.
- Your Soul Is Mine: She made Honoka sign away his soul in a bid to get enough power to escape Kagoyu's clutches. It didn't work because Honoka's magic is so much more powerful and his kindness won her over.
The seeming leader of Ayaka's fan club and one of her caretakers during middle school.
- Beauty Mark: Two below her left eye.
Kasumi's closest friend.
- Affectionate Nickname: She sometimes calls Kasumi "Miya-chan", who likewise calls her "Tanuma-shi".
- All of the Other Reindeer: She was bullied in middle school until she met Kasumi.
- Anime Hair: Her hairstyle is highly unusual. She's got two giant "doughnuts" on her head.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: She and Kasumi became friends after she defended Yoshiko from bullies.
- Muggle Best Friend: Kasumi's best friend.
The head of the Kagari household.
- Abusive Parents: Just from what we've seen, and it isn't all that much, she sure as hell isn't winning any "Mother of the Year" awards. She sees nothing wrong with chaining her one and only daughter in a dark room, through the back of her neck, performing horrific experiments on her, shoving all kinds of spirits and abominations into the child, and then killing her to extract the resulting Eldritch Abomination, for her exclusive use, calling it "the crystallization of her life's work." Whatever else she's done to her daughter has the poor girl so traumatized, she can't even consider refusing any given order, no matter how cruel or unreasonable.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: She's the matriarch of the Kagari family, a "noble" house, and she's an especially horrific individual.
- Bullying a Dragon: She attacks Kazane knowing the latter is an End Witch to try and cow her so as to use a horrific fatal ritual on her own daughter. It goes about as well as one would expect.
- Entitled Bastard: She believes it's her god-given right to abuse, torture, and force her daughter to be an "artificial vessel" for all manner of spiritual and magical beings, so she can then kill the poor child to extract the end result for her own exclusive use.
- Evil Laughter: Which un-nerves the staff in the Kagari house as she relishes "showing off" her Living Weapon.
- Evil Matriarch: She's the matriarch of the Kagari family who abused, tortured and wanted to murder her own daughter to make her into a Living Weapon and extract the resulting Eldritch Abomination for her own exclusive use.
- Faux Affably Evil: She speaks in polite phrases, but she looks upon everyone else with undisguised contempt.
- Green Thumb: In addition to her fire-based magics, she can summon large, thorny branches to attack or restrain her opponents. When she does this to Kazane, it does not go well for her.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Kazane is not Ayaka's birth mother; Kagoyu is.
- Offing the Offspring: She uses a magic ritual that would kill her daughter in order to extract and seal Evermillion, for her own exclusive use.
- Playing with Fire: As is the hallmark of the Kagari household, she specializes in fire-based magic.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair is shown reaching past her waist.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: Kazane lampshades that Kagoyu has so much magical power and political influence that she can effectively ignore law enforcement whenever she wishes, even if that includes felony child abuse.
- Smug Snake: She thinks she's superior to Kazane, despite knowing Kazane is bad end, an End Witch.