Austin Richard Post (born July 4, 1995 in Syracuse, New York), better known as Post Malone, is an American rapper. Best known for being on one the most notable trap musicians, as well being a Fountain of Memes, as well for his laid back, goofy personality.
Releasing his first album Stoney in 2016. The album peaked at Number Four, and spawned the hits "White Iverson" and "Congratulations". His second album beerbongs & bentleys topped the charts in several countries and included the number 1 charting single "Psycho".
- August 26th (2016) - Mixtape
- Stoney (2016)
- beerbongs & bentleys (2018)
- Hollywood's Bleeding (2019)
Tropes associated with Post Malone:
- all lowercase letters: beerbongs & bentleys.
- Boastful Rap: In spades.
- Break-Up Song: "Better Now"
- Darker and Edgier: beerbongs & bentleys seems to go more a more moodier direction than Stoney ever was.
- Drugs Are Good: Mainly weed.
- Epic Fail: A particular incident that made Post even more big was the time he attempted to stage dive to his fans...except they failed to catch him.
- One-Word Title: "Congratulations", "Psycho", Rockstar, "Stay", "Patient", and "Sunflower".note
- Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll: The theme for "Rockstar".
- The Stoner: When your first LP is titled Stoney... well, no kidding.
- Shout-Out: The music video for "Rockstar" is a huge Kill Bill reference. The song itself pays tribute to a variety of famous rockstars, most notably Bon Scott, Jim Morrison and The Rolling Stones ("Shit was legendary, threw a TV out the window at The Montage").