Second-Age Heroes | Second-Age Villains | Fourth-Age Heroes (Pillars of Equestria, Sisterhood of Magical Fillies [Dazzling Divas]) | Fourth-Age Villains (Alicorn Ascendancy, Tyrannos Pantheon, Children of Ispita, The Shadowed Ones, Tribalists, Autorists, Hydiantes) | The Grand Primevals | Efévresi | Amaredae | Equestrian Pantheon (Blue Suede Heartstrings, Bossa Nova Heartstrings, Winter Opera) | Breezie Pantheon | Diamond Dog Pantheon | Gremlin Pantheon | Bogolenya Deer Pantheon (Belyolen, Temnobog, The Four Terrors) | Abyssinian Pantheon | Church of the Stars (Healing Song, Golden Scepter) | Virtusidae | Elder Quintumvirate | Poenan Pantheon | Coltic Pantheon | Trimortidae | Caearnarian Deer Pantheon | Hoyklan Deer Pantheon | Elternteil Deer Pantheon | Minotaur Pantheon | Jotunn Pantheon | Tauren Giant Pantheon | Draconic Pantheon | Shinseina Pantheon | Dharmadeshvar Pantheon | Zebrafrican Pantheon | Old Orosian Pantheon | Pramanthan Pantheon | Great Skunk Pantheon | Sauropodian Pantheon | Kaluan Pantheon | Novellus Pantheon | Unaffiliated Deities | Principalities of Equestria (Canterlot, Ponyville) | Sunnytown | Grittish Isles | Crystal Empire | Luchalibre | Alvslog Deer Realms | Erobreseg Deer Realms | Nordskelt Deer Realms | Caearnar | Abyssinia | The Storm Empire | Terran Empire (Aureusidae [Blazing Hoof, Fanged Paw, Forging Scale, Clear Voice, Crimson Star, Bright Eyes, Steel Barricade, Death Shroud, Written Word, Night Shade, Red Blade]) | The Changeling Courts (Spring Court, Summer Court, Autumn Court, Winter Court) | Kulesian-Mazlander Commonwealth | Malrègnar Empire | Vertusia | New Crypta | Shadowpact Empire | The Cloven Empire | Zebrica | Friendship Gardens | Hyrule | Machina | Federal Republic of Ponyland | Coltalia | Neighpon | Imperium of Ponykind | Kerajaan Cahaya | Sauropoda | Hybrid Haven | Meridia | Dragonflights | Giants | Mephitidia | Mousikós | Alicorn Civilization | Empire of the Fae | The Visitors | Creatures and Monsters | Historical and Mythical Characters | The Lost Ones
Equestrian PantheonThe Equestrian pantheon is one of the most popular pantheons in Equus, or at least the most well-known. Containing a mix of Alicorns and Draconequui, these immortals dedicate their lives to making Equestria the most peaceful and prosperous place it can be, though they have been known to be present at dangerous crises, either fighting whatever threat is present at the moment, helping the innocent, or both. Unlike most deities, however, the Alicorn half of the pantheon doesn't like to be worshiped, as they believe even gods can be just as flawed as mortals... but that doesn't stop the mortals themselves from praying to them.
open/close all folders
- 100% Adoration Rating: Subverted. While the Alicorn Princesses are beloved by ponies and some races and civilizations who encountered them, they still see themselves as flawed as mortals, which is supported by the fact that they have many enemies in and out of Equestria.
- The Scions of Hurricane, a fanatical group of pegasi devoted to blood purity, see the Princesses in general as false tyrants who are disgusting interracial abominations and represent the worst traits of Earth ponies and unicorns in general. Their goal revolves around usurping the Princesses and establishing pegasi as the master race of Equestria.
- As of the Storm King crisis, the older Princesses have come under fire from the public, who had their faith in them shaken out of belief that the Princesses had cloistered themselves away in their palace while their subjects suffered under the tyranny of the Storm King. This resulted in the rise of tribalist factions such as the Scions of Hurricane, who seek to usurp the Princesses and install pegasi as the supreme rulers of Equestria. It came to a head where, in an attempt to magically "expose" Celestia as a tyrant, a group of fanatical conspiracy theorists ended up creating the evil "False Deity" Tulpa, Tyrantlestia. Tyrantlestia was quickly and utterly defeated by the real Celestia, turning public opinion back into her favor.
- The Ageless: All members of the pantheon, both Alicorns and Draconequu, are immortal by virtue of being deities. While they can get hurt and/or die, their divinity makes it very difficult to injure or kill. This presents a problem since Princess Cadence is married to Shining Armor, a mortal unicorn stallion, and will eventually outlive him.
- Always Identical Twins: There are three sets of twins in the pantheon - Princesses Gold Lily and Sterling are fraternal twin sisters, and Draconequu Arlequin and Katharsis are also fraternal twin sisters, making them subversions. Princes Caerulus Melodia Equestria and Rubeus Stella Equestria, formerly known as Blue Suede Heartstrings and Bossa Nova Heartstrings, respectively, are identical twin brothers.
- The Baby of the Bunch: Prince Perfect Tone, Princess Flurry Heart, and Prince Léon Blueblood are the youngest members of the Equestrian Pantheon, being divine babies or toddlers. Perfect Tone, however, is the youngest of his age-group since he was born after Flurry Heart and Léon. Cild doesn't count because he is an ancient Draconequus god who appears as a young child as per his nature as the embodiment of the Inner Child.
- Badass in Distress: Celestia, Luna, and Cadence were ambushed, petrified, and imprisoned as statues by the Storm King and Tempest Shadow during the opening stages of the Storm King Crisis, with Twilight being the only one who got away. While they were eventually rescued and restored, their supposed inaction led to the public developing a low opinion of them, thinking the Princesses cloistered themselves away in Canterlot to watch Equestria fall. This is largely thanks to the propaganda spread by Clovenists, Autorists, and Propagare's cultists despite the heroes' efforts to reveal the truth.
- Big Good: Out of the divine pantheons in Equus, the Equestrian Pantheon is the most famous, with almost every historical event having some involvement from its members at one point or another. Celestia is perhaps the most proactive and experienced member of the pantheon, with Twilight coming second.
- Deity of Human Origin: While Twilight and Cadence especially apply, all Alicorn members of the pantheon are described as "Ascendant Deities", implying that Celestia and Luna's entire race were once mortal before they Ascended. The only exception is Prince Léon, who is an Ethereal-type Alicorn who was born from the magical karmic backlash caused by both the duplicity of Blueblood's life and the various good things he did behind the scenes.
- A God I Am Not: Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Twilight don't particularly like being outright worshiped, despite their genuine divinity. However, it's zigzagged with the other Alicorn/Draconequus deities, who are either comfortable with their divinity and being worshiped, or are uncomfortable with it. It is noted that even when Celestia and Luna were in their home realm, they and their parents were merely 'common' Alicorns, whereas they would be rightly seen as gods and sovereigns by mortals anywhere else.
- Götterdämmerung: The current iteration is the second Equestrian Pantheon. The Old Equestrian Pantheon before them presided over the Old Equestrian Empire, but was mostly wiped out by Discord and his cabal in their coup, leaving behind a few survivors like Pakak and his children. The local Heaven-Realms and Hell-Realms under its jurisdiction were also left without proper Death deities to watch over them.
- Happily Married: There are a few deities who are married, such as Prince Ace and his wife, Prince Melody, and Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria and his husband, Prince Stoltur Skjöldur. Princess Cadence is married to Shining Armor, Princess Amicitia's older brother, but the fact that Shining Armor is a mortal unicorn has become a source of distress for both the couple itself and family members who are connected to them.
- Hell: The Equestrian Pantheon had several Hell-Realms under its jurisdiction, but the pantheon's Death deities responsible for looking after them were either killed off or subjected to other uncertain fates by a then-evil Discord and his Fallen cabal. Later, after the Equestrian Pantheon started regaining its numbers, the Hell-Realms would be given to Prince Stoltur Skjöldur and his siblings/cousins following Stoltur's marriage to Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria and the great exodus from the Bogolenua Deer Pantheon to Equestria.
- The High Queen: Though the official title is "Princess" in Equestria, all of the Alicorn Princesses in the Equestrian Pantheon are wise and benevolent divine sovereigns, even Twilight. Princess Cadence, though technically not part of Equestria, is also one for the Crystal Empire in place for the traditional benevolent Empresses that ruled it in the past. The only ones who don't see them as this are their enemies, including some tribalist pony factions such as the Scions of Hurricane, who all see them as "freaks of nature", "False Princesses", and divine tyrants who spread lies to subjugate them.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Averted and played straight with the three sets of twins in the pantheon. Princesses Gold Lily and Sterling, as well as Draconequu Arlequin and Katharsis, are fraternal twin sisters and thus can be easily told apart. Princes Caerulus Melodia Equestria and Rubeus Stella Equestria, however, are identical twin brothers, with the only things setting them apart are their mane/tail colors, wing gradients, and Cutie Marks.
- Immortal Ruler: All Alicorn Princesses are immortal by virtue of being goddesses, and rule Equestria as a whole. Princess Cadence co-rules the Crystal Empire with her husband, Prince-Regent Shining Armor, but she's immortal while Shining is not. The only Alicorn who isn't ruling is Prince Léon - due to being a toddler, his adoptive father, Prince Blueblood, has forbidden him from participating in governmental affairs until he's older to protect him from various enemies.
- Improbably Female Cast: In-Universe. The current incarnation of the Equestrian Pantheon is overwhelmingly female on the Alicorns' side, whereas the Draconequus' side is more gender-balanced. Fortunately, the inclusion of more male Alicorns into the pantheon is resolving this.
- Meaningful Rename: Some Alicorns had their names changed upon joining the Equestrian Pantheon and assuming divine leadership of Equestria, such as Princess Amicitia Sparkle Equestria (born Twilight Sparkle), Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria (born Blue Suede Heartstrings), Prince Rubeus Stella Equestria (born Bossa Nova Heartstrings), Prince Hyacinthum Lapis Equestria (born Blue Goldstone), and Princess Astraea Sanctus Equestria (born Sweet Heart). It's justified as it is in accordance to an ancient Alicorn tradition that required an Alicorn to change their name upon assuming leadership of a country or realm, though the original purpose behind it was changed by Celestia and Luna to signify a promise made by a deity to become a better person.
- Physical God: All members of the Equestrian Pantheon are this, being corporeal Alicorns/Draconequu with divine portfolios of their own. Many of them are "Tier III" or "Tier IV"-ranked deities, with the oldest of them holding the rank of "Titan", while the youngest are either "Godlings" like Flurry Heart, Léon, and Perfect Tone or "Demigods" like Gold Lily and Sterling. Nonetheless, all of them are very powerful.
- Pretty Princess Powerhouse: The female Alicorn members are beautiful, with most of them holding the title of 'Princess'. They're also powerful and ancient Physical Gods who won't hesitate to kick ass if needed.
- Princesses Rule: Justified. Equestria and its surrounding territories used to make up the Old Equestrian Empire, until Discord and his cabal wiped out both that and much of its local pantheon in their takeover. The modern incarnation of Equestria is ruled by a Principality, making "Prince/Princess" the highest official royal title an Equestrian royal can hold. This applies to the second, current incarnation of the Equestrian Pantheon, with most of its members being divine Princes and Princesses.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: All Alicorn members of the pantheon are these by virtue of being Princesses and Princes, with Princess Twilight/Amicitia being the most involved in global affairs as ruler of Equestria and Top God of its local pantheon. It was downplayed with Celestia and Luna, whose great power forced them to help from behind the scenes most of the time so they wouldn't cause collateral damage by accident. The only ones who don't have royal duties are Princess Flurry Heart, Prince Léon, and Prince Perfect Tone, who are very young Alicorns.
- Token Evil Teammate:
- Subverted with Princess Winter Opera. She is regarded as this for the Equestrian Pantheon due to being an Alicorn goddess of Dark Magic, which can be detrimental in a country that is frequently plagued with evil dark magic users such as Hydianites. But she's actually very nice and benevolent, and wants to bring public awareness to the good aspects of dark magic.
- Prince Stoltur Skjöldur and his siblings/cousins/children play this more straight, as they're infernal divine grandchildren of Temnobog who decided to leave the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon and join the Equestrian Pantheon following Stoltur's marriage to Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, formerly Blue Suede Heartstrings. They serve the same role here as they did in their original pantheon: Being testers of heroes and punishers of the wicked/unrepentant.
- Warrior Prince: There are a few members who hold the official title of 'Prince', such as Prince Ace, Prince Terrae Equestria, Prince Touha, Prince Stoltur Skjöldur, and identical twin brothers Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria and Prince Rubeus Stella Equestria, formerly known as Blue Suede Heartstrings and Bossa Nova Heartstrings, respectively. All of them are powerful Alicorns and experienced heroes. The only ones who subvert this are Princess Flurry Heart, Prince Léon, and Prince Perfect Tone, who are very young and don't know how to fight or use their powers effectively yet.
- Winged Unicorn: Most of the Equestrian Pantheon's members are Alicorns. Some of them are old/powerful enough to develop eldritch traits like Magic Hair and wing gradients, with a few gaining them much earlier due to being divine prodigies.
Celestia, the Sunraiser
Divine Classification: Ascendant
Portfolio: Sun, Day
The Alicorn goddess of the Sun and Day, and Luna's older sister.
- 100% Adoration Rating: Subverted. Despite being benevolent, wise, and powerful (and is rightfully revered as such), there are those who see her as a false tyrant and/or actively seek to usurp her rule. It got to a point where attempts to "expose" her as a tyrant led to the birth of Tyrantlestia, though Celestia's triumph over her evil counterpart and genuine public display of remorse caused her subjects' opinion to change for the better.
- Adaptational Badass: This version of Celestia gets to show how powerful she really is more often than the canon one. She's also a bonafide goddess of the Sun, whereas canon Celestia's degree of immortality and power is left ambiguous (with Lauren Faust originally planning her and Luna to be merely Long-Lived).
- Adult Fear: A canonized Codexverse drabble reveals that due to being an immortal Alicorn, she secretly fears losing her adoptive nephew, Blueblood, to time and age. When she brought this up with Luminiferous and pleads for him to find a way to let Blueblood Ascend, Luminiferous agrees to help, though makes it clear that as the Alicorn god of Potential, he can't hold Blueblood's hoof all the way as the journey to divinity must be made on his own volition. He does comfort Celestia by showing her a vision of what Blueblood could potentially be: A benevolent Alicorn royal who possibly embodies Guidance and Direction.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: While experiencing her Darkest Hour fighting Orochi as Amaterasu, Celestia telepathically pleaded with Luna (who was still Nightmare Moon at the time) to lend her aid, reasoning that if Orochi isn't stopped, the ponies of Neighpon would start seeing the night as a symbol of evil and misery. It's not exactly known whether Luna acted to receive praise or out of the remaining goodness of her heart, but she answered Celestia's calls, leading to Orochi getting the death blow.
- Attention Whore: Implied in her younger days. Her evil counterpart, Tyrantlestia, called her out for shoving Luna to the side and letting her be forgotten just to be worshiped by their mortal subjects. Considering how Luna's envy and resentment turned her into Nightmare Moon and Celestia's guilty reaction to it being brought up years later, it's somewhat plausible...
- Beware the Nice Ones: As nice and kind as she is, the few times she's been genuinely furious are noted as terrifying to behold. Her giving Chrysalis and her army a Curbstomp Battle in Trot and apparently doing similar on Poena and her followers when they pushed her too far show she's insanely powerful when she cuts loose.
- Big Good: One of several benevolent deities; she serves as an overarching influence for Equestria and Equus as a whole.
- Big Sister Bully: Deconstructed. It's implied that the Nightmare Moon incident started because Celestia was too prideful and/or ignorant of her own subjects' shunning of Luna and her night, and even allowed it, planting the seeds of envy and resentment that would corrupt Luna into becoming the aforementioned villain. This would come back to bite Celestia many years later, when Tyrantlestia calls her out for being a petty bully who shoved Luna aside just to be worshiped while letting her own sister be forgotten. Although Luna eventually forgave her, the Nightmare Moon incident is one of many mistakes that Celestia still feels regret over and tries to atone for it.
- Break Them by Talking: Was on the receiving end of this by Tyrantlestia, who gave her a vicious "The Reason You Suck" Speech about her flaws and the mistakes she made in the past with her subjects as well as her own family. This caused Celestia to nearly falter out of guilt and shame, but hearing her people cheer her on caused her to experience a Heroic Second Wind where she turned the tables on Tyrantlestia herself, causing the evil Tulpa to suffer an epic Villainous Breakdown.
- Deity of Human Origin: Implied; she's described as an "Ascendant Deity", which would mean she or at least her race was once mortal before they ascended.
- Good Parents: Despite being his adoptive Aunt, Celestia is Blueblood's ever-loving and supportive mother figure in all but name. It got to the point where Blueblood regarded her as his "true" parent rather than his emotionally abusive and controlling birth parents. When ponies raised a stink about Blueblood being royalty despite not being an Alicorn, Celestia responded in a press conference that Alicorn or not, she'll always love her "darling Bluey". Her good parenting would pay off when Blueblood became one of the first few who cheered her on during her fight with the "False Deity" tulpa Tyrantlestia, which gave Celestia the strength to verbally break her enemy and obliterate Tyrantlestia with sun magic.
- General Failure: Downplayed: her handling of Equestria's military, while still reasonable, also had numerous flaws that resulted in its poor performance in several threats, especially the Storm King Crisis. However, this is justified: she was only in charge of the military in the first place because Luna (who was in charge of such things) became Nightmare Moon and was banished and she was forced to. Celestia's personality and talents simply aren't in leading an army while Luna's were, and being forced to take over Luna's roles on top of her own simply didn't work well. Celestia is very much aware of this and put Luna back in charge when she returned, but due to the corrupt nobility staling things, she wasn't able to completely fix the problem prior to the Storm King Crisis.
- A God I Am Not: Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Twilight hate being worshiped, but Celestia is the only one who's prominently shown to this dislike. She doesn't hate religion per se, seeing it as a necessity that helps guide her subjects in bettering themselves, but otherwise being treated as a goddess makes her uncomfortable. It's implied that her feelings partially stem from the Nightmare Moon incident, where a combination of her own pride/ignorance and her allowance of her subjects shunning Luna's night led to the birth of Nightmare Moon.
- Heroic Second Wind: After nearly breaking from being on the receiving end of Tyrantlestia's "The Reason You Suck" Speech, Celestia gets her confidence back when she hears her subjects, friends, and loved ones cheer her on and encourage her never to give up. This is what allowed Celestia to give Tyrantlestia her own "The Reason You Suck" Speech and kill her while the evil Tulpa was suffering a Villainous Breakdown.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: It's noted that Celestia is far more powerful than she normally let's on. This is due to the fact her power set tends to risk a lot of collateral damage when she completely let's loose. Chrysalis, Poena, and Tyrantlestia all found out the hard way what happens when she stops holding back. Her Magic Wand Sol Mane was designed to remedy this problem by focusing her power so it's less destructive to everything around her.
- Immortal Ruler: An "Ascendant deity", and one of two Alicorn Princesses who rule Equestria.
- Mama Bear: After learning of Blueblood's emotional abuse at the hooves of his birth parents, she immediately decided to adopt him as her nephew. When said birth parents protested, she made it clear that mistreatment of foals will not be tolerated under her roof, and not only had her Day Guards escort them out, she also rendered House Platinum itself Persona Non Grata in her court.Blueblood's mother: You can't just take our son!
Celestia: You're right, I can't. Or rather, I could, but I would never... but I can have the entire child services department do an in depth investigation of your parenting and little Blueblood's home life. And they have declared it, and I quote, an 'incredibly toxic and abusive environment unfit to raise any child.' There is a very long, detailed list of transgressions in their report, which I have read several dozen times to ensure I was not misreading it. My assistant will provide you with the complete transcript. A proper trial will of course happen, but with the evidence provided it has already been declared that Blueblood spending another moment in your home would be detrimental to his mental and spiritual well-being. I suggest you hire a good lawyer.
- Magic Wand: She gets one crafted by Princess Magicum called Sol Mane. Unlike with Twilight, however, it's not for boosting her power, but focusing it so she can use it effectively without collateral damage, a problem she's had for a long time.
- Mr. Exposition: The Changeling Courts series was Celestia explaining to Twilight the history of Changelingkind, as well as its society and culture.
- Must Make Amends: Celestia feels guilty over mistakes she has made in the past than she lets on, such as the Nightmare Moon incident, and Tyrantlestia's calling her out reopened old wounds. Crystal Prism assures her that the fact she's able to feel regret for her own mistakes is a good sign, as not feeling regret for it is a sign of something bad.
- Noble Wolf: The events of Ōkami happened because Celestia took on the form of a white wolf, Amaterasu, to avoid detection by Orochi.
- No-Sell: Balefire attempts to incinerate her with his radioactive flames. Given she's the goddess of what amounts to a giant flaming fusion reactor, she isn't even inconvenienced. Shadow Sentinel is quick to lampshade how dumb of an idea that was.
- Oh, Crap!: She gasps when Luna accidentally reveals that Chrysalis is not the only Changeling Queen in Equus.
- Outliving One's Offspring: Due to being a goddess, she secretly fears outliving Blueblood, who is her adoptive nephew and a mortal unicorn Prince-Regent. Luminiferous agrees to help Blueblood Ascend, but makes it clear that the journey to divinity must be made on Blueblood's own volition, as he can't hold his hoof all the way.
- Parental Substitute: She adopted a young Blueblood as his nephew after learning of his birth parents' emotional abuse and served as his mother figure since then. As a result, Blueblood prefers her over his birth parents, to the point where he regards her as his "true" parent.
- Parting Words Regret: Her last interaction with her son Terrae for over a thousand years was him chewing her and Luna/Nightmare Moon out for letting their falling out reach the point it did. This hit her hard, as not only did she lose her sister, she lost a son.
- Persona Non Grata: After learning of Blueblood's parents' emotional abuse, she adopted him as her nephew and had her Day Guards escort said parents out when they protested, on the reasoning that no one should ever mistreat a foal under her roof. She also had House Platinum permanently exiled from her court presumably for the same reason.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Celestia is extremely powerful, capable of blowing a hole through and flash frying a Krakken in one hit. Given the sun is effectively a giant fusion reactor, this is understandable. However, this also makes her normally have to hold back by astronomic margins due to the potential destruction she could cause. This was why she got her Magic Wand Sol Mane: it acts as a focuser allowing her to use her power more effectively without destroying everything in the area.
- Rage Against the Mentor: Was on the receiving end of this by Twilight, who was furious that she knew about Chrysalis yet didn't do anything much aside from imprisoning her and her hive in a volcano with little to no security. Celestia doesn't fault her for being angry.
- Really 700 Years Old: She and Luna are actually significantly older than they appear to be, as when they left the Alicorn Civilization's sanctuary realms, they had their memories mostly wiped and a large amount of their true power suppressed.
- Remember When You Blew Up a Sun?: In his attempt to encourage Celestia and make her feel better after her ordeal with Tyrantlestia, Crystal Prism brought up a few of her accomplishments such as her victories over Discord, Orochi, and the Kraken that Luminiferous and Queen Dazzleglow told him stories about.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: As a Princess, Celestia is quite capable of ruling and kicking ass. She played a very important role in the first defeat of Yamata no Orochi, taking on the form of Amaterasu to help fight him.
- Telepathy: During the first great battle with Yamata no Orochi, Celestia telepathically pleaded for Nightmare Moon to lend her the power of the Moon so Orochi could be defeated, or else the Neighponese ponies will come to see the night as a symbol of evil and terror. Whether it was out of a desire for love and respect or Luna influencing her, Nightmare Moon accepted, leading to Orochi's defeat.
- Superpowered Evil Side: As in canon, she has a potential one in Daybreaker. While she's never assumed this form, she has pretended to show the Poenan Pantheon why they shouldn't push her to adopt their philosophy. The end result is implied to be Superman vs. the Elite levels of terrifying.
- Top God: She was once the leader of the Equestrian Pantheon, but she felt that her student, Princess Twilight Sparkle, would fill the leadership role better as she herself was never suited for it. To that end, she engineered things so Twilight Sparkle would Ascend to true godhood and inherit her mentor's position as leader of both Equestria and its local pantheon, as Twilight Sparkle turned out to be far more talented and inclined in leadership.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: After her ordeal with Tyrantlestia, Celestia's self-confidence is at an all-time low. Crystal Prism makes her feel better by reminding her of her deeds and accomplishments, as well as how she helped Equestria and her friends by raising the Sun every day and being there for them when they're in some kind of trouble.
Luna, the Nightbringer
Divine Classification: Ascendant
Portfolio: Moon, Night, Dreams
The Alicorn goddess of the Moon and Night, and Celestia's younger sister.
- Adaptation Species Change: Slight one: in Codex, her canon design is a disguise due to her insecurity. Her true form uses the Night Ponies rather than their diurnal counterparts as in canon.
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: Using her dream-walking powers, she can access the mind of others through their subconsciousness. Unfortunately, what she finds are often things many people are better off not knowing.
- Civil War: Implied. Unlike canon, which depicted a magical sisterly spat, Luna's rebellion as Nightmare Moon led to a bloody war between her faction and Celestia's faction.
- Deity of Human Origin: Implied; she's described as an "Ascendant Deity", which would mean she was once a mortal pony before she ascended.
- Dream Walker: Like in canon, she's able to enter and traverse through the dreams of sapient beings, including ponies. This proved handy when she teamed up with Tenya, the Abyssinian goddess of Sleep, to defeat a powerful dream demon going by the name of "Night Terror".
- Dream Weaver: As the Alicorn of Night and Dreams, Luna has the power to influence the dreams of sapient beings. This came in handy while fighting Night Terror, a powerful dream demon.
- The Extremist Was Right: Luna turned out to be right on the money when she believes members of the aristocracy, the military and political factions in Equestrian society who opposed reforms or rejected Equestria's values of Friendship/Harmony required a more forceful approach to be dealt with, when an alliance of them pulled a coup in Canterlot to overthrow the Equestrian Crowns after they realize the Princesses and Equestrian society will never accommodate them. Luckily, Luna and others had seen this coming and made plans to foil and purge them all, perhaps even counting on them making this move to give them the excuse they need to finally pull it off.
- Fallen Hero: As Nightmare Moon, like in canon. Once she was defeated and redeemed by the Elements of Harmony, she became good again. As many Codexverse entries have noted, many gods and goddesses she had befriended (particularly those who have similar portfolios as her) were saddened and heartbroken to discover that she had become a Nightmare, but were overjoyed upon hearing of her purification and redemption by the Mane Six.
- Fighting from the Inside: Another speculated reason why Luna chose to help Celestia defeat Yamata no Orochi. During her imprisonment on the moon as Nightmare Moon, her good self was starting to resurface, which moved her to answer Celestia's pleas for help.
- Good Is Not Nice: Although benevolent and just, Luna is notably much more militant and hardline when it comes dealing with problems than her much more diplomatic and guiding elder sister, serving as the steel glove counterpart to counterbalance Celestia's velvet glove. To note, her solution to the problem of the reactionary, corrupt and incompetent elites and nobility who were blocking reforms is a good old-fashioned purge, which she launched with her and the Crowns' subordinates right after the 'Canterlot Coup' - which included aristocratic members among the conspirators - was foiled and the 'Second Equestrian Civil War' begins. She's also explicitly the one who runs the Equestrian military, and part of the reason for its poor performance is Celestia having to take on the role (which by her own admission, she simply isn't suited for) due to her fall.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Her motivation for turning into Nightmare Moon, after she was overwhelmed with bitter jealousy over her subjects shunning her night while worshiping Celestia. It's speculated in-universe that, when Celestia asked her for help against Yamata no Orochi, she lent her power so the people of Neighpon could continue to revere the night instead of fearing it as a twisted symbol of evil.
- Immortal Ruler: An "Ascendant deity", and one of two Alicorn Princesses who rule Equestria.
- Oh, Crap!: She has a moment when she accidentally reveals that Changelingkind does exist, and Chrysalis is not the only Changeling Queen in Equus.
- The Purge: Being more militant and hardline than her sister, this was her proposed solution to the problem of the corrupt, decadent and reactionary gentry and anypony else who are a threat to Equestria's values and society as well as holding Equestria back from reforms necessary to make it a fairer, stronger and better nation well-prepared to face future crises, believing the good 'old-fashioned' method works better than her elder sister's more gradual and diplomatic approach. She actually managed to plan and execute it, right after the 'Canterlot Coup' shows those members of nobility, military and political factions who opposed reform or turned their back on Friendship/Harmony would never compromise or make way, which she had anticipated.
- Really S Even Hundred Years Old: She and Celestia are actually significantly older than they appear to be, as when they left the Alicorn Civilization's sanctuary realms, they had their memories mostly wiped and a large amount of their true power suppressed.
- Restoration of Sanity: As in canon, Luna was purified of her madness and corruption as Nightmare Moon by the Elements of Harmony thanks to Twilight Sparkle and her friends.
- Saying Too Much: Accidentally lets slip to Twilight in defending Celestia that there are other Changelings like Queen Chrysalis.Luna: Now that is most unfair, Twilight Sparkle! My sister hath in fact did everything in her power to learn of Chrysalis and her swarms' whereabouts, and had plans in place in case she returned. But if theres one thing changelings do well, it is hiding from the eyes of others, and knowing Chrysalis, I wouldn't be surprised if the others couldn't find - ! (She realizes what she just said and covers her mouth)
Twilight: Wait, 'others'? What did you mean, others? I thought Queen Chrysalis and her changelings were... the only... (Her eyes widen as she realizes what this means) But... she isnt the only Queen, isn't she? And neither is her swarm the only swarm...
- Wham Line: "The time has come. Execute Operation Sixty-Six."note
Divine Classification: Ascendant
The Alicorn goddess of Love, and the current ruler of the Crystal Empire. Her husband is Shining Armor, the Prince-Regent of the Crystal Empire, which would make Princess Twilight Sparkle, Shining's younger sister, her younger sister-in-law by marriage.
- The Ace: Implied; she's mentioned to be one of few "prodigy" deities that exist on Equus, and her immense potential shows in her wings, which already bear a magical purple-colored gradient despite Alicorns normally taking longer to grow one. It's later revealed in a canonized Codexverse drabble that a major factor in this is her hybrid heritage as the daughter of Amareros, the Grand Primeval god of Love, and a Crystal Pony mare.
- Adult Fear: Celestia mentions to Luminiferous that Cadence had to deal with the Crystal Empire's nobility treating Shining Armor like glorified "throne candy" whose only purpose is to make the Princess look good and be a Baby Factory to give his wife female heirs. And because she's an Alicorn goddess, she also had to deal with the possibility of outliving her mortal family members.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Implied. While she and Blueblood are very close, she often teases him with, in Blueblood's words, "her obnoxious humor".
- Batman Grabs a Gun: Being a Love Goddess and generally wanting to see the best in others, she's naturally adverse to killing and would rather capture or contain her enemies. However, by the end of the "Dark Ages Crisis", Chrysalis has proven she has no interest in changing and won't stop threatening Equestria and Cadence's loved ones so long as she's alive. Thus, Cadence enters their final fight with full intention of killing her.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: She delivered this to Fikiri, the Abyssinian goddess of Love, after she tried to absorb her power and portfolio in order to avenge her divine dethronement. Cadence was noted to have sent Fikiri running away with her tail between her legs.
- Deity of Human Origin: Implied; she's described as an "Ascendant Deity", which would mean she was once a mortal pony before she ascended (if Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell is to go by, Cadence was once a pegasus). It turns out she was originally a Demi-Goddess born from Amareros and a mortal Pegasus named Crystal Ballad, something she was unaware of. However, Prismia had drained her divine half without either realizing it, so she did indeed defeat her and ascend while completely mortal.
- Divine Parentage: She's an Ascendant Alicorn goddess who sired Flurry Heart with Shining Armor. Later, it's revealed that her father is actually Amareros, the Love Primeval, something she was unaware of for a long time.
- The Empath: Implied. Cadence has empathy that inspires feelings of tame affection, where as the Jotunn Elske, a fellow love goddess, inspires hotblooded passion.
- It's mentioned by Celestia that when Blueblood started putting on his facades, she took it very hard because her empathy would register a lot of emotions from him, except she had difficulty figuring out which ones were fabricated and which ones were real.
- Celestia also mentions that Cadence could feel the contempt the Crystal Empire's nobility have for Shining Armor, seeing him as nothing but a glorified stallion whose only purpose is to produce female heirs and make the Princess look good.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Unknown to her until recently, she's not a pure Alicorn, but actually an Alicorn/Grand Primeval hybrid.
- Happily Married: To Shining Armor, like in canon.
- The High Queen: Though not an Empress as it had been traditionally, Cadence still rules benevolently her empire as a Crystal Empress should.
- Immortal Ruler: An "Ascendant deity". While she's technically not part of Equestria due to ruling the Crystal Empire, she's still immortal.
- Like Brother and Sister: Despite being adoptive cousins, she and Blueblood behave like "surrogate siblings" as if they're related by blood. It's mentioned in Blueblood's profile that Cadence likes to tease him with her obnoxious humor.
- Love Goddess: She's the Alicorn of Love. It's implied that she has magical empathy as typical of someone with her station, though unlike the Jotunn goddess Elske, who embodies hotblooded passion, Cadence embodies tame affection.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Justified. Her father, Amareros, had sired many children with all races so he could keep himself connected to the mortals he helps, creating scores upon scores of paternal half-siblings for Cadence. Among them are her oldest half-brother, Canteros, the god of Requited Love and Reconciliation, and her half-sister Amour-De-Soi, the Alicorn goddess of Self-Love/Esteem.
- Missing Mom: Justified. Her mortal mother, Crystal Ballad, sacrificed herself to save her daughter from a lynch mob of tribalists by hiding her in a bush, and leading the mob away from her. When Amareros, the Love Primeval, discovered this, he was very angry towards his lover's killers and punished them for their bigotry and hatred.
- Parental Abandonment: She was an orphan who was found in a forest as a child, and subsequently adopted by a loving family. As it turns out, her mortal mother, Crystal Ballad, sacrificed herself to lead a lynch mob of Tribalists away from her and her father Amareros, the Love Primeval decided to let her have the love of her adopted family and husband without his interference for most of her life.
- Physical God: An immortal Alicorn/Grand Primeval hybrid Princess whose domain is Love.
- Related in the Adaptation: She's a daughter of Amareros, who is an Expy of the Greek Love god Eros back when he was depicted as an ancient, primeval deity. In canon, they had no such connections.
- The Straight and Arrow Path: Amareros had intended to give her a bow like himself and many of his children possess before she was separated. When he finally revealed to her he was her father, he gives it to her, causing it to magically grow to fit her size.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Celestia mentions to Luminiferous that because she's an Alicorn, Cadence has to deal with the possibility of eventually outliving both Shining Armor and Blueblood.
Princess Amicitia Sparkle Equestria, the Spark of Friendship/Princess Twilight Sparkle, the Bearer of Magic
Divine Classification: Ascendant/Ethereal
Portfolio: Friendship, Magic, Happy Endings
Rank: Godling; formerly a demigoddess
"Friendship and harmony are not easy, but they are still worth fighting for!"
Princess Amicitia Sparkle Equestira, born "Twilight Sparkle" (her entry here) is the Alicorn goddess of Friendship, Magic, and Happy Endings, and the previous Bearer of the Element of Magic. She was once a unicorn and Celestia's prized student until she Ascended.
- Adult Fear:
- When she and Apple Bloom went to the Everfree Forest on an errand for Zecora, Twilight was trying to remove some logs that mysteriously blocked their path, only to find Apple Bloom missing after she finished. When she finally found the filly, she was so happy that she didn't get mad at Apple Bloom for wandering off, only feeling relief that she was safe.
- In one incident, she and Spike were targeted for assassination by the tribalist Children of Platinum faction. Fortunately, Blueblood's intervention and foresight saved them both, but she, Spike, as well as her friends were left shaken by the ordeal.
- Her friend, Rainbow Dash, had her wings magically amputated by a trio of selfish and entitled unicorns, Decepticolt, Zappityhoof, and Goldencap, so they could turn themselves into Alicorns at her expense, which would potentially cripple Rainbow forever, and didn't give a damn about what they were doing to her. Understandably, Twilight was immensely angered by this and indefinitely stripped them of their magic, though she wasn't able to take them to the proper authorities because she got caught up in Rainbow Dash's reaction to getting her wings back, allowing Decepticolt, Zappityhoof, and Goldencap to escape.
- She had an emotional breakdown when she discovered that her Ascension partially inspired Noble Grace and Bubbling Beaker to experiment on countless Pony foals and teenagers in their attempts to usher a "new age" for Ponykind, leading to thousands of deaths and loss of magic in many more in the Grittish Isles when the experiments corrupted a unicorn colt into a monster, and ultimately the death and revival/Ascension of Crystal Prism. Her guilt over being an Unwitting Instigator of Doom was so great that she considered it to be best for everyone if she hadn't earned her wings in the first place. However, what stopped her downward spiral into depression and guilt is her mother, Twilight Velvet, who snapped her out of it and assured her that regardless of what happened, she still did a lot of good things on Equus and nothing will ever change that.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Equestrian Alicorn goddess who embodies Friendship, Magic, and Happy Endings. This parallels her Ascension as the goddess of Friendship, Magic, and Happy Endings and a member of the "Major Arcana" Alicorns in the Pony POV Series.
- Blue Is Heroic: Her entry describes her hair as having a dark sapphire-blue color, with purple and rose-colored stripes going through both her mane and tail. She's also a hero of Equestria, a magical prodigy, a member of the Mane Six, and a very powerful Alicorn Princess who eventually succeeded Celestia and Luna as ruler of Equestria.
- The Chosen One: She's the chief candidate to become 'She Who Will Unite Us All', one of three beings required to break the Cycle, according to the prophecy made by the Church of the Stars. In her case, it's notable since she was explicitly named by said prophecy, while the identities of the other two were left vague.
- Deity of Human Origin:
- As in canon, she went from being a mortal unicorn to an Alicorn after she finished Starswirl's unfinished Cutie Mark spell. Unfortunately, she would become afflicted with heavy guilt when she learned that her Ascension inspired Noble Grace and Bubbling Beaker to experiment on many Pony foals and teenagers in their attempts to discover the secrets of Ascension and Alicornhood, leading to tremendous losses of magic in the Grittish Isles and ultimately the "birth" of Crystal Prism. Her mother, Twilight Velvet, would snap her out of it by pointing out that constantly blaming herself, especially for things she actually wasn't responsible for, wouldn't solve anything, and assure her that she still did a lot of good things in the world regardless of the tragedies she unwittingly caused.
- During the battle against the League of Domination, she would Ascend to true divinity as a "Godling" while her friends and a massive influx of allies brought over by students of her Friendship School gave her time to come into her divine station and channel the Elements of Harmony, despite their physical forms being destroyed at the time.
- De-Power: Invoked. As the Alicorn goddess of Magic, she has the ability to strip someone of their magic indefinitely, especially as a way to punish them for abusing magic, though her entry notes that she only reserves this as a punishment for the worst types of criminals. This is what she did to the villainous unicorn trio Decepticolt, Zappityhoof, and Goldencap, having been rightly enraged by their action of magically amputating Rainbow Dash's wings so they could use them to turn themselves into Alicorns at the pegasus mare's expense.
- Foil: To King Aspen: Both of them are prodigy students who became Godlings after doing good deeds under the mentoring of flawed but still well-meaning and wise mentors, who both Aspen and Twilight/Amicitia saw as their parental figures. However, whereas Princess Celestia was able to instill benevolence and compassion into her student and mold Twilight/Amicitia into the noble Princess of Friendship she eventually became, High King Irminsul's toxic mentality influenced Aspen into becoming just as close-minded, self-righteous, xenophobic, and generally unpleasant to others, despite being a good ruler to his subjects and a good parent/husband to his family.
- Friendly Rivalry: It's mentioned that she and Prince Crimson Star have a friendly rivalry, due to being intelligent and powerful demi-divine (initially in her case) royals.
- Heroic BSoD:
- She discovers to her horror that her Ascension into Alicornhood partially inspired Noble Grace and Bubbling Beaker to perform horrific experiments on Pony foals and teenagers in order to replicate the Ascension process for the rest of Ponykind, ultimately leading to the "birth" of Crystal Prism. She is so afflicted with guilt afterwards that she wishes she never earned her wings at all, until her mother, Twilight Velvet, snaps her out of this mindset by informing her that blaming herself for something that isn't even her fault isn't going to help anyone.
- She's also horrified and disgusted when Kúzelník tells her the reasons why he ran away from the Elternteil Deer Pantheon and sought protection in the Church of the Stars, including what his father, High King Irminsul, had done to his then-unborn younger brother.Princess Twilight/Amicitia Sparkle: He... He purified his own son? In the WOMB? When his son wasn't even evil to BEGIN WITH?! That- That's just HORRIBLE! I- I... Oh sweet Celestia, I think I need a moment...
- Heroic Lineage: Her mother, Duchess Twilight Velvet, is a badass and powerful Magic Knight, and a very intelligent mare who's really good at hiding her true character and capabilities until it's time for her to strike. Her father, Duke Gypsy Night Light, is Canterlot's Royal Astronomer/Astrologer who was instated during the reigns of Princesses Celestia and Luna, and a powerful Seer and The Archmage with a large arsenal of both magical and psychic abilities (though a Squishy Wizard in terms of physical combat). Going farther back, it's revealed that through her mother, she is descended from Twilight of Paradise Estate and Twilight the Wisher, while through her father, she is descended from Gypsy Wheel, who was a Court Seer and friend of Queen Majesty when the latter was alive, all from the First Age. She's also a descendant of Clover Bloom of the "Tales Seven" through one of her children, making her a very distant relative of the Alicorn god Prince Shamrock, as Shamrock is asexual and thus never had children.
- Immortal Ruler: She was an 'Ascendant demigod' Princess for much of the Codexverse, as was in canon, and technically, Ponyville is seen by visiting royal mortal/divine dignitaries as Twilight's territory. Later on, she would become the official ruler of Equestria itself after she Ascends as an Alicorn Godling during the "League of Domination Crisis", and Princesses Celestia and Luna abdicate the throne in order to make way for her, having intended her to be their successor all along. To symbolize her transformation into an official ruling Princess, she would be renamed 'Princess Amicitia Sparkle Equestria', as ancient Alicorn traditions dictated that full-fledged Alicorn royalty must take the name of the country they're ruling over as part of their names.
- It's All My Fault: Twilight Velvet's entry reveals that she blamed herself for Crystal Prism's "birth", because her Ascension partially inspired Noble Grace and Bubbling Beaker to conduct horrific experiments on foals and teenagers to mass-produce Alicorns for a "new age" for Ponykind. A canonized Codexverse drabble expands on this; not only does she feel she has blood on her hooves for the deaths/ruination of Noble Grace and Bubbling Beaker's victims, she also feels guilty for not preventing the deaths and loss of magic in thousands of Grittish Isle residents after Crystal Prism - then Page Wheel - went on a rampage as a magic-eating monster, or protecting Crystal Prism himself from the trauma of dying and reviving/Ascending. She even states that she couldn't bring herself to look at the Alicorn demigod without remembering what happened to him out of guilt, and thinks that everyone would be better off if she hadn't earned her wings and title as Princess. Her mother, Twilight Velvet, would snap her out of this by pointing out that constantly blaming herself, especially over something she didn't do, isn't going to solve anything, and then assure her that she still did her best and nothing would ever change that.
- Karmic Jackpot: Invoked.
- To reward Prince Healing Song for all the good things he did for the Church of the Stars and for being a good friend to Spike, she helped Princess Magicum craft a Magic Staff named Medela Lux, which she shortly gave to Healing Song. It's noted that she also wanted to cheer him up once his fears of becoming evil like War Rock came to light. She then helped teach Healing Song how to use his new staff when he expressed confusion over using it compared to his old staff.Prince Healing Song: Twilight...? What's this for?
Princess Amicitia Sparkle Equestria: It's for you. As a gift.
Prince Healing Song: But I already have a staff.
Princess Amicitia Sparkle Equestria: I know. But you've done a lot of good things for everyone and I wanted to thank you on behalf of the Church. Also, you've been a really good friend to Spike, and he speaks about you a lot. I want to thank you for that, too.
Prince Healing Song: Ah. You're welcome, Twilight. I'm just not sure if I'll be able to use this like I did my other staff.
Princess Amicitia Sparkle Equestria: Oh, don't worry. I'll help you with that. It took me a while to get used to my own staff, so you're not the only one.
- To pay Blue Suede Heartstrings/Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria back for being a good friend to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy/Queen Gaia Posey I, she legalized his mortal followers, the Blue Bards, as an official religion.Princess Amicitia Sparkle Equestria: Thank you so much for being a good friend to Shy and Dashie, Blue. I remember hearing you telling them quite a few stories of your past adventures.
Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria: Ah, hehe, yer quite welcome, ma'am. Ah try mah best t' look after the girls.
Princess Amicitia Sparkle Equestria: I know you do. And please, call me Twilight.
- To reward Prince Healing Song for all the good things he did for the Church of the Stars and for being a good friend to Spike, she helped Princess Magicum craft a Magic Staff named Medela Lux, which she shortly gave to Healing Song. It's noted that she also wanted to cheer him up once his fears of becoming evil like War Rock came to light. She then helped teach Healing Song how to use his new staff when he expressed confusion over using it compared to his old staff.
- Magic Staff: After the Council of Friendship lost their first fight with Sekra, Amicitia gets one of these called Arcane Nova, made by the Goddess of Wand Making, Princess Magicum, herself, to enhance her power.
- The Magnificent:
- Her old epithet was "the Bearer of Magic", which refers to her former status as bearer of the Element of Magic, enhancing her already powerful magic.
- Her new epithet upon becoming the sole de facto ruler of Equestria is "the Spark of Friendship", which refers to how she 'sparks' friendships in people by encouraging them to befriend others.
- Meaningful Rename: Her birth name was 'Twilight Sparkle'. After inheriting the throne from Celestia and Luna and becoming the sole de facto ruler of Equestria (a position she was groomed for by her mentors), she would be renamed 'Princess Amicitia Sparkle Equestria'. Amicitia translates to 'friendship' in Latin which, combined with Sparkle, refers to how she 'sparks' and encourages friendships in others, befitting her new epithet as "the Spark of Friendship". The addition of 'Equestria' to her new name refers to how she rules over Equestria now, which stems from an ancient Alicorn tradition where Alicorns adopt the name of the country they're ruling over into their own names upon becoming full-fledged royalty.
- Mutants: Here, she is a "So Soft Pony", having inherited a mutant gene from her mother where her fur is somewhat thicker and much softer than normal. This can provide her a natural armor. Her entry notes that while she isn't exceptionally skilled with using her mutation yet, she does have the potential to become such, especially since she's a Alicorn goddess and thus has more power than a normal Pony with the same "So Soft" gene.
- Purple Is Powerful: She's born with a lavender pelt. She's also a very intelligent and talented mage to the point where she's considered a prodigy, and because of this, both her physical and magical growth as an Alicorn goddess are accelerated faster than the growth of a normal deity.
- Rage Against the Mentor: She rips into Celestia for knowing of Chrysalis and her hive, yet doing almost nothing about it. While the inaction regarding Timbucktu's destruction was justified with Equestria's recovery from the Nightmare Moon incident and civil wars, Celestia decided to seal Chrysalis inside a volcano instead of Tartarus because the latter's toxic effects of its malice and hatred, and left it with the barest minimum of security. This allowed a Giant Wyrm (which happened on the volcano) to carve into the volcano easily and letting Chrysalis escape. Celestia couldn't exactly fault Twilight for being so angry with her poor decisions.
- Related in the Adaptation: Since Codex Equus does a lot of Canon Welding, she's revealed to be a descendant of the First Age's Twilight the Wisher and Twilight of Paradise Estate through her mother, Twilight Velvet. She's also the descendant of Clover Bloom of the "Tales Seven" through one of her children, making her a very distant relative of Prince Shamrock Bloom, the Alicorn god of Luck, Dance, and Prophecy.
- Seers: As the Alicorn goddess of Happy Endings, she has precognitive abilities. While the domain of Happy Endings hasn't been entirely explored yet, Luminiferous believes that it gives her a "subconscious foresight" that allows her to see and guide her towards happy endings to terrible conflicts. It's later revealed that precognitive abilities are common in her father's side of the family, as she is a paternal descendant of First-Age prophetess Gypsy Wheel through Gypsy Night Light.
- Semi-Divine: She spent much of the Codexverse (and by extension, the canon show) living as an Alicorn demigoddess after she Ascended. During the battle with the League of Domination, she would Ascend to true godhood while her friends (and a massive influx of allies brought over by students of her Friendship School) gave her time to come into her divine station and channel the Elements of Harmony, despite their physical forms being destroyed at the time.
- Spanner in the Works: She was revealed to have played an important role in the defeat and purification of Final Epoch when Twilight's act of finishing Starswirl's unfinished Cutie Mark spell allowed Queen Dazzleglow to find a loophole in Final Epoch's powers. Had it not happened, Final Epoch would have become powerful enough to "fix" timelines as she pleases and Retgone anyone she perceived as a threat.
- Top God: After Ascending to true godhood, she would later replace Celestia as leader of the Equestrian Pantheon, as Celestia felt her student was more talented at leadership than she is, and engineered things so she would step down to make way for Twilight/Amicitia.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Her Ascension as the Alicorn goddess of Magic and Friendship was what partially gave Noble Grace hope that Ponykind can become deities just like her, which led to the deaths and/or ruination of many Pony foals and teenagers at Noble Grace's hooves. It also directly led to the loss of magic in thousands of people after a corrupted unicorn foal rampaged through the Grittish Isles as a magic-eating monster, and ultimately the "birth" of the Alicorn demigod, Crystal Prism. Twilight would freak out and blame herself for it upon discovering this, until her mother assured her that she still did her best and nothing would ever change that.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: When she started blaming herself for what happened to Crystal Prism and the Grittish Isles, her mother, Twilight Velvet, would effectively tell her this as a way to ebb her daughter's guilt.Duchess Twilight Velvet: You did a lot of good things in this world, Twilight. And nothing is EVER going to change that for me, you, or anyone else.
Princess Flurry Heart
Divine Classification: ???
The Alicorn daughter of Princess Cadence and Shining Armor.
- Divine Parentage: The only daughter and child of Princess Cadence, who was once a mortal until she became an Alicorn. Going further back, she is descended from Amareros, the Grand Primeval god of Love, who is also her great-grandfather.
- Half-Human Hybrid: It turns out she's 1/4 Grand Primeval.
- Heroic Lineage: Her mother, Princess Cadence, is an Alicorn Love Goddess who was once a mortal, but Ascended by fighting and defeating a witch despite having her Primordial Quintessence stolen. Her father, Shining Armor, is a mortal, magically-powerful unicorn from a famous noble House, a competent military commander and warrior, and the older brother of a "prodigy" Alicorn goddess of Magic. Going further back, she is descended from Amareros, the Grand Primeval god of Love, who is also her great-grandfather.
- Only Child Syndrome: Her parents, Cadence and Shining Armor, wanted to avert this by offering Blueblood to let them adopt Léon as their son, so Flurry Heart wouldn't grow up alone when she has a brother to hang out with. Blueblood ultimately refused in favor of taking responsibility and raising Léon by himself. They're okay with it either way.
- Winged Unicorn: Like in canon, she was born as an Alicorn, despite her father being a mortal unicorn.
Prince Léon Blueblood
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Innocence, Trust, Altruism
"I never would had imagined my double-life would take a life of its own, let alone Ascend at the moment of conception!"
— Prince Blueblood, on his (adopted) son Prince Léon
Prince Léon Blueblood (his entry here) is the Equestrian pantheon's newest addition, and a mysterious oddity that ultimately proved to be a beneficial force.
Léon was found as a baby by Steel Heart, a lone Day Guard, who heard crying in the Canterlot royal gardens and discovered what looked like a snow-white infant unicorn swaddled in a warm blanket. Steel Heart quickly notified Princess Celestia, who took the infant unicorn to Prince Blueblood, noticing the strong similarities between them. However, their shock and confusion increased when they saw that the "unicorn" turned out to be an infant Alicorn, and almost the splitting image of Blueblood save for their hair and eye colors.
Blueblood initially wanted to put Léon up for adoption, fearing that he was incapable of being a father and Léon would eventually be corrupted by Canterlot's nobility just like they did him. His friends and family would each offer to adopt Léon as their son - Princess Cadence and Shining Armor wanted to give their daughter, Princess Flurry Heart, a brother so she wouldn't grow up alone, while Fancy Pants and Fleur-De-Lis wanted to repay Blueblood for saving them during the Storm King Crisis. Even Princess Luna offered to look after Léon, since she adored foals. Blueblood would ultimately choose to take responsibility and raise Léon as his own son, determined to be a better parent than his birth parents were for him.
It was during his time living with Blueblood that Léon's powers would become known. He's an extremely powerful empath, with the ability to detect which peoples were trustworthy. If around unsavory types, he would hide behind Blueblood or any trusted individual, making him an "evil detector" of sorts. During an incident with sensationalist reporters who tried to smear Blueblood's name even further, an upset Léon would unleash an empathy wave that would show said reporters the good, heroic side of his father, causing some of them to regret their actions now they have seen Blueblood's true character. And during his encounters with cursed objects and people, he would purify them unwittingly and accidentally - this would be a huge boon during the "Temptation Unbound" event, where Mr. Hide, the Fallen angel of Ispita the Deceiver, would be defeated by Léon's divine purification and purged from his current host, which would also spell the defeat and death of Ispita's demigod son Dark Illustration, who was left outnumbered and vulnerable to benevolent forces.
Despite the overwhelmingly good reception to Léon, some people see Léon as a potential threat to Equestria's social hierarchy, as they believed that only mares and fillies are capable of becoming Alicorns, which both Luminiferous and the Equestrian Princesses would decry as a load of bunk. The Alicorn toddler would also become the constant target of assassination by both tribalist factions such as the Scions of Hurricane and Children of Platinum, who saw him as a "freak of nature" and a potential divine tyrant, as malicious divines such as Ispita and the Tyrannos pantheon who saw him as a threat to their corrupting influence over mortals. Fortunately, Léon is well-protected by his family and their allies, and his powers make it highly unlikely that he'll be reached by the opposing side - indeed, during one such attack by tribalists, he would unwittingly empower Cadence and Blueblood after laughing at the former's silly faces, allowing them to drive off the tribalist assassins with their strengthened love and water magics, respectively.
Luminiferous believes that Léon is actually the living product of a magical karmic backlash, having seen such an individual in the Changeling/Dragon hybrid goddess, Princess Lampyridae/Firewing. Due to living a duplicitous life for so long, the amount of Blueblood's good deeds would pile up until it resulted in the creation of an Alicorn deity who embodied Blueblood's good traits such as Trust, Innocence, and Altruism. Validating Luminiferous's hypothesis is the fact that since adopting Léon as his son, Blueblood has become kinder, and more honest and trusting in public, causing his Equestrian subjects to slowly warm up to him. Furthermore, it is expected that raising Léon would eventually lead to great things in Blueblood's future, though what exactly is currently unknown.
Despite currently being a young toddler, and the controversies surrounding him, Léon has great potential to become a powerful and heroic divine, which is entirely possible should Blueblood continue raising him the way he is now.
- Adaptational Badass: Played with. While Léon is depicted as a divine Alicorn toddler, with mostly empathy and purification-based powers, he's still an Alicorn toddler, so he's not capable of fighting yet. It's noted that he has a lot of untapped potential that will later manifest itself once he grows older, though.
- Achievements in Ignorance: Justified. Despite purifying a cursed hoof mirror and (accidentally) freeing a pony from being possessed and used as a host by Mr. Hide, he never acknowledged or understood what he did because he's a toddler.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a young Equestrian Alicorn god who embodies Innocence, Trust, and Altruism. He's also the living embodiment of Blueblood's various good deeds given the form of a baby/toddler Alicorn.
- Cheerful Child: His entry describes him as usually being pretty happy and trusting, even as a baby, and due to being an empath, he (unknowingly) makes people feel very relaxed and more open to friendship just by being around him. His behavior is such that whenever he starts hiding behind Blueblood or any trusted figure out of fear, it's usually a sign that there's a shady/malicious person nearby.
- Cower Power: Like most children, he'll hide behind Blueblood, his adoptive father, or anyone he trusts if he senses bad feelings and/or ill intent. Since he's usually so trusting and happy, this trope is a sign that something's very wrong.
- The Cutie: He's the youngest of the Equestrian Alicorns and the Equestrian royal family biologically, and is also an adorable Alicorn baby (and later toddler).
- Detect Evil: Due to being a very young empath, he usually tends to hide behind Blueblood or someone he trusts if he's around people with bad feelings and/or genuine ill intent. Since he's usually so cheerful, Léon's negative change in behavior means that something is wrong, turning him into a walking "evil detector" that has helped the Equestrian royal family do "spring cleaning" with the corrupt nobility numerous times. Blueblood has made it clear, however, that he will not let Léon directly participate in governmental affairs until he's older.
- Emotion Bomb: A variant; unlike Princess Lampyridae/Firewing, he has an empathy wave that's both telepathic and empathetic in nature. When unleashed, it brings out the hidden goodness of a person and shows it to others in the form of living memories, which emerged for the first time during an incident involving Blueblood and a group of vitriolic sensationalist reporters seeking to smear his name even further. It's noted that Léon's ability has various potential effects, such as showing the innocence of a defendant in trial, dispelling bitterness and grief by reminding people of the good things that happened to them in life, and remind villains of what they used to be before their fall.
- The Empath: Much like Princess Lampyridae/Firewing, he has budding empathy powers that instills good feelings, calms agitation and anger, and inspires people to do good things. He can also unleash a telepathic/empathetic wave that brings out the hidden goodness of a person in the form of living memories. Because of this, he tends to liven up parties by creating happy environments simply by attending, and has been used by the royal family to sniff out corrupt nobles and other authority figures (though Blueblood made it clear that he'll not let Léon participate in governmental affairs until he's older).
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Part of his hair is the same blond color as Blueblood's, and he's a very trusting Cheerful Child.
- Happily Adopted: By Prince Blueblood, who is also his biological "father" by all intents and purposes. Since Blueblood doesn't want to follow his emotionally abusive parents' example, Léon ended up becoming a well-adjusted toddler.
- Holy Hand Grenade: He possesses some degree of divine purification, which allows him to purge mundane forms of curses and dark magic. Crystal Prism has noted that they're somewhat similar due to being empathetic divines with the power to cure corruption.
- Once, he purified a cursed hoof mirror designed to enhance the vanity of its user just by touching it. By the time Blueblood and Raven Inkwell arrived, worried out of their minds for him, they found Léon nibbling on the now powerless hoof mirror as if nothing happened.
- He also defeated Mr. Hide by purifying his current host by accident, freeing said host from being possessed.
- Like Father, Like Son: Inverted; it's expected by Luminiferous and other benevolent figures in Blueblood's life that Léon would influence his adoptive father to be more trusting, honest, and kinder like him. It's implied that Blueblood has a great destiny ahead of him, one that he might be able to achieve if he becomes truly compassionate.
- Like Father, Unlike Son: Blueblood participates in duplicity, both as protection and a way to fool the corrupt nobility into thinking he's on their side. Léon is a guileless and trusting Alicorn godling who exposes corruption and duplicity, due to being a young toddler and The Empath.
- Love Redeems: Played with. While Blueblood's already a Nice Guy with a Hidden Heart of Gold, it's expected by both Luminiferous and Blueblood's adoptive family that Léon would help him cast away his masks and gain his innocence back, which is supported by the fact that Blueblood has become much kinder since adopting Léon as his son. Both Luminiferous and Celestia seem to have a special destiny for Blueblood in mind, which is implied to be becoming an Alicorn himself.
- Made of Magic: He's classified as an "Ethereal" deity - it's hypothesized by Luminiferous that the various good things Blueblood has done behind the scenes has resulted in a magical karmic backlash that ultimately created Léon. And since Blueblood has lived a double-life for so long, Léon's birth may be a sign that Blueblood's masks might not be needed anymore.
- Multicolored Hair: His entry describes him as having Blueblood's hair color, but with sky-blue streaks added in, making it look like a clear sunny day as opposed to Celestia's hair, which reflects a morning sunrise.
- The One Guy: Played with; while there are male members of the Equestrian pantheon, most of them are Draconequui, and their half of the pantheon is balanced in terms of gender. The Alicorn half, however, had been all female prior to Léon's birth, making him the only male Alicorn.
- OOC Is Serious Business: He's usually very trusting and happy, so seeing him hide behind Blueblood or someone he trusts out of fear (or in worst-case scenarios, having a meltdown) means that someone nearby is bearing ill intent.
- Oral Fixation: As a baby, he would constantly put things in his mouth for him to nibble on, which includes hair and other objects. Justified since, obviously, he's a baby/toddler, and nibbling on things are how young kids tend to learn.
- Strong Family Resemblance: He's noted by his entry to be almost Blueblood's splitting image in all but hair and eyes, having the same white pelt and compass rose Cutie Mark, but having an ethereal mane and tail with blue streaks in his hair and a darker blue eye color. Justified, as he was the result of the magical karmic backlash that came from all of Blueblood's good deeds, making him his "biological" son for all intents and purposes.
- Super Empowering: As the embodiment of Trust, he has the power to enhance people's existing powers, which entirely depends on how deeply he trusts them. This came in handy during an attack on Canterlot by the Scions of Hurricane, where Léon spontaneously empowered both Cadence and Blueblood after laughing at the former's silly faces, allowing the royal adoptive cousins to use their respective love and water magics on a much larger and finer scale (once they both got over the initial confusion).
- Winged Unicorn: He's an Alicorn toddler. Unlike most examples, he's a godling that came into being because of the karmic backlash that came from the abundance of good things Blueblood has done over the years, despite his Hidden Heart of Gold, rather than being a mortal equine who Ascended.
- Would Hurt a Child: Has been on the receiving end on this trope multiple times. Various tribalist factions see him as a freak of nature and a divine tyrant in the making due to being an Alicorn, while evil/corrupt deities like Ispita and the Tyrannos pantheon both see him as a threat and a potential ally if he were to be corrupted, since his unique magic can be used as a wheel to spread their corruption on a wider scale. Fortunately, both Blueblood and various benevolent figures are very willing to protect Léon, with Celestia and Luna making it very clear that if anyone tries to go after Léon, they will be severely punished.
Princess Gold Lily, the Flame of Togetherness
Divine Classification: Ascendant/Ethereal
Portfolio: Togetherness, Fire, Light
"Let us light a flame of friendship, together!"
Princess Gold Lily (her entry here) is the Alicorn demi-goddess of Togetherness, Fire, and Light, and is the older fraternal twin sister of Princess Sterling.
- Adaptational Badass: She and her sister Sterling originated as explosive toyline characters with very little information provided for them. Here in the Codexverse, Gold Lily is Celestia's new student after Twilight graduated and became an Alicorn and eventually becomes a junior Princess.
- Age Lift: Gold Lily's canon toy uses Celestia's model, and thus a fully grown Alicorn. Here she's actually younger than Twilight is.
- Always Identical Twins: Subverted; she and Sterling were born fraternal twin sisters, with her as the older twin. Gold Lily has a gold pelt, a multi-colored blue, pink, and purple mane and tail, and a blue Cutie Mark depicting a pair of hearts intertwined within two circles. After Ascending to demi-godhood, she gained pink wings that is noted to be part of a hereditary birthmark common in her family line. Meanwhile, Sterling has a light purple coat, a rainbow-colored mane and tail, and a Cutie Mark depicting a white diamond with light radiating off of it. After Ascending to demi-godhood, she gained dark blue wings that is noted to be part of a hereditary birthmark common in her family line.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Equestrian Alicorn demi-goddess who embodies Togetherness, Fire, and Light.
- Big Brother Instinct: Upon learning that her unwitting neglect of her own sister, as well as her unawareness of Sterling being shunned by their subjects for not being like her, nearly caused Sterling to become corrupted like Luna was, she was horrified. She then vowed to make sure that Sterling always gets the love and respect she deserved, while also punishing those who decide to shun and mistreat Sterling for not being outgoing or successful as her older twin.
- Fusion Dance: She's able to merge things together, including people, into stronger beings. She normally merges with her twin sister. However, at present she can only do it once a day for five minutes. It's also a Two Beings, One Body version of it.
- Hour of Power: She can only maintain her fusion ability for five minutes at a time so far.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Averted, as she and Sterling are fraternal twin sisters, and thus look nothing alike.
- Multicolored Hair: Her mane and tail has blue, pink, and purple colors.
- My God, What Have I Done?: She had been so preoccupied with being Celestia's student, studying magic, and saving Equestria from great threats that she didn't realize she was essentially neglecting Sterling, who was constantly stuck in her shadow while everyone ignored and shunned her for not being like her older twin sister. After learning that Sterling was nearly corrupted by her feelings of bitter envy, she was so horrified that she vowed never to neglect her sister again.Princess Gold Lily: (to Princess Sterling) I'm so sorry, Sterling! I've been so caught up with everything - becoming Celestia's student, studying magic, and helping save Equestria - that I didn't realize that you were suffering in my shadow! That I didn't see how everyone was showering me with praises while leaving you in the dark for not being like me! From now on, I'm going to make sure that our subjects give you the love, respect, and attention that you completely deserve! And if they make you feel bad for being you, they will have to answer to me!
- Related in the Adaptation: There's no indication that Gold Lily and Sterling are related in their toyline. Here, they're fraternal twins, with Gold Lily being slightly older.
- Seers: She specializes in pyromancy, using flames for divination, and was noted for being very talented in it. Post-Ascension, she developed flame-based precognition and observation thanks to Celestia's tutoring.
Princess Sterling, the Frost of Solitude
Divine Classification: Ascendant/Ethereal
Portfolio: Solitude, Ice, Light
"Just because I am cold doesn't mean I don't care."
Princess Sterling (her entry here) is the Alicorn demi-goddess of Solitude, Ice, and Light, and is the younger fraternal twin sister of Princess Gold Lily.
- Adaptation Expansion: Sterling and her sister were originally a pair of toyline exclusive figures with very little information provided on them. Here, Sterling is Luna's student and eventually becomes a junior Princess.
- Age Lift: Her toy uses the same model as Celestia, and thus is an 'adult' Alicorn. Here she's younger than Twilight and only just recently ascended.
- Always Identical Twins: Subverted. She and Gold Lily were born fraternal twin sisters, with her as the younger twin. Sterling has a light purple coat, a rainbow-colored mane and tail, and a Cutie Mark depicting a white diamond with light radiating off of it. After Ascending to demi-godhood, she gained dark blue wings that is noted to be part of a hereditary birthmark common in her family line. Meanwhile, Gold Lily has a gold pelt, a multi-colored blue, pink, and purple mane and tail, and a blue Cutie Mark depicting a pair of hearts intertwined within two circles. After Ascending to demi-godhood, she gained pink wings that is noted to be part of a hereditary birthmark common in her family line.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Equestrian Alicorn demi-goddess who embodies Solitude, Ice, and Light.
- Hour of Power: Her Me's a Crowd power doesn't have a strict time limit, but at present she sticks to five minutes at a time for safety reasons.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Averted, as she and Sterling are fraternal twin sisters.
- Literal Split Personality: How her Me's a Crowd ability manifests: the clones each represent a split off emotion of the one being split. When she first did it, she split off her envy and self-loathing over said envy, allowing her to confront and overcome them.
- Me's a Crowd: She has the ability to split herself or others into up to seven versions of themselves, each representing a different emotion. She can only do it for so long, however, due to a combination of strain and difficulty controlling the copies.
- Multicolored Hair: Her entry describes her mane and tail as being rainbow-colored. While it's normally a sign of being a Rainbow Pony, her rainbow-colored hair is actually the result of her developing light-related powers.
- Mutants: Subverted. Despite having a rainbow-colored mane and tail, her entry notes that she's not a Rainbow Pony; rather, her rainbow hair colors is simply due to her light-related powers.
- Related in the Adaptation: There's no indication that Gold Lily and Sterling are related in their toys, but here they're fraternal twins, with Sterling being slightly younger.
- The Resenter: Deconstructed. Being largely ignored by her subjects for not being like her popular older twin sister, Gold Lily, and Gold Lily herself neglecting her own sister's issues out of ignorance, caused her to develop the same envy and resentment that Luna felt towards Celestia for neglecting her. This came to a head when Gold Lily Ascended to demi-godhood first while Sterling remained mortal after defeating a Hydianite Coven together, causing the latter's feelings of inferiority and resentment to nearly reach their boiling point. Fortunately, Luna recognized what was going on and nipped a potential conflict in the bud by warning her of the consequences of letting her own envy consume her. Sterling would later use Luna's advice to overcome her problems by (accidentally) developing a magical spell that separated her aspects into magical copies of herself during meditation, forcing herself to acknowledge her suppressed emotions as part of her. Gold Lily would also realize the emotional harm/neglect she was unintentionally inflicting on her sister and promised to ensure she receives the attention and respect she deserves.
Princess Fizzy Ponyland, the Princess of Improvisation
Portfolio: Bubbles, Second Nature, Improvisation
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"Well gosh, I forgot what I was gonna do! Time to do other stuff until I remember!"
Princess Fizzy Ponyland (her entry here) is the Alicorn goddess of Bubbles, Second Nature, and Improvisation, and is a member of the Equestrian Pantheon.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: She was once captured by Smellba, who proceeded to torture her for hours via her scent and olfactory magics. By her own admission, it was so awful she eventually sincerely begged the Skunk Witch for mercy.'Princess Fizzy: Smellba? Well gosh, there's a name I wish I could forget! Then again, I suppose that describes a lot of witches! That stinky little witch caught me once, and ugh! My nose still hurts just thinking about it! She said she'd make me beg for mercy, and oh boy did she! PU!
- All Your Powers Combined: After Ascending to godhood under Queen Mzazi's tutelage, she gained the racial powers of all mortal Pony tribes.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Equestrian Alicorn goddess who embodies Bubbles, Second Nature, and Improvisation.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's perpetually friendly, cheerful, happy-go-lucky, and optimistic. Despite living as a slave for a Hydianite warlock to the point of going blind for a time, she never became cynical and brooding for it, and in fact encourages others to remain hopeful and cheerful during times of crisis. However, she can be incredibly intelligent when improvising, and like many Paradise Estate heroes, she won't hesitate to use lethal force on genuinely wicked individuals.
- Immortality Begins at 20: Subverted. Because deities in general only get Stronger with Age, she will only gain more power and eldritch traits as she gets 'older'. As a "Tier IV"-ranked goddess, she possesses both a mane and tail made of blue, pink, and white bubbles, as well as butterfly wings with a gradient going from blue to pink and white. Queen Mzazi states this is normal for Alicorns.
- Magic Hair: After Ascending to godhood, her mane and tail turned into blue, pink, and white bubbles as per her nature as the goddess of Bubbles.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Princess of Improvisation", due to embodying Improvisation and being quite capable of improvising on the fly in general.
- Meaningful Rename: Averted. After Ascending to godhood under Queen Mzazi's tutelage, she declined to take on an Alicorn name as per tradition, instead sticking with her birth name, Fizzy. By her own admission, big words were never her strong suit and she felt that even with a divine memory, she wouldn't be able to remember her new name.
- Multicolored Hair: Her mane and tail were blue, pink, and white. After Ascending, they turned into blue, pink, and white bubbles.
- Teleportation: She's an incredibly adept teleporter, being able to pull off complex maneuvers that many struggle with due to her Don't Think, Feel personality. In addition, she can 'wink out', a form of teleportation that allows her to vanish into another dimension and reappear elsewhere in the physical world. While it bears a shorter range and makes her incapable of moving through solid objects, it can allow her to safely appear partially; the fact that 'winking out' is a lost art makes her unblockable by most wards. This is what landed her in Prince Steel Barricade's laboratory/workshop, and what landed her in Grogar's shadow realm, though with Grogar I's defeat, being accidentally drawn into the latter upon its return is no longer an issue.
- Verbal Tic: "Well gosh".
Princess Melody, the Legendary Rockstar
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant/Resurrected
Portfolio: Endurance, Music, Confidence
Princess Melody (her entry here) is the Equestrian Alicorn demigoddess of Endurance, Music, and Confidence, and was a legendary superheroine in the Second Age, having decided to come back from the dead and continue protecting the world in the Fourth Age.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's now an Equestrian Alicorn demigoddess who embodies Endurance, Music, and Confidence, after deciding to come back from the dead and help the world in the Fourth Age.
- My God, What Have I Done?: She has a heartbreaking one after Blue Suede falls into a coma right after being snapped out of his Nightmare transformation, taking Bossa Nova with him through their empathic twin bond. Despite being close friends with Blue Suede, both she and everyone else ignored his plight when he needed it most on the assumption that he was fine, causing his traumas and mental instability to worsen until he finally snapped.Princess Melody: We... we were supposed to be his friends... We were all supposed to be there for him... But we just ignored him when he needed it most and- and assumed he was fine...
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Justified; deities age differently than mortals, which means they only get bigger, stronger, and more eldritch the 'older' they are. Because she Ascended to godhood several decades before Ace did, she is much bigger than her husband despite the two of them being 'prodigy' demigods. This has led to things looking a bit comical at times.
Prince Ace, the Legendary Athlete
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Sports, Talent, Athleticism
Prince Ace (his entry here) is the Equestrian Alicorn demigod of Sports, Talent, and Athleticism, and was a legendary hero and Power Ranger in the Second Age, having had come back from the dead in the Fourth Age to be with his Ascendant wife, Princess Melody.
- Adaptational Badass: Ace was a Jerk Jock with a heart of gold in the original cartoon, but in the Codexverse, he became a Power Ranger. In the Fourth Age, after Melody decides to give up her eternal reward and come back to life as an Alicorn demi-goddess to continue saving the world, Ace decides to follow suit and eventually becomes an Alicorn demigod himself with Entasi's help.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's now an Equestrian Alicorn demigod who embodies Sports, Talent, and Athleticism, after deciding to join his Ascendant wife and come back from the dead in the Fourth Age.
- Character Development: Over the course of his life, he went from being an egotistical braggart to a much nicer and selfless person, mirroring his filly-friend Melody's own change in character and both contributing to each others' growth as a couple and heroes.
- Drop the Hammer: His Weapon of Choice as the Green Power Ranger is a 'Ram Hammer' that allows him to pummel his foes with super strength.
- Henshin Hero: He becomes the Green Power Ranger. He was originally slated to be the Red Power Ranger, but a series of trick questions from the Power Rangers' founder, supervisor and mentor Neighjor established that his egotistical character meant he wasn't leadership material, and so it went to Lancer instead.
- It's All About Me: Ace's initial self-centered personality is a character flaw on his part and was what cost him a leadership role in the Power Rangers team when he failed Neighjor's Secret Test of Character. He would however gradually moved away from this and become a much more selfless and humble person and hero.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's a Jerk Jock and start off with an ego problem, but he is a good person deep down and cares for his friends and loved ones, most notably Melody, with whom he would gradually undergo Character Development into a better person and hero.
- Official Couple: He ends up eventually dating Melody and ultimately marrying her.
- Super Mode: Silversmith used the technology from Lancer's Battlizer to make him a Mega Battle armor. While an overall buff, it provides him with enhanced agility and upgrades his hammer with a chain mace attachment.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Justified; deities age differently than mortals, which means they only get bigger, stronger, and more eldritch the 'older' they are. Because his wife Melody Ascended to godhood several decades before he did, she is much bigger than him despite the two of them being 'prodigy' demigods. This has led to things looking a bit comical at times.
- Unfazed Everyman: During the 'Second Age', world-endangering conflicts and calamities became such a regular occurrence many Ponies by the 1980s/90s were more or less unfazed by all but the most terrible events, and Ace and his family is no exception to that rule. One time, waves of ballistic missiles were launched all over the world by a renegade faction, leveling entire cities, and Ace was more annoyed that he had to move the venue for his birthday party that day than the fact much of his hometown was demolished by the attack. Everything was back to normal within a month.News Bulletin: -Reports are coming in from all over the world: many cities are in ruins, devastated by hails of ballistic missiles launched by the renegade forces of - this just in! The president has declared a nation-wide state of emergency and martial law in response to-!
Ace's Mother: Honey, what's the weather forecast for today?
Ace: Mom, looks like we're gonna have a rain of rockets! And the guy on the Holotube just said our city is gonna be kaput like all the others!
Ace's Mother: Ah... so the typical Monday usual, then.
Blue Suede Heartstrings, the King of Music/Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, the Humble Sovereign
Bossa Nova Heartstrings, the Laughing Musician/Prince Rubeus Stella Equestria, the Joyful Sovereign
Prince Crystal Clear, the Prince of Sound
- See his folder entry here.
Princess Winter Opera, the Defiant Symphony
- See her page here.
Sola Mors, the Courageous Performer
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Death, Performance, Empathy, Courage
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
"For some folks death is a release and for others death is an abomination, a terrible thing. But in the end, I'm there for all of them."
Sola Mors (her entry here) is the Alicorn goddess of Death, Performance, Empathy, and Courage, and is a benevolent and heroic member of the Trimortidae, the divine biological/adoptive children of the Three Deaths.
- Abstract Apotheosis: She Ascended to demi-godhood when, upon discovering those who suffered and/or died in the "Void Aeon" event, she realized she's not the only one who suffered and there are other people who need help, too, which motivated her to help her family comfort the distressed spirits. She would later Ascend to true godhood by continuing to reach out to lonely people and be there for them in their last moments.
- Affectionate Nickname: She refers to Blue Suede Heartstrings as "Bluey" in one Codexverse quote.
- Animate Dead: As a Death goddess, she can summon spirits of the dead for various purposes, such as having them fight for her.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn goddess of the Trimortidae who embodies Death, Performance, Empathy, and Courage.
- Close to Home: She despises bullies with a passion, as she was driven to kill herself to escape the constant bullying that hounded her as a mortal teenager in high school for being eccentric and weird. Thus, bullying anyone in front of her is a quick way to get her angry. By extension, she hates tribalism/racism as it's really no different than bullying someone for existing. However, it's subverted that she's usually controlled in her responses and displays Tranquil Fury; she used to be more hot-tempered about it, but Blue Suede Heartstrings helped her through her issues and taught her to only respond to bad actions, and even then with measured force, as it is possible for even bullies to be redeemed of their ways.
- Commonality Connection: A few individuals, such as Muet, Rhiannon, and Changeling Queen Ithomiini, became her friends because of their shared love of performance arts and/or music. It's noted that her friendship with Ithomiini helped Blue Suede Heartstrings get over most of his issues regarding "Colonel" Hollow Note, as despite his bad experiences with movies, he has composed several critically-acclaimed soundtracks for Ithomiini's movies and even acted in some of them himself, which were very well-received and something he grew to enjoy.
- Cool Big Sis: It's noted that she has helped look after her adoptive brothers and sisters, many of whom are often young foals and babies. She can often be found at home with a baby sibling nibbling at her mane when not working.
- Cool Crown: She wears a "crown" of roses when she's in her true form as an Alicorn goddess.
- Deity of Human Origin: She was once the tormented spirit of a teenage pegasus filly who committed suicide to escape her classmates' relentless bullying and her teachers' apathy. However, her courageous decision to help comfort the distressed spirits of those who died in the "Void Aeon" event is what led to her Ascending to demi-godhood, and she would eventually reach true godhood by doing more good deeds.
- Didn't Think This Through: Once, when she was still a demi-goddess, she impulsively joined a few of her siblings in protecting mortal sapientkind from Death itself by preventing everyone from dying. While well-meaning, they didn't stop to consider the potential consequences that would come from nobody dying. According to Sola, Bossa Nova caught them, and they would be lectured for hours by the Three Deaths for their actions.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: While she is very nice towards Morpheus (which is how they became friends in the first place) and willing to help him overcome his flaws, she didn't hesitate in giving him an epic "The Reason You Suck" Speech for continuously wallowing in self-pity. Being the Alicorn goddess of Courage certainly helped.
- Divine Date: This is what people assume she does as a Death goddess. It's theorized In-Universe that she often appears as a beautiful mare instead of a stereotypical scythe-wielding skeleton in rags so she could ensure her "dates" are loved before they pass on. Given her compassion, upbeat personality, and willingness to reach out to lonely people, it's not hard to see why.Pony 1: I wonder why Death looks like a pretty mare rather than a skeleton in a rag and a scythe?
Pony 2: Maybe she wants to make sure everyone is guaranteed at least one hot date before they cease to exist.
- Emotion Bomb: One of the things she can do with her empathy is "emotion-bomb" her targets to punish those who emotionally abuse innocent people and make them feel lonely to lower their self-worth. She can also determine how long it lasts for a person, though only for those who truly warranted it. Her entry notes that Bossa Nova taught her how to do it at one point.
- The Empath: She has great psychic empathy due to embodying Empathy as a concept, though it's noted that her powers are weaker than Bossa Nova's and Blue's due to being "younger" than them as a divine. While she has typical emotion-reading abilities, she mostly focuses on lonely people, including the dying, so she can help comfort them. She can also create an empathic aura that calms anyone in its vicinity and fills them with warm love that dispels their loneliness and makes them realize that they aren't alone after all. She can Emotion Bomb her targets, usually as a punishment for those who emotionally abuse innocent people and make them feel lonely to lower their self-worth. In addition, she can curse people by forcing them to feel the suffering and despair they inflicted on their victims indefinitely until they repent and change their ways, though only when they truly warranted it. This is something that Bossa Nova taught her, having done the same thing himself to the bullies and teachers who drove her to suicide.
- Expy: She's based on Death of the Endless, as she shares her character inspiration's gothic appearance and kind, perky personality, yet has traits of her own that makes her unique. For one, unlike Death, she was once a mortal who committed suicide after almost no one helped her deal with the bullying she endured at school, and later became a Death goddess after years of helping people deal with their own loneliness and despair. She's also best friends with Morpheus, an ancient god of Dreams and Expy of Dream of the Endless, rather than being his sister.
- Face Your Fears: Invoked. As the Alicorn goddess of Courage, she can inspire courage in others either with her psychic empathy and/or by talking to them, which also helps those she empowers acknowledge their fears so they can become better. Notably, after learning that Blue Suede Heartstrings had a fear of being exploited after he was forced to act in movies for profit in his day, Sola helped him face his fears by having him act in a musical she created. Blue expressed in song his traumatic experiences during the early Second Age through the character he acted as, and his emotional performance was received with thunderous applause, causing him to realize that acting for entertainment didn't feel so bad after all. This later led to him getting over most of his issues when he befriended Changeling Queen Ithomiini through Sola, resulting in a lucrative career as he created several critically-acclaimed soundtracks for Ithomiini's movies and acted in some well-received ones himself.
- Fantastic Racism: Defied and averted. Like Blue Suede and Bossa Nova, she hates tribalists, Autorists, and other supremacist groups, as she sees them as being no better than those who bullied her in her old life. However, it's thanks to Blue that she usually responds to such behavior with measured force.
- Flower Motifs: She's associated with the rose, which represents love and passion (if red). She's a warm-hearted, friendly, and compassionate goddess who reaches out to people who are suffering and/or dying in loneliness and despair. She also loves acting and is an actress herself, something that came from her mortal life. However, her tragic past as a teenage Pony filly who got bullied to the point of suicide invokes a different kind of rose.
- Foil: To Princess Winter Opera: Both are Alicorn goddesses who wear Gothic clothing, except Winter Opera is a musician while Sola Mors is an actress. Winter Opera acts like a refined Proper Lady onstage as part of her stage persona, and can still be well-mannered and composed at times, whereas Sola Mors is an emotionally wild Large Ham. Both suffered vicious bullying as mortals, except Winter Opera was bullied for the actions of someone else (in her case, her villainous birth father, War Rock) whereas Sola Mors was bullied for traits that made her eccentric and "weird" such as her Large Ham tendencies. Sola Mors also represents what happens if Winter Opera didn't have people to support her during her darkest moments and instead gave into her desire for revenge - after committing suicide, Sola Mors came back as a Vengeful Ghost who tried rounding up everyone who was involved in her bullying, even in the smallest ways, so she could publicly execute them. Her would-be victims were saved when Blue Suede and Bossa Nova talked her out of it and made her remember her happiest memories, making her realize that she became a monster. Meanwhile, because Luminiferous and Blue Suede intervened early, Winter Opera never gave in to her worst impulses and avoided becoming like War Rock entirely, instead Ascending and becoming an Alicorn goddess for her good deeds.
- Friend to All Children: Like Gavisus Manes and Bossa Nova, she is one. She often helps look after the foals and babies in Gavisus' afterlife, including her own younger adoptive siblings, and can be found at home with a baby nibbling at her mane. She also despises those who bully children (and adults); she was furious with Trench Bull for abusing the students of her boarding school while getting away with it for years, and helped Terran Princes Crimson Star and Night Shade corner and arrest her. She was reportedly seen with Bossa Nova playing with the abused students and cheering them up with theater afterwards.
- Ghostly Goals: During her stint as a vengeful poltergeist, she was only concerned with getting her revenge against those who bullied her viciously, as well as those who didn't stop the bullying, no matter who got in her way. Bossa Nova and Blue Suede Heartstrings put an end to that by reminding her of the joyful times she had with her friends and family, and forcing her to acknowledge that by taking her anger out on even those who had nothing to do with her suffering, she was acting selfishly.
- God in Human Form: Like her older adoptive brother, Bossa Nova, she has appeared in various mortal forms depending where she is to make transitions into the afterlife easier. Her most favorite form is a beautiful pegasus mare with a snow-white pelt, and a black mane and tail that's perpetually voluminous and messy. A single bright red stripe runs through her hair. The fact that she often appears as a pretty mare instead of a stereotypical psychopomp is lampshaded In-Universe, with people theorizing that she gives dates to those who are about to die so they won't feel alone when they pass on.
- The Grim Reaper: She's an Alicorn goddess of Death, and has the powers expected of one. She can summon magical copies of weapons from thin air, travel between mortal and divine planes easily, appear in multiple places at once, and free trapped souls from the mortal planes. She can also summon spirits of the dead and change her own appearance. Her entry notes that she also possesses clairvoyance that allows her to sense impending deaths, though she lacks true precognitive sight that some of her adoptive siblings and cousins have, such as Bossa Nova and Moon Ray. However, she defies the typical image of reapers by being a pretty warm-hearted and friendly Perky Goth, which tends to baffle those who expect her to be a grim, scythe-wielding skeleton dressed in rags.
- Hot God: Her entry notes that she often takes the form of a beautiful pegasus mare with a white pelt and a perpetually voluminous and messy black mane and tail, though her true form as an Alicorn goddess is implied to be just as beautiful. This gets discussed among two mortal Ponies, who speculate that she often appears as a beautiful mare despite being a Death goddess so she can give the dying "one hot date before they cease to exist".
- Humanoid Abomination: Her appearance during her stint as a vengeful poltergeist is described as being a vaguely Equinoid shape made of dark smoke and red lightning, her face being the only thing intact, though it more resembled a white theatrical mask.
- Immortality Begins at 20: Subverted. Because deities in general only get Stronger with Age, she will only gain more power and eldritch traits as she gets "older". As a "Tier III"-ranked goddess who Ascended to demi-godhood during the "Void Aeon" event before earning true godhood in the Third Age, she lacks the wing gradient that many of her "older" adoptive siblings and cousins have, but she does have a sparkling mane and tail made of darkness and stars, with a thick, ethereal red stripe running through her hair like the red carpet reserved for famous celebrities and performers. Queen Mzazi states this is normal for Alicorns.
- Interspecies Friendship: She has befriended Muet, the mute Great Skunk goddess of Pantomime and Performance Art, as well as Rhiannon, the Coltic Deer goddess of Song, and Changeling Queen Ithomiini of the Spring Court, due to them being involved in performance and/or art like she is. It's noted that her friendship with Ithomiini helped Blue Suede Heartstrings get over most of his issues regarding "Colonel" Hollow Note, as despite his bad experiences with movies, he has composed several critically-acclaimed soundtracks for Ithomiini's movies and even acted in some of them himself, which were very well-received and something he grew to enjoy.
- Magic Hair: Her entry describes her mane and tail as being made of darkness and stars, with a thick ethereal red stripe running through her hair, resembling the red carpet that famous celebrities and actors/actresses have walked on.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Courageous Performer" due to being a divine performer who embodies Courage, and being a bold and daring person who isn't afraid to try new things and inspires people to do the same.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Being adopted by Gavisus Manes means that she has a lot of divine brothers and sisters now. This includes the Three Deaths' biological children, such as Armr, a daughter of Audens Manes through Flrð and the Hoyklan Jotunn/Alicorn hybrid goddess of Death, Punishment, and Judgment. It also makes her related to the biological siblings of those who are on her side of the Trimortidae by adoption, such as Blue Suede Heartstrings.
- Meaningful Name: Her name means "Lonely Death" in Latin, which is rather appropriate, considering that she killed herself after being bullied for much of her life with almost no one helping her. Ironically - or perhaps because of it - she is a very kind and warm-hearted, if eccentric and emotional person who reaches out to lonely individuals and comforts them in their last moments.
- Morality Pet: At one point, she befriended Morpheus, an ancient god of Dreams who was rather haughty, foreboding, melancholic, and set in his ways. Her entry notes that said god of Dreams began to soften significantly and open up to others thanks to her positive influence... however, she was willing to call him out in one incident when she got fed up with her friend's continuous self-pitying behavior. It's because of this that when she was kidnapped by a group of Alicorn Ascendancy members looking to discover the secrets of divine Ascension, the god of Dreams rose to join Bossa Nova in rescuing and protecting her.
- Parasol of Pain: Her entry notes that her main weapon is a black divine parasol that's adorned with roses, which she uses to block attacks when unfolded. However, its alternate form is a black-handled scythe with red roses adorning the top.
- Perky Goth: Despite her preference for Goth fashion, she's rather joyful, carefree, and fun-loving, if a bit eccentric and emotional. And despite embodying the aspect of Lonely Deaths - or perhaps because of it - she's very kind and warm-hearted, and reaches out to those who have fallen into loneliness and despair. She was also this as a mortal teenager, but constant bullying for being "weird" as well as non-interference from her school gradually wore away at her psyche until she killed herself.
- Physical God: As an Alicorn goddess, she is one. [WIP]
- Produce Pelting: After giving Morpheus an epic "The Reason You Suck" Speech for continuing to wallow in self-pity, she would throw at him a piece of bread he was feeding the birds with.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Her form as a mortal pegasus mare is described as beautiful, though she's more of an Unkempt Beauty as her black mane and tail are particularly voluminous and messy. It's been commented and discussed In-Universe that she often takes this form to "make sure everyone is guaranteed at least one hot date before they cease to exist".
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: She would give Morpheus, an ancient god of Dreams, an epic chewing-out after he continuously wallowed in self-pity despite her attempts to help him heal emotionally. She would then punctuate her speech by throwing at him a piece of bread he was feeding the birds with.Sola Mors: You are utterly the STUPIDEST, most SELF-CENTERED, APPALLINGEST EXCUSE for an 'ANTHROPOMORPHIC PERSONIFICATION' on THIS or any OTHER PLANE! An INFANTILE, ADOLESCENT, PATHETIC SPECIMEN! Feeling all SORRY for yourself because your little GAME is OVER, and YOU haven't got the- the BALLS to go and find a NEW one!
- Rousing Speech: Her entry notes that as the Alicorn goddess of Courage, she can inspire courage in others by talking to them, making her both a good orator and a good therapist.
- Sinister Scythe: Her main weapon is a black divine parasol that's adorned with roses, but its alternate form is a black-handled scythe with red roses adorning the top. It's subverted in that her weapon is used for beneficial purposes - namely, helping the dead pass on to their respective afterlives and freeing trapped souls from whatever is preventing them from passing on.
- Skunk Stripe: She's noted to have a single red stripe in her mane and tail whenever she appears as a mortal pegasus mare. In her true form as an Alicorn goddess, the red stripe in her hair becomes thick and ethereal, to the point where it resembles the red carpet that famous celebrities and actors/actresses have walked on.
- Spider-Sense: Like her adoptive cousins and siblings, she has clairvoyant abilities that allow her to sense when a person's going to die.
- Spontaneous Weapon Creation: As a Death goddess, she is capable of summoning magical copies of weapons from thin air like her adoptive siblings and cousins.
- Suicide Is Shameful: Averted. She would endure so much bullying at school for being eccentric and "frightening", with none of the teachers intervening either out of fear for losing their jobs or sheer apathy, that she was eventually Driven to Suicide. However, no one would blame Sola for making her choice as she had been in an extremely miserable situation, and helping her recover from her emotional/mental trauma became first priority among the Three Deaths and their kids once she was ushered into the afterlife, even though it possibly would've been better if she had lived instead. Even Bossa Nova and Blue, despite opposing Sola during her supernatural rampage, never shamed her for committing suicide as they talked her down by pointing out how her irrational anger is hurting everyone, including innocent people. The kindly treatment she received would influence Sola in how she interacted with suicidal people - while she is empathetic towards those who choose to commit suicide, she still tries to save them from the brink by helping them out of their despair so they could find a reason to live.
- The Tragic Rose: She's associated with roses - her Cutie Mark depicts a Pony skull resting in a wreath of roses, her Alicorn regalia consists of a "crown" of roses and a black dress adorned with roses, and her scythe/parasol is decorated with roses. She was also a victim of bullying who committed suicide when she was a mortal, and her rage and bitterness turned her into a vengeful poltergeist for a time, until she was defeated/redeemed by Bossa Nova and Blue. She notably took a long time to recover from her trauma until the "Void Aeon" event happened, during which she realized there are others who suffered as much, if not more than her. As an Alicorn goddess, she embodies Lonely Deaths and tends to gravitate towards those who die in loneliness and despair... though she's usually a Perky Goth and due to her experiences, she comforts those she reaches out to.
- Unkempt Beauty: Her most favorite form to take when interacting with mortals is noted to be a beautiful, white-furred pegasus mare with particularly voluminous and messy black hair.
- Unrelated in the Adaptation: In The Sandman, she is the older sister of Dream of the Endless, the Lord of Dreams. Here, it's mentioned in her entry that she befriended Morpheus, an ancient god of Dreams through sheer kindness, with implication that said god is the Expy of Dream.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: As a Death goddess, she can shapeshift her appearance into various forms, with her favorite form being a black-haired, white-furred pegasus mare in gothic clothing. She has used this ability for her acting whenever she performs.
- White Mask of Doom: During her stint as a vengeful poltergeist, her face is noted to be the only thing that resembled something Equine, though it resembled a white theatrical mask. The rest of her body was a vaguely Equinoid shape made of dark smoke and red lightning.
- Winged Unicorn: Her true form is a tall Alicorn goddess with a sparkling mane and tail made of darkness and stars, with a thick, ethereal red stripe running through her hair like the red carpet reserved for famous celebrities and performers. In her true form, she wears a "crown" of roses and a long, flowing black gown that's adorned with roses.
- You Are Not Alone: As the Alicorn goddess of Lonely Deaths, she often reaches out to those who are either dying or have died in loneliness and despair so she could comfort them, and assure them they're not as alone as they think they are. Of course, given her friendly Perky Goth personality, this applies to the living, too.
- Once, she visited an aging unicorn noble in Canterlot who wanted to keep living because he feared that if he died, he would die alone and his entire legacy would turn out to be for nothing. His fears proved to be unfounded when Sola Mors visited him on his day of death.Sola Mors: I bring comfort to the lonely. And no one really dies alone.
- Her response to Blue Suede Heartstrings after he woke up from his coma and expected everyone he knew to abandon him for not being perfect and humble anymore]] is essentially in this manner. It even caused Blue to break down crying after seeing how his friends, family, and other loved ones are incredibly wiling to help him out [[Karmic Jackpot after he spent so many years helping them.Sola Mors: (to Blue Suede Heartstrings) You've helped us so much, Bluey. ALL of us. Now it's our turn to help YOU.
- Once, she visited an aging unicorn noble in Canterlot who wanted to keep living because he feared that if he died, he would die alone and his entire legacy would turn out to be for nothing. His fears proved to be unfounded when Sola Mors visited him on his day of death.
Blue Goldstone, the Glittering Beat/Prince Hyacinthum Lapis Equestria, the Prince of Courage
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Death, Protection, Courage, Music
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"We all make our own music, but we need a beat to guide us through it."
Blue Goldstone (his entry here) is the Alicorn god of Death, Protection, Courage, and Music, and is a benevolent and heroic member of the Trimortidae, the divine biological/adoptive children of the Three Deaths.
Gold was born in Ponyland during a time when Blue Suede Heartstrings was a country-wide sensation. Gold's mother was a huge fan of Blue to the point where she named her son after the King of Music when he was born, and even took Gold with her to visit Blue backstage after a concert. As he grew up, Gold was influenced by his mother to admire Blue as well, emulating Blue's humility and kindness, while dressing up as a Greaser when he reached his teens. He also decided to become a drummer, seeing it as a supportive instrument rather than an "animalistic" one.
Tragedy struck when Gold's birth father was gunned down in a grocery store robbery he tried to stop. After that, Gold's mother married a stallion who meant well, but was very conservative and stubborn in many ways. He frequently clashed with Gold and disapproved of his stepson's musical passions and shy, "wimpy" personality. Then, Gold would lose faith in Blue when the King of Music made certain choices that made him not as perfect as he was thought to be, such as marrying a unicorn stallion, a DJ named Record Beat. This culminated in Blue's brutal beatdown of his extremely unscrupulous record manager and his disappearance after being released from prison and holding a "farewell" concert for his fans. The tragedies he experienced and his inability to grieve for them led to Gold becoming bitter, depressed, and apathetic.
But when Gold found a high school classmate being harassed by a gang of Greasers, he snapped out of his funk long enough to help the teenage filly escape her tormentors, getting fatally stabbed in the process. For his heroism, he was ushered by Audens Manes into the "Hall of the Honored Dead" heaven-realm, where he would live for many years until he met Blue, now an Alicorn. During the heart-to-heart that would follow, Gold unleashed his pent-up emotions over his father's death and his idol's failures, after which Blue apologized and explained why he made his choices, and why he disappeared from the music scene for a while. Blue confessed to Gold that he never wanted to be worshiped or idolized at all, and only wanted to connect with people personally. The person he believed deserved worship is the "King in Heaven" he devoutly followed since foalhood.
Gold realized that despite his flaws, Blue still had good qualities that are worth emulating. He used his epiphany as a motivator to improve himself and do good deeds after becoming a psychopomp under Audens Manes. Consequently, he would later Ascend to godhood because of his good deeds, and his inclusion as a member of the Trimortidae was received by his adoptive cousins and siblings enthusiastically. Both Blue and his mortal family were very proud of him, and Gold finally reconciled with his stepfather after the latter saw how much he screwed up with Gold.
Personality-wise, Gold is a very humble and mild-mannered stallion, being quick to pass credit onto others for his own achievements, and feels content with helping others even if he won't get rewarded for it. When he was younger, he used to be quite shy, and though he got better since then, he hates being the center of attention.[WIP]
- Abstract Apotheosis: He Ascended to godhood by reconciling the spotless perception he initially had of Blue Suede Heartstrings with the flawed person he actually is, which restored his faith and respect for his idol and caused him to be more open-minded and tolerant. He also learned to accept Death as a part of life after coming to terms with his birth father's Heroic Sacrifice in a grocery store robbery, which wasn't very easy to do and took a lot of courage on his part.
- All Drummers Are Animals: Defied and averted. As he points out, drumming requires being physically fit and a good amount of musical knowledge and rhythm. Without either of those things, a drummer's going to end up "looking like an idiot", in his words. While he's not overbearing about it, he does get frustrated when people assume drumming is easy and doesn't require a lot of thinking to play, and holds drummers who behave badly with disdain as they make drummers in general look bad.Blue Goldstone: Drummers aren't animals! Drumming requires a good amount of strength, endurance, stamina, musical knowledge, and rhythm! Without them, a drummer's gonna end up sitting there, flailing around, and looking like an idiot!
- All Your Powers Combined: His entry states that he has the combined magics of all mortal Pony tribes, including lesser-known tribes such as Musical Ponies and Sea Ponies.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's an Alicorn god of the Trimortidae who embodies Death, Protection, Courage, and Music.
- Ascended Fanboy: Literally. He was a huge fan of Blue Suede Heartstrings growing up, until a slew of mistakes and other choices caused him to lose almost all faith in Blue. After dying performing a Heroic Sacrifice for a classmate and meeting a now-Ascended Blue in the Heaven-Realms, he reconciled his spotless perception of his idol with the flawed person he actually is, and began doing good deeds as a psychopomp under Audens Manes. He eventually Ascended to godhood himself, something that many people, including Blue, were very proud of him for.
- Barrier Warrior: As the Alicorn god of Protection, he can create nigh-unbreakable arcane barriers. His entry notes that this power stemmed from wanting to protect others more efficiently, even though he recovered from the trauma of his and his birth father's early deaths.
- Berserk Button: Downplayed. While he's not overbearing about it, he sometimes gets frustrated whenever people assume that playing the drums is easy and doesn't require a lot of thinking. He also holds drummers who behave badly with disdain, as they contribute to the All Drummers Are Animals stereotype that he hates.
- Big Brother Worship: He idolized Blue Suede Heartstrings and still does, but he has accepted that his idol is flawed like everyone else and became good friends with Blue instead. Ironically, his adoption into the Trimortidae makes him a cousin of Blue, as Blue's older twin brother, Bossa Nova Heartstrings, is an adoptive son of Gavisus Manes, Audens Manes' younger brother.
- Big Eater: He has a huge appetite when it comes to fried onion rings. He will eat them by the dozen if they're available and he buys a lot of them, though it's noted he's skilled in making fried onion rings himself. It's deconstructed in that, while he doesn't have to worry about health problems due to being an Alicorn god, he still acknowledged his eating habits as unhealthy and, by his own admission, has been trying to control himself, especially after learning that his idol, Blue Suede Heartstrings, nearly let himself get fat during a period of depression.
- Blue Is Heroic: Pun aside, he's described as having a dark blue pelt, and he's named after his idol, Blue Suede Heartstrings. He's generally a mild-mannered, shy, and humble Alicorn who helps those who died heroically move into their respective afterlives, and while he has his own flaws, he is accepting of them and works to improve himself because of his flaws.
- Calling the Old Man Out: His entry notes that having come to terms with his birth father's death and gathered the courage to accept things like Death, Gold consequently gained the strength to finally call out his stepfather on his unsympathetic behavior, pointing out the psychological harm the older stallion's beliefs had inflicted despite his good intentions. This caused Gold's stepfather to finally accept him for who he is after some reflection, and they reconciled after Gold Ascended to godhood.
- Claimed by the Supernatural: As the Alicorn god of Protection, he can bestow a mark upon chosen individuals that informs him when they are in danger and warns enemies of who specifically is protecting them. In his case, his mark of Protection takes the form of his drum Cutie Mark.
- Delinquent Hair: He often wears his mane in a pompadour as part of his Greaser getup when appearing as a mortal Earth pony stallion, stemming from his attempts to emulate his idol, Blue. However, it's subverted in that he isn't a delinquent, which makes his death ironic as he confronted a gang of Greasers by himself just to save a high school classmate from being harassed by them. Many older gods and goddesses have tried making him look and dress appropriately to his age and divine station, but he always refuses due to feeling rather uncomfortable with wearing royal Alicorn barding/regalia.
- Divine Parentage: It's strongly believed In-Universe that due to sharing similar names, domains, and appearances, he's either a son of Blue Suede Heartstrings or one of his descendants. It's averted since they actually aren't related, as Gold was only named after Blue Suede and happened to look like his idol. Gold himself will always say that his being related to Blue Suede is not the case.
- Dumb and Drummer: Averted. Despite taking up drumming, he is very intelligent music-wise and takes drumming very seriously. He believes that drumming requires a great degree of physical fitness as well as musical knowledge and rhythm, and gets frustrated when people assume playing the drums is easy and doesn't require a lot of thinking. He also hates the belief that All Drummers Are Animals, and refuses to get into wild antics onstage because it'll only reinforce the stereotype. It's for this reason that he holds drummers who behave badly with disdain, seeing them as making other drummers look bad.
- Emotion Bomb: One application of his psychic empathy is "emotion-bombing" people to punish them for robbing others of their courage out of cruelty.
- The Empath: As the Alicorn god of Courage, he is a powerful empath who can detect courageous feelings and encourage them. And like Sola Mors, his younger adoptive cousin, he can produce an empathic aura that fills people with courage and inspires them to do heroic deeds, though he can also Emotion Bomb people to punish them for robbing others of their courage out of cruelty. However, he cannot get rid of fear itself, and can only make people aware of their fears so they can become better.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: While he has appeared in various mortal forms thanks to his Death domain, his most preferred one is that of his mortal self - a tall and lanky Earth pony stallion who dresses up like a Greaser, with a golden-haired pompadour and a gold leather jacket.
- Freudian Excuse: He gained the domain of Protection because losing his birth father and then dying himself in Heroic Sacrifices made him want to protect people more efficiently, despite recovering from the trauma of the aforementioned incidents.
- Greaser Delinquents: Subverted. While he's an Alicorn god, his most preferred form is a tall and lanky Earth pony stallion with a golden-haired pompadour and a gold leather jacket. His entry notes that his Greaser getup was part of his attempts to emulate Blue Suede Heartstrings, who birthed the Greaser movement in the Second Age. However, personality-wise, he's generally humble, shy, and mild-mannered, with his worst flaws being only his inability to see Blue, his idol, as less than perfect until he learned to grow past it. The fact that he often appears as a Greaser makes his death rather ironic, as he was killed trying to save a high school classmate from being harassed by a gang of actual Greaser delinquents. His entry notes that many older gods and goddesses have tried making him look and dress appropriately to his age and divine station, but he always refuses due to feeling rather uncomfortable with wearing royal Alicorn barding/regalia.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: He's described as having a golden-yellow mane (and tail) that he styles into a pompadour as part of his Greaser getup, though after he Ascended, both his mane and tail turned into rippling Courage energy. He also has golden markings all over his pelt. He's a mild-mannered, shy, and humble Alicorn who helps those who died heroically pass on, and though he has flaws, he is accepting of them and works to improve himself because of his flaws.
- Healing Hands: He can use percussion-based spells to heal his allies.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: He often wears a gold leather jacket as part of his Greaser getup whenever he appears as a mortal Earth pony stallion, stemming from his attempts to emulate his idol, Blue. Many older gods and goddesses have tried making him dress appropriately to his age and divine station, but he always refuses due to feeling rather uncomfortable with wearing royal Alicorn barding/regalia.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Despite being vastly outnumbered by the Greaser gang he confronted, he managed to buy a classmate they were harassing enough time to run to safety and call the police before he was fatally stabbed. It's noted that this heroic action attracted Audens Manes, the Alicorn goddess of Heroic Deaths, and she would take him to the "Hall of the Honoured Dead".
- Hero-Worshipper: He idolized Blue Suede Heartstrings since he was a colt, and tried emulating him in looks and personality, including dressing up as a Greaser. This is thanks to the influence of his mother, who was also a huge fan of Blue Suede. It's later deconstructed when, after his father's sudden death in a grocery store robbery, he would learn of Blue's various flaws and mistakes, which greatly disillusioned Gold to the point of bitter, depressed apathy. His stepfather's lack of sympathy also left Gold unable to properly grieve. After sacrificing himself to save a high school classmate from a gang of Greasers, he would meet Blue in Audens Manes' Heaven-Realm, and their heart-to-heart caused Gold to realize that his unrealistic perceptions of his idol influenced him to share the same homophobic attitudes as his neighbors. Gold apologized for it, after which Blue forgave him and encouraged Goldto "become better". It's then reconstructed as Gold accepted Blue's flaws and continued emulating him, while also being aware of each other's flaws and improving himself because of them, which later led to him becoming an Alicorn god just like Blue did years before. His entry notes that he and Blue are very good friends even to this day.
- Involuntary Dance: He can use percussion-based spells to compel his enemies to dance to his rhythms, making a good distraction.
- Ironic Name: His name is "Blue Goldstone", and he has golden freckle-like markings on his face, legs, body, and wings. The actual blue goldstone gets the "gold" part of its name from the shiny flecks of copper inside it.
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": Eventually, after accepting Blue Suede Heartstrings' flaws and reconciling with him, he would do lots of good things as a psychopomp for Audens Manes and eventually Ascend to godhood, just like how his idol achieved his own Ascension years before. It's noted that he and Blue Suede are very good friends to this day.
- Magic Hair: His entry notes that post-Ascension, he has a rippling mane and tail made of golden Courage energy, though hilariously they have been mistaken for liquid gold due to his hair color.
- Magic Music: As the Alicorn god of Music, he has similar powers as Blue Suede Heartstrings and other fellow Music deities. He can create a magical drum set with his own magic and do various percussion-based spells, such as empowering/invigorating listeners, compelling his enemies to dance to his rhythms, and healing his allies. He can also wield sonokinetic magic, allowing him to unleash powerful, disorienting screams, nullify sound indefinitely, and send destructive shockwaves through the air or through the ground to make earthquakes. The fact that most of his spells are percussion-based really comes in handy with deaf people, as he can help them by stomping his hooves on the ground and send music-based vibrations to them.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Glittering Beat" due to his golden, glittering appearance, and his talent in drumming. After joining the Equestrian Pantheon and being crowned as Prince, his epithet changed to "the Prince of Courage", referring to his Courage domain.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: With his Music domain, he can unleash powerful, disorienting screams.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Being adopted by Audens Manes means that he has a lot of divine brothers and sisters now. This includes the Three Deaths' biological children, such as Armr, a daughter of Audens Manes through Flrð and the Hoyklan Jotunn/Alicorn hybrid goddess of Death, Punishment, and Judgment. It also makes him related to the biological siblings of those who are on his side of the Trimortidae by adoption, such as Blue Suede Heartstrings.
- Meaningful Name:
- His birth name comes from the blue goldstone, which represents wisdom, learning, courage, and new beginnings. He started out as a mortal fan of Blue Suede Heartstrings who was unable to accept his idol being actually less than perfect, but after dying in a Heroic Sacrifice and talking things out with Blue in Audens Manes' Heaven-Realm, he learned to accept Blue's flaws as well as his own, which restored his faith and respect for the stallion, and made him more open-minded and tolerant. His epiphany later led to him becoming an Alicorn god and a member of the Trimortidae, as he continued emulating Blue's example while being aware of each other's flaws, and improving himself because of them. Blue goldstones also serve as protection against psychic attacks and ailments, which fits him since one of his domains is Protection.
- "Blue" can refer to feelings of melancholy, sadness, and/or depression, or the Blues genre, which is characterized by melancholic and depressive lyrics. Seeing Blue Suede Heartstrings make mistakes and show inner flaws caused him to lose faith in his idol, and other factors like losing his birth father in a grocery store robbery, and his stepfather being largely unsympathetic to his grief turned him into a depressed, bitter, withdrawn, and apathetic person. However, after dying in a Heroic Sacrifice, he would recover through talking things out with Blue, which restored his faith and respect in his idol, and talking to the spirit of his birth father, which helped him come to terms with his father's death and accept Death in general.
- His Alicorn name, Hyacinthum Lapis, means "blue stone" in Latin, which retains elements of his birth name while showing how much he had changed. Hyacinthum also takes after the hyacinth flower, which is often blue-colored and represents sincerity.
- Modest Royalty: While he's technically royalty due to being an Alicorn, he always refuses to wear the royal regalia/barding typically worn by Alicorns because he never feels comfortable doing so. He also never listens whenever older gods and goddesses tried making him look and dress appropriately for his age and divine station.
- My God, What Have I Done?: During the talk he had with his idol, Blue, Gold realized that the negative public reactions towards Blue's relationship with unicorn stallion Record Beat, including his own, were extremely homophobic. He then proceeded to apologize for sharing such a bad attitude, after which Blue forgave Gold and encouraged him to become better. This is what partially led to Gold becoming more open-minded and tolerant, as he is supportive of Prince Shamrock and has protected him many times from those who demeaned him for being asexual.
- Named After Somebody Famous: In-Universe. His mother was a huge fan of Blue Suede Heartstrings and often listened to his music while she was pregnant with her son. When she gave birth, Gold's appearance reminded her of Blue so much that she gave her son his name. This would go a long way in influencing Gold's development as a person, as he would initially idolize Blue, then go through a Broken Pedestal phase that led to him regaining faith and respect for his idol once he learns to accept Blue's flaws, ultimately finishing with his Ascension to godhood. It's later averted once he joins the Equestrian Pantheon and becomes a Prince, gaining an Alicorn name, "Hyacinthum Lapis".
- Noble Bigot: While he's undeniably a good person and emulates Blue's example in humility and kindness, Gold initially shared the same homophobic attitudes as his neighbors that were common in the early Second Age, which partly contributed to his feelings of disillusionment when he learned that Blue fell in love with a stallion, Record Beat. It's deconstructed in that, during a long heart-to-heart with Blue in Audens Manes' Heaven-Realm, Gold realized how bad these attitudes were and apologized to Blue for reacting that way, for which Blue forgave him and encouraged Gold to become better. This change of opinion led to Gold becoming more open-minded and tolerant, as he is supportive of Prince Shamrock and has protected the Alicorn god many times from people who demean him for being asexual.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. He unfortunately shares part of his name with Lord Goldstone, a now former member of the Council of Griffonstone with ties to revanchivist Griffon Autorist factions and was part of a thankfully foiled plot to seize Equestria's lands for their own goals.
- Politically Incorrect Hero: Deconstructed. He's undeniably a good person, being shy yet mild-mannered, humble, and kind, but in life he was a Noble Bigot who shared his neighbors' homophobic attitudes, which were very common in the Second Age at the time. This contributed to his feelings of Broken Pedestal towards Blue Suede Heartstrings after the latter fell in love with a stallion, as he was unable to accept that his idol was gay. It's after he died in a Heroic Sacrifice and met Blue Suede in the Heaven-Realms that he realized that these attitudes were wrong, and he apologized to Blue for it. Blue forgave him and encouraged him to become better. This led to him becoming more open-minded and tolerant, which he tries to be even if he personally doesn't like something; he is supportive of Prince Shamrock despite his asexuality, and has protected the Alicorn god from those who demeaned him for his orientation.
- Quit Your Whining: On the receiving end. His stepfather, though well-meaning, had very traditional views about what the ideal stallion should be and was very set in his ways. Thus, when Gold started becoming bitter, depressed, withdrawn, and apathetic from his disillusionment with Blue Suede Heartstrings, his stepfather kept telling him to "man up" and move on. It's deconstructed in that it left Gold unable to properly and openly grieve, which caused his already strained relationship with his stepfather to deteriorate. It's only after Gold died and reconciled with Blue in the Heaven-Realms did he gain the courage to call out his stepfather for the harm his traditional beliefs inflicted upon him. This leads to his stepfather finally accepting Gold for who he is after some self-reflection, and they reconciled after Gold Ascended to godhood.
- Required Secondary Powers: As a Music deity, he has better hearing and the natural resistance to keep him from going deaf.
- Sinister Scythe: His main weapon is a pair of golden drumsticks that transform into a golden scythe when put together, until it is broken apart and changed back. It's subverted as he uses his scythe for beneficial purposes - namely, helping the dead pass on to their respective afterlives and freeing trapped souls from whatever is preventing them from passing on.
- Spider-Sense: Like his adoptive cousins and siblings, he has clairvoyant abilities that allow him to sense when a person's going to die.
- Spontaneous Weapon Creation: Justified; his Death domain allows him to summon magical copies of weapons out of thin air.
- Trademark Favorite Food: His entry notes that he loves fried onion rings and is known for it. Whenever they were available, he would buy huge amounts of fried onion rings and eat them by the dozen, though he's also skilled in making them himself. Even living for three Ages hasn't diminished his taste for it. However, Reality Ensues as he realized how unhealthy it is, and he admits that he's been trying to control his eating habits, especially after learning that Blue Suede Heartstrings nearly got fat from letting himself go during a period of depression.
- Vibroweapon: He can produce destructive shockwaves with his sonokinetic magic, which he can send either through the air or through the ground to produce earthquakes.
- Warrior Prince: At some point, he was crowned Prince much like his idol Blue Suede/Caerulus Melodia was. He is an ancient member of the Trimortidae who left to join the Equestrian Pantheon due to its complete lack of Death gods.
- Was It All a Lie?: This was Gold's reaction to learning that Blue Suede Heartstrings fell in love with a stallion, and thus was not as 'perfect' as he initially believed his idol to be. Gold would later regret it after dying young, as he realized his beliefs at the time were actually very homophobic, and he apologized to Blue Suede for it when they meet each other in the Heaven-Realms years later.Blue Goldstone: Was it... was it all a lie, Blue? That you were just a colt-cuddler under all that kindness and stuff?
- Winged Unicorn: Gold's true form is an Alicorn god with a rippling mane and tail made of golden Courage energy, and his pelt, especially his golden markings, has a shimmering quality to it. He is also shorter than Blue Suede Heartstrings and Bossa Nova Heartstrings in terms of height.
- Youthful Freckles: As shown by his folder images, Gold has golden markings on his face and body that resemble freckles, which denote how young he was at his time of death. It's played with after Ascending to godhood - while he's an ancient Alicorn god now, his divine immortality makes him appear young, and his golden markings denote this.
Princess Astraea Sanctus Equestria, the Legendary Peacemaker
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant/Resurrected
Portfolio: Love, Peace, Healing
Princess Astraea Sanctus Equestria, born Sweetheart (her entry here) is the Equestrian Alicorn goddess of Love, Peace, and Healing, and was a legendary superheroine in the Second Age, having decided to continue protecting the world alongside her friends in the Fourth Age.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's now an Equestrian Alicorn goddess who embodies Love, Peace, and Healing, after deciding to come back from the dead and help the world in the Fourth Age.
- The Chains of Commanding: She really didn't expect being put in charge of a Heaven-Realm in place of the abdicated ex-Princess Celestia after coming back an Alicorn demigoddess, and was uncertain that she would be able to. However, her friends, including Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, encouraged her to take it anyway by pointing out she rightly earned her status as a Saint.
- Got Volunteered: This happens to her during a meeting held by the Equestrian Pantheon concerning the arrival of many new members. When someone asks who will look after the Heaven-Realm of Elysium in place of Celestia, who previously ruled over it, everyone proceeds to look at Sweetheart/Astraea Sanctus... who turns to be the best deity for the job due being a Saint and (former) Archangel.Princess Astraea Sanctus Equestria: (upon suddenly becoming the center of attention) ...Why is everyone staring at me?
- Love Goddess: One of her domains is Love, though in her case she embodies Agape Love. This gives her powers similar to those possessed by her mentor, King Ibrida, such as projecting an empathic aura that makes those around her feel warm and loved, and a variety of Love-based spells.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Legendary Peacemaker".
- Semi-Divine: Averted. What makes her notable among the Tales/Virtuous Seven is that she's supposed to be a demigoddess like her friends. But due to having been an Archangel for so long, she was given enough power for her to actually skip demi-godhood and become a full-blooded deity upon Ascending.
- Smelly Skunk: She becomes a divine Wereskunk after her resurrection using the strain she infected Kabuto with. This gives her powers akin to a Great Skunk Goddess, including spray so potent it can incapacitate a adult dragon.
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: She chooses to infect herself with the Wereskunk strain she created via Professor Kabuto, becoming a divine Wereskunk Alpha in the process.
- Winged Unicorn: After Ascending under the tutelage of King Ibrida, she became an Alicorn. However, unlike most of her friends (save for Starlight), because she spent three Ages as an Archangel, she had enough power to 'skip' the demigod stage and Ascend true godhood instead.
Prince Terrae Equestria, the Life Bringer
Divine Classification: Ascendant/Ethereal/Elemental
Portfolio: Flora, Life, Waking
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
"Dawn breaks, and life awakes."
Prince Terrae Equestria (his entry here) is the Equestrian Cervalicorn god of Flora, Life, and Waking, and is Celestia's son through one of King Aspen's mortal nephews.
Princess Marea Equestria, the Tidechanger
Divine Classification: Elemental/Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Tides, Spirit, Fear
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate)
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Equestrian Hippogriff goddess who embodies Tides, Spirit, and Fear.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Tidechanger".
- Touch the Intangible: Her domain of Spirit allows her to touch and damage otherwise untouchable spirits. This includes Zoufalství, the Despair Eater, who is otherwise invincible.
Duchess Vyléčit, the Mad Doctor
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Elemental
Portfolio: Healing, Medicine, Doctors
Rank: Divine (Tier II/Lesser)
"The nature of science and medicine is truly fascinating. Of course, conducting research means more creatures on the operating table..."
Duchess Vyléčit (her entry here) is the Deer-Draconequus goddess of Healing, Medicine, and Doctors, and is an infernal joint-member of the Equestrian and Bogolenya Deer Pantheons.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's a Bogolenya Deer-Draconequus goddess who embodies Healing, Medicine, and Doctors.
- Armor-Piercing Response: Upon being confronted by Stækka over her puristic quest in staying a 'good' goddess of Healing, Medicine, and Doctors, she demanded to know why she was born. She is stunned when her father replies that he had similar questions in his youth, which leads to Stækka showing her the truth of her existence when she presses further."But how am I evil, Father?! How can I be if I was born embodying Healing and Medicine?!" Vyléčit shouted.
For a moment, Stækka looked pained, as he remembered asking Bolezn a similar question regarding his own domains many centuries ago. Then, he sighed with such sorrow.
"...You are not the only one who asked that question, Vyléčit," Stækka replied softly.
Vyléčit found herself rooted to her spot in shock. Her father, the god of Life, Wealth, and Growth, bearing doubts over his identity, too? Just how bad it was to make him question who he was?
"How?" Vyléčit asked hoarsely.
She didn't expect what came next.
- Black and White Insanity: Narrowly averted. In her attempts to stay a benevolent goddess of Healing, Medicine, and Doctors, she tried repressing the evil nature that she inherited from her parents, thinking that her inner evil is the reason why some of her patients started resenting her for saving them. This only made her dangerously close to falling into madness, which would have had bad consequences for everyone had Stækka not intervened, thanks to Hnignun's predictions. While learning the truth of her contrasting nature and domains hurt her greatly, she came to realize her parents were right after some self-reflection, and returned to her duties as a constructively Evil goddess.
- BrotherSister Incest: She's the eldest daughter of Prince Stækka and his younger fraternal twin sister, Princess Hnignun. After reconciling with Hnignun, Stækka gradually fell in love with her (and vice-versa), largely due to their divine portfolios being closely intertwined. It wasn't long until they slept with each other, with Vyléčit being the end result.
- Color Motif: Black and white, which she inherited from her parents. Like her father Stækka, she's a white-furred Deer-Draconequus with black spots and gradients similar to that of her mother, Hnignun. She also has black antlers like her great-grandfather, Temnobog. Her color scheme is a symbolic representation of how good intentions and things can be corrupted by evil.
- Cruel to Be Kind: She firmly believes that a doctor cannot help a patient heal without hurting them first, such as performing surguries to excise it or realigning the bones of a fractured limb. She also believes that it is sometimes best to let a patient die if their suffering is too great to be cured. Because of her mindset, she sees Medicina's oath of doing no harm extremely foolish, and has been teaching the Zebralicorn goddess to think the same.Duchess Vyléčit: (to Medicina) To say 'Do no harm' is to delude oneself as a doctor. In the medical field, you must harm your patients in order to help them heal. You cannot help a creature heal from a tumor without first excising it, or restore a fractured limb without realigning the bones first. And sometimes, when the pain becomes too great to be alleviated, death can be the greatest of mercies.
- Dr. Jerk: She's outright called this by Cultura. Though a skilled doctor and healer, she acts like an arrogant, dismissive, and Insufferable Genius, and she shows a severe Lack of Empathy towards her patients. She acts this way towards the damned shades in her parents hell-fiefs, since her job is to punish those who pursued healing and medicine to unfettered extremes... that being said, her behavior has leaked into her interactions with her family and allies at times, which she's trying to reduce.
- Evil Counterpart:
- To Medicina. Both are goddesses who embody concepts related to healing, medicine, and doctors, but unlike Medicina, a benevolent goddess who embodies Modern Medicine, Surgery, and Doctors, Vyléčit is a Sadist (though a constructive one) who embodies the unfettered/amoral aspects of Healing, Medicine, and Doctors. Vyléčit also sees nothing wrong with weaponizing her domains or performing twisted experiments on others with them, while Medicina is a staunch pacifist who primarily focuses on healing the sick and injured. Vyléčit sees Medicina's oath of 'Do no harm' as extremely foolish and has been teaching her that it's sometimes necessary to be Cruel to Be Kind when not opposing/tempting her.
- To Moon Ray Vaughoof. As a goddess of Medicine, Vyléčit's powers revolve around creating various medicines, drugs, and chemicals, whereas Moon Ray's powers as a god of Temperance and Water revolve around overcoming addictions and purging various poisons and pollutants, respectively. Vyléčit embodies the amoral/wicked aspects of doctors and thus has no qualms about spreading/encouraging drug addictions in others, while Moon Ray is a former drug/alcohol addict who is determined to help addicts become sober and prevent others from becoming addicted. Their opposing beliefs and activities has led to them and their mortal followers clashing more than once, but outside of that, there's no hard feelings between them.
- Ironically, she serves as a 'good' counterpart to Závislost, a Fallen relative of hers through her Fallen twice-great grandmother, Ispita. Both Vyléčit and Závislost can create addictive drugs, but Vyléčit devotes her powers to spreading constructive Evil, whereas Závislost, as the Fallen god of Drug Addiction, gets people addicted to drugs for his own amusement. Her hatred of Závislost is one thing Vyléčit can agree with Moon Ray on.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Averted. She wears safety goggles, which are for protecting the eyes when conducting scientific and medical experiments/research.
- Good Needs Evil: Initially, she was greatly confused over her existence as an evil goddess with 'good' domains, which made her believe that as a goddess of Healing, Medicine, and Doctors, she has to be good. Her actions in staying good only served to drive her closer to insanity until Stækka intervened and revealed the truth behind her existence: She was born to show sapientkind what happens when good things and concepts are corrupted for evil. Naturally, the truth hurt her greatly, especially after seeing many amoral/wicked doctors pervert her domains for their own ends. But after a period of self-reflection, she came to realize her parents were right and returned to her duties as a constructively evil goddess.
- Good Powers, Bad People: She embodies benevolent concepts like Healing, Medicine, and Doctors... except Vyléčit embodies the bad sides of her domains. It got deconstructed when, in her youth, Vyléčit suffered from identity confusion because she was born an 'evil' goddess with 'good' domains, which influenced her to defy her evil nature by becoming a benevolent doctor who heals people. When people started resenting Vyléčit for saving them, she blamed it on her evil nature and tried repressing it. This only led to her suffering a Sanity Slippage that, according to Hnignun's predictions, would have led to great tragedy later on. Stækka confronted Vyléčit and told his daughter the truth: Vyléčit was born to show what happens if people perverted good things for evil, or pursued good things to unfettered extremes. The truth naturally hurt Vyléčit, but her parents comforted her, and she eventually comes to the conclusion that her parents are right and resumes her duties as a constructively evil goddess, making it a reconstruction.
- Healing Hands: As a goddess of Healing, she is talented in healing magic, and she shares this domain with her younger cousin, Medik. Like Medik, she's capable of restoring severe wounds and even bringing back affected individuals from near-death. She can also apply healing spells to herself, empower the healing abilities of both deities and mortals (if they have any), and treat even divinely-made injuries and plagues. When enraged, Vyléčit can use her healing powers to ensure that injuries dont heal correctly, resulting in the healed being left much worse off than they were before. And as a goddess of Doctors, she can heal those working under her should they get hurt on the job.
- Insufferable Genius: Though a skilled doctor and healer, her intelligent, logical mindset can make her seem arrogant and dismissive, and she has a severe lack of empathy towards those she treats. While she acts this way towards the damned shades in her parents hell-fiefs, her insufferableness has leaked into her interactions with her family and allies at times, which she is trying to reduce. Her desire to provide scientific explanations for everything can ironically make her close-minded, especially since there are weirder things that require no such explanation. Due to her profession, she's also a Dr. Jerk.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Mad Doctor", due to being an intelligent yet sadistic Mad Scientist who experiments on her patients, and being a goddess who embodies amoral/villainous Doctors.
- Meaningful Name: Her name can mean "heal", "cure", and/or medicine in Czech. Ironically, she embodies the evil aspects of Medicine and Healing, showing what happens if both are pursued to unfettered extremes.
- Mind over Matter: As a goddess of Doctors, she has refined telekinetic abilities, which allow her to manipulate surgical and medical tools associated with her profession.
- Sadist: Much like her father, Stækka, she is sadistic towards the damned shades she punishes. Before she joined the Equestrian Pantheon, she helped her parents perform gruesome experiments on the damned shades, keeping them 'alive' with her healing powers to extend their torment, while forcing them to ingest newly-created medicines, poisons, and drugs to test their effectivness. Her targets are often amoral and/or wicked doctors, scientists, and other researchers whenever she sojourns in the mortal planes, and she would tempt them into using unfettered methods in their practices. Those who resist her are spared, while those who give in to their corruption are damned upon death.
- The Stoic: While she inherited her studious, quiet personality from her mother and her sadism from her father, she has a stoic and logic-driven personality that none of her parents have.
- Super Empowering: As a goddess of Doctors, she can empower doctors working under her with various buffs, such as enhanced intelligence, stamina, and precision. She also becomes much stronger when working in places that are populated by doctors, such as a laboratory or hospital, including makeshift ones. Though as the embodiment of amoral/villainous Doctors, she becomes stronger when working alongside them, whether in the Hell-Realms or the mortal planes. This means that she becomes weaker once she is deprived of allies.
- Sympathy for the Hero: While High King Irminsul could hardly be called a hero, Vyléčit nonetheless feels nothing but pity and disappointment for her thrice-great-grandfather, in contrast to many who are simply angry with him. This stems from the fact that despite knowing of the horrible things Irminsul did to his family and others, Vyléčit knows that much of his behavior stems from him being deeply in denial over his own flawed nature, much like how she felt towards her own depraved nature in her youth.
- Telepathy: As a goddess of Doctors, she has refined telepathic abilities, which allow her to communicate with doctors effectively and coordinate them in extremely difficult operations.
Prince Touha, the Prince of Lust
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Lust, Passion, Desire
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Intermediate; formerly a demigod)
"Lust and Passion is like a fire. Stoke it too much, and you will burn."
Prince Touha (his entry here) is the Deer-Draconequus god of Lust, Passion, and Desire, and is one of Pokhot's older sons who is a joint-member of the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon and the Equestrian Pantheon.
- Animal Motifs: His chimeric traits are based on animals that are associated with lust, passion, and/or desire, such as Rams, Purple Starlings, Roosters, Tigers, and Weasels. He also has the eyes and fangs of a Viper, representing how simple pursuits can be corrupted to unfettered extremes.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a joint-Bogolenya/Equestrian Deer-Draconequus god who embodies Lust, Passion, and Desire.
- Attention Whore: He can be an 'attention whore' at times, as seeking attention from others is another form of lust and desire. This might be partially why he behaves like a Large Ham like his friend, Pourrir.
- Big Brother Instinct: He was enraged with those of his siblings who mistreated Lenost for being 'lazy' and not working in spreading 'constructive Evil' like they are. When Lenost approached him for protection and later revealed his plans to run away from home to indulge in his slothfulness in peace, he proceeded to warn their mother Pokhot of what was going on. He would later grant Lenost his own sub-estate in his own hell-fief so he could be there to quickly lend aid should his brother need it.
- Blue Blood: He was born the son of an increasingly depraved and hedonistic Deer noble. After moving in with his mother and being granted his own hell-fief for his deeds, he essentially became divine royalty.
- The Casanova: Owing to his very nature, he is an extremely seductive and lustful person, though a large part of it was influenced by his mortal noble father, himself a Depraved Bisexual. When he was a demigod, he was such a skilled and beautiful violinist that he gained multiple admirers of both genders, and proceeded to have affairs with said admirers, earning his title as "the Prince of Lust". After Ascending to true godhood, he would expand his horizons to his own divine champions, siblings, and children in addition to the lovers he already had... but unlike his father, who treated his own lovers like playthings and disposable tools, he treated all of his lovers well. The fact that he (somehow) remained youthfully handsome and fertile while his father aged drew resentment from said parent to the point of becoming increasingly abusive and wicked later on.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Being the Prince of Lust, he had many lovers over the centuries, and he's this to those he genuinely loved when not fulfilling his role as a constructively evil deity. He also regularly spies on his family with Lust-based observational spells whenever they participate in depraved hedonism... but he greatly appreciates it whenever people express genuine love, passion, and desire for others, as he rather enjoyed watching his little brother Stoltur have loving and consensual sex with his husband, Blue Suede/Caerulus Melodia Equestria.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He was born to a hedonistic and corrupt noble who loved Touha at first, but grew increasingly abusive and wicked out of jealousy towards his son and wife for inexplicably remaining youthful and fertile while he aged over time. Touha loved his father so much that he refused to believe that he hated him, until his mother, Pokhot, showed him evidence of his father's depravities. During a 'Calling of the Terrors' event that destroyed his kingdom of birth, he killed his unrepentant father and damned him to eternal torment, but was so trauamtized by the ordeal that he sank deep into listless, apathetic denial, using his Reality Warper powers to create a fantasy world where his father redeemed himself and became a loving parent. When Pokhot learned of this, she intervened for his own good, provoking Touha to attack her to protect his fantasies and necessitate his older/younger siblings to restrain him while their mother dispelled the illusions Touha created. This caused Touha to fall into a depression afterwards, especially after learning that Pokhot was similiarly betrayed by her own mother, Ispita, and tried denying her very nature, only for the cycle of hurt and denial to repeat with him.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He embodies the bad aspects of Lust, Passion, and Desire, as well as the consequences of what happens if someone decides to indulge in either of his domains to unfettered extremes. However, he believes that his domains are not evil in themselves and can be used for good - lust and desire makes people go after what they really want in their lives, while passion keeps them energized and motivated to continue their pursuits. More importantly, without lust, passion, or desire, heroes would never be able to rise up and oppose evil to protect those they care about.
- Depraved Bisexual: Subverted. Much like his father, he acquired many lovers of both genders even as a demigod, earning his title as "the Prince of Lust". After Ascending to true godhood, he would start sleeping with his own champions, siblings, and children. However, unlike his father, he doesn't selfishly use his lovers as toys that are thrown away once he grows tired of them, and presumably treats them all well. He also isn't so depraved as to sacrifice them for his own goals like his father did in his quest for eternal youth.
- Freudian Excuse:
- Touha was so traumatized by killing/damning his depraved mortal father in a 'Calling of the Terrors' event that he sunk into listless apathy, culminating in him creating illusionary fantasy worlds where his father changed and continued loving him. It's deconstructed in that Touha was coping with his pain and grief in an extremely unhealthy manner, which left him increasingly at risk of developing full-blown madness out of denial. This forced a very concerned Pokhot to intervene for her son's own good, dispelling the illusions while Touha was restrained by his siblings to keep him from attacking their mother. The ordeal left Touha a psychological wreck, but it also forced him to acknowledge the truth of his father's wickedness, which allowed him to move on and heal.
- While his inherent evil nature is a factor, much of Touha's lustful and hedonistic behavior was influenced by the behavior of his mortal father, a noble who constantly cheated on Touha's mother with multiple lovers and slowly became a Depraved Bisexual as he searched for anything that would give him the pleasures he craved. It's noted that he would've become self-destructive like his father did, especially after he started creating illusionary fantasy worlds out of grief and trauma over killing/damning his parent, but Pokhot's influence kept him from going over the brink.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Though a Deer god, he's part-Draconequus on his mother's side, due to Pokhot being the daughter of Ispita.
- The Hedonist: Much like his family. As a god who embodies Lust, Passion, and Desire, he craves pleasure of all kinds, including sexual pleasures. He has slept with his own champions, siblings, and children in addition to the many lovers he had courted over the centuries.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Inverted. He's a constructively Evil god, yet his main weapon is a sword, Váeň. Thanks to a magical enchantment, Váeň's blade can coat itself with flames that burn increasingly hot to match the passions of its wielder(s).
- Large Ham: Like his friend, Pourrir, he can be loud, hammy, and over-the-top, often announcing his presence with a booming voice. His entry notes that this has become a source of annoyance for his siblings and children, especially his perpetually sleepy brother, Prince Lenost.Prince Touha: IT IS I, TOUHA! YOUR PRINCE IS HERE!
Prince Lenost: ...Ugh, seriously? I'm trying to sleep!
- Like Father, Like Son: Much like his mortal father, he also participated in acts of self-destructive lust and desire. Except while his father sought eternal pleasure for himself with no care for those he sacrificed to get it, he created illusionary fantasy worlds to fulfill his desires for what could've been in his attempt to deal with his grief over killing/damning his own father. Learning that he was going down the same path as his mother once did after being personally wronged by a family member left him a psychological wreck.
- Lotus-Eater Machine: As a god of Desire, one of his most powerful abilities involves creating illusionary fantasy worlds that cater to people's deepest, darkest desires, making it an ideal power for either testing heroes, or punishing wicked people for pursuing their desires to unfettered extremes.
- Ironically, in his youth, he willingly put himself in one of his own making. After enduring his increasingly wicked father's emotional abuse and having to kill and damn his father for his sins during a "Calling of the Terrors" event, he was so overcome with denial and guilt that he locked himself in his room and created an illusionary fantasy world where his father redeemed himself and became a truly loving parent. It's deconstructed and played for drama, as using illusions to cope with his trauma only made him increasingly deluded and blinded him to the reality of his father's situation. Had Pokhot and her other children not sensed something wrong and intervened in time, he would have fully sunken into madness just to maintain his dreams of what could have been.
- Love Martyr: Deconstructed. He used to have a great relationship with his mortal father, but over time, Touha's father became increasingly wicked and resentful over his son inexplicably remaining beautiful and fertal, while he only aged and weakened. Touha refused to believe his father was getting worse, and Pokhot showing him otherwise left him greatly shaken. Killing and damning his own father during a "Calling of the Terrors" event traumatized him so much that he sank into listless apathy. To cope, he created an illusionary fantasy world where his father redeemed himself and became a truly loving parent. When Pokhot tried to intervene for his sake, Touha resisted by attacking her, causing his siblings to restrain him so their mother can dispel Touha's elaborately-crafted fantasy for his own good. Learning that he nearly followed a similar self-destructive path as his father left him a psychological wreck, but being forced to acknowledge the cold reality of his father's wickedness allowed him to heal and move on, especially after his father's damned shade cursed him for having what he craved while Touha visited him.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Prince of Lust", due to being a lustful and hedonistic god who had many lovers over the centuries. In his demi-divine youth, he first gained this epithet when he started following in his mortal father's footsteps by having many affairs with his fans/admirers. Ironically, he was nobility at the time.
- Meaningful Name:
- His name means "desire" in Czech. Fittingly, he's a god of Desire, and his other domains, Lust and Passion, are both forms of desire.
- The name of his sword, Váeň, translates to "passion" in Czech. It refers to how, thanks to a magical enchantment, the blade burns hotter as its user's passions increase.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: As a Deer Draconequus who is one of Pokhot's older sons, he has chimeric traits revolving around animals that are associated with lust, passion, and desire - he has the curling horns of a Ram, the wings of a Purple Starling, the tail feathers of a Rooster, the right front leg of a Tiger, and the left hind leg of a Weasel. Like his aunt Phykti, he has the eyes and fangs of a Viper, representing how simple pursuits can be corrupted into unfettered extremes.
- The Peeping Tom: His entry notes that as a god of Lust, he possesses observation spells that allow him to spy on family members whenever they participate in carnal activities. One incident had Touha spying on Stoltur while the latter is having consensual missionary sex with his husband Caerulus, and their genuine displays of love, trust, and devotion during the act left Touha feeling absolutely giddy.
- Playing with Fire: Much like his uncle Yarost, he can wield fire magic, which thematically represents both the supportive and harmful aspects of Lust and Passion. He can do things like increasing/decreasing heat, projecting auras of heat to ignite flammable material and protect himself from water/ice magic, fire-breathing, shooting beams of fire, and throwing fireballs. Thanks to Phoenix King Naur, his grand-uncle, he has been learning how to predict the future through pyromancy. Unfortunately, like Yarost, his fire magic is fueled by his emotions and runs the risk of becoming uncontrollable if he's not careful.
- Power Perversion Potential: His Lust domain gives him 'observation' spells that allow him to see and hear past walls, making them perfect for spying on enemies. However, since he comes from a family of depraved infernal divines who embody many aspects of Lust, he uses these spells to spy on family members whenever they participate in carnal depravities. In one incident, a few weeks after his little brother Stoltur married Prince Caerulus, both Touha and several other siblings used their observation spells to spy on them while they're having loving, consensual sex.
- Purple Is Powerful: He has wings of a Purple Starling, and part of his divine regalia consists of luxurious purple clothes made in the style of Bitalian nobles/royalty. In battle, he wears a full set of purple divine barding. He's also a powerful god and competent Warrior Prince.
- Really Gets Around: Given both his heritage to Pokhot and all his domains, he have had a lot of lovers throughout his existence and sleeps with many of them.
- Seers: He practices pyromancy, a form of divination that produces future visions via flame-reading. His grand-uncle, Phoenix King Naur, is an experienced pyromancer and has been teaching him the art as of late.
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: As a divine son of Pokhot, Touha is incredibly handsome with an extremely irresistible presence, even without using magic. This worked against him when his mortal father started resenting his son for remaining inexplicably handsome and fertile while he himself grew less so as he aged, to the point of becoming increasingly abusive, depraved, and wicked. Eventually, Touha's father sacrificed some of his old lovers to barter deals with demons in exchange for eternal youth. This convinced a shaken Touha that his father needed to be stopped, but he was so traumatized over killing/damning him that he fell into a period of denial and obsession with what could've been out of grief.
- Warrior Prince: He was originally born a noble, but after moving into Pokhot's hell-fief and later gaining a hell-fief of his own, he became a Prince by virtue of his mother being the 'Empress' of her hell-fief, and he's a powerful and dangerous infernal god of the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon.
Prince Stoltur Skjöldur, the Shield of Perfection
Divine Classification: Ethereal/Ascendant
Portfolio: Pride, Perfection, Potential, Evil
Rank: Divine (Tier II/Lesser)
"It is often said that anyone can become as perfect as the gods. But for me, only those that I deem worthy can truly do so. Anyone else who falls short of my standards will simply feel the coldness of my magic, or taste the sharpness of my blade."
Prince Stoltur Skjöldur (his entry here) is the Deer-Draconequus god of Pride, Perfection, Potential, and Evil, and is a joint-member of the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon and the Equestrian Pantheon.
Stoltur was born in Cervidia to Pokhot, the Bogolenya Deer goddess of Lust and Pride, and a mortal warlord in Cervidia that Pokhot took interest in during a visiting trip to the Hoyklan Deer Pantheon. As it turned out, the warlord was incredibly depraved in both morals and mentality, which is precisely why Pokhot was attracted to him. After murdering the warlord's sister and taking on her identity, she slept with him and gave birth to a demi-divine son. It is said by both the Erobreseg and Nordskelt Deer herds that the warlord himself became much worse after meeting Pokhot, participating in horrible crimes such as unrestrained cannibalism, physical and emotional rape, and ritual sacrifice to Fallen deities for personal gain. When Stoltur was born, his father expected his son to take after him or perhaps even become greater than him.
Fortunately, such a future would not come to pass. Pokhot eventually decided to do away with her mortal lover by sabotaging him and manipulating things so that the warlord would meet his end at the hooves of his oppressed subjects, who suffered under him for so long. During their rebellion, Pokhot confronted the warlord as he hid in his own castle and dramatically revealed her deceptions, even showing the warlord an image of his real sister's corpse in order to push him over the edge. The maddened, gibbering warlord was left to the tender mercies of both his subjects and, following his death, Armr, the Hoyklan Deer goddess of Death and Judgement who is a friend of Pokhot's oldest sister, Phykti. As for little Stoltur, he was taken to Pokhot's hell-fief, where he was raised with love and taught the philosophy of "constructive" Evil by his mother until he Ascended to true godhood, joining the ranks of his older and younger demonic siblings.
As one of Pokhot's many sons, Stoltur is evil by nature and has inherited his mother's prideful aspects. Like Pokhot, he loves bragging about his own accomplishments and is quite vain with his appearance, either preening himself for hours on end or basking in his own glory when presented with a reflective surface. He is also disdainful and cruel towards those he deems beneath him, and sadistically enjoys breaking the pride of the damned shades in Pokhot's hell-fief as punishment for what they had done to others in life. When insulted, he can fly into a rage as terrible as his mother's. Ironically, perhaps because of his upbringing, Stoltur is very honorable and noble - after hearing of the depravities committed by various individuals, such as his own father and the fallen Alicorn god, Morning Star, he swore never to follow their example. As such, one of his duties is to test mortals by stroking their egos and tempting them with "shortcuts" to power, while hunting down those who practice "careless" evil like Hydianite covens. He is also a loving family man who adores his siblings, mother, and immediate relatives, despite sleeping with them frequently.
Befitting his prideful nature and station as an Evil god, Stoltur embodies Pride, Perfection, and Potential. He is an empath who can detect and stoke people's pride to dangerous levels, and has an indomitable will that makes him both immune to mind control and demonic/spiritual possession, but also empowers him each time his pride is insulted. Stoltur is also a skilled and powerful user of ice magic, and specializes in creating barriers that can both defend his allies and crush his opponents. He possesses peak physical and mental capabilities thanks to his domain of Perfection, and as the god of Potential, Stoltur is a precognitive who can foresee people's potential selves even years ahead, and can even show people images of what they could be. In battle, he wields a divine sword and a mirror-shield, Þráspegill, which can distract and tempt his opponents with images of what they desire most.
Stoltur's portfolio makes him similar to deities like Amour-De-Soi and Luminiferous, but unlike them, Stoltur represents the bad sides of Pride, Perfection, and Potential. He serves as a warning as to what happens when mortals let their own pride get the best of them, or when they try to pursue power to make themselves become "better" by abandoning their morals and compassion. It is because of his role that he is respected and tolerated as much as he is feared even by said deities.
While a vain and cruel god with extremely high standards, Stoltur genuinely means well, and seeks to make mortal heroes and champions as great as him.
- Actually Pretty Funny: In one drabble, Stoltur heard one of his champions - a heroic warrior turned narcissistic warlord whose downfall to villainy he engineered - was defeated by Prince-Regent Shining Armour, who got around his superb swords-skills simply by punching him square in the face. Rather than feeling insulted, Stoltur found it so amusing and hilarious he privately congratulated Shining Armour afterwards, noting that the warlord, Shrewd Slayer, deserved his humiliating defeat very well. This is mostly because the narcissistic warlord, having gave into pride in his moral weakness, was in reality only a prideful pawn Prince Stoltur uses to sow Evil and suffering (constructively), and the warlord was too foolishly haughty to realize his true status in the grander scheme of things.
- Adaptational Badass: Sigvald the Magnificent in Warhammer is an ageless mortal whose powers were only made possible by becoming Slaanesh's favored champion. Here, Stoltur, who is based off of him, is born a demi-divine son of an Evil goddess of Lust and Pride through a mortal father, but eventually Ascended to true godhood.
- Adaptational Heroism: Sigvald the Magnificent is, to put it lightly, an incredibly depraved, sociopathic, cruel, and vain man who became Slaanesh's favored champion because of it. Here, Stoltur is still evil and depraved by nature, but he is a very honorable and noble individual who staunchly upholds the oaths he makes, and tests mortals with his Evil so they could be come strong enough to oppose Evil itself.
- Adaptational Nice Guy: Sigvald the Magnificent is an incredibly depraved, sociopathic, cruel, and vain individual who only cares about himself, and has pulled Disproportionate Retribution over things like bad wine or someone else having better hair than him. By contrast, Stoltur, while still cruel, vain, and depraved, is leagues more honorable and noble than Sigvald because of his staunch support of 'constructive Evil', and genuinely wants to help heroes succeed in opposing Evil. He genuinely loves his family and always follows his oaths, even thoughhe has every chance to go back on them. He's also a loving husband to Blue Suede Heartstrings/Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, and is the loving father of Prince Perfect Tone.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: While they're having missionary sex, he kisses a transformed Blue Suede/Caerulus (who turned into an Earth Pony for the occasion) on the forehead where his Alicorn horn had been.
- Affectionate Nickname: Blue Suede Heartstrings calls him "Stolts", even after becoming a Prince and marrying him.
- Alliterative Name: Stoltur Skjöldur.
- Aloof Big Brother: Downplayed. While he can be a bit aloof and sardonic at times, he genuinely loves all of his siblings. It's implied that he's not even the oldest in his family, as older siblings are mentioned.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a joint-Bogolenya/Equestrian Deer-Draconequus god who embodies Pride, Perfection, Potential, and Evil.
- Badass Cape: He's noted to wear thick cloaks and pelts, based on the fashions of Cervidia and his life there. He's also a powerful Deer-Draconequus hybrid god of Pride and Evil, and a competent warrior.
- Bastard Bastard: Double-subverted. He's one of many products of Pokhot's various affairs with both divines and mortals, making him and his brothers and sisters maternal half-siblings. And due to being one of many grandchildren of Temnobog, he was born with his good traits irrevocably twisted and corrupted by his inner Evil. While he is as depraved, hedonistic, and sadistic as his immediate family and relatives, he practices "constructive" Evil, serving as a divine tester of heroic mortals to motivate them to become strong enough to oppose Evil. Even outside of work, he is a very honorable, noble, and loving individual who follows self-imposed oaths to keep himself from falling into "careless" Evil like his deceased birth father and others did.
- Big Brother Instinct: His entry notes that while he willingly sleeps with even his own brothers and sisters, he genuinely loves all of them and is equally willing to protect them if necessary. Because of this, his siblings love him for it.
- Blue Is Heroic: Subverted. His entry describes him as wearing white, silver, and dark blue regalia, due to being one of many Pokhot's sons and a Prince of her hell-fief. While not outright heroic, he's a Noble Demon who practices the philosophy of "constructive" Evil like his mother, immediate relatives, and siblings do, and has a strict, self-imposed code of honor that keeps him from falling into "careless" Evil because he doesn't want to become anything like his depraved mortal father. That being said, while he's very honorable and noble compared to typical Evil deities, he's still as sadistic, depraved, and hedonistic as his family, and as the god of Pride, he takes pleasure in demeaning and breaking people's pride (though only towards the damned shades in Pokhot's hell-fief). Ironically, he decides to marry his long-time friend, Blue Suede Heartstrings, who plays this trope more straight, after the latter accepts the beneficial aspects of pride and becomes Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria of the Equestrian Pantheon.
- Bright Is Not Good: He's described as a white-furred divine Deer-Draconequus hybrid god who possesses an incredibly handsome yet "cold and unnatural" beauty. He's also an Evil deity who is one of many sons of Pokhot, and is as equally depraved and hedonistic as his mother and siblings. And as the god of Pride, he is a vain individual takes sadistic pleasure in demeaning and breaking people's pride, though he is more of a Noble Demon as he practices "constructive" Evil and serves as a tester of heroic mortals.
- BrotherSister Incest:
- He sees nothing wrong with sleeping with both his older and younger brothers and sisters, but then again, neither do his siblings or their mother. To his credit, he treats all of them well and is willing to protect them, so in turn they genuinely love him back.
- Subverted in regards to his own birth. The warlord had Stoltur with who he thought was his sister, but he later learned that Pokhot murdered her and took on her identity after noticing his crimes and other depravities. The knowledge left him a maddened, gibbering mess even as Pokhot abandoned him to die at the hooves of his rebelling subjects, taking little Stoltur with her.
- Deal with the Devil: He embodies the bad sides of Perfection and Potential, as while he can do the same things Luminiferous can do, he tries to persuade his targets into taking "shortcuts" and accepting his offers by showing them images of what they could become and stroking their egos, while convincing them to abandon their friends, loved ones, and moral restraints so they could become "better". Accepting his offers will lead to eternal damnation, which delights him, but resisting his temptations and becoming as great as the heroic images he shows them delights him even more.
- Depraved Bisexual: Subverted. He's an Evil deity of Pride, Perfection, and Potential who often participates in his family's hedonism and sleeps with people of both genders, including his own brothers and sisters. However, his entry notes that he genuinely loves all of his partners (and is loved back), and as a "constructive" Evil deity, he sows Evil in the mortal planes and uses his divine domains to test heroic mortals. Canteros even hints that Stoltur might end up falling in love with Blue Suede Heartstrings, his best friend, and hold a steady relationship with the Alicorn god due to their compatibility and closeness as friends, which eventually does happen when Stoltur and Blue Suede (now Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria) join the Equestrian Pantheon and marry each other as husbands in a small ceremony.
- Disappeared Dad: His mortal father died when he was still a baby. It's justified in that in life, his father was an incredibly depraved warlord who did things like unrestrained cannibalism, physical and emotional rape, and ritual sacrifice to Fallen deities for personal gain. Pokhot took him down by killing and disguising herself as the warlord's sister, and then secretly sabotaging him after having Stoltur, making the warlord have a Villainous Breakdown by showing him an image of his real sister's corpse before abandoning him to die at the hooves of his own subjects (and following that, the tender mercies of Armr, who is a friend of Pokhot's oldest sister, Phykti).
- Distracted by My Own Sexy: While he shares his mother's vanity, he takes it even farther by developing the tendency to be distracted by his own reflection. If he comes across a reflective surface, he won't hesitate to bask in his own divine glory. Of course, this has the disadvantage of being vulnerable to enemy attacks if he suddenly decides to preen himself in the middle of a fight. He also invokes and weaponizes this trope in battle; both his mirror-shield, Þráspegill, and his armor are made from reflective divine silver, which causes his enemies to get distracted upon looking at their own reflections. How their reflection looks depends on the individual.
- Divine Parentage: His mother is Pokhot, the youngest member of the Four Terrors and the Bogolenya Deer goddess of Lust and Pride.
- Eating the Eye Candy: His husband Caerulus is this for him, on account of him being depraved by nature and Caerulus being a big and incredibly handsome Alicorn Prince. He quite admired the view of his husband when a magical accident briefly turned Caerulus into a Giant and was the only one who complained about him shrinking back down to normal, much to Caerulus' embarrassment.
- The Empath: As an Evil god of Pride, he has empathic abilities that allow him to sense and encourage feelings of pride in people, often to dangerous degrees. His entry notes that he got his empathy from Pokhot, who is an empath herself. He can also psychically rid people of their pride indefinitely, though he hates doing this since it turns them into little more than Empty Shells.
- Eternal Love: He eventually marries Blue Suede Heartstrings, who changed his name to 'Caerulus Melodia Equestria' after joining the Equestrian Pantheon and being crowned as Prince. Despite being complete opposites of each other, they love each other very much and being gods, their marriage will last for eternity.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones:
- Despite his Evil nature, he genuinely loves his mother, siblings, and relatives, and treats them all well even while he sleeps with them. He is also willing to protect his siblings if necessary, and according to his family, he was a "Momma's buck" when he was younger.
- This applies to those he genuinely considers his friends as well, with Blue Suede Heartstrings being the most prominent. After helping Blue Suede overcome his trauma and accept his pride by defeating the Colonel together, they would join the Equestrian Pantheon and marry each other as husbands in a small wedding ceremony. He also flew into a rage when corrupt Canterlot nobles tried assassinating Blue Suede, now Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, in their pride and lust for power. In revenge, he proceeded to utterly reduce them to hysterics by showing the corrupt nobles exactly what awaited them should they die.Prince Stoltur Skjöldur: You must all be so very proud of yourselves, lords and ladies - attempting to usurp your sovereign, starting a civil war, TRYING TO HURT MY BELOVED HUSBAND... all for the sake of your pride and your lust for power.
Allow me to reward you with a little show-and-tell. You deserve to know exactly what you can expect when your time has come.
- He also became the loving father of Prince Perfect Tone, an infant Alicorn-Deer Draconequus. Despite not expecting Perfect Tone's 'birth' at all, he nonetheless welcomed Perfect Tone into his life and has resolved to give him a normal upbringing instead of dumping all of his own expectations onto his son. Being who he is, he is quite proud of how he is taking care of Perfect Tone as a parent.
- Even Evil Has Standards: What sets him apart from those who practice "careless" Evil is his self-imposed standards, which were heavily influenced by how Pokhot raised him and taught him the philosophy of "constructive" Evil.
- When he grew up and learned of the various depraved crimes that his mortal father committed in life, Stoltur was rightly disgusted, and swore never to become like him. Because of his oath, he treats his male and female lovers very well (including his own brothers and sisters), and he completely abstains from meat because of the unrestrained cannibalism his father partook in. Notably, in regards to the latter, he still refuses to eat meat despite attempts by his mother and his siblings to convince him that eating meat in general won't automatically turn him into his father.
- When he heard of the Fallen antediluvian Alicorn god, Morning Star, and the atrocities he committed during the "Twilight of the Alicorns" event through Golden Scepter's stories, Stoltur was so horrified that he had nightmares about it for a while. He would swear afterwards never to use his divine domains in the way that Morning Star had done with his one.
- Evil Counterpart: His entry notes that because of his nature and role, Stoltur is an antithesis to those deities with similar divine concepts, such as Amour-De-Soi and Luminiferous.
- For Amour-De-Soi, Stoltur represents the bad sides of Self-Love and Self-Esteem by being a narcissistic and sadistic individual who either drives people to sinful excess by stroking their egos, or breaks people's self-worth (but only those who rightly deserved it). Amour-De-Soi focuses on helping people by encouraging people to be more confident and accepting of themselves, and is enraged by those who indulge in narcissism and abuse people by demeaning them.
- For Luminiferous, Stoltur represents the bad sides of Perfection and Potential, and the consequences of what happens when someone tries pursuing both without the compassion and restraint necessary to truly do it. Unlike Luminiferous, who is a benevolent Mentor Archetype towards his students and helps them achieve their full potential through heroic deeds and self-improvement, Stoltur believes that only those who reach his incredibly high standards are "worthy" of obtaining godhood, and will cut down anyone who falls short of said standards. He also tempts the wicked into making deals with him by showing them images of what they could be and persuading them to abandon their friends and morals, making them likely to take shortcuts to become like the images they're shown.
- He's also this to Humility deities, such as Blue Suede Heartstrings. As a god of Humility, Blue Suede discourages pride and encourages Humility, while Stoltur does the complete opposite. However, it's noted that pride is just as important as humility, as while pride has its benefits, humility can be easily turned into a vice. This in part is what led to Stoltur becoming close friends with Blue Suede, which eventually plays an important role in Blue Suede's emotional/mental development. After nearly becoming a Fallen Alicorn out of low self-esteem, he has to fight the Colonel in his own mind to prevent it from happening. During his emotional recovery, Blue gradually accepts that it's okay to have pride in himself and grows closer to Stoltur as a result. This leads to Stoltur and Blue Suede, now Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, joining the Equestrian Pantheon together and marrying each other in a small wedding ceremony.
- Evil Is Deathly Cold: He's an Evil god who embodies the bad sides of Pride, Perfection, and Potential, and is a depraved individual who participates in the hedonism his immediate family perpetuates, while drawing sadistic pleasure from breaking and demeaning the damned shades in his mother's hell-fief. He is also described by his entry as being an incredibly talented user of ice magic, though not to the extent of High King Kaldr, who embodies Winter, and has a handsome beauty that's also "cold and unnatural". However, as a practitioner of "constructive" Evil, he's a Noble Demon who serves as a tester of mortals and uses his divine domains to sow Evil in the mortal realms so he could separate the wicked from those who are genuinely heroic. He uses his ice magic both to defend himself and his allies, and to kill his enemies, echoing how Pride itself has empowering and corrupting aspects.
- Evil Vegetarian: He's a vegetarian who has completely sworn off meat, a self-imposed oath that he still abides by to this day, which is noted by his entry to be rather impressive. He's also an Evil deity who is the son of Pokhot, though he is a very prideful and practices "constructive" Evil and uses his domains of Pride, Perfection, and Potential to test mortal heroes, and teach them the consequences of taking shortcuts in their quest for greatness such as cutting deals with malicious entities. His vegetarianism has nothing to do with the evils that he sows in the mortal realms, but is part of his attempts to make sure he never becomes like his deceased father, an incredibly depraved warlord who in life committed a very long list of crimes and other horrific depravities. His staunch adherence to complete abstinence from meat is such that he has a personal garden in Pokhot's hell-fief where he grows his own fruits and vegetables, and has refused to let his mother and siblings convince him that eating meat in general won't automatically turn him into his father.
- Evil vs. Evil: He and his family are bitter enemies of "diabolical/careless Evil", which would destroy everything (including itself) if not properly contained. Because his father frequently sacrificed to Fallen deities, Stoltur is a feared enemy of Hydianite covens, whose members have done the same thing.
- Expy: According to one of the Codexverse writers, he was based on Sigvald the Magnificent, being incredibly beautiful yet narcissistic and cruel individuals who fight with swords and shields, are closely associated with Evil deities, and have a tendency to get distracted by their own attractive reflections. However, whereas Sigvald is an empowered human whose status as Slaanesh's favored champion kept him physically ageless, Stoltur is born the demi-divine product of an affair between an Evil goddess and an incredibly depraved mortal Deer warlord, and eventually Ascended to true godhood. And while their origins are similar, Sigvald was truly borne of incest, killed his own father when the latter became disgusted by his growing taste for flesh, and grew up to become a depraved, hedonistic, and sociopathic narcissist who cared for no one but himself and the glory of Slaanesh. Stoltur was born when Pokhot disguised herself as his father's sister, but spent most of his life being taught the philosophy of "constructive" Evil, which influenced him to be so disgusted by his birth father's crimes (which also included unrestrained cannibalism and ritual sacrifice to Fallen deities) that he swore never to become like him, instead becoming an honorable and noble individual by his immediate family's standards.
- The Fighting Narcissist: Being based on Sigvald the Magnificent, Stoltur is one. Because he inherited Pokhot's prideful aspects, he would spend hours preening himself to make sure he looked perfect, and whenever he came across a reflective surface, he would choose to stop and bask in his own glory. However, while appearing vapid and shallow, he's actually very intelligent, cunning, and sophisticated as expected of a child of Pokhot. He is quite skilled in using his beauty and his silver tongue to tempt mortals to their doom, and for a deity of his rank, he's quite a deadly swordsman and ice mage.
- Fur and Loathing: His entry notes that he wears pelts as part of his regalia as a Prince of his mother's hell-fief, inspired by the Cervidian homelands that he was born in. He's also an evil god of Pride who participates in the depraved hedonism perpetuated by his family, and takes sadistic pleasure in breaking the pride of wicked individuals, though he's more of a Noble Demon in that he practices "constructive" Evil.
- Generation Xerox: Like his grandfather, mother, and aunt/uncles, he would also end up becoming close friends with an Alicorn god who's much older than him - in his case, it's Blue Suede Heartstrings, a "Tier IV"-ranked deity who was born very early in the Second Age. However, Stoltur ended up taking things one step further and married Blue Suede - now Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria - after the latter accepted his pride and joined the Equestrian Pantheon.
- God Couple: He and Blue Suede Heartstrings would eventually become this. After helping Blue Suede defeat 'The Colonel' and supporting him during his psychological recovery, Stoltur would end up dating him, during which Blue Suede would become a student of various deities to explore himself. It's not until Blue Suede is crowned as 'Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria' and joins the Equestrian Pantheon that they marry each other in a small wedding ceremony. Despite their opposing natures and domains, they're Happily Married and have become Good Parents to their infant son, Prince Perfect Tone.
- God of Evil: It comes with being the son of Pokhot and an extremely depraved mortal Cervidian warlord. However, it's subverted in that despite his Evil nature and lineage, Stoltur grew up being taught the philosophy of "constructive" Evil after his father's death, and uses his divine domains to test heroes and champions, while damning wicked mortals to an eternity of hellish punishment for their sins. Outside of his duties, he's described by his loved ones as a "perfect gentleman" who, while a bit aloof and sardonic at times, treats all of his lovers well and genuinely adores his mother and siblings to the point where he's willing to protect them, even though he often sleeps with his family as much he does with his non-familial lovers. He's also a very prideful and narcissistic, yet honorable and noble individual who genuinely wants to see mortal sapientkind do well against "careless" Evil, and abides by his oaths once he makes them.
- Good Needs Evil: Like his family and relatives, he believes that Good needs Evil (and vice-versa) in order for sapientkind to survive.
- He has been teaching Blue Suede Heartstrings that pride is just as important and beneficial as humility, as Blue Suede has a tendency to downplay his own achievements even when credit is rightfully deserved. This later helps Blue Suede make a full psychological recovery after defeating 'The Colonel' together, as Stoltur's teachings helped him realize and accept that being prideful is okay. After being crowned as Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, he marries Stoltur and they settle down in the Equestrian Pantheon together. Even during their marriage, Stoltur has been encouraging Caerulus to take a lead role despite being dominant himself, and they take turns being dominant/submissive during sex so Caerulus can become more self-confident.
- It's believed In-Universe that he had many of his mortal followers infiltrate the Order of the Blue Rose, a religious order of benevolent dark mages, so he could test the moral integrity of Winter Opera and her mortal followers. Many people think he's out to destroy or corrupt them for their power, but Stoltur states that if he wanted to do that, he would have done so already.
- His beliefs in this have also factored in his decision to have his infernal family, Ascendant champions, and servants monitor the Great Seedling and regulate his activities. Having known of the fallout between his twin cousins Stækka and Hnignun, and the near-disasters they caused over their respective natures of growth/decay, Stoltur wants to make sure that the Great Seedling doesn't cause more disasters like Stækka once did with his 'gifts' of plentiful harvests and other bounties.
- Good People Have Good Sex: Played with him and his husband, Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria (formerly Blue Suede Heartstrings), as they're neither strictly 'evil' or 'good', respectively. Stoltur is evil, vain, and depraved, but he has a nobler side and, save for the damned shades in his family's hell-fiefs, generally treats his lovers well. Caerulus is good, humble and kind, but he suffered from three Ages worth of abuse-related trauma, and it took him a long time to accept his own flaws in part because of it. After overcoming their respective problems and joining the Equestrian Pantheon, they would become Happily Married, and they have a healthy sex life where size differences are a non-issue (Caerulus can shapeshift) and both of them take turns on being dominant/submissive to help Caerulus become more self-confident. This is exemplified in a Codexverse scene where Stoltur and Caerulus have sex (implied to be missionary-style) a few weeks after their wedding - both parties are mutually consenting, and the entire thing is depicted as sweet and tender due to the love, trust, and devotion they have for each other. Having centuries of sexual experience helps, too. Hilariously, Stoltur once provided details about his and Caerulus' intimacy during one interview with Codex Equus writers/researchers, much to their dismay.Jade Shell: There was one interview where Prince Stoltur happily went into great detail over what this means... I think my boss made me rewrite the entire section to make it more 'kid-friendly'.
- Good Stepmother: Gender-inverted; he became the stepfather of Prince Crystal Clear upon marrying his adoptive father, Blue Suede/Prince Caerulus. Despite being an Evil deity, Stoltur enjoys a good relationship with Crystal and frequently tests his stepson to protect him from moral stagnation. Crystal was initially weirded out by the thought of Stoltur dating his adoptive father because of the former being Evil by nature, but later accepted him into his life beacuse Stoltur really loves Blue Suede/Caerulus and has proven himself to be trustworthy multiple times.
- Happily Married: He would eventually marry Blue Suede Heartstrings, now Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, in a small wedding ceremony after helping the latter accept his prideful feelings and joining the Equestrian Pantheon together. Despite their opposing natures, he and Caerulus genuinely love each other very much. They even have matching silver wedding rings on their antlers/horn, respectively. Being a god of Pride, Stoltur is the dominant one in the relationship, but has been helping Caerulus build his self-confidence by encouraging him to be more active and taking turns on being dominant/submissive during sex. Stoltur and Caerulus' love, trust, and devotion to each other is so great that when Touha and his siblings spy on the two having consensual missionary sex in private, they're left feeling aroused and giddy from watching. Both Stoltur and Caerulus are also Good Parents to their infant son Prince Perfect Tone, who was 'born' from a positve karmic backlash thanks to their actions, and are raising him together with love and care despite the sheer unexpectedness of his arrival.
- Has Two Mommies: Gender-inverted. He and Blue Suede/Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria are the biological fathers of the infant Deer-Draconequus god Prince Perfect Tone, who was 'born' when Caerulus fully accepted pride as a beneficial concept and married Stoltur, creating a karmic backlash that spawned an infant deity with traits of both parents.
- The Hedonist: Much like his mother and siblings, he participates in the same hedonistic depravities that they enjoy at home, such as breaking and humiliating the damned shades Pokhot takes down with her for their own amusement, and the massive orgy-parties that Pokhot often hosts. And just like his family, he, too, sees little difference between work and play. However, those he genuinely loves are treated very well, and when it comes to romantic partners like his husband, Blue Suede Heartstrings/Caerulus Melodia Equestria, he loves and respects them, and any sex he has with them are consensual and fulfilling.
- Hell: Like his siblings, he used to live in the hell-fief owned by his mother, Pokhot, and participated in the torment and degradation of the damned souls there to punish them for their excessive pride and lust in life. After his marriage with Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria and moving in with him into the Equestrian Pantheon as a joint-pantheon member, he was given jurisdiction over some of Equestrian Pantheon's Hell-Realms on account of being a 'constructive' God of Evil. Since then, he's been living there ever since, continuing his duties in damning and tormenting condemned souls who gave into their pride and lust.
- I Am Not My Father: He is very adamant about not becoming like his father, who was an incredibly depraved warlord in life. Many of his father's crimes fall under the "diabolical/careless" Evil that his family bitterly opposes, and because of this, he was disgusted enough to swear never to stoop to his father's level. Part of his oath includes treating his male and female lovers well (including his own brothers and sisters) whereas his father performed physical and emotional rape on his downtrodden subjects, abstaining from meat completely whereas his father participated in unrestrained cannibalism, and furiously hunting down those who worship Fallen deities like the Hydianite covens whereas his father regularly made ritual sacrifices to such entities for personal gain. He is so devoted to following his oath that he refuses to let his mother and siblings convince him that eating meat in general won't automatically turn him into his father. This ironically is one of the things that make him a noble and honorable individual compared to typical Evil deities, despite being Evil by nature himself.
- An Ice Person: He is an incredibly talented ice mage, though not to the level of High King Kaldr of the Hoyklan Deer pantheon, the latter being a much older, experienced, and powerful deity of Winter. As such, Stoltur can radiate an aura of extreme cold, freeze his opponents into ice blocks, and summon blizzards, though he is best in creating ice barriers that can withstand even the strongest attacks. He has been known to even use his barriers offensively, such as bashing and crushing his enemies, producing ice spikes on his barriers to impale his opponents, and covering his front hooves with small yet hard ice bubbles to enhance his strikes. Fittingly, he is also born with a white pelt, and his beauty is described as being incredibly handsome, yet "cold and unnatural", and on top of that he has a natural talent in magic over ice and freezing, which he could use for both offensive and defensive purposes. As his ice magic comes from embodying Pride, it is a reflection of how pride itself can empower and protect, but also corrupt and harm those who have them.
- If I Wanted You Dead...: Many people think that he had his mortal followers infiltrate Winter Opera's Order of the Blue Rose religion so he could corrupt her and her followers for his own ends. As a 'constructively Evil' god, Stoltur begs to differ.Prince Stoltur Skjöldur: If I wanted to kill or corrupt that Order, I would have done it a LONG time ago. But Winter Opera and her followers have proven themselves honorable time and time again, so I wont do that. And plus, my darling Blue will be MOST displeased with me if anything befell his former student...
- I Gave My Word: One of his nobler traits, which sets him apart from his depraved father and other typical Evil deities.
- When he learned of the very long list of crimes and depravities his mortal father committed in life, he was so disgusted that he swore never to become like him. So while he's fine with participating in his family's depraved hedonism, he has treated all of his lovers (including his own siblings) very well whereas his father committed physical and emotional rape, and has notably taken a complete abstinence of meat and became a vegetarian, unlike his father who participated in unrestrained cannibalism. He still adheres to this oath even in the present day, which has impressed and frustrated his mother and siblings, despite their attempts to convince him that eating meat in general won't automatically turn him into his father.
- After listening to Golden Scepter's stories of Morning Star's atrocities and being absolutely horrified by them, he swore never to become like the Fallen antediluvian Alicorn god, either, never using his divine domains in the same way with mortals and divines that Morning Star had done with his own.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Defied and averted. Because his depraved mortal father participated in unrestrained cannibalism (among other things), he is adamant in not becoming like him in any way, which influenced him to swear off meat completely and become a staunch vegetarian. This applies to even meat from presumably non-sapient animals; despite his mother and siblings' attempts to convince him that eating meat in general won't automatically turn him into his father, he still managed to keep his word to this day.
- Intergenerational Friendship:
- His friend, Blue Suede Heartstrings, is a "Tier IV"-ranked Alicorn god who was born very early in the Second Age and thus is much older than him. It later upgrades to Interspecies Romance after Blue Suede fully recovers from his traumas and learns to accept his own prideful feelings.
- This also applies to Princess Winter Opera, who's roughly the same age as Blue Suede, and thus is much older than Stoltur. Much of their friendship is based on their shared experience of being born to evil and unrepentant fathers whose legacies haunted them, and their mutual respect and gratitude towards their role in helping Blue Suede in some way.
- Interspecies Friendship: He is a Bogolenya Deer-Draconequus god of Evil and Pride who was born in the cold realm of Cervidia during the Fourth Age. His friend, Blue Suede Heartstrings, is an Alicorn god of Music and Humility, born in southern Ponyland during the early parts of the Second Age. Later on, after helping Blue Suede overcome his issues and traumas regarding pride, he and Blue Suede - now Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria - would the Equestrian Pantheon and marry each other in a small wedding ceremony.
- Interspecies Romance: What his Interspecies Friendship with Blue Suede Heartstrings later evolves to. During his recovery, he finally understood Pride's beneficial aspects and accepted that it's okay to feel pride, which led to him and Stoltur becoming coltfriends. Later, after Blue Suede is crowned as Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria and they join the Equestrian Pantheon together, both he and Caerulus would marry each other in a small wedding ceremony.
- Karmic Jackpot: He became good friends with Blue Suede Heartstrings, the Alicorn god of Humility, and has been teaching him that pride does have benefits. He's eventually rewarded when Blue Suede, after recovering from a huge psychological breakdown, grows comfortable with expressing his own pride and later marries Stoltur after becoming Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria and joining the Equestrian Pantheon. In addition, Stoltur's act of falling in love with Caerulus and marrying him - thus uniting Pride and Humility together - leads to a karmic backlash that 'births' their son, Prince Perfect Tone.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: In battle, he carries with him a silver mirror-shield called Þráspegill, which translates to "Desire Mirror" in Icelandic. True to form, while it provides a source of defense in case he can't use his ice magic, Stoltur can also use it to make manifest his enemies' inner desires by conjuring illusionary images of what they desire most. His entry notes that should he lose his shield, he starts focusing on overwhelming strength and speed to make up for a lack of defense... though it also makes him vulnerable as he is more exposed, especially if he can't use his ice magic in place of his shield for some reason.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Shield of Perfection", due to being skilled with shields and creating barriers with his ice magic, as well as embodying the bad aspects of Perfection.
- MayDecember Romance: Technically, his marriage to Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria is this. Stoltur's a "Tier II"-ranked god (maximum age is 1000 years), while Caerulus is a "Tier IV"-ranked god (maximum age is 100,000 years), making him vastly older than Stoltur. Despite this, age doesn't really matter since deities grow differently than mortals, and Stoltur and Caerulus are Happily Married.
- Maligned Mixed Marriage: His marriage to Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, formerly known as Blue Suede Heartstrings, is this. While Caerulus' family, friends, and peers have accepted his decision to marry Stoltur due to the latter's importance to his self-esteem, many others were appalled that a god of Humility would marry an 'evil' god of Pride. This caused puristic individuals to try punish Stoltur for 'corrupting' Caerulus, though Caerulus' student, Princess Winter Opera, would protect them.
- MasculineFeminine Gay Couple: He forms one with his husband, Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria. Being a god of Pride, Stoltur is vain, bold, and assertive, while Caerulus, a god of Humility, is more empathetic, sensitive, and merciful. However, it's zigzagged as while Stoltur is the dominant partner, he has been helping Caerulus build his self-esteem by taking turns in being dominant/submissive during sex and encouraging him to take lead in general. This is extremely beneficial for Caerulus, who went through a particularly bad Trauma Conga Line that all but destroyed his sense of self-worth by the time he got out of it.
- Meaningful Name:
- His name translates to "Prideful Shield" in Icelandic. He is a divine son of Pokhot and embodies Pride just like her, and is an incredibly vain and sadistic yet honorable individual who can use shields, magical or otherwise, for both defensive and offensive purposes.
- His mirror-shield, Þráspegill, translates to "Desire Mirror" in Icelandic. It has the ability to distract enemies with their own reflections, and make manifest their inner desires by generating illusionary images of what they want the most.
- Metallic Motifs: Silver. His body and wings are described as being white with silver markings, and he wears white, silver, and blue regalia as a Prince of Pokhot's hell-fief. He is a god who embodies Pride, Perfection, and Potential, and is generally a competent Warrior Prince (when he isn't distracted by himself) by virtue of his mother, Pokhot, being the "Empress" of her own hell-fief. He also represents the mystical side of silver - he has empathic and precognitive powers, and bears a silver mirror-shield that conjures illusionary images of what his opponents desire the most.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Downplayed; his Draconequus heritage is less pronounced with him as his father is a mortal Cervidian Deer warlord, while Pokhot is half-Draconequus. Because of this, he only has the eyes and wings of a snowy owl, and the canines of an Arctic wolf.
- Momma's Boy: According to his family In-Universe, he was a "Momma's buck" when he was younger. Given how incestuous his maternal family can be, his love for his mother grew into something darker later on.
- Nightmare Fuel: In-Universe; when he listened to Golden Scepter's stories about Morning Star, he was so horrified by the Fallen antediluvian Alicorn god's atrocities that he would have nightmares for a while. He would then swear never to misuse his divine domains of Pride, Perfection, and Potential in the way Morning Star had done with his own.
- Noble Demon: He's a very prideful and narcissistic individual, being quite vain and deriving sadistic pleasure in breaking and demeaning others. He also participates in the depraved hedonism that his mother and siblings enjoy. However, his entry notes that as the living embodiment of the bad aspects of Pride, Perfection, and Potential, he tests mortals by swelling their egos and tricking them into accepting his offers of power by convincing them to abandon their friends and morals. He's also honorable and noble who strives to keep himself from falling into "careless" evil as his birth father and many other deities (such as Morning Star) had done, and always abides by his oaths even if he has every opportunity to go back on them. Outside of work, while he can be a bit aloof and sardonic, he genuinely loves his family and relatives, and treats his male and female lovers well (even if said lovers include his own siblings). He's also a loving and supportive husband to Blue Suede Heartstrings, now Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, whom he married after joining the Equestrian Pantheon together.
- Odd Couple: What he and Caerulus became after marrying. Stoltur's a God of Evil and Pride and thus is vain, cruel, and assertive, while Caerulus is a god of Humility who is kind, merciful, and humble. Despite their opposing natures, it's been established that humility cannot exist without pride, and because of this, they're Happily Married, with Stoltur supporting Caerulus and helping him build his self-confidence.
- Odd Friendship: Much like Golden Scepter and Temnobog before him, he would befriend Blue Suede Heartstrings, a benevolent, humble, and kind-hearted Alicorn god who's older than him. As it turned out, they countered and balanced each other; as the Alicorn god of Humility, Blue decreases pride so he could redeem mortals and help them become kinder, while Stoltur, the Deer god of Evil and Pride, increases pride to weed out the wicked. Blue also serves as a calming influence on Stoltur because he can radiate an empathic aura that lessens pride, something the latter appreciates. In turn, Stoltur has been encouraging Blue to have a little more pride in himself because he often gives himself too little credit for his own accomplishments, even when it's well-deserved. Canteros predicts that they might become lovers in the future, due to their compatibility and closeness as friends, which later comes true when Stoltur ends up marrying Blue Suede after the latter accepts his prideful feelings, becomes Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, and joins the Equestrian Pantheon.
- One Head Taller: Justified with him and Caerulus, as deities age differently than mortals in the Codexverse. Because Stoltur is a "Tier II"-ranked god, he's much shorter than his husband Caerulus, an older "Tier IV"-ranked deity. Because of his tall height, Caerulus is often mistaken to be the dominant partner, but it's inverted in that it's Stoltur who is dominant. Despite the sheer size difference, both Stoltur and Caerulus don't see it as a problem since the latter can just shrink himself down so they can match, especially during sex.
- Opposites Attract: Despite their respective natures as gods of Pride and Humility, he and Blue Suede ended up falling in love while the latter was recovering from his issues and PTSD over being abused by various people and witnessing the harm pride can do. Eventually, they marry after joining the Equestrian Pantheon together, with Stoltur helping Blue Suede (now Prince Caerulus) build his self-confidence by encouraging him to take lead himself and taking turns on being dominant/submissive during sex. While Blue Suede's family and friends have accepted this, others like the Poenan Pantheon were appalled over an 'evil' deity marrying a 'good' one and have tried attacking them for it.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: As a god of Pride, he can be quite sadistic in breaking and demeaning the pride and self-worth of others - he often joins his siblings, and demonic servants and champions in humiliating the damned shades in Pokhot's hell-fief by elevating those who caught their interest to higher status, only to throw them away once they're not of use anymore. As noted in Pokhot's entry, this is done as punishment towards the damned shades themselves, who often did similar crimes to innocent people in life.
- Pelts of the Barbarian: Despite his feelings towards his mortal father, he still wears the fashions of Cervidia, his homeland, which consists of white, silver, and dark blue regalia with thick clothes, cloaks, and pelts. It's double-subverted in that personality-wise, he behaves more like a prideful and aristocratic, if evil and depraved Noble Demon, given that he and his many half-siblings were raised heavily influenced by higher culture... but that does not make him any less of a fierce warrior than his father's people.
- Pride: His entry notes that he embodies Pokhot's prideful aspects, as he inherited his divine domain of Pride from her. Much like his mother, he often brags about his accomplishments to anyone who listens, spends hours preening himself until he looks perfect, and gets incensed at both real and perceived insults to his ego. He also takes his pride farther by developing the tendency to get distracted by his own reflection, even in the middle of a fight. And as his folder quote shows, he holds extremely high standards in who gets to become like the gods themselves, cutting down those who fall short of his expectations. Power-wise, he is an empath who can both encourage and strip away prideful feelings in mortals (though he hates doing the latter as it leaves his victims little more than Empty Shells), and is an incredibly talented ice mage who can use ice for both defensive and offensive purposes, echoing how Pride can both empower and corrupt people.
- Psychic Powers: He has empathy and precognition, both of which he inherited from his mother, Pokhot.
- Seers: His entry notes that as the god of Potential, he has inherited Pokhot's precognitive abilities, which make him see both the good and bad potential of people, and what they could be even years ahead.
- Semi-Divine: He was born the son of Pokhot, an Evil Deer-Draconequus hybrid goddess and member of the Four Terrors, and a mortal Cervidian Deer stag who was an incredibly depraved warlord in life. After Pokhot secretly sabotaged Stoltur's father and left him to die at the hooves of his own subjects, she would take little Stoltur with her and raise him herself, teaching him the philosophy of "constructive" Evil until he grew up and Ascended to true godhood.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: His friendship with Blue Suede Heartstrings had this dynamic - he's the 'Manly Man' who is prideful, cruel, and vain, while Blue Suede is the 'Sensitive Guy' who is sensitive, merciful, and kind. After Blue Suede is crowned as Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria and they get married, they turn into a MasculineFeminine Gay Couple where Stoltur is the dominant partner and Blue Suede/Caerulus Melodia is the submissive partner. However, it's zigzagged as Stoltur has been helping Caerulus become more confident by taking turns on being dominant/submissive during sex and encouraging him to take lead in general.
- Silver Has Mystic Powers: In battle, he carries with him a mirror-shield, Þráspegill, which distracts his opponents with their own reflections and makes manifest their inner desires by showing them illusionary images of what they desire most. On a figurative level, his physical appearance is described as having silver markings on his body and wings, and he's a powerful god whose abilities revolve around the concepts he embodies.
- So Proud of You: He's very proud of Winter Opera for not only founding an Order that promotes benevolent use of dark magic, but also resisting his attempts to corrupt her and her followers by ensuring her own followers don't become corrupt themselves.
- Super Empowering: Much like Luminiferous, he can do this.
- Using his domain of Perfection, he can empower his allies' physical and mental capabilities to their peak, though this does not mean they cannot learn anything new while empowered. As his entry notes, when he uses it on mortals, it's usually to encourage them to improve themselves so they could become the best they can be.
- Using his domain of Potential, he can empower people with their future potential, but unlike Luminiferous, he encourages his targets to take "shortcuts" in achieving their future potential by either accepting deals from him or searching obsessively for magical artifacts that would likely endanger and curse them.
- Superior Successor: It's implied that Golden Scepter sees him as this to Morning Star. Both Morning Star and Stoltur are prideful and sadistically cruel beings, except Morning Star had grown so arrogant that he destroyed the Alicorn Civilization and nearly ruined the entire world just to fulfill his own twisted ideas of perfection. Despite Stoltur having similar evil and prideful qualities, his honor code and genuine love for his family keeps him from sinking to the depths of depravity that Morning Star had reached in his time. This once caused Golden Scepter to remark that Stoltur heavily reminds him of Morning Star if he became a "constructive" Evil deity and helped the Alicorns prosper by motivating them with his Evil. True to form, when Stoltur listened to Golden Scepter's stories of Morning Star's atrocities, he was so horrified that he had nightmares about it and swore never to become like the Fallen antediluvian Alicorn god.
- Token Evil Teammate: Much like the rest of his infernal family, hew was this to the entire Bogolenya Deer Pantheon, as he spread Evil to test mortals and punished the damned shades in his mother's hell-fiefs for their crimes in life. After joining the Equestrian Pantheon to be with his husband, Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, he becomes this for the aforementioned pantheon, as Equestria's Hell-Realms needed someone to properly govern it. The same goes for those of his family who left the Bogolenya Deer Pantheon to join him in Equestria.
- Villain Respect:
- As the Evil god of Pride, Perfection, and Potential, he's delighted whenever his victims either give in to their pride completely, and/or accept offers from him to become as powerful as they could potentially be without going the long way like Luminiferous's students have done. However, he's even more delighted when people resist him and avoid the shortcuts he offers, eventually becoming truly heroic and powerful as he makes them believe they could be.
- He is thankful towards Princess Winter Opera for helping Blue Suede defeat the Colonel and saving him from becoming a Fallen Alicorn. The feeling is mutual, as Winter Opera appreciates him for looking after her mentor's emotional/mental well-being. He's also quite proud of Winter Opera for founding The Order revolving around benevolent usage of dark magic, and resisting the temptations of power and pride that comes with it.
- Warrior Prince: He is a Prince by virtue of his mother, Pokhot, being the "Empress" of her hell-fief, and is a powerful Evil god of Pride, Perfection, and Potential who is also a very competent and deadly fighter.
- What You Are in the Dark: Whenever he makes an oath, Stoltur always sticks with it, even when he's at home. A prominent example is his decision to completely abstain from meat, which stemmed from the fact that when his mortal father was alive, one of the crimes he committed was unrestrained cannibalism. Despite attempts by his mother and his siblings to convince him otherwise, Stoltur still refuses to give in because if he goes back on his word, he'll become no better than his depraved father. His entry notes that this is a rather impressive feat, since most Evil deities often don't stick by their word.
- White Hair, Black Heart: He's described as being a white-furred Deer-Draconequus hybrid god with a handsome yet incredibly cold and unnatural beauty. He's also an Evil god of Pride, Perfection, and Potential, and due to his nature, he's an incredibly prideful and narcissistic individual who takes sadistic pleasure in breaking and demeaning others' pride, and sees nothing wrong with participating in the depravities that his mother and siblings enjoy, such as their massive, often incestuous orgies. As his folder quote shows, he holds very high standards for the mortals he tests, and believes that only those who he deems worthy can become gods like him. However, it's subverted in that as a follower of "constructive" Evil, he serves as a divine tester for mortals, representing the bad sides of Pride, Perfection, and Potential and the consequences of pursuing all three without compassion and restraint. Outside of work, while he's a bit aloof and sardonic, he genuinely loves his family and relatives, and is a very honorable and noble individual by their standards. He's also a loving and supportive husband to long-time friend Blue Suede Heartstrings/Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, whom he married after joining the Equestrian Pantheon, and an equally loving father to infant Prince Perfect Tone.
- Wicked Cultured: Justified; because Pride (and Lust) is often rooted in higher culture/society, he and his many divine and demi-divine siblings were raised heavily influenced by things like art, music, science, and literature. Stoltur himself is knowledgeable and skilled in these areas, what with being immortal, but he is especially noted to be a wine sommelier who specializes in tasting, analyzing, and pairing wines and other alcohols with certain foods. This makes him an ideal partner for those working under his surviving uncle, Bolezn, the Master of Pestilence, who are themselves skilled chefs.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: He is capable of combining his Pride magic with Blue Suede's Humility magic to create a devastating attack, which played an important role in helping Blue Suede permanently kill 'The Colonel', the psychic manifestation of Blue Suede's suppressed traumas and negative traits.
- You Remind Me of X: Golden Scepter has once remarked that Stoltur reminds him of Morning Star, if he actually used his evil to help the Alicorns prosper by motivating them to stay good instead of making everyone suffer to satisfy his own ego. True to form, Stoltur was horrified by Golden Scepter's stories of Morning Star and the atrocities he had done in life, to the point where he had nightmares about it and swore never to follow Morning Star's example.
- Your Heart's Desire: His mirror-shield, Þráspegill has the ability to make manifest people's inner desires by conjuring illusionary images of what they desire the most. Fittingly, Þráspegill's name means "Desire Mirror" in Icelandic.
Prince Perfect Tone
Divine Classification: Ethereal
Portfolio: Temperance, Music, Potential, Dreams
Prince Perfect Tone (his entry here) is the Equestrian Alicorn-Deer Draconequus god of Temperance, Music, Potential, and Dreams, and is by far one of the youngest members of the Equestrian Pantheon.
- All Your Powers Combined: In-Universe, he's speculated to have diluted versions of all the mortal Pony tribes' magics, due to being part Alicorn from Caerulus' side.
- Animal Motifs: His chimeric traits are based on animals that oppose each other and/or prey on each other, such as cats and dogs, and certain birds (i.e. Bluejays are predators of Goldfinches). This refers to him being the 'biological' son of two gods whose natures fundamentally oppose each other yet complete each other in a way that they're able to fall in love and become Happily Married.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's an Equestrian Alicorn-Deer Draconequus god who embodies Temperance, Music, Potential, and Dreams.
- The Baby of the Bunch: While he, Flurry Heart, and Léon are the youngest members of the Equestrian Pantheon overall (not counting Cild, an ancient Draconequus god who appears as a child), Perfect Tone is the youngest of his age group due to being 'born' sometime after Léon and Flurry Heart.
- Cheerful Child: His entry describes him as a cheerful baby who's frequently laughing and smiling, and is very trusting of the people who are in both of his fathers' lives.
- The Cutie: He's a small, chubby, and adorable infant Alicorn-Deer Draconequus which, combined with his Temperance-based empathy, tends to make even amoral/villainous people act nicely towards him.
- Divine Parentage: Prince Caerulus and Prince Stoltur are his biological parents due to Perfect Tone being 'born' from the karmic backlash of them marrying each other despite their opposing natures as gods of Humility and Pride, respectively.
- The Empath: His Temperance domain gives him the ability to project an empathic aura that regulates one's behavior and prevents it from going into extremes; for example, prideful beings like Prince Ace and Prince Stoltur become more humble, while humble beings like Blue Suede/Prince Caerulus become more prideful. This also makes him a Morality Pet, as his empathy regulates the bad impulses of amoral/villainous beings and makes them act more protective and kinder towards him.
- Follow in My Footsteps: Defied. Despite many expecting great things from Perfect Tone, his fathers, Princes Caerulus and Stoltur, have made it very clear that their son will be receiving a normal upbringing, as trying to foist people's expectations onto a baby or child is emotionally/mentally harmful to them.
- Half-Human Hybrid: He's half-Alicorn and half-Deer Draconequus due to being the biological son of Prince Caerulus (an Alicorn) and Prince Stoltur (a Deer Draconequus).
- Has Two Mommies: Gender-inverted. He was born to two fathers when Prince Careulus Melodia married his long-time friend, Stoltur Skjöldur, creating a huge karmic backlash from Humility uniting with Pride that spawned an infant deity. Because of this, Caerulus and Stoltur are by all intents and purposes his biological parents.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Despite serving as a Morality Pet for both amoral and villainous individuals, his entry notes that he can sometimes be too trusting, and needs to be protected by his friends and family. Justified as he's a baby with no clear sense of right or wrong yet.
- Made of Magic: He's classified as an "Ethereal" deity, due to having spawned from a magical karmic backlash that resulted from Prince Caerulus and Prince Stoltur marrying each other, despite their opposing natures as gods of Humility and Pride, respectively. This makes them the biological 'parents' of Perfect Tone for all intents and purposes.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: As an infant god of Music, one ability he inherited from his father, Caerulus, is the ability to unleash powerful sonic screams. Being a baby, it only manifests when he's really upset and/or throwing a tantrum.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Being a Alicorn-Deer Draconequus means that he has chimeric traits that were either inherited from his fathers, or pertain to animals that oppose and/or prey on each other. He has a small Alicorn horn, a small pair of budding Deer antlers, the right wing of an American Goldfinch, the left wing of a Bluejay, the right front leg of a Scottish Fold, and the left hind leg of a Golden Retriever.
Discord, the Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony
Divine Classification: N/A
- Abusive Parents: Discord was not a good father to his kids as a villain. He mentally abused Cudnost for being heroic and virtuous (and then quickly left her to Ispita and her siblings after failing to corrupt her), and ended up driving his previously heroic and kind-hearted eldest daughter, Anarchie, insane. While he treated his evil children better, he still abandoned and forgot about them when he escaped. He feels extremely bad about this after his HeelFace Turn.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: It's heavily implied that he embodies Chaos, owing to his epithet.
- Arch-Enemy: Blackthorn and Blackrose despise him, and for very good reason. Blackrose has laid her grudge on him aside, at least for now, in light of his redemption, but still decidedly doesn't like him. Blackthorn has not let Discord's redemption stop him, on the other hoof, having already executed several off-screen schemes to try and destroy him.
- Badass Boast: A Changeling King from the Summer Court tried to get to him through Fluttershy. Discord's response was to threat to show the King why 'your father hasn't killed me yet.' The Changeling King didn't listen and was last seen being thrown into another dimension.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Deconstructed: he didn't bother to remember every monstrous thing he did back when he was evil because there were so many. This comes back to bite him, and Equestria, square in the flank when one of those evil deeds was imprisoning King Iussum and his wife in a demiplain of chaos and forgetting about them, resulting in them not being very accepting of his reformation upon escaping.
- Defeating the Undefeatable:
- To note, last time he was loose and on the warpath, he was at war with everyone for over 500 years, and even then only beaten by two other gods armed with the Elements which are a gift to Equus from the Genesis Sovereign. One thing that gained the Mane Six international recognition is they beat him in a matter of days.
- Many, many beings have tried to reform him, but all have failed miserably or, in the case of some like Cosmos, ended up corrupted themselves. Fluttershy successfully did so. She's also one of the few beings who has ever managed to consistently beat his mind games.
- The Dreaded: Discord is, as in canon, an incredibly powerful and dangerous Reality Warper. Notably, he managed to more or less last over a 500 plus years at war with everyone during the War Against Chaos. While he had minions back then, this was more than enough that everyone was horrified of the idea of him starting another one, which would have happened had he not been defeated by the Mane Six. Even after his HeelFace Turn he's extremely feared and infamous.
- Eldritch Abomination: Being the son of a Grand Primeval, especially Kaos, the Chaos Primeval, he's this. Taken Up to Eleven with a drabble revealing he's not simply Kaos' son, but rather a piece of the Void Sovereign Kaos did something with.
- Evil Overlord: Once conquered Equestria and ruled it as a chaotic tyrant for over 500 years. He notably refuses to be named King of Friendship Gardens after marrying Fluttershy, instead willingly taking the title of Prince-Regent, showing just how much he's changed from his days as one of these.
- Evil Counterpart: It turns out he's this to the Tree of Harmony as he's created from the Void Sovereign, while the Tree of Harmony was made from a seed created by the Genesis Sovereign specifically to counter him. Downplayed after his redemption, as while no longer evil, he's still much more antagonistic. This also means he can sacrifice some of his power to create his own counterpart to the Elements of Harmony, he just never had reason to do while a villain.
- Freudian Excuse: It's implied that discovering he's a piece of the Void Sovereign, the cause of the end of the Second Age and a cosmic EldritchAbomination contributed majorly to his fall to evil.
- Greater-Scope Villain: Prior to reformation, Discord had a record of infamy whose consequences are still felt to the present day.
- Everything involving the Changelings - their origins, their hardships, their very nature - is implied to be directly or indirectly his fault for his role in the Fall. This earned him the feared titles of 'The Curser' and 'The Serpent of Amorea' among the Changelings and very personal enmity with the Changeling Progenitors themselves.
- Also responsible for Cosmos' fall to madness and evil in a scenario much like the Joker and Harley Quinn, making him indirectly responsible the 'Cosmos Incident' down the line when she come back for her 'Darling D'.
- Had many children with Ispita the Deceiver, a Fallen Draconequus like he is, who would return in the present day to help their mother out with her plans to break free from her seals and plunge the world into evil and vice. Some, like Anarchie, used to be sweet-hearted and heroic individuals until they were corrupted into madness by him, something that Discord would come to deeply regret years later after his HeelFace Turn.
- His actions towards King Iussum and his wife back when he was equal directly resulted in the War Against Order when they were corrupted by everything he put them through and came back for revenge.
- Happily Married: Eventually marries Fluttershy and becomes Prince-Regent of Friendship Garden as a result.
- HeelFace Turn: As in canon, made one due to Fluttershy. What made it even more notable is that the Codexverse version of him was a decidedly morally-bankrupt person.
- I Love You Because I Can't Control You: It's theorized in universe one reason Fluttershy succeeded where all others failed and redeemed him is because he's never been able to beat her with his mind games, something exceedingly rare.
- Laser-Guided Karma: The War Against Order Arc is essentially his cruelty and evil back in his wicked days blowing up in his and Equestria's face when one of his playthings from back when he was monstrously evil returns for their revenge.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Him not bothering to remember every terrible thing he's done results in him leaving King Iussum and his wife trapped in a Demiplain of chaos even after his redemption. It's pointed out that had he remembered and freed them when he reformed, the entire War Against Order could've been averted.
- Pieces of God: He's revealed to have been created from a fragment of the Void Sovereign.
- Precursor Killers:
- Discord's responsible for the destruction of the Old Equestrian Empire (though it was already on decline) and the Old Equestrian Pantheon. Pakak and his three children were among the few survivors of the attack.
- It's heavily implied he caused the destruction of the precursor civilization and the creation of the Changelings. Because of this, all of Changelingkind, especially the Changeling Progenitors, have an undying grudge against him, who they call "The Serpent of Amorea".
- Reality Ensues: He's reformed...but a lot of creatures and gods remember what he did and aren't exactly forgiving towards him. Deconstructed when one of those atrocities results in King Iussum and his wife being corrupted into Despotic Destiny and Broken Harmony and returning on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
- Reality Warper: As in canon, he's this. To note, despite her being a Primeval, he's even in power with Queen Mab I. It's implied this is due to being a piece of the Void Sovereign who gained independent existence.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Part of his Start of Darkness is implied to have been discovering that, rather than Kaos' son, he's actually a piece of the Void Sovereign Kaos did something with.
- Worf Had the Flu: He's defeated and captured by Despotic Destiny, but it's noted the two would've been evenly matched had Discord not been weakened by creating the Elements of Chaos before hand. Even then, Discord put up a huge fight.
Pakak, the Trickster/Mischief
Divine Classification: Elemental/Ethereal
Portfolio: Karma, Trickery, Pranks
"Ain't I a stinker?"
Pakak (his entry here) is the younger brother of Discord, and the Draconequus god of Karma, Trickery, and Pranks.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's an Equestrian Draconequus god who embodies Karma, Trickery, and Pranks.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Discord's Cain. Ironically, by the time they meet again in the present, Discord's performed a HeelFace Turn and the two reconcile.
- Divine Date: At one point in his life, he fell in love and had children with a mortal pony wife, Shady. During this time, he took the form of a pony and loved her dearly.
- Karmic Transformation: Invoked, as he is a god of Karma.
- Much of his spells involving this area depend on how bad his targets' karma is, such as spending a year or two as a dog. One such example is his transformation of Sunnytown's Cutie Pox-phobic residents into zombies to punish them for their murder of Ruby Heart, a young filly, who earned a Cutie Mark and was immediately deemed 'infected' with Cutie Pox. Because Ruby Heart let fear motivate them into doing cruel things for the sake of their town, they became things that made people run away in fear.
- He also taught Blue Suede Heartstrings, now Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, these type of curses and hexes, since learning Humility sometimes involves humiliating prideful people in order to force them to acknowledge their flaws and change. Since Caerulus embodies Humility, he became a natural at it and used the karmic spells taught by Pakak to punish the corrupt Canterlot nobility for their crimes, something that made Pakak himself extremely proud to the point of crying.
- MayflyDecember Romance: Implied. He once dated and married the First Age pony heroine, Shady, siring his children Arlequin, Katharsis, and Cild through her. There is no indication of Shady's presence in the Fourth Age beyond sparse mentions of her in the Codex, indicating that she was eventually outlived by her family after they Ascended to godhood.
- Mentor Archetype: He became one of many deities who taught Blue Suede Heartstrings/Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria new abilities so Caerulus can explore his domains and himself as a person. One of the things Pakak taught is various curses and hexes, especially of the transforming kind, since part of learning Humility humiliating prideful people to force them to acknowledge their flaws and change. As a god of Humility, Caerulus proved to be a natural at wielding these curses and proceeded to use them as punishments for Equestria's corrupt nobility and racial supremacist factions, which made Pakak extremely proud to the point of crying.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: As a Draconequus, he has various chimeric traits that pertain to his personality - he has the antlers of an elk, the left arm of a black bear, the right arm of a coyote, the right wing of a bat and the left wing of a raven, the right leg of a grey wolf, the left leg of a deer, the fangs of a rattle snake, and the tail of a skunk.
- Morality-Guided Attack: His most powerful spells use the karma of the target. This is one reason he was recruited to help fight Surtr: as monstrous as Surtr is, he had so much bad karma it let Pakak be a major threat to him.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: As a god of Pranks and Karma, he tends to reserve his worst spells for people with bad karma, though it depends on how severe their crimes are. When he learned that Cutie Pox-phobic residents of Sunnytown murdered and cremated a young filly for gaining a Cutie Mark, Pakak furiously cursed them to spend the rest of eternity as zombies. They would never be able to rest, or leave their home, until they took responsibility for their actions and atoned honestly. Pakak was noted to have felt not a single ounce of remorse for what he did.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: He's described as having red eyes. While he's a benevolent god, he can be extremely dangerous, especially when the target(s) of his ire has acquired a lot of bad karma through their actions. A notable example is his cursing of Sunnytown, for which he showed absolutely no remorse.
- Rhymes on a Dime: His reciting the curse that would turn all of Sunnytown into zombies for their crimes was entirely in rhyme."Fear you let rule your hearts, and cut off an innocent life at it's start.
So from this day forth you shall roam this place, striking terror on any face.
As beasts neither dead or alive, in a place where nothing thrives.
Each year this day will repeat, reminding you of this horrible fete.
Until your actions you come to own, you shall reap what you have sown.
Only when you accepted and repented for your crime, will this curse run out its time."
- Sealed Good in a Can: Was sealed in a locket by Discord during his reign for opposing him. Discord ultimately frees him with Rainbow and Pinkie's help to make up for it.
- So Proud of You: He was extremely proud of his student, Blue Suede Heartstrings/Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, when he witnessed the latter's actions in punishing the corrupt Canterlot nobility during the "Second Equestrian Civil War" and other related events, which also provided prime material for Katharsis to photograph and mail to said nobility's victims. He was noted to be so proud that he cried Tears of Joy.Pakak: *Sniff* My student has come so far...!
- Tranquil Fury: His reaction to the Cutie Pox-phobic Sunnytowners murdering an innocent filly out of paranoia was that of calm anger; according to his writer, this was invoked as being calm made Pakak scarier than if he was furiously angry.
Arlequin, the Prankster
Portfolio: Pranks, Enthusiasm, Optimism
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater), formally Demi-Goddess
"Laughter is the best medicine!"
Arlequin (her entry here) is the Draconequus goddess of Pranks, Enthusiasm, and Optimism, and is one of two daughters of Pakak.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Equestrian Draconequus goddess who embodies Pranks, Enthusiasm, and Optimism.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Prankster" due to being the Draconequus goddess of Pranks, as well as a natural prankster just like her father, Pakak.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Much like her father, Pakak, she has chimeric traits that pertain to her personality. In her case, her chimeric traits revolve around mischievous animals, such as her right arm being a Hyena's, and her left arm being a Coyote like Pakak's.
Katharsis, the Confidant
Divine Classification: Elemental/Ethereal
Portfolio: Emotional Venting, Closure, Catharsis
Rank: Divine (Tier III/Greater); formerly a demigoddess
"Just let it all out."
Katharsis (her entry here) is the Draconequus goddess of Closure, Catharsis, and Emotional Venting, and is one of two daughters of Pakak.
- Affectionate Nickname: Her younger brother, Cild, calls her "Kathy".
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Equestrian Draconequus goddess who embodies Emotional Venting, Closure, and Catharsis.
- The Empath: Her entry describes this trope as her primary power. As the goddess of Emotional Venting and Closure, she can sense and bring emotions to the surface, if it'll help emotionally-afflicted victims heal from their traumas. She can also break people's emotional "plugs" and release all of their bottled-up emotions at once, though she only does so when necessary.
- Heroic Lineage: Her mortal mother was Shady, a legendary G1 Paradise Pony from the First Age.
- In-Universe Catharsis: One of her domains is catharsis. She helps situations, literal or not, reach their conclusion, even dishing out Laser-Guided Karma for those who angered her. This is what separates her from her father, Pakak - while Pakak merely sends a villain falling to their death as karma, Katharsis would take it further by making the villain hit every outcropping available on the way down, making them look as pathetic as they really are to their victims. It's noted that Katharsis may have had some role in the downfall of both divine and mortal villains in the past, such as the humiliating defeat of Abyssinian goddess Fik'iri, as well as giving her sister Arlequin the idea of giving an evil Giant baron a humiliating demise.
- Meaningful Name:
- Her Punny Name is based on the word "catharsis", an emotional process that involves release and providing relief from strong/repressed emotions. She's a goddess of Catharsis, and her primary role is to help people earn closure in various ways, such as punishing their tormentors and/or releasing any emotions that are strong or bottled up.
- Her birth name, Comforting Shade, refers to cool shades being used as places of rest during hot days. In her case, she is a source of comfort for those who suffer from strong and/or repressed emotions due to various traumas.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Much like her father, Pakak, she has chimeric traits that pertain to her personality. In her case, her chimeric traits revolve around pets who bring comfort to their owners, such as the right leg of a dog, the left leg of a cat, and the tail of a skunk.
- Punny Name: Her name sounds like "catharsis", but spelled with a 'K'.
- Revenge: Subverted; despite her tendency to dish out humiliating Laser-Guided Karma to her foes, she's not a goddess of vengeance. She only helps situations reach their conclusion, and helps emotionally-afflicted people achieve catharsis by exposing those who wronged them as pathetic.
- Semi-Divine: She was born with partial divine heritage because of a union between her father, the karmic god Pakak, and her mother, Shady, a heroic Paradise Pony mare from the First Age. She would eventually Ascend and become a full-time goddess.
Cild, the Inner Child
Divine Classification: Ascendant
Portfolio: Childhood, Inner Child, Play
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater); formerly a Demigod
"Everyone's got an inner child - there's nothing wrong with embracing it so long as there's no harm done!"
Cild (his entry here) is the Draconequus god of Childhood, the Inner Child, and Play, and is the only son of Pakak.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's an Equestrian Draconequus god who embodies Childhood, the Inner Child, and Play.
- Affectionate Nickname: He calls his older sister, Katharsis, "Kathy".
- Dual Age Modes: He is well-versed in age manipulation, and has the ability to turn people into children and/or adults, depending on how old they are at the time of transformation. This is because he embodies the concepts of Childhood and the Inner Child, and his role is to help others understand the dangers of trying to grow up too fast.
- Fountain of Youth: His entry notes that as the god of Childhood and the Inner Child, he is well-versed in age manipulation. He has been known to turn adults into children as part of some of his games, and vice-versa.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Inner Child" due to embodying all the good aspects of childhood in terms of personality - including creativity, happiness, and imagination - and helping people rediscover their "inner child" by reconnecting them with things they once enjoyed in their youth.
- Meaningful Rename: Back when he was a demigod, his name was Shadow Trick, referring to magical illusions constructed with shadows as entertainment for children. When he Ascended to true godhood, his name changed to Cild, referring to how he embodies the concept of someone's Childhood and/or Inner Child.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Due to his role and the concepts he embodies, he's a Draconequus god who has the traits of "cute" animals, such as kittens and Cuddle Spiders. He also inherited his father's antlers.
- Punny Name: His name is essentially the word "Child" with the 'h' taken out.
- Really 700 Years Old: Justified. Despite often appearing as a young child, he's actually an ancient Draconequus god, having been born to Pakak and Shady, a mortal First-Age Pony heroine from Paradise Estate. This means that his true age is around 10,000 to 100,000 years.
Fluttercruel/Odyne Delilah Posey/Cruelty
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: Demi-Goddess/Element Barrier/Anti-Heroine
Faction: Counsel of Friendship
"Sometimes, you have to be cruel to be kind."
Fluttercruel (her entry here) is the oldest biological "daughter" of Fluttershy and Discord, and is a benevolent if anti-heroic individual despite her origins.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She's a Demi-Goddess of Cruelty, but genuinely benevolent and heroic, if more of an Anti-Hero.
- Heroic Bastard: She's the daughter of Discord and Fluttershy due to a bizarre magical phenomena. As Discord was still a bad guy at the time, she's this trope.
- Mama Bear: Inverted; it was Fluttercruel who emerged to protect her "mother", Fluttershy, from the mad goddess Cosmos, to the point where she managed to injure her despite Cosmos being at the height of her power.
- Sadist: She's noted as being inherently sadistic due to her status as a Demi-Goddess of Cruelty, but channels it productively to only enjoy harming those who deserve it.
- Semi-Divine: She's half-Draconequus, and thus a Demi-Goddess.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: Due to her unique origins, she's able to act as a medium to combine her mother's Harmony magic with her own Chaos magic to this effect.
The Tree of Harmony
- Botanical Abomination: Appears as a crystal tree. In actuality, it's a extremely powerful goddess who is a spawn of the Genesis Sovereign, making it the 'aunt' of the Grand Primevals.
- Big Good: As in canon, it serves as one for Equestria.
- Evil Counterpart: Inverted; it's a good counterpart to Discord, being the equal and opposite force of Harmony to his Chaos. It also was sent to Equus specifically to serve as a counter for him. It also serves as one to Despotic Destiny, and is the reason Ponyville, Everfree, and the surrounding area is a safe zone.
Sunny, the Protector of Music
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: Medical Dog/Domesticated Glory Hound/Divine Pet
Faction: Equestrian Pantheon
Sunny (her entry here) is a divine Glory Hound and a benevolent medical dog for Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria.
- Emotion Eater: Like all Glory Hounds, she's an 'Emotivore' who feeds on pride, though being domesticated means she feeds on healthy pride and not the wicked arrogance that her wild counterparts encourage. As such, she is both The Empath and a telepath who can sense pride or feelings of depression/low self-confidence in others. And the more pride she feeds on, the more powerful and beautiful she becomes. When completely full, shes strong enough to potentially take on an army by herself, which especially became the case after turning into a divine creature.
- The Empath: As an Emotion Eater, she has psychic empathy that allows her to sense/encourage prideful feelings in others, or feelings of depression and low self-confidence. After becoming a divine creature, her empathy is enhanced, giving her the ability to project an aura that encourages healthy pride in others, making them feel loved for who they are and happy in their own accomplishments.
- Friend to All Children: She's fond of children, and can be quite protective of them. One example is Prince Perfect Tone, the infant son of Blue Suede/Caerulus and Prince Stoltur Skjöldur, whom she looks after to help his parents.
- Gentle Giant: After becoming a divine creature, she became much larger than the average Glory Hound, reaching Blue Suede/Caerulus' shoulders when he's in his true Alicorn form. She's a motherly and supportive pet whose purpose as a medical dog is to help people deal with depression and low self-esteem by encouraging healthy pride.
- Interspecies Friendship: She would befriend Chubby, a cross-dimensional Corgi and Rosy Dreams' therapy pet. They can communicate just fine due to her having Telepathy, but Chubby sometimes tires her with his excitable nature.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Protector of Music", due to being the beloved medical dog of Blue Suede/Caerulus (who embodies Music) and a source of emotional support for both Caerulus' loved ones (many of whom are Second Age musicians and celebrities who suffered from self-esteem issues) and mortal worshipers.
- Neat Freak: Like all Glory Hounds, she dislikes being dirty and will compulsively clean herself if it happens.
- One Steve Limit: Averted; she shares her name with quite a few people, such as Sunny Love, Sunny Mane Vaughoof, and Sunny Field Vaughoof.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: She's the 'Huge Girl' to Chubby's 'Tiny Guy'. She's a large divine Glory Hound who became that way via Blue Suede/Caerulus blessing her with his divine power, while Chubby is a small Corgi who is strongly implied to have been summoned from the human world by Prince Fanged Paw.
- Telepathy: Like all Glory Hounds, she has telepathic abilities, though being domesticated means she uses them to encourage healthy pride. After being blessed by Blue Suede/Caerulus and turned into an immortal divine creature, her telepathy is enhanced, with the added bonus of being able to make more complex responses due to having borderline Pony-like intelligence.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: As a domesticated Glory Hound who is trained as a medical dog, her purpose is to help those who are suffering from psychological maladies such as depression and low self-esteem. This is prominently shown with her relationship with her master Blue Suede/Caerulus; because he came from a place with toxic attitudes and suffered from three Ages worth of trauma, Sunny encourages him to feel healthy pride by reminding her master of his achievements and telling him to take pride in who he is. This also applies to Blue Suede/Caerulus' loved ones and mortal worshipers, many of whom also suffered from lingering trauma and/or were victims of abuse. And whenever someone angsts over their flaws supposedly making them less of a person, she always has this to say:Sunny: Being flawed doesn't make you lesser or 'stupid', as you claim. It just means that you are sapient, and being flawed is part of sapience. As my master learned, one cannot learn or live without flaws. I have observed that other creatures lead much happier lives when they accept their flaws than when they try to suppress them. So whatever you think are flaws, there is nothing wrong with living with them. It's how you react to your flaws and handle them that matters.