Justin Drew Bieber (born March 1, 1994) is a Canadian pop/R&B singing sensation.
He is so popular on Twitter, that at any given time, his name was likely to be a trending topic there, until Twitter changed "trends" to favor novelty over popularity.
- My World EP (2009)
- My Worlds (2010)
- My World 2.0 (2010)
- Under the Mistletoe (2011)
- Believe (2012)
- Purpose (2015)
- Changes (2020)
If I was your boyfriend I'd make you a list of tropes:
- Angry Dance: In the video for "Love Yourself", a couple's passive-aggressive fighting over tiny things—hogging the blanket, making the bed, one closing the refrigerator just as the other tries to look in it—is elaborately choreographed.
- Child Popstar: "Never Say Never" featured clips from videos dating back to kindergarten which showed him singing and playing different instruments. He also became famous at age 16.
- Death by Cameo: He appears at the beginning of Zoolander 2 just to be killed off.
- Even the Guys Want Him: His androgynous, Pretty Boy looks have allured some men in addition to women.
- Forced Meme: Everything about the PR campaign surrounding the single "Yummy" made it clear that Justin and his record label's marketing arm were pushing as hard as they possibly could to make the song go viral. Upon its release, Justin posted a special TikTok edition of the song and also took to social media, asking his fans to promote and mass-purchase the song to get it to the top of the charts, even giving detailed instructions on how to inflate the listening numbers on the most popular song streaming platforms. Other promotional material included the release of autographed CD variants, seven different videos for the song, and the launching of an official "Yummy" game. The success of this was decisively mixed. While the song started out in relatively strong positions on the charts internationally, it ran just shy of the #1 spot on the US Billboard Hot 100 that Justin and his label were unambiguously gunning for, and it started floundering across all charts almost immediately afterwards.
- Mad Bomber: Justin had a guest role on CSI as a serial killer and serial bomber.
- The Movie: A 3D documentary on him, Justin Bieber: Never Say Never was released in theaters in 2011.
- Mr. Fanservice: Controversially, became the most-willing Mr. Fanservice in the music industry in his second and third album eras, with many shirtless public appearances, Instagram posts and generous shots of his body and tattoos during music videos.
- New Sound Album: Purpose sheds the bubblegum pop genre he was previously known for in favor of a more mature and edgy sound.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Again, his role on CSI. It was actually quite terrifying and got him an award.
- Teen Idol: A very well-known one in Canada.
- Vocal Evolution: Sometime in late 2011, his voice started to deepen a little. By 2015, it shows.
- A Wild Rapper Appears!: Ludacris in "Baby", Big Sean in "As Long As You Love Me", Nicki Minaj in "Beauty and a Beat", and Lil Wayne in "Backpack".