Puddle of Mudd is a rock band from Kansas City, Missouri, who have to date sold over 7 million albums. As of 2020, the only founding band member left is lead singer Wes Scantlin.
They're named after the fact that their practice space was ruined by the Mississippi River flood of 1993 and left a muddy mess (allowing Cracked to joke that they missed a great opportunity to name themselves "Mississippi River Flood").
- Stuck (EP) (1995)
- Abrasive (1997)
- Come Clean (2001)
- Life on Display (2003)
- Famous (2007)
- Volume 4: Songs in the Key of Love & Hate (2009)
- re:(disc)overed (2011)
- Welcome to Galvania (2019)
Puddle of Mudd provides examples of:
- The Alcoholic: Wes Scantlin had a bad drinking problem for much of The New '10s. It got so bad that the rest of the band actually walked out on him mid-show after a particularly bad outburst. Eventually, he checked himself into rehab and is now making an effort to turn his life around.
- Anti-Love Song: "She Hates Me"
- Banana Peel: Which causes a lethal slip up in the video for "Psycho".
- Early Installment Weirdness: Stuck and Abrasive have a much rawer, more aggressive sound than their later works.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: "Spaceship".
- I Am the Band: Wes Scantlin is the only original band member left and the only one to appear on every album.
- Post-Grunge: One of the more popular names of the genre.
- Revolving Door Band: The band has had a high turnover rate for most of its existence, though its lineup has been relatively stable since 2014.
- Rock-Star Song: "Famous".
- Shout-Out: Psycho.