Migos is a Trap Music
trio originating from Atlanta, Georgia. The groups members are Quavo, Offset, and Takeoff. They blew up in 2013 off of the success of their hit single, Versace. They continue to release music together and separately to this day.
- Yung Rich Nation (2015)
- Culture (2017)
- Culture II (2018)
- Culture III (2021)
- Juug Season (2011)
- No Label (2012)
- YRN (2013)
- No Label 2 (2014)
- Rich Nigga Timeline (2014)
- YRN 2 (2016)
- Trap Symphony (2015)
- Three Way (2016)
Solo and Collaborative Albums:
- Streets On Lock with Rich The Kid (2013)
- Streets On Lock 2 with Rich The Kid (2013)
- The Green Album (with Gucci Mane 2014)
- Streets On Lock 3 with Rich The Kid (2014)
- Still On Lock with Rich The Kid (2015)
- Streets On Lock 4 with Rich The Kid (2015)
- Without Warning (Offset, 21 Savage and Metro Boomin, 2017)
- Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho (Quavo and Travis Scott, 2017)
- Quavo Huncho (Quavo, 2018)
- The Last Rocket (Takeoff, 2018)
- Father of 4 (Offset, 2019)
Tropes applying to the group as a whole:
- Auto-Tune: Mostly used by Quavo, sometimes used by Offset, rarely used by Takeoff.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: The members of the group are named Quavo, Offset, and Takeoff, after all...
- Badass Family: The 3 of them are all related to each other.
- Broken Record: Mostly on their older songs.
- Boastful Rap: Literally 98% of their songs. Exceptions are EXTREMELY rare.
- Drugs Are Good: Averted. Despite talking about cooking, selling and doing drugs, unlike their contemporaries, they remain neutral, not talking about negative or positive side of effects of doing these things.
- Freudian Trio:
- Gangsta Rap: Type 2.
- Without Warning leans more into type 3 territory.
- Lyrical Tic: Like most trap rappers, they utilize ad-libs frequently. Unlike other trap rappers, though, they dont usually reuse the same ad-libs, with a few exceptions.
- Power Trio
- Technician vs. Performer: Quavo is the performer, Takeoff is the technician, and Offset is both.
- Trap Music: While DEFINITELY NOT the Ur-Example, they are the Trope Codifier.
- Trope Codifier: Helped cement traps place in the mainstream.
Tropes applying to Quavo:
Tropes applying to Offset:
- Darker and Edgier: He has the darkest output of the group, most notably Without Warning, which is helped by the fact that it also features 21 Savage and dark production from Metro Boomin.
- Also, it was released on Halloween 2017.
- Father of 4 deals with more personal and serious themes than Migos usual output.
- The Lancer: The most down to earth member of the group.
Tropes applying to Takeoff:
- Absentee Actor: Infamously on their most popular song, Bad and Boujee, where hes replaced by Lil Uzi Vert.
- According to him, though, he wasnt left off of Bad and Boujee.
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Tagalong Kid: Is the youngest member of the group, as hes 3 years younger than Quavo and Offset.
- Even more so when the group started, as he was only 17.