While the creature will interact with anyone, it seems to have a special interest in those who are unhappy or hurt in any way. Persons suffering from crippling depression, after interacting with SCP-999, have returned completely cured with a very positive outlook on life. The possibility of marketing SCP-999s slime as an antidepressant has been discussed."
Positive emotions and virtues like love and gratitude usually are not physical concepts. You can't see them; you can't feel them.
But they are now! These objects are materialized out of good feelings. Whether they power you up, you need to collect a bunch of them for some purpose, or they make a weapon for you to use, they are physical manifestations of goodness. On occasion, you may find a living being made of it. Conceptually similar to things made of Pure Energy.
Compare Care-Bear Stare, which is instead an attack, not object, of positive emotion. A weapon made of this may overlap with Holy Hand Grenade and/or Silver Has Mystic Powers. If the object represents a certain virtue, it's an Embodiment of Virtue. Contrast, obviously, Made of Evil. See also God of Good.
- In the Sailor Moon franchise, the eponymous heroine possesses many magical objects and weapons made from the light and goodness in the universe.
- The Shinzoku of Slayers, a.k.a. Flare Dragon Ceiphied and the four Dragon Kings. While they don't actually appear in-series, the lore explicitly describes them as the polar opposite of the Mazoku race, who themselves are Made of Evil.
- In One Piece, a "Klabautermann" is a ghostly manifestation of a ship's spirit that is born out of its crew's love for it. Unfortunately, a Klabautermann being seen by its crew is a sign that their ship will soon meet its doom.
- A Diplomatic Visit: In the fourth story, The Diplomat's Life, the "Pony of Shadows" arc reveals that the Tree of Harmony was actually grown from a seed created by the Pillars of Equestria, infused with magic representing the strongest traits of each of them - Healing, Bravery, Beauty, Strength, Hope and Sorcery - with the intention that it would protect Equestria from dark forces just by being there. It was then co-opted by the spirit of Harmony itself, who'd seen their intentions and approved of them, and went on to make it even more powerful, resulting in it sprouting the physical Elements of Harmony.
- The Amulet from The Monster Squad, which according to Scary German Guy, is made of "concentrated good." Dracula and his cronies want the Amulet so they can destroy it.
- Depending on which emotions you charged it with, the pink slime from Ghostbusters II could be this.
- In Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Scott, like in the comics above, discovers the Power of Love and produces a katana of materialized love. It gets broken by the Big Bad. However, when he discovers the Power of Self-Respect (not in the comics), he forges a new sword out of it that fares much better.
- In Harry Potter, the Patronus Charm summons a guardian that's essentially made of its caster's positive emotions. They're primarily used to counter Dementors and their despair-inducing aura.
- In the Young Adult fantasy novel Avielle Of Rhia, the title character, Avielle, has a magical gift for weaving- she starts by weaving shawls that can give their wearers courage, sorrow, hope, and so on. But as she faces utter darkness and despair, and everything is lost, the Goddess of Rhia communicates with her, and Avi is able to weave a shawl of pure light and love.
- Sylphrena in The Stormlight Archive is an honorspren, which is essentially the idea of honor given a semi-physical form.
- In one fairy tale, a girl is created from "loving tears". She winds up redeeming the bad guy by looking into his eyes.
- In Dark Sun Rising, the vial of pure, liquified Solar Fae, given to Damien is essentially liquid goodness.
- The Silmarillion the Silmarils were gems that were crafted by Fëanor from the essence of the Two Trees of Valinor; and they housed the light and the wonder of life itself. They were so pure that they burned the hands of anything evil that touched them.
- Parodied in Dr. Dude with the Elements of Coolness: a Magnetic Personality, the Heart of Rock 'n Roll, and the Gift of Gab.
- Beings with the Good subtype (mostly angels) in Dungeons & Dragons are literally made (at least in part) of Good (there are also the subtypes for Law and Chaos, which does not currently exist as tropes, and Evil, which does). Important point: while most beings with the Good subtype stay good, in the rare case that they fall to evil, they still count as good for a number of things... including detection magic.
- In Kirby's Dream Land 3, helping out each character in each stage gets you a heart star. These later materialize into the Love-Love Stick that you fight Dark Matter and his master Zero with.
- The Legend of Zelda:
- In The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, a Collection Sidequest involves collecting Gratitude Crystals, which materialize out of a person's gratitude when Link helps him/her out.
- In The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Force Gems similarly materialize out of gratitude once Link does sidequests. They open up new sections of railway.
- Harmony from the game Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak is this.
- In Super Paper Mario, the Pure Hearts are said to be made of pure love.
- In Kingdom Hearts, hearts are normally a mix of good and bad, however the Seven Princesses of Heart have incorruptibly pure hearts, to the point that their presence is said to physically weaken The Heartless.
- According to Scribblenauts Unlimited, Starites are made from happiness.
- In Sonic and the Secret Rings, the Seven World Rings are composed of emotions. Three of them (Prayers, Joy, and Pleasure) more or less consist of this trope. Three more (Rage, Sadness, Hatred) are more or less the exact opposite, and the last (Wishes) is somewhere right in the middle.
- Angels in Diablo are beings of light and sound, embodying virtues like Hope, Justice, Wisdom, and Valor, with no actual bodies underneath their armor. When wounded they'll "bleed" a glowing white substance and radiate light from their injury.
- 8-Bit Theater: Black Mage's Hadoken fires a ginormous beam of cohesive, mountain-destroying... love. He himself can't explain it, but he's informed the worldwide divorce rate goes up every time he uses it.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic:
- The Elements of Harmony.
- Also, in the episode "Hearth's Warming Eve", the friendship of the three second-in-commands to the leaders of the three races creates a heart-shaped beacon of fire that destroys/repels the Windigos. It still burns to the present day.
- In Samurai Jack, the eponymous hero's katana was made from the goodness of his father.
- The Disney Fairies are stated to be born of a child's first laugh.
- Which is, of course, a ripoff of (licensed Disney property) Peter Pan, where all the fairies were born when the first child laughed for the first time.
- In one episode of Darkwing Duck, Darkwing is split into his good and evil halves, which are later "galvanized" by the same ray so that one is Made of Evil and the other Made of Good.
- The Autobot Matrix of Leadership of Transformers, although its origins tend to vary from one continuity to another, it is often used by Autobot leaders to subdue entities of pure evil, such as Unicron.
- Steven Universe
- While it hasn't been directly stated, the powers of the title character, such his healing spit, magical shield, and protective bubble, seem to be literal manifestations of his love and need to protect others.
- Fusions in this universe are described as literal personifications of characters' relationships. So when two who care deeply about one another fuse (such as in the case of Ruby and Sapphire to form Garnet), the end result is this.
I am made of love/ And it's stronger than you!
- As seen above, The Powerpuff Girls has Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup who are made from sugar, spice, and everything nice.note