A list of characters in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona fanfic, Persona: The Sougawa Files. For canon characters, only list tropes that appear in the fic.
A group of people who battle against the Shadow epidemic spreading through Sougawa.
- Combination Attack: They do All-Out Attacks together to finish off certain Shadows, though they're not explicitly called such.
- Ordinary High-School Student: All of them are just high schoolers.
- True Companions: Of course, especially with all the hardship they go through.
The main character of the fanfiction. Rina is a second-year high school student who is given the opportunity to move to the bustling town of Sougawa with her sister. While Rina is somewhat distrustful of others, to those who befriend her she proves to be kind and dependable, and is the first one to step into action should Shadows threaten her friends.
As a protagonist, Rina is aligned with the Fool Arcana, and her initial Persona is Gilgamesh, the main character of The Epic of Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh was a powerful, semi-divine king who went on a journey to become immortal and truly godlike, though he ultimately learned to be content with what he had. As a Persona, Gilgamesh takes the form of a crystalline knight with a spear and an axe, and no discernible face features due to its helmet.
- The Ace: When she gets back on her feet, she proves to be very skilled, picking up cooking quickly, proving to be the best combatant of the Freedom Fighters, and being very well-read.
- Action Girl: Well, of course.
- Adorkable: Whenever shes flustered, she can be rather cute.
- An Ice Person: Fittingly enough for the cold rich girl, Gilgameshs primary element of attack is the Bufu line of spells.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Shes high on the ladder in terms of status and is the strongest of the Freedom Fighters by far.
- Badass in Charge: The one whos elected as leader for the Freedom Fighters and the most skilled by far.
- The Beautiful Elite: Her beautys commented on multiple times, and shes also rich and influential.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: What gets her ultimately to fight back against Shadow Rina is the fact that Hikaru and Izumi being nice to her proved that she can have genuine friends.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Rina is typically not too talkative unless shes around friends. That said, do not piss her off, or she will make you regret it.
- Big Sister Instinct: Arsene_Phantom confirmed on her Tumblr that Rina views Wilma as a little sister.
- Big Sister Worship: Shes very fond of her big sister Furuta, especially since shes the reason Rina is even in Sougawa.
- Bi the Way: If the April Fool's chapter is telling the truth, Rina states she prefers guys over girls... but also states she doesn't exclude them.
- Character Tics: Crossing her legs.
- The Chessmaster: She starts to develops traits of this as the story goes, like making sure to brush against Ryouichis hand to test for Shadows.
- Combat Stilettos: She has a habit of kicking downed Shadows sharply.
- Constantly Curious: Downplayed in that shes able to keep herself under control, but she still gets extremely curious around Igor and the Shadows.
- Crush Blush: When Hikaru asks if she's interested in him, she turns red as she attempts to justify herself.
- Cultured Badass: Shes a capable fighter and also very ladylike.
- Deadpan Snarker: Easily one of the snarkiest of the Freedom Fighters.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She starts off very cold towards most people, but softens up gradually.
- Determinator: If Rina makes a promise or sets a goal, shell go for it, no matter what it takes.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Hikaru makes a joke about this. This Tumblr post confirms that Wilma, at the very least, has a crush on Rina.
- The Gadfly: She tends to tease her friends, though its all in good fun.
- The Hero: The protagonist of the story.
- Heroic Mime: Unlike Persona protagonists in the games, shes a full-fledged character. Justified, given the fact that this is a fanfiction and not a video game - having her be mute would be somewhat awkward.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: She forms these with most of her female Social Links.
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery: Shes perfectly willing to fight even with her fancy clothes and does it pretty damn well.
- Lady of War: She always fights gracefully.
- Large Ham: Not Rina herself, but Gilgamesh certainly qualifies.
- The Leader: Both Hikaru and Izumi unanimously agree that shes a capable leader, and as the protagonist, she plays this.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Thanks to most people trying to befriend her for her influence or to make a buck, she doesnt really have any true friends until Hikaru comes along.
- Master of All: As a Wild Card, she has tools for basically every situation.
- Nerves of Steel: Gradually develops these. Her first interaction with Ryouichi has her shaking and obviously scared; later on, she separates him and Hikaru when theyre about to fight and shows no fear.
- Not So Above It All: Despite liking to present herself as the rational member of her team, she can be a bit of a goofball herself sometimes and enjoys fighting Shadows.
- Ojou: Deconstructed. Shes elegant and wealthy, and everyone loves her - but only because they can exploit her status. With a few exceptions, of course.
- The Paragon: Shes the inspiration for most of the Freedom Fighters to battle against the Shadows.
- Precision F-Strike: When she finally gets sick of Hikarus antagonistic behavior towards Ryouichi: Show some damn tact for once.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: She wears black tights with a peach skirt and has an elegant personality.
- Red Baron: Gilgamesh is referred to as The King of Heroes several times.
- Rich Bitch: Subverted. Initial impressions are that she is this, but shes really just lonely and tired of people exploiting her kindness. To those who actually get close to her, she proves to be a good person.
- Royal Rapier: The highest on the social ladder in terms of party members, and the one who wields a rapier.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Shes elegant and ladylike... and not one to piss off, considering her Wild Card abilities and skill with a rapier.
- Skirts and Ladders: In Chapter 17, she refuses to go down the ladder after Hikaru does due to this. Hikaru is understandably flustered. Izumi is just confused.
- Spoiled Sweet: What she really is, though she can be a little prideful at times.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Towards most people shes cold and distant, but to those who get close to her shes gentle and kind.
A student at Okutari High School who Rina meets on the subway. While Hikaru usually maintains a laid-back and relaxed demeanor, hes quick to perk up when something catches his interest, and has a strong desire to be a hero. However, his issues are far worse than he likes to let on.
Hikarus initial Persona is Beowulf, named after the hero of, well, Beowulf. Beowulf killed the demon Grendel and his mother as well, and ruled the Geats until a dragon put an end to his life. Beowulf appears as a golden wolf with large, angelic wings.
Hikarus Ultimate Persona is Hrothgar, also from Beowulf. Hrothgar is named after the king who rules over the land, and serves as a father figure to the young Beowulf, maintaining good status as a king until Grendel invades his realm. Hrothgar takes the form of a large, golden gorilla covered in armor and wielding a massive sword.
- Abusive Parents: His parents tend to put him down. This gets worse in Chapter 36, when his parents find out about what happened to Amano - while it's never seen, Hikaru implies they called him immature and outright says that they just thought he would hurt more people and shouldn't have "stood around like an idiot". That said, Rina suggests that they're just worried about Hikaru and that maybe talking with them will help.
- Sure enough, it turns out this is ultimately a Subverted Trope. It turns out that they were just worried he would get himself hurt, and once they realize they messed up, they apologize to him, and make up with him.
- Adorkable: His mature moments juxtaposed against his heroic behavior make him oddly endearing.
- all lowercase letters: How he texts, though unlike Izumi he uses punctuation.
- Animal Motifs: Wolves. His shadow is a werewolf, his initial Persona is a wolf, and the art of him on Arsene's Tumblr has him with a wolf on his shirt.
- Beneath the Mask: Underneath that cheery, uncaring exterior is a guy frustrated with real-life responsibilities who just wants an out from the daily grind.
- Calling Your Attacks: He has a habit of shouting his attack names as he uses them.
- Comes Great Responsibility: His motivation for battling Shadows. In his eyes, if he has the power to stop them but does nothing, then it's his fault.
- Driven to Suicide: Dangerously toyed with in the fourth part of his Social Link, where Rina observes him at the edge of the school roof "staring down, looking contemplative". Luckily, she manages to convince them to sit down, and even helps Hikaru get better.
- Escapism: Present in just about every character, but its particularly notable for Hikaru as its a focus of his Social Link.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Fittingly enough.
- I Just Want to Be Special: He wants to be a hero - and not just the kind who helps people in mundane manners like a police officer; he wants to be someone whos admired and revered for their good deeds so that he can inspire other people to be heroes. Unfortunately, he doesnt have the tools to do this until he gets his Persona.
- Keet: When hes invested in something hes adorably energetic.
- Kiai: Has a habit of shouting battle cries in fights.
- The Lancer: Effectively Rinas second in command.
- Large Ham: He has his moments, mostly in combat.
- The Lost Lenore: His old girlfriend, Amano.
- Mellow Fellow: Hes generally pretty laid-back, though he can perk up when something catches his interest.
- Nice Guy: One of his biggest advantages is his kindness and charisma, which makes it easy for him to bond with pretty much anyone.
- Official Couple: Hooks up with Izumi around Chapter 25.
- The Paragon: He aspires to be one.
- Playing with Fire: His element of choice is the Agi line.
- Rousing Speech: Enjoys giving these out when everyones feeling down. That said, he does need a couple himself over the course of the story.
- The Social Expert: Has the best people skills in the party by far.
- Stealth Pun: Fire is his main element. His Arcana is the Sun.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Izumis his childhood friend, and the two hook up.
- Visual Pun: Beowulf is a literal wolf.
Hikarus closest friend, and another student at Okutari. Izumi tends to be rather offputting at initial interactions, typically being rather loud, hot-blooded, and somewhat brash. However, she proves to be a relentlessly loyal friend, even if she tends to be rather self-destructive with the goals she tries to accomplish.
Izumis initial Persona is Aeneas, a hero in The Iliad. Aeneas was one of the fighters in the Trojan War, and was the son of the mortal Anchises and the goddess of beauty Venus. Despite being unhappy with his fate, he follows it nonetheless. Aeneas appears as a large crab-like creature with skin made of rock.
- Adorkable: Especially when it comes to Hikaru.
- all lowercase letters: How she texts, combined with No Punctuation Period.
- Berserk Button: Don't mess with Hikaru. Shadow Tamiko finds this out the hard way.
- Determinator: Reconstructed. She pursues her goals relentlessly... at the cost of her own health. She eventually learns to overcome this.
- Face of a Thug: Her muscular and tough stature often makes people afraid of her, but shes actually a pretty good person.
- Fastball Special: Wiglaf hurls her at Shadow Tamiko to land the finishing blow.
- Go-Getter Girl: She has a variety of goals she tries to accomplish, often with amusing or tragic results.
- Hot-Blooded: Particularly in combat.
- I Love Nuclear Power: Her Personas mainly use the Frei line of spells.
- Insecure Love Interest: Hinted at several times. This reaches its peak in Chapter 51, where she's worried her meltdown during the Shadow Tamiko fight is something Hikaru finds freaky and that he'd rather be with someone better than her, like Rina. Thankfully, he talks her out of it.
- Magic Knight: Aeneas uses both Physical and Frei attacks pretty effectively.
- Mighty Glacier: Izumi is strong and can take plenty of hits, but is rather slow.
- No Indoor Voice: She tends to get kinda shouty, especially when flustered.
- No Social Skills: Amusingly, shes not very good at socializing, and often tends to just say the first thing on her mind.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After Shadow Tamiko knocks out Hikaru, Izumi loses it.
- Saying Too Much: Tends to do this when embarrassed or flustered.
- Ship Tease: With Hikaru, evident from her very first chapter. Rina enjoys teasing her about it, even when the two eventually hook up.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Shes got a pretty dirty mouth and is easily the most vulgar of the party members.
- The Unfettered: A particularly bad example of this. She gets better.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: She starts off as this - Hikaru dated his other childhood friend, Amano, until she died.
- Tomboy: Shes into a lot of typically masculine hobbies.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: In Chapter 24, Rina convinces Hikaru to be true to himself and he finally asks Izumi out.
A foreign student who attends Okutari High School. Wilma doesnt have many friends, which is what leads Rina to reach out to her. While shes sweet, shes somewhat innocent and generally very timid, frequently apologizing and always being rather nervous that shes not fitting in amongst her classmates. Shes the first member to join the Freedom Fighters after their founding, and serves as their smith, creating Persona-powered weapons for them.
Wilmas initial Persona is Enkidu, named after the character from The Epic of Gilgamesh. Enkidu was a wild man created by the goddess Aruru, but he was eventually made into a civilized man, and became Gilgameshs lifelong partner. Enkidu takes the form of a purple-skinned elf with a bow and arrow, long green hair, and steel armor.
- Adorkable: Very much so, given her attempts to please others and her cultural misunderstandings.
- Apologetic Attacker: Eeks out a sorry! whenever she attacks Shadows.
- Apologizes a Lot: She tends to say sorry frequently - she apologizes when talking too much, talking too little, fighting Shadows...
- Beware the Nice Ones: She may seem soft but shes actually a pretty competent fighter.
- Blade on a Stick: She wields spears as her weapon of choice - presumably so she doesnt have to get too close to Shadows.
- The Cutie: Shes easily the cutest of the party in terms of mannerisms. Even her texting is cute and sprinkled with emotes!
- Extreme Doormat: Shes very quick to obey others, to the point where her Shadow is based around it. This is due to her desire to fit in.
- Fragile Flower: Big time. Shes terrified of criticism and is very sensitive.
- Funny Foreigner: More in the adorkable sense, but she still falls under this big time.
- Genius Ditz: Shes very talented (especially in metalcraft) but is rather naive to the regions culture and is kinda childish.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She has blonde hair and is easily the most innocent party member.
- Naïve Everygirl: Innocent, pure-hearted, and somewhat insecure.
- Nice Girl: Really, the worst thing you can say about her is that she lets people walk all over her.
- Shock and Awe: Her Personas primarily use the Zio line of spells.
- Ultimate Blacksmith: After getting her Persona she uses it to help craft powerful weapons for the party.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Downplayed example. Arsene_Phantom confirmed on her Tumblr that Wilma has a crush on Rina, but is far too innocent to realize that's what it is.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Described as having knee-high socks with a brown skirt, so Grade C.
A student at Okutari High whos often feared for his intimidating demeanor. Ryouichi is tall and not very talkative, which makes him difficult to interact with; not helped by the fact that hes usually rather blunt and even sarcastic. He proves to be considerably better around close friends, and is the second member to join the Freedom Fighters.
Ryouichis initial Persona is Wiglaf, named after a character from the epic of Beowulf. Wiglaf is Beowulfs closest friend, and is his only living relative as Beowulf is dying. Wiglaf takes the form of a large humanoid being made of rock with gemstones embedded into various parts of his skin.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Hikaru refers to his rulebreaking in school like this.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: He may not talk much, but dont think for one second hes a pushover.
- The Comically Serious: Amplified by his sarcastic side.
- Deadpan Snarker: Rivals Rina in terms of sarcasm.
- Face of a Thug: Downplayed. Ryouichi is generally someone people are scared of due to his intimidating factor. While hes not exactly a nice person, hes not really all that bad, either.
- Fedora of Asskicking: The only member of the Freedom Fighters with headgear - and a fedora, of all things.
- Jerkass: When hes possessed by Shadows, hes very unpleasant.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Repressed anger and bluntness aside, hes actually a pretty good guy, wasting no time in clearing the air between him and Hikaru as soon as he joins the team, and being gentler around Wilma and Tamiko.
- Not So Above It All: There are implications that even Ryouichi enjoys being kind of silly sometimes, considering he gets the idea to hurl Izumi at Shadow Tamiko to finish her off.
- Not So Stoic: Hes normally calm, but has quite a bit of repressed anger underneath.
- Odd Friendship: With Tamiko.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: He tends to casually skip school (and also wears a hat in school) and can get away with it thanks to his dad being the Chief Justice. Zig-Zagged in that while that doesnt give him that much power, his dad is terrifying enough that people tend to overlook that.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to both Tamiko and Hikarus red.
- Ship Tease: Plenty with Tamiko. The two obviously care about each other very much, with Tamiko even grieving when he's possessed.
- The Stoic: He never loses his cool. Even when his anger issues come to light, hes pretty calm about them.
- Tranquil Fury: Hes never actually seen yelling or raving, but when his anger does show through, it mixes with deadly calm.
- The Quiet One: He barely talks, though he speaks more often around the team when he joins them.
Ryouichis best friend, and another student at Okutari High whos oddly popular. Even if she makes a lot of friends, Tamiko is still a very odd person, believing shes blessed by the dark powers and often spouting nonsense that people dont really understand. Despite her eccentricities, she proves to be a valuable asset to the team.
Tamiko's initial Persona is Odysseus, named after the main character of The Odyssey. Odysseus went on a long journey home after sacking Troy and was well-known for his cunning and wit. Odysseus takes the form of a golden, orb-shaped automaton with wings and a single blue eye.
- Badass Boast: She loves giving these out.
- Badass Longcoat: She wears a gray one.
- Badass Pacifist: Her Persona cant fight, but she's still a valuable team member.
- Beware the Silly Ones: She may be the most outwardly goofy party member, but dont underestimate her.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: At first, she seems very off-putting, but she's actually a pretty good strategist and manipulator - not to the point of Obfuscating Stupidity (she genuinely does believe her powers are real) but shes well aware of how people react to her.
- Chuunibyou: Her whole shtick is that she believes she has supernatural abilities. And this is before she gets a Persona.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Shes easily the most out there of the party.
- Evil Laugh: She has a habit of doing this. Kuhuhuhuhu!
- Genki Girl: In casual conditions, shes pretty energetic and upbeat.
- Guile Hero: Despite her quirkiness, she is a very effective manipulator, which works to her advantage as the partys intel gatherer and strategist.
- Large Ham: Even more so than Hikaru, to a rather hilarious extent.
- Mission Control: Serves as the partys version, ala Rise and Futaba.
- No Social Skills: Subverted. At first, it seems like this is definitely the case, given how everyone thinks of her as weird and she tends to babble about her powers. When she joins the party, however, she shows that she can function perfectly well in a normal conversation... albeit with the occasional supernatural term thrown in here and there.
- Odd Friendship: With Ryouichi.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Rina takes note of the several times Tamiko's usual energy seems off - such as when Tamiko catches the group before their fight with Shadow Ryouichi, or her seeming kind of out of it when she visits her home.
- Stalker Without a Crush: She tends to stalk people for... occult research.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: She and Ryouichi tend to get on each others cases frequently, but theyre pretty good friends, as shown with Tamiko grieving over him after he disappears from school.
The Student Council fundraising officer at Okutari High.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Sure, he's silly and weird, but he's on Student Council for a reason.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: He acts like he's good at reading people, but he's often completely off the mark.
- Large Ham: He's overdramatic and ridiculous.
- Nice Guy: Despite being kind of weird, Samon is ultimately good hearted.
- No Social Skills: He seems to have trouble conversing with Rina.
The Student Council President at Touzawa Private School.
- Adorkable: Reveals himself to be this at the end of his initial chapter, complete with a silly smile.
- No Social Skills: Not as bad as Samon, but he admits he's not really used to talking to people.
- The Quiet One: He's not very talkative, even having pauses in between what he says.
- The Stoic: He's pretty hard to read.
- Student Council President: He's the president of Touzawa's student council.
Rina's sister, who takes her in and acts as her guardian for her time in Sougawa.
- Cool Big Sis: Rina certainly seems to think so, and it shows. Furuta is always there when Rina needs help and even took her in.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Furuta is elegant and ladylike, and is where Rina gets her cooking skills from.
- Promoted to Parent: At the start of the story.
- The Stoic: Shes totally unshakable, which is one of the reasons Rina looks up to her.
- Supreme Chef: Furuta is a really good cook, and even teaches Rina how to cook herself.
A worker at Saori Ramen, a shop Rina and her team frequents.
- Alliterative Name: Shizuka Saori.
- The Cynic: She tends towards pessimism.
- Deadpan Snarker: Pretty much every other line out of her mouth is a sarcastic quip of some sort.
- Family Business: Shes a worker at one and is next in line to inherit the shop, though shes not particularly enthusiastic about it.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Snarky and lazy she may be, shes still good at heart and is just kind of sick of her job.
The person in charge of basically everything at the Museum of History.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: According to her, she uses this skill to know more about who would be best suited for her museum. She can even tell Rina is rich.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Not as crazy as Clerval, but she's still very eccentric.
- Genki Girl: By far the most energetic female character in the story, perhaps tied with Tamiko.
- No Sense of Personal Space: She's... fairly physical with Rina. Rina gets used to it, though.
- Perpetual Smiler: Her smile only falters once.
Igor's latest Velvet Room attendant. Fascinated by humanity.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Eccentric he may be, he's still a Velvet Room attendant, and provides Rina with valuable advice.
- Cloudcuckoolander: To a T. When he enjoys some ramen with Rina, he stands up, asks who made it, and then tips the cook a hundred thousand yen.
- Intrigued by Humanity: He's fascinated by humans... perhaps a bit too much so.
- Mad Scientist: Gives off the impression of one with the way he talks about humans.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: He doesn't intend to be as scary as he comes off.
- Bold Inflation: Shadow Selves speak in bold and italics.
- Deconstruction: The Shadows all deconstruct a trope. Their Social Links usually reconstruct it.
- Rinas Shadow deconstructs I Just Want to Have Friends, with her not caring if theyre genuine so long as theyre friends.
- Hikarus Shadow deconstructs I Just Want to Be Special, as he finds his limitations and responsibilities prevent him from being a hero.
- Izumis Shadow deconstructs Determinator, with her wanting to plow ahead and not caring about her health.
- Wilmas Shadow deconstructs Nice Girl, as shes so nice shes willing to let people walk all over her so everyone can be happy.
- Ryouichis Shadow deconstructs The Unfettered, as hes willing to hurt... pretty much everyone who gets in his way so long as it feels good.
- Tamiko's Shadow deconstructs the Chuunibyou, as since no one else shares her worldview she's fallen into a deep depression... and is willing to force people to accept her reality.
Rina's Shadow, born from her feeling trapped between staying friendless or making new, fake friends that only care about her status.
- The Baroness: Shes Rina but without any of the caring and motherly traits.
- The Unfought: Thanks to having the potential to be a Wild Card, Rina is able to fight back against her without a boss battle.
Hikaru's Shadow, born from him feeling trapped between his responsibilities and his desire to be a hero.
- Despair Event Horizon: Appears to have hit this.
- The Eeyore: Hes perpetually depressed - until combat, that is.
- Irony: Hes weak to fire. Hikarus primary element is fire. Not only that, but Shadow Hikaru even uses a fiery laser from his shield. And to top it all off, a fire is what killed his old girlfriend.
- Logical Weakness: Of course his fire-absorbing shield is weak to ice.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: He may be weak to fire, but his shield protects him from that and also shoots out a giant laser in response.
- Mighty Glacier: Hes pretty slow, but extremely strong and can take a decent amount of punishment from Rina before he goes down.
- One-Winged Angel: Takes the form of a black werewolf with a sword and shield.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: This one wields a sword and a shield that shoots fire!
- Playing with Fire: His shield can shoot fiery bursts.
- Pre-Asskicking One-Liner: "If youre going to keep me chained to my everyday responsibilities, then Ill just have to cut you down!"
- Tarot Motifs: Reversed Sun - Depression due to lack of success.
Izumi's Shadow, born from her feeling trapped between her goals and her personal health.
- Achilles' Heel: Magic pierces straight through her healing factor.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: Shadow Izumi has pretty much no strategy other than bashing people with her fists. And it works pretty darn well.
- Everything's Squishier with Cephalopods: Her berserk form is an octopus with fists.
- Healing Factor: Gilgamesh stabs Shadow Izumi and she heals off the wound within seconds. That said, it doesnt protect against magic.
- Lightning Bruiser: After she transforms, Shadow Izumi hits hard and fast, and takes a decent amount of punishment before she goes down.
- One-Winged Angel: Takes the form of a large octopus with fists on the ends of its tentacles.
- Pre-Asskicking One-Liner: "Now get out of my way, before I run you over!"
- Tarot Motifs: Reversed Chariot - Lack of control and direction coupled with furious aggression.
Wilma's Shadow, born from her feeling trapped between making others happy and making herself happy.
- Arm Cannon: She never actually fires it, but its one of her starting weapons.
- Ax-Crazy: She has hints of this, claiming shell cut a smile into the partys face to make them happy if she needs to.
- Berserk Button: Dont call her pulse blades lightsabers.
- Chainsaw Good: One of the first weapons she uses is a chainsaw. She keeps it for a good portion of the fight, using it to combat Aeneas and Rina.
- "Get Back Here!" Boss: In her sniper phase, she plays out like this. Rina has to position herself so that Shadow Wilma jumps straight into her line of fire when escaping from her teammates.
- Guns Akimbo: She briefly uses two machine guns to spray bullets everywhere.
- Insistent Terminology: Theyre not lightsabers, theyre pulse blades!
- Laser Blade: She wields two of them in the final stages of her fight - pulse blades, as she calls them.
- Lightning Bruiser: Shadow Wilma can take a lot of punishment from three Persona users, is proficient in both ranged and melee combat, and is fast and acrobatic enough to leap across a giant room with ease.
- Madness Mantra: Shortly before transforming. KILL! KILL! KILL!
- One-Winged Angel: Takes the form of a mechanical humanoid with various weapons for arms.
- Pre-Asskicking One-Liner: "I'll make you happy, even if I have to cut a smile into your face!"
- Shock and Awe: She explodes into electricity when Izumi is a little too insistent on punching her.
- Sniper Rifle: She uses one in the early stages of the fight - with some pretty large bullets.
- Stealth Pun: She switches weapons so often because shes always trying something new to impress people.
- Tarot Motifs: Reversed Moon - Release of fear and distinct unhappiness.
- Walking Armory: She has a variety of weapons she uses to combat the Freedom Fighters.
Ryouichi's Shadow, born from him feeling trapped between bottling his anger up and unleashing it on people.
- Achilles' Heel: Shadow Ryouichi's berserk form is utterly invincible - except for his core. He gets smart and starts moving it around his body when the Freedom Fighters first find it, but makes the mistake of tiring himself out enough to expose it again.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: The largest Shadow the party has faced up to this point.
- Berserk Button: Don't stand up to him or imply he's not in control.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Really, really beware.
- Exact Words: He says he'll grant the party access to his office if they beat the VIPs. He never said right away.
- Faux Affably Evil: He acts nice, even as he talks about crushing people who get in his way.
- Large Ham: Hes always overenthusiastic and bombastic, a sharp contrast from Ryouichi normally.
- Mighty Glacier: He's not particularly fast after he goes berserk, but he takes a significant amount of punishment (with his weak point being hard to hit in the first place) and is able to nearly knock Rina out with a single punch.
- No Indoor Voice: When he goes berserk, Shadow Ryouichi screams most of his lines at the top of his lungs.
- One-Winged Angel: Takes the form of a massive tornado with a sparking core and an electric face.
- Pre-Asskicking One-Liner: "WHEN I'M DONE WITH YOU, YOU'LL BE NOTHING BUT A BLOODY PULP!"
- Rage Breaking Point: At first he's in his normal form, but that quickly changes as he's beaten down practically effortlessly, and all of his rage is unleashed in his transformation.
- Shielded Core Boss: Plays out like this; the tornado protects the core inside.
- Tarot Motifs: Reversed Emperor - Excessively controlling, dominating, and inflexible.
- Unskilled, but Strong: He doesn't really do anything other than simple physical tactics and the occasional Garula spell, but he proves to be extremely strong, being the first one to actually leave one of the Freedom Fighters incapacitated for a significant amount of time.
Tamiko's Shadow, born from her being trapped between her magic and, as everyone else calls it, "reality".
- Awesomeness by Analysis: She targets the party's weaknesses, and is only thwarted by them intercepting for each other.
- Bond Villain Stupidity: Exploited by Rina; seeing how Tamiko loves to talk, she goads her on into talking at one point, giving Izumi enough time to startle her.
- Breather Episode: Zig-zagged. On the one hand, Tamiko is a much friendlier Shadow than Shadow Ryouichi - she never really does anything out of intentional malice, she actually helps the party against intruders, and she shows no ill will when the party beats her. On the other hand, her issues are by far the most serious of the party.
- This applies to her actual fight as well. While Tamiko is able to knock out Hikaru, the tables swiftly turn against her as Izumi freaks out. Ultimately, her fight is around a thousand words shorter than Shadow Ryouichi's.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Even more so than normal Tamiko. She has the party follow arbitrarily set rules if they want to get to her.
- Expy: A jester with scythes, huh? She even says "I can do anything!"
- Friendly Enemy: Unlike the previous Shadows, Shadow Tamiko doesn't show any ill will towards others. She outright helps the party when they're battling against Jim and Gerald, and when everyone's exhausted she calls off the battle against her, encouraging them to get rest.
- Glass Cannon: Her eye form only takes a few hits to finish off, but it has access to Dyne spells.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: At first, Shadow Tamiko seems fairly easy - like a breather in comparison to Shadow Ryouichi. Then it turns out the Shadow is the carousel...
- Obliviously Evil: She views everything as just a game.
- One-Winged Angel: Takes the form of a headless jester-like figure carrying a scythe and riding a carousel. Subverted when it turns out that Shadow Tamiko is actually an eye controlling the entire carousel.
- Pre-Asskicking One-Liner: "We're going to have fun forever, whether you like it or not!"
- Sinister Scythe: She wields one, which she uses to fight Nobuyuki's men. Her berserk form also has one. When she goes all-out, she sends energy scythes at the party as one of her moves.
- Tarot Motifs: Reversed Lovers - Imbalance, disharmony, and misaligned values.
- Yandere: She makes her intentions to keep the party with her forever clear.