open/close all folders
You know I've got Moshlings on my mi-ind
Moshlings are collectable characters that run around in your home/"zoo". They are a class of Moshi Monsters, which seems to be described as just "relatively small monster", which not always makes a monster a Moshling.Buster Bumblechops "Moshlingologist" has dedicated his life to studying them in their great mysterious variety.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Most Moshling designs
- Aliens Speaking English: Zoshlings can communicate with Moshi Monsters fine.
- Amazing Technicolour Wildlife: Some of them, like Tubby Huggishis and Caped Assassins, are like regular animals but the wrong colour.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Moshlings are based on animals, food or objects. Examples are in the NickNacks, Wheelies, Worldies and Techies.
- Anthropomorphic Food: Several of them are shaped like food, for example Cutie Pie and Oddie.
- Asleep in Class: In one of the magazines, Humphrey falls asleep in class while writing on the blackboard that he must not.
- Autocannibalism: Shambles eats his own ears, but they grow back and it doesn't hurt.
- Baby Talk: Lady Goo Goo says "Coochie coo" to an Oochie Poochie.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Pretty Kitties don't wear shoes.
- Big Eater: IGGY and other Pixel-munching Snafflers.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Iggy can eat several things the same size as him in one sitting.
- Book Worm: Zigzagged with Owls of Wiseness. All of them eat books, but some of them like to read them first.
- Brainy Baby: Lady Goo Goo and Baby Rox are babies, but they can talk and have the intelligence of preschoolers.
- Butt-Monkey: Oddie, Hansel, Purdy, Tomba to name a few. Their helplessness can come with a bit of rough behaviour from others.
- Captain Colorbeard: One of them is called Long Beard.
- Cat Ninja: Caped Assassins are basically ninja cats, their inability to control their disappearing power does hinder them, though.
- Cats Are Magic: Zigzagged. Some cat species can do magic, others can't.
- Cats Are Superior: Pretty Kitties like Lady Meowford think they're always right, however, they're not completely arrogant and this trope does not apply to all cat Moshlings.
- Character Tics:
- Zack Binspin often blows the hair out of his eyes.
- Crazy Bill will sometimes sidestep a bit and his right eye will randomly change size and swivel around.
- Captain Squirk often bobs up and down and moves his arms when he moves, kind of like he's dancing.
- Scarlet O'Hairia fluffs up her fur a lot.
- Compressed Vice: Whurley is said to be afraid of heights, but he's been up high before without being scared.
- Cool Shades: Blingo, DJ Quack, Lady Goo Goo, Hissy, Swizzle Splits
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: All of them are eccentric to some extent, some more than others. There are dogs who think they're frogs, tortoises who think they're good at ninja moves but they're not and a critter who introduces himself by saying "Hi there. I love kites," to name just a few.
- Cuddle Bug: Fluffy Snugglers will cuddle anything and anyone they can.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Some of them, like the Spookies and Screamies, are a bit intimidating, but not evil.
- Deep Sleep: Elder Furi's Musky Huskies naturally sleep very deeply.
- Dem Bones: Hoolio is a singing skeleton.
- Disney Death: In the movie, Mr Snoodle falls from the blimp and is thought to be dead by the main cast. However, he survives.
- Distressed Damsel / Distressed Dude: All of them, also on Katsuma Unleashed and Moshling Rescue.
- Dog Stereotype: Fifi is a fancy poodle and so are all Oochie Pooches.
- Egg MacGuffin:
- Baby Rox's (formerly Lady Goo Goo's) egg gets stolen in "Missing Moshling Egg".
- In the movie, the Great Moshling Egg (an ancient egg) is the main focus of the plot and Dr Strangeglove wants to hatch it so he can turn the Moshling into a giant Glump. He fails and the egg hatches into Mrs Snoodle.
- Evil Laugh: Squidge, Hansel, Big Bad Bill
- Extreme Omnivore:
- Pixel-Munching Snafflers will eat anything.
- Owls of Wiseness eat books.
- Four Legs Good, Two Legs Better: Some of the catlike ones walk on two legs (like Lady Meowford), others on four (like Purdy).
- Find the Cure!: Gone-Wrong Blobs used to be professors and they're now trying to find a cure.
- First Contact: The Moshi Monsters made first contact with the Zoshlings in "Close Encounters of the Zoshi Kind".
- First-Name Basis: Dustbin Beaver generally goes by his first name.
- Flight: Several species can fly, including the Birdies, the Fiery Snapdragons and the Twirly Tiddlycopters.
- Flying Saucer: The Zoshlings have a flying saucer called the Rhapsody 2.
- Friendly Ghost: Spookies
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Several of them wear a full set of clothes, including Pretty Kitties, Caped Assassins and Creative Coyotes.
- Funny Animal: Some of them look like anthropomorphic animals.
- Gass Hole: Naughty Nutters often burp due to drinking the Bongo Colada. It's seen as a sport among them.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Gingersnap is a good guy with a scar on his face.
- Green Around the Gills: If I.G.G.Y. eats a Glump, he will turn green.
- Hair Decorations:
- Purdy wears a blue bow.
- Fifi wears a heart-shaped hair clip.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Marcel the Uppity Croc wears a dinner jacket and shirt, but no pants or shoes.
- Hand Puppet: Threadie
- Healing Factor: Baby Boomers' heads can explode but they always grow back.
- Heavy Sleeper: The only way to wake up Elder Furi's Musky Huskies when they sleep is with the dog whistle.
- Humanoid Aliens: Zigzagged for the Zoshlings: Captain Squirk is more or less humanoid, First Officer Ooze is sapient but not humanoid (he's more like a snail), Dr C Fingz is a borderline example (he has arms and legs and a head but his head and body are hard to distinguish from each other) and Splutnik is basically humanoid but with a large visible brain.
- Hyperactive Metabolism: Chicken soup, apples and sushi have been known to cure sick Moshlings.
- "I Am" Song: Lady Goo Goo's "The Moshi Dance" and Zack Binspin's "Moptop Tweenybop" are both songs that describe who the singer is.
- I'm Melting!: In one mission, Tomba the Wistful Snowtot melts after the room is heated up to free the frozen Judder. However, he can be unmelted by cooling the room down again, which grants you an E.P.I.C.S.
- In-Series Nickname: In "Diggin' Ya Lingo", a bunch of monsters call DJ Quack "Quacky".
- Interspecies Romance:
- Zack Binspin (a Moptop Tweenybop) has a crush on Missy Kix (whose species is unknown).
- In "The Unusual Suspects", Yoyo, the Creative Coyote, has a crush on a Poppet.
- Involuntary Shapeshifter:
- Randall and the rest of his species all turn into little red ridinghoods at the full moon.
- Due to their unstable magic, Wonky Wizards sometimes turn into Pixel-Munching Snafflers and back.
- Jerkass: Uppity Croc Monsieurs are said to be rude to everyone they meet.
- Jive Turkey: The Woolly Green Hoodoos and Blingo the Flashy Fox often speak in jive.
- Lazy Bum: Nobody knows if Whinger Cats are good at fixing things because they're too lazy.
- A Lizard Named "Liz": Some of their names have something to do with their species like Ecto the ghost, Fizzy the soda bottle and Purdy the cat.
- Literal-Minded: Tabby Nerdicats think that being cool means sitting in a bucket of ice.
- A Load of Bull: Lummox, Betty and Troy
- Lost Voice Plot: In "Pop Goes the Boo Boo", Baby Rox's (formerly Lady Goo Goo's) voice gets stolen by C.L.O.N.C. and its frequency gets tampered with to smash up Rox.
- Maneki Neko: Tingaling and her species are based off lucky cat statues.
- Matryoshka Object: Yana
- Meaningful Name:
- Blingo wears bling.
- Zack Binspin lives in a bin and so does Dustbin Beaver.
- Lady Goo Goo and Baby Rox are babies.
- Cherry Bomb is a hybrid of a cherry and a bomb.
- Liberty the Happy Statue resembles the Statue of Liberty.
- Rocky the Baby Blockhead is made of stone.
- Fizzy is a fizzy drink.
- Scarlet O'Haira is hairy.
- The Medic: Dr. C. Fingz is the chief medical officer of the Rhapsody 2.
- Merlin Sickness: Baby Tumteedums age in reverse over hundreds of years.
- Mister Strangenoun: Some of them have words in their names, including Baby Rox, Chop Chop, Zack Binspin, and Dustbin Beaver.
- Mr. Fixit: Whinger Cats are rumoured to be good at fixing things, but nobody knows because they are too lazy. Tabby Nerdicats, on the other hand, have proven to be good at fixing things.
- Mr. Vice Guy: Moshlings can be as awful as on the level of C.L.O.N.C. but are benevolent, as said by Buster Bumblechops.
- Hansel, clearly on the level of a Maffia leader, is also a bit of a buttmonkey to make up for it.
- Big Bad Bill is a generous helpful person who is also the Big Bad of Moshling Rescue.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much:
- Implied for Marcel, while his species is known to be very arrogant and impolite, he doesn't act arrogant or impolite.
- Also implied for the Tabby Nerdicat who attended Zack Binspin's concert. Tabby Nerdicats are said to dislike good dancers, but Zack is a very good dancer.
- Mysterious Middle Initial: We never find out what the "C" in Dr C Fingz stands for.
- No Name Given: Sometimes, groups of nameless Moshlings can be seen.
- Nature Lover: Zigzagged. Most of them are attracted to flowers, but not all. Some are also more nature-loving than others.
- Nearly Normal Animal: They act like little creatures and some of them wear clothes, but they also have the same levels of intelligence and language as monsters.
- Nerd: Tabby Nerdicats are, well, nerdy cats.
- Nerd Glasses: Tabby Nerdicats all wear glasses.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Several of them are named after celebrities, including Lady Goo Goo, Dustbin Beaver and Scarlet O'Hairia.
- Paste Eater: Owls of Wiseness eat books on the regular.
- Power Incontinence:
- Caped Assassins can't control their disappearing powers.
- Wonky Wizards can't control any of their magic.
- The Prankster: Chop Chop and other Cheeky Chimps are pranksters.
- Psychic Powers: Dr C Fingz can read minds.
- Put on a Bus: When Lady Goo Goo got written out of the game, it was explained by her going off somewhere.
- Really 700 Years Old: Baby Tumteedums age in reverse over the course of hundreds of years, making baby Baby Tumteedums hundreds of years old.
- Righteous Rabbit: The Funny Bunnies are a species of pacifistic rabbits.
- Robot: Several species of robots including Titchy Trundlebots and Twirly Tiddlycopters.
- Sapient Eat Sapient:
- When a group of Woolly Blue Hoodoos put the group of heroes into a pot of soup in the movie, Katsuma quips "They're having us for dinner".
- Oddie is always on the roll to get away from monsters who want to eat him.
- Sick Episode:
- Judder gets the flu in "Kick Some Asteroid" and is cured with chicken soup.
- Zack Binspin gets sick in part two of "Moptop Mischief" and is cured with sushi.
- Splatter gets the flu in one of the magazines.
- The Sleepless: Averted for most Moshlings and zigzagged for Warrior Wombats like General Fuzuki. Initially, they were thought not to need sleep because their eyes seemed to be always open but they were later revealed to not be their real eyes. However, this does not mean they do sleep or mean they don't sleep.
- Sleepyhead: Snoring Hickopottami and Whinger Cats spend most of their time asleep. The latter is Truth in Television—real cats sleep twelve to sixteen hours daily.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Waldo and Yolka, who are smart, both wear glasses, but there are other smart Moshlings who don't.
- Snowlems: Wistful Snowtots (Tomba's species) are all living snowmen.
- Sticky Fingers:
- Tiki has a habit of stealing objects, intending to borrow them, but forgetting or eventually not wanting to give them back.
- Sneaky Tealeafs have a habit of stealing objects, but they always bring them back.
- Psycho Gingerboys like Hansel like holding up bakeries and stealing sweets and pancakes.
- Stylistic Suck: The Creepy Crooners' music is this In-Universe. They de-tune their guitars and don't like "decent" music.
- Sucks at Dancing: Tabby Nerdicats hate dancing as they don't know how to do it.
- Super Speed: Though not as fast as Super Moshis, Wheelie Yumyums are extremely fast.
- Talking Animal: They seem to be able to communicate with Monsters fine.
- Tears of Joy: The monsters got the Blue Jeepers to cry from laughing.
- Telepathy: Dr C Fingz can read minds.
- Teleportation: In the movie, Blinki and Mr Snoodle teleport ("kerfuffle") to Mount Sillimanjaro along with Poppet and Katsuma. At the end of the movie, Bobbi Singsong kerfuffles at the grand opening.
- The Undead:
- Kissy and Ecto the ghosts.
- Hoolio the walking skeleton.
- The Un-Reveal: Bobbi Singsong intended to reveal his mantra, but forgot twice.
- Vague Age: With Baby Moshlings among Baby Species it only got more confusing.
- Verbal Tic: Judder has a habit of stuttering.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: I.G.G.Y. throws up rainbow-striped liquid at the end of "The I.G.G.Y. Chomp".
- Writing Lines: Humphrey once wrote "I must not fall asleep in class" several times on the board before falling asleep anyway.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Baby Rox has pink hair and Bobbi Singsong has blue hair, despite otherwise appearing human.
- You No Take Candle:
- In "Monster Movie Mystery", when Blinki requires charging, he says, "Need energy".
- Your Head A-Splode: Cherry Bomb's head can explode and regrow itself at will.
Big Bad Bill and Hoodoos
Big Bad Bill
Woolly Blue Hoodoos
Woolly Green Hoodoos
- Absurd Phobia: He has a fear of teaspoons.
- His fear of clowns (Moshi Magazine issue 61) is likewise considered absurd, even if he shares it with Dr. C. Fignz. The only known all-time-Clown character in the franchise is Sweet Tooth.
- An Ice Person: One of Bill's moves in Moshling Rescue! is turning gummies into ice.
- Big Bad: In Moshling Rescue! Though you could argue C.L.O.N.C.'s presence in the game is more of a Big Bad as Bill is not actually bad at all.
- Blow You Away: Bill can create a strong gust of wind by blowing. Possibly a Big Bad Wolf reference.
- Chekhov's Volcano: Mount KrakkaBlowa was introduced as active but has not and would not erupt on its own. It is sentient and simply liked to rumble to the jungle beat. It wasn't until Moshling Rescue! that Big Bad Bill performed his magic on it to have it erupt.
- Creepy Good: Big Bad Bill may be voted Spookiest Moshlings, he is also a relatively frequently appearing ally.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Big Bad Bill and the Woolly Blue Hoodoos, especially with the cannibalism threats are actually real generous people, especially Big Bad Bill, who is also a party host. He got a bit bored with being nice in Moshling Rescue! however.
- For the Evulz: Big Bad Bill has absolutely no reason (given) to blow up a volcano, where he lives directly under ,to cover a jungle, where he lives, in gummy, to let his friends and familiars get trapped in it. In Trapped in Gummy!it is simply describes as "Gotta throw a Party but I gotta do my Voodoo!"
- Evil Laugh: He got that "muhohoho~" as part of his NPC files but got the mischief twist when he became the Big Bad in Moshling Rescue!.
- Eyepatch of Power: Him and other high placed/Chief Hoodoos wear them, making it seem like a symbol of status.
- Harmless Freezing: An item in Moshi Monsters "Iced Hoodoo" shows Big Bad Bill is frozen solid in a block of ice. He has a surprised expression. He likely got himself into it accidentally.
- Language of Magic: Implied with "Gombala Gombala Walla Walla Hoohah" and whatever "Umba Thlunk" means.
- Magic Dance: Implied. Big Bad Bill does a whole rhythmic circle walk before he zaps Mt. KrakkaBlowa but is never shown to have to do it with his other magic performances.
- Necromancer: Bill has one occasion where he called upon spirits (Magazine issue 22).
- Shock and Awe: Bill's preferred means of elemental magic. It is difficult to see the difference between him zapping "general energy" or lightning, but he states getting a "Bolt from the Blue" and "Electrifying".
- Skeletons in the Coat Closet: Woolly Blue Hoodoos use Skulls for torches, general decoration and on top of they mystical staffs. They believe they bring them luck. Big Chief Bill wears a Bovinae's Boney Bonce on top of his.
- Weather Manipulation: A skill of more Moshlings but for Big Bad Bill it has that knack of the unfortunate.
- Witch Doctor: Big Bad Bill does the whole lotions potions hoohah but other Woolly Hoodoos are said to practice it as well. Specifically Crazy Bill hits more keys on being one as he lives in solitude with his pet crocodile.
Woolly Blue Hoodoos
- Black Comedy Cannibalism: "They're having us for dinner"
- Cannibal Tribe: They got the skulls, they got the huts, they got the cauldron, the entire package. Never seen them eat anyone though.
- Captured by Cannibals: Buster Bumblechops by the Woolly Blue Hoodoos as a joke, Snuffy Hookums by the Pink Hoodoos to make her their queen.
- Chased by Angry Natives: Vaguely happens in Mission Bungle in the Jungle as the natives aren't mad: they just want their Idol back and Woolly is stuck in that Idol. In Annual 2013, Snuffy Hookums fleas a tribe of Pink Hoodoos who assumed her their queen.
- Hollywood Natives: Yep
- Jungle Drums: They're there.
- Stewed Alive: Elder Furi in the magazine stories surrounding Season 2 Missions, Everyone aside Zommer in the Movie
- Tribal Carry: Implied in "Go Do The Hoodoo" while the carrying is not shown, Buster Bumblechops is bound to a pole, that they use for limbo.
Woolly Green Hoodoos
- Elective Mute: Green Hoodoo Honcho; words are not his thing, man!
- Meaningful Name: Implied. Kook - which in surfer jargon means someone who is either new to surfing, knows how to surf but causes problems for others and act better than they are - is never given the chance to live up to the name, but it is definitely telling.
- The Silent Bob: Green Hoodoo Honcho is the strong silent type and lets Kook, his right hand, do the talking.
- Surfer Dude: All Green Hoodoos
Captain Squirk is the Captain of the Rhapsody 2 and your "guide" during Season 2's Super Moshi Missions.The course of the Season is ridden in references to all sorts of Popular Culture. Masters of the Universe
- Big NO: At the beginning of Masters of the Swooniverse where Hubbs causes a premature blast-off with Super Moshi still on board.
- Humanoid Aliens: Squirk looks quite humanoid in a Swooniverse of monsters.
- Comically Missingthe Point: In Big Top Ballyhoo, Captain Squirk is more concerned with the sandwiches going missing than getting back the crew, hence when Super Moshi said Sweet Tooth is the culprit of keeping Dr. C. Fingz hostage, Squirk initially assumes Sweet Tooth to be the sandwich thief.
Dr. C. Fingz
Captain Squirk is the Captain of the Rhapsody 2 and your "guide" during Season 2's Super Moshi Missions.The course of the Season is ridden in references to all sorts of Popular Culture. Masters of the Universe
Moshi MonstersSee Moshi Monsters Species, for the different species.
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.
Buster Bumblechops is a "Moshling-ologist" who runs a sanctuary for Moshlings, lives in a mansion and likes to explore the world.
- Alliterative Name: Buster Bumblechops.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Wears a hat, shirt and pants but no shoes.
- Cartoon Creature: Resembles a white rabbit-like thing that walks upright.
- Injured Limb Episode: At the beginning of the movie, he trips and hurts his leg and it's bandaged up and he's in a wheelchair until the end, whereupon it heals.
- Interspecies Friendship: Tries to befriend the Moshlings he studies.
- Long-Lost Relative: Has a great-uncle Furbert Snufflepeeps, who is inexplicably missing.
- Ow, My Body Part!: He shouts, "Ow, my leg," when he injures his leg in the movie.
Born from a petridish, Tamara Telsa was a 2009 introduced character for the Daily Growl to provide puzzles and to think up new puzzles for the Puzzle Palace. She is a super scientist and provided her expertise where she is needed in the plot.
- Alliterative Name: Tamara Tesla.
- Cartoon Creature: Some sort of halfdressed alien reptile with electricity emitting antennas.
- Deep Sleep: Is one of the victims of the Forced Sleep in "Gust Busters". She was the hardest one to wake, due to being directly in a cloud.
- Klatchian Coffee: Has a green, glowing "extra-strength coffee". It's very powerful hence dangerous so she tells you not to touch it.
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine: Is a scientist and always wears a lab coat.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: She shares a last name with Nikola Tesla.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: An astronomer, archeologist, chemist, engineer, biologist, moshlingologist... Captain Squirk wraps it up calling her a Super Scientist.
- Science Hero: In "20,000 Leagues Under the Fur", she invents the microscopic shrinking potion and the airship to help the Super Moshis save Elder Furi.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: While fearing ghosts is a norm in their monster world, she has a stronger fear of ghosts than most.
An ant who writes the agony column of the Daily Growl.
''Don't juggle your eyes while you're thinking. It might seem like a good idea but TRUST ME, it's NOT."
The editor of the Daily Growl (Moshi world's newspaper) and a judge at the Underground Disco. Has a large head with many eyes.
- Banana Peel: Slips on a banana peel in the magazine comic where he tries to cook.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Often talks to the players in magazines and his You Tube videos.
- Cartoon Creature: Looks like a large bulbhead person with purple skin and eleven eyes.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Lists the food three times on his lists of favourite parts of movie production.
- Extra Eyes: Has eleven eyes.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Wears a shirt, pants, shoes and a bow-tie.
- Gibberish of Love: Did this upon meeting Tyra Fangs.
- Lethal Chef: As evidenced by that time he cooked for Tyra, he is not a good chef, probably because he couldn't be bothered to read the recipe.
- Limited Wardrobe: Always wears a white shirt, yellow bow-tie, blue pants and black shoes.
- Mister Strangenoun: His last name is Scrawl.
- Nice, Mean, and In-Between: Is the "in between" judge at the underground disco, while Tyra Fangs is nice and Simon Growl is mean.
- Punny Name: His last name, Scrawl, means to write messily.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He mentions that he's afraid of flying in the movie.
A reporter, and Roary Scrawl's assistant.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: When she tries to visit Zack Binspin by pretending to be his cousin, she says Zack's catchphrase "It's all goo".
- Cartoon Creature: Is a small biped with fluffy purple hair, green skin and little horns.
- Determinator: Was determined to talk to Zack Binspin in one of the comics.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: She wears a dress and shoes.
- Limited Wardrobe: Wears a yellow and orange striped dress and purple shoes, except for one time when she was pretending to be Jack Trashdash.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: When she tried to talk to Zack Binspin, she disguised herself as his cousin "Jack Trashdash".
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has lilac purple hair.
No, the Daily Growl was not named after Simon Growl, but he'll have you believe otherwise. He likes to take credit for everything.
An arrogant judge at the Underground Disco, who used to work for C.L.O.N.C., but decided it wasn't for him. Has a sentient wig that barks like a dog.
- Berserk Button: Don't insult his appearance!
- Dissonant Serenity: Acts bored while in danger in "Spooktacular Spectacular".
- Grumpy Bear: Has a very negative attitude despite being in a world of mostly optimists.
- Liar Revealed: In "Snow Way Out!" it's revealed that he lied about the super weapon being on Mt. Sillimanjaro.
- Limited Wardrobe: Always wears a black T-shirt, blue pants and black shoes. He's so famous for wearing his pants high (like to his armpits) that his business is called "High Pants Productions".
- Mister Strangenoun: His surname is Growl.
- Nice, Mean, and In-Between: Is the mean judge, while Tyra Fangs is the nice one and Roary Scrawl is the "in between" one.
- Smug Snake: Is very arrogant.
- When He Smiles: Frowns most of the time and he only smiles when giving a high score at the Underground Disco.
Bubba the Bouncer
An intimidating, tattooed bouncer to the Underground Disco who owns Fifi the Oochie Pooch.
- Cartoon Creature: His body resembles that of a muscular human (albeit with orange skin) but his face is clearly not human.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Wears a shirt, pants and shoes.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Is a bit grumpy in "Uptown Fifi".
- Limited Wardrobe: Wears a white T-shirt, black boots and navy blue pants all the time.
- Perpetual Frowner: Always seems to be frowning.
Are you related to the Gatekeeper?
A family of creatures shaped like Egyptian statues. The ones we know are Elder Furi's Gatekeeper, his friendly cousin the Datekeeper and their evil cousin the Hatekeeper who guides the fiery castle. There's also mentioned the Fatekeeper, Latekeeper and Greatkeeper.
- Cartoon Creature: Their species is unknown, however, they resemble statues.
- The Confidant: Several characters go to the Datekeeper for advice.
- Dark Is Evil: The Hatekeeper is darker than the others and evil.
- Dark Is Not Evil: The Gatekeeper, while he has a deep, intimidating voice, is not evil and is actually quite kind.
- Mister Strangenoun: All of them have the format [word]keeper.
- Spell My Name with a "The": All their names start with "The", like "The Gatekeeper" etc.
- Theme Naming: All of their names rhyme with "Gatekeeper".
Art Lee, Wavey Davey and Snooze Cruise are mushroom monsters seen in the Underground Tunnels. Art Lee is the most established one, a graffiti artist and best friend to Bubba the Bouncer. Wavey Davey and Snooze Cruise are sitting around not doing much.Art Lee
- Sleepyhead: Exaggerated. He spends 92% of his life asleep.
An elderly Furi who is the leader of the Super Moshis and sort of a guru type.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Wears a cloak but no shoes.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Talks to the readers sometimes in the magazines.
- Cool Old Guy: An elderly creature who is the leader of a team of super heroes.
- Distressed Dude: Gets endangered in "Super Weapon Showdown".
- Four-Fingered Hands: Being a Furi, he has four fingers instead of five on each hand.
- Limited Wardrobe: Always wears a grey cloak.
- A Lizard Named "Liz": Has "Furi" in his name.
- Meaningful Name: Is an elderly Furi called "Elder Furi".
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Is the Super Moshis' boss, and always ready to listen to them and give advice.
- Sick Episode: Got sick with a disease called "Glumps" in "20,000 Leagues Under the Fur".
- We Used to Be Friends: Used to be friends with Dr Strangeglove but now they're rivals.
Moe Yukky is a shopkeeper who works in Yukea. He is Dewey's best friend.
- Cartoon Creature: Has a humanoid body and a wide head with eyes on stalks. Moe Pukka from Jollywood resembles him so maybe the two Moes are part of a species.
- Catchphrase: "Whistle while you clean".
- Embarrassing Last Name: His last name is "Yukky", even though he's a neat freak.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Wears a jacket, pants and shoes.
- Neat Freak: He believes that Moshling Zoos should be cleaned every day and always tries to keep his shop clean.
- Ship Tease: In one of the magazines, it's rumoured that he and Bushy Fandango send each other love letters.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: He and Dewey often argue despite being best friends.
Tyra Fangs came all the way from Boo York to judge Moshis MonStar status in the Magazines. She is a soft-hearted judge, a fashionista, a star who is friends with stars and interacts with anyone else too. She owns a Spa on Ooh La Lane. Roary Scrawl is her boyfriend.
- Cartoon Creature: Resembles a fox with long hair.
- Damsel in Distress: For unknown reasons, Dr. Strangeglove captured her twice and hypnotised her.
- Mister Strangenoun: Her surname is Fangs.
- Nice, Mean, and In-Between: Is the nicest judge at the underground disco, while Simon Growl is mean and Roary Scrawl is in between.
- Love Interest: She and Roary Scrawl date.
The owner of the Gross-ery store.
Dewey is the owner of the D.I.Y. shop and is Moe Yukky's best friend, but more slobbish than Moe.
- Cartoon Creature: Is a two-legged, fuzzy animal of unknown species.
- A Day in the Limelight: Has been in two missions, "Gust Busters" and the Icky the Gloop Monster plot.
- Deep Sleep: Gets put under a Forced Sleep from the evil clouds in "Gust Busters" and is woken with the scented water.
- Distressed Dude: Been in danger twice. The first was when Icky the Gloop Monster attached himself to the DIY store and the second was when he was put under the evil clouds' sleeping spell in "Gust Busters".
- Interspecies Friendship: He and Moe Yukky are best friends.
- The Klutz: Is very clumsy, which sometimes causes him to inadvertently mess things up.
- Limited Wardrobe: Always wears a black-and-yellow striped T-shirt and a cap.
- The Pig-Pen: Downplayed. Definitely more slobbish than Moe, but not unsanitary.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: He and Moe are best friends but sometimes bicker.
The owner of "Paws 'n' Claws", a shop which sells pet supplies.
- Accidental Dance Craze: One time, he flapped his arms angrily, which started a craze for the "Finisher Flap".
- Cartoon Creature: Is kind of like a humanoid fish-creature.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Wears pyjamas to work.
- Friend to All Living Things: He opened his store because he's an animal lover.
- Limited Wardrobe: Wears a red robe and a fez with polka-dot pyjamas underneath.
The owner of the Bizarre Bazaar and also an adventurer.
- Bold Explorer: When she's not at work, she's often exploring and seeking adventure.
- Cartoon Creature: Is a blue-furred animal with sticky-out ears.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Likes collecting and selling strange things like wall bats and sharks in tanks.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Wears a shirt, pants, shoes and glasses.
- Limited Wardrobe: Always wears her glasses and white lab coat.
- Mister Strangenoun: Her last name is Fandango and her first name is Bushy.
- Ship Tease: In one of the magazines, it's rumoured that she and Moe Yukky send love letters to one another.
Hey, when did your get-up-and-go get up and leave? I didn't have you down as a pessimist.One of the main group in the movie. A huge animal lover, very kind and sympathetic, keeps several Moshlings and is also quite brave and daring. During the movie, she reads from a manual several times. She also owns a clothing shop called Poppet's Closet.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Wears only a bow and boots.
- Action Girl: Goes on an adventure with the others.
- Aesop Enforcer: Downplayed in the movie. While she doesn't force it, she does teach Katsuma the morals more often than the other characters.
- Blue Is Heroic: A heroine who wears a blue bow and boots.
- Damsel in Distress: Gets trapped in an ice cave with Katsuma and locked in a cage with the others in the movie.
- A Dog Named "Dog": She is a poppet named "Poppet".
- Friend to All Living Things: Is a huge Moshling lover, as her song "I Heart Moshlings" demonstrates.
- Hair Decorations: Sometimes wears a blue bow.
- The Heart: Is the most virtuous of the main group of protagonists and often reminds them (especially Katsuma) about their morality.
- Superheroes Wear Capes: Wears a red cape with the other Super Moshis in "The Night Before Twistmas".
- Teleportation: In the movie, she teleports (or "kerfuffles") to Mount Sillimanjaro with Katsuma, Blinki and Mr Snoodle.
Look, I'm not saying you're wrong. You're just not as right as I am.
The main character of the movie. Is a bit arrogant and wants to be a "gooperstar". Also likes martial arts and owns a clothing store called Katsuma Klothes.
- Distressed Dude: Gets into trouble several times in the movie, including being trapped in an ice cave and locked in a cage.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Is a katsuma named "Katsuma".
- It's All About Me: Has his self-centred moments.
- The Hero: At first, he believes he is the sole hero of the movie, but eventually realises that they're in it together.
- "Metaphor" Is My Middle Name: When he complains about not getting picked for the movie to his Songful Seahorse, he says that "Versatility" is his middle name.
- Superheroes Wear Capes: Wore a red cape in "The Night Before Twistmas" as a Super Moshi.
- Teleportation: In the movie, he teleports (or "kerfuffles") to Mount Sillimanjaro along with Poppet, Blinki and Mr Snoodle.
- Tempting Fate: When he, Poppet, Blinki and Mr Snoodle are at the top of the mountain, Poppet tells him not to shout and he replies "Why?! You think I'm gonna trigger an avalanche?!!" which triggers an actual avalanche.
- Word Schmord: When Poppet tells him not to eat the candy he finds on the ground because her journal says the area is dangerous, he replies with "Journal-schmournal, it looks pretty sweet to me!".
The owner of the store Furi Fashion and one of the characters in the movie.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Is very easily distracted, especially if food is involved.
- Big Eater: Has a big appetite.
- Distressed Dude: Is the fourth character to be locked in the cage in the movie.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Is a furi named "Furi".
- Four-Fingered Hands: Being a Furi, he only has four fingers on each hand, eight in total.
- Genius Ditz: Has his dumb moments (eating a lolly he found on the floor despite warnings that the terrain is dangerous) and his smart moments (inexplicably figuring out how to open the door to Jollywood).
- Superheroes Wear Capes: Wears a red cape as a Super Moshi in the book "The Night Before Twistmas".
- Teleportation: In the movie, Bobbi Singsong teaches him to "kerfuffle", which is a form of teleportation that involves closing your eyes and imagining the place you want to go. Either because he was distracted or because he opened his eyes, he ends up teleporting into Scare Force One instead.
So you see, darlings, when I'm good I'm really good but when I'm bad, I'm even better.
The owner of Luvli's Looks and one of the main characters of the movie.
- Action Girl: Goes on a big adventure with the others.
- Damsel in Distress: Gets locked in a cage with the others in the movie.
- Deadpan Snarker: Has her snarky moments in the film but isn't completely snarky and she doesn't usually use verbal irony.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Is a lovely named "Luvli".
- Literal-Minded: When Katsuma says "Don't sweat it", she's offended that he suggested she sweats.
- Power Incontinence: Has telekinesis which she sometimes randomly loses.
- Punny Name: Her name is pronounced "lovely".
- Red Is Heroic: Wears a red cape as a Super Moshi and is a red heroine.
- Superheroes Wear Capes: When she's being a Super Moshi in "The Night Before Twistmas", she wears a red cape.
If I've told them once, I've told them a gazillion times, I like my sausages singed, scorched and roasted...'til they're toasted...INTO OBLIVION!!
One of the characters in the movie and the owner of Diavlo's Duds. He is very irritable.
- Bizarre Taste in Food: Likes his sausages burnt.
- Burning with Anger: Lava pours from his head when he gets mad in "The Night Before Twistmas".
- Distressed Dude: Gets locked in a cage with the rest of the main cast.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Is a Diavlo named "Diavlo".
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Has a habit of getting mad.
- Playing with Fire: Has lava and fire in his head.
- Superheroes Wear Capes: In "The Night Before Twistmas", he wore a cape as a Super Moshi.
Yo, Granddad, if it's too loud, you're too old!
One of the main cast of the movie, owns a clothing store called Zommer's Drop-Dead Threads, and wrote a rock and roll song "Rock Like a Zommer".
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Has a habit of saying nonsensical sentences.
- Distressed Dude: Was the first of the movie's cast to be locked up.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Is a zommer named "Zommer".
- Eleventy Zillion: Says the word "eleventy" at one point.
- Four-Fingered Hands: Like all Zommers, both of his mismatched hands only have four fingers.
- Non Sequitur: Says things like, "It's OK as long as I don't scratch it or shower" and "Say what? Eleventy past seven?! Man I gotta tune up!".
- Superheroes Wear Capes: Wore a red cape with the other Super Moshis in "The Night Before Twistmas".
A pirate crew of ghosts called Marooned Five, who own a ship called the Gooey Galleon that has a talking figurehead named Mavis. Their names are Captain Codswallop, Jaunty Jack, Mr Mushy Peas, Handy Van Hookz and McScruff.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: They have their hats and Mr Mushy Peas has 3D glasses, but other than that they don't wear clothes.
- Alliterative Name: Jaunty Jack.
- The Captain: Their captain is a guy named Captain Codswallop.
- Dressed to Plunder: Captain Codswallop and Handy Van Hookz wear pirate hats, Handy Van Hookz and Jaunty Jack wear eyepatches and Mr Mushy Peas and McScruff wear bandanas.
- Edible Theme Naming: One of them is Mr Mushy Peas.
- Friendly Ghost: Despite being mischievous (it all comes with being pirates), they're benevolent.
- Hook Hand: Handy Van Hooks has a hook for both hands.
- Meaningful Name: Handy Van Hookz has two Hook Hand's.
- Mister Strangenoun: Words that can be found in their names include "codswallop", "mushy peas", "handy" and "hook".
- Pirate: They're all pirates.
- The Prankster: McScruff is a practical joker.
- Seadog Pegleg: Mr Mushy Peas has a pegleg.
- Silly Spook: McScruff is a practical joker.
- The Sleepless: Ghosts don't sleep.
- Talk Like a Pirate: They all speak in pirate talk.Jaunty Jack: "I be friendly."
- The Undead: Are all ghosts.
Every Moshi's talking 'bout the latest thing, but I just want to boogie, party and sing.
A singer who is also a secret agent. She wrote a song called "Missy Kix Dance" and appeared in "Head Over Heels", where Zack Binspin has a crush on her.
- Action Girl: Rides a motorcycle.
- Cartoon Creature: Resembles a skinny human with fangs and pink skin and hair.
- Cool Bike: She rides a motorcycle.
- The Fashionista: Zigzagged. She describes herself as "chic" and "pumping up the glam" and says her dance is "in" but at the same time, she doesn't really care about "the latest thing" the way other people do.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Wears a coat, shorts, gloves, shoes and tights.
- Genki Girl: Is very peppy and upbeat.
- "I Am" Song: In "The Missy Kix Dance", she describes her job and personality.
- Interspecies Romance: Is a Cartoon Creature, while Zack, who has a crush on her, is a Moptop Tweenybop.
- Love Interests: Zack has a crush on her during "Head Over Heels".
- Ship Tease: In "Head Over Heels", Zack Binspin has a crush on her and they talk a lot over the phone. It is unknown whether or not she returns his crush.
- With Catlike Tread: Sings aloud about being a secret agent.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has pink hair.
A shopkeeper who owns Horrods, a fancy store on Sludge Street.
- Cartoon Creature: Is a birdlike creature with antennae and hair.
- Deep Sleep: Was one of the victims of Stinkerton's sleeping spell.
- Hair Decorations: She has a yellow bow in her hair.
- Limited Wardrobe: Wears her yellow hair bow, yellow polka-dot dress and blue shoes all the time.
- Meaningful Name: Her last name is Snoots and she is snooty.
- Mister Descriptor: Her first name is not revealed, but her surname is Snoots, which fits her as she is snooty.
- Mister Strangenoun: Has "Snoots" as her last name.
- Neat Freak: She is probably the neatest citizen of Monstro City next to Moe Yukky.
- Smug Snake: Is a bit arrogant.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has green hair.
Captain Bucky "Buck E" Barnacle
A pirate who sails a ship called the Cloudy Cloth Clipper. He travels around the world and sometimes goes back to the Port where he sells merchandise.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Wears a pirate hat but nothing else.
- Alliterative Name: Bucky Barnacle.
- Dressed to Plunder: Wears a pirate hat.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: He gets shrunken, along with his ship, and put in a bottle in "Lost in Hong Bong".
- Made of Iron: He's seen floating in space while frozen in a block of ice, but survives.
- Mister Strangenoun: His last name is Barnacle.
- Pirate: Is a pirate.
- Talk Like a Pirate: He uses words like "Ahoy" and "ye be" and other pirate lingo, which gave himself away in "Moptop Mischief" when he was dressed as Zack's teddy bear.
Captain Buck's cousin, rather plumper than Buck, who runs a shop called Baz Barnacle's on Bleurgh Beach where he sells some of Captain Buck's left-over treasure.
- Alliterative Name: Baz Barnacle.
- Catchphrase: Often says "G'day!".
- Character Tics: Often scratches his neck and spits sand while speaking.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Is a bit dippy, which is said to come from too much sunbathing, however, he has been dippy since childhood.
- Extreme Omnivore: Eats sand and drinks seawater.
- Limited Wardrobe: Always wears a white sunhat, a yellow Hawaiian shirt and black jandals.
- Mister Strangenoun: He has the last name Barnacle.
- Mr. Vice Guy: A bit negligent, but a good sort.
- Paste Eater: Eats sand.
- Trademark Favourite Food: His favourite food is sand.
A crab-like animal who rides in a green space-pod-like machine and owns a video games store called the Games Star-cade.
The owner of a shop called Babs' Boutique at the Port.
A ghost that resides in Goosebump Manor and owns the Rare 'n' Scare store.
- Friendly Ghost: A bit rascally, but friendly.
- The Prankster: Likes to play pranks on the manor's visitors.
- Shout-Out: His name could be a shout-out to Shaggy's Catchphrase on Scooby-Doo.
- Silly Spook: Likes to play practical jokes.
- The Sleepless: Doesn't sleep because he's a ghost.
- The Undead: Is a ghost.
A chubby, nervous, peg-legged octopus that plays video games under the sea.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Wears a pirate hat.
- Big Eater: Can eat a whole barrel of barnacles.
- Dressed to Plunder: Wears a pirate hat and peg legs.
- Lovable Coward: Is friendly and at the same time quite nervous.
- Meaningful Name: A peg-legged octopus named Octopeg.
- Seadog Pegleg: Has several peglegs and lives under the sea.
- Talk Like a Pirate: Uses words like "ye" and "yer".
- Third-Person Person: Sometimes speaks in the third person.
The owner of the Ice Scream shop.
- Alliterative Name: Giuseppe Gelato.
- Cartoon Creature: Is a round creature with a moustache and green skin.
- Catchphrase: Has a habit of saying "Bella" to mean something is good.
- Edible Theme Naming: His last name is "Gelato".
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Wears a shirt, some pants, an apron and boots.
- Limited Wardrobe: Always wears that same outfit, apron included, even when not in the kitchen.
- Mister Strangenoun: His last name is Gelato.
- Meaningful Name: His last name is Gelato and he sells ice cream.
- Supreme Chef: He makes the ice cream he sells, which tastes delicious.
Ratty and Bug
A three-eyed rat creature and a bug who go on adventures together.
Roland Jones is a cat-like creature found on Sludge Street, known for drinking Wobble-Ade a lot and burping.
- Cartoon Creature: Resembles a Funny Animal cat but his actual species is unknown.
- Character Tics: Has a wobbly gait, possibly due to the wobble-ade he drinks.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Wears only pants and shoes.
- Height Angst: Drinks Wobble-ade in order to make him taller because he is the shortest out of himself and all his siblings and is jealous.
- Gass Hole: Belches a lot, possibly due to the Wobble-Ade, which is known for making you burp.
A small creature at the Underground Disco, who does tricks for a living.
- Cartoon Creature: Resembles a cartoony racoon or lemur or something.
- A Day in the Limelight: Plays a part in "Pop Goes the Boo Boo".
- Hidden Depths: Is a silly little creature that knows how to open the secret tunnel.
- Inexplicably Awesome: It's never revealed how they could open the secret tunnel.
- Meaningful Name: Their name is Bonkers
Bjorn Squish and Ken Tickles
Two monsters who work for En-Gen. Bjorn is always eating sandwiches, so Ken has to do all the drilling for him.
- Big Eater: Bjorn Squish eats sandwiches all day.
- Cartoon Creature: Bjorn has shaggy, yellow fur and a humanoid appearance and Ken has short blue fur, floppy ears and three eyes.
- Extra Eyes: Averted for Bjorn, but Ken has three.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Both wear a full set of clothes.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Ken Tickles is jealous of Bjorn Squish because the latter gets noticed more.
- Limited Wardrobe: Both wear orange hardhats. Ken wears blue overalls, while Bjorn wears a blue and white shirt and blue-green pants.
- Lazy Bum: Bjorn Squish doesn't do much of the work and mostly sits down.
- Mister Strangenoun: Their surnames (Squish and Tickles) are words.
- Those Two Guys: Always seen together.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Bjorn Squish has sandwiches and Ken Tickles has silly chili.
Monstro City's chief engineer.
- Cartoon Creature: Is a short, round creature with pinkish skin and fuschia hair.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Wears a onesie and boots.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Works with electricity all the time and is shown to be a competent worker.
- Limited Wardrobe: Wears a propeller hat and a green onesie.
- Meaningful Name: She works with nuts and bolts and her last name is Bolt.
- Mister Strangenoun: Her last name is Bolt.
- Party Animal: Hosts parties in her spare time.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has deep pink hair.
the Chick Checker
A noisy bird who moved to Gift Island to predict the weather and because he was too noisy in Monstro City.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Wears only a hat.
- Alliterative Name: Chick Checker.
- Good Parents: He seems to be a good father to the egg he checks on, which is as of yet unhatched but moves.
- Limited Wardrobe: No clothes except for a hat, which he wears all the time.
- No Indoor Voice: Moved because he was too noisy.
- Noun Verber: Chick (noun) Check(verb)er.
- Spell My Name with a "The": The Chick Checker.
Gift Island Roarkers
A group of shy workers that work on Gift Island. Their names are Casper, Bert, Elwood and Clem.
- Butt-Monkey: Bert's always hearing stories that scare him and Elwood gets hit with his shovel. Averted for Casper (who scares easily but doesn't seem to mind) and Clem (who is actually very happy most of the time).
- Cartoon Creature: Are a pink species called "jelly fuzzes".
- Counting Sheep: Averted with Casper, who is outright said not to need to count sheep to fall asleep.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: They all wear overalls and shoes.
- The Klutz: Elwood is very clumsy.
- Limited Wardrobe: They're often in uniform.
- Lovable Coward: Bert is nervy due to having heard that there's a beast on Gift Island who eats jelly fuzzes.
- Shrinking Violet: Casper startles easily if you make a loud sound while he's concentrating. Bert is also very shy in general.
Lila Tweet and Pete Slurp
Two best friends, who are seen picnicking on Main Street.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Lila is a cartoon bird and wears almost a full suit of clothes but no shoes.
- Cartoon Creature: Lila is a bird with hair on her head, and Pete is a blue, shaggy creature.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Pete wears a full set of clothes.
- Limited Wardrobe: Pete Slurp always wears a red cap, white vest, beige shorts and red shoes. Lila Tweet wears blue overalls, a pink jumper and a sunhat.
- Meaningful Name: Lila's last name is Tweet and she's a bird.
- Mister Strangenoun: Their last names (Tweet and Slurp) are words.
A relative of Moe Yukky's, who works with brotheres. He's from Jollywood.
The giant that lives atop the Great Moshi Beanstalk, eats a lot and thinks other creatures are toys. His morality is actually unknown.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Mainly. Sometimes wears canoes as shoes.
- Big Eater: Eats an awful lot, especially candy.
- Cartoon Creature: Is a large, blue-skinned creature.
- Limited Wardrobe: Always seen wearing a Katsuma Krunch T-shirt, shorts, a Viking helmet and crazy glasses.
- No Name Given: We never find out his name, he's just the Beanstalk Giant.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: Yup, he's a giant.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Eats a lot of candy whistles.
- Sweet Tooth: Really likes candy.
I can see a rainbow.
A colour-changing fish who lives at the Underground Disco's slime river.
Snozzle Wobbleson's aunt, who makes and sells snacks.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Wears a hat, glasses and a necklace.
- Cartoon Creature: Same jellyfish-like species as her nephew.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: A bit of a nag to her nephew, but not really a jerk.
- Lethal Chef: Her snacks are described as "yucky".
- Mister Strangenoun: Has "Wobble" in her surname.
A mysterious talking door in Goosebump Manor.
A sloth who features in "Monster Movie Mystery".
A distant relative of Snozzle Wobbelson, who runs a music store in Jollywood.
- Cartoon Creature: The same species as Snozzle Wobbleson, but Snozzle's species is unknown.
- Meaningful Name: His last name has "sing" in it and he sells musical instruments and musical instruments are used to write songs and people sing songs.
- Mister Strangenoun: Has "wobble" and "sing" in his surname.
A weasel-like character who lives in a tree in Wobbly Woods.
- Cartoon Creature: A bit like a weasel but his species is unknown.
- Picky Eater: Will only eat blue berries mixed with yellow ones. If you only give him one or the other, he'll be disinterested, and if you feed him anything with red berries in it, he will reject the whole thing.
- Trademark Favourite Food: One of his defining traits is his love for blue and yellow mixed berries.
A bird who lives in the Moshling Garden. She used to give out hints as to what combination of flowers attracted which Moshlings, but doesn't anymore, since a new feature got programmed in that told what the combinations were. She's still around though.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Wears only a hair tie.
- Meaningful Name: Formerly, the "Clue" part of her name was because she gave out clues, but nowadays it's not meaningful anymore.
- Mister Strangenoun: Has "Clue" in her name.
- Punny Name: Her name is a cross between "clue" and "cuckoo".
- Spell My Name with a "The": The Cluekoo.
- Talking Animal: Is a bird, who can communicate verbally with monsters.
A student at Super Moshiversity, and Penny's former owner.
- Brainwashed: Got hypnotised by C.L.O.N.C. While it's unclear why, it was probably to serve some sort of purpose.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Becomes very destructive while under the Sonic Sapphire's influence.
- Damsel in Distress: Was one of the many students put under Mass Hypnosis.
- Mister Strangenoun: Her last name is Ginger.
- Shout-Out: To Harry Potter. Her name is possibly a parody of Hermione Granger, and she says, "Welcome to Gryffinsnor house," which is almost definitely a parody of Gryffindor house.
Two "Roarkers" who mine at the Candy Cane Caves. More of them can be seen in the movie.
- Brainwashed: They got brainwashed to serve Sweet Tooth twice.
- Butt-Monkey: Seem to be frequent victims of hypnosis.
- Cartoon Creature: They're both some sort of rodent-like animal whose exact species is unknown.
- Mass Hypnosis: They got put under hypnosis twice: once in "Candy Cane Caves", once in the movie.
- No Name Given: We never get introduced.
A sleepy orange tomcat who can be found on Ooh La Lane.
- Eyes Always Shut: Due to being asleep, his eyes are closed most of the time.
- Lazy Bum: Exaggerated. He doesn't even like moving.
- A Lizard Named "Liz": Has "Purr" in his name and is a cat.
- Meaningful Name: Has "Purr" in his name and he is a cat.
- Mister Strangenoun: Has "Purr" in his name.
- Punny Name: Is a cat named Purr-Fection, a cross between "purr" and "perfection".
- Sleepyhead: Sleeps a lot and only wakes up when you click on him, but then he falls back asleep.
A wannabe-pirate seagull who lives on Port Street.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Wears an eyepatch.
- Dressed to Plunder: Wears an eyepatch, not because his left eye (that has the patch) doesn't work, but because he wants to be a pirate.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Sometimes throws spit balls or steals, but is quite a nice sort really.
- Meaningful Name: Got named after acquiring the eye patch.
- Pirate: Not really, but wants to be one and has a similar personality to a pirate.
- Sticky Fingers: Likes to steal food.
A whale who can be seen at the port. Was also the one to discover Gift Island.
A background character at the port, who can't swim but likes water anyway.
A schoolgirl who watches the passers-by at the Port.
- Butt-Monkey: Zigzagged. She does occasionally trip over or step in yucky things, but she's often quite happy.
- Cartoon Creature: Similar to a Furi with bunny ears.
- Catchphrase: "Oops!".
- Does Not Like Shoes: Doesn't generally wear shoes because she's too clumsy to tie them.
- The Klutz: Gave up wearing shoes because she was too clumsy to tie them.
- Nice Girl: Is very jolly and patient.
The best friend and first mate of Captain Buck.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Wears a polka-dot hanky on his head.
- Accidental Misnaming: He gave Buck his nickname Buck E after mishearing "Bucky".
- Cartoon Creature: A one-eyed creature with tentacles.
- Catchphrase: "Eye, eye, captain."
- The Lancer: Is a first mate to Captain Buck.
- Pirate: Is part of a pirate crew, but isn't as piratical as his shipmates.
- Pun: He jokes "Eye eye, captain" because he has only one eye.
Billy Bob Baitman
An angler on Sludge Street.
- Alliterative Name: Billy Bob Baitman.
- Butt-Monkey: Downplayed. He's unlucky with regards to fishing, but pretty fortunate otherwise.
- Cartoon Creature: Is green and vagueley humanoid.
- Determinator: Despite catching the same boot every time, he's determined to try again so he can catch either a matching boot or a fish.
- Extra Eyes: He has three eyes.
- Fishing for Sole: Always catches a boot (and it's always the same one) when he fishes.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Wears pants, shoes and a hat, but no shirt.
- Meaningful Name: His last name is "Baitman" and he's an angler.
- Mister Strangenoun: Has "Bait" and "man" in his last name.
- Cartoon Creature: A blue, monkeylike critter.
- Catchphrase: "boom"
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Dressed in pants, shoes, a hat and a shirt.
- Genki Girl: Or boy, rather. He is very active, especially when it comes to dancing.
- Mister Strangenoun: His surname is Volume.
- Punny Name: And it fits too, because his boombox is stuck on super-loud.
The dodgy dealer.
Crazy Bill's pet crocodile.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Wears a bone and a collar.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Is a reddish-orange crocodile with a blue tongue.
- Big Eater: Eating is one of his main hobbies.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Loves Oobla-doobla, especially when it's cooked.
- Unusual Pets for Unusual People: Is a crocodile, and his owner is a Cloud Cuckoolander.
Well, the sun. Kind of like our sun and kind of not at all like our sun.
A Cosmic Rox miner from another planet, who is famous on his home world.
- Aliens Speaking English: Can communicate with people not from his planet just fine.
- Alliterative Name: Wally Warpspeed.
- Asteroid Miners: One of the places he mined at was an asteroid.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Wears a set of clothes that's a bit battered but still a set of clothes.
- Humanoid Aliens: Doesn't look human at all but still has a humanoid shape.
- Mister Strangenoun: His last name has the words "warp" and "speed".
- Shout-Out: His last name, Warpspeed, is almost definitely a reference to "warp speed", the term for faster-than-light travel in Star Trek.
A species of underground creatures native to the asteroid in "Kick Some Asteroid". They're troublemakers, but not bad.
- Aliens Speaking English: Can communicate with the Moshis fine.
- Ditto Aliens: All of them are blue with pointy ears, purple eyes and roundish faces, and they even wear the same clothes as each other.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: All of them wear black shoes and pants and purple shoes with a pink triangle on them.
- No Name Given: We're never introduced to individuals.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: All of them are afraid of light.
Wally Warpspeed's pet: a cross between a robot, a car and a dog.
A spider that eats moths who helped the Super Moshis in "Spooktacular Spectacular".
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Wears just a hat.
- Does Not Like Spam: Doesn't like hot sauce or firebugs.
- Mister Strangenoun: His name, Scratch, is a word.
- Nearly Normal Animal: Can talk and wears a hat but is still pretty spider-like.
- You No Take Candle: Speaks in primitive grammar like "fire bug, I catch. Too hot!"
Roary Scrawl's nosy younger sister.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Due to being a troublemaker, Roary once called her annoying.
- Butt-Monkey: Gets cyberbullied, dropped by flying monkeys and various other mishaps.
- Determinator: Doesn't give up easily, especially when searching for information.
- The Ghost: She is never seen, only heard of.
- My Nayme Is: Not usually, but sometimes, her name is spelt "Lori".
- Sibling Rivalry: Roary usually gets along with her but does call her annoying once.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Her name is usually "Lori", but sometimes it's spelt "Loary".
A green squid who oils the machines on Gift Island.
Today Monstro City, tomorrow the world!
The main villain. An evil scientist with a missing hand that has a sentient, purple glove as a replacement. Steals Moshlings so he can turn them into Glumps and lead a Glump army to destroy Monstro City.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Self-identifies as evil in his song and in several other instinces.
- Cartoon Creature: Under his outfit, it's unknown what he looks like, let alone his species, but he seems too tall to be one of the main types of monsters (Katsumas, Luvlis etc).
- Character Tics: Has a habit of playing with his moustache.
- Cruella to Animals: Is very cruel to Moshlings.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": His real name is Lavender Troggs but never wants to be called that.
- Evil Laugh: Does many evil laughs.
- Evil Plan: Often follows along with CLONC's evil plans. Made up his own evil plans in "The Great Moshi Beanstalk" where he wanted to Glump all the Moshlings at the top of the beanstalk, and in the movie, where he plans to hatch the Great Moshling Egg and turn the Moshling into a mega-Glump that would lead the other Glumps in an army to destroy Monstro City.
- FaceHeel Turn: Turned evil when he got bitten by the Musky Husky.
- The Faceless: His eyes and moustache are seen but not the rest of his face.
- Fantastic Racism: Hates all Moshlings, sees himself as inferior to standard Monsters (Furis, Zommers etc) and is scared of Musky Huskies.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Wears a coat, shoes, pants and a hat. And, of course, his glove.
- Freudian Excuse: Zigzagged. His hand got bitten off by a Musky Husky (because the dog thought the hand was sausages) and that is said to be why he is scared of them and hates Moshlings in general. However, it is unknown what motive, if any, he has for wanting to destroy Monstro City.
- "I Am" Song: "The Doctor Will See You Now" is him describing his missions, personality and history.
- I Lied: Before kicking Mr Snoodle, he admits to having lied about being good deep down.
- Limited Wardrobe: Always wears his glove, plus stripy pants, a huge coat, a broken top hat and boots.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: More evil than morally ambiguous, and he's a doctor.
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show: Likes to turn the cute little Moshlings into Glumps.
- Villain Song: He has a villain song called "The Doctor Will See You Now".
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Is friends with Fishlips the Glump, but often calls him insults and doesn't pay him.
- We Used to Be Friends: Used to be friends with Elder Furi until he turned evil.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Ever since a Musky Husky chewed his hand off, he's been scared of them.
- Would Hit a Girl: He's evil, but not sexist, and has abused as many females as males.
Stomp to the beat, here's a sweet candy treat, there's a new kind of baddie in town. Pink, fluffy hair with a mind-blowing stare and a face like a maniac clown.
—-The Sweet Tooth Stomp
A Candy Clown who loves Candy, Glam Rock, Clown Aesthetic, enjoys life and beats you up when you bring up their gender. They have candy-themed artillery and does food poisening and hypnotism/mesmerising. They often aid Dr. Strangeglove in his schemes.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Wears only boots.
- Ambiguous Gender: The last person to ask their gender got hospitalised and is "wearing a gobstopper".
- Cartoon Creature: Is a little yellow creature with horns and fluffy hair.
- Con Man: In "Big Top Ballyhoo", Sweet Tooth was the fraudulent leader of a circus who went under the name "Candy the Clown".
- Does Not Like Spam: Dislikes salty food and sushi.
- Light Is Not Good: Looks sweet, is not.
- Mass Hypnosis: Sometimes hypnotises crowds with their lollipop, which is called a "Hypno-lolly".
- Meaningful Name: Is called Sweet Tooth and has one.
- Monster Clown: In the literal sense, they are a clown, a monster, a villain and some characters fear clowns. Sweet Tooth is intimidating beyond clownness.
- Sweet Tooth: It's in their name.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Candy. While they're often seen poisoning candy, they do like to eat it as well.
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show: Zigzagged. They're quite wacky with the candy thing, but the brainwashing and poisoning is quite eerie.
- Villain Song: Has a villain song called "Sweet Tooth".
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has pink hair.
Frau Nau Brown Kau
A large, intimidating cow that worked in the Sandy Drain Hotel.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Wears a shirt and skirt but no shoes.
- Colour Character: Has "Brown" in her name.
- Cruella to Animals: Used a Moshling as dentures and beat up another one.
- Funny Animal: Is a bipedal cow with hands instead of front hooves.
- A Lizard Named "Liz": Is a cow with "Kau" in her name.
- Punny Name: Her name comes from the phrase "How now, brown cow?".
A group of creatures turned from Moshlings to work for C.L.O.N.C. Their names are Fishlips, Bloopy, Podge, Mustachio, Rocco, Bruiser, Freakface, Fabio, Pirate Pong, Blackjack, Squiff and Ned.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: There's Pirate Pong (who wears an eyepatch) and Ned (who wears glasses).
- Alliterative Name: Pirate Pong.
- Always Chaotic Evil: Sometimes they randomly start acting good, but this usually turns them back into Moshlings. They're created to be evil and in general, they're an evil species.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Fishlips is quite easily distracted.
- Autocannibalism: Fabio once tried to eat his teeth, but they tasted bad.
- Bald of Evil: Black Jack and Bruiser are both bald and evil.
- Big Eater: Their stomachs aren't bottomless, but they do eat a lot, especially Fabio.
- Color Character: Black Jack has "Black" in his name.
- Con Man: In "Big Top Ballyhoo", several Glumps pretended to be clowns (or "Clumps").
- The Ditz: All of them are a bit dumb.
- Dressed to Plunder: Pirate Pong wears an eyepatch.
- The Eeyore: Aparently, Bloopy is always sad and Rocko is usually sad and grumpy.
- Evil Feels Good: Fishlips has stated once that he has taken pleasure from shoplifting in Ooh La Lane.
- Evil Smells Bad: They smell of rotten fish and sweat.
- Extra Eyes: Squiff has three eyes.
- Fartillery: Squiff uses his farts to distract people and occasionally propel himself.
- Gass Hole: Squiff farts a lot.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Some of them have scars.
- The Guards Must Be Crazy: Whenever they end up guarding something, they end up making a dopey mistake due to their unintelligent nature.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: In "20,000 Leagues Under the Fur", several Glumps get shrunk and put into Elder Furi's body.
- The Klutz: They're a bit clumsy.
- Made of Bologna: When Fishlips explodes in the song "The Doctor will See You Now", he just turns to pink goo.
- Made of Iron: They can survive being exploded, or at least Fishlips can.
- Meaningful Name:
- Fishlips's lips resemble those of a fish.
- Podge is just as round and podgy as the other Glumps.
- Mustachio has a mustache.
- Pirate Pong smells bad and has an eyepatch like a pirate.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: One mission had "mutant Glump sharks" in it.
- Nerd: Ned is said to be a nerd.
- Nerd Glasses: Ned, who's said to be nerdy, wears glasses.
- One-Gender Race: All of them are male.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Rocko is usually very gloomy but seems downright cheerful during the Twistmas song.
- Perpetual Frowner: They always seem to be frowning, with the exception of Podge and Fishlips.
- Servant Race: Made to serve C.L.O.N.C.
- Shapeshifting: They all used to be Moshlings but got turned into Glumps via machines or potions.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Zigzagged for Ned, who wears glasses, and is the smartest Glump. However, he is still a Glump, so he's not smart per se.
- Sweet Tooth: They all, especially Fabio, seem partial to cake.
- Threatening Shark: One mission has some "Mutant Glump Sharks".
- Weaksauce Weakness: If they eat enough of whatever food, they will get sleepy.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Some of them have hair tufts in colours like purple and green.
The person who recruited C.L.O.N.C. All that's seen of them is a rubber glove.
Big Chief Tiny Head
A mixture of anything indigenous, Tiny Head is a fraud through and through and got his head shrunk by a Woolly Blue Hoodoo, and as such resents all Hoodoos as of now, while desperately trying to find a cure.He is an alcoholic and has great knowledge of technology.
- Cartoon Creature: Is a large blue creature that walks upright.
- The Confidant: Used to give advice to Bobbi Singsong but turned out to be a fraud.
- Con Man: Pretended to be The Confidant to Bobbi Singsong.
- Hawaiian-Shirted Tourist: Played with as he wears a whole South American/Pasifika get up and a GARISH shirt that does not fit and seems to be a Con Man Signifyer.
- Meaningful Name: His name is Big Chief Tiny Head and he's large, a chief and has a tiny head.
- Mister Strangenoun: His whole name is four English words.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Calls himself a "chief" but is never seen leading anyone.
- Third-Person Person: Sometimes says "Big Chief" instead of "I".
- Tonto Talk: His entire speech and the content of his biography, even though his appearance is much Pasifikan than North American indigenous.
- Vile Villain, Saccharine Show: Locking the Super Moshi, Dr C Fingz, Splutnik and Bobbi Singsong in a room with a spiky ceiling lowering was pretty dark.
- You No Take Candle: Speaks like this when the Tonto Talk does not shine through.Big Chief Tiny Head: "Big Chief no like!"
Sprockett and Hubbs
Two ditzy, squabbling robots who are always seen together. note We're not even sure if they should be in this section, as they keep changing alliegence.
- The Ditz: Both are a bit dim-witted.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Zigzagged. They're quite good at building things, but quite often make mistakes.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: They were villains at first, then they helped you, then Sprockett builds a machine to steal Baby Rox's voice, then he helps the Zoshlings....
- Meaningful Name: Two robots named Sprockett and Hubbs.
- Mr. Fixit: Both are very good at fixing mechanical items.
- Omniglot: Exaggerated for Sprockett, who speak all the languages in the Swooniverse. Hubbs can understand quite a number of Moshi Monsters languages, but that's typical for Moshi Monsters.
- Robot: They're both robots.
- Those Two Bad Guys: When they're evil.
- Those Two Guys: Hardly ever seen separate.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Best friends, but often argue.
- Wild Card: They'll work for whoever helps them, regardless of whether that person is good or bad.
Two evil clouds whose defining characteristics were their rudeness and stinky smell. They were the main villains of "Gust Busters". One is called Stinkerton, the other is Whiffy Wobbler, and they eventually merged together to become the Mighty Gustavo.
- Alliterative Name: Whiffy Wobbler.
- Animate Inanimate Object: They're talking clouds.
- Anthropomorphic Food: Whiffy Wobbler resembles a blob of jelly.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: The two main villains of "Gust Busters".
- Extra Eyes: The Mighty Gustavo, their hybrid, has three eyes.
- Flight: Can fly, due to being clouds.
- Forced Sleep: Can make small, stinky clouds that put monsters to sleep.
- Jerkass: They're quite often moody and ill-mannered.
- Large Ham: The Mighty Gustavo is a bit dramatic.Mighty Gustavo: "Tremble before me, Super Moshi!"
- Leitmotif: Whiffy Wobbler has a theme for when he's attacking or threatening to attack.
- Made of Iron: The Jelly Cloud can survive being frozen.
- Meaningful Name: Stinkerton is stinky, and Whiffy Wobbler is both stinky and wobbly.
- Mister Strangenoun: Whiffy Wobbler's name is two words, and Stinkerton has "Stink" in his name.
- No Body Left Behind: The Mighty Gustavo evaporates.
- Perpetual Frowner: They are always seen frowning.
- Spell My Name with a "The": Their hybrid is The Mighty Gustavo.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Stinkerton is vulnerable to nice smells while Whiffy Wobbler is vulnerable to ice cream.
- Would Hit a Girl: For all their faults, sexism isn't one of them, and they knock out Mizz Snoots and Tamara as well as Dewey and Raarghly and kidnap Sprinkles.
A C.L.O.N.C. member, the military officer with a pirate-y vibe.
- Berserk Button: Can't stand bad trombonists, to the point where it's considered his "weakness".
- Cartoon Creature: Is a pink monster with a red nose.
- Four-Fingered Hands: Has only four fingers on each hand.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Wears a full suit of clothes, albeit an unusual one.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Loses his temper a lot.
- Large Ham: Acts in a theatrically dramatic way.
- Limited Wardrobe: Always wears a purple pirate's hat and coat, medals, a white shirt, black pants, a red sash and purple shoes.
- Mister Strangenoun: Sassafras is a type of plant.
- No Indoor Voice: He earned himself a nickname "Shouty Sassafras" due to himself shouting a lot.
Biggie Diddles III
A greedy chocolate maker who happens to be a crocodile.
- Delicious Distraction: Marcel distracts him by listing chocolate flavors he made up.
- Fat Bastard: Is a baddie and quite round.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Wears a hat, jacket, boots and unusual pair of pants.
- Funny Animal: Is bipedal, talking crocodile.
- Lineage Comes from the Father: His paternal grandfather is mentioned, and his father, but no other relatives.
- Mister Strangenoun: Has "big" in his first name.
- Sweet Tooth: Wants to keep all the chocolate for himself.