Paul William Walker IV (September 12, 1973 — November 30, 2013) was an American actor famous for playing Brian O'Conner in the The Fast and the Furious film series.
His career as an actor began when he was only a toddler, appearing in Pampers commercials. He had begun modeling at age 2 and by the mid-80s began doing roles in TV and film. His first film role as a lead came in 1998 with Meet the Deedles, though it was not a commercial success. He did a few more supporting roles until he was cast in what would be his breakthrough role as Brian O'Connor in The Fast and the Furious which help secure more leading roles in Hollywood films, including the sequel 2 Fast 2 Furious and Eight Below which were commercial successes as well as a supporting role in the Clint Eastwood directed Flags of Our Fathers. He would later reprise his role as Brian O'Connor in the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh entries in the Fast and Furious franchise.
On November 30, 2013, Walker was riding as a passenger in his Porsche Carrera GT driven by his good friend Roger Rodas, when Rodas suddenly lost control of the car and it collided with a concrete lamp post and two trees, killing both Walker and Rodas instantly as the car burst into flames. He was only 40 years old. At the time of his death, Walker hadn't completed filming for Furious 7, and it was delayed for rewrites. The song "See You Again", performed by Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth, was commissioned for the Furious 7 Soundtrack as a tribute to Walker.
- Highway to Heaven as Todd Bryant/Eric Travers
- Monster in the Closet as Professor Bennett
- Charles in Charge as Russell Davis
- Who's the Boss? as Michael Haynes
- The Young and the Restless as Brandon Collins
- Tammy And The Trex as Michael
- Touched by an Angel as Jonathan
- Pleasantville as Skip Martin
- Varsity Blues as Lance Harbor
- She's All That as Dean Sampson
- Brokedown Palace as Jason
- The Skulls as Caleb Mandrake
- The Fast and the Furious series as Brian O'Conner
- Joy Ride as Lewis Thomas
- Timeline as Chris Johnston
- Into the Blue as Jared Cole
- Eight Below as Jerry Shepard
- Running Scared (2006) as Joey Gazelle
- Flags of Our Fathers as Hank Hansen
- Takers as John Rahway
- Brick Mansions as Damien Collier
Tropes associated with the actor:
- Badass Family: He came from a family of boxers.
- Celebrity Elegy: "See You Again" by Charlie Puth and Wiz Khalifa was dedicated to Walker following his death and plays at the end of Furious 7 with a montage of Walker's scenes across the The Fast and the Furious movies.
- Character Outlives Actor: The crew of The Fast and the Furious series apparently couldn't bring themselves to kill Brian off, so they gave him an Earn Your Happy Ending.
- Fake Shemp: His younger brothers Cody and Caleb were used as stand-ins to complete his scenes for Furious 7.
- Hidden Depths: He majored in marine biology and helped out with tagging Great White Sharks for research. Not to mention that he was an avid environmentalist and humanitarian.
- Mr. Fanservice: While his films were mainly Rated M for Manly, they had a huge Estrogen Brigade, which is not hard to know and see why.
- So My Kids Can Watch: This was the reason he made Eight Below, as he wanted a film that his daughter, nephews, and nieces could watch at the movie premiere. It was released a week before the very, very, very dark and violent Running Scared (2006).
- True Companions: With his The Fast and the Furious series co-stars, especially with Vin Diesel.