This list contains the members of Riot Force 6 introduced in Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS.
Beware Late Arrival Spoilers and unmarked spoilers!
Forward TeamThe Forwards are the new main characters in StrikerS and recruits of the Riot Force 6. The members are Subaru Nakajima, Teana Lanster, Erio Mondial and Caro Ru Lushe. They are exceptionally talented young mages and they become even better mages under Captain Nanoha Takamachi's training. During the middle of the Jail Scaglietti Incident, the Forwards are joined by Ginga Nakajima, an extra member. After the solved Jail Scaglietti Incident and the disbandment of Riot Force 6, they transfer in three different branches, but they still call themselves as the Forward Team. The four of them reunite in Force, and are joined by Ginga Nakajima, Thoma Avenir, Lily-Strosek and Isis Egret.
In StrikerS, Subaru and Teana are members of the Forward StarS, and Erio and Caro are members of the Forward Lightning.
- The Apprentice: To Nanoha, Vita, Fate and Signum, especially the former. They start as rookies and become professional and high-skilled officers.
- Badass Crew: They are not as strong as the Aces or the Wolkenritter, but they are an excellent team and play a major part to foil Scaglietti's plan. In StrikerS Sound Stage X, they solve the Mariage Incident without the help of their previous superiors. In ViVid, they are strong enough to be a serious match to Nanoha and Fate; Subaru, Erio and Caro have the opportunity to participate in the Inter-Middle Championship, but they choose not to enter, maybe the author feels that they are overpowered for this. And in Force, they are excellent officers and are the sempais to the Force main characters.
- Demoted to Extra: The Forwards don't have much prominence in ViVid, except in the Training Camp arc. This is justified since ViVid focuses on the younger generation and each member of the team has her/his own job to do. While Subaru, Erio and Caro are young enough to participate in the Inter-Middle Championship, the author must be aware that they are too overpowered for this.note
- The Dreaded: It is stated in The Movie 1st In-Character Commentary that the Forwards are sometimes feared because they are Nanoha's students, who has a fearsome reputation.
- Five-Man Band: Averted. Despite the four of them fitting into the classic roles, there are only four of them, not five, and the gender ratio is incorrect. Also, when the Forward Team gets Ginga as an additional member, she's never treated as a "real" member like the other four, who are considered as the "true" Forwards, even when they are eight in Force. Since Ginga is the Sixth Ranger, but does not fit in any role, the Forwards are actually a "Four-Man Band plus One".
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Genki Girl Pollyanna Subaru is sanguine, Natural leader (former) Tsundere Teana is choleric, knight-in-training Erio is melancholic, and Caro is phlegmatic. The last two's personalities actually caused a bit of family drama for their also melancholic adopted mother in the second StrikerS Sound Stage, since their combined introvertedness caused some communication problems. There is also the additional member, Ginga (leukine), who is ambiverted, calm and reliable.
- Light Is Good: The outermost layer on all of their Barrier Jackets is white.
- Magical Girl Warrior: The four are TSAB officers and fight on the frontline. While Subaru, Teana, Caro and Ginga are Magical Girls, Erio is a Magical Boy.
- Military Brat: All four of them were raised by members of the TSAB.
- Naïve Newcomer: They play this part in StrikerS. As they are not familiar with the pre-StrikerS cast and are rookies, audience members who haven't watched the previous seasons can relate via them.
- Power Limiter: In StrikerS, A four-level limiter is applied to the Forwards' own Devices so they can ease into the power they receive. One level typically gets taken off before each major battle.
- Rank Up: The Forwards start out with Subaru and Teana as Privates Second Class and Erio and Caro as Privates Third Class, but by StrikerS Sound Stage X, Erio and Caro are Privates First Class, Subaru is a Corporal, and Teana is an Enforcer with equivalent rank to a Second Lieutenant. By Force, Subaru has been promoted again to Sergeant.
- Red Baron: After the series, Subaru becomes known as the "Silver Ace," and Erio and Caro become known as "Dragon Knight/Dragon Rider" and "Dragon Summoner" respectively. Only Teana does not gain any distinguishable title other than her status as an Enforcer.
- Sempai/Kohai: They are the sempais to the Force main characters (Thoma, Lily and Isis).
- Training from Hell: Their training is very tiring, but effective. However, Nanoha knows that the "hell" part can be unhealthy and dangerous for them and keeps an eye on it to prevent any escalations.
Subaru Nakajima Silver Ace
Voiced by: Chiwa Saito
Voiced by: Kaoru Edo (Mach Caliber)
A junior mage training under Nanoha Takamachi. It's a dream come true for her, since she's a Nanoha Fangirl. She has a big sister named Ginga Nakajima. She has two Devices — an Intelligent Device which is a pair of armored roller-blades called Mach Caliber, and one gauntlet from a Armed Device pair owned by her dead mother, called Revolver Knuckle. Her fangirling gets in the way sometimes, and she often names her attacks after Nanoha's, although they look more like some attacks executed by GaoGaiGar. Later on, she is revealed to be a cyborg.
Subaru is usually partnered with the gunner Teana Lanster, who is her close friend and, again, possibly more than that.
By StrikerS Sound Stage X, she has distinguished herself as a member of the TSAB's Disaster Relief branch, having earned the nickname of "The Silver Ace". The job has had some traumatic moments, such as having a man she was trying to rescue commit suicide in front of her. In spite of this, Subaru has retained her cheerful personality. Over the course of this Story Arc, she meets a new friend in the Mysterious Waif Ixpellia.
In Force, she joins a unit being assembled in response to the Eclipse, the Special Duty Section 6. She has known Thoma for some time and sees him as like a younger brother, hoping to make him part of her family after he leaves the facility that is taking care of him and completes one last trip to put his past behind him. She's troubled by the revelation that he's the suspect the TSAB is looking for, and resolves to confirm things herself. After he's saved and joins the Special Duty Section 6, she works as his superior and senior.
- The Ace: After joining the Gulf Special Rescue Unit, she's called the "Silver Ace".
- Action Girl: Early on in the first episode, Subaru crashes through a concrete wall to get the drop on one of the testing robots. The series never looked back.
- Adaptation Personality Change: Downplayed in INNOCENTS. She acts exactly like her Genki Girl counterpart in the main series, except she's seven years old. Main series Subaru was canonically a crybaby until after Nanoha rescued her (which took place when she was eleven).
- Affectionate Nickname: Thoma calls her "Su-chan" and Mach Caliber calls her "Buddy".
- Ancestral Weapon: The right Revolver Knuckle, formerly owned by her late mother.
- Ascended Fangirl: She pursued a career in the military so she could be like her idol Nanoha someday. She ended up working with her in two major cases.
- Badass Longcoat:
- Part of her Barrier Jacket but it's closer to a midriff vest and there is a cape on her waist.
- In Force, she has a coat like Nanoha, Fate, Vita and Signum, but Subaru is never seen wearing it.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her Barrier Jacket.
- Battle Aura: Her Unstoppable Rage gave her a blue, powerful aura.
- Berserker Tears: Episode 17. See Unstoppable Rage.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's normally an incredibly friendly Genki Girl, but if you hurt someone she cares about (especially Ginga) she will break you.
- Big Damn Heroes: Pulls one of these on Force chapter 14 by breaking Thoma's Divider Blade with her Sword Breaker, effectively saving a disarmed Nanoha from a lethal attack.
- Big Eater: Belkan-style melee-oriented mages tend to use a lot of energy. It also has influenced her cooking, as she cooks lots of food in a giant pot (bigger than herself) for herself.Thoma: "Plus, there is a limit to 'making too much'."
- Blow You Away: Revolver Shoot.
- Breaking the Bonds: It's implied that she knows Unchain Knuckle like her mother.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": Note that the golden ring on her Barrier Jacket is positioned at the exact same spot as the roman numerals on the Numbers' outfits and is shaped like the number 0.
- Bound and Gagged: She was bound by Nanoha during the ''White Devil Incident".
- Boyish Short Hair: It creates a contrast with her older sister who has has much longer hair.
- Brains and Brawn: The Brawn to Teana's Brains because of her Full-Contact Magic compared to Teana's illusions.
- Code Name: StarS 3 in Riot Force 6, Swordfish 1 in the Gulf Special Rescue Unit and Special Duty Section 6.
- Convenient Color Change: Subaru borrows her sister's Revolver Knuckle and dual wields it with her own for the Final Battle. At first, it retains Ginga's signature color scheme, but when she is preparing a powerful spell, it changes colors to match Subaru's own Revolver Knuckle.
- Cool Big Sis:
- To Thoma. She nearly adopts him into her family, but everyone treats him like being a part of her family. Thoma sees everyone of the Nakajima sisters as his sisters, and he's very fond of Subaru.
- She is this also to Ixpellia, despite the fact that Ixpellia is technically much older than Subaru.
- Mach Caliber is the "older sister" of Ginga's Blitz Caliber because she was made before Blitz.
- Custom Uniform: The uniforms of the Gulf Special Rescue Unit are unique among the Rescue Corps and they strongly resemble the Aerial Tactical Instructor uniforms, except that the Gulf Special Rescue Unit uniforms are silver, not white, and they are few other differences. Subaru is the only heroine who wears this uniform.
- Cute Bruiser: She has an overall cute personality, yet she still kick asses with enormous strength.
- Cyborg: She was created in the same project as the Numbers.
- Deflector Shield: Protection, Fire Protection, and Shell Protection.
- Depending on the Artist: In the ViVid and Force manga, her hair is more purple than blue.
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength: In the beginning... with hilarious results in the first days of her initial training in the ground forces covered in the StrikerS manga.Teana: You're going to have to push hard! Put more power into it...
- Dual Wielding: Wields both Revolver Knuckles in the last episode of StrikerS, but in the fourth Sound Stage, admits that neither she nor Ginga are strong enough to do this like their mother could.
- Emotional Bruiser: Physically one of the toughest members of the team, yet probably the most emotional as well.
- Escaped from the Lab: She was rescued from a research facility by Quint when she was a child
- Eye Colour Change: Subaru's eyes are normally green, but turn gold when she enters full Combat Cyborg mode. The first time this is triggered on screen, it also coincides with Unstoppable Rage.
- Fangirl: In the StrikerS manga, it is mentioned that she keeps a magazine clipping of Nanoha on her wherever she goes.
- Fingerless Gloves: Part of her Barrier Jacket but only the left one.
- Following in Their Rescuer's Footsteps: Played With. Subaru was saved from a burning building by Nanoha as a child and resolves to join the Administration Bureau's elite search-and-rescue team, falsely assuming that only one of their ranks could have pulled off such a Heroic Fire Rescue. Even when she later learns that Nanoha is actually a magical combat instructor who volunteered for rescue duties on that fateful day, she continues to pursue a career in disaster relief operations, anyway.
- First-Name Basis: Tends to prefer going by this, and when Teana first called her Subaru, immediately responded by calling her "Tea".
- Friend to All Children: Good at giving presentations on rescue crew work to students, and enjoys spending time with Vivio. She also made friends with Ixpellia and was able to open Thoma's heart.
- Full-Contact Magic: Subaru punches things as a method of delivering large, destructive blasts of magic. She's the trope image for a reason.
- Full Potential Upgrade: Shari upgrades Subaru's Intelligent Device to be able to handle the increased speed and power after Subaru embraced her inherent cyborg fighting techniques.
- Genki Girl: She has a tremendous amount of energy which meshes well with her fighting style.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: When her Unstoppable Rage started, her eyes shine with power. Maybe it's a cyborg thing.
- Gratuitous German: Averted. Despite being a Belkan-style practitioner, her device speaks English.
- Hair Style Inertia: She's had this hairstyle since she was four years old. Justified, as she's a cyborg.
- Happily Adopted: By Genya and Quint who found her on a mission to bust illegal cyborg manufacturers. In a twist of fate, she and her sister were based on DNA stolen from their 'adoptive' mother.
- Hero-Worshipper: To Nanoha. Ever since she was saved by the Ace as a child she has admired her.
- Heroic BSoD: After her battle against Cinque who is saved by Sein, Subaru breaks down into tears, failing to save her sister Ginga.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Teana since training school (although heterosexual might not be the right word to use). Subaru is sad at the end, when she goes into the Gulf Special Rescue Unit while Teana becomes Fate's Enforcer aide, but Teana reassures her that they'll still be friends.
- Hot-Blooded: Everyone calls their attacks from time to time. She does it bigger, longer, and louder.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: As a child she was a crybaby and often needed the help of others. In the main story she wants to be as powerful as possible so she won't have to rely on others.
- Idiot Hair: One more contrast with her more put-together elder sister.
- Irony: Her status as a combat cyborg makes her the least normal of the Forwards, yet she was the only one to have an ordinary childhood.
- I Want My Mommy!: During the airport fire, she called out for her father and big sister. She would have called for her mother too, but Quint had already been dead for several years at this point.
- Kamehame Hadouken: Her Divine Buster.
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": She decided to become a mage specifically because she wanted to be like Nanoha. Being able to train under her idol is a dream come true.
- The Lad-ette: A Tomboy with Boyish Short Hair, yet with a big chest-size and some revealing outfits, especially her Barrier Jacket.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: In INNOCENTS, where she is a kid, she is often mistaken for a boy because of her short hair, her choice of clothing, her preference over blue and her personality. Hilarity Ensues when Teana believes for several chapters that Subaru is a boy who has a crush on her.
- Large Ham: Whenever she shouts "DIVINE BUSTER!!!"
- Light Is Good: As a member of the Gulf Special Rescue Unit, she wears a silver uniform and her duty is saving the lives of people in really extreme situations.
- Lightning Bruiser: Not as fast as Fate and Erio, but she's fast, strong, and really tough.
- Martial Arts Headband: One of these is part of her Barrier Jacket as part of her Full-Contact Magic.
- Meaningful Name: She's named after a car company that markets towards lesbians.
- Mercury's Wings: Mach Caliber gains wings when Subaru activates her Full Drive. However, they don't let her fly.
- Military Brat: Her father and older sister are in the Bureau, and her mother was killed in the line of duty. She encountered some suspicion that she's taking advantage of connections, but Teana realized that she wouldn't be starting off training for the Ground Forces if she were.
- A Minor Kidroduction: She is introduced as a kid and rescued by Nanoha.
- Mundane Utility: Whenever Subaru has problems with typing at office work, Mach Caliber fixes them for her.
- My Greatest Failure: She was once involved in fighting a fire at some point between StrikerS and Force, and despite her efforts, there were many deaths. She then resolved to become as strong as possible so she could save everyone she could.
- Necktie Leash: A rare female victim during her days at the academy, when Teana reminds her that its her fault they're seen as the "airheaded pair" because of a few clumsy mistakes Subaru made early on.
- Never Gets Fat: Subaru eats more than five full-grown men, but maintains an athletic figure. This is an early hint that her body consumes a lot of energy, especially during physical exercise, because she is actually a cyborg and has to power all those electronic circuits with her metabolism.
- No One Could Survive That!: Uttered by the lead Mariage in Sound Stage X after using her tank destroying Arm Cannon on Subaru. Naturally, she was wrong.
- Opt Out: Averted. Her father visits her in the hospital in StrikerS Sound Stage 3 and recommends that she do so now that Ginga has been captured, but she insists on finishing what she's started and saving Ginga. He respects her decision, seeing that her resolve is sincere.
- Not Quite Flight: Wing Road enables her to create paths in midair.
- Plucky Girl: Her determination falters a bit now and then, but she always bounces back even stronger than before.
- Power Copying: Unsurprisingly, given her high opinion of Nanoha, Subaru adds a few Nanoha-esque touches to her fighting style such as her modified version of Nanoha's Divine Buster.
- Power Fist: Revolver Knuckle.
- Power Gives You Wings: Gear Exelion, which gives her a blue version of Nanoha's Accel Fin and increases her speed and jumping ability.
- Red Baron: "Silver Ace". The uniform of the Gulf Special Rescue Unit is silver.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: An inverted example of this with Teana. Subaru has a blue color scheme, but displays most of the classic Red Oni traits; reckless, hotblooded, martial arts based fighting style etc.
- Reflective Eyes: Shortly before her Unstoppable Rage in episode 17.
- Rescue Introduction: Introduced in a flashback of the time she was saved by Nanoha.
- Robotic Reveal: During her scene of Unstoppable Rage in episode 17, a large chunk of flesh on her arm gets blown away, revealing the cybernetics underneath.
- Rollerblade Good: Mach Caliber is based of Subaru's old pair of rollerblades.
- Shorttank: She's brash and Hot-Blooded, but is not any less feminine than the other female characters.
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl: Thought of as this by other people and is timid sometimes (espeically when she was younger), but can be pushy when she wants to be.
- Signature Move: Wing Road and Divine Buster.
- Sincerest Form of Flattery: She named one of her attacks (Divine Buster) and her Device's Full Drive (Gear Exelion) after Nanoha's, although the mechanics of both are different.
- Skinship Grope: Squeezes Teana's breasts to try to wake her up in StrikerS.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Some people spell Mach Caliber as "Mach Calibre". In the first opening, her name is spelled as "Mach Cariber".
- Stripperific: In comparison to standard issue Barrier Jackets, at least she is showing a lot more skin.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Her eyes turn gold when she enters full Combat Cyborg mode.
- Super Not-Drowning Skills: She's a very capable swimmer, although much of that is evidently due to cybernetic augmentation. From StrikerS Sound Stage 4:"I can swim up to 20 kilometres continuously, and I can dive without an air tank for up to an hour easily."
- Super Prototype: Played with. Her Vibration Shatter just happens to be extra effective against cyborgs, although Quattro notes that it would be fairly damaging against ordinary humans as well.
- Super Soldier: Like all the Combat Cyborgs she has enhanced abilities.
- Sweet Tooth: Ice cream? "Suki suki daisukiiii!"
- Tears of Joy: She starts crying at the end of episode 1 when Nanoha not only recognizes her, but complements her on how much she's grown.
- Tender Tears: She cries a lot about various things.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Her and Teana; she has the boyish short hair and is the close range fighter.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: A super strong martial artist Shorttank who absolutely Squees at the prospect of getting ice cream. Subaru a lot cries a lot, while Teana rarely cries.
- Took a Level in Badass: All the Forwards do, but Subaru arguably goes the farthest, starting out as a girl whos too timid to fight and eventually becoming a highly skilled mage.
- Transparent Closet: The only reason she doesn't count as openly gay is because the franchise follows the rule of No Hugging, No Kissing. Her interactions with Teana are more teasing girlfriend than anything else. She fondled Teana's breasts while the latter was asleep in StrikerS for goodness sake! As the fandom puts it, "Rainbows are straighter than Subaru".
- Tricked-Out Gloves: In Force chapter 9, her new support AEC equipment, the Sword Breaker,◊ proves its effectiveness when Subaru manages to block Veyron of Hückebein's attack by catching the blade of his Divider with her left hand, the blade even cracks under the pressure.
- Unconscious Objector: Demonstrates the ability to fight even while knocked unconscious. However, this has less to do with her determination and more with her Intelligent Device seamlessly taking control of her body while she is out cold.
- Unstoppable Rage: Episode 17. She goes completely berserk after witnessing her sister Ginga bloodied and stuffed into a box. The result: Cinque (one of the strongest Numbers) is put out of commission for the rest of the season."Give her back. Gin-nee... GIVE HER BACK!"
- Vehicular Theme Naming: In several ways.
- Her given name is pretty obvious for those who know about cars.
- Her family name comes from the Nakajima Aircraft Company. After the war, they changed their name to Fuji Heavy Industries, which is better known as Subaru's parent company.
- And her Inherent Magicnote Wing Road is named after Nissan Wingroad.
- Vibroweapon: Her Inherent Skill Vibration Shatter works under this principle, though unlike most Vibroweapons it works on a principle of smashing instead of cutting. It's designed for destroying electronics and circutry, which gives her a major advantage when facing other combat cyborgs.
- Walking Techbane: While she isn't bad when it comes to using technology, her Vibration Shatter is specifically designed to be extra destructive on electronics and machinery. This makes her especially dangerous when facing off against other cyborgs, and is the main reason why she had to handicap herself while facing off against a brainwashed Ginga.
- Weapon Wields You: While fighting a Brainwashed and Crazy Ginga, shes knocked unconscious and Mach Caliber continues the fight until she wakes back up.Mach Caliber: Just as rehearsed.
Voiced by: Mai Nakahara
Voiced by: Jamie Schyy (Cross Mirage)
The oldest member of the Forwards, their Leader and a gunner mage. Her older brother was killed in a past mission, with his superiors mocking his failure and treating him as a disgrace, and so Teana's goal in becoming a mage was to prove that her family's strength is not to be underestimated. However, the fact that she has less innate magical ability than the other juniors causes her to push herself very hard. She attempts to put herself through Training from Hell, but she overworks herself and nearly causes a friendly-fire incident. She subsequently takes a more sensible approach to training, and becomes relatively Weak, but Skilled. Her Intelligent Device is Cross Mirage.
She is usually partnered with Subaru, and cares for her greatly, though she won't admit it.
By the time of StrikerS Sound Stage X she's already a respectable Enforcer of the TSAB and is the one in charge of the case in this arc. She finds a very competent temporary aide in Runessa, but despite her wish for the two of them to be partners, they understandably went their separate ways at the end since Runessa turned out to be the Big Bad. By the time of ViVid, she becomes the first S-ranked Ground Combat mage in the series, bolstering the exclusive ranks of the Bureau's aces. In Force, Teana is a member of the Special Duty Section 6 and investigates the Eclipse incidents with Fate and Shario, and also knows Thoma.
- The Ace: She's an Enforcer, who are the elite agents of the TSAB, counting among both its top investigators and its most powerful or skilled mages. In the Bureau-internal lingo, "ace" usually refers to a mage of an S rank or higher—and true enough, Teana successfully attains the S (Ground) mage rank by the time of ViVid (for the record, other S-ranks include Nanoha herself, Fate, Hayate, Signum, and Zest). To elaborate even further, a mage's rank is not a measure of their power, but of how well they can accomplish any task given to them; an S-rank basically means "whatever you throw at her, she'll deal with it quickly, efficiently, and with style", qualifying anyone who holds it as an example of this trope.
- The Apprentice: She's the only character with the distinction of having been directly mentored by both of the series' leads.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: She figures out a way of countering the AMF from Gadget Drones during their first training session and in the final battle of StrikerS, wins a three-on-one battle by being able to predict how her enemies would attack based solely on their formation.
- Badass Boast:
- Subverted in StrikerS. Her "Bullet of the Lansters" internal monologue seems like this at first glance, but it's merely an attempt to cover her inferiority complex (and she nearly causes a friendly fire incident almost immediately afterwards).
- She does get a proper one in StrikerS Sound Stage X when Wendi expresses amazement at her Starlight Breaker Dungeon Bypass."Oh, this is nothing. It's not perfect yet."
- Badass Normal: Downplayed. Like most of her fellow Mid-Childans, she has capacity for magic, but unlike most of her colleagues at the Riot Force 6, she has no special magical skills whatsoever. In terms of magical capacity, she essentially a regular Ground Forces grunt serving alongside with the current and future aces of the Bureau. What makes her special and able to keep up with all of their magical talents (like Subaru's Combat Cyborg frame, Erio's Super Speed, or Caro's Summon Magic) is a sharp mind, a reliable moral compass, a keen tactical sense, years of intense marksman training, and a metric crapton of determination. Essentially, she is what you'd get if Batman was a gunslinger Magical Girl.
- Beat Them at Their Own Game: Teana is likely Nanoha's best student in long-range combat, which she proves by beating her in a mock battle in ViVid with her own Starlight Breaker — a nice comeback for that one head-cooling Cross Fire Shoot. (But the brief shots of the second mock battle indicates Nanoha gets her revenge and shoots the crap out of Teana.)
- Biker Babe: Both in StrikerS and in Force, her preferred mode of transportation is her trusty sports bike.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The redhead to Fate's blonde and Shario's brunette in the StrikerS epilogue.
- Borrowed Catch Phrase: Cross Mirage borrowed Raising Heart's "Firing lock is cancelled" in Sound Stage X before charging up Starlight Breaker.
- Brains and Brawn: The Brains to Subaru's Brawn because of her illusions and strategic shots.
- The Call Put Me on Hold: Teana (mistakenly) believes that she is the only one on Riot Force 6 without special talents/powers and that she doesn't belong there. While it is true that she doesn't have special magic talents (barring her shooting and illusion spells), her exceptionally sharp mind and timing (and a Crossfire Shoot from Nanoha, and "held-back" punch from Signum, and a major Reveal from Shari... yes, Tea is stubborn like that) eventually make her a Magical Girl equivalent of Batman.
- Chameleon Camouflage: Teana's Optic Hide spell works this way to hide her and/or her teammates.
- Code Name: StarS 4 in Riot Force 6, and Swordfish 2 in Special Duty Section 6.
- Combat Pragmatist: One of her strengths. Due to her weak power, she has to rely on her illusions and she attacks from hidden places or from behind. Teana also aims for weak spots to easily knock out her enemies.
- Crosspopping Veins: When Subaru annoys her, which is often.
- Cry Cute: In episode 9, when she realizes that Nanoha does support her dream and making her stronger.
- Custom Uniform: She's the only one of the Forwards who wears the (black) Enforcer uniform. Only a few characters, like Fate and Chrono, wear this uniform.
- Defeat Means Friendship: After being shot down by Nanoha, Teana's relationship with her improved and Nanoha guided her on the right path of success.
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength: Inverted: She believes that she has the least talents among the Riot Force 6 since she is the only ordinary one, despite that she is the leader of the Forwards. Worse of all, she still believes that all other fighters are better than her, but minutes later, she is the only one who defeats three Combat Cyborgs.
- Doppelgänger Spin: One of Teana's talents, and repeatedly used to great tactical effect.
- Dual Wielding: Cross Mirage's Dagger Mode. According to the manga, she is perfectly ambidextrous which is why she prefers a weapon in each hand.
- Dungeon Bypass: Teana uses a variant of this in Sound Stage X to open an escape route for Subaru, with the help of Starlight Breaker.
- Energy Absorption: Nanoha teaches her Starlight Breaker, which works by absorbing the residual energy left by magical attacks in a battlefield and firing it in a massive beam. This makes it both deadly and cost-efficient since it doesn't completely rely on a mage's own power.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: After StrikerS, she loses her Girlish Pigtails and starts wearing her hair loose. This is indicative of her outgrowing the recklessness that she exhibited during StrikerS.
- Family Theme Naming: Vehicular Theme Naming aside, her brother is Tiida and she is Teana/Tiana.
- Fiery Redhead: Downplayed. She certainly has a temper but she's normally coolheaded. It's also mentioned by other characters that her hair is orange, not red.
- Firing One-Handed: The artwork for Sound Stage X shows her wielding Cross Mirage's Blazer Mode one-handed.
- Girlish Pigtails: Only in StrikerS for the immaturity. She drops them for later stories.
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: A secondary function of Cross Mirage. Also of her old Storage Device Anchor Gun.
- Guile Hero: Teana tricks her enemies with her illusion magics, e.g the Numbers who tried to steal the Relic (and she didn't even tell Vita and Reinforce Zwei from the plan) or Runessa who was caught by Teana when Teana pretended to drive away with her car.
- Guns Akimbo: Cross Mirage's default form is a pair of pistols. He has also a One-Hand Mode.
- The Gunslinger: She had toy gun in her childhood, which she keeps in her desk drawer along with a photo of her brother. Early in the series, her first Device was Anchor Gun, but it kept jamming during training sessions, and the Intelligent Device Cross Mirage became her regular Device.
- Hair Style Inertia: Has her Girlish Pigtails from her childhood until her Expository Hairstyle Change.
- Hand Cannon: Cross Mirage's Blazer Mode.
- Hard Work Hardly Works: She trains to the point of exhaustion yet her magical abilities are inferior compared to her partner and the other forwards which causes her to have confidence issues, leading to her attacking Nanoha for real during a mock battle. She then learns of how Nanoha became who she is and the dangers of treading the same path which is something that she doesn't want her students to do.
- Heroic Ambidexterity: Teana is ambidextrous, which doesn't escape her mentor's notice in the manga, so the new Device she organizes for Teana is a pair of handguns.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Teana has a pretty bad inferiority complex in StrikerS. Despite being The Leader of the Forwards, she views herself as an ordinary member in comparison to the powerful or talented members of Riot Force Six. She just want to be special and starts to train herself harder than she already does to become stronger and she seriously attacks Nanoha during a training match, which backfires hard. Nanoha gives her a "You Are Better Than You Think You Are" speech, but Teana starts to look down at herself again when she is facing three Numbers at once and has an injured leg, but she gets quickly over it. Since StrikerS Sound Stage X, she has embraced her own talents and strength.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Subaru's partner and closest friend (and perhaps more than "friend").
- Hoist by Her Own Petard: Nanoha used Teana's Cross Fire against her to help her calm down.
- How Do I Shot Web?: According to the third Sound Stage, Cross Mirage, after having its final limiter removed, gains a new long-range mode, but she decides it would take too long to learn how to use it before the final showdown with Scagliettis forces.
- I Can See You: She does a heroic variation in StrikerS Sound Stage X when she uses her illusion powers to make it look like she's a good distance off and leaving the scene while talking to Runessa, using the opportunity to immobilize and arrest them when they drop their guard.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: Deconstructed. She was so desperate at being a badass as quickly as possible that her reckless actions placed both her and her teammates at risk. Furthermore, she pushed herself so hard during training she almost burned out like Nanoha did between A's and StrikerS. While she did eventually Take a Level in Badass, she didn't do so until she let go of this mindset and concentrated on refining the skills and talents she had at a more sensible pace.
- I Just Want to Be Special: She's in a division with talented or powerful individuals, while she herself comes from an ordinary background. She starts to train herself excessively more than she already does to become stronger, but she doesn't realize her own talents and strengths that made her part of the division and The Leader of the Forwards. Even after the "You Are Better Than You Think You Are" speech from Nanoha, Teana falls into depression when she's fighting three Numbers at once, but she comes out of it when she is thinking about Subaru. Since StrikerS Sound Stage X, Teana has embraced her own talents that made her special.
- In-Series Nickname: Some of her friends call her "Tea".
- In the Back: To Nanoha (twice), Deed and Runessa.
- During the audio commentary of The Movie 1st, Subaru has to explain her the concept of Magical Girls, because Teana (like most people from Mid-Childa) doesn't know what a Magical Girl is, despite the fact that she is something of Magical Girl or Magical Girl Warrior herself.
- Despite the current setting being mostly on Mid-Childa, Teana is one of the only two named human mages of Special Duty Section 6 who is from that said planet. In Riot Force 6, the only human mage who is also from Mid-Childa is Vice, in Special Duty Section 6 it's Isis.
- In StrikerS, it was Teana's desire to be special that prompted Nanoha to point out that the rank-and-file employees of the Bureau are The Real Heroes, seemingly convincing Tea to accept her relative normalcy. Come ViVid, and guess who is the newest ace of the Bureau, and the first non-flying one in the series, at that?
- Kick the Dog: Her older brother Tiida died in a mission. Injuring but failing to capture the wanted mage, he was ridiculed by his superiors of being "useless and a failure" because he is "supposed to risk his life, even sacrifice it, to make the mission a success". This motivates Teana to become an enforcer like him and to be special. And Teana was only ten at that time.
- Knife Nut: Cross Mirage's Dagger Mode allows Teana to fight in close range if necessary, that covers up her weakness in close range.
- The Leader: Of the Forwards. She handles the field tactics.
- Laser Blade: Cross Mirage's Dagger Mode.
- Loved Ones Montage: She finds her thoughts drifting to Subaru during her fight against Nove, Wendi, Deed.
- Mage Marksman: Teana fights using illusion magic and a pair of Magitek guns that fire energy bullets. She has the ability to guide the trajectory of her bullets and fire several of them at the same time.
- Master-Apprentice Chain: Having been mentored by both Nanoha and Fate, she's the merger between two separate chains (Yuuno->Nanoha->Teana and Linith->Fate->Teana). She would also go on to take on Wendi as her own apprentice in Force (she was going to do the same with Runessa in StrikerS Sound Stage X, but she turned out to be The Mole).
- Master of Illusion: Uses invisibility and projected decoys to get the drop on her enemies.
- Military Maverick: Unlike most examples, the series went for a far less positive potrayal of this type of character. Teana's Maverick nature almost caused a friendly fire incident during their second mission and her adamant refusal to listen to the advice and orders of her superiors required several officers to beat the idea into her head that being reckless just for the sake of personal pride is a quick way to get you and your comrades crippled or killed. It was only when Teana toned down the Maverick nature of hers did she begin to be truly efficient in battle.
- Mini Dress Of Power: Her Barrier Jacket and her military uniforms. She's a powerful girl.
- Mundane Utility: Cross Mirage in his Standby Form can be used as a card-shaped camera. Teana also uses him to self-navigate her car.
- My God, What Have I Done?: In episode 7 of StrikerS, her recklessness almost ends up getting Subaru hit by a stray shot (fortunately, Vita was able to intercept it with Graf Eisen). The entire time that Vita's scolding her she's paralyzed with guilt, and at the end of the episode she breaks down into tears. Even worse, she ended up making the same mistake the next episode during the "White Devil Incident", causing her to have this reaction again in episode 9.
- My Greatest Failure: It is implied that she has taken Runessa turning out to be The Mole quite hard.
- My Sibling Will Live Through Me: Following her brother's death, she swore to become an enforcer just like he had dreamed of being, using the very skills he taught her.
- Parental Abandonment: Her parents died in an accident, and she was raised by her older brother until he died, too. Her family is alive in INNOCENTS, but absent; only her older sister Linith is at home... sort of.
- Rage Against the Mentor: The infamous "White Devil Incident". She lashed out at Nanoha for not understanding her position and critizing her drive to be the best and her willingness to push herself as hard as necessary to accomplish that goal. They reconciled after Nanoha's friends told her about Nanoha's burn out and she realized Nanoha didn't want that to happen to her.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair reaches her hips but this a inversion of the trope's meaning. She is a soldier, not some noble woman.
- Red Baron: Averted. Teana is the only Forward to lack a title.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: An inverted example of this with Subaru. Teana has a red color scheme, but displays most of the classic Blue Oni traits such as strategy and level-headed thinking and this especially the case once once she mellows out.
- Reliably Unreliable Guns: A jamming aversion in an early episode, where after Teana's old magic-firing Anchor Gun jams at a critical moment during training, she just fixes the problem in a few seconds and goes back to shooting.
- Secret Keeper: She already knew that Subaru was a cyborg before the events of StrikerS.
- She Is the King: Cross Mirage calls her "Sir" at first, but later calls her "Ma'am". Then in ViVid, he calls her "Master".
- Shooting Lessons From Your Parents: Her older brother taught her how to shoot from a young age (up until he died). It plays a large role in her character arc in StrikerS.
- Signature Move: Cross Fire Shoot and Fake Silhouette.
- The Smart Girl: She serves as the tactician of the Forwards, and she wins against three Numbers just by analyzing their strategy.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Tiana or Teana? Lanstar or Lanster? Teana is the actual car name, abbreviated into Tia. Her name is spelled as "Tiana Lanceter" in the first opening. In the Force manga volumes, her name is spelled as "Teana Lanster".
- Star Power: She knows Starlight Breaker. When Teana charges it, the mana she gathers take a form resembling starlights. Ixpellia finds them pretty.
- Strong Family Resemblance: During The Movie 1st DVD Commentary, Teana tells that she was told by her parents' friends that she resembles her mother, as they share the same colors for their hair, eyes and even magic.
- Super Cop: Once she becomes an Enforcer post-StrikerS
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: From the StrikerS manga, after she opened the drawer and cleaned Subaru's Revolver Knuckle in the middle of the night."I don't know anything about your Knuckle..."
- Sword and Gun: Dagger and Gun; Teana can switch one of her guns into the Dagger Mode if she wants.
- The Team Normal: Downplayed, since Everyone is a Super. Teana has, at best, slightly above average magical potential and is on a team consisting of people with unique abilities and some of the most powerful mages in the multiverse. This does not help her already fragile self confidence.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The Girly Girl to Subaru's Tomboy because of the pigtails and long range fighting but this is a minor case. She's emotionally tougher than Subaru and she has no girlish interests. This is even played up in INNOCENTS, where she is afraid of being not girlish enough, and she is interested in arms, vehicles and video games.
- Took a Level in Badass:
- Nanoha's training proved how much stronger she became during StrikerS. But after StrikerS, she needs only two words: Starlight Breaker.
- During StrikerS she was B-Rank. By the time ViVid starts she's S-Rank.
- Training from Hell: She put herself through this and so Nanoha has to smack it out of her. Then she realizes that the best way to get stronger is not by overworking herself, but by using what she has most effectively.
- Tsundere: Mainly towards Subaru, who often gets on her nerves but whom she holds in high regard. She notes that she has thanked Erio and Caro for becoming friends with her, but if she did so with Subaru, she would wonder if something is wrong and see it as uncharacteristic of her.
- Tsurime Eyes: For her strong will and occasional temper.
- Unfamiliar Ceiling: In episode 9, Teana wakes up in the infirmary after being shot down by Nanoha, and is shocked to find that it's already 9 at night. According to Shamal, her taking this long to wake up was a result of not getting enough sleep.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: After Nissan Teana. Her brother is also named after a Nissan car.
- The Watson: In the DVD Commentary of The Movie 1st, Teana has the least knowledge of culture from Earth. Subaru has to explain her the concept of Magical Girls and henshin and why it's shocking to meet a Talking Animal; and Erio and Caro have to explain her why Nanoha was shocked to see Lindy adding sugar in her green tea. Nanoha has also to explain her and Subaru why the Blu-ray is called Blu-ray.note
- Wave-Motion Gun: Her version of the Starlight Breaker, which she uses in Sound Stage X. She also uses it in ViVid against Nanoha's Starlight Breaker. During a training fight.
- Weak, but Skilled: Her inherent magical abilities are mundane compared to the other three Forwards, but by normal standards she is still a powerful mage. Her true strength lies with her quick thinking and analysis, making her the sole member of Riot Force 6 to defeat the most number of the Numbers. She is also one of the few characters to reach the illustrious S Rank, something which is normally reserved for characters who are both Strong and Skilled.
- You Called Me "X"; It Must Be Serious: Calls Subaru by her first name for the first time when they start becoming friends, but denies that is why she did so.
- You Were Trying Too Hard: Teana's mentality at the beginning of the series is that she thinks the only way to get stronger is through a self-imposed Training from Hell. It was not until she learns of Nanoha's Near-Death Experience as well as Nanoha's admission that she was gradually easing her students into more intense training to prevent a similar incident from happening to them, as well as ensuring that the forwards would be able to fully utilize the skills they are most proficient at that Teana comes to realize that what she was doing was wrong all along. Pretty soon, she accepts the fact that while she may not be as strong as the others in terms of raw power, she can be an elite mage through other means. By ViVid, she not only becomes a full fledged Enforcer, but also becomes an S-ranked mage.
- Young Gun: She is rather reckless when she is first introduced. Thanks to Nanoha's training, she grows out of it.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Thigh length, pigtails, Tsundere attitude... So Grade S!
Erio Mondial Dragon Knight
Voiced by: Marina Inoue
Voiced by: Tetsuya Kakihara (Strada)
The only boy to be active in season 3. Erio is revealed to be a product of "Project F", like Fate. For that reason, Fate adopts him so that he won't suffer the way she did as a child. He is a close range combatant and uses the lance-like Armed Device Strada.
He is close with his partner, Caro Ru Lushe, and seems to have a crush on her. After Riot Force 6 was disbanded, he joined Caro to her old workplace, the Wildlife Preservation Corps, stationated in the TSAB-administrated world No. 61, Supools. In Force, he's a member of Special Duty Section 6 and one of the frontline fighters.
- Accidental Pervert:
- Erio & Caro's first meeting involved Thanks for the Mammary.
- He unintentionally strips Fate in ViVid, thanks to the prevalent Clothing Damage in that series. It's referenced in The Movie 1st commentary, where he says he feels uncomfortable watching 9-year-old Fate's Transformation Sequence, only for Caro to ask if he'd rather see it frame-by-frame.
- Adorably Precocious Child: In StrikerS, where he acts older than he is.
- Artificial Human: He's a product of Project F, like Fate.
- Badass Adorable: When he was 10, he manages to hit Nanoha during training, and he defeated Garyu later. When he was 14, Erio almost defeated Fate in her Shin Sonic Form because he was able to keep up with her speed before both of them were shot down by two STARLIGHT BREAKERS cast by Nanoha and Teana.
- Badass Biker: In Force, but he had a motorbike and a license two or three years before, as revealed in Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha GOD Sound Stage A
- Badass Longcoat: Part of his Barrier Jacket as a Dragon Knight includes a longcoat.
- Battle Couple: With Caro in a Guys Smash, Girls Shoot manner. While they are not officially a couple in StrikerS, many in Riot Force 6 ship them, and they sort of went on a date. He handles the close range fighting.
- Big Brother Mentor: Erio becomes more or less one to Thoma, due to him being older and taller than the latter, and because of Thoma's tendency to see almost every older girl as his big sister figure.
- Big Eater: His large appetite is implied to be the reason he grows so tall so quickly.
- Bishōnen: In ViVid and it's even more pronounced in Force. This kid grew up well.
- Big Little Brother: While his is biologically and legally several months older than her, he is chronologically three years Caro's junior due to his status as a clone, and he towers over her in all post-StrikerS entries in the franchise.
- Blade on a Stick: Strada is a spear.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Since Caro acts as the boke, he plays the tsukkomi part to keep their conversations going on.
- BrotherSister Team: He fights with Caro, his adopted sister.
- Child Prodigy:
- Not as much as Nanoha and Fate back then, but he became a soldier when he was 10 while Subaru and Teana graduated when they were 14 and 15 respectively, and he became a B-Rank mage before them; the Teana admitted that he's much more talented than her. This is justified as he's a Artificial Mage.
- Thanks to Nanoha's training, he's became a AA-Rank mage when he's still 10.
- Cloning Blues: He's the clone of the original Erio Mondial and this originally caused him much angst. Thanks to Fate's motherly love he's grown out of this by StrikerS.
- Code Name: Lightning 3 in Riot Force 6, and Riot 3 in Special Duty Section 6.
- Defusing The Tykebomb: The manga shows how they found him in the lab as a very young child. He was driven mad at being "nothing" and attacking everyone. Fate was able to calm him down.
- Dragon Rider: Later in the series, he rides on Fried's back and by the end, he can ride Fried himself. He's even referred to as "Dragon Knight" unlike Caro, who is refered to as "Dragon Summoner".
- Elemental Punch: Shiden Issen (Purple Lightning Flash). Unlike Signum's, his version is a lightning-elemental punch, and not a fire-elemental sword slash.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: In ViVid, he has a short rattail. In Force, he has cut his rattail.
- Fast as Lightning: Erio is an incredibly fast lightning mage. He's the only character in the entire franchise who has been fast enough to land a direct hit on Fate.
- Friend to All Living Things: He becomes a member of the Wildlife Preservation Corps, protecting animals and the environment of Supools. He made friends with Friedrich and possibly Garyu and he fights the Jiraiou not to hurt them, but to stop them.
- Generation Xerox: An adopted variant with Fate. Both are clones of children, who were created to fulfill the role as Replacement Goldfishes for parents who couldn't accept the deaths of their children. Both were abandoned by their families (though, in Erio's case, his parents were forced to abandon him), both were adopted by the Harlaown family, both have an adoptive sibling, and both have lightning affinity and yellow/gold magic color. Erio inherits most of Fate's fighting style and some of her magic, as both are Fragile Speedster who are excellent in close range combat, and both have a Blade on a Stick as their Weapon of Choice.
- Gratuitous German: His Armed Device Strada has German as his main language, but can also speak English ("Sonic Move.").[to Caro]: "Dankeschön, mein Fräulein."
- Happily Adopted: By Fate. At this time, Lindy was his legal guardian because Fate wasn't old enough. He talks about how she always made time to do things with him such as go to an amusement park.
- I Got Bigger: After every Time Skip, he is seen to have grown up very quickly. Now in Force, he's one of the tallest characters and is still in puberty.
- Informed Ability: He's the first to reach B-Rank, being there at the start of the series (unlike Caro, who starts at C+, and Subaru and Teana, who reach it some time between Episode 2 and 3), and is described as a natural talent, but has fewer impressive moments than his fellow Forwards.
- Magic Knight: He is later referred as a knight but unlike other knights, Erio wears a Barrier Jacket instead of a Knight Armor or Knight Clothing. He also uses a classical knight-like weapon, a spear, with his magic.
- Mundane Utility: Strada's Standby Form is a multifunctional watch.
- Not Quite Flight: He can propel himself through the air with Strada's rocket boosters.
- The One Guy: He's the only male main character in Riot Force 6 aside from Zafira and it's hard to count him because he inexplicably remains in his wolf form for all of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS. In Sound Stage M3, he notes that some people envy him for being this, but that it's often difficult for him as seen in one episode where he impatiently waits for the female Forwards to get out of the shower. It's further highlighted in chapter 11 of ViVid, where everyone else is having fun in the onsen, Erio simply contents himself with helping Lutecia's mom prepare dinner as he's not a peeking pervert.
- One Head Taller: This phrase is used to describe his height in comparison to Caro's in The Movie 1st Sound Stage. He keeps getting taller after that. In ViVid, Caro barely comes up to his shoulders, and two years later in Force, she only comes up to his chest. In StrikerS, Caro was complaining about Erio "stealing her height" and indeed does not seem to grow noticeably after that. This joke is later extended in The Gears of Destiny, when ViVid Vivio meets Force Thoma and the former wonders how suddenly tall the latter has grown. Thoma denies it and says he isn't a "growth vampire like Erio". Speaking of Thoma, who is already taller than females of the TSAB, Erio is still a head taller than him.
- Parental Abandonment: His parents were forced to give him up because he was a clone of their original son.
- Puppy Love: With Caro because they're too young for the real deal.
- Red Ones Go Faster: He is the fastest member of the Forwards and has red hair and a good part of his Barrier Jacket is red.
- Replacement Goldfish: Like Fate, he was cloned to serve as a replacement for a child who had died.
- Rocket-Powered Weapon: Strada has twin rocket boosts that he uses to acceletrate his attacks.
- Shock and Awe: He has learned some of Fate's spells, like Thunder Rage and Thunder Blade. His Shiden Issen is also lightning elemental. Flashbacks reveal he had lightning magic even before Fate adopted him. In Force, he and Fate use a combination against Curren Hückebein successfully - Thunder Rage W.
- Shounen Hair: In contrast to Chrono's straight hair and Yuuno's medium hair, Erio has messy/spiky hair and is more combat orientated than the other two.
- Signature Move: Speerangriff.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Some people spell his name with an "L". In the first opening, his name is spelled as "Erio Maondial". In the Force manga volumes, his name is spelled as "Erio Mondial".
- Student and Master Team: In the first mock battle of the training camp in ViVid, he and Nanoha temporarily team up against Fate. Even the narrate box names this situation "Riot Force 6 Instructor and Student vs. Fate". According to Lutecia, Nanoha and Erio could take anyone down with their agility and power.
- Super Speed: His Sonic Move allows him to move incredibly fast. He holds the distinction of being the only person fast enough to land a direct hit on Fate in her Sonic Form.
- Thanks for the Mammary: Erio & Caro's first meeting. It's merely awkward for a bit, possibly because they're both ten and she's technically his sister.
- Tsurime Eyes: Pointed like his spear.
- Vehicular Theme Naming:
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Part of his Barrier Jacket in StrikerS. In ViVid, he wore much longer shorts, and in Force, he doesn't wear shorts anymore. In any case, they are unrestrictive and useful in combat.
- Yellow Lightning, Blue Lightning: We see that his Thunder Rage is bluenote , while Fate's is yellow. When Erio charges his Shiden Issen, we see blue sparks on his fist and arm, but the explosion and the sparks of the impact are yellow, but then there are blue sparks on his fist again. A flashback of the time before he was adopted by Fate shows, that his body was surrounded by blue sparks. Erio's magic color is actually yellow.
Caro Ru Lushe — Dragon Summoner
Voiced by: Mikako Takahashi
Voiced by: Kaoru Edo (Kerykeion)
The youngest of the Forwards. She is a dragon summoner from the TSAB-administrated world No. 6, Alzas, but she was banished from her tribe because of how powerful her summons are. Even the TSAB refused her until Fate took her in. She is assigned to Fate's Lightning Squad, usually serving as the team's full back or summoning her Dragons using her Boost Device Kerykeion. She has two dragons: Friedrich - the one she usually summons - and Voltaire, who is only summoned rarely.
She is partnered with Erio Mondial, and has a crush on him. Before she joined the Riot Force 6, Caro was assigned to the Wildlife Preservation Corps, where she was stationated in the TSAB-administrated world No. 61, Supools, and returned to it after the JS Incident was resolved, bringing her partner Erio with her. In Force, she's a member of Special Duty Section 6.
- Badass Adorable: Huggable girl in pink who can summon dragons... really big dragons.
- Battle Couple: With Erio in a Guys Smash, Girls Shoot manner. While they are not officially a couple in StrikerS, many in Riot Force 6 ship them, and they sort of went on a date. She buffs Erio, summons dragons and other support features.
- Bathtub Bonding: She actively sought to do this with Erio in an onsen in one of the Sound Stages, and even suggested that they bathe together again, much to his flustered embarrassment.
- Beam Spam: Shooting Ray and Wing Shooter.
- The Beastmaster: She has two dragons - Fried obeys her commands because she raised him from birth, but Voltaire, being an old guardian dragon of their home planet, is harder to control. Rather than thinking of herself as Voltaire's mistress, Caro describes herself as like a priestess who asks for his power.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's a Nice Girl who can reliably call on a Godzilla level dragon to help her note
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Since Caro acts as the boke, Erio plays the tsukkomi part to keep their conversations going on.
- BrotherSister Team: She fights with Erio, her adopted brother.
- Chain Pain: Her spell Alchemic Chain.
- Character Tic: She has her fists often at breast height◊, mostly when she's excited.
- The Chick: She's the supporter for most of the time (Barriers, buffing etc) and she summons her dragons only when the situation calls for it. Without them, she is the weakest of the Forwards in combat.
- Code Name: Lightning 4 in Riot Force 6, and Riot 4 in Special Duty Section 6.
- Deflector Shield: Knows Protection and Boosted Protection.
- Dragon Rider: She regularly rides Fried but her title is "Dragon Summoner".
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Since Sound Stage X, she has Short Hair with Tail that grows over the time, showing that she isn't a child anymore. Somehow...
- Expy: Of Nanoha. Both are clad in bright Barrier Jackets, have the same magic color, and befriends a Dark Magical Girl in black (Lutecia and Fate, respectively). Both of them are accompanied by a small animal/shapeshifter whose size/form is not his real one (Friedrich and Yuuno, respectively), while their opposing counterpart are accompanied with humanoids (Garyu and Arf, respectively).
- Extra-ore-dinary: Wrought Iron Summonnote is a spell that allows Caro to summon, transmute and control inorganic matter in nature. This includes Alchemic Chain, that is made of iron and not of magic like most other chains.
- Flight: She has limited flight abilities, which is subtly demonstrated in ViVid.
- Flirty Stepsiblings: With Erio. Although they were both adopted, rather than being stepsiblings.
- Friend to All Living Things: Her job both before and after Riot Force Six is in environmental protection. In the StrikerS manga her ability to connect with wild animals is noted as a great asset in that field.
- Generation Xerox: An adopted variant with Fate. Both were abandoned by their family, both were Happily Adopted by the Harlaown family, both have an adoptive brother, and both have a magical creature, which is able to change its size, as one of their closest friends.
- Genki Girl: Not so much in StrikerS, but definitively in post-StrikerS media. There she is more energetic.
- Girly Run: After Nanoha has grown out of it, Caro plays this trope straight. Especially in contrast to Subaru and Teana, who do not run while throwing their arms like her.
- Hand Blast: Caro can fire energy attacks with her Kerykeion.
- Happily Adopted: By Fate. Like Erio she has nothing but good things to say about her parenting style.
- Healing Hands: She knows Physical Heal and Boosted Healing.
- Height Angst: Somewhat sensitive about her shortness compared to Erio. This only gets more noticeable with time as Erio grows like a weed, while Caro remains mostly the same height.
- Idiot Hair: Has a really long hair like Vita but is less prone to reckless behavior.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: The biggest reason why Caro is awesome are her dragons.
- Invocation: Caro invokes her support spells even while using Kerykeion. She also has an invocation spell for unlocking Fried's true dragon form and for summoning Voltaire.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Until episode 17 Caro seems to be a pure support character. Then she summons Voltaire, who proceeds to go Godzilla on the attackers who had been wasting Riot Force Six's defenses. It rapidly becomes obvious Caro is actually in the same league as Nanoha and Hayate.
- The Medic: In ViVid, she is the Full Back of Team Red. She heals Einhart during the first mock battle.
- Nice Hat: Part of her Barrier Jacket. In episode 12, Teana uses it to hide the Relic No. VI and fools the Numbers.
- Pink Means Feminine: Her Barrier Jacket is primiarly pink and she is the most solidly feminine of the Forwards. Pink is also her magic color, and it has not a reddish tone like Nanoha's or Miura's.
- Power Gives You Wings: Kerykeion's Third Mode has wings.
- Puppy Love: With Erio because of their young age.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her ponytail is long enough to fit this trope but like Teana she is not a true example because she's a soldier and not a vain one either.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Kerykeion is named after the Greek word with the same namesake, which means "herald's staff", which is known in English as Hermes' Caduceus staff.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: A gentle and kind-hearted White Magician Girl with vibrant pink hair.
- Say My Name: Usually "Erio-kun" and "Fried" but beware if she ever calls "VOLTAIRE".
- Short Hair with Tail: Since Sound Stage X.
- Signature Move: Boost Up, a spell to empower herself or her comrades.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Poor Caro Ru Lushe has tons of different spellings for her name. For example, in the first opening, it's "Caro Ru Lusie". In the Force manga volumes, her name is spelled as "Caro Ru Lushe".
- Summon Magic: Her other specialty. She can summon her dragons, but can also summon people to her location, as seen when she retrieved an immobilized Einhart in the mock battle in ViVid.
- Superpower Lottery Winner: Her Summon Magic is a Rare Skill.
- Support Party Member: Defied. She started as one, as she only had support spells and summons in her arsenal but thanks to her training, she is able to defend herself and she has offensive spells as well.
- Tareme Eyes: Her eyes are more rounded than her partners to reflect the differences between them.
- Tricked-Out Gloves: Her intelligent device Kerykeion are gloves with many features.
- Unstoppable Rage: In episode 17, when Erio is badly injured and she sees their new home is being torn to pieces. She doesn't appreciate this.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: Either after Mazda Carol or FSO Polonez Caro.
- White Magician Girl: Has the outfit and the spells to suit the role, with a long flowing white dress and Combat Medic skills.
Voiced by: Eriko Kigawa (StrikerS, StrikerS Sound Stage X), Saori Hayami (ViVid)
Voiced by: Joanna Day (Blitz Caliber)
Subaru's beautiful, level-headed older sister, and later, also the older sister of Cinque, Nove, Wendi, and Dieci. She serves in Battalion 108 under her father, and is an investigator. Like Subaru, she has two Devices - a pair of rollerblades named Blitz Caliber, and the left gauntlet of their mother's Revolver Knuckle.
In StrikerS, she decides to help the Riot Force 6 and joins them in the middle of the Jail Scaglietti Incident, receives her Blitz Caliber, and becomes the extra member of the Forwards, but is not a main character. However, during the attack on the Ground Forces HQ, she's defeated by Cinque, Nove and Wendi and kidnapped by them. Being brainwashed by Scaglietti, she is forced to fight her sister under the number "Thirteen", but Subaru manages to defeat her and save her from her brainwashed state. On the day when the Riot Force 6 is disbanded, she, Hayate and Vivio watch the last mock battle between the Forwards and their superiors.
- Action Girl: Serves in the Battalion 108.
- An Arm and a Leg: She lost her left hand when she was kidnapped by Cinque, Nove, and Wendi. Fortunately, she got a new one since Jail is an expert when it comes to cyborgs.
- Ancestral Weapon: The left Revolver Knuckle, formerly owned by her late mother.
- Badass Armfold: Before her battle against Subaru in challenge.
- Big Sister Instinct: Her very first scene was her going through a burning airport, trying to rescue Subaru.
- Big Eater:
Subaru: (In reference to the giant pile of empty lunchboxes behind Ginga) "You don't seem to be eating much today, Gin-nee."
- In the StrikerS supplementary manga, she is shown to eat more food than Subaru.
- In INNOCENTS, she is mostly portrayed with large portions of food.
- Boobs of Steel: Better endowed than Subaru and proceeds to kick her younger sister's butt in one of the training episodes. Fortunately, Subaru later manages to "befriend" the brainwashed Ginga through a combination of determination and Evil Is Dumb.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: After being beaten to almost death and kidnapped by the Numbers, she is brainwashed by Scaglietti and forced to fight against Subaru.
- Cool Big Sis:
- Being the eldest sister of five Cyborgs and an Eclipse Driver (not yet). She also seemly got the role of her mother.
- Inverted with Blitz Caliber. Subaru refers Blitz Caliber as Mach Caliber's "younger sister". Both were designed by Shario, but Mach Caliber was made before Blitz Caliber.
- Cyborg: Like her sisters.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Subaru got Ginga back from her brainwashed state Nanoha style.
- Also inverted. The three Numbers who brutally assaulted and kidnapped her ended up becoming her little sisters.
- Deflector Shield: She knows Defenser, Shell Barrier and Tri Shield.
- Escaped from the Lab: She was rescued from a research facility by Quint when she was a child.
- Evil Is Dumb: Brainwashed Ginga was unable to use any of her learned magical abilities. She could only use her Inherent Skills.
- FaceHeel Turn: Due to brainwashing, she joined the Numbers.
- First-Name Basis: Proposes this for Runessa, whom she's met relatively recently, as a way of making it clear whether Rune's referring to her, her sister or her father.
- Full-Contact Magic: A Shooting Arts practicer like her mother.
- Hair Style Inertia: Though, she didn't have Rapunzel Hair until her teens, her hairstyle never changed since her childhood.
- Happily Adopted: By Genya and Quint who found her on a mission to bust illegal cyborg manufacturers. In a twist of fate, she and her sister were based on DNA stolen from their 'adoptive' mother.
- Left-Handed Mirror: To her right-handed sister, Subaru. Ginga is left-handed, has the left Revolver Knuckle, the opposite color scheme and is the girly girl to Subaru's tomboy.
- Lightning Bruiser: Stronger, faster and tougher than Subaru.
- Military Brat: Her father's a Major, and her mother was killed in the line of duty.
- Neck Lift: Does this to Subaru during their battle. Subaru managed to escape and do an attempted counter, which earned her a one-handed slam into the ground.
- Not Quite Flight: She has Wing Road, just like her mother and little sister.
- Power Fist: She has the left Revolver Knuckle.
- Rapunzel Hair: Unlike Teana and Caro she has the beauty, grace and maturity reflected by this trope despite being a soldier like them.
- Rollerblade Good: Her Intelligent Device, Blitz Caliber, is a pair of rollerblades. Ginga got them when she joined the Riot Force 6.
- She Is the King: Blitz Caliber calls her "Sir".
- Sixth Ranger: While working with Fate on the Jail Scaglietti case, she takes part in combat training with RF6, and takes part in two of their missions as the Forward Team's extra member. She also replaces Cinque on the field after being brainwashed by Scaglietti.
- Theme Naming: She has two for her names.
- Shout-Out Theme Naming: Ginga is presumably named after one of the two pilots of GEAR Fighter Dendoh (Ginga Izumo) on which Revolver Knuckles are based.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: In several ways.
- This Is a Drill: One of Ginga's attacks, which has been given the rather apt Fan Nickname "Ginga Drill Breaker".
- You Are Number 6: While brainwashed, she wears a bodysuit like those worn by the Numbers, bearing the numerals "XIII". Additionally, Jail refers to her and Subaru as "type-0 prototypes", in Ginga's case "First 0-type", and some of the imprisoned numbers call her "Thirteen" in English.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has a similar indigo hair color like Quint. Depending on the Artist, it's either indigo or purple.
Voiced by: Mikako Takahashi (baby form)
Caro's dragon companion, whom she's had since he was hatched, the Silver Flying Dragon. He usually appears in his baby form, but Caro can use her Summon Magic to transform him into his older self. Friedrich, short Fried, follows her partner almost everywhere she goes, and he becomes friends with Erio as well. Both of them ride him in his grown-up form.
- Animal Companion: To Caro. Occassionally, to Erio, too.
- Badass Adorable: His baby form is more powerful than it looks.
- Breath Weapon: His Blast Flare is a small, but really powerful fireball which can make a big fire. His Blast Ray is a more powerful version of Blast Flare and is a more traditional dragon breath.
- Cool Pet: He's a dragon. Pets don't get much cooler than that.
- Demoted to Extra: In the training camp in ViVid, Friedrich does not participate in the first mock battle. It is not shown if he's absent in the second one, too, but he does participate in the (off-screen) third mock battle.
- Fun Size: His baby form can ride on Caro's head.
- In-Series Nickname: Fried.
- Killer Rabbit: Fried may look like a cute, little misshaped chicken but he can throw powerful fireballs at you. His true form is very large when unsealed and has a more powerful fire breath.
- Light Is Good: He is silver and friendly. Also, he's sometimes described as white by some characters.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After Friedrich Nietzsche.
- Non-Human Sidekick: Is almost everywhere where Caro is. Sometimes, he accompanies Erio.
- Older Alter Ego: His true form is a big, grown-up dragon.
- One Steve Limit: Because of Friedrich's nickname being "Fried", Wilfried Jeremiah's nickname is "Ried".
- Our Dragons Are Different: He is a dragon who can change its appearance from a baby to an adult.
- Playing with Fire: Blast Flare and Blast Ray are a fireball and a flamethrower, respectively.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Beware the dragon with eyes of blood.
- Satellite Character: He's Caro's dragon and becomes friends with Erio, but there is little characterization for Friedrich and he's always hanging around with them.
- Shoulder-Sized Dragon: His sealed form is small enough to fit in a handbag.
- Silver Has Mystic Powers: He has silver scales and has magical powers.
- Team Pet: For the Forwards, the Forward Lightning, Riot Force 6 and Special Duty Section 6.
Caro's second dragon and trump card, the Black Fire Dragon. Voltaire is, in fact, Alzas' Guardian Dragon, an ancient creature of great power that only allows himself to be summoned when there is real need to. He is not only much bigger than Friedrich's true form, but also much more powerful, but he is harder to control.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: He's nearly as tall as a skyscraper.
- Badass Armfold: When he fights Hakuten'ou he does this at least three times in taunting.
- Breath Weapon: Can breathe fire when he fires Geo Erga.
- Chekhov's Gunman:
- His name is mentioned in episode 10, and he appears in episode 17 and then we know how big he is.
- He is mentioned again in StrikerS Sound Stage 2 (episode 14.5), described as a summon that rivals Lutecia's Hakuten'ou. Quattro is right.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He's a big black dragon that is on Caro's side.
- Dragons Are Divine: He's the guardian deity of Alzas. Caro even compares her relationship with him to that of a priestess praying for divine aid.
- Expy: Of Gunbuster, mainly in his ridiculous size and Badass Armfold.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: During his first appearance, and later a few times when he fights Hakuten'ou.
- Godzilla Threshold: When Riot Force 6's HQ gets destroyed by some of the Numbers and Gadget Drones, and a huge wing of hundreds of aerial Drones are approaching with intent to carpet-bomb the city, Caro calls upon Voltaire, who proceeds to incinerate the entire attacking air force with a single attack.
- Kaiju: A skyscraper-sized dragon who is not much different from Godzilla.
- Named After Somebody Famous: After Voltaire, the pen name of François-Marie Arouet.
- Our Dragons Are Different: He looks humanoid compared to Friedrich.
- Physical God: As the ancient guardian of Caro's home planet, he's extremely big and very powerful. Caro even compares their relationship to a priestess praying for divine aid instead of a mistress commanding a subject creature.
- Playing with Fire: He is the Black Fire Dragon.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Averted. While he's definitely red, black and as terrifying as can be expected of a badass Kaiju, he's on Caro's side.
- Satellite Character: Aside from being the guardian of Alzas, little is known about Caro's black dragon, her strongest summon that is summoned rarely.
- Wave-Motion Gun: He has magic cannons on his wings. His Signature Move is Geo Erga.
Riot Force 6 staff
Voiced by: Hitoshi Yanai
He is Hayate Yagami's Second-in-Command at Long Arch, as well as the son of TSAB Admiral Letty Lowran. After the disbandment of Riot Force 6, he and Lucino transfer to the Dimensional Navy, where he's an administrative official. He has yet to appear in any fourth season manga.
- Birds of a Feather: He and Lucino are both calm and serious, and they get along very well.
- Bishounen: He is basically a male version of his mother.
- Childhood Friends: With Shario.
- Megane: Like his mother, he wears glasses.
- Military Brat: His mother's an Admiral.
- Mission Control: He's the Second-in-Command at Long Arch after all.
- Number Two: To Hayate. He commands the Long Arch whenever she is absent.
- Official Couple: It is strongly implied that he and Lucino have married during StrikerS and Force, when Lucino was introduced as "Lucino Lowran" in the latter season. The first StrikerS opening and the StrikerS epilogue hint subtly their relationship, and in the supplementary manga, Shario noticed that there was something more between them.
- Put on a Bus: He transfers to the bureau of the Dimensional Navy. He appears neither in StrikerS Sound Stage X nor in ViVid nor in Force. Probably because of him being a male character in an Improbably Female Cast, and he's not a mage like Vice, who at least appeared in Sound Stage X. This is still strange, since Special Duty Section 6 is also part of the Dimensional Navy and his apparent wife, Lucino, is a member of that section.
- Remember the New Guy?: Averted. Letty mentions having a son in the final A's Sound Stage (though she doesn't refer to him by name).
- Right-Hand Hottie: To Hayate. He is her Second-in-Command in StrikerS.
- Strong Family Resemblance: To his mother Letty. He has just short hair and lacks her forehead marks. And he's male.
- Tsurime Eyes: Fitting to his serious personality.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: After TVR Griffith.
- The Worst Seat in the House: He doesn't complain about it, but he has no seat in the Long Arch's commando center, being the only one to stand the whole time. Later, in the Arthra's conference room, he is still the only one without a seat.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has a purple hair color from his mother.
Voiced by: Shizuka Ito
One of Fate's aides, communications operator in Long Arch and Riot Force Six's mechanic. She oversees the training undergone by the Forwards, using the data gathered to make adjustments to their devices. After the disbandment of Riot Force 6, she transfers to the Dimensional Navy as Fate's aide, alongside with Teana, again. In Force, she, Fate and Teana are investigating the Eclipse Incident, and like Alto and Lucino, she is a member of Special Duty Section 6.
- Adaptational Early Appearance: She holds the distinction of being the only post-A's character to appear in Reflection.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The brunette to Fate's blonde and Teana's redhead in the StrikerS epilogue.
- Brainy Brunette: She's a Device Meister and an Enforcer's aide. That alone tells something about her intelligence .
- Bridge Bunnies: With Alto and Lucino in Riot Force 6.
- The Cameo: She shows up in Reflection working as Mariel's assistant.
- Child Prodigy: Her appearance in Reflection shows that she was already a Device Meister at age nine.
- Childhood Friends: With Griffith. And platonic, too.
- Covert Pervert: See Skinship Grope below.
- The Engineer: A mechanic, specialized in Devices; a Device Meister. She designed Blitz Caliber, Mach Caliber and Cross Mirage, and she modified Strada and Kerykeion.
- Heroic BSoD: After the destruction of the Long Arch and the kidnapping of Vivio, she cries loud in the hospital, blaming herself for doing nothing. You can't blame her for that event, considering who the enemies are.
- In-Series Nickname: Everyone calls her "Shari".
- Mission Control: Even without Alto and Lucino, she still does this in the Grand Finale.
- Otaku: Vice calls her a "mecha otaku", but he doesn't mean that kind of mecha.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Part of her uniform.
- Remember the New Guy?: The three Aces knew her before the season started. They met her shortly after the A's epilogue (and in the Movie continuity, they knew her even earlier).
- Shipper on Deck: When the Forwards get a day off, she tries to set up Erio and Caro on a date.
- Skinship Grope: In the first StrikerS Sound Stage, Shamal mentions that Shari returns Hayate's Skinship Grope favor and had some fun.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: The viewer can tell that she's a smart girl. She is a Device Meister after all.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is her nickname Shari, Shirley or Sally? Her name is sometimes also spelled Celio Fenino.
- Tareme Eyes: Fitting to her cheerful personality.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: After Mitsubishi Chariot.
Voiced by: Nozomi Masu
Alto is member of Riot Force 6's communications staff, a subordinate to Shario Finieno, and later the helicopter pilot when Vice was hospitalized. She has become an official army helicopter pilot, as revealed in the StrikerS epilogue. In StrikerS Sound Stage X, she's a member of Genya's 108th Battalion, and like Shario and Lucino, she is a member of Special Duty Section 6 and the helicopter pilot in Force.
- Affectionate Nickname: Thoma calls her "Aa-chan".
- Bridge Bunnies: With Shario and Lucino in Riot Force 6.
- Cool Big Sis: Thoma sees in her as yet another big sister.
- Cuteness Overload: She and Lucino Squee! over Reinforce Zwei until she introduces herself and they react in horror as they learn she's not only cute, but also a few ranks above them.
- The Driver: The member of the Bridge Bunnies who replaces Vice, the helicopter pilot. She's his kohai, is a good friend of Subaru and is one of Thoma's Cool Big Sis.
- Genki Girl: She's very energetic, more than Shario, and she gets along with Subaru very well.
- I Have Brothers: Two elder brothers and a younger brother, exactly. Probably the reason why she thought to be a boy when she was a kid.
- Large Ham: The loudest member of the three Bridge Bunnies.
- Lower-Deck Episode: In episode 19, when she became the helicopter pilot and took Vice's place, her sempai.
- One of the Boys: She has two elder brothers and a younger brother, and in her childhood, Alto believed to be a boy, too, resulting to an embarrassing school toilet incident when she was seven.
- Open Secret: Her "school toilet incident when she was seven" secret is told by Vice to some staff members, then Shario tells it to other people, and her secret is so popular among the younger RF6 personnel, basically everyone knows it.
- Outnumbered Sibling: She's the only girl in her family, with three brothers.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Her office uniform.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red oni to Lucino's blue. Alto is a Genki Girl who hangs around with the Forwards, while Lucino is quiet and serious and is usually together with the other staff members.
- Sempai/Kohai: The kohai to Vice.
- Tareme Eyes: Fitting her Genki Girl nature.
- Technicolor Eyes: Has purple eyes. Maybe to remind the viewers she's not an earthling. She's actually from Vaizen like Thoma.
- Those Two Girls: Averted with Lucino. Despite they seem to appear often together, it's not really the case. They don't know each other that well, they interact with different people rather than with each other, and they work in different branches after StrikerS.
- Tomboy: She's described as a mecha otaku by various characters. She loves cool vehicles and other machines like the Raptors, something which is unusual by girls, as Isis lampshades it. In her childhood, she even believed that she was a boy because she was raised with three brothers.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: After Suzuki Alto.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Averted. She is the only one of the three former Bridge Bunnies to appear in StrikerS Sound Stage X.
Lucino Lowran (originally Lucino Lilie)
Voiced by: Yukana
Lucino is member of Riot Force 6's communications staff, a subordinate to Shario Finieno, and later the helmswoman of the Arthra which replaces the Long Arch after the latter's destruction. After the disbandment of Riot Force 6, she and Griffith transfer to the Dimensional Navy bureau, where she's Griffith's assistant and a helmswoman. Like Shario and Alto, she is a member of Special Duty Section 6 and the helmswoman of the Wolfram in Force. In Force, it's revealed that she has changed her surname "Lilie" to "Lowran", so it's strongly implied that she married Griffith sometime between StrikerS and Force.
- Birds of a Feather: She and Griffith are both calm and serious, and they get along very well.
- Bridge Bunnies: With Shario and Alto in Riot Force 6.
- The Cameo: Unlike Shario, Alto and Griffith, Lucino was not formally introduced in her first appearancenote of the StrikerS supplementary manga. She was formally introduced in her second appearance.
- Cool Starship: She was stationated at the Arthra at least four years before StrikerS and became its last helmswoman in the Grand Finale. Later, she is the helmswoman of the Wolfram, the Arthra's Spiritual Successor.
- Cuteness Overload: In the supplementary manga, she and Alto Squee! over Reinforce Zwei until she introduces herself and they react in horror as they learn she's not only cute, but also a few ranks above them.
- Middle Child Syndrome: She's the second of three daughters, but Lucino is the only family member besides her grandfather who works for the Bureau, where she has the opportunity to pilot spaceships.
- Mission Control: For the Arthra and later the Wolfram.
- Official Couple: It is strongly implied that she and Griffith have married during StrikerS and Force, when she was introduced as "Lucino Lowran" in the latter season. The first StrikerS opening and the StrikerS epilogue hint subtly their relationship, and in the supplementary manga, Shario noticed that there is something more between them.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Part of her uniform.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue oni to Alto's red. Lucino is calm and serious and rarely interacts with the Forwards, while Alto is a Genki Girl and has a lots of fun with the Forwards.
- Short Hair with Tail: In Force.
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl: Shy Purple-Haired Girl; it's implied she's this, as she rarely interacts with the Forwards and most other mages, in contrast to Shario and Alto.
- Those Two Girls: Averted with Alto. Despite they seem to appear often together, it's not really the case. They don't know each other that well, they interact with different people rather than with each other, and they work in different branches after StrikerS.
- Tsurime Eyes: Fitting her serious character.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: After Nissan Lucino.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: You Gotta Have Purple Hair in this case. In a stark contrast to Shario (brown) and Alto (blond), also showing that she's the calmest of them.
Voiced by: Yuuichi Nakamura
Voiced by: Joanna Day (Storm Raider)
A marksman and helicopter pilot for Riot Force 6. Before joining Riot Force 6 as a helicopter pilot, Vice was a Ground Forces sniper and a subordinate of Signum. However, in a hostage-taking incident some time before StrikerS, Vice accidentally shot a hostage in the eye while targeting a criminal with Snipe Shot. His guilt was worsened by the fact that the hostage was his own little sister, Laguna Granscenic, and eventually led him to give up the sniper career.
He has an Intelligent Device in a form of a snipers gun called Storm Raider. After the incident that caused Vice to abandon his marksman career, Storm Raider's AI was loaded onto a JF704 transport helicopter he piloted.
In the Grand Finale, Laguna seeks Vice out and tells him that she has long forgiven him, allowing him to come to terms with his past and join the battle alongside Zafira. After disbandment of Riot Force 6, he restarts his gunner/sniper career, but he still pilots army helicopters.
- Big Brother Mentor: To his two kohais; to fellow helicopter pilot Alto and fellow gunner Teana.
- Boom Stick: Uses a common Storage Device to destroy several Gadget Drones that are invading the Long Arch. He even provides the trope image.
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Vice has told the younger Riot Force 6 personnel about Alto's school toilet incident when she was seven. The story became so popular that is spread over the staff and almost everyone knows about it.
- The Driver: He's the helicopter pilot of Riot Force 6, who brings the main characters from point a to b and has a distinct personality. The reason he's a pilot is because of quitting his sniper job. Also, he serves as Teana and Alto's Big Brother Mentor.
- Friendly Sniper: Cheerful, personable, laid-back, and can snipe the head of a running target from a moving helicopter even though there's an ally obscuring his line of sight.
- Storm Raider herself seems to be a friendly sniper's gun, calling Reinforce Zwei "my friend".
- I Can Still Fight!: Goes out to fight in the final battle despite having been unconscious for a week.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Is able to hit Deed inside a building from a distance where neither she nor Teana can see him.
- Mage Marksman: He's a sniper who fires energy bullets.
- My Greatest Failure: As a result of a missed shot on his part, his little sister was blinded in one eye, resulting in a Heroic BSoD and a severe reluctance to ever snipe again afterwards. Both of them get better in time for the final battle.
- Remember the New Guy?: The pre-StrikerS characters know him all along. Even in the supplementary manga.
- Retired Badass: He is an Ace, but the incident with his sister caused a Heroic BSoD for him and he retired as a marksman. He came back in the Grand Finale, and later is officially a marskman again, and still a helicopter pilot.
- Sapient Steed: Storm Raider spends most of StrikerS as a helicopter.
- Sempai/Kohai: Teana and Alto refer to him as their sempai in StrikerS Sound Stage X.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: After Renault Grand Scénic.
- Weak, but Skilled: He has even less magical power than Teana, but is a formidable marksman nevertheless.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: He never appears again after Sound Stage X.
Voiced by: Nao Takamori
A caretaker employed at the Riot Force 6, who looks after Vivio while Nanoha and Fate were away on business. She only appears in StrikerS.
- The Caretaker: That's her job, but she does not play the usual trope because she's more like a babysiter for a young child.
- Satellite Character: She's designed to be Vivio's caretaker and nothing else.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: After Mitsubishi Triton.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: She's never seen again after StrikerS, which is especially weird given the fact that Nanoha mentioned in the third Megami Sound Stage that she had hired her as a housekeeper (though the canonicity of the Megami Sound Stages is dubiuous at best).
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Another character with purple hair.