Other Youkai Groups
Tropes Associated with 88 Demons of Shikoku
- Big Bad Wannabe: They ultimately prove to be more of an annoyance than an actual threat.
- Evil Counterpart: All of the executives are this to Rikuo's True Companions.
- Smug Snake: All of them, but especially Tamazuki.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Despite being a threat, they really don't stand a chance once the Nura Clan gets serious.
- Unwitting Pawn: They were used by Sanmoto to eliminate the Nura Clan for him, even giving him the Devil's Hammer to do so.
The leader of the current Shikoku Hachijūhakki Yakō, he is the eighth son of Inugamigyōbu Danuki's 88th wife and the one who most strongly inherited his father's divine power. His name was originally Tamazusa, but he changed it to Tamazuki (Aiming for the throne) as a symbol of his aspirations to become the master of all yōkai. He forms his own group and infiltrates Ukiyoe Town.
- Ambition Is Evil
- Bad Boss: Kills his minions when he wants to sacrifice them.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Tamazuki has an awful, literal case of this, discarding allies and subordinates without a second thought once he feels he has no more use for them.
- Cool Mask
- Drunk on the Dark Side: When using his evil sword.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: In his human guise.
- Evil Counterpart: To Rikuo, having a human guise, a Quirky Mini Boss Squad knockoff to his True Companions and the ability to assimilate minions within their own bodies.
- Evil Weapon: Maou's Hammer. He loses it after he's defeated, and the sword is then taken back to one of Sanmoto Gorouzaemon's many body parts.
- HeelFace Turn: Not really by choice, after he was defeated. He seems to have improved by the next time we see him.
- Kick the Dog: Poor Inugami.
- Large and in Charge: In his true form, he's taller than Rikuo's Night form.
- Meaningful Rename: He changed his name from Tamazusa (taken from a legend to showcase consideration) to Tamazuki ("Aiming for the throne").
- Oedipus Complex: Hates his father, wants to surpass him and even tries to kill him in the anime.
- Pet the Dog: Literally. Since Rikuo spared his life he's been taking care of a puppy, who seems to be Inugami's reincarnation.
- Rapunzel Hair: In his true form.
- Scars Are Forever: Gets one on his face after righting with Rikuo.
- Smug Snake: Talks like a master planner, but once he fights Rikuo, it's obvious that his own strength is in his Status Buff in the Devil's Hammer.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: A tell sign that he isn't normal.
- Tanuki: His true form.
- Unwitting Pawn: For the Hyaku Monogatari clan and the Gokadoin House. Abe no Ariyuki goes as far as telling him that, had he won, his reign would have lasted only three days.
- Villainous Breakdown:
- He loses it once he begins losing control of the youkai he absorbed and when the Devil's Hammer is taken from him.
- Taken Up to Eleven Not being able to sense Rikuo's presence, cumulating in a failed attempt on his father's life, only for Rikuo to strike him down and he is visibly terrified.
- White Hair, Black Heart: In his true form.
One of Tamazuki's executives. She's a mysterious yokai who can make people blind.
- Blade on a Stick: Naginata, her weapon of choice.
- Casting a Shadow: With her feathers.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: The most triumphant example in the series. So far she has betrayed the Shikoku Hachijūhakki Yakō, the Kyoto Youkai and the Hyaku Monogatari Clan.
- The Dragon: Well, Co-Dragons with Inu-hoho and Inugami till it was revealed that she was a mole for the Hyaku Monogatari Clan.
- Dragon with an Agenda
- Enigmatic Minion: In whatever group she's in and tends to betray them whenever they prove useless. In the last chapters of the manga, it's finally revealed that she's not a youkai, but a shikigami, and has been working for Abe no Ariyuki since the beginning.
- The Voiceless: Except for a few moments in the series.
- Totally Not a Werewolf: A Shikigami that others believed was a youkai.
- Winged Humanoid
Inugami is one of the executives of the Shikoku Hachijūhakki Yakō, whose real form is that of a giant dog. His head is able to separate from his body and act on its own to bite open an opponent's throat.
- All of the Other Reindeer: He was ostracized by humans by how he looked and didn't even know what youkai were till Tamazuki came around.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: While Tamazuki did torture him in order to qualify his potential, he treated nicer than any human ever did.
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil: Tamazuki had his minions beat him up until his powers awakened and convinced him to join his side.
- The Dragon: To Tamazuki.
- Driven by Envy: Why he hates Rikuo because he has a happier life than he and Tamazuki did.
- Envy: His main motivation other than loyalty to Tamazuki.
- Green-Eyed Monster: What results because of his envy.
- Off with His Head!: Needs to do this to activate his wolf head form.
- One-Winged Angel: Two of them, first, his wolf head form and the second is his wolf form.
- Overly Long Tongue: So long it is constantly sticking out since it can't fit inside his mouth in any of his forms, but it doesn't hinder his ability to talk or grit his teeth at all.
- Reincarnation: The puppy that follows Tamazuki around is implied to be this.
- Sympathy for the Devil: It's hard not to feel bad when he was killed and betrayed by the person he trusted.
- Undying Loyalty: Towards Tamazuki which is why he's genuinely confused why Tamazuki kills him in the anime.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: He can turn into a wolf.
Sodemogi-sama is one of the executives of the Shikoku Hachijūhakki Yakō and a Yōkai who specializes in killing guardian deities. He is frequently described as a "bald Buddha statue." He attacks Senba and Kokehime with the intent of weakening the Nura Clan's power by transferring the land gods' worship to himself, but is ultimately defeated by Kurotabō.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: He does this to the land deities by tugging out their sleeves. Kinda downsized by the fact the gods themselves are weak and small.
- Evil Counterpart: To Kurotabo.
- Evil Genius
- Expressive Mask: His stone face is capable of emitting emotions from time to time.
Hari Onna, known as Kagibari Onna in the anime, is one of the executives of the Shikoku Hachijūhakki Yakō and a yōkai who can turn her hair into hooks. She hates being called an old lady and follows Tamazuki primarily because she fears him.
- The Dark Chick: The female example among the other three members that qualify.
- Evil Counterpart: To Kejoro.
- I Control My Minions Through...: When remembering a chat she had with Inugami, she stated in her mind that she only followed Tamazuki because she feared him.
- Prehensile Hair
- Villainous Friendship: She and Inugami got along very well, and when she learnt that it was Tamazuki who killed him, she was shocked.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Tamazuki kills her unceremoniously in order to boost the Devil's Hammer's power.
- The Dragon: Noted to be the leader of the Seven Phantom Thiefs.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Used as a shield by Tamazuki to block Rikuou's attack in the manga at least.
- Evil Counterpart: To the Tengu Siblings, anime only.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Anime only, the Tengu siblings redirect his fire attack back at him.
- Playing with Fire: His power is fire.
- Blow You Away: His powers involve the manipulation of wind and air.
- Hero Killer: To Hihi, but considering how easily Nurarihyon killed Muchi, it just shows the former was out of shape.
- Razor Wind: Appears to be one of his main attacks.
- The Dark Chick: Has pretty lame powers compared to the others, and is very easily agitated.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: He looks more like a monster trying to go undercover than a human.
- Voiced By: Atsushi Ono (JP), Jamieson Price (EN)
- Voiced By: Katsuji Mori (JP), Michael McConnohie (EN)
- The Atoner: Since his son went and decided to take on the Nura Clan.
- Big Good: To the Shikoku yokai when Tamazuki wasn't leading them.
- Break the Haughty: Obviously Nurarihyon, but more importantly when a human wielding the Devil's Hammer did this to 300 of his clansmen.
- Large and in Charge: As he grew with age, so did he with girth.
- Mr. Exposition: An episode is dedicated to his explanation of the events leading up to the current arc.
- The Rival: To Nurarihyon in his youth.
- Token Good Teammate: Normally Tamazuki's group would be considered the Token Evil Teammate, but since the majority follow his son, he's this.
A Kamaitachi youkai. He was instructed to watch and teach Rikuo during the latter's stay in Tono. He fights using two or three sickles and his true form is that of a weasel-faced demon. Joins Rikuo on his journey to Kyoto. He also assists Rikuo against the Hundred Tales and Gokadoin Clans.
- Big Brother Mentor: To Rikuo.
- Dual Wielding: Usually uses two sickles, although has been known to hold three at once...
- Multicolored Hair: Light grey on top and black everywhere else.
- Razor Wind
- The Stoic
- Stern Teacher: He's very strict on Rikuo when he trained him.
- Tsundere: A male example.
- Wicked Weasel
An Amanojaku youkai. Awashima is a man at day and a woman at night, nevertheless he identifies himself as male no matter which form he is in. Joins Rikuo on his journey to Kyoto.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: He's good-looking in either male and female forms, although his appearance doesn't change much aside of anatomical differences.
- Bishōnen: He makes for a pretty-looking man in his male form.
- Blade on a Stick: Switches to this after losing his sword.
- The Bus Came Back: After being absent in the Hundred Tales Arc, he reappears in the Gokadoin Arc, and he participates in the assault on Blue Spiral Castle.
- Clothing Damage: At the hands of the 72-faced demon.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: He hates being looked down on or underestimated because of his female form, as he considers himself to be male at heart.
- Female Angel, Male Demon: Specifically part of his powerset; a woman with angelic powers by night, a man with demonic powers by day.
- Marshmallow Hell: Does this to Rikuo on occasion.
- Meaningful Name: He's named after Izanami, a 'heavenly angel', and Izanagi's, a 'raging demon', second child. The child was neither female nor male.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Oral Fixation: He always has a twig sticking out of his mouth.
- Sex Shifter: Male by day and female by night. Sees himself as a man at heart.
- Shameless Fanservice Guy: He feels no shame to bath with males when in his female form.
- Transgender Fetishization: His female form is used for quite a bit of fanservice, despite him identifying as male in either form.
- Tsundere: Mostly towards Kurotabo.
A Numakappa youkai. Like his friends he joins Rikuo on his journey to Kyoto.
- The Bus Came Back: After being absent in the Hundred Tales Arc, he reappears in the Gokadoin Arc, and he participates in the assault on Blue Spiral Castle.
- Genius Bruiser
- Kappa: He's more reptilian than Kappa which most likely has to do with the fact that he's a swamp kappa.
- Making a Splash
- The Smart Guy: Knows a lot of lore and myths
- Supernatural Gold Eyes
A Futtachi youkai. Like the others he joined Rikuo on his journey to Kyoto. When he tried to help Reira against Tsuchigumo both ended crushed by him, as result of that they don't join the rest in the final battle.
- The Big Guy
- The Bus Came Back: After being absent in the Hundred Tales Arc, he reappears in the Gokadoin Arc, and he participates in the assault on Blue Spiral Castle.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys
A Zashiki-Warashi youkai. She joined Rikuo on his journey to Kyoto but didn't take part in the final battle as she stayed behind with Reira and Dohiko to take care of them.
- The Bus Came Back: After being absent in the Hundred Tales Arc, she reappears in the Gokadoin Arc, accompanying Itaku, Rikuo, Tsurara, and Ryuuji to Mount Osore. She also participates in the assault on Blue Spiral Castle.
- Reflectionless Useless Eyes: She lacks any glimmer in her eyes, hinting at her youkai nature.
- Winds of Destiny, Change: Brings good luck to those around her.
- Zashiki-warashi: Her type of youkai brings good fortune to those around her.
A Yuki-Onna youkai like Tsurara. She joins Rikuo on his journey to Kyoto.She was heavily wounded by Tsuchigumo and she couldn't join the final battle in Kyoto.
- The Bus Came Back: After being absent in the Hundred Tales Arc, she reappears in the Gokadoin Arc, and she participates in the assault on Blue Spiral Castle.
- An Ice Person: Naturally, since she's a spirit of snow.
- Meaningful Name: The writing of her name translates to "Cold Beauty".
- Odango Hair: She has her hair tied in Chinese-style buns on either side of her head with a small braid hanging on the right.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Like other Yuki-onna, she has golden eyes.
- Theme Naming: Like the other Yuki-onna, her names ends in -ra.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has pink hair.
- Yuki-onna: Like Tsurara and Setsura, she's a snow spirit youkai.
After the Nue's resurrection, the Kyoto Youkai split into two factions. Most of them follow the Nue to hell, while the rest stay behind out of loyalty to Hagoromo Gitsune and make peace with the Nura Clan.
Tropes associated with Kyoto Yokai
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Basically, before the Nura clan won admittedly through coincidences (Nuraihyon using the blade he took from Princess Yo and Hidemoto's assistance), they were the strongest demon group in Kyoto, if not all of Japan.
- Badass Army: Since each one is a very powerful youkai.
- Badass Crew: Every one of their top elites qualify and even some of their Mooks are very impressive.
- Smug Super: Since there hasn't been a major challenge and justifiably have the strength to back up their claims.
- Unwitting Pawn: An even more elaborate example than the Shikoku Yokai, since Sanmoto and the yokai they were trying to resurrect were using them from the beginning.
The current leader of the Kyoto Youkai, she's a nine-tailed Kitsune whose goal is to give birth to the Nue and fill the world with darkness. She has lived a thousand years through reincarnation. She possesses the body of a notable child and takes control of it to attain adult form. Although she can only live as long as a human lifetime each time she reincarnates, she will continue to reincarnate into the next generation as long as her true form isn't sealed.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Her modern incarnation. The maturity and coldness of a thousand-year-old kitsune inside a beautiful tall, dark-haired high school girl.
- A Mother to Her Men: Especially to Kyokotsu. This is in contrast to previous villain Tamazuki.
- Animal Motif: Fox.
- Back from the Dead: Thanks to her power of reincarnation. She came back again in chapter 200.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: She wanted a world of Darkness ruled by youkai. In order to get that her son tosses her into the depths of hell.
- Big Bad: Until she gives birth to the Nue.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Her pure black eyes go along with all of darkness theme.
- Born-Again Immortality: She inhabits a child till it matures enough to take over. The downside is that she lives as long as her host and has to repeat the process over and over again.
- Curtains Match the Window: Her current host has black eyes and black hair.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: She has long black hair and pale white skin that would make Snow White look tan. It helps you know you should be wary around her.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: She genuinely loved her human husband even if she thinks the world should be ruled by youkai. Not to mention her son Abe No Seimei.
- After her last resurrection, he deeply cares for her Kyoto Yokai, especially Kyokotsu.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: She spent centuries trying to gain power in order to give birth to the Nue and fill the world with darkness. When she finally succeeds, his first act is to cast her into Hell.
- Fusion Dance: She combines with Nura Rikuo in order for the latter to use her "Fear" in order to defeat Abe no Seimei.
- Godiva Hair: When she was in the ritual center to born the Nue.
- HeelFace Turn: After her last resurrection.
- Historical Villain Upgrade: She was Lady Yodo in one of her past lives.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: She can get weapons out of her school bag or her tails, much to Rikuo's chagrin.
- Kiss of Death: She often harvests human livers by sucking them out through the victims' mouths.
- Kitsune: The only pure-blooded kitsune that has appeared in the series.
- The Mind Is The Plaything Of The Body: Normally subverted, but Otome's body is slowly influencing her, especially after her last resurrection.
- Ms. Fanservice: Both in the anime and the manga.
- Oneesama: Called this by Kyokotsu, with her undying adoration.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Her modern incarnation, in contrast with the other school girls shown in the series.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Even her enemy, Hidemoto the 13th, had to admit she had found a beautiful body for her last reincarnation. Understandable since it's Yamabuki Otome's body.
- Really 700 Years Old: Thanks to her constant switching of hosts, she has lived for over 1000 years.
- School Uniforms Are the New Black: Hagoromo-Gitsune takes it literally and beyond:"I will fill this world with something pure. Pure black, like these black eyes, this black hair, and black clothes..."
- That Man Is Dead: Twice, after chapter 210.4, she accepts that both "Otome" and "the fox" are gone, but she's still her own person.
- Worf Had the Flu: The only reason she lost was that she was suffering a Villainous BSoD when she remembers her killing of Rihan as Otome's memories were resurfacing. Up to that point, she was dominating the fight.
- Unwitting Pawn: To her own son, Nue and Sanmoto.
Kyōkotsu (Daughter and Father)
A youkai with the appearence of a young girl. Her father fought alongside Hagoromo Gitsune 400 years ago and now the daughter is one of her most loyal followers.
- Badass Adorable
- Creepy Child: It doesn't help that she carries a skull with her at all times. She can also use snakes to take your eyes.
- Legacy Character: Both share the same name as well as loyalty to Hagoromo Gitsune.
- Little Miss Badass: The daughter may be young, but she's one of the top executives of the Kyoto Youkai.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: And with very serpentine pupils too.
- Undying Loyalty: To Hagoromo Gitsune, of course. She doesn't recognize the Nue as her new master and so she becomes the leader of the remaining Kyoto youkai who await Hagoromo Gitsune's return. She goes as far as Taking the Bullet for her. Fortunately, she gets better.
A swordsman who has been part of the Kyoto Youkai for at least 1000 years. He tries to recruit warriors from the Tōno Village, but fails and then is unable to kill Rikuo after he learned how to master his youkai powers. However, he's still one of the most powerful core members of the Kyoto Clan.
- Badass Beard
- Game Face: Gains one little by little in order to increase his speed and power.
- Horned Humanoid: When using his Game Face.
- Last Chance to Quit: He insists that Rikuo and his comrades should cast aside their personal grudges and devote themselves to the creation of an ideal world for youkai. Rikuo doesn't agree.
- Master Swordsman: After having trained for 1000 years, he has mastered some deadly techniques.
- Sibling Team: With Ibaraki Dōji, his adopted younger brother.
- Undying Loyalty: To the Nue, but not to Hagoromo Gitsune. After the Nue is reborn, he follows him into hell.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: Only if you think that a world filled with darkness is an ideal world.
Once a demon child with a taste for blood, he became part of the Kyoto Youkai after the Nue killed his adoptive father, the oni Shuten Dōji. Easily recognizable by the wooden grave marker that covers the left side of his face, Ibaraki Dōji has a violent and bloodthirsty drive under his usual laid back appearance.
- Ax-Crazy: Normally a perpetually angry man, but when his grave marker is damaged, he goes insane.
- Blood Lust: He's rather violent.
- Creepy Child: Was able to walk from birth, was violent, had sharp teeth, and was even called a Oni's child.
- Dual Wielding: Two katana.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Is perpetually irritated so anything sets him off.
- Happily Adopted:
- Not a good thing when your foster father is another bloodthirsty demon.
- Earlier he was adopted by elderly human parents. Though once he tasted his own blood he craved human blood and ended up killing his adoptive father before running away. Which lead him to his demon foster father.
- Mummies at the Dinner Table: He erected the grave marker for his father, and is seen talking to him when the grave marker is broken.
- Psycho Electro: Since he's perpetually angry.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: To Shōkera's Blue Oni.
- Sibling Team: With Kidomaru, his adopted older brother.
- Shock and Awe: Apart from being a swordsman, he also has lightning powers.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Shōkera's Blue.
- Two-Faced: Under the grave marker he has an oni-like face.
- Undying Loyalty: To the Nue.
- Wrath: Embodies this.
A somewhat pious youkai wearing pseudo priest robes and a Christian cross on a necklace. He believes himself to be doing the work of God and often calls Hagoromo Gitsune Lady Mary or Blessed Mother of Darkness, much to Ibaraki Dōji's chagrin.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: His youkai form.
- Creepy Cool Crosses: Due to being a Christianity fanatic, he wears one and has another as a weapon.
- Crystal Dragon Jesus: Lampshaded by Ibaraki Dōji."She said Nue, didn't she? And Hagoromo Gitsune's name isn't Mary, you egotistical prick."
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: He thinks his insect wings are those of an angel. The audience may think otherwise.
- Hero Killer: Of the 27th Hidemoto.
- Insane Troll Logic: Hagoromo is trying to birth a savior to yokai and therefore, she's the Lady Mary and the baby will be Jesus the messiah.
- Light Is Not Good: He can release a light from himself when saying Let there be light and also unleash a cross shaped beam of light when using his cross shaped spear.
- Our Angels Are Different: The role of Shōkera youkai is to report the sins of sinners to Heaven while they sleep. A role that is shared with certain Angels and he has a Eldritch Abomination true form. It's easy to see why he would think he's an actual Angel.
- Peek-a-Bangs: His hair covers the left side of his face.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Ibaraki Dōji's Red.
- Sinister Minister: Dresses like a priest, wears a cross, prays for the souls he kills, and honestly believes he is doing the work of God.
- White Hair, Black Heart: When not in true form.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Seems to be under the assumption that Hagoromo is the Lady Mary and therefore Nue a youkai Jesus despite the fact that Hagoromo and Nue are Japanese yōkai and not related to Judeo-Christianity in anyway possible.
A Gashadokuro youkai. A Kyoto youkai who followed Hagoromo Gitsune. He was sealed away around 400 years ago until recently and returns as one of Hagoromo's most loyal followers.
- The Brute: Relies on brute force, as he isn't bright.
- Conspicuous CG: How he appears in the anime.
- Dem Bones: Naturally.
- Dumb Muscle: Has no subtly at all.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Was Sealed away by Hidemoto 400 years ago. But was recently freed by his master Hagoromo Gitsune.
- Undying Loyalty: To Hagoromo Gitsune just like Kyōkotsu. He also doesn't recognize the Nue as his new master and stays with Kyōkotsu to await the return of Hagoromo Gitsune.
An honorable and old-fashioned youkai, he's the leader of the forces set to watch over the skies of Kyoto during Hagoromo Gitsune's attack.
- Blade on a Stick
- Cool Mask
- Defeat Means Friendship: Averted. Rikuo tries to recruit him, but his loyalty is for Hagoromo Gitsune. However, he still gives some advice to Rikuo and his companions.
- Honor Before Reason: Very much so. It's noted several times that he should've just destroyed their ship without announcing his presence.
- I Gave My Word: He grants Rikuo free passage after being defeated, but his underlings disobey him.
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen: To Rikuo.
- Noble Demon: By far one of the more affable and honorable of the Kyoto Youkai, having a decorum of standards for fighting.
- Threshold Guardians:
- For Rikuo, in order to prove he had what it took to fight the Kyoto Youkai.
- Subverted, when Tsuchigumo immediately shows up to give Rikuo a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown immediately after this.
- Undying Loyalty: He's more than ready to die for Hagoromo Gitsune. He's one of the Kyoto youkai who stay with Kyōkotsu and await Hagoromo Gitsune's return.
- Villainous Valor: He's one of the few Kyoto youkai to believe in chivalry.
- Warrior Poet. Although he sucks at Haiku.
Not exactly part of the Kyoto youkai, he only helps Hagoromo Gitsune because he wants to fight powerful adversaries. He is often likened to natural disasters like typhoons, earthquakes and plague.
- Blood Knight: He wants to fight strong adversaries and he'll ally with you as long as you promise that.
- Genius Bruiser: You already know how badass he is already, but he's much more perceptive than he appears as he's the first to guess that Jizo replaced Great Tengu.
- Hero Killer: Not mentioning that he killed several minor Nura clan fighters, he caused a devastating blow to the Nura Clan's morale by subjecting them to a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown.
- The Juggernaut: Even a Fusion Dance that manages to cut him in half isn't enough to bring him totally down for the count, something that he immediately recovered from. He's also described as a natural disaster rather than a youkai.
- Knight of Cerebus: While the Shikoku group were a genuine threat, things really started to get serious once he beats down the Nura Clan.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Oh a finger? Stick it back on, Oh you managed to nearly cut me in half? Minor annoyance to recover from. Only the Nue could inflict serious injuries on him.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous
- Nightmare Face: His Hannya-eque face.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: If you're not capable of surviving this, he doesn't consider you a worthy opponent.
- Person OF Mass Destruction: And how!
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The onmyouji Hidemoto told him that he'd wake up in 1000 years and could fight The Nue if he was sealed. He accepted.
- Smarter Than You Look: For someone who cares only about fighting, he's The first to notice Jizo replaced the Great Tengu as a member, something not even the elite could do.
- Threshold Guardians: The real threat Rikuo had to defeat in order to reach Hagoromo Gitsune.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: No, Rikuo; Tsuchigumo does not believe that you feel you won't lose as long as you have the Night Parade behind you.
- Wild Card: Even Hagoromo Gitsune knows it's better to let Tsuchigumo have his way.
- Would Hit a Girl: He explicitely says he doesn't discriminate. He targets anyone who can fight.
Great Tengu of Mount Kurama
A powerful and old Tengu who served as the right hand of Hagoromo Gitsune for hundreds of years. He was replaced when Minagoroshi Jizou appeared.
- The Dragon: Originally one to Hagoromo Gitsune till Jizo cast him aside.
- Enemy Mine: Since Jizo replaced him as a member,so he had Rikuo trained in order to prevent the birth of Nue and prevent his and Sanmoto's plans from succeeding.
- HeelFace Turn: Maybe. He only sided with them to get revenge and prevent the Nue's birth at this time. But now that the Nue has been born he may have to end up joining them for real. He was not one of the youkai who went with the Nue to hell however.
- Revenge: He didn't like being thrown out by Jizo at all.
Nijūnanamen Senju Mukade
A Kyoto yōkai who resembles a thousand-armed Guanyin. He is the guardian of a multitude of Japanese gates at the Fushimi Inari Shrine, through which he can extend his arms or capture the limbs of an opponent.
- Conspicuous CG: How he appears in the anime because he's far too complex to animated.
- Creepy Monotone: Especially in the dub.
- Dimension Lord: Whenever he capture the victim's limbs, their limbs will appear in another torii. This torii acts like dimension portal. He takes root in the "realm of the heart" created by children he has frightened, and the greater the child's fear the stronger he becomes.
- Emotion Eater: Thrives on the fears of children in order to become stronger.
- I'm Not Afraid of You: How he can be defeated through weakening.
- Meaningful Name: "Twenty Seven Face One-Thousand Hand Centipede", and he is able to increase those limbs and faces based on the fear's obtained.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous
- Sealed Evil in a Can
Tropes Associated With The Hyaku Monogatari Clain
- Big-Bad Ensemble: This seems to be what the seven excecutives of the present Hundred Tales Clan are turning out to be, working towards the same goals, but doing it in their own way. Minagoroshi Jizou is a special example in that he is not an excecutive, but is part of it regardless given how many things he has been responsible for, that benefitted the clan as a whole, before his death.
- Body Horror: Sanmoto was freaking huge and ugly and fat even as a normal human, and his transformation MELTED AND SPLITTED HIS FLESH INTO HUNDRED PARTS, which in turn become grotesque Yokai themselves. Example:
- Minagoroshi Jizou (Sanmoto's left eye) (in the middle).
- Maou's Hammer, which is a katana sword with numerous slimey tentacles, started out as his heart that he pulled out.
- Chekhov's Boomerang: Is used in each arc in order for them to check up on their pawns' progress like Tanuki.
- Enchou (Sanmoto's mouth) (on the right)
- Kyosai (Sanmoto's hand)
- Sanmoto's Duodenum looks like it wandered out of one of Junji Ito's nightmares. In the present time, "she" got a human disquise and went by the name of "Akujiki no Nokaze". Rikuo killed her when she tried to eat Kana.
- Dumb Muscle: Probably the dumbest of the body parts that gained consciousnesses. She is more of a beast than an intelligent being when she really goes wild. This could mean that she was one of the few body parts loyal to Sanmoto.
- Elite Mook
- Glass Cannon
- I'm a Humanitarian: One half of her powers.
- Killed Off for Real
- Rubber Woman: The other half of her powers.
- More of Sanmoto's body parts specifically "Sanmoto's Left Pinky, Eyebrow, Vestibular System, and Right Chin".
- Sanmoto's Foot Arch, Enamel and Heel Bone
- Raiden (Sanmotos bones) and Tamasaburo (Sanmoto's facial skin)
- A baby like demon that was found after the death of his largest bodypart. See Fake Mitsume Yazura below.
- Five-Man Band: The body parts who were made into excecutives (and Yanagida) can be considered this:
- The Big Bad: Sanmoto's Brain AKA Fake Mitsume Yazura
- Co-Dragons: Enchou (Sanmoto's Mouth) and Kyosai (Sanmoto's Hand). Yanagida may also count.
- The Evil Genius: Minagoroshi Jizou (Sanmoto's Left Eye), even though he's not an excecutive.
- The Brute: Raiden (Sanmoto's Bones)
- The Dark Chick: Tamasaburo (Sanmoto's Facial Skin)
- The Sixth Ranger: Yanagida (the unofficial Ears of Sanmoto), though he could also be counted as another Dragon.
- Weak, but Skilled: In terms of skills, they have some of the most impressive arsenal in the series. However, they also tend to be Squishy Wizards in terms of physical endurance. Which is why the group prefers to be Manipulative Bastard schemers than on the offensive.
The leader of the Hyaku Monogatari clan, he was original an ordinary, albeit gigantic and obese, human merchant living in Edo. Having grown bored of the usual entertainment, however, he acquired the Hyakki Teakettle and devised the creation of a Hyaku Monogatari to gather fear into it and use the fear to control Edo.However, when he was killed during a Nura clan assault, he made himself a yokai, which transformed himself and his bodyparts into yōkai. While his main body and consciousness ended up in hell, the yōkai who comprised the rest of his body remained to cause chaos. The strongest among them even seemed to develop their own consciousnesses.
- Big Bad: Through his Brain to which he eventually reincarnates through in the Hyaku Monogatari arc and rguably the entire series, since both Shikoku and Kyoto were manipulated by him; is responsible for Rikuo's father's death and resurrecting the final Big Bad for his own purposes.
- Big-Bad Ensemble: He and the Nue are responsible for all of the mess of the present era.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Although he thought he had everything under control, at the same time he was being manipulated by Enchou and Abe no Ariyuki. When his time to return came, he was summarily betrayed and then Rikuo sent him back to hell, leaving the stage clear for the final confrontation against Seimei.
- Body Horror: The result of his Emergency Transformation causes his body parts to take a life of their own.
- Brainwashed: What he does to others who drink the Conquerors tea. Kurotabō was one of them.
- Dirty Coward: Was one as a human. His body parts after he became a demon are not.
- Disproportionate Retribution: When he was a young man, a lady ignored his advances for being ugly. So he has her entire family killed and takes her in once she's broken utterly. That'll teach her.
- Emergency Transformation: How he became a youkai.
- Evil Is Bigger: Was very big as a human, then becomes a huge youkai that towers over buildings.
- Evil Makes You Monstrous: And how!
- Evil Makes You Ugly: Going from ugly to pure Nightmare Face.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Especially in the dub.
- Fat Bastard, Villainous Glutton, Gonk , then finally Dead Weight.
- Faux Affably Evil: While human, he put up a humble and somewhat friendly front while secretly viewing those around him as little more than means to an end. After becoming a demon, he drops the act.
- For the Evulz: His initial reason for why he created yokai was because he was bored of his usual activities so he decided to spice it up.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Once was an orange merchant who used a Macguffin to achieve his ambitions, but through his "death", he manages to cause all the problems of the present story.
- A God Am I: Wanted to become a buddha, he becomes something more terrifying in doing so.
- Gonk: Very much so as a human◊.
- Greater-Scope Villain: To the Brain, as well as the rest of the villains who have been manipulated by him from behind the scenes.
- The Heavy: While the Nue was getting reborn, he manipulated everything that happened for two major story arcs.
- Human Shield: Is willing to do this when pushed to corner.
- Karmic Transformation: Self-infliced. He becomes the same type of youkai he created to cause chaos on Edo.
- The Man Behind the Man: Big time. Basically, two villain groups were manipulated into doing his work, with some help from another source for the latter of the two.
- Manipulative Bastard: Initially was one, manipulating almost all of Edo's political leaders into becoming his pawns and razing the poor For the Evulz.
- Not Quite Dead: Double subverted. He did end up going to hell after breaking his neck, but his remaining body parts remained alive and since they lived, he lived through them technically while in hell.
- Our Demons Are Different: Was Once a Man and his remaining parts had taken sentience while he remains in hell.
- Out-Gambitted: By Enchou and Abe no Ariyuki.
- Revenge: Against Rihan. He succeeds big time with Seimei's collaboration.
- Shout-Out: His "mutated" form looks rather like the God-Warrior from Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.
- The Storyteller: Brings youkai to life through stories.
- Smug Snake: Sanmoto was once as a human when he desired to become a Buddha. His body parts after he became a demon are not.
- Unwitting Pawn: Seimei is more about using him than being his partner, and even his own body parts use Revenge for an excuse for mindless evil.
- Was Once a Man: Once was an orange seller who desired his own Night Parade with a Macguffin. However it resulted in himself turning into a youkai, as well. Arguably the biggest puppeteer of the series.
Fake Mitsume Yazura/Sanmoto's Brain (Sanmoto by proxy)
A youkai disquised as the Nura Clan affiliated youkai Mitsume Yazura. He is really a part of the Hundred Tales Clan.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Despite being behind the majority of events, he's not nearly as tough as the others, and then Enchou decides to kill him once he outlives his usefulness.
- Body Horror: Like all of Sanmoto's body parts turned youkai, though he takes the cake!
- Chekhov's Gunman: He's been disguised as Mitsume Yazura from the beginning of the current story.
- Dressing as the Enemy: Disguised as Mitsume Yazura in order to learn the Nura clan's secrets.
- Evil Weapon: Maou's Hammer is usually in his possession when it's not lent out to an affiliated enemy or another one of his clan.
- Full-Body Disguise: His disguise of Mitsume Yazura, enough to fool the Nura clan.
- He Was Right There All Along: The official leader of the new Hundred Tales Clan and possibly Sanmoto himself... and he was living within the Nura Clan's walls all along. That takes guts!
- The Load: He doesn't appear to have any fighting ability, just the power of sensing what the other body parts were up to. He is also the part that is the most connected to Sanmoto and is the one who cares about his revival the most. Also, since he is Sanmoto in a way, he has the loyalty of all the mindless or animalistic body parts. Unknown to him, this makes him a hindrance to all the body parts who gained sentience and will as they didn't really care for Sanmoto's revival. Thus, he was thus only useful for infiltrating the Nura Clan to keep them up to date on their activities, as well as for controlling the aforemented mindless body parts, and once that usefulness had run it's course, Enchou promptly stabbed him in the back of his head and let him die.
- The Man Behind the Man: Behind Tamazuki's rise to power as well as his weapon. Yosuzume also answers to him. Considering who he is, he may be behind most of the other arcs as well.
- Manipulative Bastard: Or rather, a Smug Snake, who is a masterful manipulator, but falls apart at the sight of a possible challenge.
- The Mole: While disguised as Mitsume Yazura.
- Oh, Crap!: When Rikuo infiltrated the base of the Hundred Tales Clan, and again when he gets stabbed by Enchou!
- One-Winged Angel: Became the Demon King Sanmoto thanks to his hate. Unfortunately for him, his hate isn't good enough.
- The Power of Hate: His hate for the Nura clan and Enchou allowed him to become the Demon King Sanmoto.
- Psychic Link: This is his power, allowing him to keep tabs on the other body parts as well as issuing orders for them to carry out. It also allows him to sense when a body part dies. Since it's Sanmoto by proxy, it's to be expected. Despite his manipulations and infiltration, he proves useless when his minions discard him and panics easily once Rikuo barrages into their base.
- Revenge: Against the Nura Clan like all members of the Hundred Tales Clan. Doubly so since he is Sanmoto's Brain, and by proxy, Sanmoto himself.
- Undying Loyalty: To Sanmoto's goals and the Hundred Tales Clan, because he is Sanmoto by proxy. This ends badly for him!
- Unwitting Pawn: To Enchou.
- Villainous Breakdown: He was certainly the one who resembled Sanmoto in personality after all, so it was to be expected.
- Walking Spoiler: By proxy of being The Mole and true Big Bad of the fourth arc.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Enchou decides to betray after seeing how useless he is.
- You Will Be Assimilated: Implied to be the intended host of a new body that his body parts are building for him since, technically, he's not just Sanmoto's Brain but also Sanmoto himself by proxy. This presumably also includes merging any still-living body parts with it once the body is ready for action. After becoming the Demon King Sanmoto the other parts start to assimilate with him against their will.
A youkai with the appearance of an old man. His most distinguishing feature is the grotesque eye on his forehead, which he uses to hypnotize enemies. He can possess other people by going into them and taking the shape of a small eyeball in the back of the possessed person's body, and has memory alteration powers. He is one of the main villains of the Kyoto Arc, being the one who masterminded the Kyoto Youkai's present plan for Nue's return. He is part of The Hundred Tales Clan and was one of the more active ones, and while he is not one of the executives, he is a formidable planner and a competent schemer.
In truth, he is the left eye of Sanmoto Gorouzaemon, born in the Edo era when Sanmoto used his last tale to emergency transform into a monster whose body melted and split into multiple youkai. Jizou was one of the special Youkai created from this transformation, possessing intelligence and cunning, speech, and his powers from the moment he was born. Sanmoto's main body's defeat by Rihan led to him and his fellow created Youkai to go into hiding.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Averted. Despite not being an excecutive, he was just as competent as one, and may have surpassed Raiden in sheer effectiveness.
- Bald of Evil
- Beard of Evil
- Body Horror: He already looks like a deformed old man, but the eye in his forehead... *shiver*
- Brainwashed: Not him, but he can do this with his powers. He used it on Hagoromo Gitsune's subordinates to erase their memories involving a former subordinate, in order to take that subordinate's place and on Yamabuki Otome to erase her memories of her former life and former husband Rihan.
- Charm Person: This is the power of the large eye on his forehead. He has used it to erase Gitsune's subordinates' memories of the Great Tengu, erase the memories of Yamabuki Otome to set her up as the killer of Rihan and the host body of Hagoromo Gitsune. He also tried to use it when he was just created no less on Kubinashi, restrained by Enchou, in order to find a weakness in the Nura Clan. Fortunately for Kubinashi, he had to abandon this when Sanmoto's main body was killed.
- Chekhov's Gunman: He can be seen in both Chapter 17 and Chapter 51, about 58 and 24 chapters before he is properly introduced.
- Demonic Possession: He did this to Akifusa. See More Than Mind Control below.
- The Dragon: He also acted like this to Enchou when they were first created.
- Dragon with an Agenda: He is definitely this, assisting the Kyoto Youkai in giving birth to the Nue because it's in Sanmoto's and The Hundred Tales Clan's best interests in doing so. Best demonstrated when Gitsune is forced out of the body of Yamabuki Otome and when he is talking to the newly born Nue. However, with the recent revelations about Sanmoto's Brain, he may not have been as loyal to the Clan as he seemed.
- Emergency Transformation: Possibly how he survived being hit by a blast of Yura's Hagun powers. This is also how he was born, thanks to Sanmoto.
- The Evil Genius: For Hagoromo Gitsune and the Kyoto Youkai. He is definitely the latter, being the mastermind of the plan to break the seals and having a good part of schemes running.
- Evil Old Folks: Has the appearance of one.
- Evil Weapon: Maou's Hammer, a katana and Sanmoto's Heart that is delivered to him by Yosuzume and temporarily wields when Nurarihyon infiltrates the base of the Kyoto Youkai. He uses it to stab Nurarihyon and absorb his Fear, thus having absorbed the Fear of all three clanheads of the Nura Clan. He later gives it to the reborn Nue as part of the deal between Nue and Sanmoto.
- Killed Off for Real: He may have suffered this fate at the end of the Kyoto Arc, being impaled on Rikuo's blade and dying shortly thereafter. Due to the nature of his creation however, it is possible that he may yet come back.
- The Man Behind the Man: Well, Behind the Woman: Though not to the extent of the Nue. May qualify as The Dog Was the Mastermind (of at least part of the Kyoto Arc) as well.
- Manipulative Bastard: He has almost single handedly brought the death of the previous Nura Clan leader, manipulated the Kyoto Youkai leader into releasing his master's partner into the living world and not to mention even briefly turning one of the omniyojis against his comrades, a great deal more effective than most of the villains ever accomplished.
- More Than Mind Control: He possessed Akifusa by exploiting his jealousy over him being passed over by the Hagun in favour of Yura.
- Obviously Evil: Just LOOK at him! You'll be hard pressed to find a person who didn't peg him off as evil right from the start! The only surprise turns out to be how utterly effective he truly was at this!
- Oh, Crap!: His reaction when Nurarihyon uses his powers to turn invisible. Also his reaction when he is killed by Rikuo.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Or just red big eye.
- The Reveal: Nue saying that he is Sanmoto Gorouzaemon, though Jizou corrects this by saying that he is merely a part of him, more specifically the left eye, qualifies as one.
- Revenge: Along with the rest of The Hundred Tales Clan, this is his primary motivation against the Nura Clan.
- Subverted in that the said clan could be less than interested in their master's wishes. Jizou seems to be the only loyal one.
- Squishy Wizard: Has an impressive set of abilities, is cunning enough to use them effectively, and boasts great intelligence, but when Rikuo actually got a shot at him, he went down fast.
- Third Eye: The large eye on his forehead, possibly because he is Sanmoto's left eye.
- Undying Loyalty: To Sanmoto's goals and the Hundred Tales Clan. Recent revelations casts doubt over this!
- You Killed My Father: Indirect example. A Brainwashed Yamabuki Otome may have done the actual deed to Rihan, Rikuo's father, but he was the one who orchestrated it through his powers.
- Art Attacker: His power, which is one of the most formidable in the series. It's likely that he has it because he is Sanmoto's hand.
- Art Initiates Life: He is the creator of the youkai from the stories that Enchou tells. He is not limited to this.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Is one of the seven excecutives of the Hundred Tales Clan and had quite formidable powers.
- Baleful Polymorph: Can turn humans into youkai by painting on them! He did this to Natsumi.
- Body Horror: Most yokai created from his powers. Also inflicted on the humans whom he turns into yokai, and on Rikuo when Kyosai Curses him.
- Curse: By making a painting of a person he can inflict this. In Rikuo's case, the curse wasted away at his body leaving him with only minutes to live. Thankfully, it was lifted when Kyosai got killed.
- Dungeon Bypass: Youkai can't enter certain buildings without being invited. Kyosai bypasses this by turning the walls, windows, and doors into youkai.
- Enemy Summoner: While he creates youkai from tales, he is also capable of creating generic Mook youkai to assist him.
- Face Death with Dignity: In stark contrast to other [[spoiler:killed members of the Hundred Tales Clan.
- The Hedonist: While he still puts the agendas of The Hundred Tales clan as the foremost priority, he still comes of as this, wanting to satisfy his desires to kill Rikuo and create what he calls a landscape of hell. However, later revelations show that he was only loyal to the Hundred Tales Clan as long as he got to do what he wanted, playing this trope straight.
- Mad Artist: Gives of this vibe.
- The Man Behind the Monsters: See Art Initiates Life, Baleful Polymorph, and Enemy Summoner above.
- Monster Misogyny: Most of the humans he transformed into youkai are women.
- Revenge: Against the Nura Clan like the rest of the Hundred Tales Clan.
- Squishy Wizard: Much like Minagoroshi Jizou, he has a formidable ability and is good at utilizing it's full potential, but if you can overcome his powers, he's not going to survive for long.
- The Stoic: Almost always has a neutral expression on his face.
- Undying Loyalty: To Sanmoto's goals and the Hundred Tales Clan. NOT!
Sanmoto Gorōzaemon's loyal aide. A demon who served him willingly and helped him in his goal to complete the Hundred Tales. After Sanmotos transformation into a demon and defeat at the hands of Rihan and Kurotabō he has become a servant of Sanmotos body parts. He collects Tales to be added to the Hundred Tales, and this is his main purpose in the present as well.
- The Dragon: Formerly to Sanmoto and now to his body parts. However, the body parts considers him one of them, which is probably why he is an excecutive.
- Green-Eyed Monster: He was always envious of Kurotabō, who was Sanmatos favorite.
- Revenge: Against the Nura Clan like all Hundred Tales Clan members, but especially against Kurotabou.
- One Of These Is Not Like The Others: The only excecutive that's not one of Sanmoto's body parts.
- Tears of Blood: After seeing Sanmotos dead demon body.
- Undying Loyalty: To Sanmoto's goals and the Hundred Tales Clan. With the recent revelations, he is the only executive loyal to him.
- You Will Be Assimilated: According to Minagoroshi Jizou, this might be his final fate when and if Sanmoto Gorouzaemon is resurrected.
- And when when Demon King Sanmoto was finally brought to life he was not assimilated. He didn't take it well.
A youkai of the Hundred Tales Clan and Sanmoto's mouth. He is supernaturally persuasive and can also bind and restrain a youkai by reciting the tale behind it. He pretty much acts as the de-facto leader of the Hundred Tales Clan, and is also one of the seven excecutives.
- Body Horror: Averted. Enchou is probably the most normal-looking one of Sanmoto's body parts.
- Kinda plays it straight, actually. Just take a look at those EYES, dear god, those eyes!
- Didn't See That Coming: He didn't expect Sanmoto's Brain to survive and become the Demon King which, resulted in half of his body being assimilated.
- The Dragon: To the fake Mitsume Yazura AKA Sanmoto's Brain.
- Dragon with an Agenda: He simply wants to tell ghost stories that will terrorize people and doesn't care about Sanmoto's goal.
- The Heavy: Sanmoto's Brain seems to let him run the Hundred Tales Clan in his absence and Enchou was the one who made the new Hundred Tales Clan go into hiding since Sanmoto's Brain was just a baby.
- Manipulative Bastard: As a result of his power, and being Sanmoto's Mouth and all.
- The Paralyzer: He can bind and restrain a youkai by reciting the tale behind it, as demonstrated when he was created on Kubinashi.
- Revenge: Against the Nura Clan. Subverted. He doesn't care about getting revenge on the Nura clan.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: When Abe No Seimei and Hagoromo-Gitsune are confronting each other, their collective fear overwhelms him to the point that he can't write the story he wanted. So he leaves to go watch the other fights.
- The Starscream: He turned on Sanmoto's Brain.
- The Storyteller: He tells the stories of the Hundred Tales Clan's newly created youkai to strengthen them. It is also his power along with being a Manipulative Bastard.
- Undying Loyalty: To Sanmoto's goals and the Hundred Tales Clan. Not!
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Does this to Sanmoto's Brain.
Another of Sanmoto's body parts, his bones this time, Raiden is quite the boisterous type, even showing off for the humans he's supposed to kill, though he killed them right after. Since he is Sanmoto's Bones, his body is as hard as diamond and it also grants him exceptional strength. He can also extend his arms to give him more reach. He is one of the seven excecutives and seeked out Rikuo immediately after the "game of tag" had begun, hoping to finish him off early.
- Blood Knight: Loves a good battle, but following the orders of the Hundred Tales Clan comes first. Or so we believe. It's likely that along with the rest of the excecutives and Minagoroshi Jizou, with the exception of Yanagida, being a Blood Knight is his real reason and motive for doing what he does.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- The Brute
- Dumb Muscle: Though more intelligent than Akuja no Nokaze and the monstrous Hundred Tales youkai.
- Faux Affably Evil: Shows off for the humans he's supposed to kill one moment. Kills them in the next.
- Mighty Glacier
- Nigh-Invulnerability: One of his powers. Notable because most Hundred Tales Clan members tend to be on the frail side. It wasn't enough to hold of Rikuo once he switched his Fear from defense to offense though.
- Oh, Crap!: Suffered one when it turned out that Rikuo had survived taking his attack head on. Got another one when he got killed.
- Super Strength: Another one of his powers.
- Undying Loyalty: To Sanmoto's goals and the Hundred Tales Clan. NOT!
Sanmoto's Facial Skin, and one of the seven excecutives in the new Hundred Tales Clan. By touching a person, Tamasaburo will be able to make a Full-Body Disguise of that person which others can wear. Ideal for espionage.
- Ambiguous Gender
- The Dark Chick
- Femme Fatale: Has shades of this, despite being very ambiguous in gender.
- Improv: How one defeats her fear.
- Master of Disguise: Tamasaburo's main power is to make Full Body Disguises that anyone can wear. This is possibly how Sanmoto's Brain managed to successfully infiltrate the Nura Clan.
- Non-Lethal K.O.: The victim of this seems to be incapacitated in some way as shown with Kejoro.
- Oh, Crap!: When Kubinashi turns the tables on her, and when she is confronted by the other Nura Clan members.
- Revenge: Against the Nura Clan.
- Sneak Attack: On Kejoro, after she attacked the fake Kubinashi.
- Undying Loyalty: To Sanmoto's goals and the Hundred Tales Clan. NOT!
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has green hair.