When faced with the taboo topic of incest, most people would be understandably Squicked out. But for some reason, a number of fictional characters tend to have an inappropriate sort of love for family members that they're not really bothered by. For the sake of drama and tension, this sort of love tends to be mutual in order for the creator to find a way to make things interesting.
But not everyone in Fictionland is perfectly fine with jumping into bed with relatives. After all, there are reasonable people in Fictionland. This type of characters have to fend off the disturbing advances of the younger sibling who wishes to become their spouse, the way too touchy uncle, the hot cousin who loves making them feel uncomfortable, the mother or father who's interested in them in all the wrong ways, or whichever other relative has a depraved opinion of them.
This sort of relationship dynamic can either be used for Black Comedy or Played for Drama. The latter case tends to overlap with Villainous Incest if ever this has contributed to issues caused by a character's past (especially if the creepy relative managed to "have their way with them"). This can also be used as a darker take on a Sibling Yin-Yang or with any Long-Lost Relative reveal involving a villain and hero.
Take note, this does not apply if the object of incestuous affection is unaware of the attraction. The entire point of this is a character who's repulsed by their relative's inappropriate attraction to them.
- Axis Powers Hetalia has the resident Yandere, Belarus...whose Yandere tendencies show in the form of a Big Brother Attraction towards Russia. Her constant stalking and Ax-Crazy tendencies scare the shit out of him and he often tries to hide from her.
- Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts gives Idiot Hero Aki a bunch of romantic admirers, his sister being one of them. Naturally, Aki is disturbed by her attraction to him and fears her since she shows some rather possessive behavior.
Akira: (showing Minami and Himeji some photos she took of Aki) And this is Aki taking a bath yesterday!
- Late in High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san, it's revealed that Kariya-sensei's older sister is in love with him. This is also the reason why he doesn't return Kunitachi-sensei's affection, since the two women are Identical Strangers.
- Shougo from Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! is stalked by his little sister who intends to marry him. Complicating the matter is the fact he hasn't grown up with her and doesn't know who she is.
- Last Exile has a case of this but with the incest itself being subtext. Delphin is heavily implied to be attracted to her younger brother Dio but even if she did, it's made clear that Dio wouldn't return those feelings.
- The protagonist of MM! is pursued by both his mother and his older sister, much to his horror. It's entirely Played for Laughs; in one episode he loses his memory and they both pretend to be pregnant by him in order to bind him to them.
- Johan Liebert from Monster is this combined with a bit of Love Martyr towards his twin, Anna/Nina. How? Well for starters, he developed feelings for her despite the fact she had tried to kill him and continues to do so as adults.
- Ikuto from Shugo Chara! is horrified by Utau's affection to him. It's soon revealed to be because Utau is his sister.
- The Breeding Cult in Tokyo Ghoul has been practicing inbreeding for numerous generations, even against the will of some of the Breeding Slaves. Rize Kamishiro was a victim of this cult and was intended to be impregnated by her father. Her half-brother Furuta strongly disapproves of this and wants her to be his bride instead. No wonder she escaped.
- Back to the Future has a case of inverted Oedipus Complex when Marty travels to the time his parents were in high school. After he ruins the chance for his parents to get together, Teen!Lorraine ends up getting attracted to him instead. Of course, Marty does not wish to entertain those thoughts of hers and would rather get her back together with his dad. Needless to say, it was quite an uncomfortable experience for him.
- Hellraiser has Frank, who's very fixated on his niece Kristy. He even tried to rape her.
- Not Another Teen Movie has Catherine, who likes, well, everyone, but has a very particular desire throughout the film to sleep with her brother Jake, and keeps chasing him. Jake doesn't seem to notice it to start with, but after their dad suggests he practice sex with his own mother, he becomes repulsed by his family's advances and seems to be the Only Sane Man trying to reason with them and fighting Catherine off from chasing him.
Jake: What is wrong with this family!?!
- Gladiator: Lucilla, daughter of the late Emperor Marcus Aurelius, had to fend off the advances of her brother (now Emperor) Commodus, who killed their father to ascend the throne. She already has Unresolved Sexual Tension with The Hero Maximus, but mostly she's just repulsed by the idea.
- A Song of Ice and Fire:
- Viserys was interested in the Targaryen tradition of Royal Inbreeding and as such, lusted for his sister Daenerys. Dany is clearly disturbed and uncomfortable about it, despite being taught that it's her duty as a Targaryen princess. Thankfully, they never actually got married due to Dany being wed to Khal Drogo out of necessity.
- In A Clash of Kings, Asha reunites with her brother Theon (unknowingly on his part) under the guise of a shipwright's wife. Since Asha's fully aware of who he is, she of course, expresses displeasure when he starts fondling her. Fortunately, Theon's attraction to her doesn't last long.
- Since he's considered her uncle by marriage, Lord Baelish's view of Sansa as a Replacement Goldfish for his first love (who's her mother) can be considered this. Although she initially just suspected it, her suspicions were confirmed when he forcefully kissed her.
- The Silmarillion introduces Maeglin, who alone among elves lusted after a cousin. Obviously being the only elf not turned off by the concept of incest, Idril rejected Maeglin. Still, Maeglin's lust was so great that he also became the only elf that ever willingly helped Morgoth, in an effort to get a romantic rival killed.
- In Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, Georgia used to really get along with her cousin James as a kid, and when he visits when they're teenagers, Georgia is happy to repeat some of the childish games (i.e., wrestling, tickle-fighting, etc.) they used to play, seeing it as being for old times' sake. However, James gets the wrong idea and makes multiple attempts to put the moves on her, much to Georgia's disgust.
- Game of Thrones:
- In a recent episode of Criminal Minds, one UnSub whose victims were daughters of wealthy figures has actually been projecting the image of his older stepsister onto said victims. Garcia finds out by digging through his background that he was in love with the daughter of his mother's second husband and was often being overly affectionate with her even though she was clearly uncomfortable. This ended up driving him insane after her death, which caused him to go after young women who resembled her in an attempt to recreate the last moments of her life.
- There was also an earlier episode where an UnSub was lusting after his adoptive sister, justifying it because they were Not Blood Siblings...only to find out she's actually his mother with the woman he thought to be his mother being his grand-mother. The shock at finding out he has been unknowingly wanting to have sex with his mother is what lead to him murdering single mothers.
- Happens a lot in Classical Mythology. One example is the story of how Arion was conceived. Poseidon was pursuing his sister Demeter, who would keep fleeing from him. She transformed into a mare in order to escape faster. Unfortunately, Poseidon managed to transform into a stallion and caught up to then raped her.
- In The Bible, Amnon was heavily attracted to his half-sister Tamar. When he managed to get the two of them alone together, he tried to coerce her into having sex with him. Tamar protested and he eventually raped her, which would later indirectly cause him to get murdered by Absalom.
- Byblis from The Metamorphoses is in love with her twin Kaunos. When she confessed her feelings, he became (rightfully) disgusted.
- BlazBlue: In the gag scenarios, Jin shows signs of being attracted (in a humorously creepy way) towards his own brother Ragna, who always tries to rid him off in obvious disgust.
- Can occur in Crusader Kings II if a character is rebuffed from attempting to seduce a relative (the game's opportunities for incest are of memetic proportions).
- The Sims 3 makes flirty interactions between second cousins and cousins once removed possible, due to the game not recognizing these types of familial connections. A possible result is a scenario similar to the above Crusader Kings II example. The same thing can also happen to Sims who as children, were taken out of their family's household and adopted into another one. Though this is arguably more of a case of Surprise Incest.
- Sexy Losers has Kenta's Horny Mom. And, a gender-reversed version of the storyline that takes a turn for the dark...
- CollegeHumor made a Played for Laughs version of Back to the Future's inverse Oedipus Complex scene, in which Teen!Lorraine has sex with Marty in the car and Doc Brown sends back Marty to stop that, only to make it worse every time.
Teen Lorraine: This feels so wrong... and yet... SO GREAT! (goes over Marty)