Charles Otto Puth Jr. (born December 2, 1991) is an American singer, songwriter and record producer. Better known by his stage name, Charlie Puth, his debut single "See You Again" was released in 2015 peaked at number 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 for 12 weeks.
- Nine Track Mind (2016)
- Voicenotes (2018)
- See You Again with Wiz Khalifa
- How Long
- One Call Away
- Marvin Gaye ft. Meghan Trainor
- Nothing But Trouble with Lil Wayne
- We Don't Talk Anymore ft. Selena Gomez
- Attention Whore: "Attention" is about Puth calling out one of these, talking about how she doesn't care about his feelings and only wants him to pay attention to her.
- Bowdlerise: Nickelodeon's online/New York radio station "Nick Radio" edits "We Don't Talk Anymore" in an attempt to remove "I overdosed", however the editing is quite sloppy, making the line "I over (sudden cut) should've known your love was a game..."
- Celebrity Elegy: "See You Again", which featured Puth, was one to the late Paul Walker.
- Drugs Are Bad: Puth used to be an avid pot smoker, having taken up the habit after working with pot enthusiast Wiz Khalifa. He quit in early 2018 after a six-hour cannabis bender made him almost deathly ill.
- Similarly Named Works: His hit duet with Selena Gomez, "We Don't Talk Anymore," is not a cover of the 1979 hit by British pop legend Cliff Richard.
- Stringing The Hopeless Suitor Along: "Attention" is about he's trying to move on from an ex, but she follows him around just to prevent him from moving on. This song provides the trope's page quote.
- Telephone Song: In "One Call Away", he assures his lover he'll be there if she calls.
- Your Cheating Heart: In "How Long", Puth apologises to a girl for being unfaithful to her.I'll admit, I was wrong, what else can I say, girl?
Can't you blame my head and not my heart?
I was drunk, I was gone, that don't make it right, but
Promise there were no feelings involved