Sean Michael Anderson (born March 25, 1988), aka. Big Sean, is an American rapper. From Detroit, Michigan; he signed with Kanye West's GOOD Music label in 2007.
He released his debut album Finally Famous in 2011, and it peaked at 3 on the Billboard Hot 100. His gang name is not ironic, despite being not incredibly tall— it's just not related to his height.
His second album, Hall of Fame, came out in August 2013.
- Finally Famous: The Mixtape (Mixtape) (2007)
- Finally Famous Vol. 2: UKNOWBIGSEAN (Mixtape) (2009)
- Finally Famous Vol. 3: Big (Mixtape) (2010)
- Finally Famous (2011)
- Detroit (Mixtape) (2012)
- Hall of Fame (2013)
- Dark Sky Paradise (2015)
- I Decided. (2017)
- Detroit 2 (2020)
Tropes applicable to his work include:
- Adult Fear: Lists several examples on "Deep":Man, I swear to God it get so deep thoughThat sometimes I just gotta wake my ass up out my sleep thoughAnd wonder what if all the shit I reaped then got repo-edAnd the girl I gave it all up for ain't love me for me though[...]Police gon' work it like Magneto if they need toIt get deep, deep, deeper than telekinesisDeeper than your sister dying and you telling your nieces
- Broken Record: The chorus of Dance (A$$) is just the word "ass" repeated 21 times.
- Cluster F-Bomb: As a rapper, almost all of his songs have "fuck" in them. Look at the titles of his two most famous songs. That will give you a hint as to just how much he loves swearing. Special mention must be given to "I Don't Fuck With You".
- Lyrical Dissonance: "Blessings" has a dark, somber sound, but the lyrics are about expressing gratitude for the opportunities he's been given.
- Motor Mouth: It's common for him to switch his flow from normal speed into very fast speed partway through a verse.
- Pocket Dial: Detailed in "Beware":Third row is when you call, I hit cancel
Really? I hit answer, fuck I hate when that happens
Phone in my pocket for the whole night
And you heard bitches screamin' til my phone dies
- Sampling: "Dance (A$$)" prominently samples MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This".Now make that motherfucker Hammer Time!
- Stuffy Old Songs About the Buttocks: "Dance (A$$)", whose entire chorus is the word "ass" repeated ad infinitum.
- From "Dance (A$$)", the line "How your waist anorexic and then your ass is colossal?"
- In "Blessings", there are lines: "the family never going anorexic / I pay mom mortgage and electric".