Christopher Maurice Brown (born May 5, 1989) is an American singer/rapper. He exploded on the music scene when he was just 15 years old, scoring a number-one hit "Run It!" from his first self-titled album and is considered to be one of the singers to claim Michael Jackson's "King of Pop" title. His Hip-Hop-infused R&B style and dance moves made him a perfect teen heartthrob.
He scored a number-one hit on the U.S. R&B charts with Deuces in 2010 and scored a number one album called F.A.M.E. in 2011 on the Billboard 200 charts, for which he received a Grammy award win in 2012.
- Chris Brown (2005)
- Exclusive (2007)
- Graffiti (2009)
- F.A.M.E. (2011)
- Fortune (2012)
- X (2014)
- Fan of a Fan: The Album (2015, collaboration with Tyga)
- Royalty (2015)
- Heartbreak on a Full Moon (2017, double disc album)
- Indigo (2019)
- The O.C. — Will Tutt, 3 episodes (2007)
- Stomp The Yard — Duron Williams (2007)
- This Christmas — "Michael 'Baby' Whitfield" (2007)
- Takers — Jessie Attica (2010)
- Think Like a Man — Alex (2012)
- Battle of the Year — Rooster (2013)
The musician showcases examples of:
- Auto-Tune: "Nobody's Business" with Rihanna. "Yeah 3x" uses it as well.
- Boastful Rap: "Look At Me Now".
- Break-Up Song: "Say Goodbye" and "Deuces"
- Cursed With Awesome: "Lucky Me"
- Daddy's Girl: His daughter, Royalty. So much so that he named his 2015 album after her.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde:Off and on during the ''F.A.M.E.'' album.◊
- FaceHeel Turn: Musically, he has gone from good boy stuff like "With You" and "Say Goodbye" to bad boy tracks like "Deuces" and "Loyal".
- Fun with Acronyms: "F[orgiving].A[ll].M[y].E[nemies]." and "F[ans].A[re].M[y].E[verything]."
- Grammy Award: One for Best R&B Album for "F.A.M.E."
- Hotter and Sexier: His music has gotten more explicit with sex. The first track on the Royalty album (the album dedicated to his daughter) is a Intercourse with You song sampled from Marvin Gaye.
- Intercourse with You: Plenty of them, starting with "Take You Down" off Exclusive.
- Just on his F.A.M.E. album, there's "No B.S.", "Wet the Bed", and "Beg for It."
- Must Make Amends: "Crawl," for example.
- Right Through His Pants: The video for "No Bullshit."
- Refuge in Audacity: In "I'm Still":"You ni**as mad cause you fuckin with them regular hos and aint none better than my Asian.
- Piss Take Rap: Inverted. He does rap often. "Look at Me Now" is intended to be a Boastful Rap, but if you compare his verses to his guests - Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne, it comes across as such.
- Self-Titled Album: His debut.
- Surreal Music Video: "Liquor/Zero".
- Take That, Critics!: "Look At Me Now".
- Textless Album Cover: His 2017 album ''Heartbreak on a Full Moon," is confirmed to be this.
- Token Black: Amongst the cast of The O.C.. He was the only black recurring character, possibly only black character but his race never comes up In-Universe.
- Wolverine Publicity: He has done masses of features with rappers, including Busta Rhymes, Pitbull, T.I., Nas, Nicki Minaj, T-Pain, Fat Joe, Game and Big Sean. He's also featured on songs by Rihanna, David Guetta, Keri Hilson and Brandy. In 2015, he's featured on 10 singles and that doesn't include 6 singles from 2014.